[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. RPG talk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8
File: 1460064503888.jpg (322 KB, 698x976) Image search: [Google]
1460064503888.jpg
322 KB, 698x976
Anyone ever play the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. RPG?

It looks like fun, but I have no real experience with it and parts of it sound confusing.

Anyone got a link to a DL for the core book?
>>
I actually bought a copy and still haven't played.

The game is based more on the book and movie with only accidental leakage from the games. As a matter of fact is far more infinity more lethality.
>>
>>48013471
That's good, that's what I want. I LOVE the games, but the book and movie hold a special place in my heart as well.
>>
File: 1467050071274.jpg (17 KB, 332x395) Image search: [Google]
1467050071274.jpg
17 KB, 332x395
>>48013471
Do yyou know anything about the diceless system thavyou can elaborate on?
>>
>>48013779
GM decides difficulty of challenge. 5 is easy and 25 really difficult.
Player describes and roleplays his plan. GM rates plan and roleplay between 1-5 and multiplies the result, if it beats difficulty, player won that challenge. Add 1 to both ratings if player has appropriate skill.
>>
>>48014019
For example
Player has found a locked door made of iron. Challenge 15 sounds appropriate to me.

>I kick it open
I would give 1 for idea and 1 for roleplay. Resulting into total of 1, no success. Could even result in some damage to character.

>My character curses the situation and thinks for a short moment, then he tries to take a look if any key is hidden nearby. He looks under rugs and inside of nearby jars in desperate hope of finding it.
I would give 2 for plan (desperate but might work) and 2 or even 3 for roleplay. Total is 4 or 6, which is not enough, unless GM had decided to hide a key nearby of course.

>My character curses as he discovers that door won't open. After a little moment of thinking he knows exactly what to do. He looks at his companion intoneyes and orders her to "look around for a crowbar!.." adding a little "...please...", crowbar is used if door is just stuck. He himself starts to lockpick the door with his tools and skills, listening closely to the little ticks and clacks that lock might give, cursing every now and then.
I would give outright 5 for plan (involves other players, contains plan b and has correct tools for job) and 4 for roleplay (almost like listening to prose and somewhat tells about the character). Because Player has lockpicking skill, 1 would be added to both so it would be 6 for plan and 5 for rp. Total would be 30, which is more than enough to get the door open.

Some skills are necessary for character to even try that task (flying helicopter), others of course succeed automatically (open door).

High enough failure can be considered as a part success.

It is recommended to keep bar high enough so that players will most often get ratings from 2 to 3.

System needs lots of experience from GM and players and is not recommended for beginners. Of course it has good examples and guidelines about how to rate Player actions and set challenge levels (and lots of other stuff too).
>>
File: mask.jpg (664 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
mask.jpg
664 KB, 1600x1200
>>48014570
thanks for the explanation. I have never even heard of a diceless system , though I am fairly new to RP.I did read roadside picnic and loved it , that is what really sparks my interest in this table top.
>>
File: 1437618408151.jpg (76 KB, 1200x864) Image search: [Google]
1437618408151.jpg
76 KB, 1200x864
>>48013331
>Burger Games
>they're finnish
>>
File: 1455971963204.jpg (137 KB, 950x834) Image search: [Google]
1455971963204.jpg
137 KB, 950x834
>>48013331
Never played a STALKER system.
Used to play a 50-70 player freeform though. It was great.

If you like multi-haircoloured lesbians and people not knowing what alcoholism is
>>
Wasn't there a TG made STALKER game, I can't seem to find it though.
>>
>>48019373
>TG
>>
File: key_panel_12.jpg (217 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
key_panel_12.jpg
217 KB, 1200x600
>>48019436
>>48019373
>>
>>48019308
This is based on the book (which in turn inspired the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. vidya franchise), which, while written by Russian pair of brothers, is located in Canada. The RPG is heavily based on an original French Zone and other zones (like the one in the book and the one in the movie) have only short descriptions. In general the game has a focus of getting stuff from real life and using them as props and inspiration. Google maps for maps and real news as campaign leads, maybe altered a little.
>>
File: 1459973601966.jpg (259 KB, 1280x796) Image search: [Google]
1459973601966.jpg
259 KB, 1280x796
sounds like a lot of fun, anyone got a megashare?
>>
>>48014570
Interesting.

Sounds like you need experience like you mention but innovative and encourages role play
>>
MEME MAGIC

http://www.wsj.com/articles/lure-of-amber-pits-ukraines-illegal-miners-against-state-1464998300

>Companies that want to mine legally have to chase signatures from a legion of government officials, including the prime minister, a process that can take years. So swarms of miners without permits work on sprawling sites known as klondikes, using modified car motors to blast water into the ground and force amber to the surface. The work churns up the land and leaves behind a sandy, lunar landscape.

>The miners accuse the police of colluding in a protection racket with prosecutors, politicians and gangsters. Kiev has beefed up law enforcement here with veterans of the conflict in the east, armed with automatic rifles and manning checkpoints at the entrance to a large amber-mining zone. The miners say the police often halt the work of miners that refuse to pay bribes, while leaving alone those that pay to work.

>The miners made a killing. Buyers, including Chinese and Arab traders, flocked to Klesiv, a town of some 5,000 with potholed roads and crumbling facades where stores sell ammunition, waterproof boots and camouflage outfits favored by miners on the klondikes. Some miners bought fancy SUVs; others upgraded their homes with modern extensions and fishing ponds.

http://en.censor.net.ua/photo_news/391659/amber_conflict_in_zhytomyr_region_nine_people_apprehended_three_more_hospitalized_following_firefight

http://en.censor.net.ua/video_news/382235/trust_me_guys_youll_not_get_out_of_here_alive_clash_with_gunfire_between_police_and_amber_diggers_in
>>
>>48014570
This sounds, great. I'm probably gonna give it a try next session, thanks!
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.