[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/5eg/ Fifth Edition General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
File: 1454114085778.jpg (85 KB, 594x796) Image search: [Google]
1454114085778.jpg
85 KB, 594x796
Dungeon World won't ever be popular edition.

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v3:
https://mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

>Pastebin with homebrew list, resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>June 2016 Survey
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/june-2016-dd-survey

How heavy do you go on RP when you play?
>>
>>47998393

Depends on the group really.

I've got one group that's fairly heavy RP, light combat. One, maybe two combats a session.

I've got one group that's mostly combat with light to moderate RP.

And I've got one group that's moderate RP with moderate to heavy combat.

It's working out well so far.
>>
if i'm running for a party where i think it would go over well, i go nuts with RP. i had an npc in one campaign that always wore a full set of plate armor and i did his voice while speaking into a metal pot.

that level of RP would absolutely derail the group i'm currently running for, so i just stick to light voices/accents and always play NPCs by their personalities.

as for playing I WOULDN'T KNOW BECAUSE NONE OF MY FRIENDS EVER WANT TO RUN GAMES THE LAZY SODS
>>
How would you build a ninja? Shadow monk? Assassin? Arcane Trickster? Fighter? Warlock?
>>
>>47998456

There's lot of different ways to build a ninja. Me, personally, I'd probably have some Rogue/Fighter/Warlock mashup.
>>
>>47998456
As >>47998493 says, it depends if you want your ninja all-natural, made-a-pact-with-an-oni-for-ninjutsu-magic supernatural, sneaky with a dash of stab your fucking face of fighty.

Heck, the Bard class is pretty close to the true historical "pretends to be a peasant" spy.
>>
>>47998456

Monk is probably the best way, in my opinion, but you could reflavor lots of things to make a pretty good ninja substitute.
>>
>>47998456
Shadow Monk 6, Assassin Rogue 6. If you continue past that, decide whether you want more monk or rogue and stick with that the rest of the way.
>>
Wait. Hold up. The Great Weapon Fighting style applies to versatile weapons?
>>
File: r7.jpg (107 KB, 780x920) Image search: [Google]
r7.jpg
107 KB, 780x920
>>47998456
>>47998493
>>47998571
or a barbarian with re flavored rage, advantage on initiative, fast, high hp for blocking arrows
or a cleric, perhaps trickery or war, or even nature could work.
or maybe a ranger if you want to be an outdoorsy chopping wood 1000x a day by the waterfall ninja with some weird combat tricks.
or a sorcerer could be good, if you want to be a tough naruto ninja shooting huge fireballs or whatever happens in naruto.
>>
>>47998620
Yes, because halfling paladins/fighters exist that might want to two-hand a longsword or what have you.
>>
>>47998620
Are you holding it in two hands?
>>
>>47998627
shit i missed one: howbout a druid sage ninja who can turn into animals and call lightning down and sneak around as a moth?
>>
>>47998571

I like the monk mobility but not so much the fact that the shadow path ninja features are 'magical'

might just make assassin rogue/open hand monk
>>
File: 1466884409984.jpg (58 KB, 525x503) Image search: [Google]
1466884409984.jpg
58 KB, 525x503
>>47998858
>but not so much the fact that the shadow path ninja features are 'magical'
>>
>>47998393
I prefer to keep everything as in character as possible, but sometimes my group forgets something crucial so I have to mildly break character to remind them of it.
>>
anyone else think that dark gifts are kinda fucking stupid? i mean, where is the moral choices of old ravenloft? where are the dark power checks!?
>>
>>47998858

If you don't want to be a ninja with supernatural powers than Rogue is definitely your best bet.
>>
Well? Why don't you use the superior system?
>>
>>47999290
coz its needlessly complicated for little to no benefit
>>
File: 5e_PHB_Races_Halfling_portrait3.png (363 KB, 743x761) Image search: [Google]
5e_PHB_Races_Halfling_portrait3.png
363 KB, 743x761
>>47999341
>He doesn't want the most immersive experience possible
>>
>>47998393
Ive been thinking on a new character concept, being either:

A. Generic ranger/hunter, but also a competant scholar to the point of being able to catalogue and collect information on the wild, maybe end goal being publish books? (I.E. Darwin-ish?)

B. A rogue/bard. I've always disliked magical classes, preferring a more 'natural' character. Being also in the theme of knowledge, he would travel as a skald, or bard, but obviously looking to avoid the same bard class associated with the Horse Loophole.

Basically, I've always played a ranger/outdoorsman, this time I want to play a more civilized or atleast urban dwelling traveller that has something to do with discovery or exploration.
>>
>>47998393
I would love to do voices and accents during RP, as both a DM and player, but I suck ass at them. I still roleplay them, though--imagine a man with a tendency to slip into a southern drawl but the vocabulary and grammar of an Oxford graduate.
>>
>>47999290
We use the superior system, which is the standard system.

Why would you want to roll for initiative each round? Why would you want everyone to choose what they were going to do before initiative instead of having them plan their turn as the battle evolves.? It seems like it would make combat take much longer and be more complicated than needed.
>>
File: i am a genius.jpg (152 KB, 640x720) Image search: [Google]
i am a genius.jpg
152 KB, 640x720
Some changes to the Mega.
- Adventurers League now at the top, since it has more shit than just adventures in it now. I also finally removed the apostrophe.
- Adventurers League Player's Guides added for each season. I still haven't found seasons 1-3's DM's Guide, if anyone has copies of those lying them around I'd appreciate them for completion's sake.
- AL character sheets added for each season.
- Dark Gifts Expanded Table added to Season 4, since it was put up on DMs Guild by Wizards officially.
>>
>>47999383
More math to do is the opposite of immersive.
>>
>>47999590
>simple algebra is so difficult that needing to add one number to another breaks my immersion
Wew there, lad.
>>
How much do you have to homebrew to run Dark Sun encounters in 5e? What is and isn't usable from what's already printed in the Monster Manual? How have you tweaked existing stuff to account for psionics in the world?
>>
>>47999556
The better way to run it is to have one person roll for each side, so that you aren't rolling a bunch of dice every turn. Then everyone declares what they're going to do, and you go down and see how things happen.

>having them plan their turn as the battle evolves

That's why it IS more realistic. These rounds aren't supposed to be people taking turns. They're supposed to be everyone acting at once in the same small timeframe.

If you roll initiative normally, the Wizard can plan out the opportune moment to fling a fireball. If you roll each turn, the battlefield might shift by the time they're ready to cast.
>>
>>47999687
Based anon gets it.

>>47999655
>>47999590
>>47999556
>>47999341
Plebians
>>
>>47997667
>My fighter
Hard to say for sure but probably kill them. Though being a goliath he would want to make the fight fair so he may unpin the wizard and fight fight them to the death if they are silenced.

>My sorcerer
Burn them alive without mercy. The local authority is probably too corrupt to properly deal with such a criminal as this.

>My warlock
Take their spellbook and learn all their secrets of enslavement spells and such in exchange for their freedom, then kill them.
>>
>>47999725
>(You)
>Plebians
:-(
>>47999687
what do you mean one person roll for each side? like roll group initiative every round? how do you decide the order for everyone?
>>
>>47997667
>Also, she's like a barely legal cutie or something.
I paralyze her from the neck down
>>
>>47999805
>Dm rolls a dice for the monsters
>one player rolls a dice for the players
>Everyone decides their actions
>Add and subtract modifiers
>If there's a tie, just assume they go at the same time
>>
>>47999835
Having all the players go at the same time sounds like an absolute clusterfuck.
>>
>>47999290
We've started doing this thing where we roll off a few times and the DM writes down the results, then when combat is initiated we flow right into through the words "you're up first" or whatever. Then we roll as standard unless the combat is interrupted or if it's something that doesn't matter too much, then the DM just picks another number from the array for each character.

This way there's no breaking play and it allows the DM to influence the fight on our side easier, for example if he wants to set it up so we have a chance of losing the healer under a web he can have everyone else move forward before them then have the giant spider act.
>>
>>47999848
You don't LITERALLY have everyone try and talk and move at the same time. You have them all say what they're going to do, and then resolve them one by one.

Besides, they also aren't always going to be going at the same time, thanks to the modifiers. If the player roll is a 7, the Greatsword fighter is swinging at step 5, the Rogue is stabbing at step 9, the Wizard is firing off a magic missile at 6, and the Cleric is swinging a mace at 7.

How are you having trouble with this?
>>
>>47999892
>How are you having trouble with this?
Because I sometimes read things wrong and reply without realizing I'm mistaken.
>>
>>47999941
That's alright anon.

It really isn't as complicated of a system as it sounds. I can get why it isn't for everyone though.

Just be glad it's not the 2e version where every single weapon had its own weapon speed.
>>
File: Speed-Factor_Regain.png (284 KB, 732x327) Image search: [Google]
Speed-Factor_Regain.png
284 KB, 732x327
>>47999290
Reminder WotC initially wrote the PHB with speed factor as the default initiative method and forgot to change these capstone features when they decided for standard initiative rolling.
>>
>>48000043
Serious or troll? Can't tell
>>
>>48000043
I don't understand the issue.
>>
>>48000059
Not even trolling, my dude.

>>47999999
>>48000000
>>
File: 080213 the combat sequence.png (13 KB, 362x250) Image search: [Google]
080213 the combat sequence.png
13 KB, 362x250
>>48000043
Except you can check all of the Next playtest packets in the Mega and see that no, the "steps of combat" have been the same from beginning to end.
>>
File: 1454571339088.jpg (33 KB, 313x762) Image search: [Google]
1454571339088.jpg
33 KB, 313x762
My Oath of the Ancients Paladin is a great weapon fighter. Is GWM really necessary if I take Polearm Master? I figure i'll be eating up my reaction with the ass-end of my polearm, and the -5/+10 is nice but I feel like Sentinel is going to give me more.

I'm only going to have two feats, maybe three if I cap Cha at 18 but i'm not really leaning that way, so i've got to make use of them.
>>
>>48000068
Because if they had used speed-factor initiative, the player would be rolling every turn of a fight. That would effectively give them unlimited uses of those as long as they were already out.

I don't think it's true, but it is an interesting boost to Battlemaster Fighters.
>>
>>48000112
>"You are wrong because [unrelated argument]."
You sure showed me!
>>
>>48000122
>reaction
Meant bonus of course.
>>
Anyone else have the DM unintentionaly turn their character a walking joke?

>Play a half-orc fighter
>Used to be a mercenary before becoming an adventurer.
>Can hit like a tank and soak up damage like one.
>DM levels us to 4 because we joined a pre-existing game
>(This was our first game desu)
>Rolls magic items for us since we're ill-equpt.
>+1 weapon, a handaxe
>Alright.jpeg
>Illusionary
>Perfectforindimidationbonus.jpeg
>Made for dwarves
>Wat.webm
>To put this into perspective imagine a half-orc fighter shield and all wielding a fucking razor.

tl:dr I'm playing a half-orc that shaves his enemies beards to death.
>>
>>48000128
Ah okay, I understand now. Yeah that could be abusable.
>>
>>48000128
>unlimited
No, those capstones grant a minimum of one use of the features per round.
>>
My party will meet Strahd in the next session of CoS. So I have a few questions on how he would act.

How much would he reveal to the players about his plans, himself or Barovia? Would he lie to the PCs, or is he so powerful that he doesn't care about lying or hiding facts?

How would he react if Ireena dies while she travels alongside the party? Wouldn't he just kill them all, considering Ireena's soul is all he longs for?
>>
File: bait-kun.png (91 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
bait-kun.png
91 KB, 800x600
>>48000174
The playtests have never changed how initiative worked. Speed factor isn't mentioned in any of them. Initiative was never intended to be rolled more than once as the default, so no, all of >>48000043 is demonstrably wrong.
>>
>>48000122
if you mean "do i want both" probably not, for the exact reasons you stated, you're right. polearm master is really a "i dont get bonus actions with my class" and gwm is "i do big damage, and only occasionally get bonus actions/no actions"
if you have no bonus actions to speak of, imo polearm is better, but if you're the beefsteak critting and dropping foes all the time, GWM's occasional bonus is better

if you just want to pair one of the two with sentinel, i would definately go with polearm. you literally shut down movement when something gets to you, AND when it tries to move away
>>
>>48000201
I don't get that whole "roll for magic items" idea that people have. While I agree it isn't good to give the player exactly what they want, they should at least be able to get something that they will enjoy using.
>>
>>48000255
I never mentioned playtests you illiterate fucking idiot. Leave this fucking board already, jesus christ.
>>
The wizard of my group ambushed a room of 10 sleeping humanoid enemies and cast burning hands thusly damaging almost all of them as it was a small room. As a dm who's never played a wizard in 5e is there anything stopping him from doing that in pretty much every room?
>>
>>48000122
GWM isn't as good on a paladin since the opportunity cost (higher chance to miss) conflicts a bit with divine smite (extra damage on a hit). Polearm Master synergizes with divinte smite by allowing an extra chance to use it, allowing a bigger 1 turn nova potential.

GWM isn't bad but it probably isn't high priority.
>>
File: bait elf.png (42 KB, 249x284) Image search: [Google]
bait elf.png
42 KB, 249x284
>>48000284
You mentioned that "WotC initially wrote the PHB with speed factor." The initial writings of the PHB are out there (via a leaked PDF) and the way it was developed and written can be seen in the playtests. Speed factor was never intended to be the default. Demonstrably.
>>
>>48000292
First, a perception check might have been in order. Even with disadvantage, a couple of them might have been able to wake up and dodge out of the way.

Second, create larger rooms, or don't fill them with sleeping enemies.

Third, it's a 15 foot cone. Unless they were all literally in a plie, I don't see how they could burn all of them.
>>
>>48000317
He was on his magic steed who also fired a cone.
>>
>>48000292
Spell slots. He'll run out eventually. And, also eventually, there will be rooms where he won't kill everything.
>>
>>48000333
>horsecasting
Well, it was a good thread while it lasted. See you next time, lads.
>>
>>48000283
I mean I wasn't mad about it. I actually thought it was pretty hilarious. I guess just having my barbaric "kick ass and chew bubblegum mcgee" character hold a rogues shaving utensel urks me internally.
>>
>>48000310
>burden of proof is on him as he is refuting my claim
>he posts speculations

>the type of anon who saves bait memes
The biggest flag to not take a poster seriously. They need bait images because they can't win an argument. "He disagrees with me, better choose a bait meme!"
>>
File: dungeonworld (323).jpg (967 KB, 900x1347) Image search: [Google]
dungeonworld (323).jpg
967 KB, 900x1347
>>47999290
>Well? Why don't you use the superior system?

I do. That's why I play Dungeon World, which doesn't bog down my game with a pointless initiative system stolen from wargames. Newsflash! RPGs don't have to be carbon copies of WARGAMES like D&D and Chainmail. The fact that you autistics get bogged down in letting rules control your roleplaying, just shows the quality of your ability to actually roleplay.

In Dungeon World, if I want to go first, I *do* something. I make a move. That's why the action are called "moves" instead of boring shit like "skill checks" or "saving throws," because they MOVE the story forward, they MOVE the action forward. Not spending ten minutes rolling for initiative. While you are doing that, I am asking people what they do and they are responding, because we don't let baby-ass rules control our lives or our fun.
>>
So does /5eg/ have one prolific shitposter, or several who all post the same way?
>>
>>48000343
>>horsecasting
>Well, it was a good thread while it lasted. See you next time, lads.
>>48000333
>He was on his magic steed who also fired a cone.

>the wizard snuck up on 10 people and cast a verbal spell, while riding into a room on horseback
literally every one of them should have gotten their dex for half roll
>>
File: 5e_Exploits_Cone-of-Cold-Horse.png (975 KB, 1239x2971) Image search: [Google]
5e_Exploits_Cone-of-Cold-Horse.png
975 KB, 1239x2971
>>48000333
>>48000343
>>
>>47999529

You could play both of those in Dungeon World or Mouse Guard for a lot less time and effort fiddling with needlessly complicated rules. You could also build your character to fit your backstory in ways that D&D 5e's """background""" '""system""" could only dream of, because it is far too restrictive.

>>47999546

>I would love to do voices and accents during RP

Again, you could do this more easily in a game like Dungeon World that is less restrictive with the rules.
>>
>>48000367
Please refer to
>>47998393
>>
>>48000372
one and a few who spout his shitty rule lawyering as forced memes
>XD 6 foot tall 300 pound gnome barbarians!
>>
>>48000353
Move onto another 80s action here and play it off Jack Burton style. Get yourself a repeating shortbow that you can never shoot straight, fire that around then spend the next round removing the tiny axe from your boot before continuing on with the battle.
>>
>>48000353
Well in your situation I wouldn't really be mad about it either but I am speaking about the time a fighter gets rolled a shortsword when he has the GWF feat.
>>
>>48000395
what... oh... oh my goodness!!! ahaaa... ahahahahaha!!!! AAHAHAHH!!! AHAHHAAHAHAHAHAH!!!! WOOOOO LAD!!!! WOOO AHAHAHAHAH!!! A GNOME???!! A WOO!!!! AHAHAHAHAHA!!! ahaha... wooo!! ahah... a gnome... a gnome.. BARBARIAN??? AHAHAHAHAHA!!! HEEEE HEHEHE WOOOOO LAD!!! OHH MY THAT IS

C L A S S I C
L
A
S
S
I
C

A gnome.... BARBARIAN XD
>>
File: Strahd.png (126 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Strahd.png
126 KB, 300x300
>>48000229
>How much would he reveal to the players about his plans, himself or Barovia? Would he lie to the PCs, or is he so powerful that he doesn't care about lying or hiding facts?
Strahd rarely bothers lying. If he's asked, he either won't answer or state the facts simply, unless he's purposely toying with them.

>How would he react if Ireena dies while she travels alongside the party? Wouldn't he just kill them all, considering Ireena's soul is all he longs for?
He might try to kill them for a moment, but only for a moment. Getting Ireena is one of his main goals, after all, but he's also mostly emotionless.
>>
>>48000292

Play a game with more balanced casters, not 5e which is basically Caster Edition 2.0 with all the same broken spells and fucked figher utility. Eldritch Knight is the only viable fighter option. Try Dungeon World, that gives Wizards a little bit more balanced abilities.
>>
>>48000201
We need drawfags for this now.
>>
>>48000377
That's still not how that works
>>
>>48000496
>>47998393
>>
Help me build a character, reddit!

Roll 1d10 to choose race!

1 d 1 0
d
>>
>>48000496
And Dungeon World fans claim that they don't proselytize obnoxiously.

People like you are the reason DW can't be discussed without turning into an autistic bitch-fit.
>>
>>48000258
>>48000293
Right on, I figured as much.

I'll probably grab up Polearm Master first and grab up Sentinel at my last ASI. Thanks anons.
>>
>>48000043
Am I reading this all wrong or are you saying that battlemasters were intended to start every turn with at least 1 superiority die? Because that'd make them pretty fucking unstoppable given how strong they already are.
>>
File: sigh...patheticmanchildren.jpg (103 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
sigh...patheticmanchildren.jpg
103 KB, 750x500
>>48000387

> my game is popular, therefore it's good

Argumentum ad populentum. Good to know that D&D 5e fans cannot argue their shit system and basically admit defeat with non-arguments.

Argue against my opinion properly, or get the fuck out of this thread. THose are your choices. If you cannot argue why D&D 5e is better than Dungeon World, then you do not deserve to play it.

People like you are the reason I printed out gore images, 32 to a page, using Windows Printer Wizard's thumbnail option, cut htem out, and inserted them into the 5e books of every game store I visit. I am so fucking sick of people like you who refuse to even TRY a FAR better system and instead limit yourself with overpriced garbage. Please enjoy continuing to play your fucking baby-ass WAR GAME while I enjoy actual roleplaying that doesn't limit me with garbage-ass rules invented by 48 year old manchildren working for Wizards of the Coast.

I am sick of trying to help you people, you are intentionally retarded and refuse to try to get better. Wallow in your shitheap while WotC jews you out of your money on a daily basis. The 90 bucks I saved by playing a different system could buy me a nice dinner out, or other fun gaming supplies. Whereas you wasted it on overpriced books for the pleasure of a system telling you "no, you can't do that."

Well, I can, because I play Dungeon World, a game that ENHANCES roleplaying instead of STRANGLING it!!
>>
>>48000527

Not a response. Respond properly, or you automatically lose the argument. I am so sick of fucks like you who cannot argue properly, you should all be killed, honestly, because you do not have the IQ to function in a human society.

>>48000552

So if you are using a toothpick to clean your carpet and I suggest a vaccuum cleaner instead, I am proseltizing?

Yeah that's what I thought. Come up with a real response, instead of your butthurt whining that just reveals that I am right.
>>
>>48000579
You're reading it wrong. They were intended to, after level 15, start every round with at least one superiority die.
>>
>>48000579
>>48000622
No, the original post was bait. 5e was never intended to have speed factor as its default.
>>
>>48000581
>I printed out gore images, 32 to a page, using Windows Printer Wizard's thumbnail option, cut htem out, and inserted them into the 5e books of every game store I visit
I want to believe
>>
>>48000579
Don't listen to >>48000629, he's a notorious troll in this general who dismisses everything that triggers his asperger's syndrome (which he has posted documentation to prove he actually does have it) by yelling "BAIT".
>>
File: CryingBaby.jpg (50 KB, 413x413) Image search: [Google]
CryingBaby.jpg
50 KB, 413x413
>>48000581

>We're going to have a DEBATE and you're gonna play by the RULES OF DEBATING or else you're wrong forever and ever and you're a dum dum and stop disagreeing with me!
>>
>>48000759
Ladies and gentlemen, the average 4chan/tg/5eg poster. Straight import from reddit.
>>
>>48000581
I didn't read the entire handbook but from what I did read it seems like DW is much more heavily focused on RP and rule of cool playstyle. While I agree that could be better for some people I personally prefer the very set and defined rules of 5e.
>>
>>47998456
Sorcerer with stealth, armor, and weapon profiencies. Can cast invisibility, haste, misty step, dimension door, feather fall. Pretty much covers all your bases.
>>
Can I use Wish to cast reincarnation along with contingency to then slit my throat and hope I become a sexy elf or halfling ?
>>
>>48000805
Only a sucker would pay money for heavy RP and rule of cool. You don't even need a rulebook for that. You're just playing pretend as an adult.
>>
>>48000843
So a sorcerer with a dip in rogue or bard? Or do you mean Dragon scale armor via the draconic heritage sorcerer?
>>
>>47998627
I think he means ninja as a ninja.
Not ninja as in "basically literally anyone who fights" like some Japanese stuff does.
>>
>>47999290
Speed Factor + Passive Initiative = Faster, more tactical combat.
>>
Can a chain pact warlock have a chain pact familiar as well as a familiar from the Find Familiar spell?
>>
File: 1464809463939.gif (992 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1464809463939.gif
992 KB, 250x250
>>48000496
>Try Dungeon World, that gives Wizards a little bit more balanced abilities.
>>
>>48001023

No.
>>
>>48000942
You don't need a dip into other classes to have weapon or armor profiencies. Per the DMG, it takes like 2 months to learn how to use a weapon/armor. Just include that you know how to use medium armor and martial weapons as art of your backstory. Assuming you aren't starting off as a level one, your DM should be okay with it - although it may get a little OP at higher levels, at lower levels the fact that you're not really taking DPS spells makes it pretty balanced.

Humans get a free skill of their choice, you can choose stealth. You could also ask your DM about choosing 2 custom skills instead of choosing a pre-built background.
>>
Question: do you even need monk levels to make a Jackie Chan type character?

It seems like you could do most of what he does with thief levels and the one feat that gives you superiority die.
>>
>>48000581
>Argue against my opinion properly, or get the fuck out of this thread.
I'd like to see your badge, officer. Y'know, the badge that lets you make demands of other people for no meaningful reason. Don't have one? Exactly as I thought.

With that out of the way, the way you've described it so far, all of our arguments consist of:
>my game is popular therefore it is better
Which would mean, based on your previous post and our argument, that you believe:
>My game is better than yours, partially because none of you play it because you're all fucking stupid and my rules are simpler than your complicated D&D wargame WAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Now I've noticed that your argument focuses heavily on the story and the fact that Dungeon World revolves entirely around it whereas D&D, as you yourself have stated, is based heavily on Chainmail, which is based on wargaming. This means that (gasp) the two systems are very much different in terms of their origins and purposes. Ignoring the obvious fact that this is like comparing apples to oranges, I am now going to tell you why Dungeons and Dragons is better than Dungeon World.

>Popularity
This may sound like a stupid reason, but if something is popular, that means that it's well known, or in this case, frequently bought and played. If a game is popular, that means it is much easier to find players and much easier to find players who are willing to play the game that you want to play (in your case, heavy usage of roleplaying, eschewing skill checks and the like to move the story forward.) Dungeon World is much less popular, otherwise there would, be a /dwg/.
>Variety
Thing is though, all of the people who play D&D might not to play a story oriented campaign. Perhaps they want a Gygaxian dungeon crawl or a military campaign, or aren't good at roleplaying and want to learn slowly. If people want to do any of those things and more, the DMG and MM are full of options for ambitious DMs, not to mention Unearthed Arcana and homebrew.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d6)

>>48001069
the Martial Adept superiority die should recharge on a 6. prove me wrong.
>>
File: RTFT Title.png (4 KB, 280x53) Image search: [Google]
RTFT Title.png
4 KB, 280x53
>>48001074
Here's your (you), now please leave
>>
>>48000581
>>48001109

Whoops, clicked the wrong post. DW players please leave.
>>
>>48001109
inconspicuous troll is inconspicuous
>>
>>48001109
Eh, it's cool. Happens all the time.
>>
>>48000581
>>48001074
I'm going to be honest, I want to see exactly how you reply to my argument, or if you've left already. I, and every other fucking person on this thread, would prefer the latter.
>>
>>48001105
>Martial Adept
>Turns you into a dragon
>>
>>48000122

Both together are the damage kings and work best together. PAM gives you a much more consistant extra attack than GWM does even though the damage comes from GWM.The cost [Hit penalty] is more consistent than constantly blowing slots for smite as well.Sentinel is best aired with PAM for freezing things in their tracks
>>
>>48001219
>unintelligent poster
>posts unintelligent post
>>
>>48001249

> for freezing things in their tracks

For freezing thing in its tracks*
>>
Dungeon World really isnt a good game if you want more role playing.
When it comes down to it DW is at its core just a lighter faster DnD.
>>
>>48000367
I love PBtA too but please stop
>>
>>48001313
But is it pretty good? No. Didn't think so.
>>
>>48001353
No not really. It provides a DnD-like experience but is largely unsatisfying and poorly written.
>>
>>47999835
oh i see, that sounds alright.
>>
>>48001290

Fuck off
>>
>>48001393

You only get one reaction per turn pal.
>>
>>48000581
>Argue against my opinion properly, or get the fuck out of this thread.
Holy fuck you are autistic. This is a 5e thread, I would advise you to make a Dungeon world thread but we both know it would die immediately since no one actually plays it.

Furthermore, your opinion is just that, an opinion. There is no fact to it whatsoever. You claim that wargame rules strangle roleplaying, yet it is an experience I have not had. I can tell you that my worst roleplaying experience is with Dungeon World. It is literally impossible for you to refute my opinions, just like it is impossible for me to refute yours. If you would like to argue in fact, you are welcome to, but you will have to do away with terms like "better" in the frame you mean, since it is entirely subjective and inarguable.

>>48000610
The argument is easy to win you fucking retard. You are creating a hypothetical dungeon master who has scenarios in his campaign that need spells to be solved, or are more easily solved with spell. This does not have to be the case, therefor your argument holds no weight. You COULD have a campaign where the DM says HOLY SHIT, YOU CAST MAGIC MISSLE? SHOWS OVER, YOU WON THE CAMPAIGN. Just like you could have a DM that makes you "win" D&D if you attack things with a greatsword, making spellcasters more useless than martials.
>>
File: TarnGrunwald.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
TarnGrunwald.pdf
1 B, 486x500
So I'm playing my first 5e game Thursday, we're starting level 20. I've made a 17 Fighter/ 3 Barbarian spec'd for dual-wielding lances. GM says we can fluff in whatever mount, what's a cool one? I don't really want to go too out there with flying or the mount being a combat machine or anything. I'm thinking my dude's a king of a northern kingdom or something, any thematic mounts for that?
>>
>>48001041
Though training may be allowed to learn different armor and weapon proficiencies, I would never allow it to be incorporated into backstory. Your training and adventuring to get to that point would just be your class levels and starting gear.

As for custom backgrounds, I've personally never played with a DM who didn't allow custom backgrounds, but I also play AL mainly.
>>
File: 1465096475742.jpg (63 KB, 362x334) Image search: [Google]
1465096475742.jpg
63 KB, 362x334
>>47999290
so, questions about this.
>If more than one modifier applies apply them all to the roll.
does that mean if you have say a shortbow, thats -7 because its a two-handed ranged weapon?
is a dagger +2? or +4 because its light and finesse?
hand crossbow is -3? or is a ranged loading weapon -10?
sorry i'm retarded (>>48001381 me)
>>
File: uwotm8.jpg (62 KB, 251x560) Image search: [Google]
uwotm8.jpg
62 KB, 251x560
>>48001444
>A level 20 starting game
>>
DnD is an okay system. It's acceptable. The only area where it is truly exceptional is in brand recognition. You can always find someone willing to play DnD, which isn't true for other mechanically superior systems, such as:

Dungeon World
Star Wars FFG
Any WoD.

That being said, I enjoy my time with DnD, which is sufficient, though I will always try to get my friends to play something other than DnD.
>>
File: immortal wizards.jpg (781 KB, 925x2272) Image search: [Google]
immortal wizards.jpg
781 KB, 925x2272
>>48001444
>20th level
>not playing anything with Wish
It's like you hate your entire party being immortal.
>>
File: 1466414551695.jpg (116 KB, 858x637) Image search: [Google]
1466414551695.jpg
116 KB, 858x637
>>48001444

>my first 5e game
>we're starting level 20
>>
>>48001444
If your DM allows it
DIRE WOLF

I must ask, though, why proficiency in woodworking?
>>
>>48001444
>First game
>level 20.
Someone is doing you a disservice.
>>
>>48001410
Fuck off
>>
>>48001469
It's a short campaign.

>>48001483
>>48001498
I usually play rules lite games, it's like always having Wish :^)

We're all experienced RPGers. GM's experienced at 5e.

>>48001499
>woodworking
Had to pick something for Battlemaster's Student of War. Figured I could make new lances if mine get broken.
>Dire Wolf
Should I just go through the Monster Manual? Does it have an indication of what critters can be mounts? Or is it "anything, GM's discretion"?
>>
>>48001452
The way I read it, each line is it's own thing.

For example, two-handed and heavy only apply in melee, and ranged (loading) is only a -5.

Hand crossbow is light, but isn't melee, so it'd be the same -5

Generally, you should usually only be applying one thing from the top chart. The exception is heavy two handed weapons, which are -4, but nothing else really combos. There aren't any heavy finesse weapons, or light two-handed ones, and the melee can't combo with ranged.

One grey area I could see would be casting Greenflame Blade that lets you attack as part of the spell, though for that I would say to just apply the weapon's speed rather than the 0 you would have from a cantrip.
>>
>>48001550
Not sure, though the PHB did list a cleric riding a dragon as a mount as an example when describing the rules for mounted combat.
>>
>>48001546

Even if I fuck off, you'll still only get one reaction per turn my man.
>>
>>48001596
Fuck OFF!
>>
>>48001596
fuck off.

You're right though
>>
>>48001450
Why though? You'd think if I trained my entire life to be a ninja I wouldn't show up to a new job and be like "hurr durr, how do I shuriken?"
>>
If I have no friends and there's nowhere in real life near me that hosts any sort of tabletop sessions, what do I do? Roll20 seems pretty overrun by 13 year olds and mexicans.
>>
>>48001618
>>48001630

I refuse.
>>
>>48001483
>clones mean immortality
But you still die.
>>
>>48001639
You are not looking hard enough. Put effort into it or fuck off. No one want's a lazy player.
>>
>>48001596
Well, his DM might allow tunnel fighter.
>>
>>48001642
>You are told to fuck off many times
>You refuse

Wait a sec....>>48000367 is that you?
>>
>>48001660
Not your soul, which is the important bit.

DnD operates with a dualism: the mind/soul is distinct from the body. The soul might even be distinct from the mind. So when your body dies, your soul goes to the new body, and what makes you you doesn't die.
>>
>>48001689

No, I don't play or know anything about DW.
>>
What do you do about a player that puts no effort into the game. He doesn't know what any of his stuff does and doesn't even attempt to roleplay he's a friend of mine but I might need to just make him watch us play.
>>
>>48001713
Fuck off.
>>
>>48001742

I still refuse.
>>
>>48000343
This Anon is a prophet
>>
>>48001738
Talk to him, duh.
>>
>>48001636
If you trained your whole life to be a ninja, you'd probably have levels in rogue.

With that said, between Dragon heritage, variant human, the criminal background reflavoured, and the weapon proficiency feat, you could easily make a sorcerer ninja with all the proficiencies you could need.
>>
>>47998443
Playing is overrated and being DM is the most enjoyable
>>
>>48000377
Wouldn't that just mean the cone fires from the horse instead?
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (97 KB, 1235x833) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
97 KB, 1235x833
>>48001444
I think I'll take an Allosaurus. Maybe I'll be a jungle\dinotopia king instead of northern frontier, it's a more interesting cliche.

Is there any official ruling on combining Manuevers and Feats (e.g. Lunging Attack and Charger) with mounts or is that too GM discretion?
>>
>>48000201
Both dwarves and half orcs Medium. Their weapons are the same size
>>
In your experience, in what circumstances have Tarrasques been employed, and what have the results been?
>>
>aarakocra, 1d4 unarmed
>Tavern brawler, 2d4 unarmed
>24 str, +7 damage from str mod
>+6 rage Damage
>Bonus action grapple
>Fly up 30 feet
>drop for 3d6 damage
2d4+3d6+13 damage
Best consistently applicable single punch damage possible???
>>
>>48000229
He'd probably kill whoever was responsible
>>
>>48001840
That's not a good argument. It's a magical ninja that I'm building clearly. You still haven't offered any reason why you can't have proficiencies not gained through a level, when the DMG specifically states it doesn't take that long to gain them.
>>
>>48000869
Wizards don't get Reincarnation
>>
>>48000805
>>48000871

That's because it's a better game.

> Only a sucker would pay money for heavy RP and rule of cool.

I didn't pay money for Dungeon World.

Only a sucker would pay money for the privilege of being limited by a bunch of arbitrary, poorly-designed rules.
>>
File: 1452792560290.jpg (37 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1452792560290.jpg
37 KB, 500x500
>>48001483
That seems like the most broken spell ever.
>>
>>48002049
It's fucking Wish, what do you expect?
>>
File: 1453230555605.jpg (33 KB, 604x193) Image search: [Google]
1453230555605.jpg
33 KB, 604x193
>>48000759

Still being a child, I see.

>>48000640

Well, I did it, so your belief is irrelevant. This is some Christian-tier bullshitting.

>>48001029

A gif of your faggot-ass dad does not disprove my argument. Try again.

>>48001074

So your excuses for playing D&D are, (1) you're too beta to find a group to play Dungeon World with, and (2) you suck at RPing. Nice!

Also, by your argument, Fifty Shades of Gray is good because it's popular and it's easy to find other people who have read it?

Yeah that's what I thought, your'e wrong again.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>48001961
Please respond?
>>
>>48001961
Tavern brawler doesnt add an extra d4
>>
>>48001380
>>48001313

Absolute bullshit. Dungeon World is nothing like D&D. It doesn't use the shitty swingy d20 mechanic, itu ses a fast and effective 2d6 system with simple resolution and better bounded accuracy than even D&D 5e, and it produces fast and fun results from its core mechanic, instead of having gay-ass rules for a shitload of specific scenarios, EVERYTHiNG is handled by a core mechanic and fiction first, so there is no paging through the rule book that you paid 150 dollars for.
>>
>>48002075

>Still being a child, I see.

It was my first time responding to you, just tired of seeing whiny cunts like you be absolute faggots. Nobody cares about your gay ass debate skills.
>>
>>48002075
>Well, I did it, so your belief is irrelevant. This is some Christian-tier bullshitting.
You can't seriously expect people not to doubt that. Any proof? Signs on the shops asking the culprit to stop or something?
>>
Bag of Holding and some other things say that they can lose items on the Astral Plane. Is there any way to get them back? Furthermore, is there any profit in trawling the Astral Plane for lost items?
>>
>>48001439
>If you would like to argue in fact, you are welcome to, but you will have to do away with terms like "better" in the frame you mean, since it is entirely subjective and inarguable.

Nope. D&D 5e bogs you down with rules that are not necessary such as stupid-ass initiative order shit and does not produce good roleplaying. Dungeon World does. Ergo, Dungeon World is better. Only a child refuses to understand this (like you). Do you also argue with the effieicny ratings of machines that literally state which machine is objectively better? Or are you the kind of fag who sticks to incandescents because they are "what he's used to" and is a fucking coward afraid of change?

Because you are a fucking. Coward. Afraid. Of. Change.
>>
>>48002081
But aarakocra already have a 1d4 unarmed so it's either that or an upgrade to a d8. Only makes sense
>>
>>48002075
this is some dedicated shitposting, I'm not even mad.
>>
>>48002143
Well thats like, your opinion, man.
>>
>>48002127

It doesn't matter whether you care, that is a feeling, and feelings do not matter. All that matters is logic, and if you cannot employ it, you are a subhuman who does not deserve to be allowed to argue on internet forums.

Anyways, you still have not refuted any of my points about why D&D is better. And were it up to me, you would have your D&D books taken away and burned, and you would be spanked like the recalcitrant child you are for refusing to even try a better system. That is the opposite of progress, and you are a disgusting human being for so dismissive of anything that might be slightly better than your shitty grognard-infested game.

You are a cancer on the world of RPGs. This "lol I dont want to try a new game so I'll just play Pathfinder" attitude has cost MILLIONS of gamers, and your cowardice is frankly disgusting. Please kill yourself as soon as possible. I pray every night for ISIS to destroy Wizards of the Coast or Paizo. Everyone there should die of cancer, aids, or anything else, for the utter CANCER they have infected the gaming world with.
>>
>>48002166
No it doesn't. 2/10 you got a response.
>>
>>48002225

Your faggotry doesn't matter. Go fellate a cactus, cunt.
>>
>>48002226
Okay, if you are going to tell me I'm wrong then actually tell me why you think I'm wrong.
>>
File: 64646947.jpg (111 KB, 500x349) Image search: [Google]
64646947.jpg
111 KB, 500x349
>>48002203

No, your opinion is that a game is good based on its popularity. That is utter shit. By that logic, fucking Michael Bay movies are god-tier. No they fucking aren't, Transformers 3 was utter shit and the dinosaur robots were the gayest shit I've seen on a screen since Neil Patrick Harris.

D&D Next is the same thing; it's gay shit. It's derivative, its crap based on war games with mechanics like Hit Dice and Alignment that RESTRICT your roleplaying.

DUNGEON WORLD DOES NOT DO THAT

SO WHY WOULD YOU NOT Try IT

DO YOU ENJOY BEING TIeD UP AND BASICALly FoRCED TO DO WHAT SOME CHILDISH PICTurE BOok TellS YOU TO DO?

Are you so fucking used to not having control of your life that you actively seek it out in your RPGs? I'm not even projecting here, faggot, I'm just speculating. Trying to find some answers. Because it is alien to me that you fuckers would put yourselves through this kind of grief, arguing over a fucking rule to a fucking toy board game for 12 year olds, that you wouldn't rather do what the STORY benefits from and play THAT WAY instead of playing to satisfy a fucking BOOK. RULES IN A BOOK... like they are your fucking elder god?

Do you enjoy being cucked? Or is there something I'm missing here?
>>
>>48002259
Why? The 2d4 thing is clearly your opinion. I disagree with it. Tavern brawler doesn't add dice, so you're wrong.
>>
>>48002259
Things don't stack, famalam. If you get one feature that says your unarmed attacks are 1d4, you don't suddenly get an extra 1d4 just because another feature grants you the same thing.

Source A: "Your unarmed attacks are 1d4"
Source B: "Your unarmed attacks are 1d4"

Neither of those say you get an extra 1d4 to your unarmed. Therefore, your unarmed attacks are 1d4 only.
>>
>>48002255

No. I will stay here. I am making a stand. I am CALLING YOU OUT on your bullshit. I am so fucking sick of your COWARDICE and I am CALLING YOU OUT.

This disgusting, pathetic, dismissive, close-minded shit is something I have literally only seen from the religious zealotry that is Christianity. Are you seriously sinking to their level? DUngeon World is a fucking FANTASTIC system and I cannot say enough good things about it. Yet you will not even try it because you are such an infantile piece of shit that you would ratehr wallow in a 30 year old system that is fucking DEAD, and has ZERO NEW IDEAS, while DUngeon World is FULL of them. Background? Try Bonds. Attack rolls and saving throws? Try MOVES. For fuck's sake fucking EVERYTHING that D&D does, Dungeon World ALSO DOES, except BETTER.
>>
>>48002285
Yes there's something you're missing.
>>
>>48002323
Dude. Chill. No ones gonna read your huge text blocks of screaming inadequacy.
>>
>>48002322
But I would add, because Aarakocra says you do 1d4 slashing, I'd say with tavern brawler you could choose either bludgeoning or slashing for your 1d4 hit. If one would be preferable in the situation. That's really the only benefit it gives.
>>
>>48002323

So you're not only a faggot, but a fedora tipper too? Jesus Christ man, are you intentionally trying to make yourself seem like the biggest manchild ever?
>>
>>48002323
Is this some intense role playing? You're doing a great job. If I were the DM I'd give you inspiration.
>>
Not sure what is worse: the troll or those that answer him.

Or maybe he is replying to his own posts. Yeah, that seems likely.
>>
>>48002143
>Do you also argue with the effieicny ratings of machines that literally state which machine is objectively better?
No, but you aren't arguing about machines or efficiency. You are arguing about fun, ease of roleplaying, and trying to be a special snowflake for loving a system that isn't that good. I just said I have tried dungeon world, and it was the worst roleplaying experience I have ever had. Ergo all your arguments are false.

At best you are just a person on the internet screaming at other people for liking what you don't like.

If you have any facts to back up DW being "better" I am all ears. Everything else is irrelevant and anecdotal at best.
>>
>>48002370

> Jesus Christ

Yeah you confirmed my fuckin suspicions right there.

Yes, I own a fedora! WHat of it? I don't wear the fucking thing.

That has NOTHING to do with me playing Dungeon World.

>>48002347

Well if you didn't read them, do not respond to them, is that obvious enough for you, you little fucking screeching monkey bitch? Go back to /b/ and post your gay-ass lulz shit with no investment like you don't even care about the world. That same lackadasical attitude is probably why you play D&D instead of tyring something better like DUngeon World, and this is why you drag all your friends down with you!!
>>
>>48002323

Lol. Anon you are right, Dungeon World IS better, but you are trying to convince people in a fucking 5eg thread of that. Yes, D&D 5e is a haven for bad roleplayers, but it is still easy to find games for, which is 90% of its appeal.
>>
>>48002417

Sad.

Now I shall fuck off.
>>
>>48002417
Dude. You are being the reason I will never play Apocalyps- I mean, Dungeon World. Which is derivative of nothing ever. Also, 2d6 is terrible, and so are you.
>>
>>48002411
>If you have any facts to back up DW being "better" I am all ears. Everything else is irrelevant and anecdotal at best.

How about the THoUSANDS of RPG posters on Reddit.com/r/rpg who have had their lives changed for the better by the discovery of DUngeon World? D Vincent Baker is a BRILLIANT man who has created a new way to roleplay by writing Dungeon World, and you are too busy sticking your head up your fucking ass playing the same 30 year old bullshit, to even care.

Just give the SRD a read. The core mechanics will blow you away with the storytelling potential. It is FAR better than what D&D does with lame, overlapping skills, and limits what you can do to satisfy "realism."

WELL GUESS WHAT

ITS FANTASY

THEREFORE ANY AND ALL REALISM, IS AUTOMATICALLY INVALID

Also dungeon world fucking SOLVES the caster supremacy issue you fucks always complain about. It SOLVES slow combat. It SOLVES overpowered builds. ALl these problems D&D has as a direct result of its insistence on shittery , Dungeon World SOLVES by simply NOT DOING THOSE THINGS and being a faster, smarter, better game.
>>
>>48001660
It's Lich-style immortality. You die but your come back in a different body.

Except without the suicide potion, the magic box, and the tendency toward evil. Honestly, liches in 5e are dumb, especially since they have to know 9th-level spells to become one anyway.
>>
>>48002312
Fuck off.
>>
File: 1452431112038.jpg (35 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1452431112038.jpg
35 KB, 480x360
>>48002417
>Yes, I own a fedora! WHat of it? I don't wear the fucking thing.

>That has NOTHING to do with me playing Dungeon World.

My sides are officially in fucking orbit friend. You have hijacked the thread and I am happier for it. 10/10 best trolling I have seen this entire year, made me feel good to read this.
>>
>>48002482

I refuse.
>>
I don't know who's baiting who anymore in this thread
>>
>>48002480
ehhh, you also dont have to be undead. which might have its own appeal.
>>
>>48002462

Well then you can't use a greatsword in D&D, can you?

Oh, and 2d6 is wayyyy better than your pathetic excuse for a core mechanic. Hello, I'm the d20, and I roll a nat 1 so that you fail even when you ahve fucking +10 because swinginess makes the game fun. Oh, you rolled a nat 20? AHAHHAA EPIC LULZ SENPAI YOU JUST CONVINCED thE ORC CAPTAIN TO FELLATE YOUR COCK GOOD SIR

Are you fucking kidding me?

2d6 has a smaller number range, so bonuses mean more, and it also has more predicatble results so you don't fucking fail things you are good at 50% of the time because the shitty-ass dice rolled wrong. Sure you still fail but Dungeon Worlds causes you to FAIL FORWARD so that no matter what you are always moving the story forward.

Does D&D do that? No, it's too busy worrying about which iniative system to use.

Sad and pathetic. And you pay 150 bucks for this """"privilege'""
>>
File: 901.png (241 KB, 612x461) Image search: [Google]
901.png
241 KB, 612x461
>>48002521
Keep going.
>>
>>48002166
Nope
>>
>>48002521
Failing Forward is stupid and bad. Also, a 1 is automatic failure on attacks.

Learn b4 you Burn
>>
>>48002470
>How about the THoUSANDS of RPG posters on Reddit.com/r/rpg who have had their lives changed for the better by the discovery of DUngeon World?

I mean if larger numbers of players make an RPG better than have I got new for you. Have you heard about the new Fifth Edition of Dungeons and Dragons? It is officially the worlds best selling table top role playing game! I would link you to a forum that discusses it, but it seems you are already found one!

You seem to have it confused for a Dungeon World thread though. Luckily for you someone just linked a place where that rpg is discussed! Try Reddit.com/r/rpg, I am sure you will find the community you are looking for there.
>>
>>48002521
You can't crit fail or crit succeed on skill checks
>>
>>48001559
ok thanks. i at first thought it was dumb but that plus group initiative seems kind of interesting.
>>
File: svh4s.jpg (19 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
svh4s.jpg
19 KB, 300x300
>>48002550

Explain how failing forward is stupid and bad. Is it because it doesn't fit int oyour shitty narrow tight box of what should and should not be in an RPG?

CLEARLY, ARGUING OVER WHAT INITIATIVE SYSTEM YOU SHOULD USE FOR YOUR ARBITRARY COMBAT SYSTEM, IS WORTH IT. SO WHY NOT SOMETHING THAT ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTES TO GOOD STORYTELLING??
>>
File: 52533526.jpg (164 KB, 468x558) Image search: [Google]
52533526.jpg
164 KB, 468x558
>>48002582

That argument is invalid.

Because the players who have discovered Dungeon World and love it.

Play it because it lets them escape from teh disgusting GARBAGE that is D&D, a game that REFUSES to evolve or improve in any way shape for form and tacks on 20 year old concepts like backgrounds and pretends they are new and fresh, when in fact they are rank old shit that are not even implemented in an interesting or creative way.

Of course it would SEEM creative and interesting to you, because you are a child who has epxerienced so little of the world of RPGs that it's not even funny.
>>
>>48002755
D&D did try to evolve when it was 4th edition.
>>
File: whatthefuck.png (158 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
whatthefuck.png
158 KB, 625x626
>>48002502
>>
are there any Mystic level 20 homebrews? I really want to play a Psion but the level 10 thing is annoying and I don't know how long it will take for the official version to release.
>>
>>48002521
3d6 is the superior system.
>>
20lb gnome commoner slap: 1 point bludgeoning damage
340lb goliath level 20 barbarian double-fisted hammer punch: 1 point bludgeoning damage

D&D, everyone
>>
>>48002962
4u
>>
>>48003012
>barbarian with 10 Strength
More like 6. Possibly 10 if they're raging.

Keep in mind that even the starting damage of a Strength character (usually 1 + 3 from 16 Strength) is enough to knock a commoner out cold, even threaten their life.
>>
>>48003012

you add your strength modifier and the barbarian would have more attacks, better criticals, and hit better due to advantage
>>
>>48003012
The barbarian would do a min of 3 actually and could just pick up a rock and turn into a commoner slaying monster.
>>
>>48003012
>340lb goliath level 20 barbarian double-fisted hammer punch: 1 point bludgeoning damage
really it would likely be 8 damage, maybe 12 if raging.
>>
This thread is a shitstorm of bait and you should all be ashamed for falling of it.
>>
>>48003060
I swear I haven't seen a thread with this many faggots for a while.
>>
>>48003060
>This thread is a shitstorm of bait and you should all be ashamed for falling of it.

shit, i just got here and im ashamed.
>>
>>48000385
How would changing systems let him do voices better?
>>
>>48003086
Fucking disgusting homophobe.
>>
>>48003093
Because muh Dungeon World.
>>
Can I use my penis for unarmed strikes?
>>
>>48003133
In theory yes but you will be kicked out of your group.
>>
>>48003133
Well obviously, what else would you use if you can't use your arms?
>>
>>48003143
Okay... do I add my strength modifier? Is it bludgeoning damage or slashing damage (like a whip)?
>>
>>48000581
Fallacy fallacy, pointing out a fallacy does not prove an argumentt wrong. That being said "stop liking what i dont like." You can play dungeon world, thats fine. But dont be a shill and go to a place where people want to discuss dnd to say how much better dw is. Its like going to a yankees gmeand blowing about how much more fun darts is and that darts is so much simpler and baseball will never measure up with its complicated rules and constant switching sides.
>>
>>48003177
Yes but monks can add DEX and Bludgeon if it's thick, slashing is it's thin, piercing if it's pointy.
>>
>>48003198
Mine is 6.5 inches in circumference, 7 inches in length. Can you stat it for me?
>>
>>48003224
Is it your characters or yours?
>>
>>48003252
Mine. What should I roll for my character's? Is there a race penis size base/modifier table?
>>
>>48003277
F.A.T.A.L has what you need.
>>
>>48003224
>Mine is 6.5 inches in circumference, 7 inches in length.

Sure it is, anon
>>
>>48003304
>a person has a slightly larger than average penis
>a person on the internet, no less
Yep, that could never happen. Dem insecurities. Stay mad, whyte boi.
>>
>>48001983
Because its powergamer as fuck to go "and he's studied and mastered every weapon and armor in the world so he gets to add his prof to all weapons."
>>
>>48002106
Who pays 150 for a rule book? And you're a pirate i see.
>>
>>48002962
2d8 + d6 -2 for that "d20 with a bell curve" action.
>>
How long would a penis need to be to qualify for the "Reach" property
>>
>>48002755
Then dont play dnd. But i do here that its pretty good
>>
How do I find a game online? I want to get into D&D but I've never been able to find a group anywhere near local, and I've looked.
>>
>>48003477
It would need to be at least as long as mine.
>>
>>48003494
Join Roll20 and look through their LFG.

Yes, it's a crapshoot. Yes, there is a lot of shit on there. But it's still the easiest way to get an online game.
>>
File: 1465076426391.png (43 KB, 607x465) Image search: [Google]
1465076426391.png
43 KB, 607x465
Friendly reminder that kitsune are coming.
>>
>>48003531
Kitsune != catfolk.

:3
>>
>>48003531
>that echo
kek
>>
hey 5 egg, what do you think of my character? he's a gnome.... wait for it... BARBARIAN!! he's 36feet tall, weighs 20 lbs and his penis is 6.5 inches girth and 7 inches long. his favorite weapon is the unarmed strike, spank.
>>
>>48003568
I wonder how much of those 20lbs is his penis
>>
>>48003607
just the tip
>>
>>48003607
>>48003616
do you guys want to erp with me?
>>
File: banepepe.jpg (86 KB, 399x425) Image search: [Google]
banepepe.jpg
86 KB, 399x425
you're a big guy
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.