[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tg/...I need your help.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 30
Hey fa/tg/uys...I need your help to save one of the best DnD games I've ever played from being destroyed. Wall of text incoming, but I'll have a tl;dr nutshell at the bottom.

It's an Oriental Adventures game that's played over Roll20. I know that sounds like it's asking for trouble, but the DM is actually very good. He has a fantastic story planned out that looks like it will span over the course of quite a few years (we've been playing for 2 already) and I would like to emphasize how much I appreciate this game. I've had very bad experiences with just horrible and cringey DMs. From DMs that had characters get gangraped as plot points that are required for the story, to campaigns that were just random encounter after random encounter with literally no story...I've had my share of shitty games. We all have, I'm sure. But very rarely in my 7 years of playing DnD have I found a truly remarkable, greatly enjoyable game. This game means alot to me, to actually play DnD and have fun...to have a wonderful setting and story....to be able to affect the story...encounters that weren't bullshit yet were fair challenge...actual sensible realism (or as realistic as a magical world gets)...having fun roleplaying...and having a DM that just wants people to have fun. I have craved a good game for many years and finally found one for me. But now...my campaign is in danger because of That Guy. Or..."Those Guys," I suppose.

Let me preface something. The original group from the first chapter of the game is no longer there. (cont.)
>>
By the way, some of Those Guys do use /tg/ and if they find this post; I'M GLAD. Hopefully people's responses will show you that you're being the problem players that you are. Also I forgot to mention, it's 3.5e.

There are only two people left of the original group (including me), and me and the remaining original player were assigned co-DM because the DM trusts us and has played with us for a long time and says we're good players, which is flattering, I suppose. Our main job is basically to lead the group into the plothook or side encounters or to prepare a session for the players when the DM cannot attend, and to sometimes give the DM suggestions on how to implement things. I had to leave to group for some time because of college life becoming intensive. I was out for about 5 months or so. The other co-DM had to go on a hiatus as well, something to do with him being in the military. When we finally returned...well we returned to something much different than what we left from. We were the only players of the original group still there (They all had varying reasons for taking their leave) and they were replaced over the course of some months. Here I will give you insight to the kind of players they are, and for the sake of argument and to protect identities we will change some names. We will call Main-DM Chris and the other co-DM Daniel.

The first is Oscar. He is playing a skill-monkey that is optimized to ridiculous levels (average diplomacy rolls of about 60+...party level 7-8) but that's not the major issue. He is a tad argumentative and dislikes some of the DMs houserules and while he is clearly irked by them, half the time he does submit. However, the other half of the time he argues with the DMs. Either way, not too bad so far.

(cont.)
>>
Then there's Sam. Sam is a horribly habitual powergamer. Not only was his first character a broken-as-hell artificer that was literally invincible, wore armor that gave him fly at will and gave more AC than full-plate, charged for 100+ damage, had at-will fireball as a 12th level Wizard (or so, didn't get the exact numbers on that because he wouldn't let me see his character sheet at first), and created a wand that had infinite charges and gave the target ANY fighter bonus feat REGARDLESS OF PREREQEUISITES for 90 minutes, but he was caught cheating TWICE. He was asked to retire the character because it's too powerful and he was caught cheating. He was asked to make a nonoptimized character. So he proceeds to make a 7th level summoner-type character that can summon 4 levels higher than himself, summon 4 of everything he can (when 1 of the things he summoned could solo bosses), and any attacks dealt by anything he summons can deal an additional 5d6 sonic damage per hit. This summoner is also permanently invisible and immune to True Seeing and all forms of detection, including sense life, INCLUDING CONNECTION TO A FUCKING PLANE. All-in-all, his second character was even more powerful.

I should also mention, Oscar and Sam are friends that are working together to ruin the campaign setting. Fluff-wise, their characters are "totally not American" colonists that are trying to turn "not-Asia" into a profitable endeavor. They are trying to get them to drop their, and I quote, "Barbaric culture" and strip the land of all resources and anything they can make a profit with, ravage the land, and gain the support of the people that live there anyway by instilling a mass-media that they control. I see what they're trying to do there and I find it clever, but there's little reason why these characters shouldn't be BBEGs. They also have a much higher level of technology than the setting has, having among other things STEAM-POWERED TANKS AND BOMBING ZEPPELINS. (cont.)
>>
I know you aren't finished yet, but I'm a little confused as to why your DM is allowing these things to happen. Literally all he has to do is tell these players "no, you can't use that build/item/zepplin/whatever" or kick them out if they have a problem with it. There are plenty of players out there who would happily take those spots, I'm sure.
>>
>>48021012
Oscar sounds like he needs to chill out. Sometimes things don't go your way and even your diplomacy of 60+ won't save you.

>>48021196
At this point I have to ask: why did you enable these guys? In my opinion you aren't enjoying yourself so you should stop right there and start anew.

Although I still don't know what kind of relationship you guys got, since you are a co-GM -which in my opinion is making the whole situation messier...
>>
Sam and Oscar also have control of an ARMY, have hundreds of thousands of gold, and control an entire group of engineers that continually make ships/tanks/whatever for them. I'm sure youre asking: WHY is it possible for them to have acquired all of this?

Well, to be blunt, the DM is a fantastic person but he's FAR too nice. Being nice is a great trait for a DM, but Sam and Oscar, while me and Daniel were gone, continually brow-beat the DM into giving them everything they wanted and the DM for some fucking reason submitted to them. You have to understand, the DM was far too concerned with them having fun and far too nice to say no to them. He has learned that this is a bad idea by now (through experience) and that you shouldn't trust just everyone. He made these decisions because he took advice from Spoony (Noah Antwiler if ya know of him) and that advice was "Always say yes."

I should also mention, Sam's new character has a cohort through leadership that he said is a bard that plays speed metal. Electric guitars don't even exist in the setting but he demanded that's the case anyway. Throw in her dark, brooding backstory, her having black hair and wearing all black, her always brooding in the corner and never talking, and we have a fantastic example of the 13edgy666me That Guy stereotype.

Whatever, it was total shit but we put up with it anyway. Why? Well, I guess we were naive...but it only got worse from there.

I should also mention...we'll call him Bill. Bill too has a total min-maxed character (Warblade/Warmind...) but he has a good attitude, roleplays well, and FUCKING LISTENS so we're glad to have him anyway. We found out later he only cheesed his character out so that he didn't fall behind Sam and Oscar.

One of the other non-problem players (we will call him Andy) got tired of the powergaming bullshit and straight-up left the campaign because he said it ruins the fun. It was highly regrettable, but I suppose I really can't blame him. (cont.)
>>
OP here.

>>48021302
I just explained that a bit in my following post, and things might go that way.

>>48021196
I enabled them not at all, the main-GM is the shotcaller. All we do is counsel him and help. co-GM might not even be the right term, that's just what Chris calls it. I complained about this from the very beginning, but I'm afraid at first I was the only one. Other people didn't complain untill things got REALLY bad, but moving onwards...I have to warn you it gets MUCH, MUCH worse.
>>
>>48020801
I'm sure I'm part of this board's cancer by saying this, but it sounds like alot of the issues you're experiencing, especially in regards to min-maxing, are because you're playing 3.5. Have you considered giving 5th edition a spin? It's a much more balanced system that doesn't actively encourage min-max'ing to nearly the extent 3.5 does.
>>
>>48021375
Tell your GM that Spoony is a raging retard and he shouldn't listen to a word he says.

And start from scratch.

>>48021398
>I have to warn you it gets MUCH, MUCH worse.
monitorlizard.jpg
I am always up for a trainwreck storytime.
It makes me appreciate my GM who absolutely does not let us get away with bullshit and will assertively tell us when something is not going to fit in the campaign.
>>
>>48021398
OP again. Whoops. I fucked up the link - forgive me often reading /tg/ but rarely posting. By second response was to the second post. Continuing the story...
>>
File: this.gif (446 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
this.gif
446 KB, 300x186
>>48021413
Seconding this. And this is from someone who HATED the idea of 5e before actually playing it. There's not as much freedom for character builds, but the class archetypes are all much more competent at what they do, and the options that do exist feel more meaningful and important, instead of like things that are "required" for a "build".

The loss of options used to turn me off to the system, but now that I've started playing it regularly, I realize that 90% of the options in Pathfinder were "trap options" anyway, choices that made you sub-optimal or that you would never actually take in any situation ever. 5e cutting out all the rules-bloat and broken min-maxy interactions makes character building drastically easier and feels like it's actually there to encourage ROLEPLAYING instead of theory-craft videogame "builds".
>>
To explain how things got worse - since Andy left we decided to fill his spot. Oscar said he knew some people that could play with us and said they were really good. Oscar calling them good players was a red flag from the start but the GM allowed it anyway. (Once again - he has made many a mistake in this time period but has since learned from them.)

So, Three new players joined. One of them MUCH WORSE than Sam and Oscar...

The first I'll tell you of..we will call him Zack. Zack was actually a wonderful addition. Zack has a well-balanced character who has good fluff, and good backstory. He roleplays well (and is actually quite entertaining) and his pyromaniac pyromancer had very good chemistry with my pyromancer. You can see why. All-in-all, glad to have him.

We will call the next one Stephanie. I can't really give a good opinion of Stephanie because she didn't talk much, so I will withdraw judgement. Of what she DID say though, all I got was debatably cringe-worthy roleplaying (but not that bad, really) and her rules-lawyering a bit. Annoying, but not bad at all. The rules-lawyering did get a bit too much, but when we explained the sensibilities behind overturning rules and our houserules she happily accepted.

One big thing DOES come to mind, I should add before I continue. From last session, which the main DM was absent for. There was an instance a soldier with a Yari (Spear) was charging one of the characters. Sam's (currently invisible) character was in the way. I said "Well, this only makes sense - Sams's character might get hit but yknow what I'll make it a small chance. I'll roll to see who the attack actually happens on - rolling the standard miss chance if it falls on Sam. I'll roll a d%, if its 20 or under the attack is on Sam," and it landed 18. Before I could even roll the attack and miss chance, Sam cried bullshit and started flinging a bunch of bullshit rules at me. (cont.)
>>
>>48021583
Some more feedback from me: when you are getting to a point, avoid derailing it too much. That last bit about Sam ruleslawyering because he might've gotten hit doesn't really tie in with the last player you were going to mention.

Try to avoid tangents to make your posts better.
>>
Sam said instead it should act as though his character was providing cover, and since you "can't hit cover" he shouldn't be able to be hit. (Yeah..) He also said "You cannot hit a target that you didn't actually try to hit" and also said "Well during his attack on her he's actually too close because that's a reach weapon so if the attack is on me then he doesnt get to attack at all" ...he said this, and refused to listen when I said it only makes sense that he does get the attack, since he's running forward with his spear pointed forward. Stephanie was on his side before, but after I said that she dropped it. The third new addition (which I will explain in a minute. we will call him Nick) also cried bullshit and called me out for being a terrible DM. When I asked them to show me the rules they were talking about anyway they said they will but never did. When I also reminded them that the rules say GM has final say on any of the rules Nick said, and I quote, "Well maybe the DM should learn the fucking rules."

Yeahhh. Let's talk about Nick for a second. His character he was bringing to the game was a wizard that he had apparently used multiple times, but I won't even get into that black hole. Nick's personality is..rather poisonous. All he did the entirety of the first session he played for (last session) was argue against the DMs constantly (even for things he wasn't even there for, that the supposed "victim" had no problem with), insult people, use offensive language, and act wholly immature. We also found out that he's good friends with Stephanie, and Stephanie's character is his familiar, whom is an imp.

This is when we decided to look into things. They never asked if their familiar could be another PC, and we wanted to check the validity of that in terms of rules. At this point we decided that after the session we should check everyones character sheets to make sure everyone is following the rules and gave everyone's character sheet a good read. What we found..
>>
>>48021680
It does tie in, you didn't let me finish. Either way idc.

>>48021494
We will definitely be trying 5e soon since we were interested in it, but the remainder of this campaign will be in 3.5 because A. we don't want to switch systems mid-game, and B. this campaign started before 5e was out.

Though continuing onward, what we found... we should have seen coming, but could not.
>>
Me and Daniel were getting everyone's character sheets to show to the main DM and run things by him. He DID have the final say in everything, afterall. Everyone threw in their sheets for the main DM to look at, and even mine and Daniel's sheets were thrown in there for fairness' sake. Oscar said he's changing characters because "My current character is just useless in combat." Whatever, fine. We went to get Nick's character sheet, and he hesitated. When he realized there was no way out of it, he reluctantly had his mythweavers sent to us, taking the opportunity to complain about the main DM's houserules. He said it was bullshit that spontaneous casters could use metamagic and we should houserule it that they can't or he will leave. Me and Daniel said, with no hesitation, "Good. Leave." He didn't.

So we decide to look over everyone's character sheets. Everything checks out for the most part. Sam's sheet checks out rules-wise, but he has some third party feats he didn't ask for (Main DM requires all third-party non-OA content be run by him for his approval) so we will just check those out to approve or not. Stephanie's sheet....okay, she's min-maxed to hell and back so we will just talk with her about that. Nick's sheet...

...What the fuck?!

Nick had a base attack bonus of 4.5 and had .5 levels in a class we had never even heard of. His sheet was full of all kinds of inconsistencies and red flags that we could only chalk up to not knowing the rules or just flat-out cheating. We also saw one of his feats was "Iron Will Location." So, Daniel took the sheets to give to the Chris when he returned form his business trip. Chris and Daniel decided to call up Nick to fix his sheet, question why he rules-lawyers without even knowing the rules, and maybe find out what the fuck an "Iron Will Location" is.

This is where Nick goes full retard.
>>
>>48021881
This is bretty good keep going
>>
>>48021881
These stories sustain me, continue
>>
>>48021881
let the madness continue
>>
Forgive my typing and grammar, for what happens next in this story happened recently, and made me need some fucking beer. I should probably wait for sobriety before telling this story, but fuck it.

Nick said that there is a location from some 3rd party book that has a hole that if you go in or near it you get Iron Will for free, and one of his other feats needs that as a prereq., so he decided that happened to his character. He never asked if it COULD happen, or if that location existed in Chris's setting AT ALL. Spoiler alert: it doesn't. Chris and Daniel said that his character sheet needs some fine-tuning, so Nick took this opportunity to insult them and call them "power-hungry, railroading assholes" and set his mythweavers sheet to private, so that we could no longer view it. I wasn't there for the conversation that followed, but i heard from Daniel that it was really, really bad. He copypasted Skype messages that Nick sent that I couldn't even fucking believe. When Daniel demanded taht Nick un-private his sheet and start acting like an adult, Nick simply responded with "how about you fuck right off." Why he wasn't kicked then and there, I'll never fucking know. Chris is much too non-confrontational. So Nick decided to add Oscar to the chat, and Oscar vehemently defended everything that Nick has ever said or done, and called Daniel and Chris bad DMs for having issue with him. Daniel straight-up said "you both need to stop being complete faggots or you're out of this game" and things only got worse from there. Daniel shouldn't have made that call without Chris' approval, but I can see how he was just completely pissed that Chris wasn't doing anything. What followed were many "brilliant" exchanged from Nick and Oscar, including this gem from Nick:

"You both need one of these."
>links PHB
"And one of these."
>links picture of a brain
>>
>>48021976

There is no fucking way in hell your _online_ group is so hard up for 3.5 players that you need to put up with this level of fuckery.

Literally what about these people has made you so fucking willing to put up with this insanity?
>>
>>48021976
>kick from game
>find new players
I THINK I SOLVED IT
>>
File: RfSRzJa.gif (936 KB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
RfSRzJa.gif
936 KB, 360x203
Me and Daniel decided to call up Chris and tell him that something needs to be done AT LEAST about Nick and Oscar, or his game will come crashing down. We've already lost a player because of their bullshit, and Chris needs to put his foot down before he no longer has a game at all. Chris said "I will talk with them about it" and Chris conversed with them more, with Daniel's aid. Nick insulted Chris more and more but ultimately submitted, and Chris decided "We will see how he plays next session, if it continues I will do something about it."

I love Chris and he DM's my second-favorite campaign I've ever played in... but he just doesn't get it. He's too nice, too focused on everyone having fun, and too non-confrontational. Those are often times wonderful traits for a GM to have, but he's too far into those to do anything about players that are ruining other peoples' fun.

So now we come to the point of this post: PLEASE tell us what you think. I am going to show this thread to Chris in hopes that /tg/ telling him that they should've gotten the boot long ago and that he needs to save his game will cause Chris to actually save his game. Feel free to give me and Daniel feedback as well, but please tell Chris your thoughts and feelings on the matter as he will be reading this. Daniel is present as well, he helped me write this.

Hopefully it was a good enough story, I enjoy Trainwreck and That Guy stories myself, so I guess this is mine.

Let the DM know that he has to do something about it, and if anyone thinks it should be anything but them getting removed, let us know what you think he should do.

If we kick them, we will likely show them this thread if they try to defend their retardation once more, which they certainly will. Some of them browse /tg/ so it's likely they'll find it on their own. SO if you have anything to say to any of the players: feel free!

Thanks for your time and your support, /tg/. Let's fix this amazing game. Let's make pic related!
>>
>>48022007
>>48022020
If it were up to me, they'd have gotten to boot a long time ago. It's just me and Daniel don't have the power to kick people, the only person who won't kick them is the only person with the power to do so.
>>
>>48022039
Kicking those manchildren is long overdue, I pity your lack of selfworth, which made you suffer them for as long as you did.
>>
>>48022039
I should also, at the threat of tripleposting, probably deliver that tl;dr I promised.

TLDR: Complete asshat fuckholes are ruining our game and our DM won't kick them. Tell him why he should!!
>>
>>48022061
If he doesn't get why he needs to remove them, after the stuff you posted, it's hopeless.
>>
archiving this shit

I plan on telling all my rpg buds this story

thanks for the read m8 - hope the game doesn't burn the fuck down
>>
>>48022039
You should probably start your own game with the GM and Daniel. Yes, games with only two players can work: it's been seen before.

You should walk right out of that door and only speak to Daniel and chris. Oh, and Zack: he sounds like a cool dude.

Here's what I would say to Nick, Oscar and Sam: fucking chill. Seriously, take a break right now, drop whatever you're doing and go outside for a few minutes. Drink something. Have a smoke. Take a shower. And internalize how much of an asshole each one of you has been. And sin no more. Understand?
>>
>>48022061
Nick was right about one thing.
Chris needs to get a brain.
And fucking eject those two pricks from your game, Jesus Christ they sound terrible.
>>
>>48022039
Tell Chris to grow a spine to stand up to those fuckers for me, would you?
>>
You have to get Chris to kick them, OP. They'll cry and bitch about it, sure. They'll probably tell their friends that you guys are bad DMs, yeah. But anyone willing to befriend these two sacks of shit isn't someone you want in your campaign. There will always be more players to replace them. Better players. Players that understand that having a good time is more important than beating every encounter because their character is absolutely flawless and they can never lose, ever. In other words: ADULTS. This sounds like a fun campaign, and you shouldn't let it be ruined by a couple of 12-year-old chimpanzees. They can change their ways or get out because they are making the game an absolute nightmare for everyone involved. Don't let them ruin your fun, because fun is what matters the most when you play a game.
>>
>>48022039
If you guys can't get the DM to kick the problem players, then this is as much if not more his fault than the others. He'll, they probably could have been shit-but-tolerable if he had nipped things in the bud.

At this point, the ultimatum has to be: kick the players or you and the Co-DM leave. If there MUST be a middle ground, have the problem players kill--not retire, kill--their characters and roll new ones out in the open with no broken shit and no sympathy from the DM.

If your DM can't even do that, then at this point it's his fault the game has come crashing down. Being nice does not mean kowtowing to ignorant fucks. The DM has final say on everything. Either he uses that well or he doesn't.
>>
>>48022249
>In other words: ADULTS.
You... haven't met many adults, have you? Sure, between them and teenagers, teenagers are worse, but there's shitty people in the adult category too.
>>
>>48022039
Mark out all the bullshit on ultra-faggot's character sheet and post it here. For amusement and educational purposes.
>>
>>48022125
This.
I gm'd a long time for a large group of about 7-8 players. All but two of them were munchkins, either from being obsessed with optimizing or not really roleplaying or taking the story seriously. They weren't anywhere near as bad as your problem players sound, but it still wore on me and made it less fun to GM.

So you know how I solved it? I ended the fuckin game and started a new one with the two players that actually enjoy playing the way I like to play.
>>
>>48022306
this.gif
>>
>>48022306
I would daresay as examples of what not to do in a normal RPG...
>>
>>48022362
I was thinking more like examples of what GM should be on lookout for, to prevent this level of bullshit before its too late.
>>
>>48022405
That too
>>
File: MLG Luka.jpg (58 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
MLG Luka.jpg
58 KB, 400x266
OP here. I sent Daniel a message to get Nick's sheet ASAP so I can screenshot it before he makes it private again.

I will try to deliver, lads.
>>
File: rotten.jpg (33 KB, 200x260) Image search: [Google]
rotten.jpg
33 KB, 200x260
>>48022039
Post update pls
>>
File: FE Kaelin.png (1 KB, 118x72) Image search: [Google]
FE Kaelin.png
1 KB, 118x72
>>48022775
My update is that Daniel is asleep, it's 7:31 where we live and he went do bed after I finished my post. Patience will reward ye. I'll make a new thread if I gotta.
>>
>>48021375
>Well, to be blunt, the DM is a fantastic person but he's FAR too nice. Being nice is a great trait for a DM, but Sam and Oscar, while me and Daniel were gone, continually brow-beat the DM into giving them everything they wanted and the DM for some fucking reason submitted to them.
Oh there come flashbacks to /exact same fucking thing happening/ to one of games I was in - a group of assholes join in, GM knows they are assholes from previous games, but is too nice to refuse anything, all the way up to agreeing to move to a different, small and isolated, forum when one of the assholes got banhammered from the big one it all started at.

Burn them down. Have a narration of their empire falling in flames and kick them out of roll 20 after you've had enough share of their bitching moaning.
Or timewarp it away.

>I should also mention...we'll call him Bill. Bill too has a total min-maxed character (Warblade/Warmind...) but he has a good attitude, roleplays well, and FUCKING LISTENS so we're glad to have him anyway. We found out later he only cheesed his character out so that he didn't fall behind Sam and Oscar.
It's a martial, they need minmaxing to do anything.
Bill sounds chill. Keep him.

Invite Andy back if you have his contacts.

>>48021398
>I have to warn you it gets MUCH, MUCH worse.
Well lets see if it goes up to them browbeating GM into writing in a country of traps with sole purpose being for them later plundering the ass out of it.

>>48021583
>Oscar said he knew some people that could play with us and said they were really good.
O hey more flashback flags. Ahh, futa kitsunes.

>>48022039
>So now we come to the point of this post: PLEASE tell us what you think.
You have a bunch of assholes that first got into the game by random, then figured out that Chris is a pushover and are now abusing it to hell and back.

Forcibly implant Chris with a spine and kick Nick, Sam and Oscar. You two, Bill and Zack are enough to be a core player group.
>>
continuing from >>48023444

>>48022039
>please tell Chris your thoughts and feelings on the matter as he will be reading this
Ok, specially for Chris: GET A FUCKING SPINE

>Hopefully it was a good enough story, I enjoy Trainwreck and That Guy stories myself, so I guess this is mine.
As a side comment, storytelling-wise it's a bit rambly and wandering around the points. I had same problems when telling mine the first time(s).
>>
>>48020801
Hey bitch
It's Nick.
Too much of a bitch it say this all to my face you have to run off to fucking /tg/ to cry about it and get you emotional support?
You little sub bitch.
>>
>>48023685
I wish this was real, but I know it isn't
>>
>>48023708
Shhhh. NO ONE HAS TO KNOW.
>>
>>48023802
The ones who count, already know.
>>
>>48021976
Ah, I remember the location feats; only the most power hungry of munchkins go looking for them in lost editions of dragon. Good fun for making builds that will never see the light of day (Iron will prereq for incanatrix on a sorcerer being an example), but I have never and hope to never see them in a 3.5 campaign without some severe limitations on the scope the players can have.

Personally when I run 3.5 we cap the max level at 6 and allow all races and classes with LA reducing your maximum possible level; third party is banned, templates are banned, the fucking antro handbooks are banned. Items are handed out by the GM, if you want something in particular you can go an try and research it's location in game.

That tends to clear up just about all the main bullshit builds while still giving more than enough of a playground of selection nonsense.
>>
>>48023685
If you're Nick, what is your Skype handle? And we've told you to your face multiple times - you kept insisting it's not the case. Here's proof, motherfucker.

>>48023708
I want it to be real, too. Shame it isn't. I really hope it turns out to be - I'd love for him to make an ass out of himself here.

And here's the most recent update: Chris has read this thread and decided to "grow a spine" as he put it. It seems he's happy he's doing so - he said he got tired of Nick's shit.
>>
>>48024010
>Chris has read this thread and decided to "grow a spine" as he put it. It seems he's happy he's doing so - he said he got tired of Nick's shit.
Fuck yes.

Post logs of Nick&co rage when they get booted.
>>
>>48023444
I should also say, it sounds like YOU have a story to share. /tg/ loves it's stories if you're up for it.
>>
Kill them with fire OP, kill them dead.
>>
>>48023685
>Insulting someone on 4chan.
>Doesn't call them a cluck.
This is a step in the right direction.
>>
>>48023685
Hey little cunt, it's me Daniel. I've confronted your bitch ass on Skype and you still wanna be a fucking faggot sack of shit. No one fucking cares about your Glory Hole from Complete Scoundrel, for it doesn't fucking exist in our campaign, and you never confronted us about the rules we have set in place, so you cheated on several occasions. Why don't you set your sheet to public and accept the fact that you're a worthless munchkin that should be fucking lynched?
>>
>>48024779

This is a mature response.
>>
>>48024779
Daniel, Nick, there's no need to be hostile. Even if we are considering removing them from the game as an option it's only the last ditch response.
>>
>>48024880
>[email protected]
That can't be real.
>>
>>48024880
Uh, mate, the email field is optional.

Are you looking for new players now that you've kicked those cunts out?
>>
>>48023685

Post character sheet or get the fuck out.
>>
>>48024779
Calm down man! I understand because we've dealt with this for far too long, but we can be a little bit more mature about it....even if they can't be and half of what they've said is much, much, MUCH worse. Let's be the better guys.

Guess it really was Nick. Fucking wonderful.
>>
>>48025436
Seconded.
>>
>>48025537
Cut him off and block him. Then let the rest of the group know, in no uncertain terms, that their dickery won't be tolerated anymore. If they complain, kick them. Zero Tolerance.
>>
File: 11368-22106-30753.jpg (18 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
11368-22106-30753.jpg
18 KB, 320x240
>>48021012
>Also I forgot to mention, it's 3.5e.

Well, that's your problem.
>>
>>48025537
This is what you get for whining on /tg/ rather then trying to handle it like an adult, faggot.
>>
In all honesty, OP, you could probably get a host of people to play this game from this thread alone.

... I mean, I dunno if /tg/ randumbs are much better, but still.
>>
Woah, man. This thread is the shit.

I think, everyone should chill out. Remember, it's a game, _With_ friends. It's supposed to be fun. If it isn't, stop.
Is someone forcing you to play? Grow a pair. If you want to sling shit, admit how you feel, and be adults. You don't have to play.

Both OP and whoever the hell that's in this thread, take a lesson; grow up. DnD and other tabletop games were made for the purpose of having fun. This screams the opposite.
>>
File: toh_cirno_anim.gif (12 KB, 62x84) Image search: [Google]
toh_cirno_anim.gif
12 KB, 62x84
Nick detected. Will Smite Evil work on him?
>>
>>48025608
Someone's butthurt that people won't tolerate their bullshit anymore.
>>
>>48025674
I forgot to mention, talking about >>48025608
>>
>>48025608
>asking for advice / opinion
>handling it like an adult
How is that mutually exclusive, faggot?
>>
File: Heresy 6.jpg (60 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Heresy 6.jpg
60 KB, 600x600
OP linked me this thread, I GM one of OPs other games and he's mentioned these fuckers before, wow this is bad, like, get the fuck out of my game bad. I encourage shenanigans to the point of fuckery, but these guys are just whiny little bitches who I would kick from even one of my games, and I allow so much bullshit.

Nick, Oscar, you are both heretics.

Chris. You sound like a cool dude, but man the fuck up and kick them.

Daniel. Hostility may be appropriate, but just take a breath man.

OP. Burn them. BURN THE HERETICS.

Pic related MFW
>>
File: git gud.jpg (27 KB, 316x277) Image search: [Google]
git gud.jpg
27 KB, 316x277
Just a quick update: Nick still has his charsheet set to private. Sorry, lads: OP failed to deliver. I posted everything I remembered already.

Chris is thinking about kicking them but it seems like he is still hesitant, even after reading this. I told him he needs to get rid of Nick and Oscar NOW before his game is GONE, but he's thinking on it. We can only hope. I will update on the finality of the situation. Let's hope justice is dealt.
>>
Mini-update: ITS HAPPENING CHRIS LEVELLED UP.

Also, Oscar demanded to know how he, Sam, or ANYONE else powergamed. Not only everything I've said, I should also add after three rounds of setup Sam can do 1k damage a round.

Now I feel bad. I didn't know I was picking on special needs kids.
>>
File: rekt.jpg (26 KB, 395x393) Image search: [Google]
rekt.jpg
26 KB, 395x393
>>48025914

>Now I feel bad. I didn't know I was picking on special needs kids.
>>
>>48022249
I can assure you a 12-year old wouldn't not munchkin to THAT level, it takes way too much effort and time for them, time that some adults do have in abundance since they don't have to work/study/whatever.

Pretty sure the assholes are in their early 20s or something, and just want to power game because they're bad at videogames, hence why they suck at roleplaying too.
>>
>>48025971
Finding an optimized build online isn't much effort.
>>
>>48026075
Judging from that read, they went way further than just using some random optimized build.
>>
File: 1462728572059.jpg (65 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
1462728572059.jpg
65 KB, 375x523
Bump for interest.
>>
Hey everyone, this is the aforementioned Andy. I am quite surprised that the DM´s took action, and i am not complaining about it. I will be re-joining the campaign at this rate.
>>
>>48026559
I hope you're the real deal. I want this group to have fun again
>>
File: ggnore.gif (250 KB, 193x200) Image search: [Google]
ggnore.gif
250 KB, 193x200
>>48026597
He is the real deal. I'm here for another update.

Chris decided to make a new campaign to continue the game with and didn't reinvite Sam, Oscar, Stephanie, or Nick. He reinvited me, Daniel, Bill, and Zack, and got Andy to rejoin! I still think he should've kicked them otherwise they won't know they did anything wrong, but whatever works works for sure!

tl;dr GOOD END GET

Thank you /tg/, you lads have been fucking beautiful. This thread caused the DM to finally take action. Thank you all for helping save my game.

Pic related I guess. Idc I'm happy my game's not ruined.
>>
>>48026760
Hooray!
>>
>>48026760
I think you did it in kind of a dick way, but I'm glad for you, OP, really. However, you, and the rest of your group should still say something to the people you "Kicked" out/ignored. Otherwise, they learn nothing and continue to shit on other games.
>>
>>48026760
Congratulations!
>>
>>48025914
>Sam can do 1k damage a round.

... Now this is some 3.5 shit right here.
>>
>>48026760
Happy gaming OP!
>>
>>48021976
>He copypasted Skype messages that Nick sent that I couldn't even fucking believe
Better give a summary

> Nick simply responded with "how about you fuck right off."
Kick

>Oscar... called Daniel and Chris bad DMs for having issue with him
Kick

>"You both need one of these."
>links PHB
>"And one of these."
>links picture of a brain
Grow a spine instead and kick them

Holy shit it's an online game, not like you ever need to see these scrote-garblers in real life.
>>
I have only skimmed the thread, but this looks like another, rare /tg/ success story.
Congrats and party on.
>>
File: temmieworry.jpg (34 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
temmieworry.jpg
34 KB, 500x500
Does anyone else think that they had ot have been trolling?

None of that could have been sincere. Especially the "How were we powergaming part."

Just holy FUCK dude.
>>
>>48027335
I played with a guy in college who was killing anything we came across by level 5, with a single punch to HIS OWN CHEST. When we accused him of powergaming, he said
>I'm just rping a monk, monks are just like that.

Some people are just real potatoes.
>>
>>48027402
This post and this thread have instilled a new appreciation for my group.
>>48027335
Undertale detected. Have some Undertale/D&D crossover.
>>
>>48027514
>>48027402
Makes me appreciate my new group that much more. All for the rp, mostly because they're noobs but fuck it, can't powergame what you can't understand.
>>
CHRIS IS PUTTING HIS FOOT DOWN IN SKYPE.

If there is epic rage on the part of Nick and friends, I will be certain to detail it here as it was requested 3+ times. I couldn't get Nick's sheet so I owe ya'll at least that, childish as it may be.
>>
File: Assuming Direct Control.jpg (20 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Assuming Direct Control.jpg
20 KB, 500x500
>>48027641
Jesus fucking christ.

While the rest of the brigade are assholes that I don't want in any game I ever play in, I sure as shit don't want you in anything I ever play either.
>>
>>48027667
You sure are helpful.
>>
File: MLGPOKEMONJONTRON.gif (924 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
MLGPOKEMONJONTRON.gif
924 KB, 320x180
>>48027667
Nick Detected Part 2: Electric Boogaloo
>>
>>48027715
And you sure are cancer. Keep the shitty group drama in group, don't spray that shit all over /tg/.
>>
>>48027730
>WHAA, I HAVE NO DEFENSE
No, I just don't want to see that shit here. Some faggot posting private logs in public always puts a bad taste in my mouth. Notice I said I wouldn't want to play with those shitty autists either, or is reading too fucking hard for you?
>>
>>48027744
Nick Detected Part 3
>>
>>48027744
didn't OP say that it was requested multiple times?
>>
>>48027778
Like that means shit. It's fucking group drama, it doesn't fucking belong here.
>>
File: bf4.jpg (26 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
bf4.jpg
26 KB, 600x450
>>48027805
It's just a social experiment bro.
>>
>>48027805
You're welcome to not stick around and read it. Others want to.

Though >>48027763
I'm torn between them having a right to privacy with their personal logs and them deserving all the bullshit they suffer from being massive knobs...
>>
File: Why you gotta be so rude.gif (941 KB, 500x248) Image search: [Google]
Why you gotta be so rude.gif
941 KB, 500x248
>>48027757
Why, just because he told his story to make a point? Jeez, I wouldn't wanna play in a game with you either, you sound like you've got a stick up your ass.

Here's a hint, if you don't wanna hear the story, don't read the thread, so fucking simple. No one needs to hear your bitching just because someone shared a story.
>>
File: QYoP2GT.jpg (293 KB, 1497x848) Image search: [Google]
QYoP2GT.jpg
293 KB, 1497x848
>>48027757
Except names are being changed and personal info censored to protect privacy. And yeah I feel the bad taste but i feel like I owe it to ya'll - it was requested multiple times and I as OP defaulted on my responsibility to deliver Nick's sheet.

>>48027730
My fucking sides. +1 internet
>>
>>48027886
What a massive fuckface you are.
>It's in bad taste, but I'ma do it anyway!

Eat shit.
>>
File: HERESY.gif (42 KB, 500x343) Image search: [Google]
HERESY.gif
42 KB, 500x343
>>48027886
True dat.
>>
>>48027903

Nick don't you have a new DnD group to find or soemthing?
>>
File: Brick'd.gif (435 KB, 500x267) Image search: [Google]
Brick'd.gif
435 KB, 500x267
>>48027903
Bad taste results in the funniest jokes.
>>
File: CALM DOWn.jpg (145 KB, 640x580) Image search: [Google]
CALM DOWn.jpg
145 KB, 640x580
>>48027903
You need to chill down bro. Go with the floooow.
>>
>>48026760
great plan until Zach tells his friend Oscar who originally invited him.
>>
>>48027940
>>
>>48027940
>>48027903
Either it's Nick, or terrible bait.

I'm going with Nick because its infinitely funnier to imagine him being butthurt enough to defend himself on an online messaging board, yet too ashamed to actually post with his name.
>>
>>48027961
Actually, in true Gud Guy fashion, he admitted that Oscar is a problem and is glad he is gone.
>>48027940
Fucking owned.
>>
>>48021413
>>48021494
It's also boring as fuck. 3.5 has its issues, but at least it's fun.
>>
File: lol.gif (735 KB, 294x200) Image search: [Google]
lol.gif
735 KB, 294x200
Small update, shit has officially done down in Skype. Not really show-worthy. We are glad we didn't reinvite Stephanie, I gave her the benefit of the doubt but she has displayed her That Guy aptitude by defending Oscar and Nick vehemently. She said that the DM is being unfair. Pic related. I hope it's just her friendship bias and she doesn't actually they they acted in an acceptable manner.

Also, Oscar pulled the "Everyone always persecutes me" card. Why does every That Guy think the world is just out to get them? I've seen a consistent pattern there throughout my 7 years of playing.
>>
>>48021494
In all curiosity, how does 5e encourage roleplaying more so than Pathfinder?
>>
>>48028217
the background section give players (especially newbies) ideas for creating characters and backstories and give ability proficiencies and starting equipment to the characters according to their backgrounds
>>
>>48028461
Not >>48028217 but...
From what I gather what you're saying, limiting players to choosing existing backgrounds provides better rp...

Forgive me if I don't believe you and continue playing the edition I'm enjoying.
>>
>>48028519
No, he's saying that having those elements included in the rulebook and spelled out helps ease people into the game and teaches people that its not just about stacking numbers.
>>
>>48028573
>>48028217

Well in all honesty having pre-presented characters before you, in my opinion, would inhibit deeper and more meaningful roleplay. If you want to have a story that's not in the book, too bad. It could be good for teaching noobs, but I don't think that, overall, it encourages roleplaying any more based on that information. It just encourages powergaming less.
>>
>>48028519
In other words 5e is good for beginners.
And if I'm not it pidgeonholes my roleplaying.
>>
>>48028646
Exactly. I ain't no noob, I don't need to be told what to be and how to be it.
>>
File: 200_s2.gif (49 KB, 354x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s2.gif
49 KB, 354x200
>go downstairs to grab a drink and food
>return to computer
>128 unread Skype messages
>MFW

It begins.
>>
>>48028717
Just kick them and block them with the message that they're awful people and players.
>>
>>48028461
>>48028573
Frankly, I think theres various types of gamers. Some are just destined to power game, that's what they find fun. We see it in casual gamers in video games that just wanna win every time without effort.

They shouldn't join games that are rp heavy, but of course they will and do, mostly because no one wants to run a power gamer exclusive game.
>>
File: fb.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fb.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
TURNS OUT STEPHANIE IS NICK'S WIFE.

WHAT THE FUCK

HOW DID HE GET A WIFE

Also, some fine lad archived this at http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/48020801/ so kudos to you. Likely >>48022099
>>
>>48028807 cont
So they ruin it for everyone else by joining roleplay games and making it all about being too strong to beat.
>>
>>48022305
Those are probably just very old teenagers and not adults.
>>
>>48028807
If they do that they'll just pick a background that gives the most starting bonuses/best starting equip.

To be honest I'm not sold on the idea of giving the characters background mechanical repurcussions.
>>
>>48028809
Tell them an Anon said that Nick should get a vasectomy because we don't want him breeding.
>>
>>48028885
Same on that last bit. If anything just allocate your starting skill points/feats accordingly.
>Street Urchin
Sleight of hand, disguise, sneak
>Military
Climb, Handle Animal, Maybe Knowledge Tactics?

Etc etc. Be creative, don't rely on a book to tell you what your bonuses are.
>>
This just in. The problem has been solved. After taking their arguments to levels of retarded not measurable, they have left after admitting defeat.
Victory Achieved!
>>
>>48028519
>Forgive me if I don't believe you and continue playing the edition I'm enjoying.
Memes aside no one is going to judge you for playing the game you enjoy. Some of the people in my group say that 5e is too limited and pathfinder just gives them more freedom to make characters.
>>
>>48029018
Details Danny, details.
>>
>>48028186
>Why does every That Guy think the world is just out to get them?
Because they consistently encounter difficulties when interacting with others.
The only possibilities are either that they are a victim of a conspiracy against them or that the common factor is themselves and that they are the cause of their own problems.
The choice is obvious.
>>
>GM too nice
>Let's in power gamers and allows all sorts of crazy shit
That was literally me for a while
I only clamped down after realizing that with all the crazy shit that the party's resident power game could do, it was impossible to actually challenge anyone. I fell for the Stormwind fallacy and assumed that because he had a thoroughly written background and a lack of edge he would just take it easy, but he threatened to drop the campaign several times because he didn't like the way other players acted (It was just him) until he finally dropped for good. Never making that mistake again, and will probably just drop 3.PF once the campaign is over to see if the grass is greener on the GURPS side.
>>
>>48029404
The stormwind fallacy states that optimisation doesnt hinder roleplaying.

So the correct application is that there are optimised characters that are played by good roleplayers.
Not that every person who makes an optimised character is a good roleplayer.

There's still gonna be tons of dipshits out there, some of which know every single rule and some which have no clue of the rules, which can be just as annoying.
The proper way to handle it is just to kick out the dipshits, wether they power game or not.
>>
>>48027805
>Like that means shit. It's fucking group drama, it doesn't fucking belong here.
Where do you think you are?
TG loves it some drama.
>>
File: ProceedWithStorytime.gif (472 KB, 226x309) Image search: [Google]
ProceedWithStorytime.gif
472 KB, 226x309
>>48029758
>Where do you think you are?
>TG loves it some drama.
This.
I was considering posting the same sentiment.
>>
File: FE Davion.png (3 KB, 232x140) Image search: [Google]
FE Davion.png
3 KB, 232x140
>>48027834
>>48029758
>>48029911

I'm guessing I should probably throw this shit into a wordpad rq and post it.

Though I feel bad about me censoring the names - I think people deserve to know who not to play with.

Have some more sprite art I made. Also previous pic semi-related, I guess. I made the pic in >>48022996 - it's my character in this game.
>>
>>48029758
That pretty much sums it up. I am not even entirely sure that OP's story is real (Indeed he hasn't posted character sheets or logs or anything, much like many of the other /tg/ stories) but it is solid entertainment, fictional as the stories inside of RPGs or not.
>>
>>48030034
This is absolutely a real story, can confirm, you can trust me, I'm a GM, I never lie.
>>
>>48030034

Can also confirm. Have been cringing at OP's stories about this shit for months now.
>>
>>48020801
I am glad that in the end it all worked out fine.

Godspeed OP, happy gaming.

Hopefully those four will find a way to better themselves...
>>
>>48030326

Same poster. Should mention that this story is sugar coating things.
>>
>>48030365
Sugar coating his side or the others?
>>
>>48030524
I don't know what he's talking about, honestly. Probably the bitch fit they had when kicked.

>>48030034
I mean, if proof is actually necessary for posterity's sake, this is the screenshots of my charsheet for this game.

Huh. Why does her Deity say "None"...she worships Amaterasu. Should fix it.
>>
File: Kaelin Charsheet.png (643 KB, 2000x1800) Image search: [Google]
Kaelin Charsheet.png
643 KB, 2000x1800
>>48030621
Totally forgot to include it. I'm fuckin smart.

inb4 /tg/ rips my character up...here we go
Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.