[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Homebrew equipment for 40k RPG.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: Marine-Armor.jpg (191 KB, 921x636) Image search: [Google]
Marine-Armor.jpg
191 KB, 921x636
Got ideas for an interesting weapon or suit of armor in 40k? Got ideas for its history? Got ideas for its stats?

If you don't have a good idea for one, flesh out one of the ideas below!

>Godwyn Pattern Combi-Lasgun
>Fleshripper Daemon weapon of Khorne with surprisingly incompetent Daemon
>Ripper Gun with power field generator in stock
>Jokaero carpal (wrist-mounted) weapon
>Mk II power armor; it is unpainted and legion is unknown.
>A suit of humble flak armor deemed "Ol' Reliable" by its fortunate only wearer.
>A battered and dented Sororitas power armor helmet.
>Scout Armor that, when in hiding, slowly changes to match the color of the environment.
>>
>>47985594
heavy mining armor, for the IG

replaces heavy weapons teams for a cost, gets the profile of more or less a marine, gains relentless with the heavy weapon
>>
>>47985594
Are they ever going to make mk I armor?
>>
>>47985594
>combi lasgun
Maybe lascannon
Unless you mean a lasgun with a single shot combi bolter underslung?
Awesome.

Ideas
>power bayonet/knife
>autogun or stubber that shoots rounds that do little initial damage, but contain a highly acidic substance that can weaken ceramite, given time and effort.
>rebreathers connected to canisters of laughing gas or helium for cultists
>"holy hand grenade" that actually opens a hole to the warp when discharged, either consuming the demon or reinforcing him
>set of replica samurai armor with katana owned by a weeby Planetary Governer
>some vehicle(anything from car to starship) that has a machine spirit dangerously close to being a true AI with a sassy attitude to boot. Bonus points if you can fool the inquisitor into believing it's the Captain of the ship.

I'm burned out of shitty ideas
>>
>>47985784
>Combi-Lasgun
Created by a Techpriest with far too much time on his mechadendrites out of bolter and hot-shot lasgun parts, this weapon was meant to fire independently when dealing with lightly armed mobs and fire in tandem when attacking more heavily armed targets. The theory was that the Lasgun would fire after the bolt had impacted the target, striking it in the area that had been weakened by the bolter.
>>
File: relictor.jpg (148 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
relictor.jpg
148 KB, 600x620
I don't have a name for it, but my chaplain has a highly ornate suit of terminator armor. It was commissioned, at enormous expense, to commemorate his victory in a battle which command was sure would result in total defeat.

The armor itself doesn't have any extraordinary abilities. It is mere a well made and particularly ornate suit of armor. He has declared that in his passing, the armor is to be handed down to whomever his successor may be, as is commonly done with the relics of many chapters. This armor may be new (or mostly new) now, but in another millenia or two, it may be a treasured prize of the chapter.

the model is converted from pic related, with the right arm being replaced with a storm bolter arms from one of the DV terminators.
>>
>>47985594
Lexus pattern hotshot las revolver, or just the Lexus revolver for short.
It is a compact and easy to use hotshot lasgun that uses special cooling shells in order for it to not overheat. This is the only known pattern known to a select few in the Imperium.
>>
File: 1464589253198.jpg (46 KB, 500x418) Image search: [Google]
1464589253198.jpg
46 KB, 500x418
I've got all kinds of headcanon for my Mechanicus force's equipment and lore. I'll post snippets, be happy to throw up the rest if anyone's interested.

>My Archmagos is a former enginseer ordinary who was lifted to her current status through being forcibly integrated with an archaeotech servo-harness called the Widow.
>The Thallaxii in my force are led by an audiophile command Thallax whose consumption of music has made it oddly cheery compared to the usual dour cybernetic troops.
>The stand ins I use for Castellax are called Heavy Thallax, an experiment conducted by the Ordo Reductor to upscale the Thallaxii chassis, and as they proved to be even colder than their smaller brethren, their unit cohesion and intelligence depended on the three of them being siblings pre-augmentation.
>The Thanatar is an absolutely ancient example of its kind, found abandoned on the forge world's surface years ago. It displays an odd amount of autonomy, curiosity, and intelligence, and serves as an advisor in meetings where the greater Mechanicus (or Inquisition) is not looking.
>The Dunecrawlers produced on their homeworld are waterproofed and more heavily armed than usual, mounting a main weapon and an Icarus missile launcher. Instead of a wasteland, their forge world is overgrown, and full of very nasty things.
>>
>>47986647
>>My Archmagos is a former enginseer ordinary who was lifted to her current status through being forcibly integrated with an archaeotech servo-harness called the Widow.
is it that raging heroes model?
>>
File: BlueManGroup06.png (686 KB, 545x526) Image search: [Google]
BlueManGroup06.png
686 KB, 545x526
>>47986711
Yep, it's a model I really liked when it was first shown, though I never had a reason to buy before starting my Mechanicus.
>>
man-portable HK missile

a miniature guided missile small enough to fit on the forearm of powered armor. some models used by the adeptus mechanicus supposedly fit inside the forearm plating as a last-resort hidden weapon strong enough to disable light armor
>>
>>47986290
Do you have to flick out the chamber and back to reload aka cool the shells, which pop out and back in?
>>
>>47987194
That was what I had in mind. Or just reload them like you would reload a revolver
>>
>>47985594
>LaserKraftWerk Mk.II Lasgun.
>Before the Purging, Kreig had a robust weapons export, the LaserKraftWerk Mk.II hotshot was a favored weapon among the Scions. Perfect accuracy, practically infinite ammo, and can fire more shots that a hellgun. Sadly, the atomic fires destroyed the Kreig factories and its blueprints. Now only a handful of its type are left, a collector's item for the memories of Lost Kreig.
>>
File: Armour Through The Ages.jpg (49 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
Armour Through The Ages.jpg
49 KB, 600x620
>>47985676
They already did
>>
>>47986735
I don't suppose you have a link to where I can get that model?

I know it's from Raging Heroes, but their site scrambles my Cogitator. I can't seem to find a way to buy the damn thing.
>>
>>47985594
>Akkatar Terminator Armour
Terminator Armour produced on the desert Forgeworld of Akkatar.

More aligned with the Indomitus Armour, the suit has a segmented, insectoid look and has a unique targeting system build into it, allowing the Space Marine wearing it to fire with better accuracy and make sure the enemies of The Emperor will have a much harder time in trying to escape his wrath from afar.

Special Rules: Like Indomitus (Relentless, Deep Strike and cannot Sweeping Advance), but a model gets a +1 to everything with shooting (To Wound, To Hit), and allows to re-roll failed To Wound and To Hit rolls once per-turn. If the model with the Akkatar Armour already can re-roll either To Wound or To Hit once per turn then instead they gain the other re-roll and extra shot (ex: Assault 2 becomes Assault 3, Rapid Fire becomes Salvo 2/3 and etc).

Imperial Fists would love this one.
>>
> Astartes Lasgun
Basically a Hellgun designed to hook into the power supply of Power Armor. Shitty AP compared to a bolter, but huge rate of fire (and minimal logistics issues)

>Salvation Bolt-Pistol
A Storm-Bolter style bolt pistol that fires Heavy Bolter shells, usually with incendiary or Kraken bolts. Designed to take out the Carnifex's last hitpoints before it bites you, issued to anyone too bulky to retreat.

>Marauder Power Armor
Power Armor with 90% of the plates stripped out. Designed to outflank and climb against enemies who'd shoot straight through PA anyway.

I also feel like the Imperium has the tech to field things like monofilament nets or sonic weapons. I get why they don't have them for gameplay reasons.
>>
>Promethium Scattergun
Either spray flames in droplets in a wide arc, or fire a spread of micro-grenades. Cover ignoring massive AOE but with poor AP?

For Chaos, I'd like to see some Shuriken or Pulse weapons used by Dark Mechanicus. Flaying your enemy with millions of tiny razors is pretty much a regular Tuesday for both Slaanesh and Eldar Guardians.
>>
>>47985594
>Scout Armor that, when in hiding, slowly changes to match the color of the environment.

So, a shitty cameleoline?
>>
>>47988161
>Hellgun
>Shitty AP
Dude, they have AP3. Enough to make mockeries of PA.

>I also feel like the Imperium has the tech to field things like monofilament nets or sonic weapons. I get why they don't have them for gameplay reasons.
Thanks the Emperor's Children that we ain't have Imperial Metal and Rock musician...though these days they are now evil DJs so maybe there is still hope.
>>
Some actual gear found by or made by my players in RT:
>Elo-Fem Hydrorifle
Basic, 20m, S/2/4, 1d5+1I, Pen 2, Clip 28, Rld 6 Full, Cumulative, Special, 60kg
>Gains Tearing when fired at full auto (though adds only one dice when combining damage, see below). Must be braced like a heavy weapon, or suffer the same penalties.
>Cumulative: combine the damage of all hits from this weapon, after negation from fields and dodges, and apply Toughness and Armour once against the combined damage.
A weapon held sacred by the people of Elo-Fem and normally reserved for their temple guards. Essentially a high-powered water hose focused down to a fine beam, it is fed from a huge backpack tank and pump contraption. While outclassed by the reinvention of stub weapons, it is nonetheless used for executions, and its effects are gruesome indeed.

>Mk II Witchbane Cannon
>Heavy, 75m, S/-/-, 2d10+8E, Pen 4, Inaccurate, Special, Rld 3F, 35kg
>This weapon ignores Toughness Bonus, Armour and Force Fields generated through psychic or sorcerous means. Anything hit is considered to be under the effects of a null rod until the start of the shooter's next turn. Any entity with the Warp Instability Trait must immediately test to not be banished to the Warp. Any psyker hit that sustains psychic powers must immediately test again at its original PR with current modifiers or lose control of the power, ending it. Additionally, the weapon's ammunition counts as a Null Rod with a radius of 2m (does not stack with other null effects).
An experimental weapon utilising strange, exotic gas harvested somewhere in the Jericho Reach, this weapon has demonstrated enormous potential fighting warp entities. Firing a purple beam with a distinct booming noise, it is capable of banishing daemons outright. The weapon itself is large and cumbersome and wrapped in insulating foil, as the weapon produces intense cold with each shot. It fires with a slight delay, making it notoriously hard to aim.
>>
>>47988218
Maybe I was thinking more like a Multilaser or Fallout style Gatling Laser.

I'd love to see some more chemical weapons and bioweapons. Papa Nurgle would approve.

Can anyone think of a hard sci-fi electrical weapon that's not just a tazer?
>>
>>47985594
>Godwyn Pattern Combi-Lasgun.
I'm going to assume that it's a Lasgun with an underslung grenade launcher just like those used by Elysians.
>Fleshripper Daemon weapon of Khorne
I'd give it the statline of a Ogryn Ripper Gun.
>Ripper Gun with Power Field Generator in stock.
A Ripper Gun that is a Power Maul in close combat.
>Jokaero Carpal (wrist-mounted) weapon.
Like the Jokaero rings it's a lascannon, heavy flamer and Multi-Melta all in one weapon.
>A suit of humble flak armor deemed "Ol' Reliable" by its fortunate only wearer.
Flak Armour that somehow also grants a 3++ invulnerable save.
Scout Armor with a built-in camo cloak.
>>
All my dark apostles wear MkV, a group of relics their pre-fall chapter found and restored to use.

Turns out the armours were possessed by Slaaneshi daemons and not long after the chapter were declared heretics for decorating their armour with eldar soulstones (decorating armour with rare stones was already common in the chapter) the possessed chaplains seized control of the chapter with members of the chapter they'd recruited over the years, comprising about 60% of the chapter at that point.

The first company, who'd remembered what the chapter used to be like, took off with all the goodies like relics and terminator armour and later died protecting the chapters old home-world and fortress monastery from the corrupted chapter.

Sorry about going off topic there, just wanted to post my fluff so people could tell me if it's snowflakey or not.
>>
>>47988807
an electro-laser

a weapon that builds up a powerful charge, then fires an infra-red laser at its target, ionizing the air around it. delicious unpaired electrons allow the charge to move from barrel to target. you get a bonus for hitting the head or chest, since it allows the lightning to pass through important bits
>>
>>47990474
See the lightning gun that Thallaxi have.
>>
>>47985784
>power bayonet/knife
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Powered_weapon
"Power Blade: A knife or dagger with a built-in power field."

>holy hand grenades
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Tears_of_the_Emperor

>rebreathes connected to helium

a lot of drugs in only war as referenced as being taken through inhalation, so they're probably administers via inhalers or rebreathers already

>machine spirit that is nearly sentient
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Rynn%27s_Might
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.