[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /tg/, redpill me on Magical Burst. Sort of new to RPGs (FATE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
Sup /tg/, redpill me on Magical Burst. Sort of new to RPGs (FATE & Apoc world only so far) but two of the girls wanted to try it.
>>
MB is pretty good but the rules are a WIP. I've had three good games in it, but in previous editions.
>>
Women are whores, chairs are hard penguins sluts.

Underaged penguin prostitution should be legalized because they're asking for it anyway.
>>
>>47990782
Most of the betas are terribly broken when it comes to combat, the 4th especially so.

GMing a beta 5 campaign right now, although it lacks material for advancing PCs, it's pretty good so far and you have enough to create your monsters for a short-to-mid-term campaign.

Only things lacking are mechanical ways to distribute Trauma and Hope, so I usually dish it out when appropriate. It still flows slower than Overcharge.

Skirmishes are nice and especially useful when you don't want to spend time in full battle, I usually use them when not all the PCs are involved.

Specializations are very potent compared to the other advancement perk, so I recommend that you give them to every PC at the same time or make it a plot thing.

Otherwise, pretty fun.
>>
>>47992919
What's wrong with 4e?
>>
>>47993112
>What's wrong with 4e?
Monster levels are broken as hell.
>>
>>47993112
Knights/Paladin are very inferior to other specialization because they need every stat high and stacking hexes is the only reliable way to deal damage, but only once the youma doesn't have any more overcharge.
Basically combat tends to be very long and unfun.

Also the 5th draft is in my opinion much more elegant in the way that there are no "mundane stats" vs "magic stats", there is an apposition between Magic and Real, but the two emotion-stats, Fury and Heart, are used for both mundane and magic moves.
>>
File: kongou analysis.jpg (137 KB, 1025x1200) Image search: [Google]
kongou analysis.jpg
137 KB, 1025x1200
Can I make pic related in MB?
>>
>>47994336
>not making an anime girl version of a Metal Gear
>>
>>47994438
Arpeggio of Blue Steel instead of Kantai Collection then?
>>
>>47990782

"redpill" is a stupid phrase, that outside 4chan defines the user as a misogynistic loser who can't understand why hating women doesn't cause them to jump on his dick.

Actually, it probably means the same thing in 4chan use.
>>
>>47995084
>>>/lgbt/

He asked a question and you gave a non-answer.
>>
>>47990782
I can't answer your question because that image is hitting every magical realm button for me except for DFC. Nnnngh.
>>
>>47994438
>not making an MGS character as a magical girl
My character had a Heartspawn who was an exact replica of her and even called her "siiiiiiiiiiiiister"
>>
File: godspeed.jpg (22 KB, 255x250) Image search: [Google]
godspeed.jpg
22 KB, 255x250
>>47995807
>Creating an Outer Coven for Meguca Sans Frontieres
>>
>>47995807
>>47996051
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/29788095/
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/29815741/
>>
>>47995084
Reddit is cancer.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.