[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/5eg/ D&D 5th Edition General - Aarakocra Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50
File: EE_Races_Aarakocra_Portrait.png (719 KB, 489x834) Image search: [Google]
EE_Races_Aarakocra_Portrait.png
719 KB, 489x834
>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v3:
https://mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

>Pastebin with homebrew list, resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>June 2016 Survey
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/june-2016-dd-survey

Look at those big beautiful talons! Perfect for grappling, wouldn't you say?
>>
>>48011242
This general is broken. Can we get a new one?
>>
File: 5e_MM_Frog.png (401 KB, 564x636) Image search: [Google]
5e_MM_Frog.png
401 KB, 564x636
Anyone ever taken a frog familiar?
>>
I'm thinking of playing a Lawful Evil character, don't really have much of an idea beyond that. Possibly considering trying out a Minotaur or Warforged, any ideas where I could go from there?

I'm usually just a Chaotic Neutral shitter, but I thought I might give LE a try since the friend that invited me to the game's playing LE, and the party is currently on a pirate ship.
>>
File: 1447402880992.jpg (1 MB, 2963x4192) Image search: [Google]
1447402880992.jpg
1 MB, 2963x4192
>>48011242
Maybe if they were somehow grappling and flying, but they can't do that because of the weight restrictions aarococks have when flying. Otherwise I would say they would have to be prone, which since we are in DM fiat land anyway, means that they would have disadvantage on athletics checks to grapple non-prone targets, and they would have to remain prone for the duration of the grapple. You could also only crawl, which is half speed, and grappling is half again.

Congratulations, you just essentially just knocked yourself prone and grappled yourself.
>>
>>48011343
I don't get why the general is so assblasted by the idea of an Aarakocra grappling with its talons?

>>48011079
>If you're able to make multiple attacks with the Attack action, this attack replaces one of them
It would be pretty silly to rule that they can't use their talons to grapple. That's literally exactly what talons evolved to do.
>>
>>48011341
Most of the alignment charts say lawful evil is all about order, but remember evil can be described as unwilling to put others before themselves. So just be selfish and really try to follow the rules, unless they get in your way.
>>
>>48011341
Lawful evil characters are fun and tend to be the best at getting shit done. I love playing Sith Lord style warlocks and end up as the partyface/badcop. I also got a halfling trafficking syndicate off the ground.
>>
Anyone have a good list of random encounters that aren't just straight up 'fight these dudes'?
>>
File: 5e_MM_Aarakocra_Statblock.png (2 MB, 825x1950) Image search: [Google]
5e_MM_Aarakocra_Statblock.png
2 MB, 825x1950
Why didn't EE aarakocra get their MM Dive Attack?
>>
>>48011242
Your thread image looks like the embodiment of 'Murica and FREEDOM.
>>
>>48011403
Every lawful evil character I made was basically just a Sith in a non Star Wars setting. It's just too easy/fun. Because they aren't violent retards they could easily be tailored to fit most parties.
>>
>>48011417
>>
File: 1461142715503.png (1 MB, 1600x1375) Image search: [Google]
1461142715503.png
1 MB, 1600x1375
>>48011341
Have a personal code of conduct that you follow, whether it's something internalized or held by a group you're in.
Have that code not be limited by morality for those outside of the organization's interests.
Act accordingly.

Slaver? Brutal mercenary? Killer bound to a faithful leader? Indulger in atrocious recreation? Servant to an evil god? Someone masquerading as Lawful Good, and taking advantage of the appearance when others observe, but doing whatever's convenient when you can get away with it? There's a lot of variations.
>>
So my goliath barbarian just hit 30 strength, what fun shit can I do with this?
>>
>>48011517
Carry the party on your back, figuratively and literally.
>>
File: aarakocra.jpg (365 KB, 960x855) Image search: [Google]
aarakocra.jpg
365 KB, 960x855
>>48011444
>>
How do I play artificer? the rules are somewhat short and vague about them. are they even good?
making my own shit and bombs does sound fun but I have no idea where to begin
>>
>>48011517
>player character
>30 Strength
How and for what reason?
>>
>>48011597
just passed 99k past 20.
>>
>>48011475
This is awesome, thank you.
>>
>>48011590
Unfortunately it's not like that, you make magical items like spell scrolls and potions. I bet there are good parts to it but whenever I read through if it's just disappointed. If you want to make bombs I bet there is homebrew you can go to.
>>
Is the Circle of the Deathbloom homebrew WotC sanctioned? AL legal?

Are there other homebrews that are sanctioned?
>>
>>48011674
No, it is not AL legal. It's not really sanctioned either, just shown off by Wizards so they don't have to put out as much UA stuff.

And oh boy, this Monday is another showcase UA, meaning no new 5e content for like six weeks.
>>
>>48011648
I'm pretty sure they could "make" armors somehow at higher levels, dont have the pdf right now so can't check.But I was thinking grapping the alchemist-feat-or-whaterver it was for bombs.

but yes the part about them is disappointing
>>
If I want to be a battlefield engineering type, a dude who makes things like grenades and traps and gadgets, what race or class would I want to be?
>>
File: Capture.png (433 KB, 760x556) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
433 KB, 760x556
>>48011648
I was pretty disappointed with the UA Artificer too so I've started working on a homebrew myself. I'll be able to test it by having my players face it eventually.
>>
>>48011648
Middle finger of vecna's alchemist or that one anon's machinist could work
>>
Bards seem too good. Is this just me? I feel like having magic, skills, and nonmagical combat ability when everyone else gets one or two is way too strong
>>
>>48011719
got link to the machinist?
>>
>>48011748
They're considered by many to be the best class in 5e.

They're not "too" good, but they are good at a lot of things.
>>
>>48011709
Rock Gnomes are known to be tinkerers, rogues have fast hands which lets them use items on bonus action, Guild Artisan can have you take a tool proficiency such as tinkerer supplies. I guess that is the perfect class. Make sure whatever you pick it has a high intelligence. Not highest but high.
>>
>>48011709
Conjuration Wizard
>>
>>48011748
It's not that they are amazing at some things, it's just they are good at all the things. They can do melee, ranged, support, damage, probably even summoner if you really wanted to. Imagine a fighter has a 10/10 in melee, a ranger had 10/10, a Wizard has 10/10 in damage, and a cleric has 10/10 in healing.

Bards would be 5-7/10 in ALL of those aspects. They don't replace the class but they are strong.
>>
>>48011749
I don't have it on my phone, but I'll post it when I get home
>>
>>48011748
They are pretty much the best class in the game. They are not perfect but they are great at buffing, debuffing, utility, healing, and even have a few solid damaging combat spells. Combining that with the potential to be beefy and their solid access to any skills they want and half proficiency in all other skills make them a grand boon to any party.
>>
File: 5e_PHB_Spells_Longstrider.png (15 KB, 495x361) Image search: [Google]
5e_PHB_Spells_Longstrider.png
15 KB, 495x361
>Epic Boon of Speed
>increase your base speed by 30 feet

>spellcasters have had a third of this epic boon since level 1
MARTIALS BTFO
>>
>>48011517
Throw the biggest boulder you can lift at an enemy, for 1d4+10 damage
>>
How would you go about making a homebrew of the Arcane Duelist from Dungeon World? It seems like a Battlemaster that adds magic to attacks instead of martial techniques, but I can see how it would work as a monk archetype.

also I want to tick off the DW proselytiser
>>
>>48011930
Why cast this when you have access to much better spells? Like sleep, magic missile, shield, and so on.
>>
>>48011966
>a Battlemaster that adds magic to attacks instead of martial techniques
eldritch knight
>>
>>48011930
> A temporary third is as good as the full ability permanently
> Having +2 proficiency mod is as good as +6, honest!
>>
>>48011966
The DW poster is Virt. He doesn't *actually* like Dungeon World, or any tabletops, because he doesn't play them. He just shitposts about them because he's the saddest sack of human shit on the planet.
>>
>>48012011
>because he doesn't play them.
actually some anon posted some hilarious stories about gaming with virt a while back.
i don't have them saved but they were pretty funny, true or not.
>>
>>48011977
It doesn't cast spells distinct from weapon attacks. EK is cast or attack, and later cast + one attack. Arcane Duelist is more like Greenflame Blade/Booming Blade, but add-on effects to attacks instead of spells. 4e bladesinger had something similar in its attacks.
>>
>>48011954
Standard rules:
>Carry capacity = 2*(15lbs*30) = 2*(450lbs) = 900lbs
>Push/Drag/Lift = 2*(900lbs) = 1,800 lbs
He can throw a 1,800lb boulder for 1d4+10 damage

Encumbrance Variant:
>Encumbrance Threshold = 150lbs
>Heavy Encumbrance Threshold = 300 lbs
He can throw a 150lb boulder for 1d4+10 damage
>>
>>48011995
What are you bringing up proficiency for, pathetic little martiallet?
>>
>>48012098
Why not ask the DM to use giant boulder rules?
>>
>>48012270
Details?
>>
>>48011889
>great boon

More often than not, at least with skills, it feels like stepping on toes.
>>
>>48012132
You do realise that all classes use proficiency right? All casters spell save dc and spell attacks use proficiency.
>>
>>48012315
Look at giants on the MM, one of their actions is grabbing a boulder and throwing it

Failing that, there are rulesfor improvising damage, a small rock would do 1d4+str, but a big rock would do 1 to 2 d10
>>
>>48012450
What's your point? Casters and martials have the same proficiency progression.
>>
>>48012376
How so? If you mean you feel like your stealing someone else's spotlight, you could always choose to assist them on the check instead of rolling one yourself.
>>
>>48012315
Asking them to use common sense that a huge boulder will do more damage than a club.
>>
>>48012505
But that's against the rules.
>>
>>48012471
Building on this, hill Giants are Huge creatures and their boulders do 3d10 damage, damage for a medium-sized creature throwing a proportionately sized boulder would be 1d10 because of size rules
>>
>>48012560
:^)
>>
>>48011797
>the item disappears when you use this feature again
>the items disappears when it takes damage
>make 1 bomb
>throw it, thus it takes damage
>disappears, doing nothing
>>
File: 5e_PHB_Falling.png (338 KB, 642x243) Image search: [Google]
5e_PHB_Falling.png
338 KB, 642x243
>>48012705
Don't be dumb
>>
>>48011889
>potential to be beefy
A cleric with heavy armor or at least an extra ability to temporarily boost their defense can be beefy. Bards have D8 hit dice, plenty of ability scores vying for attention, no better than medium armor. Bards are stringy.
>>
>>48012705
Damage is inherently flawed. There is no true quantifiable "damage" in reality. There is only a change in the state, composition, shape, etc of matter or energy. A fire does not damage wood, but rather exerts a chemical reaction and change in it.

Therefor, nothing is ever damaged, since damage as a concept is flawed. My bomb explodes perfectly fine, and my character shrugs off all attacks.
>>
>>48011930
Longstrider can be cast on others. Hell, Longstrider can be cast on everybody.
>>
>>48012562
30 strength barbarian should be able to life a huge sized boulder
>>
>>48012091
So refluff the superiority dice. Or rejigger them slightly to account for elemental damage types.
>>
>>48012810
Dude, stop trying to break the game with your bullshit rule-breaking.
>>
>>48012823
what?
30 strength isn't even attainable by any means
>>
>>48012830
R E A D
E
A
D

T H E
H
E

B O O K
O
O
K
>>
>>48012810
From 20 and up I would allow a large, if you're a goliath barb with ovee 20 str or bear totem I would allow a huge one
>>
File: Arcane Duelist.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Arcane Duelist.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>48011966
Here. Probably overpowered, but Dungeon World doesn't care about balance either.
>>
>>48012870
Notice how it mentions 21-30 attributes become /unlocked/ at Level 20, not are /magically acquired/?

Without using Tomes / Manuals to further supplement your scores, it would take approximately 19 more levels to reach a base attribute of 30.
>>
>>48011496
>LG continuously associating with evil shitheads because they want to exploit the "I'm only responsible for MY OWN actions" loophole
>NG murdering law-abiding guards
What the fuck.
I wouldn't want either of those cunts on my team even if the rest of the party wasn't full of dickweasels.
>>
File: 5e_DMG_Epic-Boons_Intro.png (560 KB, 632x529) Image search: [Google]
5e_DMG_Epic-Boons_Intro.png
560 KB, 632x529
>>48013111
No, just 99,000 more experience points.

R E A D
E
A
D

T H E
H
E

B O O K
O
O
K

N I G G E R
I
G
G
E
R
>>
>>48011889
Bards never should have gotten an archetype that gives them two attacks.
>>
>>48013183
99,000 more experience points is - quite literally - enough for /three/ Epic Boons.

What is (30-20)/2? I'll give a hint: Not 3.
>>
>>48011797
Unless the rest of your campaign is full of similarly zany shit, only the worst DM would let Minor Conjuration summon functioning bombs.
>>
>>48013206
A Barbarian only needs 3 Epic Boons to hit 30 STR.

Are you even capable of reading books?
>>
>>48013206
Barbarian capstone.
>>
>>48013206
Barbarian capstone boosts Strength (and Con) by 4, up to a max of 24.
>>
>>48013111
>Matt Mercer sold a player a tome for 1350 gold
>then sold a player a level 4 scroll for 2000 gold

Being a Wizard is suffering.
>>
>>48013206

I L L I T E R A T E
L
L O S ER
I
T O O H A R D T O R E A D
E
R E A D - Y O U C A N ' T
A
T
E
>>
>>48012830
Aside from the epic boon rules you didn't know about a level 20 barbarian that read a manual of strength could still have 26 which is enough to justify about as much bullshit, and there's also that hammer/belt/gauntlet magic item combo that can give just about anyone 30 strength
>>
>>48011475
How good is the Faster Combat book? Combat always takes a really long time in my sessions and I'd love to speed it along. Is it worth looking for?
>>
>>48013309
>get keen mind
>be conjurer wizard
>ask to take a look at the scroll
>leave
>conjure scroll and copy at your leisure
>>
>>48013386
>use passive initiative
>use monster and npc average damage

Just those two things almost halve the time combat takes
>>
>>48013429
I just can't decide if I hate passive initiative or not
>>
>>48013482
It works for me, though missing out on the iconic "roll initiative!" Is a bit of a bummer sometime
>>
>>48013528
In theory you could just have the enemies always take ten, which would save some time, but I kind of like the extreme luck cases you can get when everyone is rolling
>>
What do you guys think about the Counterspell system in 5e? It seems like it should be fine, but my DM says it leads to retarded situations and pretty much replaced it by readying dispel magic to do the same thing. Is this reasonable or is he kinda retarded?
>>
>>48013595

sounds kinda retarded.
>>
>>48013595
Leaning toward option B there

Not only because readying dispel magic takes an action while counterspell is just a reaction but because that's a blatant case of arbitrary bratty DMing

Personally I think there aren't nearly enough counterspell options in the game. Mage slayer should include a clause stating that if the attack hits the caster needs to make a concentration check or lose the spell
>>
>>48013595
I don't think there's much wrong with it. Counterspell is just a reaction spell instead of however the fuck it worked in 3.5 (I vaguely remember it on par with grappling and turning undead), and someone could potentially counterspell your counterspell if they haven't used a reaction themselves, but that's about as crazy as it gets from what I remember

What was his problem specifically?
>>
>>48013684
It's probably not so terrible that there aren't a lot of "anti-mage" options considering that there aren't a lot of mages in the monster manual
>>
>>48013595
He is retarded. Remind him that NPCs can use it too if he gets in a huff.

That being said, I don't like how the person doing the counterspelling always loses the counter war (Wizard 1 casts a fireball, Wizard 2 casts counterspell, Wizard 1 casts counterspell on the counterspell, now neither of them can do anything else because they each just get one reaction). It favors non-players heavily (since players are the only ones that are going to live long enough to worry about using up all those slots) so I can kind of see why it exists. Just rubs me the wrong way.
>>
>>48013769
I don't think you can cast a spell while casting a spell unless that spell is a cantrip by the spell casting rules.
>>
>>48013816
You would be correct, if counterspell was an action or bonus action.

It is neither.
>>
>>48013695
>What was his problem specifically?
He said he thought the whole counterspell system led to weird interactions (I presume he means counterspelling counterspells) so he said that if a PC or NPC wants to negate a spell, they have to ready their action. For instance, if a bard wants to counterspell an enemy wizard, he would on his turn declare "I ready dispell magic when the wizard starts casting" and negate the spell that way.

It hasn't been an issue in game, but he wants to rule on it before the situation comes up. For me at least, I didn't even think about counterspells in 5e, since Pathfinder's system was so convoluted I pretended that it didn't exist.
>>
>>48013948
Counterspell is a 3rd-level spell that you can learn.

Considering 5e's limits on spells known or prepared and on spell slots, it's not a problem and your DM is dumb. An enemy spends a resource for X effect, you spend a resource to negate that, and he can spend a resource to negate that, and that's the end unless there's another counterspell-capable person in the group. It's also completely restrained by the action economy, so it doesn't get that far out of hand.
>>
I think I either have too many players or just a couple powergamers. I feel like they're having too easy of a time and I worry that if I just throw more enemies at them they'll die too easily.

Here's the party:
Human Arcane Trickster Rogue
Human Swashbuckler Rogue
Dragonborn Draconic Sorcerer
Tiefling Circle of the Moon Druid
Half-Elf Tome Warlock
Human Beast Master Ranger

They're all level 5 now and will be 6 by the middle of next session and I'm running Curse of Strahd. I made the mistake of allowing Feats at level 4 and the only one who really took me up on that was the ranger who has sharpshooter. He's the power gamer, aiming for anything he can to grow more powerful which normally isn't a big deal but he seems to almost always hit both of those sharpshooter shots averaging nearly 40 damage a turn. Personally annoys me a bit because I was nice and gave him a slightly boosted HP wolf for RP's sake trying to fix the perceived weakness of the beastmaster archetype but now he doesn't ever even use his wolf because he's afraid of it dying.

What is a clever way to increase difficulty of combat that wont break the feeling of the setting in Curse of Strahd? They loved before when it felt more dangerous but it's seemed to lost it's edge. I'm a new DM so I don't wanna overdo it but I and my players want that fear that comes from dangerous combat.
>>
>>48013989
Don't worry, I learned how the interaction worked after it was brought up (wouldn't want to just post about stuff I have no clue about). I honestly like the idea of using it as a way to force the enemy to burn resources to counter your counter. If anything, it'll drain the enemy's magical 'gas tank' faster and maybe give martials an opening when they run out of spells.

I'll talk to the DM about it.
>>
>>48013994
>encouraging sharpshooter
That's where you fucked up.
>>
>>48013994
If he was a powergamer he wouldn't be playing a ranger, let alone a beast master.

My advice as someone who DMs: don't worry about it that much. The party succeeding is a good thing, and 5th level is a huge power jump regardless of Sharpshooter. Allowing feats per the normal rules is a good thing and your players appreciate it.

Also keep in mind that there are more than a few creatures in Barovia that will cut that damage in half (vampires, hags, not to mention werewolves that will take no damage if those arrows aren't magic or silvered), and that you're playing with a larger-than-normal group so you should try be rebalancing things anyway. Check out http://kobold.club/fight/#/encounter-builder for easy encounter-building based on party level and size.
>>
>>48014044
Well, an enemy that's used their counterspell can't use their reaction on anything else. Like an OA. Or Shield.
>>
>>48014045
I immediately regretted it.

>>48014058
He's a powergamer who doesn't read well. A longtime friend, who would have jumped to play something more broken if he had a chance, but luckily he didn't bother doing research.

Yeah, I want them to succeed but the majority of the group does prefer the combat to be tougher. Thanks for the advice. I didn't really think about the damage resistance. I will still re-balance like you said for the group's size.
>>
>>48014125
>He's a powergamer who doesn't read well.
It's endemic, really. Maybe they just get overly excited and have to stop reading partway.
>>
I bring you the Blue Mage /5eg/
http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/Syl4dkg8
if anybody can be fucked to read it, tel me any balance concerns. It is understandably hard to balance.

also how the fuck do i download pdfs from this homebrewery?
>>
>>48014125
Typically its really hard to land those sharpshooter shots, although as far as I know most things in curse of strahd have abysmal AC. Try giving a couple of creatures in a standard encounter better armor to wear (zombies bloated into their splint mail or the like). Of course this could just be luck, and he will get fucked hard later.
>>
>>48013769
You can't use reactions on your turn
>>
>>48014138
Yeah, he was losing his mind when he read through more of the book. The kind of person who just gravitates on whatever is broken. I guess he thought "I can stay at range and have a pet attack! Totally broken!"

Speaking of, how do you as a DM counter someone who will just stay ranged. I know, it's not like a competition of me vs him but aside from including some casters targeting him, I guess I just don't have enough experience. And I don't want it to seem like I'm trying to focus on killing him or anything, it just feels unfair to the other players who are always at risk (and they've voiced this to me personally)

>>48014171
I thought that'd be the way...maybe he's just getting really lucky but it doesn't seem to be a problem for him so far. The idea of the AC boost is a good one, because you're right, CoS enemies have stupid low AC a lot of the time.
>>
>>48014170
>also how the fuck do i download pdfs from this homebrewery?
You don't exactly, you print to pdf format. Be sure to enable printing backgrounds.
>>
>>48014213
You can. Look it up negro. You get a new reaction at the beginning of your turn. It is usually just very unlikely that anything will trigger one of the few ways to use a reaction on your turn.
>>
>>48014215
The easiest way to deal with ranged PCs, without specific monsters, is with terrain. Set up choke points and areas of cover. The ranged PC can cleverly use those things, so they can feel like you aren't going out of your way to screw them, but you also have ways for NPCs to stay out of line of sight or even ambush the ranged PC if he isn't attentive.
>>
>>48013390
Pretty sure a DM would never allow that. The idea of copying a scroll is that magic is involved. It's not just writing shit down. If it was, there'd be no reason to ever find/buy spell scrolls, as someone surely has a never-ending collection somewhere. Say, like, the wizard school you supposedly went to. In fact, why don't they just give everyone spellbooks with every spell known in them...
>>
>>48012870
>you can get it after level 20!
30 strength isn't even attainable by any means
>>
>>48014307
The original poster was talking about his 20th-level barbarian.
>>
>>48014307
It says how to RIGHT THERE
>>
>>48014307
It's in the DMG for advancement after 20th level.
>>
>>48014213
>Certain special abilities, spells, and situations allow you to take a special action called a reaction. A reaction is an instant response to a trigger of some kind, which
can occur on your turn or on someone else's. The opportunity attack, described later in this chapter, is the most common type of reaction. When you take a reaction, you can't take another one until the start of your next turn If the reaction interrupts another creature's turn, that creature can continue its turn right after the reaction.

>A reaction is an instant response to a trigger of some kind, which can occur on your turn or on someone else's

>A reaction is an instant response to a trigger of some kind, which can occur on your turn

Holy fuck, do you always have to run into a conversation to say something retarded or does someone pay you to do it.
>>
Are there druid options other than Land or Moon?
>>
>>48014377
Not official ones, no.
>>
>>48014307
Read 5 Tomes of Gainful Exercise. Be a level 20 Barbarian and read 3 Tomes of Gainful Exercise. Have your DM give you 30 STR because he can because he's the DM.
>>
>>48014377
Not in anything official. There's some free ones from the DMs guild.
>>
>>48013210
Sounds like you're the worst DM here.
>>
>>48014404
>>48014413

Thanks for the info y'all.
>>
>>48014434
I think a couple on dmsguild were recommended by wotc
>>
>>48014434
>>48014441
Yeah, found it. Three of them.
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/may-dungeon-masters-guild-review
>>
File: blue_mage__by_endling.jpg (450 KB, 890x797) Image search: [Google]
blue_mage__by_endling.jpg
450 KB, 890x797
>>48014218
>>48014170
Ah, thanks
>>
>>48014170
Not crazy about it, the way you learn spells is kinda wonky

Here's an idea, and feel free to ignore it if you want, but this is what I was thinking of using for my blue mage HB:

Whenever you are hit with a spell that requires a spell slot and uses an attack roll or causes you to make a save, you may spend a number of sorcery points equal to twice the spell's level in order to learn it
Likewise if you are hit by a creature with an ability that causes you to make a save (such as a dragon's breath weapon) you may spend a number of sorcery points equal to the creature's CR in order to learn it
You may learn a maximum number of spells or abilities this way equal to your sorcerer level divided by 4 (minimum 1)

In order to use non-spell creature abilities learned this way you must spend a number of sorcery points equal to however many it took to learn
>>
File: Blue_Mage_FFXI_Art.jpg (311 KB, 832x1032) Image search: [Google]
Blue_Mage_FFXI_Art.jpg
311 KB, 832x1032
>>48014170
reading through it, looks hard to balance tho.
>>
>>48014265
Duly noted, that's what I get for assuming

>>48014302
It's one of the only few ways in which keen mind is useful, you don't really need to conjure it even, you can justcopy from memory

Of course, it will still take the requisite time and money to scribe, but at least you can be a kind of "spellthief"

>>48014345
Well yeah, I made a mistake, no need to get all spergy anon, jeez
>>
>>48013994
Just throw some enemies with high AC at them. Sharpshooter works by trading accuracy for damage. He'd have to get really really lucky against high AC enemies to keep that damage up.

Also, if he picked beast master ranger I can assure you he is not a power gamer of any kind. It's one of the worst archetypes, as demonstrated by how he isn't even using it.
>>
Hey /tg/ i have my first DM session tomorrow im a bit apptehensive: one of my players will play a druid and wants to go Moon @2.

He's not a minmaxer but im a bit scared he will wreak the encounter balance and make it boring for everyone.

I plan on using a Dryad for one of them, and try to charm him in combat. I'd like to keep this trick for session2 though for surprise effect.

In the meanwhile, what can i do to make the brown bear tamer, less problematic, without it feeling too cheap? I do know that it's a temporary power spike, but it's still a problem early on.

Thanks!
>>
>>48014307
EXPLICITLY STATED MEANS TO ACQUIRE 30 STRENGTH IN THE POST YOU REPLIED TO

N I G G E R
I
G
G
E
R

G E T
E
T

O U T
U
T

LEARN TO READ
E
A
R
N
>>
>>48014170
Should blue mage be an archetype for monk or sorcerer? I would imagine they'd either be a wizard with an extra method of learning by getting beat up, a bard since they traditionally had red mage tier fighting ability or they'd be their own class. Either way without getting really specific on what exactly a "monster ability" could entail or an encyclopedic monster manual knowledge it's hard to really pin down just how good or bad it would be

Also another problem with "blue mage" is that I think for a lot of people they think the book of erotic fantasy instead of final fantasy
>>
>>48014637
Moon druid's power is a bit overhyped. They're strong at low level but turn into punching bags later on as their forms don't scale up enough to deal with higher CR enemies.

Use hard or deadly encounters on the exp budget. You can use less combats and less short rests per day to compensate for the increased exp everyone will get.
>>
>>48014637
Two options:

1. enemies are scared of the bear so they avoid him or fight him at range, or

2. enemies are huge bad-asses and focus on the bear, beating the druid into submission.
>>
File: Ffta-h-bluemage.jpg (23 KB, 291x492) Image search: [Google]
Ffta-h-bluemage.jpg
23 KB, 291x492
>>48014674
I think a couple of these problems are kind of impossible to fix due to the nature the blue mage.
For the other class shenanigans i guess i could eventually make a blue mage sub class for both wizard and bard too.

or even eventually its own class.
>>
>>48014674
Also for what constitutes as a monster ability, at the moment i have it ruled as anything under the "actions" in the MM. Perhaps should make a note of that somewhere.
>>
>>48014674
It works better as a sorcerer I think. But besides that, I think you should lean away from the system of ability learning you have there, and instead use it as a guideline for learning a specific list of monster abilities. Leaving it as a free for all is asking for trouble.
>>
>>48014797
Yea i kind of agree. That just sounds like a shit ton of work to try and figure out a list of monster abilities. I will get to it one day.
>>
>>48014637
stop worrying about it
>>
>>48011420
>>48011420
Answer please
>>
>>48014674
I think Monk might work better for a way to represent their physical abilities, though you could also put it under sorcerer and just make their features give better defenses, extra attacks, and weapon proficiencies.

>>48014727
>>48014795

I think a possible solution might be this: Let the Blue mage temporarily 'transform' into monster's he's seen for his turn. Limit it by CR like the Druid. Then, he can use abilities of that monster on his turn.

So, for example, bonus action to turn into a Wyrmling, then his action to use dragonbreath, then to change back at the end of the turn. Except instead of being fluffed as actually transforming, he just stays the same and uses the ability.

It would likely need to cost spell slots to use anything from the monster profile though, or perhaps spell slots could be used for each instance of 'transforming'.
>>
Hey, guys. New DM here.
How does the balance of sorcerer vs. wizard change as the characters level up? Sorcerers get worse, or the utility of being able to cast anything never falls off?
>>
>>48015425
Wizards are generally stronger overall, but the difference ultimately isn't that meaningful.
>>
>>48015425
Overall they stay on par with each other. Wizards are much more versatile with their spells and rituals, but sorcerers have metamagics and sorcerer points that make them very effective with their smaller list of spells.
>>
File: 1453239916308.jpg (133 KB, 601x850) Image search: [Google]
1453239916308.jpg
133 KB, 601x850
>>48015425
wizards strength is knowing the most spells of any class, and having a huge ritual list as well as the largest spell list of any class.
sorcerers know few spells but can cast them "better" than anyone else through metamagic.
they're just different. ultimately wizards have a slight edge overall i think at high levels because they get wish and a lot more high level spells known than any other class, but sorcerers are still plenty powerful and get some weird abilities and the ability to cast spells in ways a wizard can't through metamagic.
i wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>48015677
Sorcerers can also get Wish, so high-level sorcs and wizards are both functionally immortal.
>>
>>48015425
Wizards are generally more versatile overall, but sorcerers are better at blasting and have weird metamagic tricks.

Sorcerers tend to make better specialists, but Wizards are better generalists.
>>
>due to other players flaking out my Pact of Blade GOOlock is the current frontline fighter
Any suggestions to beef up my defenses so I don't have to chug through health potions like a hillbilly through mt dew? I've already been forced to use all but one just keeping my squishier party members alive and I'm not sure the DM is going to be as generous about handing them out now that we aren't level 1 (2 of the players are new so he was in training wheels mode)
>>
>>48015697
>Sorcerers can also get Wish, so high-level sorcs and wizards are both functionally immortal.
oh can they? my bad.
either way wizard gets some goodies sorcerer doesn't.
>>
>>48015719

armor of agathys and vampiric touch

make your squishies cast buffs on you
>>
>>48015425
Wizards have more spells, sorcerers have better spells. Sorcerers are basically worse though, since they can only really outshine the wizard at damage output and a wizard who isn't dicking around with his spell selection isn't hurting for damage anyways.
I personally prefer the sorcerer, however, because I think the wizard getting 44 free spell picks along with potential for in-game learning (something no other class gets as a default option) is disgusting.
>>
Does anyone play Wild Magic Sorcerers or Dragon pretty much the default choice?

How do you gms handle wild magic events?

Do you roll for every spell cast or only when the casting roll comes up as a one?
>>
File: PjMeNU7.jpg (519 KB, 2000x1523) Image search: [Google]
PjMeNU7.jpg
519 KB, 2000x1523
>>48015846
>Sorcerers are basically worse though, since they can only really outshine the wizard at damage output
well don't forget they can out range the wizard, give targets of their spells disadvantage on saving throws, make their spells last twice as long, cast spells faster than wizards, twin their spells, and do it all without anyone knowing it was them casting the spell.
i mean disadvantage on saves is huge, twinned spells are crazy. the rest is icing on the cake but it could be really useful icing. and distant spell also lets you cast touch spells at range which can be useful.
>>
>>48015846
The metamagic can help a sorcerer catch up to the wizard spell slots by conversion of points and whatnot, but I do think Wizards still outshine due to the sheer versatility of their spells.
>>
>>48015848
Wild magic require DM fiat to work properly. When talking about char op wankery (which is really all anybody does on the internet) you can't really mention them at all because of that.

With a DM that lets you use wild magic on every cast or something, they can be very good. Since you can't assume that however, nobody talks about it except to say how stupid someone is for choosing it, and how a rogue fireball killed their whole party.
>>
File: 5e_MM_Equipment_2.png (1 MB, 688x2220) Image search: [Google]
5e_MM_Equipment_2.png
1 MB, 688x2220
>>
>>48015906

I played a red dragon sorcerer with elemental adept recently and being able to reroll damage, treat 1s as 2s, ignore resistance, AND add your charisma to damage made me massively out damage everyone in the party, even when I just used firebolt and bonfire. I could clear rooms with burning hands and fireball.

Playing a wizard after that would just make me sad, they do pitiful damage in comparison.
>>
>>48016038
Enjoy fighting fire elementals :^)
>>
>>48016038

Wizards could do the exact same thing by going School of Evocation and taking the Elemental Adept feat. Additionally, they wouldn't have to stick to one element and could maximize the damage on a level 5 or lower spell. They'd also have ritual casting and much more flexibility.
>>
>>48016038
>play a red dragon sorcerer with elemental adept
>so he throws enemies at us that are immune to fire instead of resistant
Fucking GMs.
>>48016131
Noticed someone beat me to the punch as I typed that.
>>
>>48016179
That's why I pick up Chromatic Orb, at least you won't be completely useless when the DM decides to through out immunities.
>>
>>48016131
>>48016179

I had ray of frost and magic missile but yeah, I would be at a pretty bad disadvantage.

Only time that really happened though is when we fought like 20 magmins, and even then no one else in the party could really do anything either.
>>
>>48015848
Storm Sorcerers are pretty good too, though just because some abilities work in a short range doesn't mean you should try to be in melee range. They're pretty solid at later levels without having as much single element dependence as draconic.
>>
File: 1466374297726.jpg (49 KB, 449x700) Image search: [Google]
1466374297726.jpg
49 KB, 449x700
Not related to any concurrent discussion but I figure that out of all the generals this one is probably the most receptive to newbies.

Got my first play group and everyone is brainstorming character ideas for their first session. I'm having trouble imagining an interesting motivation for a halfling to leave their home and adventure and I don't want to settle for another race. They're going to be a Sorcerer if that helps. Any input?
>>
Anyone here got the files/pdfs/etc. for the homebrewed Dark Souls and Bloodborne stuff?
>>
>>48016415
What kind of sorcerer? If Wild Magic, maybe they had an incident and are cast out of the village and are searching for a way to control their powers? If draconic they could be trying to search for more information about their ancestry. They could also just be curious wanderers rather than outcasts.
>>
File: Dark Souls.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>48016417
>>
>>48016415
Typical halfling motivations revolve around curiosity, friends, and food. Maybe you met someone who came through your halfling village and his/her stories motivated you to go out on the adventuring trail with him/her, or maybe you want to go searching to meet that person again. Maybe you want to kill exotic animals and eat them to see what they taste like.
>>
>>48016415
They're going on a journey to try and trace their sourcerous ancestry
>>
Any advice on how to play a LG paladin without being a stick in the mud or Lawful Stupid?
>>
>>48016448
Cool, thanks!
>>
Why do people not understand Warlocks can get the tome invocation at 5th level?

Stop building a level 3 Tomelock with Book of Ancient secrets.
>>
>>48016557
Give them a more concrete goal than simply holding up an ideal, preferably having to do with your Oath. If you're doing an Oath of the Ancients give their meaning to you in your background. Have an Oath of Vengeance be against certain perpetrators or one in particular. Just don't fall into the trap that your character has to impose their will onto others without purpose, like how the Rogue feels the need to be a dickass thief from their group. Just as they should channel their dickass thief impulses to the benefit of the group should you channel your devotion and stalwart nature for the good of the group.
>>
>>48016601
What are you talking about?
>>
File: Character creation list.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Character creation list.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
>>48016601
The only prereq for book of ancient secrets is the pact. Why wouldn't you get the invocation as soon as you could? 3 free cantrips and 2 free level one rituals are way more useful than permanent mage armor or whatever.
>>
>>48011289

Never a frog, but I've taken a goat. I was channeling my inner Granny Weatherwax
>>
>>48016193
Chromatic Orb is terrible, though. It does nothing on a miss, its damage is poor compared even to cantrips, and damage immunity is rare enough that you really only need one other damage type as a backup. Compare to Magic Missile: always hits, can be split up, and so few creatures resist force damage that you don't have to worry about them
>>
Would you have a race of lion-headed barbarians available as a player race, or keep it as NPCs?
>>
>>48017008
Why should they be kept as NPCs? Do they have powers far beyond what should be given to a PC class?
>>
>>48017008
We're gonna need more details besides "lion headed", fluff and crunch.
>>
Help me out with the brainstorming /tg/

I wanna play a kitsune-esque type of character, but I hate both furries and weebs.

What's a respectable equivalent for a standard setting? I suppose I could research into a satyr
>>
>>48017005
Chill Touch is amazing backup damage cantrip to have for this reason. Necrotic is a rare resistance, and it comes with bonus utility against undead.
>>
>>48017084
Female Elf Wizard. Focus on Illusion and Enchantment spells, take a couple Fire spells for damage.
>>
>>48017008

Meh, you could just let them be a flavor werewolf

They're just Rakshasas after all
>>
>>48017084

Half elf bard and maybe flavor the music aspect out of it
>>
>>48017008
I'd probably do it as a weird curse for a small group of people instead of a full blown race for a PC, but that's just personal preference and there's really no reason that alone disqualifies it from being a PC race.

I'm pretty sure that a lion head could technically fall under assimar traits with guardinals or whatever, but I don't know if there's really any precedent for that or anything on guardinals for 5th ed for that matter (and with assimar only an example race in the DM's guide it's kind of iffy on other levels)
>>
>>48014215
>player stays at range
>>gets ambushed by strahd, players are three rounds away
>>
>>48017066
>>48017074
>>48017110
Well, that's the wrong question, I guess.

I'm thinking of having beast-men as a race in a homebrew game, that'd be variant humans+an action from a non-monstrous beast of the player's choice.

Fluffwise they'd be tribal animists, similar to Native Americans or African tribes.
>>
>>48011242
Speaking of Aaracokra, what do you guys think of involving a fountain of youth with them? Either something a PC can be looking for or a group of NPCs protect?
>>
>>48014215

>It's a range class
>Players complain that he stays in range?

For what purpose? Anyway, keep the ceiling or the floor collapsing with small debris and force him to keep making dexterity checks.

If he goes "Well, why don't the melees get it" you go "well, the bloody villain wouldn't very much shake the floor somewhere where he'd get hit, now would he?" and you can keep it as a bonus action so the rest of the players don't have to keep loosing turns
>>
>>48017210
There's nothing about any of that which would suggest barring them as a PC race. What would bar them is monsterous strength, crippling mental stats, being attacked on sight by normal races or inability to act in a nearly civilized manner.
>>
Can somebody save this as a pdf and post it here? For some reason im only able to get the first 5 pages.

ALSO i think I'm about done with the shadowcaster 5e conversion. Feedback on the power level of spells and class features would be greatly appreciated.

http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/BkaciQ1L
>>
>>48017210

So basically the Tauren from WoW?
>>
File: tiefling shadowcaster.jpg (105 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tiefling shadowcaster.jpg
105 KB, 1280x720
>>48017284
shit, forgot pic.
>>
>>48017265
I guess I just wasn't thinking about the right kind of thing.
>>48017286
I wouldn't know, I don't into Warcraft.
>>
>>48017210
>"I'm asking the wrong question."
>proceeds to not ask a question
>>
>>48017305

Minotaurs only instead of bulls, lions
>>
>desperately want to play Curse of Strahd
>every DM I know is already slurping their lips for the new giant-themed game coming up
>I'd run it myself but this is the one time I'd actually want to be a player
Being foreverDM is true suffering
>>
>>48017005
I thinking about taking Chromatic Orb, but that's only because I'm playing a green, and there are like 4 spells in the game that do reliable poison damage. Still wonder if it's worth taking alongside Ray of Sickness though. Probably starting with Subtle and Distant spell, but the interaction with Poison Spray seems really dumb, it doubles 10 feet into 20, but it gives touch spells 30 feet. What gives?
>>
>>48017334

Thundercat quick build

+2 DEX
Same Age
Non-Lawfuls
Size: Medium, 250 pounds
Speed: 40 feet
Slash: 1d8 piercing + Proeficency
Pounce: See any cat featue
Language: Common, Thundercat

There, free homebrew
>>
>>48017507
Oh that's cool, thanks!
>>
> Roll up random dungeon ideas for my campaign
> Roll up an island dungeon formed naturally and used by Good Air Druids as a treasure/culture vault
> Have an idea of a mission for PCs to hired to assist an army assaulting and sacking it by a Noble House
> Just finished watching Letters from Iwo Jima and Flags of our Fathers a while ago

Good or bad idea to have as a quest/dungeon raid?
>>
Is there an official travel domain for clerics out?
>>
File: 1423961844887.png (27 KB, 593x539) Image search: [Google]
1423961844887.png
27 KB, 593x539
>>48017389

>leave a group in the middle of out of the abyss
>can't play it again
>>
>>48017463
I would not waste Distant on Poison Spray. Really, I wouldn't go for Distant at all. Even Twinned would be a better option to blast a pair of Ray of Sicknesses at two people, or Quicken to use it and Poison Spray someone at the same time.
>>
>>48017463
You're specializing in the one damage type that everyone and their mother has resistance or immunity to. I won't tell you not to, because you clearly have some kind of fun roleplaying reason, but at this point building a strong character cannot be a priority.
>>
>>48017507

Add subraces for either STR or CHR bonuses, and proficiency in stuff like Nature, Survival, Investigation and the sort depending on the subrace

(Hell, make it even more like a pride, and the subraces could be based on gender. Male are boisterous fighters while females are stealthy hunters)
>>
File: thighfu.png (1 MB, 1252x704) Image search: [Google]
thighfu.png
1 MB, 1252x704
>Level 5 campaign
>Variant Human Battle Master
>Take Polearm Master and Sentinel
FUCKING NORMIES GET AWAY FROM MY CHOKEPOINT REEEEE
>>
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 612x380
>>48016557
>>
>>48011555

I now must play a Murican Aarakocra Freedom Paladin

How reliable is this tg?
>>
>>48017668

The Burgers-Freedom alignment might be tricky, but you'll get free Inspiration Points all game round for sure
>>
File: 5e_Build_Max-Speed.png (28 KB, 517x826) Image search: [Google]
5e_Build_Max-Speed.png
28 KB, 517x826
>>48017668
>paladin
>not the built-for-aarakocra class
>>
>>48017668
Go with a finesse weapon and a shield. You can rely on divine smite for damage. Should be good for hit and run play.
>>
>>48017737
>

Doesn't look very murican....
>>
>>48017816
It's way too fast to be American
>>
>>48017586
I know it's shit, but it's a mythos-themed game and I have unknowing connections to the Children of Yig. DM's being nice to me at least, letting me take Elemetal Adept for poison, letting me add CHA mod to breath weapon damage at level 6, and giving me a wyrmling's bite. Still gonna be a bit iffy about getting close enough to cast Poison Spray though, I feel squishy with a d6, even though I miraculously rolled 18 CON.
>>
>>48017863
>18 con
>+1 from Dragon ancestry

That's 11 health Anon. You're as durable as a Fighter. Moreso, because a Fighter with 11 health would have 18 on average at level 2, while you'll have 19.

Plus, as long as your dex is decent, you have the equivilent of medium armor. You're not really squishy.
>>
>>48017863
Consider finding ways to make spells snake-themed in a way that is not dealing poison damage.
>>
File: 5e_MM_Flying-Snake.png (424 KB, 550x661) Image search: [Google]
5e_MM_Flying-Snake.png
424 KB, 550x661
Okay, for some reason I've been under the impression that flying snake was an option for Find Familiar. Is there any validity in that or am I just sorely mistaken?
>>
>>48017933

You could talk your DM into it, depending on your class / race.

Give us more
>>
>>48017931
Character's already been made and approved, but I like this idea anyway, I probably won't just be casting poison spells. Any ideas in how to "snakify" some?
>>
>>48017933
By RAW, you are incorrect in your assumption that warlocks got flying snakes. However, you could always talk to your DM about it.
>>
>>48017965
Give you more what?
>>
>>48018071

Information

Say, I'd allow for an Artic Druid with access to the spell via feat to have a penguin familiar, but a Dragon Born wizard I would probably not
>>
>>48018114

What about a white dragonborn wizard?

Damn now I want to play this.
>>
>>48018114
Oh. Theorycrafting an Assassin Rogue who actually has a use for his poisoner's kit proficiency. He might need to make a deal with the devil for that sweet sweet imp poison.
>>
>>48018001

I have a Trickster Class homebrew (that is basically just screwing around with the Bardic fundamentals) in which the Fable of the Snake variant is the one that specializes in Charms and Healing, due to the whole Molding and Snake Charming bit..
>>
>>48018155
Wait a minute, the imp poison sucks too!
>>
>>48011343
Wow... Pathfinder DM or just don't believe in the rule of cool?
>>48011375
Silly is a rather kind word, I would think. But I'm so guy on the internet trying to be nice so what do I know?
>>
Lore noob here, how famous is Drizzt on the surface world? Kind of want to make a doppleganger turn into him and fuck our token fanboy in the ass
>>
>>48018135

Hmm.. Touché. Yeah, they'd get a penguin

Depending on the set I could be persuaded to polar bear cub

But a flying chinese carp would probably be the type of thing I'd try to get away with. Maybe with the stats of raven, that should be easy enough to slide

>>48018155

Giant Spider would be my route
>>
>>48018282
>fuck our token fanboy in the ass
Literally?
>>
>>48018282
Magical Realm ahoy! AND to answer your question, he's moderately famous in the north and among higher circles of Adventurers
>>
>>48016415
Does it have to be something contrived? Say theyre going somewhere to meet an uncle or something and just have them get swept up in the general bullshit of adventuring
>>
File: 5e_SA_Critical-Poison.png (42 KB, 815x619) Image search: [Google]
5e_SA_Critical-Poison.png
42 KB, 815x619
>>48018317
>Giant Spider would be my route
Familiar. Has to be a tiny creature.

The thing is that the flying snake poison doesn't have a save, so its damage dice would be doubled on crits, right?
>>
>>48018322
:3
>>
>>48016415

He's looking for his hard knobbed nephew who got xangaied by a mad lanklet and his pack of dwarves after he got him to believe they were off to slay a dragon.
>>
>>48016415
I always had Halfling communities tend to exhile people who are "undesirable", anything from law breakers to black sheep of the family.
>>
>>48018375

"Giant" in terms of Spider can mean a whole lot of things man

Ask my sister and a dime is right about the proper size of a giant fucking spider.
>>
>First campaign
>Couldn't think of a flaw
>Wrote pedo for giggles
>whydidIdothatmyfriendsarenormies
>Try to conceal my dark secret out of shame for the rest of the adventure
>Party are all halflings
>>
File: bad-dragon.png (598 KB, 856x931) Image search: [Google]
bad-dragon.png
598 KB, 856x931
>>48016415
He leaves his village on a quest to back his sweet halfling boy pussy up on the biggest wands of web in the realms.
>>
>>48018467

My character's first bond was the safety of children, who in in the eyes of my group of neckbears, quickly delved into pedo
>>
>>48016415
A bunch of dwarves and a wizard came to his house and asked him to join them on an adventure to help steal some loot from a dragon's lair.
>>
>>48016448
But that doesn't represent dark souls at all. It never mentioned how it would nerf casters to make them worthless.
>>
>>48013994
Have enemies target the Ranger.
>>
>>48017177
>players are three rounds away
What kind of massive maps does your GM make that it can take three rounds to reach someone?
>>
>>48018713
That's only like 180 feet.
>>
>>48017640
Where's your Tunnel Fighter?
>>
Not strictly 5e but semi related to a game I'm in.

Is there a single weapon edgier than a giant fuckoff Scythe? The only thing that comes close I can think of is a Katana, ideally one that's an unnatural hue with some kind of glow to it.

With these things in mind, would the edgiest weapon possible be a scythe with a katana for a blade?
>>
>>48018594
I can still win in PvP plenty as a caster, and the PvE spells like hidden body are pretty broken. I will admit it takes a lot more effort to get the job done.
>>
>>48018852
Is this for fun or irony?
>>
How can I maximize an assassin's crits (ignoring sneak attack damage because of level-scaling)?

>flying snake poison (no save): 3d4 (>>48017933)
>rapier: 1d8
>aarakocra dive attack: 1d6 (>>48011420)
>enlarged: 1d4
4d4+1d8+1d6, mean = 18
Doubled for 8d4+2d8+2d6, mean = 36

I must be missing a bunch more ways to add dice to an attack. No multiclassing please.
>>
>>48019047
hex (magic initiate), battlemaster maneuvers (martial adept or whatever the feat is), sharktooth sword on an unarmed target, magic weapons
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.