[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's a town, people live there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 52
File: medieval_town.jpg (918 KB, 2042x1280) Image search: [Google]
medieval_town.jpg
918 KB, 2042x1280
Making a location is really easy. The trick is to make it vivid and focus on what matters to the game. By keeping the details vague and writing down only what the players can discover everything comes together really fast. Nondescript goon stats can plug into any NPC should combat become necessary, no need to worry about it just yet.

>Name
>Occupation
>Power base
>Allies
>Enemies
>Conflict

Populate this small town with NPCs. Cover the 6 categories and try to reference other NPCs. Add a pic, and we're ready to play.
>>
File: lord-mayors-birmingham.jpg (50 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
lord-mayors-birmingham.jpg
50 KB, 615x409
>Name
Gabrion Isamuel Horteal
>Occupation
Town council head
>Power base
The rich in town and a majority of outlying farmers kept in line with taxes, promises of security, and moral pressure. The town guard.
>Allies
The smith, cobbler, head merchant, priest, and royal toll road tally are on his side to keep order and enable prosperity in piety.
>Enemies
The loggers, mill workers, and a few farmers who suffer enforced prices on their labor and products.
>Conflict
Growing exports along the royal road and the river favor some industries with great profits while others fall behind and get marginalized more and more. This breeds discontent and must be addressed for prosperity to flourish.
>>
File: bishop.jpg (186 KB, 3200x1800) Image search: [Google]
bishop.jpg
186 KB, 3200x1800
>Name

>Occupation
Priest
>Power base
His flock which is pretty much the entire population, some more impressionable than others.
>Allies
Town council
>Enemies
Merchants running uncouth establishments in cellars or outside town where they draw on the believers' coin and spirit alike with wine, whores, and gambling.
>Conflict
The loggers rarely attend temple services and could use a preacher at their camp, but they don't want one.
>Secret
Enjoys some discreet whoring himself sometimes, but he's torn up about it.
>>
>>48024981
>Name
Orgen Petowan
>>
>>48022437
>Name
Ingril the Small
>Occupation
Smuggler
>Power Base
Ringleader of the town's largest speakeasy
>Allies
none but those he pays
>Enemies
The priest of the town who is always trying to shut down the speakeasy with bribes to town council
>Conflict
Thugs from a few miles over have holed up in the speakeasy and are drving away customers (much to the delight of the priest)
>Secret
Also paying off the town council to not come and tear down the operation
>>
plz don't die
>>
I love this concept. Bump!
>>
File: seamstress.jpg (463 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
seamstress.jpg
463 KB, 1024x768
>Name
Rolanda Horkenstal
>Occupation
Seamstress
>Power base
The village women heed her advice.
>Allies
She knows how to approach the priest and council with reason.
>Enemies
The merchants are in permanent price wars with her or one of her proteges.
>Conflict
Will eye Ingril cautiously every time he can be spotted, he's never up to any good.
>>
>>48027732
>Secret
Lost every child she had in birth or infancy and can get envious of mothers.
>>
>>48022437
>Name
Eric william
>Occupation
Toolsmith (For the last fucking time, he does not make weapons and armor!)
>Power base
Pretty much anyone who needs tools.
>Allies
this guy >>48022578, the cobbler (buys his nails and their wives are friends), Logger foreman, merchant's guild, the priest
>Enemies
A few farmers who feel entitled to free tools since "They feed his family" (but they don't give him free food), the armsmith (mostly because he gets confused for the guy), Dinkleburg
>Conflict
He's a pious man, but long days are work has him sneak off to >>48026802's speakeasy. Not to mention some of his fellow working class friends don't appreciate how chummy he is with Horteal. He'd rather not talk about his arch-nemesis Dinkleburg.
>>
>>48022437
>Name
John Tiller
>Occupation
Farmer
>Power base
Huge man that demands the attention of any room he is in, thinks he can get anything he wants due to his intimidating precense
>Allies
Small group of farmer friends, his family, and sometimes he breaks and goes to >>48027732
for advice
>Enemies
>>48027915 will never give him the tools he needs to provide food for the town
>Conflict
Inside he is insecure and worries about what other people think of him too much
>>
File: Degaine.png (1 MB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
Degaine.png
1 MB, 600x1000
>>48022437
>Name
Billy
>Occupation
Beggar/petty criminal
>Power base
A few friends that owe him favours and the occasional sewer rat that he is training to steal jewellery with mixed results
>Allies
His uncle, Francis who works under the local priest >>48024981 as a wannabe priest and is committed to getting billy off the streets to be an honest God-fearing man

He also allies himself temporarily with anyone that wants a distasteful job done (badly) on the cheap. There is a good chance he will blow the money on drink and fuck up the job.
>Enemies
The victims of his previous crimes (mostly middle class)
Those that have hired his services and been thoroughly disappointed (mostly working class)
The Priest and clergy who think he is a filthy criminal who refuses to change his ways
>Conflict
Frequently comes to blows with his elder brother, Isaac who is an honest fisherman and believes billy is ruining the family name.
>Secret
He is suicidal and drinks so he can forget about it
His rat friends are the only thing stopping him ending it all
>>
File: 005last-logo-g.jpg (1 MB, 977x1475) Image search: [Google]
005last-logo-g.jpg
1 MB, 977x1475
>>48028374
>>48028081
>>48027915
>>48026802
You are the true champions of /tg/.
>>
>>48028813
thanks for the 2x(You), friend
>>
>>48022437
>Name
Gern Farance
>Occupation
Low ranking town guard
>Power base
He only holds power over the frail and elderly in the town, everyone else (especially those in the town guard) feel themselves free to shit all over him
>Allies
No true friends, however sometimes he finds himself in the company of scoundrels in Ingril's speakeasy
>Enemies
Everyone that knows his name loathes him
>Conflict
He feels useless and hopeless, and takes this out on those who can't protect themselves
>Secret
His uncle is a high ranking officer in guard of the capital city, which is why Gern is never fired
>>
come on /tg/, I can't be the only one doing this
>>
File: POLtick.jpg (52 KB, 667x800) Image search: [Google]
POLtick.jpg
52 KB, 667x800
>>48022437
>Name
Poltick
>Occupation
Owns the toll bridge
>Power base
Has influence among the elite such as merchants and ruling class
>Allies
Works closely with the council and guards as it is in the best interests of the city to keep the bridge open and defendable if needs be
>Enemies
Black people - Poltick does not allow blacks to enter the city
>Conflict
The bridge operates under a strict shoot on sight policy for blacks and the guards turn a blind eye to this. The ruling classes and military men who also are not very fond of the blacks secretly encourage this at their weekly pol meetings
pol = parish officer's league
>Secret
His great grandfather was black which is strictly against pol rules

>>48029700
don't worry
i'm back
from the makers of billy:
>>
>>48030117
>overt racism as a theme
Nope.
>>
bumo
>>
>>48022437
>Name
Rilder Gomlick
>Occupation
Independent Thief with the occasional contracts
>Power base
Low rent apartment in the shittier sections of town, and the usual places to hide
>Allies
Fences, those who sign contracts with him, occasionally Billy
>Enemies
Town guards, rent-a-cops, rich people, nobles, other thieves in competition
>Conflict
The growing popularity of private guards, and the increasing tech the guards use have made life difficult for him, also his name is in the database of the police station, better get that cleared
>Secret
Rather agoraphobic due to staying his whole life in cities and densely populated areas
Ashamed that his parents are probably disappointed with him due to his profession
Alcoholic and pretty bitter about it
>>
>>48035325
>Name
Antoni Gomlick
>Occupation
Owns the Ropewalk, producing all the ropes used in this and several surrounding towns.
>Power base
People always need rope.
>Allies
Has a tentative business alliance with the man who owns the sail loft in the city down the river. Has been saving up to open a second ropewalk down there.
>Enemies
His brother Rilder is a smear upon his good name and he's done his best to get him ridden out of town, so far to no avail.
>Conflict
See above
>Secret
Once let his brother talk him into hiding stolen goods in his ropewalk.
>>
File: some good ass loot.jpg (666 KB, 3888x2592) Image search: [Google]
some good ass loot.jpg
666 KB, 3888x2592
>>48035609
Brother it's been a while. I need to drop off some gems, it'll only be for a few days I promise.
>>
>Name
Ehrik Fur
>Occupation
Beggar/Informant
>Power base
Those who need info leaked from loose lips
>Allies
Rilder is a common client, Orgen always wants to know about the Council
>Enemies
Gern who kicked him into the canal
>Conflict
Billy always takes the best spots to beg
>Secret
Keeps a almond sized sapphire under the lose cobblestone in the alley off Baker St. It was his mothers betrothal gift.
>>
>>48035746
>Almond sized sapphire

>>48035705
Holy FUCK Rilder! That's Ehrik's! No way I'm taking that shit
>>
>>48035765
Have you SEEN that thing? These gems are from that fat ass noble Gabrion! Besides, picking pockets of the poor is beneath me.
>>
>>48022437
>Name
Commonly known as "Oughtnot" as in "ought not to grow up like him, kids"
>Occupation
"""Firekeeper""" read NEET, keeps a fire going on the side of the road at the edge of the town, loiters by it most of the time, lives off by nicking food
>Power base
None
>Allies
None
>Enemies
Most
>Conflict
Contributes nothing, just a burden on the town
>>
>>48022437

>yfw most video game developers would try to sell this to you as a metropolitan city and major hub of the region/nation
>>
>>48036096
God damn console limitations. But yeah, I fucking hate it when they do that shit.
>>
>Name
Arbor Oh'fella
>Occupation
Logger Foreman
>Power base
Other loggers and their families, everyone else those who live outside the village walls.
>Allies
Eric the tool smith supplies most of their saws and axes. Those Who Live Behind The Trees
>Enemies
The Priest who's always putting his nose were it shouldn't be. Gabrion Isamuel Horteal who charges an arm and a leg to live on whats been /their/ land for generations.
>Conflict
The logging front has been increasingly harder to maintain as of late.
>Secret
Is head priest of a pagan religion operating out of the forest surrounding the town
>>
>>48022437
I don't trust that house with the green smoke/light.
>>
>>48036248
Probs the apothecary working on some shit. That or billy was over there and let out a rank ass fart.
>>
>>48022437
Finally this thread is picking up again
>Name
Those who know him call him The Man of Moss, his true name is unknown
>Occupation
He is a spirit of the forest
>Power base
He likes to pull pranks on unsuspecting villagers during the night
>Allies
Other spirits of the forest
>Enemies
None, though sometimes his pranks can go too far though (the Drowning of the Mayor 40 years before still remains in the minds of the older folk, especially >>48027732, who was to marry him the following week
>Conflict
His forested area is slowly contracting on him due to >>48036123
>Secret
Few know what he looks like, as he only comes out in the middle of the night
>>
>>48036352
Would he be pissed off if someone went into a mine to nick some of the stray ores and gemstones?
>>
File: apothecary.png (2 MB, 1600x1156) Image search: [Google]
apothecary.png
2 MB, 1600x1156
>Name

Horatio Sant

>Occupation

Apothecary

>Power Base

Providing health services, tonics, potions and other remedies to those in the town and abroad to near-by towns and wealthier families who can afford his treatments.

>Allies

>>48022578 along with Ser Gregory Nelson, who's newborn son he saved from a rare disease (he's banking on the nobles support to push his way up past the rank if mere gentry.)

>Enemies

The loggers (for using barbaric 'traditional' methods of healing and not seeking his care), >>48026802 for smuggling valuable goods stolen from his own laboratory and selling bogus cure-all to the townsfolk.

>Conflict

His practice is being discredited by superstition. People who keeps asking him for his strongest potion when they are not strong enough for it.

>Secret

Actually dabbles in alchemical theorem and experiments taken from earwax heretical texts. He is intrigued and finds it difficult to ignore what he could learn..
>>
File: Greek Pottery.png (542 KB, 525x842) Image search: [Google]
Greek Pottery.png
542 KB, 525x842
>>48022437
>Name
Chiral Dossas
>Occupation
Potter
>Power base
Much of the town guards, who he donates fresh pottery to for giving their time and efforts to defend him.
>Allies
Gern Farance
>Enemies
Poltick the Tollman, for being a ruthless, racist cunt who charges him to just cross a damn bridge.
>Conflict
Tired of spending money to cross a small bridge, shouts at Poltick every day.
>Secret
Gathering some into a plot ring in order to stage an "accident" for Poltick.
>>
>>48036470
Hey Horatio, Rilder stopping by. Just came to pick up some sleeping tonic for... uh... need to sleep I guess.
>>
File: Greek Pottery styles.png (130 KB, 655x767) Image search: [Google]
Greek Pottery styles.png
130 KB, 655x767
>>48036553
Oh, have lots for sale. Any style to fit the buyer's needs. Best prices this side of the bridge too
>>
This little burg we've made needs a name.
>>
>>48037150
Justainasburg
A quaint little community in a growing town. Or could be the name of the town itself idk.
>>
>>48037150
I propose the name Reddon
Named after Arhor Reddon who founded it 200 years prior as an entry point to the mines

There's a statue of him in the town square, a tall, burly man with an impressive moustache, iron pick in one hand and oil lantern in the other
>>
File: 1909 - Mountain Village.jpg (410 KB, 990x635) Image search: [Google]
1909 - Mountain Village.jpg
410 KB, 990x635
>>48037150
Fordhurst, Woodwick, Hortealing (after the founder, Aethelwud Horteal), Forestead
>>
>>48037223
>Reddon founded the town

You believe that meme-tier history don't you? Must have listened to one of Oughtnot's ramblings again...
>>
>>48037277
How could he not have? His name's right on the plaque in the middle of town!

>>48036436
Nah, the mine isn't part of the forest. He might decide to steal your loot if you leave at night though
>>
File: Reddon the shoddly made.png (14 KB, 1005x541) Image search: [Google]
Reddon the shoddly made.png
14 KB, 1005x541
>>48037223
I like that. Here is a complementary drawing of the statue I made after 12 hours of MS paint.

Though I still think that Justainasburg should be a street or section at least.
>>
>>48037311
About the mine, I should've been specific about where at. I was referencing a mine that has been abandoned and reclaimed by nature (sort of like your domain).

Fuck I'm gonna draw a map of this place later if I have the time.
>>
>>48037336
Of course, the mine has long since been run dry

However, the town prospers as the entrance into the Golem's Pass, a main trading route through the nearby mountain range
>>
>>48037385
Any monsters, bandits, or general ne'er-do-wells taking up residence in the mine?
>>
>>48037411
At twilight one can sometimes hear shouts coming from that area, however they stop whenever the sun goes below the mountains
>>
>>48037385
Welp, in that case, time to go looting! The landlady's been bitching about the rent money and quite frankly, I'm too delicate and prudish to be some cunt's rent boy.
>>
File: monster.png (1 MB, 2542x1660) Image search: [Google]
monster.png
1 MB, 2542x1660
>>48037411
You know it, I can't go near there to get the clay for my pots. I have to cross the river and deal with that troll who stands guard there all day
>>
>>48037451
>>48037467
Wouldn't do that if I were you, it's infested with Knockers.
>>
File: dangerous hooks.jpg (26 KB, 500x314) Image search: [Google]
dangerous hooks.jpg
26 KB, 500x314
>>48037467
>you

Hey, if you need a reliable jug to carry water in I know a guy who makes really durable ones out of pottery
>>
File: 1455860519725.jpg (95 KB, 736x1040) Image search: [Google]
1455860519725.jpg
95 KB, 736x1040
>Name

Alaric Silver

>Occupation

General Magic Man. Whenever some sort of spooky shenanigan comes knocking at the towns door, Alaric is the one that comes around and smacks it with a broom until it fucks right off.

>Power base

The townmembers he helps.
>Allies

>>48036470 because he knows how to get some of the reagents that the Apothecary needs in some of his more delicate medicines.

>Enemies

>>48024981 and the town council. Mostly because he calls them on all of their bullshit that they try to pull on the local townspeople.
>Conflict

Likely accused of some form of witchcraft by the Priest, which is likely backed up by the town council. Out of town debts he still has to pay off, likely resulting in some unsavory characters coming into town to try and collect said debts.
>>
>>48037548
He should be burned at the stake
>>
>>48037693
You're the priest, aren't you.
>>
>>48037712
Wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a religious nutjob that would play off on the Priest.
>>
>>48037693
It is rather spooky sometimes, but the guy does come to my shop daily. Let him be
>>
>>48037739
How did those fire salts work in that tonic you had been working on, by the way?
>>
File: Gant vara.jpg (5 KB, 188x244) Image search: [Google]
Gant vara.jpg
5 KB, 188x244
>>48022437
>Name
Gant Vara
>Occupation
Surgeon
>Power Base
His clinic on the edge of town
>Allies
Alaric and Arbor, due to their hatred of the council and habit of actually getting shit done.
>Enemies
The Council, The Priest for encouraging the town to rely on the gods rather than medicine, pretty sure Horatio Saint is a snake oil salesman
>Conflict
His clinic is going out of business due to the increasing number of people relying on Horatio Saint's potions
>Secret
Has seen what the Moss Man really looks like. Drinks to forget.
>>
>>48037739
I sell pottery, the fire salts are mixed inside the mortar and pestles that I sell... as far as making tonic goes you'll have to talk to Horatio
>>
>>48037467
>>48037489
Damn that place was precarious. So many twists and turns leading into pit falls. Heard some noises while up there but I kept to the shadows and didn't see anything. Nicked a few chunks of ore left behind, and a lone coin purse that some poor schmuck left sitting around for the taking. Also anyone know what this thing is?
>>
File: town.jpg (40 KB, 393x1000) Image search: [Google]
town.jpg
40 KB, 393x1000
>Name
Dolores Dossas
>Occupation
Housewife
>Power base
Good looks
>Allies
Her husband >>48036553
Lumberjacks
>Enemies
Priest, because he considers her a whore and because she spends too much time with the lumberjacks.
All the other women in the city.
>Conflict
Husband can't satisfy her.
>Secret
Is a follower of the pagan religion operating in the forests surrounding the town.

Regularily cheats on her husband.
>>
>>48036470
secretly a son of
>>48035974
>>
File: Self_Delacroix_Portrait_1837.jpg (111 KB, 443x593) Image search: [Google]
Self_Delacroix_Portrait_1837.jpg
111 KB, 443x593
>Name
Joseph Baum
>Occupation
Noble, Merchants Guild officer
>Power base
Town Merchants, Loggers
>Allies
Gabrion Isamuel Horteal gets a discount (So does all the counsel, but shh), Horatio Sant who gets his rarer ingredients though him
>Enemies
Other nobles who see his rise to noblehood from a merchant as an insult
>Conflict
The other MG officers are always scheming against him.
>Secret
Born a commoner, has ties to one of the logger families under >>48036123 Disdains their pagan ways but finds it in his heart to cover for them and the loggers always answer the call of kin.
>>
>>48037858
Who's the mother?
>>
File: love....jpg (10 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
love....jpg
10 KB, 284x177
>>48037824
Ah, my fine wife. So glad you came back early for once... how was your mushroom foraging? Find any big ones like last time? I'm sure with Arhor as your guide you'd fine a lot
>>
>>48037872
Died in childbirth, Oughtnot used to be fairly rich before drinking it all way in despair.
>>
>>48037896
Arhor's been dead for 150 years, my friend. Perhaps you need to lay off those mushrooms?
>>
File: requires helmet.jpg (60 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
requires helmet.jpg
60 KB, 500x375
>>48037896
Oh God, this a Dale Gribble situation isn't it? Fuck I'm dying.
>>
>>48037896
Oh dear Chiral. You wouldn't believe the size of mushrooms in the forest.
>>
File: Chiral and apprentice.jpg (84 KB, 450x512) Image search: [Google]
Chiral and apprentice.jpg
84 KB, 450x512
>>48037909
*Arbor, perhaps I should...

>>48037917
Never heard of Dale... there is a guy named Rusty Shackleford that I bumped into the other day after crossing and Poltick's bridge.

>>48037920
You don't say...
>>
>>48037869
Noble, eh? Better make a note of this.
>>
>>48037950
Also, anyone notice how invested my son is in religion? It's almost as if he's got holy blood running through his veins... wonder who he got it from though?
>>
>>48037869
Evening, Joseph. It's Garn.
>>
>>48038022
Gee I wonder... Anyway, does anyone know how much this shit is worth? Looks like it's made of gold.
>>
>>48038092
It looks like some kind of idol.
>>
>>48038092
If it wasn't missing a sapphire, it would fetch a large price on the black market

Of course, it still would, being a golden idol, but the lack of the sapphire hurts the resale value a little...
>>
>>48038092
Ain't an idol for any religion i've ever seen.
>>
>>48038092
The priest might have fathered a kid... geez, glad my wife is so dang gorgeous. She'd never stoop so low as to lay with the bishop. Just confession every other day, like a good pious woman.
That idol looks really cool. Maybe you'd be willing to trade it to me for a few of my finer vases. >>48038125 has a good point, that missing sapphire does hurt the value
>>
>>48038084
Oh, it's you. Did your Uncle send you to fetch his monthly tobacco shipment?
>>
>>48038147
You sure you want to take that idol in to your house? From what I've heard, pagan idols are usually cursed.
>>
>>48038138
>t. Arbor
>>
>>48038118
>>48038138
I know it's an idol, I sto- erm saw it in a bin outside of the church in town.
>>48038125
You could be right, I noticed a space where a gem would fit, I could probably just throw another gem in and call it abstract. That seems to fetch a high price on the market.
>>48038147
Yeah, your wife is pretty hot. And I could do with a few vases, does your wife deliver?
>>
>>48038162
Keep makin' cracks about my uncle and I might just walk away. I'm already angry with you making a house call. Right now, some idiot's probably stepping on a rusty nail, and I can't do a thing. So, what needs surgering?
>>
>>48038163
Then you would have already felt the effects of that curse, no?
>>
>>48038197
You never know. Sorcery is insidious.
>>
>>48038171
She does actually! Once she gets back from Arhor's little lumberjack meeting I can send her right away.
>>
>>48038215
Everyone should probably start signing posts with character name and occupation of who they are playing
>>
>>48038224
It would be nice not to have to jam your name into the begining of every post.
>>
>>48038224
>tells us to do something
>does not do it himself

You must be Oughtnot
- Chiral, Potter with the hottest wife in town, so be jelly
>>
>>48038193
Over in the courtyard. Some fool of a lad had a wagon fall on him. Oh, and the pay for your work for our mutual "wooden" friend is beneath the mossy flagstone outside.
>>
>>48038224
We really should. Also anyone know anything about that artifact I found in the mines a while ago?
>>
File: 1417106834026.gif (21 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1417106834026.gif
21 KB, 350x350
This is a good thread. We should make this a regular thing.
>>
>>48038295
Here here!
>>
>>48038269
*I take a long bonesaw from my bag and use it to pry the stone away, being sure not to look at or touch the moss. I take the money.*
Right. Let's see to your servant.
>>
File: gyroid.png (801 KB, 1141x1274) Image search: [Google]
gyroid.png
801 KB, 1141x1274
>>48038280
I don't know a lot about artifacts, but I do know a lot about pottery. That looks like an old gyroid made by the people who used to live here before us. They lived among animals... right in their village! Insane if you ask me...
>>
>>48038318
oh

- Chiral, Potter
>>
>>48038295
We did it, everyone!
>>
>>48038318
What a bunch of fucking furries. I'm just gonna sell it to museum, they seem to eat this shit up. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a noble house that needs to be broken into.
>>
>>48038269
Looks like a broken rib and a deep gash on the shoulder from where the cart hit him. You'll need to keep him bedridden for a few weeks. Hope you didn't need any abacuses transported or whatever you do here.
>>
>>48022437
>Name
Herschel
>Occupation
A hermit who ocassionally comes out of the forest into the city for some supplies
>Power base
Holy pagan man
>Allies
Rolanda, lumberjacks and potter's wife
>Enemies
priest, Toolsmith (Because he pays not in coins but in other stuff)
>Conflict
He loves rolanda but she won't convert to his religion
>Secret
Dresses up as a weird creature on certain dates and terrorizes town
>>
>>48038385
are you and the Moss Man buds
>>
>>48038280
There there young fellow.
That piece of junk is almost worthless. But as a sign of good faith I will offer you a bow in exchange for it! Whaddaya think?

>Herschel, Hermit
>>
>>48038245
That's right, everybody just blame old Oughtnot

We'll see whose laughing when I'm gone and there's nobody keeping the fire anymore, you'll all be sorry then
>>
>>48038398

>Dresses up as a weird creature on certain dates and terrorizes town
>>
Okay, going to sleep now. I'll be waiting for my lovely Dolores to return. Good night y'all
>>
>>48038409
I'm just saying, I've never seen them in the same room together.
>>
>>48038402
Eh, why the Hell not? Sure.
>>
>>48038428
By the transitive property, that bow is now cursed as well.
>>
>>48038405
I swear to all the gods I'm coming back to haunt this rotten hole of a town too

You're never getting rid of old me
>>
>>48038444
Welp, time to pay the local wizard a visit to see if I can get rid of it. Speaking of which, does this town have a wizard? Or a guy that gets rid of curses for that matter?
>>
File: fursuit.jpg (7 KB, 194x260) Image search: [Google]
fursuit.jpg
7 KB, 194x260
>>48038409
>>
Oy Arbor. I finally got it!!! We got it!!
We can finally put our plan to action.
Some sucker actually sold it to me.

Come to the forest tomorrow at midnight. Bring the potter's wife. She's crucial. I will prepare everything.

>>48038471
see
>>48037548
>>
>>48038471
Sure does.
>>
>>48038475
I fucking knew it! These guys aren't hippies! They're worse! Thank the Gods I keep my address secret.
>>
Yulrick Forebearer

>Occupation
Town Guard level 4

>Power base
Friend of other guards as well as one of >>48026802 Ingril's best customers, giving him access to some nefarious goods if he so desired.

>Allies
The other guards who will back him up unless given undeniable proof he is up to no goods. Ingril.
His wife Gera (pronounced Jerah) Forebearer who cooks for a local tavern.

>Enemies
Dissidents mostly, but nobody actually dislikes him on a personal level.
Often fights with his wife Gera over where his wages keep disappearing to.

>Conflict
Has a problem with abusing psychedelic substances as well as a short temper. One day this could lead to something serious with his wife, and Yulrick would try to cover it up. Not an evil man or a bad man, but a man with serious vices.
>>
Weird sounds are coming from the potter's house while he is out on an errand.
Sounds like fighting?
Someone should go check it out
>>
>>48038471
I heard you needed a curse removed?
>>
>>48038551
Someone could get hurt, I should probably check it out.
>>
>>48038551
No! Everything's fine! Don't come in! Just er, house sitting every once in a while.
>>48038558
Also yes, this bow (pictured above>>48038428)
>>
>>48038574
Hey >>48038540 Yurick! I might need some backup.
>>
>>48038584
This bow is not cursed.
At all.
Who told you it was cursed?
>>
File: 1463057779549.jpg (67 KB, 488x750) Image search: [Google]
1463057779549.jpg
67 KB, 488x750
>>48038477
Ho Ho Ho, at long last. We will finally talk back what was ours!
Acolytes! Gather the harvest berries, prepare the the feast, unroll the great beast skins and make ready the ritual!
>>
>>48038605
I dunno, some dude just yelled about curses being transferred. Good thing it ain't cursed cause I plan on using it later... For things.
>>
>>48038620
Damit, I keep telling people I'm the only one qualified to give arcane advice around here.
..What kind of things?
>>
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 1140x1444) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 1140x1444
>>48038584
>>48038593
What the hell is going on in here? It sounds like someone is murdering a pig.
>>
>>48038612
Wait, WHAT!!! One of the focusing gems is missing!!!!
>>
>>48038612
Well that can't be good, but it can be very profitable. Time to start stealing.
>>48038636
Uh, nothing sir, I was um... Did you notice how many druids are running around recently?
>>
>>48038612
Oh ho! Wot's all this then?
>>
>>48038648
>>48038477
YOU! Who did you get this from!?
>>
>>48038636
...I think I'll just be going. Damn waste of my time....
>>
>>48038657
I GOTIT FROM >>48038649
>>
>>48038649
Druids? Ah, no I suppose I haven't-

>>48038612
>>48038648
>>48038652
>>48038657
>>48038673
Oi! What are you lot doing here? What's all this ruckus?
>>
>>48038663
>>48038636

>Potter's wife walks out right after >>48038649
Hello there Guard.
Nice beard you have.
>>
>>48038648
Oh, so it HAD to be a specific one? I just glued a fake emerald on. Sorry about that. Also sorry about nicking all of your things about five minutes ago. Speaking of which, where's my fence?
>>
>>48038684
Well, offff'ser, I wuz just taking a nice walk you see, and these guys in robes-
>>
>>48038685
Dolores.
>>
>>48038732
Not been stealing from the fruit stand again have you Ought? Or from the butcher?
Well of course you have, just don't let me catch you or it's the gallows for a week.
>>
>>48038767
(Shit I meant stocks)
>>
>>48038767
lissen mister, I think the cult folks are probably worth a look first, eh? And I think hangin me for a week is a little unnecesary.
>>
>>48038787
*starting to come down
Cults? What, you mean the church? No those guys are great, hey you haven't seen Ingril have you I need to see him about some uh, business.
>>
>>48038805
He's probably off in his easy getting trashed, was gonna do the same later. But I have to go do something.
>>
>>48038805
I ain't talkin about the church, i'm talkin' about the greenrobes! I saw them in the forest! And if you aint' seen Ingril, check the gutter.
>>
>>48038828
Oh yeah, I nicked some of there stuff while they were praying and talking about fucking up the town.
>>
>>48038816
Yeah yeah the uh the easy, it's easy to find the easy. I'll go find it now.

>>48038828
*as he quickly walks off
The gutter isn't in the easy you loon, you're crazy. Ingril's in the easy!
>>
>>48038852
*yelling*
I may be crazy, but not about the greenrobes! They're planning something! I know it!
>>
>Post more Chars

>Name
Issac Mc'Laugherty
>Occupation
Fisherman, devote follower of the faith.
>Power base
Best angler on the canal.
>Allies
His brother Billy, The Priest, his wife Angelica
>Enemies
Gern, who's post is by his shop. Dolores, who he sees as a bad influence on his wife.
>Conflict
His brother won't stop asking for "loans" that he swears will get him off the street. His catch has been declining and he swears he's seen something moving down there but the Counsel wont do a bloody thing.
>Secret
Was friends with Poltick when he was a lad and reluctantly helped him in a murder, the guilt's been weighing down on him sense.
>>
>>48038872
I heard man, I was over there stealing their trinkets, the stupid fucks.
>>
>>48038902
Finally, someone who belives me!
>>
>>48038921
Eh, oh well. I'm gonna go steal more shit, then go to bed.
>>
>>48038878
thank you anon
>Name
Arval of the Sands
>Occupation
Just a traveller passing through the town who ran out of money and is working in Ingril's speakeasy
>Power base
Very little, he's the chef and speaks very little of the native language. He's only here until he can continue on his pilgrimage
>Allies
Some of the scoundrels that infest the speakeasy are good for a card game once in a while
>Enemies
Ingril is a mean bastard, but work is work
>Conflict
pretty self explanatory
>Secret
He was a nobleman who was kicked out of his country for nefarious deeds
>>
>>48038939
good plan!
*passes out*
>>
>>48038940
Speaking of which...
After a few hours of chilling out, watching people get drunk I decided to look in the back, and sure enough Ingril was out from that sleeping elixir I bought a while ago. Now where to sell the loot?
>>
I seriously hope this is still up by the time I wake up tomorrow.
>>
>>48038295
What do we call these threads? Communal World Building?
>>
>>48039084
Communal World Building it is.

By the way I have a feeling that we should keep these very NPCish.
>>
>>48038878
>Name
Angelica Mc'Laugherty
>Occupation
Cook, proprietor of the Mc'Laugherty Inn
>Power Base
Her house/inn
>Allies
Issac Mc'Laugherty, Rolanda Horkenstal
>Enemies
Dolores (who she thinks is a vapid idiot) and Billy (who she thinks is a freeloader.)
>Conflict
Trying to simultaneously go to church and practice magic.
>Secret
Is a hedge mage.
>>
File: Angelica Mc'Laugherty.jpg (94 KB, 579x1000) Image search: [Google]
Angelica Mc'Laugherty.jpg
94 KB, 579x1000
>>48039138
>>
I'm glad I saved this thread from death earlier today, one of the better /tg/ threads
>>
>>48037336
Hey Anon, ever start on that map?
>>
File: elias.jpg (40 KB, 299x500) Image search: [Google]
elias.jpg
40 KB, 299x500
>>48022437
>Name
Elias Daqa
>Occupation
Cloth merchant
>Power base
Many of the working classed middle aged folk who were his childhood friends will assist him
>Allies
Cloth suppliers and >>48036553
Was friends with >>48037869 but mostly lost contact as Joseph has grown in status
>Enemies
>>48030117 the racist cunt
>Conflict
Is plotting with the Chiral to kill Poltick after years of persecution and not being able to leave the city on the south side
>Secret
Fucking loves honey
Gets through about a jar of the shit every other day

>>48030171
why not? racism happens in real life
>>
>>48039478
best secret itt

also last bump before bed, hope to see you guys back tomorrow
>>
>>48022437
darn it. Now i've got the urge to play The Guild again.

>Name
Roderick Gelt
>Occupation
Trader, owner of couple of warehouses.
>Power base
Organizes regular caravans between the closest cities and villages.
>Allies
Day labours of the city. He's their main source of income as he needs the workforce to move his goods. He also provides cheap sleeping quarters in his empty warehouses.
>Enemies
Thieves, Priests
>Conflict
Is known to offer loans to citizens but is very harsh about payments.
>Secret
Sometimes he buys up large amounts of local supplies to create a artificial shortage and then sells his storage at a premium.
>>
File: Mirt.jpg (57 KB, 300x372) Image search: [Google]
Mirt.jpg
57 KB, 300x372
>>48039584
forgot picture
>>
File: major.jpg (163 KB, 620x386) Image search: [Google]
major.jpg
163 KB, 620x386
>>48022437
>Name
Brin Major (pronounced: mayor)
>Occupation
Beekeeper
>Power base
Has massive influence over Elias due to addiction.
>Allies
The priest and clergy as he often helps at church by collecting money and serving tea afterwards (sweetened with his honey of course)
>Enemies
Bees
>Conflict/Secret
His beekeeping is primarily as revenge for an event early in childhood when he was climbing in a tree in the forest and a bee hive fell on him. He was attacked by the angry swarm and spent days recovering from the stings. He swore to get revenge on the bees and his occupation is more a constant war against bees and it gives him great pleasure to take all their sweet sweet honey to punish them. Every week he throws a jar on honey into the river just to spite the bees. At night he swears he can hear the bees little voices talking to him. Little does he know the childhood event was just a prank bro thanks to this guy: >>48036352 and the bees are innocent.
>>
c'mon guys help me out here
>>
>>48039478
Good to have a friend

>>48038743
Where were you last night, honey? The bed was cold without you...

>>48038584
Glad I can trust you Rilder. By the way... have you seen my prized porcelain vase? The old owner claimed it made you impotent... can you believe that?! Ha ha... as if right? ...
>>
>>48042061
- Chiral, Potter who suddenly feels more masculine after the loss of his prized vase
>>
File: thief_by_tahra-d38lwb8.jpg (146 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
thief_by_tahra-d38lwb8.jpg
146 KB, 500x750
>>48022437
>Name
Anne the Wraith
>Occupation
Unknown (likley to be a theif)
>Power base
Her home, a underground thieves guild in a nearby village.
>Allies
>>48036470
>Enemies
The Town's guard, especially:
>>48038540
>>48030117
>Conflict
Despite not having stolen anything from anyone, "Wraith" is often the subject of accusations claiming she had stolen petty items.
>Secret
Practices stranger magics.
>>
File: margaret.jpg (6 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
margaret.jpg
6 MB, 4608x3456
>>48022437
>Name
Margaret Stone
>Occupation
Baker
>Power base
Her 6 delinquent sons who with bother anyone that wrongs her by playing pranks
>Allies
She is friends with a great many of the working class that rely on her for lunch
>Enemies
Billy, Ehrik and Oughtnot are hated as their smell drives customers away and they keep asking for free bread
>Conflict
The guards and council want to shut her down after she was found using sewage water in the kitchen and rats swarm in at night. She dares not make enemies with the council in case they close her bakery.
>Secret
Her jewelry and family heirlooms keep going missing. She believes it is some kind of curse.
>>
File: brian till.jpg (55 KB, 239x255) Image search: [Google]
brian till.jpg
55 KB, 239x255
>>48022437
>Name
Brian Tiller (cousin of John Tiller)
>Occupation
Laborer
>Power base
He is hard working and honest
>Allies
He devoutly serves the parish and therefore has their gratitude. They will assist him in small matters.
>Enemies
He has no real enemies expect enemies of the faith like pagans and those that practice sorcery
>Conflict
John Tiller who never stops complaining about how expensive tools are. Brian thinks he should grow a pair and tells him so.
>Secret
He only gives money to beggars when others are looking, if nobody was watching he would ignore them.
>>
Oh, this definitely gets a bump.
>>
>>48022437
>Name
Yuril Reastra
>Occupation
Entertainer at Ingril's speakeasy
>Power base
Knows everyone's secrets
>Allies
Arval, the cook, is kind to him
>Enemies
Most he blackmails
>Conflict
He wants to leave town but is indebted to Ingril
>Secret
He's gay
>>
bump, again
>>
>Name
Adalheidis Strongback.

>Occupation
Farmers daughter and approximate carpenter.

>Power base
Most of the men in town are inclined to agree with her due to her huge "charisma bonus".

>Allies
Most of the men in town

>Enemies
Most of the women in town

>Conflict
Unwanted affections of Arbor Oh'fella
>>
This thread is basically a cross section of /tg/.
>>
>>48048638
How so?
>>
>>48039584
Hmmm... The warehouses on the edge of town seem like a good place to rob, would certainly get me enough cash to shut up the land lady for a while.
>>
>>48042725
>Her jewelry and family heirlooms keep going missing. She believes it is some kind of curse.
Lel
>>
>>48048330
why is her skin so scaly
>>
>>48049198
>why is her skin so scaly
Did you not even notice her right arm bending backward, or her improbable bust?

She's one of the reptilians, come dress up as a lady to spy on us.
>>
File: Jack.jpg (26 KB, 630x390) Image search: [Google]
Jack.jpg
26 KB, 630x390
>>Name
'Captain' Dukes Corburn.

>>Occupation
Commonly known to be a smuggler but maintains to be an an amazingly successful fisherman.

>>Power base
A very knowledgable sailor with a knack for people and who not to know.

>>Allies
A few good friends in the Guard and Watch that he keeps sweet in bottles of inexpensive wine and the occasional bribe and gifts. A few good merchants who can fence a few goods.

>>Enemies
Couple of bastards in the Guard who don't warrent bribes and can't do anyting to prevent the smuggling.

>>Conflict
Couple of dangerous scrapes with new Guards and Watchmen not fully understanding our little arrangement
>>
>>48048330
worst ITT, sorry
>>
I think I'll start a new one latter. Maybe give it a new theme.
>>
>>48050607
Next let's let's do a post apocalyptic town like Megaton or Rivet City.
>>
File: avatar2.jpg (2 KB, 125x93) Image search: [Google]
2 KB, 125x93
>>48050772
Why not try something a little more interesting?
>>
>>48051208
Got any suggestions comrade kat?
>>
>>48050607
How about something more anachronistic? Or maybe an Urban Fantasy setting?
>>
File: ventura.jpg (25 KB, 318x320) Image search: [Google]
ventura.jpg
25 KB, 318x320
>>48051255
Soviet Union Occupation force in a village similar to the one in OP.

>Name
>Occupation/Rank/Title
>History Of Service
>Allies
>Enemies
>Conflict
>>
>>48051902
New thread is up
>>
>>48051934
New thread is lame.
>>
>>48028829
what
>>
>>48055125
It just died too soon
>>
>>48048330
Greetings, terrible magical realm!
>>
>>48061991
you can't always get everything you want out of a thread, there's always someone there to mess it up
Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.