[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we make humans interesting again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 1459614429396.jpg (432 KB, 1293x1920) Image search: [Google]
1459614429396.jpg
432 KB, 1293x1920
How do we make humans interesting again?
>>
You can't. Humans were a mistake.
>>
>>47990364
Ban them for a few games.
>>
>>47990658
this.
>>
File: Humanis.png (433 KB, 1500x2154) Image search: [Google]
Humanis.png
433 KB, 1500x2154
>>47990364
>I cannot imagine an interesting human

Your lack of imagination is the problem
>>
>>47990364
Since so many settings have humans being turned into so many things (vampires, zimbies, werewolves, mutants, etc.) I've always felt it was best to have humans as especially susceptible to transformation magics in lore. They are both the most likely to be harmed by foul transfigurations (turned into a statue, made into a doll, now you're a cat, arise my undead minion, and so on) and the most likely to gain enormous boons from the change (Hulk-outs, Etrigan, any and all super modes, becoming the little girl, super-serums, you know).

I've always been a fan of reinterpreting a trope as an in-universe mechanic from a meta-narrative perspective.
>>
>>47991574
>Etrigan
The DC one?
Also, is the rhyming mandatory?
I hope it is
>>
>>47991574
>becoming the little girl
>enormous boon
Pfew. Becoming a tentacle monster that can have consensual sex with lolis is much bigger of a boon.
>>
Give them a distinct culture and history instead of just being the most generic boring dudes around.
>>
Humans are all dead. If you want to be one you have to be a skeleton
>>
File: 1462791610624.jpg (87 KB, 426x443) Image search: [Google]
1462791610624.jpg
87 KB, 426x443
>>47990364
>I cannot fathom an interesting human

stop
>>
>>47991574
I was playing through Dark Souls 3 the other day and started contemplating how some people turn into trees, and how some turn into dragons, all after being turned undead in the first place. It seems like it's the natural human path to change in that setting
>>
File: jap.jpg (90 KB, 620x433) Image search: [Google]
jap.jpg
90 KB, 620x433
>>47991712
>>47991102
>not recognising irony
>>
>>47991736
That series was literally the genesis of my thinking along these lines. Wondering why the hell everyone was turning into stuff made me question whether getting weird was just in human nature.
>>
Phyrexian oil...
Or Eldrazi corruption.
>>
>>47993179
wat
>>
>>47990364
Make them an inherently flawed magical experiment, an attempt to make a humanoid chimera. They're also sometimes born with superpowers.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.