[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has gender change ever been used not awfully in a roleplaying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28
File: 1449171256809.png (259 KB, 511x761) Image search: [Google]
1449171256809.png
259 KB, 511x761
Has gender change ever been used not awfully in a roleplaying game? Is there any justification for it to exist other than magical realming shit?
>>
>>47991753

It makes for a good 'baby's first cursed item' for new-ish players. No actual mechanical impact that puts them at a disadvantage, and forces them out of their comfort zone for a while because it demands recognition and response from an RP perspective.

It also teaches a valuable lesson to new players that sometimes things will happen to your character that they won't be happy with, but they have to deal with it anyway. If your group can't handle that, then you basically can't use even temporary mind control or all sorts of other effects or abilities or situations that without triggering the 'muh character' response.

People can and do use gender change for magical realm reasons, but that's not my problem.
>>
>>47991753
>Has gender change ever been used [...] in a roleplaying game?

To a first approximation, no. Statistically speaking, gender change approximately never comes up in an actual role-playing session, and when it does it's for a joke. Actual serious plot use or magical realming occurs so rarely it's not worth having general opinions or emotions about; it's like getting opinionated about the national epidemic of being struck by lightning.

Also, it's a good "harmless" curse. Inconvenient, less silly and more impactful than getting purple skin or whatever, but not crippling or painful. If you don't have a TG fetish, it's basically effortless to make it not fetishy.
>>
File: thumbnail_42341.jpg (14 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_42341.jpg
14 KB, 400x300
>>47991753
>mfw my DM gives me a secretly cursed genderswap item
>mfw everyone thinks it's hilarious
>mfw the other PCs hit on my character
>mfw they call me a pretty girl
>mfw the players laugh their asses off OOC
mfw this gives me a raging hard-on

I never asked for this.
>>
File: 1465893633471.jpg (214 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
1465893633471.jpg
214 KB, 600x620
>>47991753
>Has gender change ever been used not awfully in a roleplaying game?
All the fucking time, whether you mean switching the genders of a character or creating a world of reversed gender roles does not matter.

>Is there any justification for it to exist other than magical realming shit?
http://www.theonion.com/article/woman-takes-short-half-hour-break-from-being-femin-35026
Try this, I've heard it works wonders for your daily allotted intake of fun.

Personally I like it when a woman saves a man, not to prove any kind of "GRRRL POWAR" bullshit, but just because she loves him. Imagine that, a woman caring for a man.
>>
>>47992463
>Imagine that, a woman caring for a man.
Far-out Immersion-breaking magical realm bullshit of the nth degree.
>>
>>47992463
>>47992539
Good memeing, my lads. Good memeing.
>>
It's gone well in ERP games where magical realming is the whole goal.
>>
>>47992423
You never asked to be sitting under the table servicing them one after the other?

But... That's so wrong! What is WRONG with you?
>>
>>47991753
The system has a class that lets you shapeshift into people and gain their skills/class powers. So I get asked to spend a chunk of downtime shapeshifted into the GM's qt GF

You don't choose the magical realm, the magical realm chooses you.
>>
Man.
Remember that legendary potion hidden somewhere in the ruling castle of the lands in Fable 2?
The one created by the ancient Grandmaster aeons ago, and he was never seen again?
The one now guarded by an ancient old woman?

Good times.
>>
>>47992002
b-but -4 str
>>
>>47994451

No, because Fable 2 never got a PC port.
>>
>>47992539
>Far-out Immersion-breaking magical realm bullshit of the nth degree.
That's why we say she's really a guy who's been genderswapped. To make it believable.
>>
>>47997448
bromance is really the only universal truth
>>
>>47992565
How would you GM a TG magical realm game?
>>
File: 1456620623640.png (144 KB, 437x270) Image search: [Google]
1456620623640.png
144 KB, 437x270
>>47997448
Are you the prince (female) shitposter?
>>
>>47997918
Please be more specific.
>>
>>47991753
To remove the "Wrong Gender" modifier for disguise checks.
>>
>>47997949
>not describing your character as totally ambiguous ahead of time so the DM can't justify giving you a penalty either way
inb4 he gives you a penalty both ways
>>
File: 1454143406691.jpg (32 KB, 259x276) Image search: [Google]
1454143406691.jpg
32 KB, 259x276
>>47997949
>The bard fails his disguise check due to the "wrong gender" modifier
>He then rolls diplomacy to convince the guards that gender is a social construct, negating the aforementioned modifier

Get on my level scrub
>>
>>47997979
You mean Bluff.
>>
>>47991753
>playing a Flapper-Rogue in an Eldritch-Americana game
>sort of a cross between Call of Cthulhu and OSR
>drink from a magic fountain in an abandoned, monster infested hospital-dungeon
>nothing appears to happen
>GM private messages me
>my character has a vagina now
>I'd been playing a transvestite the whole time without telling the group
>not anymore
>>
>>47992423
>You can't help but to imagine a Babycakes song of this encounter.

Why did you leave us, Brad?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT8h4UmuN1Q
>>
File: d68ozxz.jpg (136 KB, 774x1033) Image search: [Google]
d68ozxz.jpg
136 KB, 774x1033
Tiresias.

That's it.

That's the one time it wasn't awful magical realm.

All subsequent times, it has been.
>>
File: thumbnail.jpg (48 KB, 468x305) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail.jpg
48 KB, 468x305
>>47991753
Gender change has never been used not awfully in anything. The entire concept was invented by John Money, a mad scientist from decades ago who tortured two twin brothers, one of whom he mutilated and exposed to female hormones so that he could photograph them performing mock-sex acts and other weird shit. Both later committed suicide. Money was never punished for torturing two children until they killed themselves.

There is not a single shred of evidence that "gender" actually exists, and every time you use the word, you're using the pseudoscientific justification a mad scientist pedophile used to get away with torturing kids and taking pictures of them naked.
>>
>>47991753
>Has gender change ever been used not awfully in a roleplaying game?
Absolutely. People are just more likely to talk about the times it's used horribly, which is why if you base your opinions off of /tg/ 99% of tabletop sessions are shit run by shit people.

Is there any justification for it to exist other than magical realming shit?
Like others have said, it's a good low-stakes curse. It can also be used to characterize the type of person who made the cursed item, be it a BBEG who likes to humiliate his opponents instead of killing them or a wizard who uses a lot of polymorphing magic.
>>
>>48000311

Can I buy drugs from you?
>>
File: circlewarrior.png (4 MB, 1919x1061) Image search: [Google]
circlewarrior.png
4 MB, 1919x1061
>>47992423
You are a very pretty girl, anon
>>
>>48000311
>John Money
huh, actually turns up on google search.

You make strange fruit
>>
>>48000038
>a greek myth
>not magical realm
>>
File: 1433153677183.gif (1 MB, 234x280) Image search: [Google]
1433153677183.gif
1 MB, 234x280
>>47994451
It was a short sequence of fucking around once you owned the castle.
>>
>>48000311
This is like a fap story but true, which makes it less hot.
>>
>>48001408
That's the thing, though. Their whole society was magical realm.

When everything is magical realm...

Nothing is.
>>
>>48001588
>less hot
For you, maybe.
>>
>>48001963
Then that applies to today's society too.
>>
>>47991753
why did the guy agree to be in a tg comic if he didn't want to fuck
>>
>>48002048
How on earth do you find it hot?
>>
>>48002120
Gore/Mind Break/Vivisection fetishes.
>>
>>48002140
I only like Incest and Humiliation.
>>
File: whatiswrongwithyou.png (16 KB, 1261x262) Image search: [Google]
whatiswrongwithyou.png
16 KB, 1261x262
>>48002120
>>48002140
>>48002170
>>
>>48002140
>>48002170
gb2flist
>>
>>48002616
What's a good site for ERP?
legit question
>>
>>47991753
You have implied that magical realming is awful.

It is not.

Good bait post tho I'm sure you will get lots of (You).
>>
>>48002089
Oh... Maybe he wanted to, like, DO /TG/ THINGS LIKE ROLING DICE, KILLING DRAGONS, LOOTING WHAT ISN'T NAILED DOWN, SHOUTING "STEEHL REHN" FROM A METAL BOX
>>
>>48002662
F-List has lots of folks from /tg/ on it. You can use tag search to find partners and a custom /tg/ tag to find other ca/tg/irls.
>>
Got a guy who is planning on playing a legit trap cleric that wants to be a real chick.

I also think trapcleric has a thing for my character.

It's honestly creeping me out.
>>
>>48002803
Ah yeah, I did see a group like that around. I stayed for some minutes, but I mostly saw people bitching about Fate and memes. I dunno if that's all to see in that group
>>
>>48002890
Don't bother with groups, just use character search to find people.

Link profile?
>>
>>48002868
Sounds magical realm. If I did it, it would be magical realm.

Roleplay it just like it's a chick character hitting on yours.
>>
>>47992564
There has to be at least one piece of fiction:

A. By a female author,
B. That stars at least one female and one male character,
C. Where the female rescues the male, because she likes him.
>>
>>47997448
>Man A gets turned into a Woman
>He decides that his goal is now to crusade around the landscape, saving villages and kingdoms, rescuing his old battle buddy from a dragon, and going on crusades together with him

>Man B gets turned into a woman
>Man B just wants to have 500 different penises inside him every night, caring nothing for bringing steel and light to beasts and infidels

What makes Man A and Man B so different?
>>
>>48003038
I'm going to pick the low hanging fruit and say 'the contents of their vaginas.'
>>
>>48002616
>>48002803
Is there a n00b guide to f-list?

I want to get started with the niche masturbation.

What partner(s) are currently "in demand" on f-list?
I won't do futa, and I'd prefer not to do animals, but other than that I suppose I don't really care.
>>
>>48003038
>What makes Man A and Man B so different?
I'd only be able to identify with the one well enough to roleplay as her.
>>
>>47997270

You weren't missing much.

For all the freedom bullshit the game spouted, if you didn't max Strength/Sword you plain died. I would've liked it so guns or magic could have equal chances of beating the game, but no.

Also the final encounter was fucking stupid. I felt as if I was robbed after it.
>>
>>48003038
The fun part is when you turn Man B into a dragon. He sets up his hidden lair right in the middle of the largest city on the planet, and constantly says "Oh no brave townspeople please do not adventure into my lair to plunder my treasures :3".
>>
>>48003119
You know what else is fucking stupid?

Mousing over this spoiler text expecting a helpful reply.
>>
>>48003098
>What partner(s) are currently "in demand" on f-list?
Doms and non-futas.
>>
>>48003163
God yes, I am MAXIMUM Dom. I especially love abusive emotional domination that takes place over a long-term period, mixing a lot of pain with a bit of pleasure to condition and groom my partner to suit my whims.

Is it mostly F/m (I assume), M/f, or F/f?
>>
File: technically correct.jpg (10 KB, 259x195) Image search: [Google]
technically correct.jpg
10 KB, 259x195
>>48003059
>>
>>48000311
>There is not a single shred of evidence that "gender" actually exists
That's what John Money was trying to prove, dude. He believed that gender was entirely societal and that by raising a boy as a girl he'd prove it. David Reimer wound up identifying as a boy despite his parents' and Money's best efforts.
>>
>>48003189
Yes I want to see your profile.

>Is it mostly F/m (I assume), M/f, or F/f?
I don't know which of those has the most, but for F/m and M/f it's doms who are in demand.
>>
>>48003262
Of course sex is innate.

>but then why are people trans

Structural or hormonal abnormalities. Often compounded by other personality issues. Has anyone tried treating trannies with testosterone (if they are M wanting to go F) or estrogen (if they are F wanting to go M)?
I wanna see if it works or if it doesn't work at all.
>>
It's like none of you have written a Drow storyline where you're enslaved by a conquering priest queen who is actually a male cursed to be a female and is now amassing an army to kill "her" sisters and take thier positions and wealth before.

Or a story where it's a backup plan to save a princess from being forced into an arranged marriage to prevent a kingdom from being joined with another.

Or a story where a characer is now abandoned by thier gods because thier vow was reliant on gender (vestal virgin, monk in a secret brotherhood) who must pick up the pieces and struggle without the powers they use to have.
>>
>>48002996
I think near the end of that animated Wonder Woman movie.
>>
>>48003307
Don't have a profile. Still looking for a n00b's guide to f-list.
>>
>>48003331
When you get one.

The closest things to a noob's guide is probably /erp/, or /erpg/ threads >>>/soc/23918721
>>
>>48003313
>Has anyone tried treating trannies with testosterone (if they are M wanting to go F) or estrogen (if they are F wanting to go M)?
>I wanna see if it works or if it doesn't work at all.
They've tried it. It doesn't work.

They've found, however, that MtF brains more closely resemble cis female brains than cis male brains and vice-versa for FtMs (although there are fewer studied FtMs) in multiple double-blind post-mortem excision studies, including in trans people that did not receive hormone treatment and cis people that did (for reasons like prostate cancer).
>>
>>48003331
Found one.

>>48003360
I already know how to ERP damnit, but f-list's site architecture is ... strange.
>>
>>48003369
Those places use F-List a lot, so they will be able to tell you how to do anything if you get stuck.

Yes, the site is awkward. But explore the dropdown menus and you'll find the options you need to start figuring it out. At least, I did.

Remember that your account is different from character profiles. Nobody else sees your account, just your profiles. PMs are called Notes.
>>
>>48003369
I haven't used F-list in years but unless it's changed significantly since last I did, your best bet is to
>go bare-bones at first, just typing up your character's bio without any fancy formatting and then going through the redonkulous list of kinks and checking the right boxes on the relevant ones
>as you learn more about fancy formatting, go back and edit to make it more streamlined

But that's just me, and I don't half-ass my masturbatory fantasies.
>>
>>48003424
Hang on. i'm reading f-list's TOS, and

>As such, the moderators shall have full discretion to address any behavior that they feel is inappropriate.
>As a general guideline for how to behave in public: Don't be a jerk. Don't troll, don't intentionally cause trouble ... don't harass people.
> It is not okay to harass or insult someone else, even if it is a joke or previous incident
>if someone is offended and is ignored when they ask for the behavior to stop, then this rule may be applied.
(Not allowed to)
>Intentionally insulting/disrespecting other people, or groups of people, in any form
>Continually starting/participating in arguments
>Failure to abide by direct instructions by an administrator, moderator, staff, or employee
>Setting a moderator to ignore
>Posting, commenting, or linking to a website that focuses on national, religious, racial, or political hatred
> Caustic/out-of-character discussion of any political party or individual
>Malicious references, comments, or imagery to hateful topics
>Public speaking of hateful or derogatory content
>Causing disruptions in chat rooms, such as picking fights, making repeated off-topic comments, and/or insulting other people
>Discussing controversial topics/ideologies in channels that are not designed to hold that sort of discussion

This does not seem to be a site that I would enjoy using.
>>
>>48003516
Yes, TOS's a often terrible and that one looks exceptionally bad. But your messages with another user won't be looked at by the mods unless your partner reports you. So basically just don't badmouth Hillary in public channels and you'll probably get away with it.
>>
>>48003573
I do notice a crapton of Anti-SJW stuff in it as well, so at least it's not onesided.
>>
>>48003365
>They've found, however, that MtF brains more closely resemble cis female brains than cis male brains and vice-versa
I think they've also found similar results when comparing straight and gay brains between genders.
>>
>>47991753
In a game I ran a long time ago, a belt (maybe a girdle?) of gender change was identified successfully and kept around by the party essentially as an emergency disguise kit.

Not the most interesting aspect of the campaign, but I'd say it was a good way to make use of the cursed item.
>>
>>48003619
What's the anti-SJW stuff? Those quotes the CoC, not the TOS, but I didn't see anti-SJW stuff in either. I think the do everything the staff say rule is especially bad.
>>
>>48003693
The studies, IIRC, state that actually Trans people basically have the brains of the gender they identify with instead of those of the body they genetically are thanks to misfiring hormones in-utero.
>>
>>47998856
he's making a show for adult swim now isn't he?
>>
>>48003365
iirc there's large minorities of cis men who have "cis female brains" and vice versa. So while there are two broad brain structures, they only roughly correlate with cis males and females. Something like 20-30%/80-70%.

So to imply that one particular group of biological males (mtfs) uniquely have this female trait, when they are a tiny fraction of the males who so, is disingenuous.
>>
>>48003734
>Whatever happens in-character, treat people out-of-character with respect.
>Repeatedly submitting invalid, incorrect, or unnecessary requests
>Reverse ignore evasion (ignoring a character, then sending them messages to which they can't respond)
>attempting to enforce the rules yourself or threatening someone with reporting if they don't change/do what you want is not acceptable.
>Indicating personal influence over staff decisions
>Do not confront people publicly over insults or harassment; that could get you in trouble yourself for escalating the resulting argument
>Likewise, announcing that you are ignoring someone in chat is malicious, and will result in action against you.
>Intentionally insulting/disrespecting other people, or groups of people, in any form
>Publicly announcing ignores or reports about another user
>Publicly complaining about site rules, a moderator, or moderator actions
>Posting, linking, or otherwise providing access to photographs that do not adhere to the quality seen in professional photographs
>A
>Whole
>Shit
>Ton
>Of
>Do not Dox
>rules
>Spamming a user with notes or private messages
>Some people believe it is acceptable to be rude to a group of people ... we do not tolerate that behaviour
(For private rooms)
> Examples of what we don't handle: Things that break the channel's own personal rules.
>Making a threat or attempts at blackmail, as a general rule, is never acceptable on F-List.
>Stating actions of suicide, self-harm/mutilation, depression-induced pain, or other malicious acts of self while out-of-character
>Blackmailing (demanding any kind of compensation, benefit, or advantage in exchange for any stated requirement)
>Threatening to cause any type of damage to any persons, company, or property via any forum or medium
>Stating, or alluding to, active campaign efforts against any persons, company, or property via any forum or medium
>>
>>48003786
>iirc there's large minorities of cis men who have "cis female brains" and vice versa
Interesting if true, do you have source?

I wonder about this. While it's true that humans are different, our brains are remarkably adaptive, and the amount of people pretending to be women online show that the average human has no internal trouble pretending to be the opposite sex.
>>
>>48003862
On the other hand, (((John Money)))'s experiments, and the brain differences in GID people, imply that there's some hardcoding in there as well.
>>
>>48003754
A study is, by definition, incapable of establishing cause or effect. In-utero androgen exposure is one of the leading theories for why transgender brains develop the way they do, but it's inconclusive and certainly couldn't be drawn from examining their brains once they're dead.

>>48003786
You're not QUITE r-ing c. There are a couple different areas in the brain that vary by gender; one of those (I forget which) was found to have a broader standard deviation in structure and tended to be more masculine in lesbians but not noticeably more feminine in gay men. The stria terminalis, however, has a much stronger correlation based on gender and a much larger natural dimorphism (it's three times larger in men than in women). The studies to which I'm referring studied the stria terminalis.

Interestingly, in MtFs who were attracted primarily to men, the stria terminalis was standard cis female size while in transbians it was just under halfway between cis female and cis male sizes.

I might be hazy on a couple details, but this is a subject I've had to look up many times.
>>
>>48003839
>>Whatever happens in-character, treat people out-of-character with respect.
That's very SJW. Someone can be a complete asshole and you're not allowed to hurt their feelings by admitting it.

>>Intentionally insulting/disrespecting other people, or groups of people, in any form
Same but for the entire world, not just users.

>>Publicly complaining about site rules, a moderator, or moderator actions
No ability for users to communicate abuses of power to each other. Just imagine if this stuff was in a nation's constitution: "criticism of the state is prohibited."

>>Stating, or alluding to, active campaign efforts against any persons, company, or property via any forum or medium
No Vivian James profiles then.
>>
>>48003945
>No ability for users to communicate abuses of power to each other. Just imagine if this stuff was in a nation's constitution: "criticism of the state is prohibited."

4chan has this clause you know.
>>
>>48003862
It was a study posted on /cd/. But take a look at the ones you were referring too and see if they mention it. To talk about "cis female brains" they must define what they mean by that, and you'll see if their definition also covers a quarter of cis male brains and excludes a quarter of cis female brains.
>>
>>48003786
That's kind of bullshit.

It just means there are two types of brain structures and one is more common in males and the other is more common in females.
It doesn't mean having the one more common in the other sex means you're actually that sex.
Just like a guy having tits doesn't make him "actually a girl".
>>
>>48003933
We really need to put a lot more effort into studying how trans-brains work, but I'm terrified that the Die-Cis-Scum members of thr LGBT community will keep it from happening.
>>
>>48003979
I am very well aware. I think it speaks a lot about the way the staff of 4chan and F-List see their relationship with their users.
>>
>>48003995
/cd/ on 7ch right?
>>
>>48004043
>It just means there are two types of brain structures and one is more common in males and the other is more common in females.
Exactly. Although iirc mtfs were usually in the male minority/female majority brain type. I don't remember if it was the same for ftms or even if that data existed.

>>48004050
No. But ask there and they might know it anyway.
>>
>>47998163
That depends on whether the Bard thinks he's lying or not.
>>
>>48004043
>>48003995
>>48003862
>>48003786
>>48003754
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v378/n6552/abs/378068a0.html

The study's been replicated a couple times, but I can't access those articles readily.

Also apparently it does claim to be evidence for the in-utero hormone hypothesis.

>>48004044
Which would be a bummer, because science is what gives you the power to lord over people who just say "my gut feeling says this is wrong!"

But hey, even if the neurology's not in yet, at least the psychology is. And there's clearly enough evidence for both the AMA and the APA.
>>
>>48002662
4chan
>>
>>48003903
>On the other hand, (((John Money)))'s experiments
Experiment, singular.

And it hasn't proven anything of the sort. Science doesn't mean if something doesn't happen one time it can't ever happen.

>and the brain differences in GID people,
Except brain differences are caused by things other than "hardcoding".
>>
>>48004166
Like?
>>
>>48004121
>dump Int
>max Diplomacy
>every Diplomacy boosting item, feat and effect
>convince people of everything I make up on the spot with Diplomacy because I'm so stupid I really believe it
>>
>>48004044
They'll let the science happen but only if "this supports in-utero" is slapped on the blurb when it gets published.

>>48004122
>Also apparently it does claim to be evidence for the in-utero hormone hypothesis.

>And there's clearly enough evidence for both the AMA and the APA.
Except those are political bodies which add and remove things based on the public mood.
>>
/tg/ we started with a magical realming item wat do bait thread

and now you are discussing neuroscience

/tg/ I worry about you
>>
>>48004192
Thinking about something.

The brains of taxi drivers have the portion that deals with mapping enlarged.

These quacks probably think this means taxi drivers are hardcoded into their profession.
>>
>>48004225
>Except those are political bodies which add and remove things based on the public mood.
Well that's not really what they did with smoking or alternative medicine or the AFA or its support of temperence.
>>
>>47991753
I once played with a roleplaying hater GM who would always perma-swap the genders of every character to the players real life gender.
>>
Fuck neuroscience.
If you're born with a perfectly healthy male or female body, that's what your sex is.
If your brain makes you exhibit behavior more typical of what society expects from the other sex, that's society's problem to deal with.
The fact that surgery and hormonal therapy is considered a reasonable "treatment" for a physically healthy individual with social and psychological problems is incredibly stupid.
>>
>>48004270
Well, did their tendency towards memorizing maps start in childhood?

Is there an identifiable skill or repeated thought which could cause the part of the brain responsible for gender identity and the processing of anxiety to either grow or shrink as the individual case may be?

Is "a thought" the same thing as "expressing a practiced skill"? Do stoners have a notable difference in the part of the brain responsible for "just, like, stuff"?

>>48004353
There's the fact that hormones and surgery reduces the suicide rate by roughly 90% and causes a marked increase in general happiness. That's probably a factor.
>>
>>48004353
Also you realize you just said "fuck actual science, I have an opinion!"
>>
>>48004378
No, i said "fuck this area of science because it's irrelevant to the issue"

>There's the fact that hormones and surgery reduces the suicide rate by roughly 90% and causes a marked increase in general happiness
I've seen statistics pointing in the other direction too.
>>
>>48004370
>Is there an identifiable skill or repeated thought which could cause the part of the brain responsible for gender identity and the processing of anxiety to either grow or shrink as the individual case may be?
Obviously every way in which a biological male's thoughts are in line with those typically of a woman will result in his brain becoming used to the thought patterns of women. Brains are malleable.

And then you have an adult whose brain is proof her was a woman from the day he was born.
>>
>>48004401
The study of the brain isn't relevant to the study of one's thoughts or one's body?

You've seen an intentionally misleading study that compares transgender people both pre- and post-treatment to the general population. I've seen it too.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0016885
>>
>>48004353
I have no problem with people getting hormone treatment or surgery if it helps them. My main issue is the claim that after they go through with those procedures they actually are their new gender. I'm fine with being accepting but you don't get to decide whether you're a man or woman. It's a ridiculous 'emperor has no clothes' situation.
>>
>>48004370
>There's the fact that hormones and surgery reduces the suicide rate by roughly 90%
[citation needed]

>and causes a marked increase in general happiness.
[citation needed]
>>
>>48004420
>The study of the brain isn't relevant to the study of one's thoughts or one's body?
What these studies are trying to find out (correlations between brain structure and transsexualism) is irrelevant.

Doesn't this study you posted work against your hypothesis? If it's the misleading one you said, then it's not just misleading it's either straight up lying, or telling the truth.
>The overall mortality for sex-reassigned persons was higher during follow-up (aHR 2.8; 95% CI 1.8–4.3) than for controls of the same birth sex, particularly death from suicide (aHR 19.1; 95% CI 5.8–62.9). Sex-reassigned persons also had an increased risk for suicide attempts (aHR 4.9; 95% CI 2.9–8.5)
>>
>>48004511
Wait nevermind
>than for controls of the same birth sex
So the control group isn't composed of transexuals? What's the point then?
>>
>>48004406
They're not THAT malleable. Even in cases of extreme abuse, the learning centers of the brain shrink by about 10%. It'd be pretty strange if "thinking feminine thoughts" could result in a 50% shrinkage to the stria terminalis, or that "thinking masculine thoughts" could result in a 100% growth. Especially since that'd make it seem like there'd be more variation between, say, a lumberjack and an accountant.

>>48004535
I did link the wrong study, though. I did find an article that interviewed the person who performed the study where he griped about people misinterpreting his data, though, since it was never his intention to demonstrate that trans people were more likely to commit suicide after transition.

I also found this: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2265.2009.03625.x/abstract
>>
>>48004464
So how does de la Chapelle syndrome and Swyer syndrome fit into this world view of yours?

Considering people with these conditions are treated and viewed as male and female respectively in all regards except for their two sex chromosomes.
>>
>>48004464
>I'm fine with being accepting but you don't get to decide whether you're a man or woman.
That's right. Your brain decides. And you can take hormones and get surgeries to make your body more closely match your brain and hopefully get society to accept you as such.
>>
>>48004554
>They're not THAT malleable.
This isn't just some fact you've invented is it?

>It'd be pretty strange if
Why?

>Especially since that'd make it seem like there'd be more variation between, say, a lumberjack and an accountant.
Why is that hard for you to believe?
>>
>>48003695
>a girdle?) of gender change
It's funny, you never hear about the time one of those was actually one of the ones that removes all sexual traits from the wearer. Odd, given that that's a 10% chance.
>>
>>48004605
I didn't invent any facts. You created the fact that
>Obviously every way in which a biological male's thoughts are in line with those typically of a woman will result in his brain becoming used to the thought patterns of women.
and I pointed out some of the holes in that fact you created. Because change that dramatic yet unguided would be unprecedented in what we know about the brain.
>>
>>48004614
>have genderbender fetish
>keep mentioning the girdle to the DM in the hope he puts it in the game
>finally find a mysterious girdle
>insist on being the one who tries it on
>DM says to roll
>roll 10%
>all sexual traits removed
butthat'stheoppositeofwhatiwanted.jpg
>>
>>48004578
If someones brain decided to remove his hands and stitch them on their nipples, would that also be completely up to them?

Now i realize its a much more extreme situation but its the same reasoning, i just wonder where you draw the line and why.

Too bad i have to go now and this thread will probably be deleted.
>>
>>48004626
I notice you ignored my questions to your arguments from disbelief (a known fallacy).

>I didn't invent any facts.
Yes you did. You claimed a limit on how malleable the brain is. Which you now seem to be saying, correct me if I wrong, was pure invention? Exactly as I suspected but that you now deny?

>You created the fact that
Please tell me which if any part of that sentence you believe is wrong.

>unprecedented in what we know about the brain.
Here we have it. Your lie about the brain's malleability is just a wild guess on your past, based on comparing a few different percentages referring to very different things.

Pseudoscience.
>>
>>48004578
The difference between self mutilation and sexual reassignment are rather minuscule, and largely only differ in the perception of acceptance.

A person who attempts to remove their own eyes is seen as sick and treated until the urges fade if possible.
A person who thinks they are a bird and jump off buildings to learn to fly are seen as sick and treated as best as possible to stop them from doing so.
A man who thinks they are a woman get surgery and are told how heroic and brave they are.
>>
>>48004325
>roleplaying hater GM
My eyes are bleeding.
>>
>>48003365
No.
It's gay brains that resemble those of the opposite gender.
Trans brains are just misshapen and weird.
>>
>>48003778
Yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTg6e0SOL4g&index=1&list=PLxVaGeLgnhk33GQ2UqKgQ-GorHKD3hMf-
>>
>>48004578
>Your brain decides.
Except it doesn't and brains aren't even as gender dimorphic as bodies.
>>
>>48004370
You do realise that post-ops are more likely to kill themselves than pre-ops right?
>>
>>48004639
Are there records of people wanting to have their hands removed and stitched to their nipples dating back for thousands of years and archaeological records older than writing?

Does taking steps towards having his or her hands removed and stitched to the nipples have noticeable improvements in his or her mood and quality of life?

Would it be of significant detriment to his or her overall physical or mental health?

>>48004663
>A [trans wo]man who thinks they are a woman get surgery and are told how heroic and brave they are.
Only very recently, you'll recall. Conversion therapy is still a thing, it's just that its success rate is near 0%. So, being scientists, they go with the thing that works. Now THAT'S crazy, amirite?
>>
>>48004240
Um...uh...it's summer?
>>
>>48003315
>Drow male gets turned into a female
>is anything other than ecstatic about it
0/10
>>
>>48004706
Man refers to a male human, what a person believes themselves to be is irrelevant.
>>
>>47997827
Step 1: GM it like a regular tabletop game
Step 2: sprinkle collectively-agreed upon magical realm elements everywhere
Step 3: keep scheduled session to regular adventuring, erp out sexy parts on the off-time

OH yeah, and do it all online because otherwise it's creep factor goes way up.
>>
>>48004704
Read the thread, dude.

>>48004703
>As has been shown in multiple studies (which have been linked in this thread), there's significant correlation between gender identity and brain structure, including in those where it would otherwise contradict their assigned sex. This suggests the function of the brain, specifically the stria terminalis, determines gender.
>NUH-UH, NO IT DOESN'T
You certainly showed me.
>>
>>48004722
In scientific terms, a statement that can neither be proven nor disproven is by definition meaningless. If you're willing to state outright that there's no evidence that would convince you gender identity is independent of assigned sex, then stating that fact will add nothing to the conversation.
>>
>>48004658
You also didn't really respond to what I said. You made up a fact. The burden of proof is on you to show that "thinking male thoughts" can double the size of a part of the brain. I'm under no obligation to show otherwise until you show me this is at least plausible.
>>
>>48004748
I'm saying that the term i used, man, is used to refer to a human male in the english language, and that what people want to think of themselves as is not relevant to whether or not they are a human male.
I will not change the language i used because it was accurate, regardless of feelings.
>>
>>47997827
>>48004729
Or if you mean specifically genderbending magical realm
>characters have a sliding scale of gender identity*, from male to female
>manly barbarian starts full male, sexy sorceress full female, traps are on the opposite end, maybe have special modifier for them wanting to trap it up regardless
>permanent genderchange magics all over the place
>whenever somebody gets flipped, they begin acclimating to the change, their slider gradually going to their current physical state
>if they run into another genderflip soon enough, they'll be happy to change back but maybe retain some traits of other gender
>if they went fully used to their new gender, the next flip is going to again be as uncomfortable as the first was, and the slider starts gradual path back
>thus allowing you cyclically play gradual behaviour changes with same characters
*pls no shouting about tumblrs, this is actually a total mockery of RL gender stuff
>>
>>48004765
>man, is used to refer to a human male
It's also gender-neutral.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_(word)
>>
>>48004464
Other anons are discussing the science with you, so I'll ask from a social angle: why does a person saying they're A when they were born with B genitals bother you?
>>
>>48004730
Both your claims have been proven wrong. Read the thread.
>>
>>48004771
fair enough, but that only further supports my original usage.
>>
File: 1434177068059[3].png (205 KB, 420x426) Image search: [Google]
1434177068059[3].png
205 KB, 420x426
>>48000038
>Not magical realm
One of the first things Zeus asked Tiresias after he turned back into a woman is whether he enjoyed sex more as a man or as a woman. Tiresias then said sex is 100 times better as a woman. For some reason (does she ever need a reason?) this pissed of Hera so much she made Tiresias blind, but Zeus compensated for it by making him a seer. A blind seer.

Everything about that screams magical realm. Pretty sure the first thing Tiresias thought when he was turned into a woman was "Welp, time to take a million dicks!"
>>
>>48004760
Except I didn't claim that.
>>
>>48004773
Because I find it dishonest. Btw it hasn't been me replying to all those posts.
>>
>>48004765
Problem is it's not accurate, and language changes all the time. Drawing a line in the sand here is instantly betrayed as not being about linguistic integrity by the fact you don't seem to have a problem with any of the other changes that have happened to language in the last however-many-years.

After all, we no longer officially call PTSD "shellshock", because it's not accurate. Pluto is a dwarf planet now, because it's more accurate. Calling M. Night Shyamalan a hack that got lucky is more accurate than calling him "The Next Spielberg", which is what they used to call him.

>>48004781
Really? Where?

>>48004791
>>Is there an identifiable skill or repeated thought which could cause the part of the brain responsible for gender identity and the processing of anxiety to either grow or shrink as the individual case may be?
>Obviously every way in which a biological male's thoughts are in line with those typically of a woman will result in his brain becoming used to the thought patterns of women.
It's pretty ballsy to lie in a format where what you say is automatically recorded.
>>
>>48004795
It can be incorrect depending on one's views of transsexuality, but dishonest? If they sincerely believe they're A, saying they're A isn't a lie.
>>
>>48004770
The slider idea is interesting. I'd play a game with it.

>this is actually a total mockery of RL gender stuff
Is that what the thread is saying?

>>48004790
Indeed. This could straight up be a character in a Magical Realm game.
>>
>>48004813
The quote simply doesn't say what you're claiming it does, as you'd know if you read it. That's another lie of yours, on top of your previous ones:
>that "They're not THAT malleable."
>that the different thought processes among men and women contribute to the stria terminalis average size differences
>that "there'd be more variation between, say, a lumberjack and an accountant."
A catalog of lies recorded right in this thread. Pretty ballsy of you.
>>
>>48004856
>>that the different thought processes among men and women contribute to the stria terminalis average size differences
That's what you've been claiming. You even used the word "Obviously". That's the belief for which I've been mocking you.
>>
>>48004833
>Is that what the thread is saying?
I typed that post before getting to when the john money shitposting started and I actually don't care to read what is being slung about and participate in it.
>>
>>48004781
It's waaay past my bedtime. If you ever get around to finding those posts I'll check it out in the morning.
>>
>>48004863
>You even used the word "Obviously".
Correct, I said the word "Obviously". Your post contains a single truth.
>>
>>48000311
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Money#Controversies
>For several years, Money reported on Reimer's progress as the "John/Joan case", describing apparently successful female gender development and using this case to support the feasibility of sex reassignment and surgical reconstruction even in non-intersex cases.
Money's lies were to help transition be a thing.

>Money claimed that media response to the exposé was due to right-wing media bias and "the antifeminist movement."
He blamed the right for what he'd done.

>He claimed his detractors believed "masculinity and femininity are built into the genes so women should get back to the mattress and the kitchen."
His "scientific" views were a political opinion that he wanted to prove for political reasons.

>Money then recommended a surgical procedure to create an artificial vagina, which the parents refused.
>From 22 months into his teenaged years, Reimer urinated through a hole that surgeons had placed in the abdomen.
>David and his twin brother (Brian) alleged that Money forced the twins to rehearse sexual acts involving "thrusting movements", with David playing the bottom role.
>Money also forced the children to take their "clothes off" and engage in "genital inspections".
Jesus fucking Christ.

Yet idiot myth-peddlers like >>48003903 still think somehow being raised like this and not turning out as a happy young women means gender roles are somehow hardcoded.
>>
>>48004894
>Money's lies were to help transition be a thing.
Money was anti-trans. He wanted to prove that since gender was just a social construct, transgender people were just raised wrong. He only wanted to perform reassignment surgery on infants with congenital genital deformities, not adults.

And they usually point less to his suicide and more to the fact that he never identified as a girl, despite being told he was one his whole life, quite aggressively.

You were saying something about myth peddlers?
>>
>>48005107
>and using this case to support the feasibility of sex reassignment and surgical reconstruction even in non-intersex cases.
>>
Discussing science instead of trading greentext stories about adventurers being turned into cute grills.

Worst /tg/tg thread.
>>
I once threw a cursed belt of opposite gender into a loot pile during a pathfinder campaign. It was part of the collection of a long-dead King who'd collected a bunch of magical items, some positive and some negative.
Party swashbuckler got caught and as such spent the next few sessions as a woman.
Player later posted on a tumblr community about it. An exaggerated version of events, but still.
http://dndstories.tumblr.com/post/131635907719/an-unexpected-lesson-in-gender-studies
>>
I don't get trannies. I too sometimes think that maybe I'd be more comfortable as a woman, but until science and medicine advance enough that you can effectively become a woman (if infertile), I wouldn't ever consider transitioning. As feminine as some trans may look, they're still fundamentally dudes on estrogen with mutilated genitals.
>>
>tfw unwittingly changed my gender in Dark Souls 2, and never noticed until approximately halfway through the game because of how the armor works

It was awkward.
>>
>>48005930

What I don't get is trannies who want to play trannies in RPGs. Like, for what purpose? You can ACTUALLY be the woman/man you wish you were, why would you choose to be a faggot in your escapist fantasy?
>>
>>48004790
Are we just going to ignore the whole "Tiresias straight up told a stranger he was going to fuck his own mother and it happened"?
>>
>>48002089
Sometime you just wonder about the other side anon. Or maybe he was still a strait guy in a girls body.
>>
>>48005574

Thanks for sharing :)
>>
>>48007734

Or they were hoping for some girl on girl action.
>>
>>48005930
Most of the time it boils down to, would you like to be less on fire?
>You:, Nah, untill they come up with a cure for it I'll pass.
But most of the time it also boils down to you don't notice the ones that pass because they pass.

>>48007499
Sounds like they either A: want to be partially a girl, and/or B: want recognition and acceptance just as much or more than their dysphoria among their peers.

Either way, I pretty much agree with your attitude. Why should I ever bother making a character who's goal it is to be a girl when I can have my cake now?
>>
>>47991753
I enjoyed playing as a shifter (half-doppelganger) in Eberron. Looking just different enough every time I get caught at something shady means I get off scot free and can just walk away.
>>
File: tuck.jpg (42 KB, 495x636) Image search: [Google]
tuck.jpg
42 KB, 495x636
>>48004629

Consider yourself lucky to at least have had the opportunity to blow it. Most of the people I play with that GM are either far too self aware or far too serious to ever consider putting something like that into one of their games to begin with, so I'll never even get the chance to try.

Which is, you know, kind of a bummer.
>>
File: Chevalier d'Eon.jpg (84 KB, 800x951) Image search: [Google]
Chevalier d'Eon.jpg
84 KB, 800x951
>>48007499
What if I want to faithfully serve the Bourbon monarchy as a spy?
>>
>>48004748
Of course "gender identity" varies and is independent of sex, it's a psycho-social construct, it can be LITERALLY anything.
>>
>>48007499
While playing a straight-up girl has an obvious logic to it, it doesn't have the backstory of experiencing being male and deciding against it. Being forced into being a girl is also hot for a lots of people with dysphoria, probably because it means experiencing the change like they wish they would, instead of just having been a girl all along, making it unremarkable.
>>
Have seen it happen not awfully a few times before in games. But for every non-awful use, there's like thrice as many awful uses.
>>
>>48004378
I'm sure people said that when issues were raised with phrenology and its findings, but no, science is never wrong and this brand of neuroscience is clearly well developed and not currently at a point where we're just shooting into the dark.
>>
>>48008137
>D'Éon claimed to have been raised as a boy because Louis d'Éon de Beaumont could only inherit from his in-laws if he had a son.
My next lewd character will be the reverse of this, a boy later raised as a girl to keep her out of inheritance or allow a political marriage.
>>
>>47992423
I knew a similar feeling of realization, but it was all my own fault.
>>
>>48004828
No, they don't think it's a lie. Calling a circle a square doesn't make it a square, no matter how much someone thinks it is.

I'm fine with people identifying as a man or woman, regardless of their sex, but they can just say they were born as a man/woman and identify as a man/woman if they don't want me to see it as dishonest.

I'm a different anon than >>48004795
he just said what i was thinking
>>
>>48009241
>making it unremarkable
This isn't actually a problem for most trans people. I look despondently at cute clothes I will never have gotten to wear because the only ones who socially can wear such thing and look good in them are 8 year old girls.
>>
>>48004492
We have a copy pasta just for morons like you.

http://pastebin.com/DGMCW0ds
>>
>>48005930
They simply find it much more uncomfortable to not be women than you. At the other extreme, some people would say the same as you but demand pregnancy too. It's just a matter of how close to being beautiful cis girls you/they're willing to accept.
>>
>>48009765
That doesn't back up either of that posters claims and is partly just quotes stolen from wikipedia. Nice try, shitposter.
>>
>>48004765
>I will not change the language I use because it was accurate regardless of feelings
Ironically you are in the right here, but you are also completely misunderstanding how language actually works. Man and Woman are words in a subjective language known as English, a live language that is constantly changing. Just as it was once correct to go out back to smoke a fag, it is now not correct. In other words the only thing keeping you in the right is the prevalence of your opinion. Once a supermajority of people start using the words to define men and women in a way that would be incluse to transgendered individuals then that will be all it takes to get the definition changed. It's also why it's not wrong to use the word as such, even if it's more correct to use it your way.
>>
>>48009821
>science doesn't count if it's widely available.
Yeah no
>it doesn't prove peoples lives are improved
Yes it does.
>>
>>48005107
>Money was anti-trans.
>He wanted to prove that since gender was just a social construct, transgender people were just raised wrong.
You're assigning ideology to a scientific position. This is probably the same as how you take the scientific position that being trans is in some way innate and consider this view politically to be the "pro-trans" view.
>>
>>48009747
Maybe I'm the minority or just a filthy fetishist, but I enjoy roleplaying the process of learning to live as a woman, on top of simply playing a female character.
>>
>>48009870
This post is bereft of half the necessary qualifiers to count as coherent.
explainfurther.jpg
>>
>>48009938
I wouldn't say I couldn't enjoy that, but it'd be a very rare character for me. And given my tendencies, I doubt it would have anything to do with trans issues instead of just control issues.
>>
>>48005574
Is there something to masturbate to behind this link, or is it not going to be worth my time?
>>
>>48009962
Why would it be so rare for you?

Control issues as in submissiveness? I'd have that too.
>>
>>48010223
I'd rather spend my time role playing characters that fulfill some absence in my life that I yearn for, and the number of characters I can play is thusly limited.

And yes you are on the money.
>>
>you will never be a cute trap
>>
>>48010345
I'm not transitioning so I'll likely never experience becoming a woman. So maybe a character that does have that experience fill an absence in my life that it wouldn't in yours, assuming you are transitioning.
>>
>>47991753
TG is best fetish

Except when actual trannies get involved
>>
>>48010435
For me the threat of baldness and facial hair for the rest of my life is genuinely suffocating.
>>
>>48010510
Things like that bug me, but nowhere near enough to transition. Even my equipment downstairs isn't torture for me.

What I really want is to be pretty, be treated as a girl and have a boyfriend who treats me as one. Transition can't give me that.
>>
>>47992581
Tfw no qt cd fag to play share with my group ;~;
>>
The 'identity slider' idea discussed upthread is a really REALLY common mechanic in games featuring TG, especially in adventure games like in RAGS.

>>48009241
>Being forced into being a girl is also hot for a lots of people with dysphoria
And for people who just have a fetish.
I'd think they would like it more for the catharsis from the change being explicit.
>>
You sick fucks didn't event consider the possibility of swapping female to male.
>>
>>48010631
I find it cathartic for my character to be changed into a girl and to simply be one.
>>
>>48009702
In my experience, that's what transpeople do, at least in real life.

I've known seven transwomen and one transman, and all of them, even the transwoman who was a total asshole, were honest about their situation.
>>
>>48010695
As a fetish, I like MtF, but get this overwhelming feeling of loss when I see FtM. Maybe it's some kind of instinctual 'preserve the species' bullshit, but it makes me profoundly sad.
>>
>>48012020
That's weird.
>>
File: ybYgFRc.jpg (373 KB, 1200x1713) Image search: [Google]
ybYgFRc.jpg
373 KB, 1200x1713
>>48012020

In fetish terms, magical FtM isn't appealing to me purely because it means the total amount of CUTE in the world just went down.

As opposed to magical MtF where it just went up.
>>
>>48012379
Magical MTF is humiliating and can be part of a domination or submission fantasy. Magical FTM, not so much.
>>
>>48011743
I'm totally ok with that then, best of luck to them.

I was saying that
>>48004828
was wrong.

I couldn't let someone be wrong on the internet.
>>
>>48004828
>can be incorrect depending on one's views of transsexuality
What's correct doesn't depend on views. Opinions != reality.

>but dishonest? If they sincerely believe they're A, saying they're A isn't a lie.
There's no line between a lie and a delusion, just a gradient of willful ignorance and presenting assumption as fact because it's more comfortable than self-examination.
>>
>>48012850
Not only do I disagree with your first statement, and hate all the comics that agree with it, but ALL of the FtM that I've seen has always been non-con, humiliating, and/or domination fantasy.
>>
>>48004353
>If your brain makes you exhibit behavior more typical of what society expects from the other sex, that's society's problem to deal with.
That's not the actual problem with gender dysphoria.
>>
>>48007499
[Spoiler]Maybe they like who they are in real life[/Spoiler]
>>
>>48013099
They don't have dysphoria then, they're just Tumblrcunts.
>>
>>48013122
Maybe people can like themselves even if they have a disorder
>>
>>48013169
I want Tumblr to go and stay go.
>>
>>48013081
What is it then?
>>
>>48009612
If you have proof that all the evidence for this field is incorrect, put it in a paper and get it peer-reviewed. Phrenology was developed before the definitions of science were formalized around the turn of the 20th century. Back when the approach of "make up an idea, then say things conform to it after the fact" was the norm rather than "make a prediction, and accept the possibility that can be disproven".

We can state that phrenology was wrong specifically because of the same methodologies that make modern science function. Your reasoning is actually self-contradictory; if modern neuroscience were as ambiguous and specious as you're alleging it is in this one particular case, then there'd be no reason to believe phrenology wasn't false, because there'd have been no improvement in the scientific method in the last 300 years.
>>
>>48009702
>Calling a circle a square doesn't make it a square, no matter how much someone thinks it is.
That's exactly what trans people believe, you realize. Something is a square even if people tell insist it's a circle its whole life.

>>48009870
>You're assigning ideology to a scientific position.
When someone's stated goal is to prove something, then saying that's what they were trying to prove doesn't really take much reading into it.
>>
transitional surgery is a palliative measure since we're still unable to either a) Fully understand and manipulate the Human Brain. and b) Unable to transform a a body into the opposite gender on demand and flawlessly/Transfer consciousness to a body of opposite gender.

the more you know.
>>
>>48014249
I think the issue was considering scientific opinions and theories to be pro- or anti-trans.
>>
>>48014329
But that's still possible. You could say that a particular researcher believes man-made climate change is a hoax. That's their stance, that's the guiding principle for their experiment.

Likewise, John Money wanted to disprove the legitimacy of transsexuality, as it was called back then.
>>
>>48014375
Wikipedia seems to disagree.
>>
>>48014603
It might seem to, if you're trying to read it that way, but I've just read through it and nothing really significantly contradicts what I said. HOWEVER, I've made a mistake; in my mind I attributed something to John Money that was in fact from John Hoopes, Money's colleague on the project.

“The most important result of our efforts will be to determine precisely what constitutes a transsexual and what makes him remain that way.”
>>
>>48014962
However, there is
>He claimed his detractors believed "masculinity and femininity are built into the genes...
>>
>>48014978
Those detractors completely disagree with the "pro-trans" (if you want to call them that) people you're siding with...
>>
>>48014962
>It might seem to, if you're trying to read it that way,
Right, everyone else is biased, that's the problem.
>>
>>48004370
iirc treatment increases the suicide rate by 90%
most post-ops regret getting the snip

actually that reminds me of this hilarious FtM on YouTube who got the second change not because she felt like a man in a woman's body but because she wanted to cheat patriarchy and herself some male privilege

she then did videos about how there is some anti-trans conspiracy because ever since she started looking like a man, men would start shit-talking when she started arguments over trivial she and women would give her dirty looks every time she smiled at toddlers

the fucker actually thought it was socially acceptable for men to go around staring and smiling at small children in an airport

basically the while channel was a sex changed feminist realising first hand that there is no such thing as male privilege and that she had made a terrible mistake

the channel was deleted almost ten years ago
she's probably killed herself by now
>>
>>47992002
>mind control

That's a shit thing too, though.
>>
>>48005349
>playing good ole 3.pf as the party's polymorph wizard-assassin whose only goal was ruin the lives and identities of his enemies....and sneak attack them into oblivion.
>GM decides to hand out a single magic item of our choice to each player if we paid the crafting cost.
>I then spend ALL of my remaining gold and gems for a 1/day ring of Polymorph Any Object.
>Let the shenanigans begin.
>We stayed out of town and fought monsters and had no chance to use the ring for a while. The group forgot my character has this ring.
>we ran into town and are stopped by a snotty young gate guard that somehow notices my character as a wanted criminal for the transmutation and murder of a noble.
>The other players tried to diffuse the situation before the shit calls for back up.
>I turned to the GM and slide a piece of paper 'cross the table to him.
>The gm read over the paper and just sighed.
>I described my character approaching the young man and removing a fine calfskin glove and touching the man on the shoulder.
>the GM started and dropped his dice for the roll "Well he has a fort high save so good lu--"
>He stoppedmid-sentence and cusses. "Nat fucking 1."
>The table sat as the gm described the young man grow smaller, and softer and in the place of a guard was a now little girl seething on a fury.
>My wizard was adept at many things and quickly applied a modify memory which erased the last thirty minutes from the guard's memory and my character used alter self to change his appearance.
>this guard now had no recollection of how or why they were a little girl.
>series of diplomacy rolls from the cleric and bard and we have a new tag-a-long.
>I began grooming the guard-turned-girl for being a witch.
>at some point the barbarian lets slip that it was my wizard who had transformed the guard to their face. Although they had grown fond of everyone else the Gm kept remindng the party that the guard still didn't trust my wizard.
>2bcontinued
>>
>>48017967
The previous formatting was atrocious and I apologize.

But that night rolled around and the little shit watches as the barbarian takes watch. about three or so hours in she grabs another drink for the barbarian and drops some poison or other that she conceled with prestidigitation. The barb passes their save and doesn't fall unconcious but surpasses their alcohol threshold and gets drunk imparting a -2 to their saves. The Barb gets hit by a slumber hex and zonks.
>you realize you're going to die, right?
The shit climbs into my tent and casts Icicle dagger and attempts a coup de gras.
>roll for fort save.
i expected the worst because I had been exceptionally lucky for a rogue/wizard multiclass
>Nat 20, and the Damage barely scratched me.
I gloat quickly to the gm who was fuming.
the others wake up from my character screaming and rush in to see my character with a dagger jutting out of his chest and an angry child on top of him holding said dagger.
>They trussed her up and we ended up taking her to a mythic powered wizard that used a mythic modify memory to wipe her memories completely.

The wizard implanted the false memories of the guard always being my female apprentice. And everyone lived happily ever after...except the barbarian that succumbed to sudden barbarian death syndrome a couple sessions later.
>>
>>48016067
You do not recall correctly. It results in a drop of roughly 72% and the people who regret it are so rare you could probably count them on your fingers.
>>
>>48018510
http://waltheyer.typepad.com/blog/2013/11/20-regret-changing-genders-over-40attempt-suicide-and-even-after-surgery-a-large-number-remain-traum.html
This page was the first result in Google and contains a large number of links, so I will assume it is useful to the discussion I have no stake in.
>>
>>48018650
That's a notorious TERF blog. It's notorious because it intentionally poses as a resource for transgender people and gets put near the top of search results.

Dr. Meyer performed one study with a sample size of 24. A different study of 28 which included the same people found that only one showed any regret. And meta-studies of much larger groups like http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2265.2009.03625.x/abstract show the opposite result.
>>
File: No_sense_of_right_and_wrong.png (7 KB, 190x221) Image search: [Google]
No_sense_of_right_and_wrong.png
7 KB, 190x221
>>48017967
>>
>>48005574
a ca/tg/irl at heart
>>
File: Doctor_Beak_by_Skia.jpg (334 KB, 489x393) Image search: [Google]
Doctor_Beak_by_Skia.jpg
334 KB, 489x393
>>47991753
> Is there any justification for it to exist other than magical realming shit?
Embarrassment shit.

We once had a campaign where the prince of one of the kingdoms was a misogynistic dandy who talked down to EVERYBODY. Just a giant asshole. He was Lawful Evil and ran his kingdom as such. Dramatic as fuck, though, a hoot to watch in a scene.

Anyway, our party kept debating whether we should try to force a belt of gender change or a helm of opposite alignment on him.
Ultimately we didn't, but it was more an issue with the logistics behind capturing and holding down the prince of a militaristic nation than it was any moral objectivity.
>>
>Paladin gets turned into a girl
>Despite his insistence and even begging and pleading that he's still the same guy we know and long time friend, gets made into the party rape and breeding slave

Sorry Billy, you know you'd have done the same for any of us.
>>
>>48003098
>not being passionate about certain fetishes
>willing to play most anything in demand

Weak
>>
>>48003127
Dragons a cute! Cute!
>>
>>48010365
could pull it off if I weren't so hairy
so close, yet so far
>>
>>48007499
>What I don't get is people who want to play wanna-be-rich in RPGs. Like, for what purpose? You can ACTUALLY be the rich woman/man you wish you were, why would you choose to be poor in your escapist fantasy?
>>
>>48004629

>have genderbender fetish
>play female characters
>both times they got TGed to men

thisistheoppositeofmyfetish.jpg
>>
daily reminder if you genuinely believe in 'a man/woman born in the wrong body' you are basically a mysticist witch doctor
>>
>>48025137
>debating between the two...

Why not both?
>>
>>48027059
thisisabsolutelymyfetish.gif
>>
File: trannies explained.jpg (66 KB, 1351x367) Image search: [Google]
trannies explained.jpg
66 KB, 1351x367
>>
>>48027944
>/v/
You have to go back.
>>
>>48027059
That's kind of hypocritical, isn't it?

Why is FtM stuff so much rarer, both in real life and in porn? Men get more respect, more money, and aren't held to crazy conflicting standards like women are. I'd think that women would even just fantasize about not having periods and +4 STR.
>>
>>48028191
>and aren't held to crazy conflicting standards like women are.
HAHAHA

Are you a woman or something?
>>
>>48028223
No, why? Are you like >>48027944 and would prefer to be judged no matter what you do rather than just being judged if you really suck at life?
>>
>>48028256
I wouldn't prefer to be a fake girl, no.
>>
>>48028191
>I'd think that women would even just fantasize about not having periods and +4 STR.
Even if they do, neither of those things are necessarily sexual fantasies in nature (although the +4 STR, naturally, could augment an existing one).
>>
>playing an evil campaign with group
>retrieving a party member's souls from one of the outer planes
>soul is contained in a lab of sorts
>anti-paladin decides to start chugging a bunch of strange liquids on a table
>DM rolls on random table
>starts laughing
>announces genderswap along with a few other things

I thought it was pretty alright because there was no premeditation with it. The guy playing the anti-paladin has a tendency to do impulsive actions on almost any character he makes, so it was his fault for drinking a hodge-podge of mystery liquids.
>>
>>48028303
So femininity is sexy because it's impractical? I guess that would explain why people do so much impractical, inefficient shit for sex purposes, like tying someone up who isn't even planning on escaping.
>>
>>48028375
Unfortunately, compared to other subjects sexuality isn't as studied, so that's kind of an open question. The easiest ad-hoc way to make sense of most fetishes (for me, at least) is to assume that the fetishist is aroused by the fetish in itself: that is, there's no reason why they find femininity applied to themselves arousing, it just is.

You could go all Freudian on that shit and try and deduce something about their past or whatever (like, "He desires to be a woman because his father never loved him" or whatever), but methodologically speaking this kind of thinking is unsound. Apparently, some kids really do just happen to experience sexual awakening from the "blueberryfication" scene in Willy Wonka. It's easier to just let fetishes be fetishes on their own terms rather than trying to derive some kind of deeper meaning from them.
>>
>>48028610
I'm trying to think of something that is impractical but not sexy, or practical but sexy. So far I'm drawing a blank, except for just generally being healthy and not being covered in weeping sores. But even that is some poor guy's fetish.
>>
File: ymQi71a.gif (1 MB, 842x465) Image search: [Google]
ymQi71a.gif
1 MB, 842x465
>>48025282
>>
>>48028610
But there are clearly patterns. All kinds of weird shit happens in that movie, and yet only that specific scene created a new fetish of any size. Why? "We just don't know" is correct, but it gets us nowhere. In science, the only thing more sinful than accepting a wrong answer is never asking the question in the first place.
>>
>>48028805
>impractical but not sexy
Impractical but stupid - setting yourself on fire and/or jumping a canyon on a motorcycle, for instance.
>practical but sexy.
Business suits on women, muscles on both, and secondary sexual characteristics (breasts and hips, mostly) are all indicators of power, health, or other practical traits.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.