[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ops and Tactics Thread: The books still don't look like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8
THIS IS THE LAST UPDATE I'll BE DOING FOR AWHILE! PLEASE DOWNLOAD THIS ONE IF YOU'RE TIRED OF MY SHIT!

>What the hell is Ops and Tactics and why did you write this?

Ops and Tactics is/was a rework of the terribly awful modern game D20 Modern that produces enough differences in said game to be considered it's own. It's goal was to do the following things
1. Make Combat more fluid and less rigid like the D20/D&D style outright demands.
2. Make it reflect the real attributes of weapons and armor, in a more realistic sense, while being as playable as possible.
3. Make everything else suck less, at least in my opinion.
4. Introduce a more modular way to handle magic, Incantations/Invoking(My own..thing), Psionics, and equipment. There is also a lot of equipment.

>Where is it?
www.opsandtactics.com. and opsandtactics.blogspot.com

>How did you do the things you said you did
1. Combat Points. Combat points are units of measurement that are spent during combat to do various actions that have values. For example, a character could spend all 15 of his combat points running in a straight line, moving 75 feet, gaining a +1 Bonus to defense for ever 10 feet after 30, due to it being implied through the rules that he was running, and shooting at running people is harder. Combat points may be spent however the character wishes, in any combination of actions or attacks(And there are a lot, for both melee and ranged fighters), without any real restriction, so long as what they can do is "legal" and they have enough points.

This also makes combat in the game FAST AS FUCK!
>>
>>48000991
2.Firearms has been redesigned as a whole. Instead of going the (Default) generic route, I, as a firearms enthusiast, decided to stat out specific firearms due to their particular stats in the real world. As a side effect, there are a lot of guns. A lot. Melee weapons are also weighed into this, and various maneuvers are available. With the change that one can attack multiple times without some special feat bullshit, melee weapons become hilariously more dangerous than a firearm can be( with the right feat stack, one can stab someone 7 times at 2d4+1+ power) per stab.

3. A lot of common things have been removed, reworked, or expounded on due to major issues with them. The first and foremost of these are the Strength and Dexterity Bonuses. They have been worked in a way so that you divide your strength bonus between melee to-hit and melee to-damage, and divide your ex bonus between ranged to-hit and overall defense.

To add to this, there is recoil now, so Strength is quite important when you're trying to use guns that recoil heavier.

Posted next is Modern magika
>>
>>48001007
There aren't any monsters in any of these books yet, we're compiling them into the Field Identification Manual, which will basically have a bunch of monsters to use

Lastly is Advanced Arms!

I'm going to idle in the thread, answer any questions, and post some guns while I listen to some remixes.

Feel free to ask questions, shitpost, or provide some constructive criticism.
>>
>>48001024
Also here is procdural weapons.

It's for making random guns!

Great for a borderlands game.
>>
Rolled 38, 41 = 79 (2d100)

>>48001046
I'mma make a handgun
>>
Rolled 2, 19, 100, 39, 54, 38, 85, 58, 26 = 421 (9d100)

>>48001205
Alright, so a backup revolver...
>>
>>48001046
Do you have a vague guesstimate as to how long it'll take to create a Field Identification Manual? Lack of a Monster's Manual, among other things, is what killed games like Legend.
>>
>>48001205
Keep rollin'.

I also automated this in ruby for an IRCbot.
>>
>>48001227
2-3 months?

Maybe?

We do have monsters, we just have to recompile them and make them OaTs compatible.
>>
>>48001226
Single-Action, fixed cylinder, 8 rounds capacity, tiny size, shoots .38 Special/.357 Magnum, 25-foot range increment, 0% error range, upgrade points on the frame, barrel, and one tactical point, comes empty with no extra equipment.

Neat.
>>
>>48001311
Glad you like it. I almost didn't finish that book due to noone wanting it.
>>
GODDAMNIT!

Alright some playtesters just pointed out a glaring error in the Modern magika, so I'm going to have to fix those errors.

Sorry. I'll reupload everywhere when it's done.
>>
File: conscript.jpg (45 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
conscript.jpg
45 KB, 400x400
>>48001827
>>
>>48001883
it's an error with aetherwands/staves/rods. An oversight from a last edit.

Sorry.
>>
>>48001938
I am well aware, hence the image :v

>>48001478
It's not a very widely-useful book, but it's still neat. I'd probably only ever use it for, besides novelty...
If the players ever wind up in the Khyber Pass (I've had players get very close, but never in the pass itself or looking to buy weapons)
In a sci-fi game. Mars may be the red planet but they probably don't manufacture Kalashnikovs there, at least not originally. The precursors probably don't use Chinese laser weapon designs either.
Borderlands, like you said.
Far-future games, where presumably new guns have been released.
>>
OP this is some pretty cool shit, not really my thing but I like the ideas. I'd try playing it but my mind is really not in a place to learn another d20 system rigt now. I have your stuff saved from a long time ago, though, and I might use it someday. Have a bump
>>
>>48002348
Thanks.

And the old stuff was crap.

Also, it's kinda leaned away from d20, especially in the combat system.

But thanks for the bump!
>>
>>48002348
It uses 3d6 now.
>>
>>48002517
It does.

Fuck a d20.
>>
Rolled 43 (1d100)

>>48001046
Rolling for a rifle!
>>
ALRIGHT! I appoligize for this fuckup. The editor accidentally removed something important, and I fucked up aetherwands/staves/rods.

It's been fixed, and all things have been updated(Blog, website, ect)

here it is, for your viewing pleasure.

Also I fucking love LaTeX.
>>
>>48002636
Website went down due to too much bandwith(?)

Use the blog for your downloady goodness.
>>
Rolled 58, 42, 46, 7, 59, 1, 57, 39 = 309 (8d100)

>>48002620
An assault rifle that is.
>>
>>48002709
What'd you get?

Also this books seems like a GREAT way to derail /tg/ threads.
>>
>>48002666
>Due to too much bandwidth
Now all you need is a hater, SSB, and you're an official game developer.
>>
>>48002876
>Now all you need is a hater, SSB, and you're an official game developer.

...I've been posting this game for 6 years. I have PLENTY of haters. Tons of them.

I got around them by basically making a rule/thing for what they complained about, so they either ran out of stuff to complain about, or their complaints basically boiled down to personal preference.

I still have a hater or two who hates this system.
>>
>>48002709
So it's an assault rifle with a 15 round box magazine, is chambered for .17 HMR, is semi but also has a two round burst, has an 80ft range increment, 0% error, upgrade points for the frame, barrel, an optic, and one tactical point, and comes with a synthetic stock and empty magazine.

I guess it's some sort of small game rifle with one of those triggers that fire on pull and release. Pretty cool.
>>
>>48003065
That actually sounds pretty cool. A burst fire .17 hmr.

Why doesn't this exist?
>>
File: 1460095506419.jpg (796 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1460095506419.jpg
796 KB, 1600x1200
>>48003104
Postin a gun before bed.
>>
File: CharSheet - Cyberpunk 2020.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
CharSheet - Cyberpunk 2020.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>48000991
>>
>>48000991
You'd get a lot more attention if you gave them nice covers.
>>
>>48006342
I can't art.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.