[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>muh Death Korps >muh trench warfare >muh heretical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 74
File: 164972834.jpg (43 KB, 654x534) Image search: [Google]
164972834.jpg
43 KB, 654x534
>muh Death Korps
>muh trench warfare
>muh heretical past
>muh gas masks
>muh devotion

Why do people love the Death Korps of Kreig when the other regiments are all forms of better and kickass?
>>
>>47999250
LIKE FUCKING AMERICA THE REGIMENT
>>
File: 54912646451941.jpg (114 KB, 522x960) Image search: [Google]
54912646451941.jpg
114 KB, 522x960
>>47999288

IT AINT ME

IT AINT ME

I AINT NO FORTUNE SON
>>
File: 6461614646461264.png (406 KB, 1271x629) Image search: [Google]
6461614646461264.png
406 KB, 1271x629
So a Catachan,Storm Trooper and a Korpsman walk into a slanneshi bar...
>>
>>47999250
They're very efficient for the resources used to raise them. All their shit is old and has seen more than one owner, even their fucking organs. These guys are excellent for an Imperium that barely can handle ww2 combined arms warfare.
>>
>>47999250
Because stahlhelms and gas masks are cool.

The regiment itself is famous for having no personality, which I don't understand.
>>
>>47999566
>These guys are excellent for an Imperium that barely can handle ww2 combined arms warfare.

The Imperial Guard's military capabilities vary wildly according to whoever wrote the anecdote.
>>
>That bit in Dead Men Walking where it's explained that the necrons aren't trying to kill the kreigers, they're trying to destroy their meltas
>The Kreigers are making a good show of it because "The shooter usually has time to throw it clear before he's taken down."
Grim dark so grim derp that it loops back around into being cool again because gooddam son, even the fucking commissar is freaked out by how mundane the Kreig commander makes it sound.
>>
>>47999566
>These guys are excellent for an Imperium that barely can handle ww2 combined arms warfare.

Decentralization is a hell of a thing, anon.
>>
File: 154549451961457.jpg (66 KB, 734x530) Image search: [Google]
154549451961457.jpg
66 KB, 734x530
>>47999619

Basically this

You guys ever read the novel "Death World" a squad of Catachans is tasked with taking down a warboss on some random ass death world. So before this you would think any Catachan would be prepared right? Since they all apparently grew up on the deadliest death world in the galaxy. Nope each of fucking low runs squad is taken out one by one due to the jungle tricking them. With the fucking Rookie being the only one who made it out alive with Marbo covering his ass.

Authors either make the guard grimdark/derp,shit,somewhat competent and mary sue
>>
>>47999561
Kaiji?
>>
File: 1304044716.png (204 KB, 342x334) Image search: [Google]
1304044716.png
204 KB, 342x334
>>47999250
>>muh (thing)
>why doesn't everyone have my opinion?
>>
File: 169494518151.png (233 KB, 1122x712) Image search: [Google]
169494518151.png
233 KB, 1122x712
>>47999921

The guy likes to draw his females with point chins
>>
>>47999250
I like to think of kriegers more as equipment instead of as people.

Born of machine (vitae wombs, combining and nurturing the gametes of those deemed breedable), Barcode at birth, measured and placed into regiments where they are all the same clothing and boot size (to make it easier supply them/ reuse). As if the mech and admin created protocols for the raising of new troopers.

Those deemed fit for service here in a cup a few times board a transport and go off to see the empire, those that fail/deed unfit for aervice are turned into servitors and added to the underground factories producing lasguns and tending the vitae wombs
>>
>>48000163
I thought those that failed were used as live-fire targets for the fit.
>>
>>47999921

FOR THE EMPEROR

zawa zawa
>>
>>48000244
Well, I'm sure they stop needing new servitors after a while.
Maybe that's just for the excess.
>>
They look cool and their zealous devotion to a cause greater than themselves can be appealing.

They can also do more than trench warfare, it just happens to be what they're good at or most often assigned to.

>>47999599

I don't think it's not having a personality so much as being very committed to their duty. Actually can't remember if any book has tried to portray them outside of Dead Men Walking.

>>47999900

Eh, not all Death Worlds are alike. That does sound kind of bad though since even if it's not exactly the same, you'd think regiments from Catachan would at least be able to put some of their knowledge to use, at the very least they'd be cautious.
>>
>>47999371
>it's a death world campaign
>[It Ain't Me starts playing]
>>
>>47999900
You mean to say that the writing for the Guard falls exactly in line with their visual design?

WW1 Guard, WW2 Guard, 'Nam Guard, Starship Troopers Guard, Mongolian Ponyrider Guard, Navy Guard, Russian Guard.

40K is already a highly derivative franchise, but no aspect of the setting is quite as hackneyed and unoriginal as the Imperial Fucking Guard.
>>
>>47999695
Why were they just trying to neuter them?
>>
File: 1420243503462-0.jpg (721 KB, 2325x3225) Image search: [Google]
1420243503462-0.jpg
721 KB, 2325x3225
>>48000465

I mean shit we got fucking AMAZON guard and roman guard even fucking Rhodesian Guard
>>
>>47999599
>The regiment itself is famous for having no personality, which I don't understand.
'The INDIVIDUALS in the regiment are famous for having no personality, because they are completely and totally hardwired to only think of themselves as glorified equipment - they don't even have names, just a number on a datasheet.
>>
>>48000470
They were still trying to kill them all, they just kept targetting the guys with the Meltaguns first because Meltas were the only thing that could hurt them. The point is that the Krieg viewed the Melta as being more important than their own lives without even a single seconds hesitation, and tossed it around to preserve it while they threw themselves into the fray.

They also attacked them with knives, not to actually damage them, but to get the Warriors to focus on chopping the knife-wielders to death while the Meltagunners shot them (still killing the Knife-Krieg in the process).

They have absolutely no regard for their own lives and no self-preservation beyond maximizing combat utility.
>>
>>47999900
I read this! I can't believe somebody else actually reads this shit!

Wow!
>>
>>48000613

>They have absolutely no regard for their own lives and no self-preservation beyond maximizing combat utility.

Yeah that's pretty metal, just like what some Necrons, Orks and Tyranids do.
>>
>>48000419

The best piece of Catachan fluff was when a squad of Cadians ran into some Catachans on another death world the commanding officers were talking the Cadian kept complaining about the planet while the Catachan started to laugh.
>>
>>48000485
>Rhodesian Guard
I don't see a single example of booty shorts.
>>
>>48000419
>zealous devotion to a cause greater than themselves can be appealing.

But it's not appealing. They are programmed to be what they are from birth. They don't devote themselves to the Emperor by their own will and they don't fight for humanity (Our families, our faith, etc). The point is they never chose to fight for a cause greater than themselves, they don't suffer from the fear and pain that is the consequence of their devotion.

This is why I say that Kriegfags are not IG fans. Sorry but that's the good honest truth.
>>
>>48000766

Bushmen of Serica
>>
>>48000778
Yeah, I'm sure the Cadians or Catachans chose a life of suffering and almost certain death without coercion too. Choice is rare in the Imperium.
>>
Has anyone ever thought about what the Krieg regiment is based on? A soldier who thinks of himself as nothing but a piece of equipment to be utilized for maximum combat effiency may speak to how WW1 infratry were used by their commanders. Just sayin... Maybe... Themes n' shit.
>>
>>47999250
I honestly think that it's because Kriegers resonate with people with Aspergers/high-functioning autism. I think that people with Aspergers/high-functioning autism who manage to overcome their condition well enough to get a good job, but don't overcome it well enough to make any friends or find a partner, tend to develop a martyr complex where they see themselves as giving their due to society but society not rewarding them back--they provide the technical expertise necessary to keep modern society running, but they're still left lonely and longing, and that just feels unfair.

When they see a Krieger, part of what they see is themselves--someone who is technically skilled and gives their endless service and devotion to humanity's good, but is socially unsophisticated, and suffers horrendous and unjust tragedy.

Maybe I'm just projecting, but that's just the sense I get.
>>
File: 2551512151215615.jpg (105 KB, 866x922) Image search: [Google]
2551512151215615.jpg
105 KB, 866x922
>>48000953

Its best not to think about it and just shoot
>>
>>48000928
They were born to it but they chose everyday to continue to fight and remain loyal. To suffer through the doubt and despair.

The Kriegers? No, they are not human. So it's a forgone conclusion. They are puppets with no emotion or fear because someone finds that "appealing".

You disgust me, anon. Get out.
>>
>>48000994
Here's your (you) before you go.
>>
>>47999250
>Behind every gas mask is Rei Ayanami
That's why neckbears love Krieg. Prove me wrong.
>>
File: 57945616451.jpg (220 KB, 546x1003) Image search: [Google]
57945616451.jpg
220 KB, 546x1003
>Be Elysian Drop Trooper
>get called in to save the Kreigers ass from some Tau
>Doing the Kreig classic of sending man after man
>Have some intel the head Ethereal of all this is on planet
>Drop in at night with kick ass sentinels and buggys
>get to the Tau camp
>Strategically take out guards and defenses and plant melta bombs
>Find head vagina head
>Fucker was sleeping though all of this
>blast him in the head and get the holy emperor out of there
>Detonate the melta bombs
>during this Kreigers decided to do a mass blitz against he Tau
>The xenos without a leader were easily broken
>A week later the xenos have been drived off the world
>Victory parade
>All the way in the fucking back
>Not to bad because chicks would be all over our space paratrooper dick
>tfw all the bitches ran towards the Korpsmen
>tfw most of them didnt know how to respond to it

What the fuck is it with the Death Korps? Everyone loves them
>>
>>48000953
I like gas masks and trenches
>>
File: Horse Gas Mask.jpg (599 KB, 1247x1045) Image search: [Google]
Horse Gas Mask.jpg
599 KB, 1247x1045
>>48000766
>>48000485

Third row down, first from the right.

>>48000778

I like 'em because WW1. WW1 was basically the worst thing that ever happened. When Sassoon wrote: "I died in hell: They called it Passchendaele", he wasn't being hyperbolic.

So the idea of a society that's not just adapted to, but actively embraced the worst environment people have put each other through is interesting to me.

I also love the aesthetic. This shit is fucking brutal. And the idea that if you take away all the uniform and gear, you're more likely than not going to find a heavily traumatized teenager.

TL;DR: They look cool and they're grimdark in a way that references real history.
>>
>>48001072
They kinda destroy the tragedy of WWI by having all the guys be vat grown robots with a boner for dying. The horror and depression of the Great War was because they were all real people who had no idea what hell they were stepping into.
>>
>>48001110
And now they're the horror of a society that's broken itself to feed war's hungry mouth, that will never rise above such a thing.
>>
>>48000465

Just because Guard looks a certain way, doesn't mean they have to or even fight that way.

It also depends on the situation. For example the notable example of trench warfare I can recall Krieg being involved was Vraks, which was a heavily fortified and armed fortress. In the way it was presented, trench warfare seemed plausible.

>>48000613

To be fair, equipment being more valuable than human life is supposed to be a general theme of the Imperial Guard since the Imperium doesn't lack for manpower. Of course it's not as likely that another regiment would behave in the same manner as the Kriegers did in such a scenario. Sort of explains part of their appeal.

>>48000778

They aren't programmed, they are what they are because of their culture. They've been raised to see dying in service to the Emperor as the ultimate goal and everything else of little importance and they accept that.

Them accepting this fate and their devotion to the Emperor is the greater cause and their willingness to cast aside everything else for it does have an appeal.

Why you can't at least see this type of appeal to them I'm not sure. I can see the appeal of other regiments fighting to protect something and even the people who beat their chests over HFY.

I'm not even a Kriegfag, I've just read the first Vraks book and thought that in addition to them looking kind of cool that I sort of liked their lore. Maybe it's because I was raised Catholic and as a kid had an interests in the saints. For every saint who became one just because they're lived a pious life, there is also one who in part became a saint because they chose to die for their beliefs.
>>
>>48001013
I don't want your (you)s. I want you to get out from my fandom.
>>
>>48000558
Not quite.
They are given names, they're just recycled names from the original defenders to further drive home THE ETERNAL DEBT YOU MUST PAY.
>>
>>48001258
You say you don't want me to reply, yet you keep doing it. Are you certain you don't enjoy this?
>>
>>48000613
What if the whole Vitae Womb actually implants Kriegers with some kind of hive-mind, so they're all basically the same guy acting through hundreds of different bodies?

I know its not but I kinda want it to be
>>
>>48000953
Fuck that noise.
Gas masks look cool and add a monstrous/inhuman element to a human silhouette.

Relax your complexes Freud
>>
>>47999250
Because, in many ways, they set the standard for brutality in an already brutal setting. Even Commissars are unnerved by them. In many ways, they also epitomize the Imperium; slow, ruthless, uncaring, and unstoppable.
>>
>>47999288
I feel like the bit about the Warhawks having grav-gliders basically turns them into Nausicaa: the regiment.
>>
>>48001304

You must be the kind of guy who thinks pic related is totally awesome and not stupid and cringey as fuck.
>>
>>48001346
Also, inefficient, wasteful, and bogged down in self-destructive tradition/culture.
>>
>>48001197
>Them accepting this fate and their devotion to the Emperor is the greater cause and their willingness to cast aside everything else for it does have an appeal.

That's what the IG do. That's not what the Krieg do. They are testtube babies created and indoctrinated from birth. They are no better than Space Marines. So the whole MANLY TEARS aspect you guys give them is false. I can connect with the struggle of an ordinary IG because ge lived a human life and he is forced to give that away. I cannot with a Krieg because he is a tool. Designed by the devs and the Imperium to be inhuman which defeats the point of the IG and thusly their fans are not IG fans.
>>
>>48001356
Probably why that loser is driving a slammed golf with chrome wheels.
>>
>>48000244
Sure can still be, the corpses from the exercise are collected and refuted to work in the factories
>>
>>48001296
Either be a part of the discussion or get out.

>>48001072
>you're more likely than not going to find a heavily traumatized teenager.

Nah, you will find a brainwashed drone. You know, like the Unsullied except somehow less connected with humanity.

And you said it, it's all about the aesthetics. I doubt if the Kriegers didn't have their "neat" aesthetics, anyone would stomach their lore.
>>
>>48001370
Guardsman are forcibly drafted just as much as they are willingly signed on, and then it's always the dregs of whatever shithole planet that choose a certain death. Cadians undergo live-fire exercises at the age of five. Catachans choose the Guard for a longer life, unlike everyone else. Being in the guard sucks, dude.
>>
>>48001434
I quite enjoy the lore.
The thing about it is, the individual, nor the Regiment are not the focus of it. It's the entire Korps. It is a once idealistic world turned into nothing but a hellhole by a needless war and pushed past the breaking point, then used by heedless Generals to pursue the most unforgiving wars. They will never achieve the one thing they desire above all else, because they're needed too much in their current state.
>>
File: hj0oehngwphg0333td.png (685 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
hj0oehngwphg0333td.png
685 KB, 600x450
If you like brainwashed emotionless puppets straight outta of flesh factories, I suggest the Skitarii.

At least they are honest by dropping the pretence of humanity.
>>
File: waaa.jpg (167 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
waaa.jpg
167 KB, 1024x681
>>48001495
You are ass roasted by people daring to love one of the best examples of the ugly bitterness of the Imperium.
>>
>>48000613

Dead Men Walking was a good fucking book.
>>
>>47999288
It's also just like America as they only lose due to somebody else being incompetent.
>>
>>48001468
I know it sucks which why it's admirable for them to continue to fight and struggle in it day after day. Battlefield after battlefield. They could at any moment given in to despair and temptation but they solider on which makes them heroic.

The Kriegers were breed and brainwashed to know feel no fear or despair. They have no desires or wants other than dying, thanks to their brainwash. There is no chance that they will break under pressure or give in. So it's impossible for them to be brave or heroic. They are in the same alley as combat servitors.
>>
>>48000485
>Classified

Of course the 1st Membranes are classified.
>>
>>48001560
I am mad that you are defiling my IG fandom that's suppose to celebrate humanity.
>>
>>48001356
Not him but it clearly was done strictly for the picture.

Also
>you either think it's retarded or you will sick their dick first chance, no middle ground
K
>>
>>48001649
>he thinks 40k is a HFY setting
>>
>>48001370

That's a fair opinion, and yes, if you see them as inhuman I can see why you wouldn't think they represent the IG.

I suppose I see the Kriegers as human. Brutalized and terrified into what the Prussians used to call "Corpse-Dicipline", yes, but making people into tools is another thing that humans sometimes do to humans.
>>
>>48001629
And yet there's always something there to show the Imperium's complete lack of trust in that heroism. Like the commissars, or how equipment is always shipped in instead of harvested from the world around them, or how the Navy that moves them between battlegrounds is separate and distant from them.
The whole Imperium of man is one man working while the other man points a gun down at his head.
>>
File: 1231962916.jpg (512 KB, 800x988) Image search: [Google]
1231962916.jpg
512 KB, 800x988
>>48001657

It went from HFY to oh fuck
>>
I like to think that Generals love having Krieger regiments to command.

"Oh good, we've got meatshields to protect the important regiments."

If there's one thing that Kriegers do well, it's serve as meatshields.
>>
>>48001655

And the picture looks stupid. How does "I only did it for a photo" an argument? I guess duckface is okay then?
>>
>>48001356
seriously? you write a two-paragraph over-the-internet psychoanalysis about how people who like an aesthetic/shitty forced-tragic backstory are spergs, not internet spergs but actual "high-functioning Autists" down to their indivdual motivations, interpersonal relationships, emotional complexes and you're accusing other people of cringe? fucking masterwork e-diagnosis there, champ.

and christ no, that picture is awful. context matters.
>>
>>48001679
and surviving those oh fuck moments is a sort of HFY in itself, although its always undercut by piss from those above.
>>
File: liz-lemon-eye-roll.gif (884 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
liz-lemon-eye-roll.gif
884 KB, 500x280
>>48001657
>he doesn't think 40K is HFY setting
>>
>>48001718
>you write a two-paragraph over-the-internet psychoanalysis

That wasn't me, try again. Also, nice two-paragraph over-the-internet buttmad analysis. It's like you literally can't fathom that more than one person on the internet thinks gas masks are stupid. Any military service member will tell you how much they hate gas masks too.
>>
>>48001739
>humans are literally losing on all fronts
>they have to become just another bad guy to even survive
>humans are just corpses for the meatgrinder of war, the real heroes are all superhumans

Balls of steel is just a meme, newfriend.
>>
File: 1359150446418.jpg (18 KB, 275x206) Image search: [Google]
1359150446418.jpg
18 KB, 275x206
>>48001739
"Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned.
Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war.
There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods."
>>
File: 25454644431594.jpg (617 KB, 1280x1914) Image search: [Google]
25454644431594.jpg
617 KB, 1280x1914
>>48001739
>>48001763

>Balls of steel is a meme

man fuck off
>>
>>48001807
I wish I had the image when they're all scared by the monstrous necro-spider at the end and only fight on by application of Slaught, or how only the fat guy and the Redemmer survives the fight.
>>
>>48001743
Are you actually defending the autismo projector in >>48000953 or just saying gas masks look stupid?

Because I agree with the latter but that post is just terrible.
>>
>>48001829
*Redeemer fuck.
>>
File: Krieg Reporting for Duty.jpg (113 KB, 842x725) Image search: [Google]
Krieg Reporting for Duty.jpg
113 KB, 842x725
>>47999250
It's the helmets.
>>
File: My Trench.jpg (19 KB, 297x200) Image search: [Google]
My Trench.jpg
19 KB, 297x200
>>47999250
And it's the fact they're the epitome of 40k
>>
>>48001739
40K is about how fucking shit the humans are. It's not HFY in any shape or form.
>>
File: 949491849154914.png (85 KB, 167x342) Image search: [Google]
949491849154914.png
85 KB, 167x342
>>48001829
>>48001846

I could post it got a couple of Redeemer shit.
>>
>>48000669
>Orks caring about maximising combat efficiency
>Actively strapping bombs to sticks to hit tanks with
>Actively strapping anything to anything to anything with

Orks dont care about combat efficiency, they just try to become more killy through any means possible, and many lelz occur in the process as it somehow manages to work.
>>
>>48001629

Kriegers are people. I mean, there's no shortage of fucked up human beings in 40k, but there's nothing any more fundamentally inhuman about a Krieger than any other Guardsman. Hell, if the argument's going to be that Kriegs have become something other than human beings and are thusly incapable of valor, why not point to Space Marines? They're *literally* no longer human, and their entire lives are one big brainwashing session.

Like, the Krieg are a pretty silly regiment, but I think you're coming at it from a weird angle. Think of the Krieg like really fucked up, hereditarily guilty Star Trek Vulcans. They're still living creatures with emotions, they've just spent their whole lives figuring out how to ignore them so that they can get back to doing what they love: namely, finding the most meaningless, depressing way to die for the Emperor.
>>
>>48001927
>>48001807
>>48001781
>>48001763
>Despite being beset by untold horrors and dangers from within and without, humanity through grit and sacrifice have endured for 10K years and maintained their supremacy over the galaxy
>If they can hold on for a few years more, a new golden age of wonderment awaits them

HFY is 40K, 40K is HFY.
>>
>>48001629
Yes, which is why they are interesting to many people. They are the rendered down, broken fragments of what was once a human smashed against the altar of war.

It's not brainwashing either. That implies a forcible psychological change in how a person thinks. Their entire culture is raised this way. It IS how they think. Just like Cadians.

Cadians don't volunteer to join the army. They are all literally raised as soldiers. EVERYONE. They learn weapon drills and disassembly before reading and writing. There are no civilians on Cadia. All of Cadia is at the very least a militia. The cream is scraped off to fight where needed but no one chooses. You fight or serve as seen fit or you can talk to command/commisariat. They have a glorified martial tradition that promotes selflessness, tactics, discipline, and service as the greatest values to uphold.

Krieg just goes farther in that they are the only values they know of. They don't have heroes because that is simply how you should die. Cadians are like a blade tempered and forged by battle into true steel. Kriegers are a blade that has been heated and hammered to the point that it is only the hard iron that remains. They will shatter before they bend.

They are one of hundreds of different regiments with different tactics and values. People enjoy them because they aren't glorious heroes at the last stand or the honored martyrs of the forlorn hope.

There are no battle cries or parades.

They are mankind's destiny in the setting if the status quo remains, a grim glimpse of the what an eternity of war will do to the human spirit. War will not be a profession or craft, or a sacrifice worthy of song.

War will be no more than a reflex like breathing.
>>
File: 1450488985044.jpg (31 KB, 500x362) Image search: [Google]
1450488985044.jpg
31 KB, 500x362
>>48001944
That would be super cool if you could, thanks.
>>
>>48001807

at ld 7 it is most certainly a meme.
>>
File: 5849419415184.png (186 KB, 958x418) Image search: [Google]
5849419415184.png
186 KB, 958x418
>>48001980
>>
>>48001975
No, no it is not.
>>
File: 48915151514.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1606) Image search: [Google]
48915151514.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1606
>>48001991

and for absolutely free ill throw in Deth Swadron
>>
File: 1453650907492.jpg (123 KB, 537x536) Image search: [Google]
1453650907492.jpg
123 KB, 537x536
>>48001975
>If they can hold on for a few years more, they get to fight Abaddon's 13th Black Crusade, the Necrons waking up, and the Tyranid main biofleet.
>>
File: 4615191148945461.jpg (453 KB, 1280x1900) Image search: [Google]
4615191148945461.jpg
453 KB, 1280x1900
>>48001991
>>48002010

I wish they would make more 40k comics
>>
File: Wrex Hue.gif (503 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
Wrex Hue.gif
503 KB, 500x333
>>48001950
>>Actively strapping anything to anything to anything with
I laughed harder than I had any right to at this phrase. It's also ORKYORKYORKY% accurate
>>
File: 4546154915414.jpg (345 KB, 1221x960) Image search: [Google]
4546154915414.jpg
345 KB, 1221x960
>>48002031
>>
File: 1455128859559.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1455128859559.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>48002031
That's fucking sick.
>>
>>48002006
Yes, it is.

40K is about humanity suffering and surviving in the Grimdark future. No matter how bad things get, humanity will endure. Humanity will not meekly disappear into the annuals of extinction. They will go down fighting.

Heck, in the recent lore it says there is 50/50 chance of a good ending for humanity. All the Imperium has to do is just last a few more years past 999 41K. Humanity will ascend to godhood in a new age of glory. Humanity lasted for 10K years. What is a few more years? They practically have it in the bag.
>>
File: 4946846184657.jpg (162 KB, 1204x693) Image search: [Google]
4946846184657.jpg
162 KB, 1204x693
>>48002069

No
This is
>>
>>48002088
No way, where? All the lore in every codex scan I've read says humanity is on the brink of extinction.
>>
>>48002111
>No way, where?

5th ED, 6th ED, and 7th ED BRBs

Check the section about the Emperor guiding humanity's psychic evolution.
>>
File: huge chaos guts.jpg (28 KB, 195x195) Image search: [Google]
huge chaos guts.jpg
28 KB, 195x195
>>48002104
I stand corrected, that's fucking sick.
>>
>>48002145
Can I get an image?
>>
File: 646415434845184.jpg (214 KB, 1009x669) Image search: [Google]
646415434845184.jpg
214 KB, 1009x669
Ciaphas Cain comic never ever
>>
>>48002088
That's fucking retarded.

Humanity is a backwards self destructive husk of it's former self, and has only been getting weaker over the last ten thousand years. It was built by god-like men who themselves were just scrapping together the remains of something better. Ten thousand years of stagnation, regression, and corruption have left the Imperium weaker than ever and only be the struggles of a few great men has anything been salvaged. Enemies close in from all sides, and the future is exceptionally bleak. That was the Grimdark that 40k was founded on, and if the new lore has changed that, it's fucking stupid.

In the words of Ahzek Ahriman
>"And what are the achievements of your fragile Imperium? It is a corpse rotting slowly from within while maggots writhe in its belly. It was built with the toil of heroes and giants, and now it is inhabited by frightened weaklings to whom the glories of those times are half-forgotten legends."
>>
>>48001962
I'd say the best way to see the appeal behind the Kriegers is the one Grenadier in Dead Men Walking that survives with Costellin.

He's so overjoyed that his comrades, not only died, but that he was able to get a grim memento of their deaths.
Even though he knows going out in his uniform is suicide, he feels so naked without it.
Finally, when he sees his own death in sight, you finally see the inhuman shell around every Krieger break, knowing that he finally has a chance to live up to the destiny that's been drilled into his mind since before his birth. Even though he won't leave a memento behind like his comrades, he knows that his death in itself will be a memento, even if he's never recognized for it.
>>
File: cata-chan.jpg (256 KB, 540x1280) Image search: [Google]
cata-chan.jpg
256 KB, 540x1280
>>47999900

That was one the worst IG novels I have ever read aswell.

Catachans will never get any love
>>
>>48002184
And yet, it persists, and so long as it persists, there is hope and the possibility of victory.
Failure is only assured when failure is accepted, and the imperium hasn't given up just yet.
>>
>>48001807

That last panel is so fucking cringey and autistic.
>>
File: 1426470961789-2.jpg (54 KB, 490x357) Image search: [Google]
1426470961789-2.jpg
54 KB, 490x357
>>48002362

This is
>>
>>47999250
>putting "muh" before a trait somehow invalidates it or makes it impossible to like.
>>
File: On the Precipice.png (207 KB, 632x1000) Image search: [Google]
On the Precipice.png
207 KB, 632x1000
>>48002168
Here.

There is also bonus lore.

>THE TIME OF ENDING

>744.M41 - Present

>As 744.M41 dawns, Taggarth, the Seer of Corrinto, proclaims the approach of the End Times. He prophesies a time of unprecedented upheaval, in which even the light of the Emperor is swallowed in darkness. Though Taggarth is swiftly executed for heresy, his message of doom echoes across the galaxy. These are the last days of the Imperium, but whether glorious apotheosis or eternal damnation awaits, none can say...
>>
>>48002378

It's true, we were given these huge camo-covered books in the Marines and nobody read that shit. Think it was called something like US Marines Infantryman Primer or something.
>>
>>48002396
OK, but that only means it could possibly be HFY. As the setting is still in a standstill, we won't know if humanity wins or not.
>>
>>48001560
>skub.jpg
>>
File: Death Korps Medic.png (463 KB, 1319x3251) Image search: [Google]
Death Korps Medic.png
463 KB, 1319x3251
>>48001495
>At least they are honest by dropping the pretence[sic] of humanity.
>Implying Krieg ever had that
>>
>>48000994
this is the reason i choose cadians over kriegers, kriegers are too dehumanized, i like my guardsmen to be still... human: to feel the horrors and ravages of war emotionally, not to be so crippled that they feel nothing negative at war because the corrupt system has broken it out of them, kriegers are grimdark, possibly one of the most grimdark things in 40k, but they are no longer human on the inside and nor are they the saddest, i find cadians much more sad because they are still human, born on a fortress world that is essentially 40k stalingrad, having propaganda rammed down their throat without dehumanizing them, having a miserable existence where you and all your friends will diminish into the meat grinder at varying rates and you will still have all the human emotion to experience the misery of it all.
>>
>>48002424
>implying humanity will lose
>>
>>48002571
Exactly.
>>
>>48001975
And in doing so they've lost everything that made them good. It's a story about how Humanity is dying a slow and painful death while succumbing to its worse nature. It's not HFY.
>>
>>48002598
>It's a story about how Humanity is dying a slow and painful death while succumbing to its worse nature. It's not HFY.
>implying most HFY isn't that exactly
Come on. The best HFY are last stands before the humans are vanquished, or humanity as a whole giving into bloodlust when better options are clearly available.
>>
>>48002337
It's persisting in the sense that a man with late stage syphilis refuses to die despite the fact he's bedridden and barely functional.
>>
>>48002618
Those are worst and cringiest HFY.

No wonder you think 40K is HFY if that's the shitty opinion you're going off of.
>>
>>48001962
Space marines are human emotionally though, they still are prey to human emotions, if they weren't, then the heresy would have never happened or at least not on the scale that it did, space marines, traitor and loyalist, still generally have human emotions: dreadnoughts can be so stroppy sometimes that it makes you want to cry, one of my most chilling thoughts is of captain daylight walking along the walls of the imperial palace alone for what he thinks will be eternity and how he thinks about the eldar in a sad and pitiful manner and how when he killed one of the eldar officers, both daylight and the eldar cried as he slew him.
>>
>>48001976
cadians still are human on the inside though, kriegers are not.
>>
>>48002660
Except that man, despite being bedridden, is currently fighting off several dozens mobsters trying to take all his shit with nothing more than his walking cane.
>>
>>48002572
>Implying humanity will win
>>
File: 46445154674676.jpg (169 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
46445154674676.jpg
169 KB, 768x1024
I always wondered with this picture

why is the commissar that close to Catachans?
>>
>>48002801
They're too busy shooting at whatever is actually attacking them to deal with the commissar.
>>
>>48002801
All Guard regiments have Commissars. Even the Catachans.

But Commissars do have a higher mortality rate in Catachan regiments than average.
>>
>>48002801
Because in the infinite universe, there can also be bro commisars
>>
>>48000430
>It Ain't Me
I personally hate you.
>>
>>48002775
He's fighting the syphilis(Chaos), an almost comatose old man who doesn't actually want to fight him(Necrons), an Asian Toddler(Tau), an even older and weaker man who doesn't do much(Eldar), a thug who spends more time punching himself in the face than actually trying to fight the old Man(Orks) and bed bugs(Tyranids).

Don't forget that the others are all fighting each other at the same time too.
>>
>>48001285
You have to earn a name through a great deed. It's usually posthumous.
>>
>>48002861

I always had this fan fiction tier idea of a Catachan commissar basically he was born on Catachan became a jungle fighter and was given the chance to become a commissar.
>>
>>48002801
He has a power fist AND a sword. He must be a cool guy.
>>
>>48001285
Almost

They have a serial number, which is their primary designation. But they have suffixes like "Jurgen" in honor of Col. Jurgen from the Cleansing of Krieg.

I'd assume, however, that multiple members of the squad have the same suffix so they refer to each other by an easy to say version of their serial number.

Like Fives from the Clone Wars TV show.
>>
I like Kriegers because they've been my favorite army to play.
>>
Holy fuck, stop saying Kriegers are clones.

This unreasonably angers me.
>>
>>48002997
Pretty much. You have String-of-numbers-ending-in-83 Leopold and such.
Named in honor of Leopold Jenkins, cut down after getting caught in a mess of trenchwire during a defensive action.
Of course, the rest of your fireteam have similarly long 'names' so you refer to each other as either 'Leopold' or 'Eighty-Three'.

>>48003036
They are not. More than likely, they are neither vat-grown either. Vat-grown Guard are well known, and the process does not seem to bother the Magos Biologis like the "Vitae-Womb" does. Personally, I feel it might be related in some way to captured DEldar technology used to create Half-Born. It would help explain the ethical issues the fucking AdMech has. Though, I imagine it's left open for interpretation and that is simply mine.
Also, this spam catcher is annoying.
>>
>>48000937

That's actually a decent possibility.

>>48001110

I imagine something like that would be hard to pull off in 40k or at the least come off as generic since you could say that a lot of Imperial Guard regiments don't know what they're getting themselves into.

>>48001370

Like another Anon said, it's debatable whether becoming a member of the IG is a choice. I imagine it probably depends on how the world in question goes about raising a PDF and how often and if it's common knowledge that the best PDF soldiers will be tithed as part of an IG regiment raised by the planet.

As another Anon also said, maybe you don't view them as humans and that is why you can't see their appeal. I do and at the least can find appeal in what I think one of Krieg's concepts is supposed to be. They generally have a negative outlook too and I can sympathize.

On the other hand I could be wrong and Krieg could just be another commentary on how bad humanity can be. Maybe I'm giving too much credit to the Krieg mindset being close to normal and them accepting the lot they've been given and not breaking down.

>>48001468

Planets are actually required to tithe their best fighters, any less and the Governor risks getting killed and replaced. Unless by dregs you mean gangs and such, in which they probably still are among the best since every day is likely a fight to survive.
>>
>>48002997
>But they have suffixes like "Jurgen" in honor of Col. Jurgen from the Cleansing of Krieg.

In Dead Men Walking it states that names are only "adopted" by officers and other heroic Krieg, and even then it's purely for the ease of non-Krieg to communicate with them.

Your average run-of-the-mill Krieg, however, is little more than a number, and he's completely okay with that.
>>
>>48002801
the commissar was leading the valhallans below, but got lost and ended up near the catachans
>>
>>48003036
They aren't. But I wouldn't be surprised if they have a dozen or so stock genetic templates for Kriegers that they can randomize with authentic genetic material from living Kreigers.

On a semi-related note: I've always imagined Kriegers are blonde haired, white, and blue eyed. The Ayrian ideal that is perverted into something truly wretched.
>>
Your average Korpsman is a pimply fifteen year old who's been torturously indoctrinated to literally seek to die. That's why it's the Death Korps.

Nothing more human.
>>
>>48003225
They shave their heads.
>>
>>48003351
>a pimply fifteen year old who's been torturously indoctrinated to literally seek to die.

So like 1/3 of the 40K player base?
>>
>>48000994
what's the matter, you triggered?
>>
>>48003397
You can have a shaved head and still be blonde.

Or are you saying they shave literally every piece of body hair?
>>
>>48001258
>fandom

tumblr detected
>>
File: heresy flash.jpg (179 KB, 735x1087) Image search: [Google]
heresy flash.jpg
179 KB, 735x1087
Because they're generally the opposite of a normal guardsmen.

While the majority of guardsmen will shit his standard issue pants a kreigsman will stand his ground or even run towards whatever horror it may be.

At the same time the korps are so fatalistic they will won't see withdrawl as a valid tactic and would rather die to the last man even if going home and coming back another day is an option. This mentality has been a problem in the past so it's not as if they're regiment of perfect soldiers who will not fuck up.

Not to mention dem uniforms
>>
>>48001045

Elysians exist to lose. Every single campaign they are involved in they lose horribly. Taros, Kastorel-Novem, every time they die horribly.
>>
>>47999250
Deutschland and goldenen Stuhl Führer
>>
>>48000778
>Implying that every guardsmen gets a choice to fight
>Implying conscripts are not a thing
>Implying mandatory guardsmen quotas are not a common occurance
>>
>>48000430
stop baiting innocent fa/tg/uys with your TV memes
>>
>>48004700
>it's an anti-meme episode
>>
File: Elysian drop Trooper D99.jpg (433 KB, 902x1010) Image search: [Google]
Elysian drop Trooper D99.jpg
433 KB, 902x1010
>>48003670

And that one Word Bearers book were they and the Mechanicus almost, almost stop the Word Bearers but end up losing.

Was kinda fun to read the parts of that one storm trooper dual wielding plasma and hellpistols against the Word Bearers.
>>
>>48000994
I actually like that whole thing. I like stories about broken characters, slaves and people otherwise robbed of their agency. I find it tragic and sympathetic.
>>
File: The Kieldar Offensive 2.jpg (494 KB, 904x1293) Image search: [Google]
The Kieldar Offensive 2.jpg
494 KB, 904x1293
>>48004985

I hope Imperial Armour or GW will one day give us art showing the DKs faces. I wanna see what they look like.
>>
>>48005000
dead men walking had a textual description of one.
>>
>>48002964
I've had something kinda like this, except the commissar isn't from Catachan, he's green as fuck and the Catachans are his first assigned regiment. He's younger and a lot less experienced and grizzled than them.
>>
>>48000980
>so which one did you marry?
>The whole squad!
>>
I like their aesthetics.

>>48004970
>>48003670
I think it's because when an airborne operation is unsuccessful, the battle is often completely fucked. But even when it is successful, there is still the rest of the battle to win.
That, and a lot of parachutist failures a more known that the victories. I mean compare knowledge of Operation Dragoon and Market Garden, or Tu-Le and Dien-Bien-Phu.

>>48000485
All those regiments, and still no Frech Foreign Legion inspired guard regiment picking up the remnants of decimated units to fight for the emperor one last time.

>>48003665
This is far too random to exist without context.
Nonetheless, I find the idea of a krieger doing photo tourism for intel hilarious.
>>
>>48003665
>neat

Fucking hell
>>
>>48005145
Wasn't Market Garden a failure because the conventional forces couldn't link up with the paratroopers on time? By all accounts the actual airborne soldiers did a superhuman job of it.
>>
File: mPzIh1rbq23ko1_540.jpg (89 KB, 540x783) Image search: [Google]
mPzIh1rbq23ko1_540.jpg
89 KB, 540x783
>>48000485
>Roman guards
could be better
>>
>>48005216
That, and the lack of ammo in the end.
But a lot people see "losses: paratroopers 90%, conventional forces 10%" at the end of the report and don't look further.
>>
>>48001043
Please let this be true.
A whole army of purest waifu mercilessly executing heretics
>>
>>47999250
They're a silly and satirical take on a historical occurrence, which makes it about as good as 40K ever gets.
>>
File: Mordian-Command.jpg (170 KB, 1024x814) Image search: [Google]
Mordian-Command.jpg
170 KB, 1024x814
>>48003665
>While the majority of guardsmen will shit his standard issue pants a kreigsman will stand his ground or even run towards whatever horror it may be.

This describes basically every named Guardsman regiment.
>>
>>47999250
CHOKE ON SIX BILLIONS OF DICKS. They're badass.
>>
>>48001110

It's a different kind of sadness; the men of Krieg are childishly innocent in mind and some of the most loyal people in the Imperium, moreso than many Space Marine chapters; that they get thrown into the meat grinder while borderline heretics live far away from the combat on pleasure worlds really drives home how terrible the situation is.
>>
>>48000485
>No Carolean regiment.
>>
>>48006026
"Recruited from small population where families and households are largely organized with efficient mobilization in mind since that's the only way to compete (ultimately unsuccessfully) with foreign powers with larger populations available" isn't really flavourful enough for 40K.
>>
>>47999250
Mostly because they manage to write a single word in german without making a typo, unlike you.
>>
>>48001739
It obviously isn't, everything bad that happened is humanity's fault and by Canon the only way to solve problems such ad chaos etc is to let humanity go extinct.
>>
>>48000485
>Xeonia Guard

pls no
>>
>>48001721
Nothing survives in 40K, it's just that some places haven't been reached yet.
>>
>>48002378
Never fought in a non economic war against the first. Just drowned them in money.

Drowned the second in bodies.

Smart soldiers not needed.
>>
>>48000485
>Bushmen of Serica

'RICA YA CUNT!
>>
>>48002184
Can't push Spess Muhreens to kids if you're constantly driving home the point of how batshit insanely evil the society they're (barely) part of is.
>>
File: wp_ss_20160628_0001.png (203 KB, 530x984) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20160628_0001.png
203 KB, 530x984
>>48000485
God fucking damn it, I wasn't prepared for this
>>
>>48002396
I see. The problem is, you think that the odds the humanity dies or ascends are equal.

It doesn't have to be 50:50, it could just as well be 99.99% chance the humanity will be destroyed by Chaos/necron/tyranid/tearing the universe a new asshole as they create new Chaos god and only 0.01 (or lesser) chance that the Emprah will wake up and everything will be all right.
>>
>>48002396
Protip: yes we can say. Eternal damnation awaits because it has been the theme of the game since the '80s.
>>
File: ORANGE TRANSPARANT CHAINSAW.jpg (857 KB, 1500x800) Image search: [Google]
ORANGE TRANSPARANT CHAINSAW.jpg
857 KB, 1500x800
>>48000485
Logres tho
>>
>>48003220
And the Siege of Vraks in the IA series has them having names attached to Grenadiers and Death Riders.
>>
File: 1466529232091.jpg (38 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1466529232091.jpg
38 KB, 350x350
>>48002738
Congratulations, you managed to completely ignore the anon's point in favor of your
>muh humanity
You are a dumbass
>>
>>48003187
Vitae-Womb being related to DE Tech or the IW's "Daemonculaba" seems like pretty good reasons why the AdMech wouldn't like it.
>>
File: 1464320971718.jpg (86 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
1464320971718.jpg
86 KB, 640x512
>>48003665
I want a story to go with that image.
>>
>>48001495
But /tg/ told me that the skitarii aren't brainwashed. They do think and have emotions besides pain
r-right guys?
>>
>>48005231
What is this from and why does he have an M1 Garand?
>>
File: Laughing Gods.png (28 KB, 443x395) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Gods.png
28 KB, 443x395
>>48006161
>>
>>48008020
They do, the book states that quite a few still have human emotions combined with the machinery emotions they get from wifi.
>>
>>48006161
I don't get it.

>>48008020
Last time I checked, they aren't brainwashed, but they probably have removed the parts of their brain that dealt with non killy stuff in order to gain more computationnal power.
>>
>>47999250
what is exactly going on in this pic? organ harvesting or what?
>>
>>48008231
>why does he have an M1 Garand?
Because the M1 Garand is an excellent weapon.
>>
>>48008544
I'd say triage and then recycling equipment.
>>
>>48008647
It's okay. It did well for the time, but everyone else was going full retard with semi auto research anyways. Could have been better in the original caliber.
>>
>>47999250
Because Terranis holds, anon.
>>
File: 1467110539560.jpg (54 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1467110539560.jpg
54 KB, 350x350
>>48008745
>M1 Garand
>Not perfect the way it is
/k/ would like to have a word with you
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 540x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 540x750
>>48009124
Actually, as a /k/ommando who just decided to drop by, we almost unanimously agree that a reinforced oprod is something that's very much useful if not required to not have it be shit.
Unless all you want to shoot is surplus that is.
>>
File: Dkik.png (706 KB, 824x490) Image search: [Google]
Dkik.png
706 KB, 824x490
>>48005000
>>48005005
We have had picture of their faces for years
>>
>>48009987
Never said it was the best, just that it's perfect the way it is. Like a slightly overwieght woman who can cook like a pro and is loyal.
>>
>>48002863
:^)
>>
>>48002552
What is fan fic for 200?
>>
>>48008020
Read the codex. They are brainwashed as hardcore as Scions at least.
>>
>>48001110
I think you're missing the point. The Krieg aren't robots, they're broken children that don't even understand how horrible their life is. Each and every Krieg, when they were born, was a child no different than any other human. There is nothing inherent to the Krieg that makes them what they are, that's the tragedy. War has robbed the Krieg of their humanity, rendered them broken shells who exist only to serve and die. But they were and are human. Underneath the gas mask and fanatical devotion, at the core of Krieg, there is still a person, and an extremely pitiable one at that.
>>
>>48003665
>>48007635
http://ricedawgv2.deviantart.com/gallery/57599127/Death-Korp-Quest

For anyone who cares, the sauce has been located.
>>
File: Armageddon_Tank_Ace.jpg (419 KB, 694x1203) Image search: [Google]
Armageddon_Tank_Ace.jpg
419 KB, 694x1203
Pffffft "Death Korps of Krieg"

Come back when you beat two WAAGHs and a Demon Primarch, bitches.
>>
>>48008295
>I don't get it.

They're a regiment of people wearing incredibly tall hats that suffered great losses in a low corridor, what's difficult to get?
>>
I like Mordians.

N-no particular reason why.
>>
>>48001110
With regards to the Emperor's Vision, Krieg is basically the worst case scenario barring actual destruction of the IoM: a humanity that survives, but at the cost of its spirit.

That there is a place in the Imperium he founded is just another tragedy.
>>
>>48011340
The original monster girls author must be drowning in money, considering how much I see his designs everywhere.
>>
>>48010309
That guy in the center looks like Hitler got caught in a rainstorm.
KREIG!
>>
>>48011450
...Were an Imperial Guard Regiment son, weve all done shit like that. We just feel the need to keep harping on about the same damn campaign over and over like a bunch of post-weimar ass hats.
Argmageddons been ages ago, get your ass to Vraks and start pulling your weight!

Also, tell Strakken to stop whining about his Orkfriend ignoring him, its starting to tick off the Astartes.
>>
Would it be ok for a crusading chapter of space marines to take a tithe of kriegers children?

How would the upbringing on krieg affect their transition?
>>
>>48013973
They'd probably make shit marines, given how pretty much all marines recruit as much for spirit and guts than other factors.
>>
>>48005053
>Theyre the best Husbands ever!
>They keep the house clean and tidy.
>Do the dishes, take out the trash and even Laundry.
>Theyve also fortified the whole block and purified a genestealer cult in the Frat House down the road.
>Plus the Comms guy can cook!
>>
>>48009124
>>48009987

M 1 Garand a shit

M1 Carbine though
>>
>>48014022
>M1 Carbine
I love not being able to penetrate steel helmets!
>>
File: 64572819458.jpg (952 KB, 1280x1856) Image search: [Google]
64572819458.jpg
952 KB, 1280x1856
I wish Catachans got more lore
>>
File: MC_Garand.png (484 KB, 1412x2018) Image search: [Google]
MC_Garand.png
484 KB, 1412x2018
>>48014022
>>48014087
I don't see MC Carbine showing up in this rap battle
>>
>>48013973
>>48013982
What if you picked up a regiment of the they are young only 10 say; then throw them in a survive or die situation?

If none make it through you pick up another batch. The children art wasted as you use them in real life tactical scenarios as distractions. The chapterS 10th Co. Picking up any that are deemed worthy.
>>
>>48013973
>Would it be ok for a crusading chapter of space marines to take a tithe of kriegers children?
Literally no.

The High Lords of Terra issued an official edict saying that nothing can interfere with production of Krieg Guardsmen.

It's part of the reason why everyone turns a blind eye to their use of Vitae Womb Technology.
>>
>>48014118
Catachan lore is 80's action flicks.
>>
>>48006620
his post was saying cadians and kriegers are the same, you retard.
>>
>>48015036

I feel like Kreig-marines would be super vulnerable to chaos. Between the whole massive self loathing guilt complex and utter fatalism, you give 'em Space Marine abilities they'd probably pull an Iron Warriors on you.
>>
>>48010381
That's the point.
It's not perfect the way it is.
It literally fucking exploded with anything that's not surplus.
>>48014022
The M1's great...if you wanted a fucking SMG that only fires semi auto and and is in a special snowflake caliber.

Now with the sarcasm over, It's an okay gun.
Just don't try to convince yourself you're good past, say, 100yds.
>>
File: Neat.jpg (34 KB, 341x221) Image search: [Google]
Neat.jpg
34 KB, 341x221
>>48003665
For those who want it.
>>
>>48016201
Neat
>>
File: tumblr_lxtaamLsiT1rn95k2o1_500.png (150 KB, 469x350) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lxtaamLsiT1rn95k2o1_500.png
150 KB, 469x350
>>48011340
Does anybody know his update schedule? Because I want to finish that comic.
>>
>>48015258
Are you sure we're talking about the same anon, anon? Because the guy I'm talking about said that the Cadians are human, but the Kriegers aren't.
>>
>>48015357

They'd probably self-destruct themselves if it felt like their faith was wavering rather than let themselves go all the way...which is sort of a bad thing, because Space Marines are EXPENSIVE.
>>
>>48011828
Give her the stiff upper lip anon, for both of us *cough cough*
>>
>>48001362
>Death Korps
>wasteful
>inefficient
What? They are perhaps the least wasteful regiment in the Imperium. They waste nothing and are efficient as fuck except for casulties which can be replaced.
>>
>>48016696
>casulties
But anon, even their suicidal tolerance for casualties are so cheap they're negligible.
>>
File: 1376601574309.gif (2 MB, 300x196) Image search: [Google]
1376601574309.gif
2 MB, 300x196
>>48003665
The camera never fails to get me.
>>
>>48014022

Who cares as long as it makes a ping sound
>>
File: death korps officer.jpg (81 KB, 564x1069) Image search: [Google]
death korps officer.jpg
81 KB, 564x1069
DEATH KORPS OF KRIG
psssh...nothin personnel...xeno...
bio: Kriegers are born with a special power. they are stronger than all their comrades in the imperial guard. they served in the Krieg aristocracy fighting emperah and in the final battel against emperah they were fighting for independence and emperah turned them to the grimdarkness of the 41st millennium and the death korps turned against Krieg and nuked it. they lost all their hapiness in the battle which is why they dont not have any hapiness, pls stop PMing me askin me why thats why. also gas masks arent dumb fuck you catachansoldier663 everyone knos your a fuckin heretik scammer fagot
likes: hurtin heretics, bein badass, basilisks, gas masks (for protection), killing, death, imperial cult Gregorian chant, trench coats, skulls, darkness, hot gurls with big boobys who are sisters of battel, gas masks (for looking cool), stahlhelms, colour black (on uniforms)
dislikse: niceness, happiness, chaos, kevin robinson from school fuck you kevin stop showin everyone my fuckin deviantart you peace of shit, Abbadon, not having a gas mask on, catachan jungle fighters (mega ass-faggots), sunshine, life, my dad, football
>>
>>48016807
DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TO?!
>>
>>48016519
Nvm, you're right, sorry bro I just had major surgery and am going through pain killer withdrawal and my heads still a bit loopy, you're right friend, and so is that anon I originally detested.
>>
File: Death Korps Sniper.jpg (170 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
Death Korps Sniper.jpg
170 KB, 900x1200
>>48016990
No.
>>
Personally, I think they'd just make a better standard guard because they better fit the gothic aesthetic of the Imperium, which could stand some fucking serious cleaning up. Some parts have potential as gothic space fantasy, other parts look like shortbus sci-fi.
>>
>>48001043
Ugh, you just ruined my favourite guardsmen. Fuck you.
>>
>>48001045
If this is the case it's the commander's fault. You don't use a sledgehammer to do a scalpel's work, or vice versa.
>>
>>48017197
Your faith was weak to begin with.

Kriegers aren't clones.
>>
>>47999900
>>48000636
I'm trying to remember, did any of the guardsmen in Death World actually die because of the world itself?

Everyone I remember died fighting the Orks, and they consistently outsmarted a planet that was sentient and trying to kill them.
>>
File: KreigersBreak.png (1 MB, 997x726) Image search: [Google]
KreigersBreak.png
1 MB, 997x726
>>48000778
>Kriegers
>Not suffering from fear

Hate to break it to you, senpai
>>
>>48017380
Strictly speaking, it doesn't say it was out of fear. But that's splitting hairs.

It's literally one example out of all of Krieg's engagements. When I first read that I honestly thought it was meant to show how fucking horrifying Vraks was rather than Krieger fear.
>>
>>48017476
I mean, is it cool to be wrong about things? Is that why you're saying that?
>>
>>48017492
First, not the original Anon.

Second, those Kriegers broke due to fear or whatever. No matter what they broke.

Third, I even said that's splitting hairs.
>>
File: 1413521752562.webm (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1413521752562.webm
2 MB, 500x281
>>48000485

as a kid I always liked the Cthonol Regiment and the Honus Squad.

My dad got some Praetorian Guard models, no idea if they are from GW or if other people made them.

I just like to imagine the Cthonol Regiment hold up on a barren, wartorn land, all huddled in a ruined building with a big sign that says , "No xenos or heretics allowed"
>>
>>48002801

what are those box things in the background?

look like giant deadnaughts on 4 legs
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 74

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.