[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would a fantasy version of the Mechanicus look like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
What would a fantasy version of the Mechanicus look like?
>>
>>48005256
Wizards
>>
>>48005256

Empire wizards and priests combined with dwarves.
>>
>>48005256
gnomes from dragonlance
>>
>>48005256
That picture but without the space tech.
>>
>>48005341
So approximately 30% of a man in a robe?
>>
Swap any mention of "technology" for "magic". Or hell, just keep them as is, but working off of the technology of some ancient precursor/empire/whatever, which really isn't changing anything but the name
>>
>>48005256
Warhammer 40k is already Fantasy though.
>>
A mage that uses an arsenal of powerful technomaturgical weapons and artifacts, the only reason why they work is because the mage provides them with mana or magical energy

So a living magus battery basicaly
>>
>>48005256
Dirz Alchemists
>>
The same really.
>>
>>48008431
>>48005327
All the ritual they do, it makes sense now. Their magic is very Clarke's 3rd Law. It's incredibly precise and involves obscure foci and mechanisms.

Use House Verditius from Ars Magica for inspiration, but turn their reliance on tools up to 11.
>>
You fucking idiots they would look like monks that preserved manuscripts from the fall of the roman empire by copying them without understanding them. That's what the admech is based on. So they'd look like monks who preserve manuscripts and magical advances from the fall of the atlantean or whoever the fuck is old, good at shit and dead in your fantasy setting.
>>
>>48008854
Your humours are too Choleric
We must inject blood to optimize humour balance and realign your soul gates!
After ritual wear the Amulet of Azidah and invoke the lesser eregore.
>>
File: 4swags.jpg (61 KB, 758x510) Image search: [Google]
4swags.jpg
61 KB, 758x510
>>48009015

>be guy on the left

this is fine
>>
>>48009127
Then at least mark the Sigil of Eugophena on your belt to keep your liver from carbonizing!
Those who are too choleric end up with Diamond Livers, which may be adequate payment for an Argentite Liver, but the surgery may lead to possession of your Genus Hypothalimus
>>
The mechanicus are already on a fantasy setting.
>>
>>48009417

I plan on inverting the polaris of my diamond liver, fashioning it into an exterior shield to protect against toxins.
>>
File: hammerite_banner_by_akumafer.jpg (496 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
hammerite_banner_by_akumafer.jpg
496 KB, 1024x768
>>48005256
The Hammerite Order
>>
>>48009697
Who
>>
>>48013215

... I suddenly feel very old, and very angry.
>>
File: t. nietzsche.png (47 KB, 2030x448) Image search: [Google]
t. nietzsche.png
47 KB, 2030x448
>>48014276
Away with you, Grognard!
>>
>>48005256
Mummy with inscribed wrappings.
>>
If it was warhammer fantasy, then a faction of Human Wozards and their vassals who go around trying to find the lost magical/runic arts of the ancient elves, old ones, nehekarans and especially dwarfs. They'd be like human clan skyre, except instead of innovating and adding warp stone, they just imitate what was already done. Their constant snooping around in other factions tech and ancient relics would put them at odds with vengeful lizardmen and dwarfs looking to reclaim these things for he selves
Alternatively thy could be the continuation of what happens when the colleges of magic combine forces with the schools of engineering and form their own independent Order
>>
>>48005256
They would be like the Catholic Church during the medieval ages but controlling much more vital knowledge. Imagine if Ship yards and weapon forges were all controlled by the church and the skills to create these were closely guarded and along the lines of religious worship.
>>
File: emmet.png (195 KB, 423x509) Image search: [Google]
emmet.png
195 KB, 423x509
>>48009697
>The Hammerite Order
WORSHIP ME AND DESPAIR!
>>
>>48022270
Now im just more confused.
>>
>>48022391
Hes a builder....a Master Builder....
>>
Similar, but with less guns and more clockwork and smoke.
>>
>>48022782
Whut
>>
>>48005256
Nuln Engineers are closest, though if they had metal wizards and dwarves working with them, then they'd be full mechanicus.
>>
>>48005327
ALso, armor. Lots of armor.
>>
File: 1319624969925.jpg (71 KB, 571x587) Image search: [Google]
1319624969925.jpg
71 KB, 571x587
>>48023381
>>48013215

I despair for the children of today.
>>
>>48027692
I for one am not young at all, but I clearly missed out on something.
>>
>>48027692
>>48027720
The hammerites from the thief games. Basically using steamworks and other weird tech that does not seem to be used for anything in particular except make robots, giant clocks or hammers.
>>
>>48027758
Ah. Just a game I didn't play, then. I'm pretty bad about that.
>>
As other anon said, Hammrites are so similar to Mechanicus one would wonder if they are not based on them. They wear red (no robes tho), act like preachers and will hammer you to death for tech-heresy, whatever thr fuck that is in Thief world.
>>
>>48005256
I'd say they'd look like Leonardo Da Vinci type engineers and such mixed with clergy.

No hardcore cybernetics, but probably lots of things like gloves with tools strapped to the fingers, pockets to hold more tools, eyepieces, that sort of thing.
>>
>>48005256
Golemized artificers
>>
>>48005256
Phyrexians but more on the Mechanical part or an artifact creature from Esper. They well be heavy on the magitech
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.