[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cestree and Rage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21
File: CaR1.jpg (159 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
CaR1.jpg
159 KB, 960x540
>>
File: CaR2.jpg (148 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
CaR2.jpg
148 KB, 960x540
>>
File: CaR3.jpg (172 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
CaR3.jpg
172 KB, 960x540
>>
>>48014514
>that blush

Cestree lewd dmpc confirmed
>>
>>48014487
>>48014496
>>48014514
LOL
>>
Doesn't really have the same ring to it that Goofus and Gallant has.
>>
>>48014616
You mean Good Guy Greg and Scumbag Steve?
>>
>dA waifu webcomic
>>
>>48014638
Is that what they're called in Britbongland?
>>
>>48014514

>DMPC looks like a healer or support caster
>Deep blush
>Helps the party however she can
>Is played by a goddamn succubus

If she isn't getting all of her orifices stuffed each session, she's imagining it.
>>
Well I've done all the the Rage ones at least
>>
>>48014496
Eh, if you're playing the right game and good enough at ad-libbing, you can make everything up as you go along and have great games.
>>
>>48014487
>>48014496
>>48014514
But how good are they at GMing?
>>
>>48014920
Yup, and a 50-ton GMPC can be appropriate. Sometimes what you really need to defeat the bad guy is an xboxhueg ally, and your quest is to find one.
>>
>>48014997
I feel like that's a bit more situational though.

The 50-ton GMPC is *a* quest, and the GMPC would, ideally barely appear in it. Maybe for like one session at the end. The ad-libbing and bullshitting your way to victory is a full-time tactic.
>>
>>48014997
And sometimes exactly what a player needs is to hear how stupid their character sounds when read out loud.
>>
>>48015073
I don't know about what the player needed, but I got more enjoyment out of it than I ever would letting them play the character
>>
>>48014789
That's what they're called in memeland.
>>
>>48015227
On /tv/?
>>
>>48014920
>>48014997
>>48015073
Rage confirmed for best GM.
>>
>>48016205
Yeah, certainly seems like Rage is just in it to have a laugh and not set up these magical realms where he can schlick to his submissive fantasies.

Succubus is THAT GIRL incarnate.
>>
>>48016568
She can't help it. It's part of her culture.
>>
>>48016656
>implying an elf could be shocked by lewd things
pic related.
>>
>>48016568
Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.
>>
>>48016568

I don't know about you, but if someone read my character's backstory in a mocking tone, I would just pack up my shit and leave.

I've left games for less and that shit's just unnecessarily douchey.
>>
>>48018167
The only people who get their character's backstory mockingly read are the people who should definitely pack up their shit and leave.

Buh-bye, don't let the door hit you on the ass!
>>
>>48018359

People like you are why most people roll up CN orphan mercenaries.

I wouldn't care if your shitty players didn't infect other games with their bullshit.
>>
>>48017775
That's me and I'm only 33.
>>
>>48018507
you're the shitty player with a retarded backstory.
>>
>>48015443
worse, reddit
>>
>>48018559
The Internet will do that to you m8
>>
>>48018599

No, you're taking the piss out of newbies who likely don't know any better.

Do you think THAT GUYS are really going to give you a backstory that's worth making fun of when all they care about are the stats?
>>
>>48018167
you sound incredibly unpleasant but I'm glad you are a self correcting problem
>>
>>48018668
You seem to be confusing min-maxer's with That Guy's

Not every min-maxer is That Guy and not every That Guy min-maxes.
>>
>>48018668
Newbies with shitty backstories most likely put zero effort into their backstories because they don't give a shit and are just fucking around. In that case, they were never going to be part of the community anyway and will just laugh along with you when you point out how retarded their backstory is.
>>
>>48018698

What sort of joyless sake of shit do you have to be to invite someone to your game just to humiliate them for not writing up a backstory that you find entertaining?

It's not like people don't have shit they'd rather do than sit around a table rolling dice for a few hours every week.
>>
File: 1466063112376.png (287 KB, 1019x799) Image search: [Google]
1466063112376.png
287 KB, 1019x799
>creating a backstory for your character at all
>>
>>48018817
I don't do this but people that can't laugh at themselves and their creations like you are insufferable.
>>
>>48018817
>joyless

You're the one throwing a hissy fit about your fictional character's fictional backstory being mocked and then running from the table crying.

We're gathering around to pretend to be elves and dwarves and shit and you're upset you wrote some etish-filled, melodramatic, ridiculous nonsensical poorly written piece of shit and we think it's funny?

You take yourself too seriously.
>>
>>48018762

So rather than teaching them to be less shit, you'd rather just humiliate them and cause them to either hate the hobby as a whole or become THAT GUY out of spite?

This is how super-villains are made, and lord knows we don't need any more negative connotations associated with the hobby than there already are.
>>
Ribbonfag is unbanned? What a shame.
>>
>>48018866
>lord knows we don't need any more negative connotations associated with the hobby than there already are

You're one of those morons that believed that "tabletop gaming has a white male terrorist problem" aren't you?
>>
>>48018859

There's a difference between light ribbing between pals and having a joke at someone else's expense.

You're basically THAT GUY who makes people angry and then yells "it's just a prank bro" when they decide to beat your ass.
>>
>>48018866
Sure, they can hate the hobby. Do you think I give a shit if the traditional gaming hobby continues after my death? I don't need a whole cult of fucking followers or for the hobby to expand past the niche thing it is. Video games are larger than they've ever been and they're shit and filled with a bunch of faggots.

If someone comes to your table with a MLP character and their backstory has them as the only futa unicorn who was exiled for their deformity do you really want to induct that person into the hobby?
>>
>>48018860

I'm pretty sure if I applied this same attitude to your campaign, you'd be just as butthurt as I am.

But I imagine it'd be different because it's YOUR work that's under scrutiny.
>>
>>48018917
>I don't humiliate people, but you're an overly sensitive prick for getting this up in arms about this
>why do you like humiliating people?!

Do you read things before responding to them or can you not even see the screen anymore, your eyes are so filled with tears?
>>
>>48018907

No, I'm one of those people who doesn't want someone's first experience to come from either the big bang theory or chick tracts.
>>
>>48018945
PROJECTING!

Not fuckin' even friendo. If you think my campaign is fetish-fueled, melodramatic, ridiculous nonsensical and poorly written you can mock it all you want. I mean, if you keep showing up to my table night after night to play with all the others who don't share that opinion eventually I'm going to question if your beliefs are genuine.
>>
>>48018930

If someone's bringing an MLP futa to the table, that honestly says a lot about your circle of friends since you allowed the fucker to show up at the table in the first goddamn place.
>>
>>48018930
>>48018945
You're both shit heads for saying this crap.
>>
>>48018959

I could ask you the same chief.
>>
>>48019020
>le fencesitter

You're soooooooooooo smart for not taking a side.

+1 upboat for you faggot.

>>48019018
Dude, you realize you come to 4chan which has an entire section associated with MLP and another section entirely devoted to futa.

The very we're posting on this website lowers us by a factor of 1 million if we're going with your shitty THAT GUY by proximity logic.
>>
Everytime I see pics from OC I wonder how desperate the artist is for attention.

>Gee I wish more of /tg/ liked my arts, I do all of the themes they like
>II'll start a thread with some OC and get the ball rolling
>Oh please oh please someone ask who the artist is and where to follow them

Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like these characters who's name I refuse to write lest I remember them, are paint by numbers designed to appeal to the sorry demographic that comes here.
>>
>>48018990

You say that but you seem like the type who'd get butthurt when someone points out how the plot for the campaign was basically lifted from some shitty fantasy novel or an anime.
>>
>>48019115
Or, alternatively, they browse /tg/ and enjoy many of the topics so feel like making art of it.
>>
>>48019145
I've legitimately run a straight up Game of Thrones rpg where we just did the plot line of the books with me trying my hardest not to railroad the players so RIP again, dumbass.
>>
>>48019107

Oh, so you're one of those shitty GM's who looks for players in game finder threads and plays exclusively on roll20.
>>
>>48019107
No, I'm the guy waiting for the game to start while a player and the GM argue. While thinking both are shit heads for what they're saying.
>>
>>48019209
Nah, I just game with the lads. I honestly don't get how people can go into the depths of the internet looking for players. Must be desperation.
>>
>>48019170
Hello Ribbon, have you fallen enough to give us some Cestree r34?
>>
>>48019208

Okay, am I supposed to be impressed?

It's fucking easy to run a game when someone more talented than you already mapped out the campaign for you.
>>
>>48019231

If you play with friends then why are you bringing up /mlp/ and futa?

Why are your friends making mlp futa characters?
>>
>>48019273
You're the one who said I was butthurt someone pointed out my game was lifted from a shitty fantasy novel.

I just pointed out my game was lifted from some shitty fantasy novel.

The players knew my campaign was lifted from some shitty fantasy novel.

Not butthurt. Not crying. Not hanging my head in shame and running from the table or my computer. Not becoming a super villain.
>>
>>48014487
In this I am Cestree

>>48014496
In this I am Rage

>>48014514
In this I am Cestree
>>
>>48019301

>What are hypothetical examples?
>>
>>48019231
I found a good group online. Not from here of course and I had to go through a few groups full of autists first but eventually I got a crew that could take a joke and play the game.
>>
>>48019357
Well according to brainiac here >>48019301
the fact that you even ENCOUNTERED an autist says something pretty insulting about you!
>>
>>48019313

So because you and your players have no taste, it's suddenly okay?

Would you feel more comfortable if I made an edgelord who plots and schemes and steals from the other party members since that's the kinda shit you're into apparently?
>>
>>48019421
As long as you're fine with me reading your edgy backstory out loud in front of my friends while they laugh at your shitty character then yeah, go for it breh.
>>
>>48019341

You could've just said "I got nothing" and ended the argument there.
>>
>>48019443

Tell me, how would an edgelord be out of place in a campaign that rips off GoT?
>>
>>48019461
Hey if you're too stupid to know what hypothetical examples are I'm gonna mock you for them.

Try not to cry and give up on the traditional gaming hobby though, I hear that's a common reaction.
>>
>>48019501

Well I think that stems from a misinterpretation of the word edgelord, which is common with memetic terms like this.

Edgelord to me means way too edgy.

Which means an edgelord in GoT would be too edgy even for GoT which allows for some pretty edgy characters.

But if by edgy you mean Petyr Baelish tier, yeah that's fine.
>>
File: frog glance_1.jpg (15 KB, 400x380) Image search: [Google]
frog glance_1.jpg
15 KB, 400x380
>>48019421
>So because you and your players have no taste, it's suddenly okay?

>UR HAVING FUN RONG

It's time to step away from the computer, fampai.
>>
>>48019543
Not him, but is Baelish really that edgy? It's been a while, but from what I reading of him, he's got less edge going on than Artemis Entreri .
>>
>>48019506

You're listing extremes that most likely won't ever crop up unless you yourself hang around undesirables or are such a bitch that you'd allow strangers to join your game just because they're a friend of a friend.

The average GM will most likely never see that shit unless they're dealing with tha/tg/uys in game finder threads.
>>
>>48019566

Hey man, McDonald's is food but I wouldn't recommend it over something like five guy's.
>>
>>48019593
Exactly.

I've also never had to read someone's backstory aloud to the rest of the players because of how cringey it is.

But if the case ever happens I will and you can bitch about it all you want as you slam your door and run back to your car.

>>48019573
He sorta started a war that is ruining Westeros because he couldn't get redhead pussy as a boy and now he has shifted his desires to the daughter of the redhead pussy he wanted in his youth.
>>
File: 122121.png (177 KB, 250x287) Image search: [Google]
122121.png
177 KB, 250x287
>>48019608
>comparing $2 for two 1/3 burgers against a $6/burger minimum shop.

The other anon is right. Take a break.
>>
>>48019645
Huh.
My read on him is more that he just enjoys the politicing and backstabbing too much to let it go by, but ends up feeling very alone from all this.
Dunno if I'd call that edgy. He's not Euron.
>>
>>48019645

The point is, if you have to mockingly read someone's shit out loud so your pee-pee feels a tingle, you've already failed as a GM.

Hell, the players shouldn't even know what the backstory of a character is unless it comes up during game.
>>
>>48019608
Any of you fags gone to Dairy Barn? Unrelated other than I'm hungry and visiting the South.
>>
>>48019655

As someone who does eat McDick's every week, $2 burgers are only worth eating because of the price.

If I could afford a good burger for under $5 every week, you'd best believe I'd eat that instead.
>>
>>48019684
Not even.

Mockingly reading someone's shit out loud is way more friendly than just outright banning them for autism.

It's essentially a second chance. If you watch the other people laughing and laugh along with them at your own stupidity, maybe there's a chance for you.

If you run from the table screaming and crying we've essentially accomplished the same goal as banning you while also getting to enjoy some schaudenfreude.

I've enhanced the results of both outcomes.
>>
>>48019733
>If I could afford a good burger for under $5 every week
Jesus. You can't afford 5 dollars a week to eat out? I'm not even here to laugh at your lack of funds, I'm honestly concerned.

Jesus dude, whatever you're doing you need to reconsider, material things don't bring happiness but if you're forced to accept lesser experiences for something basic like a burger due to money reasons you need to do something about it.

If you're unable to work, try and see if you can apply for proper disability. If you can but won't just do a part time gig for like 20 hours a week, its not enough to pay rent or insurance or anything; but at least you can get nice things for yourself.
>>
/tg/, where people honestly defend a caricature of a bad DM.
>>
>>48019815
Nobody is defending the succubus.
>>
>>48019115

isn't this, like, at least eleven layers of irony
>>
>>48019815
/tg/, where no one reads the threads and the posts don't matter.
>>
>>48019758

>Mockingly reading someone's shit out loud is way more friendly than just outright banning them for autism.

Why not just grow a sack and say "the table's full" or "you're not invited" and avoid the situation entirely?

Just so you can bring up how awesome it felt making some sperg cry who shouldn't have been there in the first place?
>>
>>48019885
>you're not invited
Holy fuck. Do you honestly believe this sort of statement will get a good response? Unless you're trying to piss the guy off, why would you pull this high school girl bullshit?
>>
>>48019885
Because like I said, it gives them a second chance.
>>
>>48019815

We aren't called tha/tg/uys for no reason mate.
>>
File: lelf.png (105 KB, 182x229) Image search: [Google]
lelf.png
105 KB, 182x229
>>48019833
bahaha! switched that on me, didn't you? clever!
>>
>>48019911

>le meme elf post
>>
>>48019838
I think twelve if you include that the artist doesn't even use a name or trip.
>>
>>48019901

So let me get this straight.

Inviting a dude to your house, to your game, and mockingly reading his backstory aloud so that everyone in the room can laugh at how stupid their backstory is, that's a-okay.

But telling someone that they're not invited to your game is taking shit a step too far?

Because really, at least when you tell someone not to come to your game, it's more honest than setting him up to fail for your amusement.
>>
>>48019956

where did these originate anyways?

It feels like an inside joke that some people posted from a thread, or after a discussion, and it got added onto by random people
>>
>>48019969
Hey dude, you should learn how this neat thing called "Anonymity" works. The guy you're replying to is not necessarily the one you've been replying to, so never attempt to address any points that he didn't directly include in his post.
>>
>>48019969

>setting him up to fail

You do realize the GM doesn't plan for you to bring a shitty character and a shitty backstory to the table. He wants and hopes you made something good and you failed him.
>>
>>48019905

If you're trying to redeem them of their bad habits, you take them aside, talk to them in private, and let them know which parts just don't work.

Nobody ever said "man, thank you for inviting me a game so I could get laughed at by people I thought were my friends, I'll be sure to focus less on being an edgelord in future campaigns."
>>
>>48019994
If I have to coddle you then you're part of the problem.
>>
>>48019923
I'm being serious, I just don't have good reaction images.
>>
>>48020011
BAIT

0/10
>>
>>48019815
/tg/ in general will never stop themselves from defending shit, you can create the most blatant hyperbolic example you can think of and people with defend it because they're guilty of the accusation or more likely in the vein of supporting variety.

Basically, you can make a case against something but /tg/ will instead argue against the opposite assuming that is the only alternative.

Too much conservatism in game?
>stop being a liberal cuck

I dislike dwarves
>God I hate elf fags

I don't like having these fetishes in my game
>why are you so prudish and against freedom
>>
File: bait.jpg (38 KB, 360x361) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
38 KB, 360x361
>>48020018
okay.
>>
>>48019991

Bullshit.

"I'm going to mockingly read out your character's backstory so everyone can laugh at how stupid you are" is not something a good GM does when he expects people to come to game with good characters.

He wants them to fail so he has someone to shit on for the group's amusement.
>>
File: 1466481530388.jpg (35 KB, 604x517) Image search: [Google]
1466481530388.jpg
35 KB, 604x517
>>48020018
I can fill in for him.
>>
>>48019329

My person of some mix of Eurasian and African lineage.
>>
>>48020029
Instead we should all agree and stop posting because there's nothing to fucking say other than argue. Look, if this thread had a topic I could understand what you're trying to get at. But it was three random shitty panels from a shitty comic. What do you want? Should we stat the GMs?

>>48020049
I can expect you to come to my table with something actually good and then try to salvage a bad situation by at least making fun of somebody retarded for, yes you guessed it, the group's amusement.

If you can realize why we're laughing at you and make a change then you've potentially earned a ticket off of Autism Isolation Island.
>>
>>48020005

Don't act like you're doing it for their benefit when you aren't even willing to teach them the proper lessons constructively.
>>
>>48019655
They're $1.29 here, the bastards.
>>
>>48014556
She's a succubus playing a healer; of course she's thinking lewd things.
>>
>>48020077
I'm not your dad. I'm not you teacher. I'm not your tabletop roleplaying game guide. I have no obligation to help the newbie. Laughing at your character takes ten seconds.

having a deep conversation to keep somebody most likely autistic as fuck and cringey as all hell by "reforming" them enough to be only moderately cringey is not worth the effort.
>>
>>48019233
>they support the author so they must be the same person! XDD

Cute. If I could draw I would, believe me you.
>>
>>48020070

>I can expect you to come to my table with something actually good and then try to salvage a bad situation by at least making fun of somebody retarded for, yes you guessed it, the group's amusement.

Usually, the backstory of a character is something that's only done between the player and the GM.

Why are you reading it aloud for the group's amusement when they wouldn't even know about it if you didn't say anything?
>>
>>48020106
yeah we can tell from your comic that you can't draw, ribbon
>>
>>48020130
Because you wrote it on the back of the character sheet and what I saw horrified and sickened me when I asked you to hand it over to check out your fort save.
>>
>>48020102

>having a deep conversation to keep somebody most likely autistic as fuck and cringey as all hell by "reforming" them enough to be only moderately cringey is not worth the effort.

Well maybe not to assholes like you who gets off to other people's misery.

For most people, seeing someone improve their behavior is always a great feeling.
>>
>>48020130
>Why are you reading it aloud for the group's amusement when they wouldn't even know about it if you didn't say anything?

Oh they'll find out about it real fast if its one one of those special snowflake backgrounds that are deserving of such mockery
>>
>>48020201
You say that like those sorts of people actually change after a deep conversation instead of just getting bitter and indignant that you had anything but praise for their amazing writing skills
>>
>>48020157

Why are you interrupting game just to tell people how much my backstory sucks?

Why do I even have to give you my character sheet in the first place just for a fort save?
>>
>>48020201
The chance of the person improving at all is already close to zero.

>>48020243
Because you fudged that as well. Which is justified by your shitty backstory.
>>
>>48020226

Yes friend, because mocking them is the preferred options that won't cause these feelings.

Dumbass.
>>
>>48020260

Why do you think I fudged the roll?

Because I passed a bullshit high check that you only used to railroad us to the next questline?
>>
>>48020291
I don't give a shit you fudged the roll.

I give as shit that you tried to justify a level 1 character had a +25 to his fort save. Or should I even say his. Xer? Xim? And that part about what you did to your five year old sister is fucking sick and disgusting. I think I'm gonna have to call the cops.
>>
ITT: shitty players throwing a fit over public humiliation.
>>
>>48020102

You're right.

People should really stop trying to reform you.
>>
>>48020322

So because I passed a bullshit high DC and derailed your campaign, you had to snatch my character sheet away?

Get over yourself, the game was shit anyways.
>>
>>48020322
That would be hilarious, and I'll be sure to record the assbeating the cops give you for wasting their fucking time.

Hope you lubed up, I heard they really like using their nightsticks, bitchboy.
>>
>>48020372

ITT: shitty people justifying shitty behavior.
>>
>>48020394
Thanks for repeating my post?
>>
>>48020267
if they're drama queens like yourself they'll leave which is improves the game far more quickly
>>
>>48020392
See, you even turn THIS argument into one of your fetishy fucking fantasies. This is why we make fun of you, Greg.

>>48020381
>implying this conversation has any depth at all

>>48020381
WAAAAAAAAAH. I'm sorry the campaign was meant to start in a fucking prison cell. Sue me you faggot.
>>
>>48020392
I dunno what eastern european hellhole you live in (or have deluded yourself into thinking you live in,) but in the civilized world the cops just give you a fine for wasting their time.
>>
>>48020433
Then start it in the fucking cell, you autist, don't leave it up to a roll then throw a bitchfit when someone passes.
>>
>>48020429

Oh my naive son.
>>
>>48020460
Don't argue with me then when you say you would have known the guard was sneaking up on you because of your oh so mysterious backstory.
>>
>>48020433

If your game was derailed because of a roll then it was shit to begin with mate.

I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>48020488
So, you first tried to auto-hit without anyone getting a perception roll, and THEN cried like a bleeding cunt when someone passed the fort?

Holy shit, you really are a dogshit DM.
>>
>>48020488

>No perception check
>Spergs out because someone passed a Fort save

Man, you're garbage at running a game.
>>
>>48020498
>>48020506
>>48020523

>implying I don't roll the perception check behind the screen
>>
>>48018866
> This is how super-villains are made,

Nah, mate, that's more along the lines of being massively successful and manipulative, and seeing that success as justification of whatever you had to do to get there which turns into ultimate moral justification for whatever you do because you're more competent than the plebs, otherwise THEY would be the rich and successful ones.

Running away crying because someone made fun of your character is how school shooters and minimum wage workers are made.

I mean, they're both sociopaths, but only one has the capacity to be a super villain.

Thinking that you would be the super villain in this situation is just a power/revenge fantasy.
>>
>>48020547

It was hyperbole.
>>
>>48020539
And yet you just threw a fucking fit about it, because the game was 'meant to start in a cell' after the game started.

So you were clearly fiating failures.

Yeah, not helping your case, you rancid sack of dogshit.
>>
>>48020539

Write a novel you sperg!
>>
>>48020547
You're talking a person that prides themselves over leaving games in a huff. Of course they're filled to the brim with power and revenge fantasies.
>>
>>48020576
I try to be nice.

I try to give you all a prologue scene where you establish your characters.

Then comes the endless bitching because how dare I railroad you. Newsflash, level ten guards aren't going to fuckup taking in a level one prisoner. There is no fiat here.
>>
>>48020569
Sorry, I'm just shitposting along with everyone else.

I need more practice at it I guess. I just want to be part of the group.
>>
How come so many stories on /tg/ have magical realm or ERP shit in them? Even when it's not the focus of the story. I feel like every story someone shares of one of their campaigns includes a remark about a quest or character in the party that was designed around or ended up being all about whatever weird fetish the person in control was into. People are totally cool with this? Is this actually not common and other stories just tend to be full of mundane shit not worth mentioning?

I haven't actually played much tabletop myself, as I am a recluse in the middle of the woods.
>>
>>48018866
I have a strong feeling you're just getting trolled at this point.
>>
>>48020613

>Newsflash, level ten guards aren't going to fuckup taking in a level one prisoner.

Yet that's exactly what happened.

Oops.
>>
>>48018881
Why was he banned?
>>
>>48020623
pretty sure this is an issue exclusive to /tg/ because its brimming with sexual frustration and degeneracy
>>
>>48020651

THEY DIDNT!

35 sneak check

you had a plus 12 to your perception.

You literally got caught you insufferable faggot
>>
>>48020670

Of course I got caught when you fiat me into a jail cell.
>>
>>48020692
>hurr durr

Sorry they didnt pull their punches. Cry moar
>>
>>48020705

Please, you could've thrown children at the party and they'd somehow manage to take us down because the plot needed us in prison for it to work.

Doesn't matter how believable that is, the party is stuck in a cell because the plot needed to happen and player agency would've gotten in the way.
>>
File: Bodhisattva.jpg (496 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bodhisattva.jpg
496 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>48020762
If I had thrown children at your character I'd be afraid you were masturbating under the table you sicko
>>
>>48020656
Nazimod.
But that was years ago, and it was less ribbonfag getting specifically banned, but everyone getting routinely handed out bans back then for anything that didn't fit the nazimod's strict regime. So ribbonfag said goodbye, alongside a lot of other artists and writers, because nazimod really had made /tg/ an unfun place to be.
>>
File: Ribbonfag Character Portraits.jpg (2 MB, 1740x2460) Image search: [Google]
Ribbonfag Character Portraits.jpg
2 MB, 1740x2460
>>48021052
Oh, that. I thought he got banned again.
>>
>>48020070
>I can expect you to come to my table with something actually good and then try to salvage a bad situation by at least making fun of somebody retarded for, yes you guessed it, the group's amusement.

I think if a GM did that to another player I would feel sick. I've watched GM's bully players quite a few times, and it's awful.

Something about a person abusing a position of power, especially one where they're virtually omnipotent when it comes to the game itself, makes me nauseous.
>>
>>48014496
But Rage is right.
>>
File: 1241314932909.jpg (32 KB, 410x396) Image search: [Google]
1241314932909.jpg
32 KB, 410x396
>ITT: Why you should never play games with /tg/
>>
>>48023182

People who say this are generally lazy shits who don't give a fuck about their games.

There's nothing necessarily wrong with that but it tends to lead to THAT GM's who either go off the cuff and lack consistency or railroad you so that you're forced to ride along the rails.
>>
>>48020623
In the past ten games I was in, I recall one instance of GM fetish and one instance of player fetish (not the same game) taking scenetime.
>>
>>48023522
This

>The faggot who leaves because his character sucks
>The shitty railroading GM
>The "I'm smarter than you and I know everything faggot"
>>
>>48023522
dubs of truth
I remember my first game in high school where my group laughed at me because I wanted to play a Female elf healer
>>
>>48018167
I fucking hate faggots like you
Just let us laugh at you because we have nothing better in our lives
>>
>>48023777
Can you put on a trip? I think I want to generally avoid you and your opinions.
>>
>>48023777

Why should I give a fuck about your happiness at my expense?
>>
>>48023797
fuck you
you're the asshole in the group who leaves for fucking petty reasons and makes the game less enjoyable because there are less players
I have to set up a nice game where I am expecting company and then I invite you to my home only for you to leave because of something so small.
Fuck you and grow some balls
>>
>>48023830
This so much.
Why do people expect that we should care what they think when it is them who is coming to us for our GM service.
We provide a nice fun game to relax not a daycare center where we hold your hand
>>
>>48023697

>The shitty group who have nothing better to do than to shit on newbies.
>The shitty GM who steals your sheet when you make a will save.

Not to mention this asshole >>48023777

Yeah, I think it's best to blacklist /tg/ as a whole just to be safe.
>>
>>48023832
I actually think games with small groups work better than larger ones, with four people being ideal.

But, aside from that, there are certain lines you can and cannot cross, different degrees of permissions that need to be respected and understood. Among close friends, banter and mockery is not amiss, but it only works if all parties present recognize just how far the mocking can go, and as long as it's all done in good spirits.

You can't really force someone to accept your mockery, since you first need to convince them that it's good-natured. If you can't do that, it's more your fault than theirs if they take offense, because you made a poor gamble without the requisite skill to back your stakes.
>>
>>48023832
>>48023846

>It's just a prank bro

Fuck off!

How about next time you try not being an asshole.
>>
>>48023832
Kill yourself. If you're going to be a shit, you deserve to not have fun.
>>
>>48023971

You're the one crying about how players should just sit there and take it when you act like an asshole.

Sorry, but people have better things to do than take it on the chin for 4 hours a week by some power tripping faggot who goes out of his way to shit on people who just wanted to hang out and roll some dice.

How about YOU start being reasonable and just, I dunno, stop being an asshole?
>>
>>48023971
>leaving because you got your feelings hurt is selfish
Nigger, it's a game, not a fucking volunteer fire brigade. No one has a responsibility to put up with your bullshit just so you can have fun at their expense.
>>
>>48023958
I actually deserve the most to have fun in my group because I'm THE GM.
I'm the one setting up a SERVICE by inviting them to MY HOME where they can then play in a world that I SET UP around their characters.
So if they come in here acting like crybabies then they can cry home to their moms because they give NOTHING while I give EVERYTHING so they can have fun
>>
>>48024031
You're a salty triggered autist whining about people leaving because you're being a worthless asshole.

No, fuck you. You don't deserve jack shit.
>>
>>48024031

No game is better than a shit game nigga.

Nobody is obligated to put up with your bullshit, especially in an age where .pdf's are free and easily distributed.

Plus, your game is probably shit anyways.
>>
>>48023971
>If you can't be a reasonable person and just laugh it off,maybe you should just stop coming to these meetups then

You need to convince them it's funny first. Being reasonable means respecting other people enough to learn their boundaries and to understand their sense of humor before insulting them.

It's selfish to mock someone for your own entertainment at their expense, and if that person leaves, it's the fault of the offender, rather than the offended.

Really though, this is kindergarten knowledge.
>>
>that point in the THREAD where someone gets so UPSET that they START capitalizing words to MAKE their upsettedness known
>>
File: 49030889_p0_master1200 (1).jpg (83 KB, 599x600) Image search: [Google]
49030889_p0_master1200 (1).jpg
83 KB, 599x600
>>48023971

I think this whole thing depends on context.

If a player is being continuously savaged and mocked to the point of discomfort, then I'd say they're completely justified in up and leaving.

On the other hand, someone who takes themselves so seriously that one little good natured joke causes them to fly into a rage, flip the table, and storm out, then yeah I'd say that person is at fault.
>>
>>48023971
>>48024031
Man, you must be one of the shittiest GMs in the world. Why you don't go have fun with your grou- Oh right, they don't exist. Because you're the so autistic you scared all of them away.

Let me tell you something, you have some serious issues. You see yourself all high and might, that everyone should bow down and take your dick, that your whole work is holy. But you're just mentally retarded and socially inept. Your brain doesn't ticks right and your are simply scummy of the lowest level.

How far are you going to need to go down that road until you see how horrible you've become?

Just stop, please. Stop and rethink your whole life, you're acting like a manchild.
>>
ITT: Reasons why /tg/ never has players.
>>
File: 1394472140636.jpg (81 KB, 540x529) Image search: [Google]
1394472140636.jpg
81 KB, 540x529
>>48020153

>that burn
>>
>>48024088

Both situations fall down to knowing how far to take a joke before it goes too far for someone.

Which for the autistic is hard because they cannot emphasize or understand other people's feelings.

See: this thread.
>>
>>48024054
>You're a salty triggered autist
Shitty player detected
>>48024055
>Plus, your game is probably shit anyways
You don't know that you've never played my setting.In fact it's probably leagues above any game you've managed to scrap together.
>>48024061
>selfish to mock someone for your own entertainment at their expense,
not if it's for the GROUP so you are the real selfish one because it makes everyone else laugh so it's ok.
>>48024088
>someone who takes themselves so seriously that one little good natured joke causes them to fly into a rage,
You understand unlike these bufoons
>>48024091
OH BOY HERE'S THE MAN ON THE INTERNET WHO THINKS HE'S A PSYCHOLOGIST

All of you guys are probably shitty players.Players are always the same expecting everything so they can have fun but not realizing that maybe the GM wants to have fun too and that's why there are rules and ways the game is meant to be played out.No, it is not railroading and no we can't forgo the rules because of the coolness factor.
>>
>>48024170
Bitchnigga detected. Seriously, whine more, faggot.

5 people instantly told you, that you were a sack of salty shit. Maybe you should take heed.
>>
>>48014487
Rage is superior as a person compared to Cestree.

He might be a smug asshole, but he is an intelligent smug asshole. He is both aware enough to recognize his flaws and self-confident enough to ignore their existence.

Like, sure, Cestree is nice, kind and pure waifu with giant titties, but Rage is overall a more fun person. And that's all I ask for.

I don't want another bland waifu. I want someone I can have fun with.
Someone who is actually a person, no matter how much of an asshole he is.
>>
>>48016205
It doesn't really say anything about the content or structure of their games though.
>>
>>48024170

I can tell your game is shit because you're spending more time shitting on people than actually running it.

Usually that's a sign of a GM who either doesn't have anything planned or wastes time with OOC bullshit when all people want to do is sit down and roll some dice.
>>
>>48024197
It doesn't really matter since they're part of some of the most painfully unfunny OC on /tg
>>
>>48024170
Nigga, what the fuck are you even talking at this point? You're babbling about how a game should be played and how there are rules... for mocking the players?

Also, I'd like to point out, GM's who wants to force (his view of) RAW is a sure sign of a shitty GM that can't think outside the box. They are not the 10 holy commandments, they are guide-lines.

Are you here, complaining and starting shit, because nobody wants to play with you anymore?
>>
>>48024279
You still exist?
>>
>>48024197

What part of his personality makes him a "fun person" though?

Because "fun" would be the last thing I think of if a GM inserted his min-maxed GMPC or derailed campaign just to laugh at someone OOC.
>>
>>48024197

I think you mean superior as a character.

Realistically, the "nice" person will always be more fun to hang around with IRL. Since they're (by definition) much more easy going and open, and thus a lot easier to have a good time with.
>>
>>48024307
He's someone you could shoot the shit with, what the fuck would one do together with Cestree? Stare at her tits all day long?
>>
>>48024313
Nope, superior as a person.

Cestree doesn't really have anything to talk about with. At least, I can have rivalry with an asshole, trying to one-up him as we poke fun at each other.
Cestree is just a bland girl that can be stringed along into whatever you want. She doesn't have personality, or at least, less than Rage does.

This guy >>48024328 gets it.
>>
>>48024328

As someone who knows someone like Rage IRL, he'd only shoot the shit until you disagree with him in some way.

Then he'd spend most of the conversation telling you how stupid you are for disagreeing with him and won't back until he thinks he's won.

By contrast, Cestree would probably be much easier to talk to since she'd be open-minded enough to listen to what you have to say.
>>
>>48024404
>Then he'd spend most of the conversation telling you how stupid you are for disagreeing with him and won't back until he thinks he's won.
A lot of assholes I know realize that you can "agree to disagree". They will still say that you're stupid and will always try to challenge your opinion, but at least they respect you having said opinion.
>>
>>48024197
>self-confident enough to ignore their existence.

That's not a good trait to have.

Cestree also seems to genuinely care about people and wants to run the best games she can for them. I think that's really all a GM needs to start, because even if they're not good at running games yet, they have the motivation to get better.
>>
>>48024374

Again, realistically, if someone was "kind and pure" irl, then you could talk with them about pretty much anything, and they'd always be willing to listen to you, think about what you say, respond, and further the discussion, out of empathy and respect.

Where as the "fun asshole" would only enjoy talking about things he's interested in, and would ignore all of your interests. It would quickly get boring listening to him go on and on about his own shit.

This is not something that comes through with caricatures though.
>>
>>48024442
Aren't you just making a lot of assumptions about all the fun assholes out there? And why would I want to sit around talking about my interests with some airhead? So what if they're open if they've got nothing interesting to say.
>>
File: 1461325511157.gif (3 MB, 452x512) Image search: [Google]
1461325511157.gif
3 MB, 452x512
>>48024328
>Stare at her tits all day long?
...yes?
>>
>>48024427

The thing is, even if they say "agree to disagree," they'll just end up getting more and more aggressive until you just end the conversation and give it to them.

Or at least, that's my experience with assholes like that.
>>
>>48024518
Alright, you got me.
>>
>>48019501
Ramsey Bolton.
>>
>>48024502

Because a good conversation requires you to know how to speak and how to listen.

If you take a "fun asshole" out of his element, he'll usually just sulk or try to steer the conversation back to familiar territory.
>>
>>48024502

The use of the word "asshole" implies a large amount of selfishness to me, which *never* makes for a fun person to be around.

>Aren't you just making a lot of assumptions about all the fun assholes out there?

Aren't you making a lot of assumptions about people who aren't assholes? What makes them an airhead? How do you know they have nothing to say?

Like I said, these sorts of things don't come across in 3 page caricatures.
>>
>>48024555
Yeah, but what does it matter if they listen if they've got nothing worthwhile to say about it? Nothing wrong with kind people, but fuck hanging out with people who're kind but dull.
>>
>>48024170
I'm a GM and a player.
If I meet a player/GM and one of the first thing he do before/during the game is mock me with a smirk, somebody will get punched.

I get you're a social autist, but you don't mock people you just met unless you want to get punched. This shit does not fly in any social situations, it won't fly too in tabletop.

Talk shit, get hit.
>>
>>48024522
In my experience, simply saying "Why the fuck are we even arguing about this, if neither of us will change his opinion" is enough to shut both of us up.
I guess you got the short stick in the lot - an obstinate asshole.

>>48024518
There are only three things I can stare at all day - infomercials, complex mechanisms in action and how food is made - titties aren't one of those things.
>>
>>48024597
Enjoy getting hauled in by the cops.

The other guy's an asshole, but you're a violent autist. Fuck's sake.
>>
>>48024588

>Yeah, but what does it matter if they listen if they've got nothing worthwhile to say about it?

The basics of a good conversation is building rapport, which becomes easier if you ask the right questions to get people to talk more and more about something they have an interest in.

A "fun asshole" won't give a fuck so they'll just try to work the conversation to themselves so that they can continue talking, which is boring as fuck if you just don't give a fuck and would rather talk about something else.
>>
>>48024613
>getting hauled by the cops because you punched someone once

Don't break his fucking jaw. It's a "you went too far" punch, not a "I will fucking kill you" punch.
The cost of the trial and lawyer will be more than the fine you will get and, meaning that it will never happen.
>>
>>48024597
>punching somebody over a smirk
>thinking that's normal behavior
>calling others autistic
>>
>>48024613

Provoking someone can be considered assault in some cases.

Plus, you're going to call the cops just because someone slapped your shit?
>>
>>48024641
Your conversations sound like the most boring shit. Don't want any part of that shit, I want to be out doing shit, talking about the shit we're doing, and talking shit in between.
>>
>>48024659
Explained myself badly.
Not "mock me with a smirk" but "mock me and smirked while doing it"

Like, a GM reading my bacsktory in a mocking tone and a big smirk on his face.

I'm sorry if your only reaction when someone is very disrespectful is to bend over and "just leave"
I call it being a pussy.
>>
>>48024663
I'm not the asshole, so I wouldn't get slapped.

I would, how ever, call the cops on the autist chimping out because someone upset him. Holy fucking shit, attacking someone because you feel insulted isn't fucking acceptable.

I don't want to play with the asshole. But I don't want me, or anyone I care about near the violent autist.
>>
>>48024674

All vastly easier with non-assholes.

Non-assholes tend to be a lot more intelligent and less shallow overall (since they think about things other than themselves), so the responses you'd get while talking would very likely be more thoughtful and interesting as well.
>>
>>48024674

Nobody wants to listen to some asshole talk about themselves for an hour straight about something that only they care about while all you can do is nod and grunt in approval.

If they did then people wouldn't skip out on lectures.
>>
>>48024711

>"Hello 911? This guy just punched me, like, realy hard, can you send someone over to arrest them?"
>"Sir, this line is for emergencies only."

And then you get fined for wasting their time.
>>
>>48024711
>I never slapped someone in my life
Mate, you can't have a thoughtful conversation with everyone. Sometimes a good slap is necessary.
>>
>>48024692
I call punching someone over some insignificant shit like that and thinking it's normal being an oversensitive retard.
>>
>>48024722
You seem to equate behaving like an asshole at times with being a narcissist. Don't do that, it's incorrect.
>>
>>48014487
Get these ancient memes for grandpa outta here.
>>
>>48024739
>I have no balls
It shows
>>
>>48024736
>911? A man just violently attacked someone over words.

Funny, if you don't strawman it, it actually sounds as bad as it is.

>>48024737
The actual fuck is wrong with you.
>>
>>48024766
>I'm a nigger
It shows, chimp.
>>
>>48024755

We may just have different definitions of the word. Because terms like that are what immediately comes to mind when I think of words like "asshole", "douche", etc.
>>
>>48024755

Assholes tend to either be narcissists or diplay narcissistic tendencies.
>>
>>48024794
The actual fuck is wrong with you, mate

You never had someone tring to mug you? You never had someone in a bar trying to start shit and pissing on you? You never had someone who step all over you because you don't react?

There is plenty of people like that. Try to say "it's mean, please stop" will just make them laugh.

And yes, if you call 911 because someone punched/slapped you once, they will tell you it's for emergency.
>>
>>48024766
Dogg, you're a little bitch who trows a fit over literally nothing. Call it masculinity all you want, but there's nothing big about lashing out at minor provocations.
>>48024814
>>48024816
Well, if "asshole" literally means "narcissist" to you, then we're arguing over nothing, because nobody was saying that narcissists are fun to hang out with. Still though, does Rage come off as a narcissist to you?
>>
File: 179.png (237 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
179.png
237 KB, 500x363
RIBBON IS PURE!

PURREEEEEE!
>>
>>48024845
This is none of that, you fucking street trash.

This is your feefees getting hurt over fucking D&D, and you feeling it's acceptable to fucking assault someone over it. You goddamn nigger.
>>
>>48024794

How about not being a bitch and settling it like a man without getting the law involved?

Besides, the operator will tell you that it's an emergency unless someone's actually being beaten to death in the background.
>>
>>48024845
>equating a mugging with mocking a PnP character
Goalposts officially BTFO.
>>
>>48024856
>Still though, does Rage come off as a narcissist to you?

His DMPC weighs fifty tons.
>>
>>48024856

>Still though, does Rage come off as a narcissist to you?

Yes.

A textbook example.
>>
>>48024883
Look, you chimped out once. How the fuck do I not know you won't suddenly sperg out and try and kill someone?

And this is being a man, nigger. It's me not putting me or mine at risk against street trash that thinks it's alright to attack someone over being a jackass.
>>
>>48024890
I'm not moving the goalpoats, I'm at loss because someone never ever slapped someone in their life and act like a beta bitch who faint at the slighest violence

>>48024874
So, you agree then? You can slap someone? Or you just can't, because it makes you faint?

TIps: Don't insult someone if you can't take the heat. Be a respectful person, and nobody will touch your hair.
>>
>>48024845
>And yes, if you call 911 because someone punched/slapped you once, they will tell you it's for emergency.
Where I live (USA), if someone calls 911 to report an assault, they take down your name and send an officer over to see what's going on.

I can't imagine what kind of Mad Max hellscape you live in where calling the police to report an assault is a "waste of their time".
>>
>>48024902
Time to re-read that textbook.
>>
>>48024924
>You hit someone once!
>That means you will kill someone!

Yeah beta bitch, and you lied about the last cookie you ate, how do I know if you're not a con-man searched by interpol?
>>
>>48024926
Or don't be a fucking nigger, you goddamn animal. Holy fucking shit.
>>
>>48024937
Nigger, you hauled off and decked someone because they said something you don't like. Not aggressive, they were just being a jackass.

You are clearly not fucking stable, and I don't know what else you might do.
>>
>>48024926
>I'm not moving the goalposts
Did you just use "beta" unironically? Anyway, we were talking about punching someone mocking your character, not slapping someone who's mugging you. That's called moving the goalposts.
>>
>The autistic GM who thinks being an asshole is ok
>The autist who thinks violence over a tabletop game is acceptable

What the fuck /tg/? I mean what the fuck.
>>
>>48024929
>assault

Seriously? Why you gotta be a bitch?
>>
>>48024968
Follow the conversation, I responded to a specific post.

>>48024950
>>48024965
Yeah okay, I get the problem. You sperged out, called someone a nigger, you thougt it was fine, and you got hit.
It's okay to cry, the mean nigger is gone now. Maybe next time don't be a little racist dick and everything will be fine.
>>
>>48024978
Seriously? Why you gotta be nigger street trash?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.