[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you watch it, /tg/? How did you react?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: dnd movie 3.jpg (379 KB, 1400x2100) Image search: [Google]
dnd movie 3.jpg
379 KB, 1400x2100
This thread is an official /tv/ and /tg/ crossover regarding the the third DnD movie, the Book of Vile Darkness. Oh, and the first two, I guess, but those are really old.
>>
I actually really enjoyed BoVD, although I should make it clear that I'm the sort of person who enjoys terrible movies in general. Bad action, fantasy and sci-fi schlock is something I indulge in, like media junkfood.

Having said that? I actually found myself more entertained by BoVD than any of the other D&D movies. It felt more like an actual adventure, with straight up PC dickery, dumbass actions and alignment issues. The Paladin's moral story was actually interesting to me, arch and cliche as it was, and the bad effects came across as charming.

Still not a good film by any means, but a fun one.
>>
File: absolutely kino.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
absolutely kino.png
1 MB, 1280x720
Just look at this derpy extra in the background. What is he thinking about, /tg/?
>>
Bad but not painfully bad and actually pretty fun, which is the best you can really hope for in a direct to TV movie.
>>
>>47988282
"Why can't I be a real actor?"
>>
I haven't seen the two sequels. I actually liked the original. It was a big, stupid epic fantasy that doesn't work if you think about it too much in the vein of big, stupid epic fantasies that don't work if you think about them too much like Legend, Dragonslayer, Ladyhawke, and Beastmaster.

And I love all of them in all their stupid "swords, sorcery, and popcorn" glory. Especially the 13th Warrior.

My body is prepared to receive your hate. Give me your offering, children. It is time.
>>
>>47988282
this picture looks like the fantasy equivalent of CIA
>>
>>47988249
I enjoyed BoVD and Wrath of the Dragon God, both.
Granted not great art, but good, cheesy fun.
>>
>>47988634
The Sword & The Sorceror might be to your tastes then.
>>
>>47988679
>The Sword & The Sorceror

Oh God, you know it. That movie had me at "magnificent triple-bladed projectile sword."
>>
>>47988715
Yeah, it really felt like the kind of D&D-campaign I'd DM back in, say 1984.
I loved it.

One of Albert Pyun's two good movies.
Mean Guns was the other good one.
>>
>>47988715
>"magnificent triple-bladed projectile sword

Exotic Weapon
Dam: 3d8 (3 blades. Makes "sense" in the D&D manner. )
Crit: 19-20 *2

How to represent the 2 blades you could launch?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.