[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>your monster kills the pc >the player is upset and annoyed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: ClvpdGzVYAE2qeE.jpg (53 KB, 658x370) Image search: [Google]
ClvpdGzVYAE2qeE.jpg
53 KB, 658x370
>your monster kills the pc
>the player is upset and annoyed
>you know as a dm that he has an ability that every member of his race or class have that circumvents this death

Do you let him go "FUCK IM DEAD" or do you go "no jerry use arcane doodleyfuck and dodge the attack"?
>>
>>48016897
It's the player's responsibility to know their own character. If the PC gets killed because the player forgot about an ability, that's on them entirely.
>>
File: 1448802967421.jpg (79 KB, 375x480) Image search: [Google]
1448802967421.jpg
79 KB, 375x480
I'll usually tell them for the sake of keeping the game going.

I'm also the type of DM that will warn the PCs if they're about to do something stupid. They usually go ahead with it anyway and get killed, but at that point it's in their hands.
>>
>>48016897
the right move it to let him die.
Most Dm would just have him bleed for days and recover over months and wow surprise he is not dead (recover done in 0.3 second of IRL time because random elipse)
That's why i only play with people i know. There is no consequences for any actions the player take otherwise.
>>
I ask if they are sure they are dead. I don't straight up tell them, but I give a subtle hint to doublecheck things.
>>
>>48016953
This. I start every game I run by saying that I'm not gonna keep track of every one of their abilities and powers, and if they forget, then oh well. If it causes their death, maybe their next character will remember their Arcane Doodleyfuck.
>>
>>48016897
Is he a newbie to the system or gaming?
If yes-help

Is he a good player (define as you see fit)
If yes-help

Does he play his character so fucking fun that it would be a shame to lose it?
If yes-help

Is the ability clearly documented in the basic players guide?
If no-help
>>
>>48017194
This is my reaction. If my game is on Friday the last thing I want is a pissed player on Sunday.
>>
>>48016897
>>you know as a dm that he has an ability that every member of his race or class have that circumvents this death
Why the fuck would this even happen? Is he playing a lich?
>>
>>48017194

Second. I'll usually let new players slide with this, helping them ease into it.

But eventually the training wheels come off, and >>48016953 takes over unless I can sense that the player's got other shit going on or is otherwise out of it.
>>
As the GM, it's kind of your job to help the players enjoy the game.

So yes.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.