[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
any tomb of horrors storys?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: images.jpg (20 KB, 179x282) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
20 KB, 179x282
never played it my self but I would love to hear some storys
>>
>>48009768
seccond. does anyone actually recommend this dungeon
>>
File: map_tombofhorrors.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1425) Image search: [Google]
map_tombofhorrors.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1425
>>48009768

Obligatory pic related.
>>
>>48009777

ToH is kind of weird. It's not a regular module, it's a "tournament" module, that was usually used as conventions. Teams of players would go in, and the team that got the farthest, or got out with the most loot, was the winner.

The module came about because a lot of people were complaining that TSR's modules were "too easy." (There were rumors that Gygax designed it specifically to kill off his good friend Rob Kuntz' character, Robilar . If so, it didn't work. Robilar lost his orc henchmen in the first hallway and then proceeded to run through the whole dungeon, all by himself.)
There was a team of dwarves who beat it by leading a massive expedition and just excavating the entire dungeon, top to bottom.
>>
>>48009840
that was good got more?
>>
>>48009895
>There was a team of dwarves who beat it by leading a massive expedition and just excavating the entire dungeon, top to bottom

that would have been fun to watch
>>
File: map_isledread.jpg (7 MB, 1800x4002) Image search: [Google]
map_isledread.jpg
7 MB, 1800x4002
>>48009929

Jason Thompson does a whole series of them. I'll post what I've got.
>>
>>48009895
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2XGp5ix8HE

So like this, at least in spirit?
>>
>>48010049
Jason's a cool dude.

Sorry to shill, but you can find his stuff (and the other adventure maps) here: http://mockman.com/
>>
File: map_expeditiontothebarrierpeaks.jpg (4 MB, 1500x2883) Image search: [Google]
map_expeditiontothebarrierpeaks.jpg
4 MB, 1500x2883
>>48010049
>>
>>48010084

It's not shilling unless you get paid, no matter what /v/ thinks.
It's probably best to get them from there, especially since captcha keeps messing up my uploads.
>>
>>48010049
that was better than the first one by far I'm stealing some of that shit for my campaign
>>
>>48010163

TSR modules are a treasure trove of great ideas, waiting to be mined.
>>
>>48010460
ikr I'm gonna steal so many ideas
>>
>>48009768
I am glad I did not stick my dick in his mouth.
>>
>>48010513 Have at 'um, buddy.
>https://mega.nz/#F!3FcAQaTZ!BkCA0bzsQGmA2GNRUZlxzg!vJsyAa5T
>>
File: 101582164-0.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
101582164-0.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1500
>>48009929
I got a couple too.
>>
File: kBBPGXS.jpg (770 KB, 960x2328) Image search: [Google]
kBBPGXS.jpg
770 KB, 960x2328
>>48014623

>>48010084
>Jason's a cool dude.
Seconding this
>>
>>48009768
Every aingle tomb of horrors thread gets spammed with those images and never has people telling stories
What a bunch of faggots, I don't think any of them played it at all
>>
>>48014660
I love the progression of that F/M-U
>>
>>48010049

>"it's mysterious!"

Oh fuck my sides.
>>
I played in high school with my girlfriend in the party (we're talking 1987ish here). She was playing a female fighter and I was playing a male thief who were lovers (of course). Members of a party of six.

I remember there was a magical trap that changes the gender of anyone who triggers it, and both characters were affected.

We decided they actually enjoyed the gender change and stayed that way. The other players just thought we were weird.
>>
>>48009895

>There was a team of dwarves who beat it by leading a massive expedition and just excavating the entire dungeon, top to bottom.

Gotta love good ole' fashioned dwarven practicality.
>>
I'm curious to use this as a grand finale to one of my campaigns. Any good 5e conversions? Does it need one?
>>
Has anyone ever beaten verified as beating Valley of Dust and Fire, to ask about stupidly difficult modules?

The entire thing seems to be a fuck you to players.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.