[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: 1464488691029.png (1 MB, 1014x761) Image search: [Google]
1464488691029.png
1 MB, 1014x761
Autism over Vostroyans edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
File: 1465860935783.jpg (323 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1465860935783.jpg
323 KB, 1200x900
first for dukes of cadia
>>
File: TurboLover.jpg (204 KB, 902x702) Image search: [Google]
TurboLover.jpg
204 KB, 902x702
>>47985192
second for turbo lover
>>
>>47985275
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhY9GOhFwN4

may slaneesh bless this post and all who dwell within
>>
>>47985294
thank ms slaneesh
>>
Homebrew Chaos Legion and Warband Tactics that I've been working on and submitting here frequently.

This supplement includes:
>God-Specific Warlord Traits and Chaos Relics
>Army-Wide Special Rules - distinction between Chaos Legions and Chaos Renegades, as well as other rules to augment more elite units
>Unit clarifications and additions/improvements - Vehicles may now be Squadroned, Relics are kept upon Dark Apotheosis, many Champions gain an additional Wound, Possessed get an extra Wound, etc.
>New Chaos Armory: Access to unique Ectoplasma and Warp-Charge Weapons, as well as Daemon Weapons for Independent Characters
>Revised tactics for major Legions and Warbands - centralized on buffing core units that fit the fuff of the army.
>New unit for all armies: Chaos Legionaries. Troops for Legions and a group of them as a single Elites for Renegades, these units bridge the tactical niche between Chosen and stock Marines, and have access to an additional Special/Heavy Weapon.
>Many more errata

Read it, review it, take it home and playtest it - just let me know what y'all think.

Constructive criticism would be nice, though
>>
>>47985254
>them Scions are at it again

Literally only way this pic could be better is if it were jumping over an Inquistorial Rhino/Land Raider.
>>
1) Is it ever a good idea to take Sicarius, or is he just overpriced?
2) Is a Librarian pretty much auto-include for every SM army?
>>
>>47985490
Damn dude, this is some pro level editing and formatting. How come no page numbers though?
>>
>>47985584

Thanks man. It's kind of a running project of mine that I've been tweaking on and off for a while.

because I can't get the page numbers to line up correctly and it's goddamn infuriating
>>
>Erebus and Kor Phaeron say that Abaddon is faithless and sees himself equal to the gods. That's why they want to replace him.
>Kharn thinks the same of Abaddon and that's why he will never directly serve him

>Abaddon
>faithless

Are they being dumb? The guy is the chosen of the Four powers. He is far from being faithless. And why presumptuous of them to think they know better than their own gods in the selection of their undivided champion
>>
>>47985490
do those veterans benefits replace the bonuses from the marks of chaos or do they supplement them?
>>
>>47985565
You can get away with just taking a captain with the shield eternal/thunder hammer/ artificer armor and probably end up with a better captain than him. That coup de grace thing is a little unreliable with only 1 attack to do it with.

Also Librarians are always good and Tigirius is the best one in the vanilla codex to take but you have to go ultramarines for chapter tactics. He's ML 3 with the ability to reroll psychic powers and reroll failed tests plus comes with one of the better SM warlord traits. Also lets you reroll reserves too if you have those so taking him is never a bad idea.
>>
>>47985605
is the original template a word doc? I had the same problem and watched some tutorials on how to do them correctly.

Are you using section breaks?
>>
>>47985629
They're not wrong though. Abby's in this for himself and wants to go cold turkey on Chaos the moment he wins so he can rule over humanity as the New God Emperor of Mankind. If he does for them he can't as there wouldn't be anything for him to rule over.
>>
>>47985629
Well Erebus and KP kinda already outsmarted Lorgar and Horus during the heresy, didn't they? I could see them being arrogant and using the faithlessness as a fancy excuse.

Kharne is named The Betrayer, I think it's fitting he doesn't work under anybody important to fluff.
>>
>>47985631
Supplement, as of now. I figured that, rather than completely re-price a lot of the overcosted units (like Chosen and Terminators) I'd simply give them advantages to merit their current costs.

It's also important to remember that a lot of powerful build can be created with this, but they are often neutered by being forced down a specific path - you can get some ridiculously high Invulnerable Saves by running a Scourge army, but that's at the expense of a lot of other units in the codex that are also really good, for example.
>>
>>47985490
I'm thinking about joining the fandex club with an updated Sisters of Battle codex and maybe another for Grey Knights to make them a bit less of a one-trick pony. I've got a pretty firm idea of what to do with the armies, but I'd like some suggestions on the actual codex production side of things. Are there any formatting/writing issues that you came across that you'd do differently if you could go back and start again? Or is it really just as simple as "copy and paste codex, insert changes, enjoy life in tier 2?"
>>
>>47985490
Giving chaos champions and terminators an additional wound will piss off a lot of space marine players if they don't get the same thing.
>>
>>47985490
i like the squadron changes on all the predators, vindicators, maulerfiends and forgefiends.

Likewise some of these updates are long overdue, (The helbrute getting 4 attacks for instance)
>>
>>47985490
why ditch plasma on Oblitorators?

all that other stuff is way more powerful than plasma.
>>
>>47985505
Nah, it needs to be an Arbites Repressor.
>>
>>47985680
Hey, they have other things in their favor.

It does completely fit the fluff of the two units though - you have to be a real mean son of a bitch to be a Chosen or Terminator Champion, given the nature of just getting to that position in the first place.
>>
>>47985705
>why ditch plasma on Oblitorators?

Because they get the Ectoplasma equivalents instead, which is actually better (just not for sustained fire). It also seemed a little TOO cheesy to be able to use Plasma Cannon - Ectoplasma - Rinse, Lather, Repeat.
>>
>>47985490
I think you might have a few too many picks from chapter tactics special rules and that a few of them might be OP, especially if they stack with the other stuff you gave them.

When you playtest it ask the other players if a particular boon or rule seems unfair, try to keep the more outrageous buffs to a minimum.

thats it. I only skimmed it, but all in all it looks very good for a fandex.

Hey, maybe you should talk to Space Odin when he is online or see if you can find his contact info in his codex. Maybe you could collaborate working on the formatting and editing of his dex, since its a bit lackluster.
>>
>>47985678
>Are there any formatting/writing issues that you came across that you'd do differently if you could go back and start again?

Plan it ahead of time lol. That would be a big one - I re-arranged and re-made this at least 12 times over the course of making it. Also, deciding how I wanted to "theme" it from the get-go - most of the Word Art and art work was added about halfway through, which was a formatting BITCH.

>Or is it really just as simple as "copy and paste codex, insert changes, enjoy life in tier 2?"

Eh, I wouldn't say that. You have to have a pretty in-depth understand of the flaws and strengths of the Codex in question, but you can always just directly copy it and address fixes directly.

What I wrote isn't a full-fledged Codex, but a codex "update"/supplement to C:CSM. It's designed to be used side-by-side with the "real" one. If you want to completely re-make the codex on your own, it'll take a lot more effort than just writing out a "unit changes" subsection. and it'll look a lot better for it, so if you want to do it more power to you. Sisters need it.
>>
>>47985490

Shitty fandex wank.
>>
>>47985782
>a few of them might be OP, especially if they stack with the other stuff you gave them.

Oh that's entirely possible. It's still very much a WIP, and I've been trying to playtest it as often as I can.

I want this to be strong, but not too strong. "Above-Average army that can play fluffy lists semi-competitively" is what I want to shoot for here.

Any that stick out at you off the top of your head?
>>
>>47985820

...but why tho
>>
File: 1455735545245.jpg (9 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1455735545245.jpg
9 KB, 184x184
>>47985490
I see you've added quite a bit to this since I last saw it.
I have a few questions though.
How come legionnaire champions don't get 2W as well?
Also maybe change the name of the ectoplasma special rule to overcharge, as currently it'd be a bit of a mouthful to spout off in the middle of the game ("I shoot my ectoplasm pistol on ectoplasma mode" vs. "I shoot my ectoplasm pistol on overcharge mode")
Perhaps ectoplasm cannons gaining large blast instead of rending and soul blaze since its already ap2 and soul blaze is useless.
Change daemonic possession to only be able to eat infantry units, perhaps even to only units with a single wound (dreadclaw eating a dreadnought is retarded and stupid, eating your kitted out chaos lord is a very annoying possibility)

Otherwise I like it a lot, good work anon.
>>
What unit would you add to the Ork codex to make it better?

How about to the CSM dex?
>>
Can anyone suggest flexible but shapeholding wires ideal for conversions? I want to put together a couple of Dark Mechanicum test models counts as imperial guard (maybe) and this would include a massive amount of wires perferating hapless and unwilling 'servitors' what wires would you say are best for this?
>>
>>47985911
>How come legionnaire champions don't get 2W as well?

Well, I view Legionaries as being the "middle ground" between Chosen and regular Marines. They're intended to be more powerful than Marines, but not as good as Chosen. That, combined with one less Special Weapon and one less Attack, was my way of sort of "balancing" them in that direction - they're solid line-holding troops and can pack three Special OR Heavy Weapons in a 10-man squad, but they're not quite as raw-skilled and good at pure murder as Chosen are.

>Also maybe change the name of the ectoplasma special rule to overcharge, as currently it'd be a bit of a mouthful to spout off in the middle of the game

Maybe. I chose "Ectoplasma" because it is very Chaos-flavored and already fits in with the Ectoplasma Cannon that already exists. It is a bit clunky, though.

>Perhaps ectoplasm cannons gaining large blast instead of rending and soul blaze

Damn, that's a way better idea. Already changed.

>Change daemonic possession to only be able to eat infantry units, perhaps even to only units with a single wound

That's a good point. Maybe having Daemonic Possession only remove a single Wound from a random model in the unit would be more streamlined approach? That way multi-wound models aren't eaten, but there's still a bit of a "risk" involved for them (it's just no longer life-threatening).

Thanks man. I've been busy playtesting and trying to brainstorm new ideas for it.
>>
>>47985808
How happy are you with the formatting as it is now? Do you have any ideas that you wish you'd had earlier but now you're in too deep, or do you consider this more or less ideal?

Also, this was made in Word? Mind posting a screenshot of a page so I can get a better idea of how you formatted it?

>>47985808
>You have to have a pretty in-depth understand of the flaws and strengths of the Codex in question, but you can always just directly copy it and address fixes directly.
I've already got a pretty good idea of the changes I'll be making. Mostly it's just moving stuff around so there's actual decision making involved (for example, a TL Multi-Melta on a Relentless platform is better than a TL Heavy Bolter in almost every possible situation. Likewise, Exorcists are strictly superior to Penitent Engines. It's pointless to present a choice only one option), and a bit of it is just adding in some synergy that's lacking (for example, Repentia are literally useless without an Assault Transport and Celestians don't really have a clear role).

I could probably do everything I want to in a half-page changelist, but I'd prefer to make something a bit more, I don't know, cohesive?
>>
>>47985942
CSM don't need an addition. They need an identity.

Are they 10000 year old legions?
Are they daemonic warbands?
Are they non-chaos renegades with mixed forces and unorthodox tactics/wargear?
Are they just spikey space marines?
Are they more choppy space marines?

currently they try to do all of these, but fail at all of them. Funnily enough, the various flavors of loyalist SM can do all of these, only better than CSM.

>Want legions? SM
>Want special weapons and stuff? SM or DA
>Want choppy? SW or BA
>Want daemons? SW have the wulfen which are pretty much daemons
>Want mixed lists? Take AM or Inquisitorial allies
>>
>>47986099
Have you tried reading >>47985490?
>>
>>47986099
What they need is a complete overhaul

>Entire book just for Legions. Can borrow heavily from the HH range. New special rules, plastic HQs and troops/conversion kits for all legions.

>Renegade minidex that is basically a supplement for the vanilla SM codex
>>
>>47986136
the things that excite me most about CSM as renegades are the things that regular SM wouldn't ever do. Things like suicide squads of terminators, deep striking single oblits, strapping a havoc launcher, extra combibolter, AND a combiflamer all at once to a rhino, etc. I wish they had more unique and unorthodox stuff personally.

>>47986128
I raw earlier versions but I can give this one a read
>>
>>47985490
I like the idea behind a lot of this, adding shit to CSM to make them more than just "Evil Space Marines minus options". Anything that gives an army more options to play with is always good in my book.

That Being said, why not just change the ectoplasma cannon range to just be 36? You basically made a custom-mega kannon for CSM with 1 extra shot and a possibly worse drawback.

The special ammo rules I like but you could probably remove the Gets Hot! part from the toxin rounds cause as is I wouldn't consider it when 1 ammo type retards armor saves and the other gives rending without the Gets Hot! so why would I take this?

The Culverin weapon type you made looks like it would be way to easy to snowball out of control if someone gets unusually lucky, maybe tone it down to just once ala only 1 reroll and bump up the number of attacks to 6 base to help.

That one khorne warlord trait that gives "deny the witch" on 2+, maybe +1 deny for the warlord and his detachment?

There's a bunch more, but I think the one thing that might hurt this is the lack of metrics. It'll be hard to tell what might be good, bad, and downright broken without people playing with it and sending the results back for some fine tuning.
>>
>>47986070
I'm pretty overall satisfied with formatting as of this point. I wish I'd had a better idea of formatting walking into it, but I'm pretty okay with the aesthetics now.

I made it in Word, and it really was extremely simple. Word Art for the headers, regular old text for the paragraphs, with various Text Boxes where required. The new Word is actually pretty intuitive and has tons of pre-styled things that can be very, very easily plopped down when and where you want them.

Ultimately, I'd say go for it. People are always a lot more willing to give a chance to something that is more visually appealing, and making it feel like a "real" Codex would go a long way for that.
>>
>>47985490
Make the weapons upgrades cheaper for Elite units (see Vanguard vets in codex Space Marines) and you'll really have something.
>>
What if we opened the entire loyalist armory to CSM, in addition to their daemon stuff? Is just the loss of chapter tactics and ATSKNF enough to make up for the extra options or would there have to be additional penalties? Also, let's just all agree to sidestep the issue of Graviton weaponry by using HH Grav rules.
>>
>>47985490
Give the night Raptors 2 attacks base bro. They're basically just jump Zerks with more expensive upgrades.
>>
>>47986165
I recommend it, this one has been WAY improved compared to older versions.

It actually gives special rules for Chaos Legions (Free VotLW, new Troops unit, army-wide Stubborn) and Chaos Renegades (free Hatred (SM), Elites unit, and Allies of Convenience with Armies of the Imperium) as different army styles, along with all sorts of new shit.
>>
>>47986198

So why should they get all the non-daemon stuff and also get the daemon stuff?
>>
>>47985490
>>47986228
feels like a lot of details and without much difference aside from buffs in the form of super powered tactics and a few spot buffs

What if chosen had relentless? that alone would be awesome on them, even better if you could also give them jump packs. What I've always like about Chosen is how they come standard with a bolter AND close combat weapon AND bolt pistol, and relentless would only bolster their flexibility. Loyalists get elite jump units, as well as relentless jump units, but a unit with BOTH would be a lot of fun.

I'd also like to see Chaos Lords have way more wargear available to them. If you were the biggest badass in the sector, wanted in a dozen systems, who would stop you from taking first pick at whatever loot? If I wanted to put an autocannon on my Lord I should be able to, even though that would be a questionable choice.

I'd like to have some kind of troop choice in between Chaos Space Marines and Cultists. Something in the 8-11 point per model range. Maybe this could be achieved through upgrade and weapon options for cultists (you can sort of do this by giving your cultists Mark of Nurgle and an autogun, but this is not really points efficient at all, unlike the troops who naturally fall within that points range)
>>
>>47986237
Because all the non-daemon stuff is gimped by missing chapter tactics and ATSKNF? And maybe an Ld penalty as well because they're clearly weak of will? What units would you consider too good to allow CSM to take?
>>
>>47986168
>to just be 36?

Well, it's 24" in the regular Codex. It's the Chaos version of the Plasma Cannon that it replaces, and I've already revised it to be what >>47985911 suggested. 36" is a major buff to a weapon that is, at least at this point, already better than its Loyalist counterpart.

>you could probably remove the Gets Hot!

I've been kinda on the fence about that myself this whole time. I just didn't want somebody to be able to spew out Blasts with little consequence, so I figured Gets Hot! would curtail spamming them in ridiculous amounts. When you put it that way, however, it DOES seem a little not worth taking...

>looks like it would be way to easy to snowball out of control if someone gets unusually lucky

Well, it's literally Chaos-interpretations of the old HH Volkite weapons. They lose one Strength compared to "real" Volkite, but gain a small bit of range and can generate multiple hits instead of only one round of new hits. I did notice that for whatever reason I left it as S6 - it should be S5, to keep with the trend.

These weapons are also pretty difficult to spam - the only place you'll find them is on Helbrutes, Obliterators, and Iron Warriors Havocs. That should help keep their use manageable.

>It'll be hard to tell what might be good, bad, and downright broken without people playing with it and sending the results back for some fine tuning.

That's what I've been working on constantly. Hell, y'all are more than welcome to playtest this stuff yourself if y'all'd like yes, y'all'd is a legitimate contraction
>>
>>47986321
grav cannons are too good for CSM

they are too good for SM too

grav should go away and stay away

the game didn't need it
>>
>>47986337
Yeah, I covered that bit: >>47986198
>Also, let's just all agree to sidestep the issue of Graviton weaponry by using HH Grav rules.
>>
File: Life of a Dark Angel.jpg (92 KB, 500x345) Image search: [Google]
Life of a Dark Angel.jpg
92 KB, 500x345
>want to work on writefaggotry but needs sleep
>mfw
I'll be more bright eyed in the morning anyway. Any music you gits mind recommending some music for me to listen to while writing it? Here's what I was listening to http://maximalismmusic.com/track/lament-exe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk2SNcpTNbs
>>
How can Space Marines kill Riptides?
Command squad bikes with gravguns + stormshields?
>>
>>47986375
Grav-cents, Grav bikers that you mentioned, drop-pod sternguard with combi-grav +grav-guns. The pattern here is that grav is the answer and you need more of it. I would recommend plasma too, but grav guns have kinda taken that spot of MEQ TEQ killer instead these days.
>>
>>47986368
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDZekM13dkw

>>47986375
grav spam
plasma spam
op psychic bullshit
overwatch denial assaults with that one formation
some source of instant death (biker librarian with a force axe?)

if you alpha strike the riptide the tau fag will most likely concede
>>
>>47986321

It's not a matter of whether a unit is good or not. Why should CSM straight up have 100 vanilla units and then 20 more daemon ones while vanilla is stuck with 100 units?
>>
>>47986368
The Neotokyo OST is a favorite of mine when writing/paining/building. It's definitely a weird mix but worth a listen for sure.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=408tWOubRDM

The Unreal OST is in a similar vein but a tad more videogame-y. It can still set a mood fairly well though.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IISjIMpepo
>>
>>47986472
>CSM shouldn't be allowed drop pods or different kinds of land raiders because they have mutilators and dinobots
>>
>>47986495
Don't forget those super-OP warp talons. Or the fact that since chaos techmarines can give a vehicle within 18" gets hot, they don't deserve jump packs, bikes, terminator armor, or melee weapons besides power axes and relics.
>>
>>47986495
They shouldn't, in the Abaddon series is mentioned that maintain shit is extremely difficult to most chaos warbands, and then you have their shit that gets possesed and it's basically fucked, their drop pods will most likely eat the troops it carried.
>>
>>47986585
what about a chimera? it might not be their favored transport, but it is surely easier to loot or salvage a chimera than maintain a 10000 year old rhino
>>
File: eat a dick.png (165 KB, 871x346) Image search: [Google]
eat a dick.png
165 KB, 871x346
>>47986585
>They shouldn't
No
>>
>>47986585
The idea is that by not taking VotLW (which could be made to be actually useful), you're indicating that it was a chapter that just recently turned traitor and everything hasn't broken down yet.
>>
>>47986099
CSM needs chapter tactics. 10, 9 for each of the legions and 1 for general renegades. Each legion gets special rules suited for them with limits and buffs, as well as changes in FOC, such as making cult units Troops, etc. Renegades get ATSKNF and could count as SM on the allied chart. Alternatively they could make a Codex Supplement: Renegades for the SM codex that lets you make a limited SM army that counts as CSM on the allied chart.
>>
>>47986651
even if stuff has broken down, I would expect more options like multilasers, heavy stubbers, chimeras, shotguns, etc

basically anything they could easily steal, salvage, or make themselves

>any chaos terminator being able to trade their combibolter for a heavy stubber would be pretty neat
>>
>>47986673
>Alternatively they could make a Codex Supplement: Renegades for the SM codex that lets you make a limited SM army that counts as CSM on the allied chart.
why would I do this when I could have an unlimited SM army with a better allies chart

and it still misses what make CSM interesting; they should not just be spikey space marines, they should play differently
>>
>Allow CSM to take SM as allies of convenience to represent non-chaos renegades or recent traitors
>C:CSM is just for 10,000 year old edgelords/badasses with mutations and daemon shit everywhere
Too confusing?
>>
>>47986403
>if you alpha strike the riptide the tau fag will most likely concede

Why? It's a distraction carnifex with a jetpack.
>>
Hey,

I haven't read any news since a year or so.

I have a small tyranid army which waits to be painted (1 start collecting box, 1 carnifex, 20 termagants and like 5 ripper swarms)

Are tyranids still shit? Is CSM still shit? Tau OP?

What interesting release is coming?
>>
Are eldar corsairs more cheesy than craft world eldar?
>>
>>47986953
>Are tyranids still shit? Is CSM still shit? Tau OP?
Yes, yes, yes
>What interesting release is coming?
None

>>47986992
No
>>
>>47986651
Renegade chapters are hunted down and worn down by the imperial forces every time, lamenters and the other loyal chapters lost a lot of shit during the badabb war and haven't recovered since then, the minotaurs captured many terminator armours and relics from those chapters during the conflict.

Huron lost most of the shit he had when the astral claws had to flee from the imperial retribution.
>>
>>47986638
>GW knowing shit of his own setting
Those are or will be probably changed to dread claws anyways so it doesn't matters.
>>
>>47986953
Yes, yes and yes.
Tyranids still have fuck all invulnerable saves as AP2 and ignores cover becomes more plentiful.
Chaos marines are still just shittyloyalists with overpriced, shoddy equipment that malfunction at the drop of a hat.
Tau still blow people off the table with high strength, ignores cover, ap2 shooting attacks.

In other news gene stealer cults got plastic models and rules. They are also widely rumoured to be getting a codex soon.
>>
File: 1365214713305.jpg (19 KB, 184x186) Image search: [Google]
1365214713305.jpg
19 KB, 184x186
hey fuckers, rate my 750 list

o Chaos Lord (145pts)
Axe of Blind Fury, Bolt Pistol, Daemonheart, Mark of Khorne, Melta bombs
o 5x Chaos Marine (90pts) with Boltgun, one with Meltagun & Aspiring Champion with Melta Bombs
o8x Berzerkers (209pts) Bolt Pistols, Close Combat Weapons & Berzerker Champion

o Cult of Slaughter formation (306pts)
•19x Cultists with Close Combat Weapons, Autopistols, 2x Flamer, & Cultist Champion with Shotgun
•16x Cultists with Autogun& Cultist Champion with Shotgun
•Dark Apostle
>>
>>47987064
Only one relic per miniature man.
>>
File: Sororitas update.png (98 KB, 2095x1114) Image search: [Google]
Sororitas update.png
98 KB, 2095x1114
>>47985678
>>47986070
Here's my wishlist/first draft. I've got some more stuff to add, then I'll make it readable, then compile it into codex/supplement form. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

>*>*>*>*I know I broke a lot of shit with this, this is by no means comprehensive or complete. Please don't shit all over it until it's in a more balanced state. But if you see any strange synergies here that make things obviously more powerful than intended, please point them out.
>>
>>47987015
The Galaxy is a big place. Badab was a particularly big deal because of its location and the number of chapters working with the Astral Claws. It makes sense that the Imperium was keeping a close eye on it and unwilling to tolerate anything but complete conformity.
>>
What's the fastest army right now?
And if it's dark eldar how good are they?
>>
>>47987122
Eldar/DEldar.
DEldar are one of the worst factions, Eldar are the best by a large margin and rude to play against anyone but Tau, Space Marines, or Necrons.
>>
>>47987122
Corsairs.
>>
>>47987122
Eldar stole many things from the deldars and never looked back, while the deldar lay bleeding in the ground with most of their good shit taken away.
>>
>>47986771

I like how morons say the Riptide is just a meatshield or a distraction when it has S7-8 AP2 multi-shot/large blast weapons.
>>
>>47987091
what are you talking about? i can not take AoBF and deamonheart in the same lord?
>>
>>47987113
>The Galaxy is a big place.

Whenever someone says this they have already lost the argument and are just showing what a dumb faggot they are.

>female space marines
>THE GALAXY IS A BIG PLACE HURRR
>the emperor is actually a skdlflakwjlhkjeltkaf
>THE GALAXY IS A BIG PLACE HURRR
>>
>>47987122
Slaanesh daemons.
A pure melee army with fleet and a 3" bonus to run moves means they will travel very far, very fast.

New warlord traits led to my herald on a seeker pulling of a 31" charge once.
>>
>>47987167
Not anymore, sorry .
>>
>>47987172
It's canon that whatever can happen, will happen (somewhere)
It's canon that female space marines *can't* happen
It's also canon that there's only one Emperor, who's currently a vegetable on a chair and therefore can't do whatever you're claiming other people claim.
>>
>>47987160
Its not "just" a meatshield, but any tau player will rather have his opponent waste a round and a half firing everything they have trying to kill the Riptide than his far more fragile and important markerspam units.

It can hurt, especially for its price and slot.
>>
>>47987113
>The Galaxy is a big place
And most of it is controlled by the imperium, the galactic north is plagued by orks, Tyranids and weird shit, their only two options are only planets on war anomalies, and even then some chapters actively hunts down renegades.
>>
So, I've been playing this game for a couple weeks now, playing lots of games with my friends (using some proxies) just trying to figure out what factions and units we all like. I've had a lot of fun, but I'm wondering, are normal infantry units just worthless or am I missing something? Using formations instead of combined arms means you don't even have to take any, and I don't really see a reason to take them at all.
>>
>>47987151
How so?
>>
>>47987172
The argument works for everything which has not got a solid fucking bit of fluff.

It is mentioned, in lots of sources, that female Space Marines don't exist. It is specifically mentioned, in lots of sources, that the Emperor is (depending on the view point):

1. A man
2. A god
3. A Chaos powered man
4. A gestalt entity

There is, however, no mention about there is 100% defo no planet which is inhabited completely by gay men who use science to make babies with each other, who wear pink, listen to techno and have built a giant disco ball in the sky for all night raves.
>>
>>47987234
Shitloads of gofast, Eldars and Deldars selection plus Forgeworld and their own shit, they even have war walkers with jetpacks.
>>
Just finished painting the skittarii start collecting, what should I get next for my force?
I want a pure skittarii force, no ad-mech, is that do-able or will my force be terribly unplayable?
>>
>>47987193
are you sure? the chaos lord of the dark veangance set has deamonheart and the blade of the relentless, they are both relics arent they?
>>
>>47987257
No HQ means you can't play a CAD.
>>
>>47987233
Are you guys playing for objectives or just deathmatches? Cheap units in vehicles are amazing for capturing and holding objectives. ObSec is even better than it sounds (and it sounds pretty damn good).
>>
>>47987245
>There is, however, no mention about there is 100% defo no planet which is inhabited completely by gay men who use science to make babies with each other, who wear pink, listen to techno and have built a giant disco ball in the sky for all night raves.
Strangely enough that sounds a lot like monarchia, the Emperor's children planet in the eye of terror
>>
>>47987257
It's not going to work. You just don't have enough options. Start building toward a War Convocation or a Space Marines primary force.
>>
>>47987258
Not anymore mate, look at the new FAQs in the Facebook page.
>>
>>47987216
Not him, but the last bit is only partly true.

Space Marines are weird, most of them outright refuse to kill fellow Space Marines if they are labelled by the High Lords as Renegade. They will only do so if respected chapters agree or say they are. For example, the Blood Angels successors "Knights of Blood", have been labelled "Renegade" by the High Lords, but they have not been destroyed because the majority of the chapters do not agree with the High Lords decision. The chapters who have fought alongside them have seen them fight the Imperiums enemies, including Chaos, know they're not.
>>
>>47987258
I think only Tau and Crimson Slaughter can take more than one relic per model.
>>
>>47987295
Same with Cult Mechanicus
>>
>>47987258
He's right. It was fixed a few weeks ago, people asked to clarify the FAQ and they stated it exactly. One relic per Lord.

Also they finally updated GK's, SW's and BA's Dreads (of ALL types) to have 4A base.
>>
>>47987287
>Space Marines are weird, most of them outright refuse to kill fellow Space Marines if they are labelled by the High Lords as Renegade.
And even then the dark angels are bombarding the Fenris system
>>
>>47987287
And then theres the Minotaurs who'll assault whomever they want, steal their shit "accidentally" destroy geneseed and then have them retroactively declared renegade traitorus.
>>
>>47987303
Galaxy, big place, you know.
>>
>>47987295
>>47987300
Not any more. It got fixed again. It's now 100% for all codexs, 1 relic per Lord. Not even Tau or CS.
>>
>>47987315
Post the updated ruling, please?
>>
>>47987312
Yeah, well Minotaurs are rich kids who go running to their dads whenever people call them on their bullshit.

Red Hunters too.
>>
>>47987315
B-but Tau dont have relics, they have signature systems.
>>
>>47987315
>1 relic per Lord. Not even Tau or CS.

sounds like bullshit, if they removed buffmander then tau players would have complained by now
>>
>>47987233
Some factions get more out of their infantry than others.
That said the whole point of most of them is just to be cheap and disposable, to to perform well.
>>
>>47985942
>What unit would you add to the Ork codex to make it better?

Looted Vehicles
>>
>>47987339
>unless specifically noted otherwise

so it doesnt affect tau at all
>>
>>47987339
Yeah, that's what it was. Tau and Crimson Slaughter have specific allowances for taking multiple relics on a model (IIRC Tau can take any, CS can take one from the supplement and one from C:CSM).
>>
>>47987266
We started out playing deathmatch to get a feel for it, but we are playing objectives now. I've been playing space wolves, and I've found for me at least that land speeders are the perfect unit to run around getting objectives. They are very fast and can get long range guns. I've been boxing my friends in their deployment zones with lots of drop pods, and basically my land speeders get to run around to all the objectives.
>>
>>47987362
That cheese won't hold up when they figure out how to take Melta and Grav weapons (especially on bikes). Plus, taking a bunch of troops is the only way you can even take that army since you need cheap infantry to take the drop pods for.
>>
>>47987265
Anon, you know that the Skitarii have special formations because of this? It's one of the reason I like them.

>>47987280
I think Anon could make it work, but the lack of transports will hurt.
>>
>>47987383
yeah, they are starting to figure out how to beat it now, and yeah I took a lot of troops in that army, but that was why I was wondering. All the troops didn't really do anything. Mostly just died without killing anything. That didn't really matter when my friends weren't scoring any points, but once they figure out not to put all of their units clumped up in a corner together, I don't think my troops are going to do much.
>>
>>47987356
>IIRC Tau can take any

almost, the commander can take as many as he wants but can only take one of each throughout the entire army (with the sole exception of O'Vesa automatically having an earth caste array, so you can have 2 of them)

Bodyguard and crisis suits can take as many as they want, but each relic takes up a system slot, so you cantake upto 3 if you choose to have no weapons
>>
>>47987440
Your troops are going to have to start holding objectives when they start killing all of your Landspeeders on the first turn.
>>
>>47987160

Okay man, you keep on shooting it instead of something that won't soak the damage then. I'll be over hear tabling you because you don't get target priority.
>>
>>47987452
>(with the sole exception of O'Vesa automatically having an earth caste array, so you can have 2 of them)
Pretty sure all of the relics on the special characters (like Brightsword's Fusion Blades) keep you from taking that relic on a Commander.

Also, IIRC only the optional sergeant battlesuits can take relics
>>
>>47987470
>Pretty sure all of the relics on the special characters (like Brightsword's Fusion Blades) keep you from taking that relic on a Commander.

the wording states otherwise, but i'll need to find my FA book and confirm

>Also, IIRC only the optional sergeant battlesuits can take relics

my bad, thats correct, only shas'vre crisis suits can take relics, not the shas'uis
>>
>tfw looking into nids and loving the zerg rush and neat lore
>get to 1d4chan
>nids are nerfed and a shit
>also it costs a shit ton just to get a decent army
wellllll fuck. well i was interested in looking at the chaos spess muhrines and some others so..theres that
>>
>>47987529
If you like nids most go for em. Might take a whilwhile but you will enjoy them most!
>>
>>47987529
Try daemons. they cheap, powerful infantry that you can summon more of.
>>
>>47987555
i generally like the designs of the models and rush-in-kill-all tactics, thats what kinda drew me to them. but the lack of abilities and guns that other armies seem to have is discouraging
price isnt a huge deal as i dont have many hobbies to take away from it
>>
>>47987470
>>47987489

found my book and I can't find anything about O'vesa being the exception to this rule, perhaps it changed back when O'vesa was allowed to be taken without taking all of the eight in 6th ed
>>
I said in the other thread, as it ended, that the Raging Heroes models are available to order now for backers.

I have no idea what to get. The SoB proxies don't really cover everything. The Knights of the Chalice have huge armour, but the Crusaders I planned to use them as only have Carapace(?) armour, so doesn't make sense.

Fuck knows. Might just some of the cheesecake Dark Elves/Eldar and Slaaneshi Daemons for shit and giggles.
>>
>>47987529
Just buy a lot of Hive Tyrants.
>>
>>47987597
They have plenty of guns. The difference is they don't look very different and the creature itself is the main difference, rather than wildly different penis guns.
>>
>>47987093
>Act of Faith Changes
I like most of these, but the "on a 1, it may not use that ability for the rest of the game" seems redundant since on anything but a 6+, you already can't use it again.
It would only affect squads that get a second Act of Faith from a Simulacrum Imperialis or the like, which is a tad odd.

>Shield of Faith
The wording on the tail end of this could be clearer.
Does it allow Sisters to act as if they have a Psychic Hood?

>Dominator
>Flamestorm Cannon
While not a bad idea, it lacks Torrent and thus would be wasted since even with Vector Dance a Flyer's mobility is rather poor. The Hellhound's Inferno Cannon would be a lot more attractive of an option, and would work well even without Vector Dancer.
The Gatling Cannon is a good option, but another source of Melta is probably unneeded, even if it TL and mobile.

>Repentia: AoF grants Eternal Warrior, may take Hospitaller as an upgrade
>Chirugeon's Tools: Model's with worse than a 5+ get FnP 3+
While good idea's, Attacks with Instant Death disallow FnP rolls, even if the target has Eternal Warrior.
I'd give them a codex unique special rule that allows them to make their FnP saves even against Attacks with Instant Death.

>Penitent Engine Changes
Solid. I love the Incense Cloud idea to make them more survivable. It's a good way to make them worth their points.
A larger variety of weapon options would also be nice, but now I'm being greedy. Perhaps some fluffy wargear options that give bonuses like Move Through Cover similar to the Blood Angels' Magna-Grapple?

>Seraphin Changes
Nice overall, real common sense fixes. I'd be wary of the "no limit on special weapons" though. 2 per every 5 Seraphim would be more fair.

>Celestian Squad
TDA is already pretty bad even in the good codexes, and T3/S3 wouldn't be appealing at 30-40 PPM even with a 2+/5++.
I think something closer to a Honor Guard/Command Squad equivalent would be better. Let them buy any toys they want in any combination.
>>
>>47987615
>tfw no dildo gun to go with my penis gun
>>
>>47987265
>>47987425
Skitarii can't run a Combined Arms Detachment or Allied Detachment; they instead get a codex unique detachment that doesn't require an HQ.
They also have a few good formations you can use alone, in combination with each other, or alongside the aforementioned detachment.

To answer your question of viablity, the only real problems with running solo Skits are:

>lack of transports

>no templates (and thus very little Ignores Cover)

>no Flyers (not so bad of a hit to Skits since Icarus Array Onagers are some of the best AA in the game, but it still hurts to not have any of your own to use)

>the frailty/weakness of your Warlord

The last one is a big point, since you're stuck with a T3/W2 Sv 4+ Model with a 5/6+ FnP as your Warlord.

He WILL die.

You're better off taking a Tech Priest Dominus in a Dominus Maniple or a single Inquisitor in an Inquisitorial Detachment and making either one your Warlord.

They at least have the option do buy some protection, and they also have much better Warlord traits than you do.
>>
>>47987620
>I like most of these, but the "on a 1, it may not use that ability for the rest of the game" seems redundant since on anything but a 6+, you already can't use it again.
You just don't get it again that turn. The next turn, you roll again. It's like Void Shields.

>Does it allow Sisters to act as if they have a Psychic Hood?
That's the idea, yeah.

>While not a bad idea, it lacks Torrent and thus would be wasted since even with Vector Dance a Flyer's mobility is rather poor.
Good call. I had planned to make it Torrent (6"), but I had forgotten to add that. Turning it into an actual budget Heldrake just seemed rude considering CSM's plight.

>The Hellhound's Inferno Cannon would be a lot more attractive of an option
AP4+ templates are basically useless against Space Marines, who account for a solid majority of the playerbase. That means that no one takes Flamers except to fuck with Orks and Nids, who don't really need any fucking with.

>Another source of Melta is probably unneeded, even if it TL and mobile.
The reason it's there is because it's basically a flying Immolator, and bringing the Immolator's other weapon options up to par with the TL MM was the reason I added the Punisher and Flamestorm.

>A larger variety of weapon options would also be nice, but now I'm being greedy. Perhaps some fluffy wargear options that give bonuses like Move Through Cover similar to the Blood Angels' Magna-Grapple?
Maybe, but I'm not really sure they need it. I'm convinced that it's actually a really good model and the only reason people don't like it is because the Exorcist is such an obvious three-of.

>2 per every 5 Seraphim would be more fair.
Good point, I changed it. 20 Melta shots for 350 points (albeit at 6" max range) was probably excessive.

>TDA is already pretty bad even in the good codexes, and T3/S3 wouldn't be appealing at 30-40 PPM even with a 2+/5++.
My plan was to make them more like 18 or 20 ppm, considering their comparison to already-weak SM Termis.
>>
>>47987745
Sorry, after posting that I realized it looks like I asked for input and then bitched at you for criticizing me. That's not what I intended, I'm just trying to explain my reasoning so hopefully it makes more sense.

And now that I think of it, it makes a hell of a lot more sense to put Retributors in Terminator Armor to give them Relentless. How many points should a T3 Terminator with a Multi-Melta cost?
>>
Question about the earth caste array mentioned in this thread

It states that you reroll all rolls of 1 to-hit in shooting phase, but the 1d4chan tactics page says that it lets you reroll gets hot because of this

is that true and gets hot counts as a to-hit roll?
>>
>>47987900
Depends on the weapon.
"Real" guns use their to-hit roll to see if they get hot so there it helps.
Blasts and templated roll a seperate d6 which is unaffected by to-hit rerolls.
>>
>>47987900
Gets hot (on a non-blast weapon in which case it's a seperate roll which isn't a to hit roll) happens on a 'to hit' roll of a one which the array allows you reroll.
That means you would roll a second one to suffer a gets hot roll.
>>
>>47987913
>>47987931

is there a section on the rule book on blast weapons being different? I can't seem to find a page that gives any distinction

so that means non-template weapons that gets hot automatically hit if it passes the roll? what if its multiple shots like the riptides burst cannon?
>>
nevermind, found the page its on, thanks for the clarification
>>
>>47987941
Non-blast weapons get hot on a to-hit roll of 1. Preferred Enemy and Twin Linked let you reroll 1s. Rerolling 1s gives you another chance at not getting hot.

Blast weapons have a separate roll to check if they get hot. This isn't a to-hit roll, so PE, BS6+, and pseudo-twin-linked (like the psychic power) don't let you reroll. Actual Twin Linked blasts do get to reroll their gets hot, though.
>>
>>47987941
Each hit roll of 1 gets hot.
>>
>>47987745
> Turning it into an actual budget Heldrake just seemed rude considering CSM's plight.
Gotta look out for yourself here, it's a dog-eat-dog world. You think the traitorous dogs or greenskins would choose to be nice to the other little guys and refuse that big ol' buff they've always been dreamin' of?

Personally, I like the idea of a Loyalist Heldrake. I'd also think that a Torrent Template that wounds MEQ on a 2+ wouldn't be too bad of an option, even at AP4.

Granted it wouldn't be too great, but since the model it's on is relatively cheap it would be quite OP if it were too good.

Even the Gatling Cannon might be pushin' it in the balance department, especially when you can take it on BS4 Immolators too. I'd drop the option for Gatling Cannons on Immolators and make them a Dominator exclusive weapon.

>it's basically a flying Immolator
I think that'd be a waste of a good idea. SoB already have very few units in their codex, and it'd be sad if even some of the new units they were to get were relegated to "like what you already have, but with x instead!"

I think it'd be better suited as a very offensive-oriented Fighter/Ground-Attack Plane rather than a flying version of a transport SoB already have.

I think it'd fill a good role both fluff and crunch wise. You could have it harass the enemy while your ground units are moving up and getting into position, softening up any target that your Sisters might otherwise have trouble with when they arrive.

>My plan was to make them more like 18 or 20 ppm
Now that's something that would piss of CSM and Orks, not to mention every loyalist player. I just don't think Termies that cheap just wouldn't work, even with a majorly reduced statline.

Perhaps, and this is really reaching, you could making them something like diet Saints. I don't know how you would do it, maybe make them an elite unit that buffs other Sisters near them similar to an AoE Priest?
Just spit-balling ideas here.
>>
>>47987781
How many MM per unit?
Do they deep strike?
What's their AoF?
Whats the default weapon?
How does their SoF iteract with their termie 5++?
Do they even have transports that fit them?
>>
>>47988092
>How many MM per unit?
4 as per the vanilla codex
>Do they deep strike?
All Terminators can, can't they?
>What's their AoF?
Rending, I think? I don't remember. I haven't planned out any modified AoFs yet.
>Whats the default weapon?
Boltgun or Storm Bolter.
>How does their SoF iteract with their termie 5++?
They get a 5++ and 6++ and use the more beneficial one (5++)
>Do they even have transports that fit them?
No, but they teleport and they're relentless and 24" range. They won't have problems finding things to shoot.
>>
File: NoCoverSavesSorry.jpg (138 KB, 573x592) Image search: [Google]
NoCoverSavesSorry.jpg
138 KB, 573x592
>>47987315
What is the best army and why is it Tau ?
What is the neckbeard army and why is it Space Marines ?
>>
>>47988306
>What is the neckbeard army and why is it Space Marines ?

close, the neckbeard army is SoB because its the closest they will ever get to tits
>>
>>47986329
I'm Texan too anon, it's okay.
>>
>>47988015
>Even the Gatling Cannon might be pushin' it in the balance department, especially when you can take it on BS4 Immolators too. I'd drop the option for Gatling Cannons on Immolators and make them a Dominator exclusive weapon.
My goal was to try to balance out the weapons choices. I don't think anyone has ever taken a Heavy Bolter over a Multi-Melta for the same price in all of history. The MM is just a better weapon. Unfortunately there isn't really a Bolter between the HB and the Avenger Bolt Cannon, which I thought overlapped too much with the Flamestorm Cannon.

Maybe an Inferno Cannon and an Avenger Bolt Cannon would be a better mix of weapons.
>>
>>47985192
So was the Thousand Sons hype just hype or am I thinking of a HH release?
>>
>>47988447
No idea what you're thinking about but there was some buzz about it, though whether it was the usual clickbait/"omg THSN not available in Paraguay, 100% proof of new box"
>>
>>47988447
There have been rumours of plastic Sons around which coincide with rumours of Curse of the Wulfen 2, naturally featuring heavy Tzeentch involvement. Apparently Magnus is getting in on things too although I myself am not sold on the possibility of him getting a daemon'd model before FW cashes in on that.

CotW2 is most likely a certainty but whether it will herald anything interesting for the CSM side is another question (remember how the Sisters were supposed to be a major player in Mont'ka? GW doesn't.)
>>
>>47988496
Aw, I've been wanting to run a Thousand Sons 40k warband forever
Oh well, Black Legion's easier to paint anyway.
Btw is the black legion supplement worth picking up?
>>
>>47988538
Nope.
Forces you to take WOTLW and it's "benefit" is the sub-par Chosen as troops.
>>
>>47988556
But VotLW is only 1 point per model and CSM can only afford to field a dozen models in a 1500 point game anyway.
>>
File: cyclopia cabal.jpg (261 KB, 666x932) Image search: [Google]
cyclopia cabal.jpg
261 KB, 666x932
>>47988581
For Chosen it's 2 ppm though (not to mention 5 for HQs unless you choose a DP) so the supposed benefit of having them as troops is considerably offset by making an overcosted unit even more overcosted.

Of course you could just take Cultists who can't buy VotLW but if you're playing BL you probably want to avoid Cultists anyway.

So all you really gain is access to a gimmicky set of relics and some formations, of which pic related is probably the most useful/fun.
>>
What books would you guys recommend for intro to learn more fluff?

Looking specifically at HH or somethings featuring Alpha Legion shenanigans.
>>
>>47988636
Any of the above
Typing out list of books momentarily because lettering was unreadable
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>47988656
>tfw autistic
The ones you can't see are -
Prospero Burns (thousand sons)
The Outcast Dead (renegades at the beginning of the heresy)
Tales of Heresy (short stories)
Age of Darkness (short stories)
Galaxy in Flames (Sons of Horus)
Fallen Angels (Sons of Horus)
>>
>>47988670
Not pictured - Ravenor's Return
>>
File: SoH_Reavers_Chieftain_Mk_IV.jpg (374 KB, 619x940) Image search: [Google]
SoH_Reavers_Chieftain_Mk_IV.jpg
374 KB, 619x940
>>47986493
Thank you. Now have a superior marine compared to any of Abaddon's dregs who can't maintain drop pods and other goodies. Horus's legion > Abaddon's legion
>>
>>47988670
>Fallen Angels (Sons of Horus)

But since I have you here Anon, are there any books you'd recommend that are about Eldar? As in from an Eldar viewpoint and not this Imperium shittery. I need inspiration and pointers for my upcoming Dark Heresy game where my players decided to ally with them instead of shooting them
>>
>>47988683
>>
File: 311193_md-.jpg (55 KB, 500x579) Image search: [Google]
311193_md-.jpg
55 KB, 500x579
How can Orks take battlewagons as dedicated transports?
>>
>>47988716
meganobz
>>
>>47988636
Alpha legion books tend to be pretty boring honestly. You start reading the book hoping to learn more about the internal workings of the legion, and instead find out it's a book about a completely different set of mooks with legionaries occasionally popping in to say "Hey just a reminder we're secretly controlling everything behind the scenes kthnx bye."
>>
>>47988687
>eldar
Harlequin is about an Ordos Xenos investigation into the Eldar, iirc.
Iirc it also contains some grade XXX heresy in which an Inquisitor sleeps with a shapeshifter who had assumed a Harlequin's form.
The series might be worth picking up, I really haven't read it in so long you'd have to give me atleast 12 hours to get a synopsis.
The two short stories books are highly recommended, they have a bit of everything in them including a particularly heartwrenching story involving the Alpha Legion literally going "psh, nothing personal kid" as they sabotage said kid's world.

Also should be worth noting, the short stories are based in 30k.

I'm pretty sure all my novels have to do with Space Marines or Guardsmen, I'm a normie like that.
>>
File: s-l1600[1].jpg (140 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600[1].jpg
140 KB, 1024x1365
Quick modeling question.

Does this version of the Basilisk kit come with the crew bits? I'm trying to model up my artillery battery with crews on it.
>>
>>47988732
I'll give Harlequin a look into then, cheers Anon. I think I've actually read the first couple of 30k short story books already, also. I remember the Alpha Legion story.
>>
>>47985490
Like the work, though I feel like hatred - space marines have always been out of place for chaos spacemarines considering who is betraying who.
>>
>>47988800
Hatred Space Marines can be easily justified. I'm sure many traitor marines consider themselves to be the true inheritors of the galaxy and that the loyalists blind obedience of a corpse is an act of betrayal.
>>
File: 1441157495614.jpg (665 KB, 1524x1043) Image search: [Google]
1441157495614.jpg
665 KB, 1524x1043
>>47988870
Which is strange as they want to replace all machines with dinosaurs.
>>
>>47988894
Why is that Abbadon blue?
>>
>>47988938
The Vengeful Spirit has some funky air, and Abby needs some fresh air.
>>
File: Naamloos-2.png (138 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
Naamloos-2.png
138 KB, 350x350
>>47988938
I guess you could say he's feeling a little violet
>>
>>47987093
That DtW is OP

My personal wishlist is the ability to Pray before battle, which lets the opponent auto-win the rolls for picking sides and deploying first. If you Pray you get +1 invuln
>>
File: 1374040079643.jpg (6 KB, 205x205) Image search: [Google]
1374040079643.jpg
6 KB, 205x205
>>47988996
Ten thousand years of hatred have left him a little blue in the face.
>>
File: vect.png (738 KB, 844x466) Image search: [Google]
vect.png
738 KB, 844x466
What are you working on /tg/?

I got my dark eldar start collecting box today, which is great.
It's a shame there's no female archon model, I originally wanted to get in to dark eldar because of their equal gender representation.
But that doesn't matter, I'm going to build one out of a warrior. I need to find a way to kitbash the two without it looking awful or even worse than that, unremarkable.
>>
>>47989079
I hear you. Kitbashing and converting female Eldar is suffering. And I just had to be the faggot that wanted a female HQ option for all fucking three of the Eldar factions.

Right now I'm building a Warhound.
>>
File: The_Wendigo.jpg (189 KB, 900x700) Image search: [Google]
The_Wendigo.jpg
189 KB, 900x700
How do I make an empire of Space Wendigos work?
>>
>>47989079
You might have a better time using a Wych torso than a warrior, and then using bits of the Archon's armour to beef her up a bit. You'd probably end up with something more unique too.
>>
>>47989079
Finishing up my Tau. Now I want to star on the guard kits I bought, but thinking of doing them up as renegades instead.
>>
>>47989079
Daemons.

So cheap.
So many.
>>
>>47989144
I really want the husk blade but I also want to sell the archon sprue, it's so had to decide what to do.
>>
File: 1466547044052.jpg (166 KB, 498x1493) Image search: [Google]
1466547044052.jpg
166 KB, 498x1493
>>47988938
>abbadon
>bb
>>
>>47989079

Finishing pieces of my Imperial Knight for priming. After that I'm going to have to build 10 tactical marines. I hate building tactical marines.
>>
>>47989231
He's called abbadon because it's a b-bbig blue baby.
>>
File: Photo Jun 26, 12 16 08 AM.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Photo Jun 26, 12 16 08 AM.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>47989079

WIP:

The one on the left is my Archon's bride
>>
>>47989302
What's the wedding cake going to be like?
>>
>>47989209
Sell nothing. Hoard all bits. I know you've just got the Start Collecting box for now, but if you want to do a full army, you never know what you're going to regret not having because you got rid of it.

Once you're done, sell everything you haven't used.
>>
>>47989079
A Wave Serpent. Really makes me want to get an airbrush to make painting tanks easier.
>>
Anybody know good places to play 40k in Vancouver? I'm moving there for a few months.
>>47985192
>>
>>47989372
I'm going to end up getting a second box anyway because it's actually much cheaper if I want more bikes, warriors and a second raider.
That said, I may actually go with >>47989302
wife idea.

He's going with a squad of trueborn so I could make the dracon his waifu, a cute couple of murderous monsters.
>>
>>47988938
Taubbadon the despoiler! For the Greater Gods!

His defilers are MCs, and he can give friendly chaos units a bonus to hit by pointing at enemies REALLY hard!
>>
>>47988938

Sneaky git tried to paint blueface to infiltrate Tau stronghold.
>>
>>47983859
>You're just jelly cause you're not FABULOUS. We're so hot, it made Fulgrim rage.
Less jealous and more bored with red and black being the only colors I commonly see on the table. I like an Army with some visual pop, which generally means they need to stand out a bit on the table.

Blood Angels with their brooding reds and blacks don't.
>>
>>47988785
It comes with the track guards, so it comes with the crew.
>>
>>47990046
>I like an Army with some visual pop, which generally means they need to stand out a bit on the table.
I could make a suggestion.
>>
>>47988636
I have 2 cabinets and a bookshelf
What faction do you like, or do you want a general feel for the setting?

>HH
First 3 HH books

>AL
Keep reading the HH series :^)))
>>
>>47990099
1. While I like Templars, we go back to the problem of "too many armies are painted black". Pisses me off sometimes how lazy people can be by picking black only because they primed black.
2. Blacktide is how I honestly want to play Templars but that's a load of pants right now so no thanks.
>>
>>47990046
>Visual pop
Ok anon - Do you like SM? Imperial Fists or White Scars

Xenos? CWE that aren't Ulthwe, or Tau with a bright scheme
>>
File: Hospitalers_Scheme.png (294 KB, 400x581) Image search: [Google]
Hospitalers_Scheme.png
294 KB, 400x581
>>47990168
>While I like Templars, we go back to the problem of "too many armies are painted black". Pisses me off sometimes how lazy people can be by picking black only because they primed black.
>2. Blacktide is how I honestly want to play Templars but that's a load of pants right now so no thanks.
I do have an alternative for you. I like to think the Hospitallers are a BT successor chapter since they're non-Codex compliant, and have the same theme as the Templars do.
>>
>>47990213
You forgot Bad Moons for Xenos. Unless you were trying to spare me from starting a low teir Army.

I have a weird relationship with Marines. On one hand I like the models and enjoy their fluff. On the other I hate constant mirror matches.

The meta around here isn't choking on Marines or anything, it's just something that bothers me for stupid reasons.
>>
>>47990251
Second founding chapters don't have successors (even if their geneseed is used the credit always goes to the first founding chapter).
>>
>>47990268
Yeah i wanted to avoid Low tiers
Tbh m8 you could also go Corsairs, since their fun (if expensive in dolla dolla)

I always had a dream of making a gotta go fast all bike list with the Scars, alas i'm effectively a Xeno/Daemon player thanks to local players
>>
>>47990289
The Black Templars have two known successor chapters. The Red Templars and the White Templars.
>>
>>47985680
The same players that tell CSM players to "suck it up" when they have something CSM don't have?
>>
File: Commorragh_Dark_City.png (2 MB, 1260x889) Image search: [Google]
Commorragh_Dark_City.png
2 MB, 1260x889
post cool deldar art/paintjobs, talk about your deldar, discuss the worst army in the game
>>
>>47990320
Both are listed as Imperial Fists successors.

Also they don't train Neophytes like the Black Templars do, or use Crusader Squads.
>>
File: 1460883792357.jpg (414 KB, 1280x1039) Image search: [Google]
1460883792357.jpg
414 KB, 1280x1039
Planning on converting up a bunch of inquisitors.
What's the best load out for each ordo?
>>
File: always bet on duke.jpg (339 KB, 800x4600) Image search: [Google]
always bet on duke.jpg
339 KB, 800x4600
>>47990387
I love my fun list
Shame the FAQ raped up

DE also have the best models in the current modelbaes
>>
>>47990307
That's fair. Not really looking to sell a kidney to fund an Army though. Came to close to that with Sisters.
>>
>>47990121
>>47988731
>>47988670

Thanks for steering in the right direction. I started with Tau on tabletop but got sidetracked by Alpha Legion's JUSTASPLANNED nature.

So I guess next on my list of wanting to get into SM/CSM would be Thousand Sons.

I like watching train wrecks so anything like that or aforementioned JUSTASPLANNED gets me going.
>>
File: harley muses why.png (124 KB, 262x288) Image search: [Google]
harley muses why.png
124 KB, 262x288
>>47990417
Now that's just unfair.
>>
>>47990508
Black Templars don't make successors, just more crusader fleets.
>>
New player here,

Are tyranids getting a new codex this or the next year?
>>
>>47990541
I guess that's good enough for me anyway.
>>
>>47990563
Rumours are all for AoS shit for the next few months and possibly a new edition of 40k after that. I wouldn't bet on it.
>>
>>47990586
Deathwatch rumors for this year too.

Also some Genestealer cult claims where made on BoLS.
>>
File: collagearmy.jpg (922 KB, 3062x4000) Image search: [Google]
collagearmy.jpg
922 KB, 3062x4000
>>47990387
I'm working on a DE freakshow right now, and it should work well considering my main opponent uses a bunch of Tau MCs. Can't wait to inflict infinite wounds
>>
>>47990563
Doubt it
>>
>>47990701
Anon... How did you do that starry effect? That looks excellent.
>>
File: [Codex]Genestealer Cult.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
[Codex]Genestealer Cult.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47990613
>Also some Genestealer cult claims where made on BoLS.
This will be interesting to see. It will either be nothing (No actual rule additions) or it will actually be pretty good (More formations, new delivery systems, actual upgrades and options, etc...)
>>
>>47990613
>claims where made on BoLS
Does a bear shit in the woods?
>>
>>47987093
That DtW thing is absolutely absurd.

I like reducing the base cost of sisters, an already pretty fairly costed unit given their AoF and Invuln, increasing the cost of their guns to compensate, and then making the weapons free anyways. Well done. Would not play against/10.
>>
File: Chaos Space Marines Supplement.jpg (571 KB, 1194x1546) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Space Marines Supplement.jpg
571 KB, 1194x1546
>>47985490
I don't know if you're still here or not anon, but here, have a thing.
>>
>>47990701
>Archon Victarion Greyjoy
You magnificent son of a bitch
>>
>>47990927
It was less mindless than usual and claimed to be from a "proven source".

That said, I'll believe it when I see it.
>>
>>47987489
The bodyguards are all sergeants.
>>
>>47985490
At this point, I think your biggest issue is that you need to fix the crappy stuff that's left over from the core codex.

Make the Icons of Despair and Flame worthwhile, make all sergeants 2W and (maybe) optional, unfuck the Boon table, give us +1W versions of the HQ's, etc. CSM still need some way of actually making it into CC.

Major improvements since the last version, though. Good job.
>>
>>47985605
Just put the page numbers in a Header/Footer.
>>
File: avengerp4.jpg (82 KB, 800x680) Image search: [Google]
avengerp4.jpg
82 KB, 800x680
who else here is buying some FW models now that Brexit has weakened the pound sterling?

pic related, getting a second one
>>
>>47991347
>tfw britbong
>tfw not able to save money on FW purchases

Fuck fucking brexit I never wanted it anyway
>>
>>47991347
You should now be able save about $1.50 on that model anon. Go crazy!
>>
>>47990771
I did a mix of Incubi darkness and black for the background, then did random greens upwards, mixing them with like purple of blue randomly. then i did white stars on top
>>
>>47990984
Not him, but that's really nice, anon.
>>
>>47991408
No one is saving more than a couple bucks, the £ held, dont listen to retards on 4chan.
>>
>>47991520
I don't need 4chan, anon, I have the ravings of the fucking British public.
>>
>>47990984
I HAVE RETURNED

And this looks really good anon. Thanks. I'll try and integrate it with the rest of the document.
>>
>>47991520
I mean u can google the stats and see it dropped 10% but ok lol
>>
How the fuck do I win against Tau with DE.
>>
>>47991602
Poison the player.
>>
>>47991563
Its 1:1.28 right now. It was 1:1.43 a month ago. 1:1.38 a week ago.

Unless you're placing orders upwards of several thousand £'s, the savings isnt significant. Unless you're one of the retards that pretends $10 is a huge deal, while simultaneously spending $300 on resin toys.
>>
>>47991619
But he's my friend (for now)
>>
New DE player.

Really scared to paint my first vehicles.(reavers + raider)

Any tips/things I need to do differently compared to just painting warriors?
>>
File: 99120101157_SCBloodAngels01.jpg (114 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
99120101157_SCBloodAngels01.jpg
114 KB, 600x620
Is start collecting blood angels worth the money? I could pump up my forces.
>>
>>47991602
>how do I win against one of the strongest codexes in the game with one of the weakest
I mean, you're pretty much fucked from the get-go. The fact that it's Tau, who are swimming in the mid-high strength shooting needed to crack open your vehicles just makes it worse.

Crazy good luck and/or being a vastly better player can help, but you're essentially trying to break through a brick wall face-first. Just give up and play with someone else or start introducing house-rules.
>>
>>47991654
Thin your paint properly. All those large flat surfaces will show brush-strokes even more.

Accept that your first couple hundred models will be mediocre, but that in this hobby even a shitty paint-job looks alright from a distance and puts you ahead of us legions of grayfags.
>>
>>47991637
Well then gift him with a black hole in a box!

Seriously though, that is probably the most lopsided match up you could have.
>>
>>47991663
Yeah, but unlike other SC boxes it's not worth repeatedly buying.
>>
>>47991663
Yes. You generally get $18-20 worth of models you wouldn't get if you bought the units separately. Unless you don't plan on using some part of the pack and don't like kitbashing or personalization, the start collecting pack is good.
>>
>>47991520
Pound dropped 10% though
Remember when 1 pound was about 1.5 dollars? it's down to 1.32
>>
>>47991635
I'm sorry you're angry about being poor now, but I was always planning on buying all my FW after Brexit to cash in on the savings.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.