[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THE KING IN THE NORTH!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: snap-00240.png (491 KB, 720x418) Image search: [Google]
snap-00240.png
491 KB, 720x418
...Also a 3 pronged army with dragons coming from the South, and Maleficent in the middle. Let's not forget the Night King who will need some way to get through the apparently magically imbued Wall. And why are we still watching Samwise Tarlee discovering more books? At least Arya finally came into her own, wish that could have happened 3 seasons ago.

Anyway, this is your constellation. You are the GM. How do you resolve it?
>>
Does Cersei have any army left?

The Kingslayer could serve as general, but are there troops left? Okay, nothing that could withstand Ironborn from sea, Unsullied and Dothraki from land, and Drogon, Viserion, and Rhaegal from above. But is there an at least theoretical force that King's Landing could contribute to the Wall?

And what will the King of the North do when Khaleesi comes up the Riverlands? Marry her? He's her nephew!
>>
>>47984238
>why are we still watching Samwise Tarlee discovering more books?

Because he's going to achieve his lifelong dream of becoming a wizard. He'll probably proceed to throw fireballs at people, since apparently half of the setting now has easy access to explosives and incendiaries.
>>
>>47985375
God please yes, I've been living vicariously through that fat fuck for years now. If he can rain arcane might on even one plebian I will be happy.
>>
>>47985124
>what will he do? Marry her?
Yes.

>He's her nephew!
Targaryen.
>>
File: VyOmy.jpg (124 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
VyOmy.jpg
124 KB, 1366x768
>>47984238
I ensure that my players are well stuffed.
>>
>>47986096
Kek
>>
>>47985375
>his lifelong dream of becoming a wizard
Too bad he threw it all away for a pity fuck from Cassie Wildborn.
>>
So the Young Wolf or the White Wolf?
>>
>>47986045
Your logic has overwhelmed my doubts.
Proceed.
>>
>>47986206
That's actually about it. I mean, there's the whole Prince Who Was Promised, but my opinion is that the PWWP and the Three-Headed Dragon are the same.

The three heads are, in my opinion, Dany, Jon, and, genuine spoilers here, either Aegon or Tyrion.
>>
>>47986195
Well only one of them is alive so...
>>
>>47986235
Help me out here,
who is Aegon and still alive?

But yeah, with R+L=J pretty much confirmed, Wolfboy has to be at least a part of Azor Ahai, and Daeny has been pushed as mary shoe-in from ep 1. With The Mighty Imp kneeling to Daeny I'm pretty sure he's out of the race. So who is Aegon again?
>>
>>47986328
Littlefinger.
>>
>>47984238
>Anyway, this is your constellation. You are the GM. How do you resolve it?

TWENTY
GOOD
MEN
>>
>>47986235
I think it's Jon, Dany and The Hound .
>>
>>47986328
Book character. The baby that the Mountain allegedly killed was a replacement. Varys spirited the child out and he was raised by an exile knight to be a good Westerosi king.

He's actually not bad. But he was only introduced in book five. So, you know, probably not going to last long. I hope he does, though.

He's Dany's nephew. He's currently leading an army in Westeros right now with its core built around the Golden Company, the best fighting force in the world at the time.

But since he hasn't shown up yet, I'm afraid it's because he's to be slain off and Tyrion will be the third head. Makes sense, especially with that water-holding theory that he's actually a Targaryen.

>>47986363
Is this a joke, or no? I mean, if you have thoughts on why, I'd like to hear.
>>
>>47986377
but since he hasn't shown up yet in the show*
>>
So why do people want Daenerys on the throne ?
>>
>>47986377
I should really catch up on the books now.
I think the last I read was the one with the Red Wedding...

>>47986395
She's cute. And soooo tragic.
>>
>>47986395
Because they don't think very well.

Or because they want to see Tyrion succeed, and having him be the Hand behind the throne means that shit will get done well.
>>
>>47986419
She's also incompetent and I doubt she has a game plan after I take the Iron Throne
>>
>>47986395
Strong woman idealism, despite the fact that she is a terrible ruler
>>
>>47986431
She has aspirations to being a good ruler. She doesn't understand, but she cares.

Sansa and Cersei are written way worse when it comes to reason. To bad they didn't let Margaery out of the sept, she was a sapient adult female for once. Could have watched more of her, no problem.

>>47986377
Wasn't there a theory that this was Varys' secret pony?
>>
>>47986395
I don't. I want the Iron Throne to be destroyed, and for Westeros to go full anarchy
>>
>>47986479
>wasn't there a theory that this was Varys' secret pony?
Yes. There's a theory that the boy isn't even a Targaryen, he just looks the part because Varys found a boy with enough Valyrian blood as to have similar enough features. Or that he is a Blackfyre descendant.

Honestly, I don't think it matters too much. The boy was raised to be king. He was raised well. He's the ideal King to Dany's Queen, and with Tyrion acting as their Hand they would make a very good court.

Realistically speaking, it'll probably be Dany and Jon on the throne, with Tyrion behind them and, if Aegon survives, he'll act as their Marshal. The kid has a gift for leading men, as he's doing a fine enough job with the Golden Company.
>>
>>47985375
>>47985410
Sam discovering the recipe for Black Powder?
>>
>I'm sorry I kept inconsequential secrets for a day longer than it would have taken to save your army of wildlings who trusted you with their lives.

> It's okay.
>>
>Why won't you listen to me? I have lived in Winterfell just a few weeks ago. I know Ramsey. He'll try to trick you.

>Okay, I'll listen. What is your advice?

> -
>>
File: Diplomacy in action.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Diplomacy in action.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>47986453
Woah you just triggered me. If you're not okay with my favorite stronk womyn burning innocent men alive for no reason other than "muh dragons", then you're just a bigot. Pic related, it's her masterful strategy of winning over hearts and minds of the people. Truly an inspiration.
>>
>>47986574
Show me one innocent in GoT.
Just one.
>>
>>47986532
>>47986552
>tfw people view Sansa as a strong woman
>tfw people want Sansa to become Queen of the North
>yfw Sansa screws Jon and over so she can rule
>>
File: image.png (176 KB, 500x287) Image search: [Google]
image.png
176 KB, 500x287
>>47986592
>>
File: 1416018210515.jpg (104 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1416018210515.jpg
104 KB, 700x700
>>47986617
Oh man, my feelings.
>>
>>47986596
Sansa has been a victim from the get go. No one sees her as stronk wymmenz.

But there is a definite tendency in the writing now: suddenly matriarchy. And it does smell a lot like political pandering.

No TV show will answer the complex questions of modern feminism. But even GoT will go down in flamewars if the theme is used poorly because it is a strongly polarized issue since GGate.

I'm all for strong womam characters, GoT has a few: Yara, Brienne, Margaery, ... It is an interesting story to tell.

But one has to tell the story, no preempt the outcome and then bend all the Mary Sue plots to fit.
>>
File: Not Stannis.png (656 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Not Stannis.png
656 KB, 1280x720
>>47986592
The throne was his by right. Incestuous criminals and traitorous dogs would try to stop him at every turn, but they would be no match for the army that he would lead. He would have taken what was his after being undermined his whole life. R.I.P. the one true king of Westoros. You were taken too soon.
>>
>>47986668
Well the filename summed up my reaction to this
>>
File: XQeqNhY.jpg (234 KB, 1978x770) Image search: [Google]
XQeqNhY.jpg
234 KB, 1978x770
I can see the show being a recreation of a table top rpg that George R.R. Martin ran as GM and the writers played the characters. Things are going well, the game has a lot of exciting/rewarding moments when the players plan things out, the role playing is good, and the GM isn't afraid to give them real risk for being lawful stupid or recklessly impulsive.

But after a few sessions the players lose respect for the DM and start trying to derail his whole plot. They min-max the shit out of female fighters to the point of god-hood in order to take over a kingdom to the war cries of "you need the bad pussy". The players even go full magical realm and pull their cocks out every time George tries to world build or progress the plot.

He tries to stop them by killing off all their characters but they just keep rules lawyering their way out of it or using loaded dice for save against death throws. It gets so bad that they can withstand a full heavy cavalry charge solo, parkour for miles just after being gutted in the slums, and in a wine fueled stupor they blow up nearly all of the NPCs that George used as quest givers to keep things even slightly on track. George has given up all hope for this campaign to be salvaged, so he does his equivalent of “rocks fall and you die” with “ice zombies wreck your shit and you die.”
>>
>>47987065
Seems reasonable
>>
The series producers are brilliant. They start the show strong. One of the best TV series with the first two seasons, then they gradually make the series shit. Season 6 is just a pile of dong with less brain cells than amoeba, so that mediocre scenes are highlighted as BESTES EVAH! Those are the real Littlefingers.
>>
>>47987146
Yup.

But better a littlefinger than no action at all.
>>
>>47986096
kek2
>>
>>47986377
He's a Blackfyre bastard.
>>
>If you count carefully Jon killed (or distracted long enough for them to be killed) exactly 20 dudes
>Ramsey's 20 good men slaughtered
>Jon alone is worth more than Stannis' entire army
>>
File: implying.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
implying.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>>47986668
>one true king of westeros
>when Jon is exists

still, did not deserve what happened to him. Traitors be damned
>>
>>47987686
POETRY IN MOTION
>>
>tfw no night king in the books

Oh well at least we have Euron "Coldsteel" Greyjoy.
>>
>>47986377
Another reason why the show is shit.
>>
>varys can teleport and or create clones of himself

O-okay
>>
>>47986552
>>47986596

The thing that kills me about her bullshit is that she's had weeks or even months to speak up, and only decided to lay that out on the night before.

Like, she was there in the planning room. Or input was valued. She just didn't get asked the specific question she was trying to psychically get them to ask.
>>
>>47987686
Does this mean that Jon has ascended past fookin legend level?
>>
>>47988723
He killed the fookin legend
He killed sir twenty of house good man
And his twenty good men
So yeah I think he's getting there
>>
>>47986574
Fuck you for using the word triggered because you're offended.

If you had any idea what it really means you would never use it again.
>>
>>47988814
So let's recount Westeros's current living Badasses.

We have Jon 'Last Bastard Standing' Snow
We have Brienne 'The Beauty' of Tarth
We have Sandor 'Fuck Your Titles' Clegane
And we have...whatever's left of Gregor.

The list is getting pretty short. Or am I missing a few?
>>
>>47986395
Gurrl powah. She is literally no better than Joffrey at this point.
>>
>>47989050
I'm pretty sure there is a difference between being 16 and fucking trying to rule a fucked up kingdom, and fucking up from time to time, and being a sadistic psychopath who loves that he can get away with being a cunt.

I don't think Daenys a good ruler. I think she's a young girl, in way over her head. In a different world she could be fine.
Joffrey is a terrible person no matter where you stick him.
>>
>>47988872

Ser Bronn of the Blackwater?
>>
>>47989050
This is a stupid meme. She's perfectly fine.
>>
>>47989050
She is, at least, willing to listen to her advisors instead of demanding someone bring him another hooker to kill.
>>
>>47986532

They needed to reduce the wildings numbers to make them manageable. It was a good thing in the end.
>>
File: 1369095716985.jpg (626 KB, 864x1100) Image search: [Google]
1369095716985.jpg
626 KB, 864x1100
>>47986363
Nay, not him. Claganebowl is potentially still on though.

It's Happening...Get HYPE!
>>
>>47989996
>Cercei is forced to flee KL
>get captured by the brotherhood
>Berric allows trial by combat
>FUCKING CONFIRMED
>Arya turns up and kills Cercei regardless of the outcome
>>
>>47987065
>so he does his equivalent of “rocks fall and you die” with “ice zombies wreck your shit and you die.”

...your journey it began because You Died....
>>
>>47986552
>What's your advice?
>I'm not a fucking warrior man, just don't run in there willy nilly. He's crafty, you have to be craftier
>yeah okay lol
>*full frontal charge*
>>
File: how to solve dany's problem.png (619 KB, 720x418) Image search: [Google]
how to solve dany's problem.png
619 KB, 720x418
There, I solved one powercreep problem. Fuck, I'm good.
>>
>Varys has actually ninja powers

How did he learn this?
>>
>>47986453
No she's not. She's an above par ruler whose one moral hangup happens to be the most subversive possible thing in the place she happened to be ruling. Also, she's badly written on the show and acts like a stubborn child. The character is supposed to be a reasonable, intelligent individual. The author just needed to kill time before she invaded Westeros so he improvised a bunch of bullshit to keep her occupied. If you're faulting her for it all you're being a bit silly.

>muh feminists
George Martin doesn't pander. He writes strong men and strong women and weak men and weak men as he sees fit. He writes Dany as a strong character so what's there to bitch about?
>>
File: olenna-tyrell-1024.jpg (284 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
olenna-tyrell-1024.jpg
284 KB, 1024x576
>>47986660
You forgot the muthafucking champion
>>
File: Harder than Valerian Steel.jpg (50 KB, 1400x778) Image search: [Google]
Harder than Valerian Steel.jpg
50 KB, 1400x778
>>47991110
>George Martin doesn't pander.

True, the books are full of nuance and complex/flawed yet relate-able characters. The show writers haven't been doing that for a few seasons and strip nearly all of the humanity from them to the point of satire. So whenever there is bashing of certain "stronk, first of her name" character they are talking about the show by default, not the books.
>>
>>47989647
If we're talking about the show, you really can't use the "16 years old," argument. She's being played by, treated like, and the audience is told that, she's an adult through her actions and interactions. She's an adult. They made everyone in the show older so it was easier to connect to. She's just a bad ruler, and she likely won't do any better in Westeros because she's only Westerosi by title. She's not from there, wasn't raised like she was from there, and only wants to go back there because she was told her entire life that it's technically her brothers, and by extension, hers.

She should go back to the Dothraki Sea. She's more Dothraki than anything else.
>>
>>47988872
Jamie is pretty badass, too.
>>
>>47991575
Yeah, personally I would have had her stay in "Dragon's Bay", have her armies conquer the other free cities and her Dothraki continue patrolling the Great Grass Sea. And if anyone asks her to respond with:

Fuck Westeros, I'm reforming the Valyrian Empire with my self as Empress of all Essos
>>
>>47986592
Sam?
>>
>>47990249
You automatically get them for free 12 levels after they cut off you cock. The reason none of the unsullied got them is because they never live long enough.
>>
>>47991575
They made her older so it would be legal to film.
>>
>>47992020
So? It doesn't change the fact that she's older and should be treated as such.
>>
File: snap-00141.png (364 KB, 720x418) Image search: [Google]
snap-00141.png
364 KB, 720x418
So Bran is going to be the reason the White Walkers will be able to bring the Wall down, right?

He bears the Night King's mark, and he's going to carry it across the 'strong magic' in the foundations of the Wall.
>>
>>47985124
As a single army, the Lannisters are still the biggest, but with pretty much all of them dead, Jaime looking like he is having doubts etc... and everyone else unifying against them, they don't stand a chance
>>
>>47994513
Who is managing the gold now that Tywin has been dead for a season? Seems like there wouldn't be much left by now.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (62 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
62 KB, 600x400
>>47984238
"I defeated your uncle Victarion and his Iron Fleet off Fair Isle, the first time your father crowned himself. I held Storm's End against the power of the Reach for a year, and took Dragonstone from the Targaryens. I smashed Mance Rayder at the Wall, though he had twenty times my numbers. Tell me, turncloak, what battles has the Bastard of Bolton ever won that I should fear him?"
>>
>>47986617
Heartbroken
>>
>>47994546
I wouldn't be surprised if Cersei spent it all on alcohol.
>>
>>47988433
Yeah what the fuck was that btw?
>>
>>47988433
>>47994771
I assume he went fucking STRAIGHT to dorne, stayed for a day to talk, then instantly came back ASAP

The episode was spanning over the course of around a month
>>
>>47994546
Her uncle Kevin probably gave the job to some intelligent men he trusted, I assume they have people working on it, not that cersei would have a clue
>>
>>47994848
Yes, but if those people working on it do then they are no longer working for Cersei but for themselves, in an ostensibly deniable way.
>>
>>47994597
F

Based Mannis for One True King
>>
File: Sad Davos.jpg (60 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
Sad Davos.jpg
60 KB, 612x612
>>47986617
>>
>>47994597
>>47994913

Hahaha, well memed mannisfags!

But is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Euron Greyjoy? Let alone defeat him. And I’m not talking about Euron Crow's Eye. I’m not talking about King Euron Greyjoy of the Iron Islands, Third of His Name either. Hell, I’m not even talking about Euron Bloodeye the Conqueror with endless supply of nightshade and dark sorcery (with foresight power and being capable of both Qartheen warlock and blood magic), equipped with his full suit of Valyrian steel armor and commanding the Iron Fleet from the deck of the Silence with dozens of sacrificial holy men and magicians to feed the demons of the seas, plotting to reduce Westeros into a throne of skulls and to rule the ashes alongside his fire-handed consort
>>
File: GONE.png (664 KB, 915x1063) Image search: [Google]
GONE.png
664 KB, 915x1063
>>47986617
>>
>>47985124
tfw you're the King of the North, universally loved by all of your people. you just finished wiping out your greatest current mortal enemy & are free to prepare to fuck up the incoming zombie army. your two greatest marriage candidates are your cousin and your aunt.

truly the life of a king
>>
>>47984238
I AM ANGRY
ANGRY ABOUT TARGARYENS
The story was always famous because the charaters were allegedly "grey" or tried to be a bit morally complex. But this is clearly bullshit, since the story is all about predestination now. Special snowflake danny who has purple eyes and white hair and dragons and fire resistance is going to take the throne. Either her or Jon Snow who is a better character but also predestinated. Or both. I hope this doesn't happend or this story is going to be worse than a fucking fanfic. We need Stannis the mannis back to purge house special snowflake once and for all.
>>
File: Muh Pure Bloodlines.jpg (559 KB, 2048x1363) Image search: [Google]
Muh Pure Bloodlines.jpg
559 KB, 2048x1363
>>47996967
and? What's the worst that can happen...wait...
>>
>>47997955
They need to just fuck already and produce some absurdly OP demigod offspring.
>>
>>47994513
Wat the Reach hasn't done jack shit in forever or Dorne for that matter beyond getting its heirs killed
>>
File: grace ehehehehe.jpg (487 KB, 863x1200) Image search: [Google]
grace ehehehehe.jpg
487 KB, 863x1200
>>47985124
hot
>>
>>47985124
Both Starks and Targaryens have had plenty of marriages worse than nephew/aunt
>>
I guess this is the best place to ask but I kinda want to play/run a Game of Thrones game. I own Green Ronin's A Song of Ice and Fire Game of Thrones Edition and the campaign guide. I'm only a showfag and the people I play with only one of them has watched the show.

So if I were to run a game, where should their house be located. I figure the North or the Riverlands would be the 'best' for players but I'm not sure.
>>
>>47998850
The Riverlands in my opinion is a great place to set the game. You're torn between protecting your lands from the raiding of the Mountain whilst similarly required by the your liege lord to support the King in the North.
>>
>>47985124
jaime will maybe kill cersei
the prophecy says she will get killed by a younger brother
grrm feeds on shock-effect so this will likely happen

i mean, jaime killed arys because he threatened to blow the entire city up with wildfire (which cersei did)
>>
>>47998850
Up to flavor really.

Southern scheming, central power plays, or Northern blood & honor, in shades from gritty Iron Islands to the cushy Vale of Arryn. Use a house that doesn't rule a whole region but serves another, a minor one, with just a few valleys or islands, ships or toll roads.
>>
>>47999003
Wouldn't scheming in the South result in failrure because you have to deal with the Lannisters and possibly the Hound or god forbid the Mountain that Rides.
>>
>>47994831
>>47994771
He might have met the fleet at sea as well.
>>
>>47997955
It's a Song of *Ice* and *Fire*, it was always about Dany and Jon, always.
>>
>>47999592
But the Fire has been the least interesting thing that's been going on.
>>
>>47985124
>And what will the King of the North do when Khaleesi comes up the Riverlands? Marry her? He's her nephew!

Have you not noticed the entire plot of these books revolves around incest? Particularly the Targaryens
>>
>>47998935
Bran will kill her. Did the prophecy specify whose younger brother it will be?
>>
>>47999667
Not really, the prophecy said "the little brother" would kill her. She thought it was Tyrion, when it could be any little brother, even Jaime.
>>
>>47999003
>Vale of Arryn.
>cushy
Houses in the Vale generally start poor and lawless in the game.

>>47998850
Check out some of the ASOIAF quests on suptg, Karban, Harrock, and Bourdain(note, Bourdain rolled extremely high starting stats and should not be indicative of a normal campaign).

I'd say let them roll for starting location, unless you have a campaign storyline in mind already. An Iron Island campaign's problems are probably going to be quite different than one set in the Crownlands. Also, use a d10 to pick location, as the 3d6 tend to roll the average and land in the Mountains of the Moon.

Of course, you could pick a location on the map and then use different region's stats to roll. A Northern house right next to White Harbor might use Crownland stats, a Dornish house in the Kingspass might use Mountain of the Moon stats etc.

What time period are you wanting to play in? That can have a big effect on where you want to be as well.
>>
>>47999758
I don't have any storyline really plot out but I was thinking about having the game take place a year or two before a Game of Thrones so Jon Arryn would still be alive, Robert's still King and Ned's in the North.
>>
>>47999823
>I don't have any storyline really plot out
Good, because how a house rolls out will affect a lot of the things that they can and cannot do, and indeed how the world around will perceive and interact with them. Houses with low law will probably have to start out fighting bandits off of their lands, low influence and their neighbors will be picking at them, low wealth and it's going to be Economics, Ho! etc.

I would do the house roll up before doing your early campaign prep. Later, long term conflicts can be made ready and tailored to the house, but if it starts out dirt poor and shit covered you'll probably have to spend some time getting back on their feet.

With that timeline, I'd suggest starting them fairly far away from King's Landing or the North, as meta gaming is pretty tempting.
>>
>>47999696
I like the irony of Bran killing her. She's the reasons he's crippled, he gets revenge. It could work
>>
>>47986195
White Wolf sounds cooler. Plus it fits the whole "legitimized bastard uses reversed house colours" thing.
>>
>>47988872
Thoros and Beric are washed up badasses.

If we're in the book universe, the Blackfish and Areo Hotah yet live, and Lord Manderly is actually kinda cool, too.
>>
>>47986377
>He's actually not bad.
Well, he kinda is. Varys and whatisname, fat guy, Illiyro's (don't know if I've spelled that right) plan to raise him with a sense of how the common people live kinda failed when they brought him up in the knowledge that he is to take the throne.

Like when Tyrion beats him at chess, the kid kicks the table over and demands that Tyrion pick the pieces up. Targaryen or Blackfyre or neither, fact is that this kid is just another spoilt bratling.
>>
>>47986395
Because she's a slightly better option than Cersei?
>>
>>48000460
Her solution to dealing with the slavers before Tyrion interjected was burn them all.

Seems like 'Westeros would just trade one Mad Queen for another.
>>
File: Now.you.fucked.up.gif (218 KB, 500x442) Image search: [Google]
Now.you.fucked.up.gif
218 KB, 500x442
>>47988665
I shouldn't have to tell you my feelings! You should want to know what my feelings on situations that I have no experience in are!
>>
File: 1401686816367.jpg (468 KB, 1280x3597) Image search: [Google]
1401686816367.jpg
468 KB, 1280x3597
>>47988872
>Sandor 'Eat Every Fucking Chicken In Westeros' Clegane
Fixed that for you

Sidenote: I would consider Littlefinger a badass but I realize its probably not in the context you imply. Someone already mentioned Bronn. No one mentioned Tormund tho
>>
>>47996967
Give it five or six years, he could marry the Mormont girl.
>>
>>47998850
Bleh, I'd give the Night's Watch expansion a try, heard it's much better.
>>
>>48000770
So is the Little Bear Jorah's daughter or sister or niece or what?
>>
>>47991110
>George Martin doesn't pander
>He writes strong men
>and strong women
>weak men
>and weak men
Freudian slip? Sounds about right
>>
>>48000801
His niece, I think.
>>
File: 1413684500826.jpg (97 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1413684500826.jpg
97 KB, 600x600
>>47994437
Carrying the Night King's mark across the wall will only allow the Night King to finally cross the wall just like the mark let him enter and kill The Children/Three Eyed Raven/Hordor.

The only thing Bran has ever done in his life is unintentionally fuck shit up.
He spied on jaime, cercei llanister and started the war killing nearly his whole family.
He got Winterfell captured and burned killing nearly all of his friends
He got the Night King to come and kill The Children/Three Eyed Raven/Hordor nearly everyone helping him.
He will get the Night King to come down into Westeros and kill nearly everyone in the world.
>>
>>47994661
I wouldn't be surprised if Cersei spent it all on cousins.
>>
>>47995432
Out of the many disappointments that the television show holds, Euron is the greatest.

>From master race, Euron Greyjoy illiterate Irishman
>>
>>47997955
Fucking orphans always win in novels. Why do novels even follow that story-arc? It's not like orphans are the main demographic! They don't have parents to buy them shit!
>>
>>48000950
I don't want this to happen, but god fucking damn, it's going to happen, at least 'literally who' Rickon hasn't done anything to ruin anyone's lives.
>>
So, what the hell is Euron about to do in the books? Is it gonna be a tidal wave? A kraken? Is he actually trying to become a god? Will it work?

As an aside, I really hate that his character doesn't even have an eyepatch in the show. He's also a little too scruffy looking. Not enough menace or subtle insanity.
>>
>>48001214
>Not enough menace or subtle insanity.
I don't know, he had a nice sorta gleeful mania to him during the bridge scene.

"I am the storm brother. The first storm and the last."

Eager-like.
>>
File: 0wGQnLC.jpg (89 KB, 2048x1173) Image search: [Google]
0wGQnLC.jpg
89 KB, 2048x1173
Here's how a Dream of Spring will end.
>>
>>48001116
Also, what happened to Robert Baratheon's bastard son Gendry?
Did he die out in sea or something?
>>
>>48001268
George said Arya and Gendry were going to have a reunion in the books so he's at least still alive in those.
>>
>>48001234
I agree, but I'm just not fond of the actor or how he plays the character compared to how I pictured him in the books. Which isn't really a problem with the show, but it still makes me sad.

He just seems kinda like some goon to me, not the terrifying presence that the Euron in the book has.
>>
>>48001268
He was told to keep the shore to the left when he was on an island.
He is still paddling.
>>
>>47998177
>tfw he only went psycho because Bran forced images of white walkers and Hodors retardation onto him by accident
>>
>>48001322
>He just seems kinda like some goon to me, not the terrifying presence that the Euron in the book has.
Yeah, Crow's Eye has this weird, detached vibe to him, like he's not really focused on the world around him.

I mean, I guess it's kinda too early to tell, in the show? Considering how they've tied the timeline into knots.
>>
>>48001384
I heard this theory that it was actually Bloodraven, driving his grand-nephew (I think, Targaryen family trees are tricky at the best of times) mad via his focus on burning all those killed by the Great Spring Sickness to stop the spread.

Hence, "BURN THEM ALL."

Tell you what, though, the actor they got for him in the show is pretty good. Five seconds of screentime and he made them count.
>>
>>47998177
Wait, I think I missed this scene, when does it happen?
>>
>>48001455
https://youtu.be/P52IlcZyHuw
>>
>>47986660

I think I'm predisposed to hate any Targaryen because if not for their mercifully abundant and terrible flaws they stink of being characters belonging to another world, a standard fairytale high fantasy world. Silver-haired purple eyed beautiful and handsome and cultured folk with supermagical weapons and the sole ability to use dragons? I mean holy shit, thank god for being incestuous powerhungry sociopaths because otherwise that's a few steps away from romance novel grade fantasy. So far any Targaryen besides Daenerys in modern times has gotten their shit fucked so that's abated back any cries of plot-armor.

>>47991575

She's also used to the unilateral despotism of the east. Don't think god-kings go over very well in Westeros.

I hadn't read the latest book since it came out too long after having read the rest of the series but I don't like having such a major thematic paradigm shift in a story. How we're threatened with the fairytale ending of Jon and Dany coming together and ruling Westeros in peace and prosperity when the entire story up to that point had been one avowed to no plot armor, no protection, high attrition. Encountered the opposite in another book and it miffed me there too - Demon cycle went from standard plot-armor high fantasy protection to in last quarter of the last book suddenly GRRM tier attrition and rocks fall everybody dies.

>>48001214

Dude looks nothing like how every single artist depicted him prior to the show. Looked like some tall dark and handsome scary black-irish pirate bastard and then he's some lumpy looking motherfucker.
>>
>>48001392
Exactly, he seems like he has really mundane motivations from what we've seen. Just another villain in the order of the others in the show, where in the books his ethos is more mysterious and disturbing. I'm worried he's just going to be Ramsay part two, rather than the scary magical mystery man he seems to be panning out to be.

>>48001539
That's the other thing, I can't see him being weirdly seductive either. He just feels really flat.

Also, what. There is next to no despotism in the east. It's pure oligarchies/aristocracies. All the Free Cities and Slaver's Bay are ruled by councils of merchant princes. Even the Dothraki have a meeting of Khals to make large scale decisions. Kings are only a thing in Westeros.
>>
>>48001635

My bad then, come to think of it you're right and absolute monarch is Targaryen.

Shame the bad cunts ruined Dorne because they were my favorite for sticking it to the mary sue inbred cocksuckers.
>>
>>48000801
Cousin, I think.
>>
>>48001635
>I'm worried he's just going to be Ramsay part two, rather than the scary magical mystery man he seems to be panning out to be.
That's certainly the worst-case scenario. Lets just pray to whoever the fuck smiles on desperate weirdoes on the internet that Georgie actually manages to get TWoW out before the next season (this time).
>>
>>48001658
Well, all the kings in Westeros before the Targaryen's showed up wanted to be absolute monarchs, but couldn't because there was a balance of power between the regions. The Valyrians were also not an absolute monarchy, at least as far as we know. Just as a note.

Also, don't worry about Daenerys "winning" in the books. At least in a conventional way. GRRM is massively, disgustingly even, anti-war. No one will ever get what they want through purely military means. Daenerys going Fire and Blood will end very badly.
>>
>>48001730
Everyone in Westeros will give their allegiance to Danny. Just like how everything else was given to Danny.
It's already begun with Dorne, Highgarden, and the Iron Islands
>>
>>48001730
>Also, don't worry about Daenerys "winning" in the books. At least in a conventional way. GRRM is massively, disgustingly even, anti-war. No one will ever get what they want through purely military means. Daenerys going Fire and Blood will end very badly.
I've got money on Dany marrying Euron and turning out to be the BBEG.

I've also got money on who Azor Ahai is, and I think imma win.
>>
>>48001773
I've also got money on who Azor Ahai is, and I think imma win.
Bets don't work if you don't mention who.
Go ahead, I'm moderately interested in who you think it is as long as you don't say the obvious answer Jon Snow.
>>
>>48001811
Davos
>>
>>48001769
I'm seeing a dark but still fairy tale ending for the show. So yeah you're probably right. That said, I think a lot of people forget that Dany spends the first half of the story suffering and being confused. She ends up loving Drogo, sure, but she was still sold to a barbarian horselord by her psychotic brother, was promptly left stranded in the desert, then was manipulated for almost as long by some merchant princes until she realized that just burning people alive is a viable solution.

I'm mainly talking about the books though when I say she won't won't win because that's the actual canon.
>>
>>48001730

Well in a way that's worse because a conventional war would show her to be just another powerhungry monarch. Everyone just bending their knee and recieving her like a messiah would be awful unless it was undercut by the rapacious demeanor of her vassals. But no reaving, no raping, no roving for the ironborn or for the Dothraki. In the books? Yeah that might happen. In the show? topkek. Even the believable "Night King rampaging about means everyone accepts her as a Messiah as otherwise it's frozen Popsicle time" is a problem unless the minute the night king is vanquished its back to feuding and sectarianism as usual.

A series that has become a literal byword for courtly intrigue, political scheming and conspiracies in real world politics should not in the 4th quarter suddenly become lord of the rings. I'm not even an edgelord, in a normal fantasy world I would prefer their Jon and Dany win. But this isn't a normal fantasy world and that was its great virtue.

>>48001811

There any chance Azor Ahai is Dany? Fire and all that. Christ almighty I'll send GRRM or D&D a box of literal shit if that is the case.
>>
>>47988872
Book wise:

>Level 6
Arthur Dayne, Barristan Selmy
>Level 5
Jaime Lannister, Smiling Knight, Robert Baratheon, Gerold Hightower, Oberyn Martell
>Level 4
Garlan Tyrell, Areo Hotah, Strong Belwas, Gregor Clegane, Sandor Clegane, Jorah Mormont, Khal Drogo
>Level 3
Lyn Corbray, Bronze Yohn Royce, Thoros of Myr, Andrik the Unsmiling, Victarion Greyjoy, Bronn, Syrio Forel, Greatjon Umber, Strongboar of Crakehall, Brienne of Tarth, Loras Tyrell, Oswell Whent, Qhorin Halfhand, Mance Rayder, etc.

You get the point. Level 3 is where heroes largely reside. These are individuals far above the average populace. The ability to kill lesser knights and guards without much trouble and represent a significant threat to those unprepared to deal with them. Level 4 is where characters whose achievements or physical abilities place them above the upper limits of Level 3 (for example, Jorah only gets up there due to experience with many styles, good tourney record, being one of the first through at Pyke - he's accumulated more exp. than a large number of the level 3s though this does not mean a level 3 can't kill him - for example Bronn using some backhanded tactics or Brienne overpowering him). The Level 5s and 6s would have little trouble killing most under them, and possess exceedingly high levels of skill and/or physical prowess. That being said, like the case before, an individual in a lower level (ie. 4) could kill them given the right circumstances. Selmy for example, is old, so whilst he possess arguably the highest level, he is feeling penalties on his physical stats due to this advanced age.
>>
>>48001769
>It's already begun with Dorne, Highgarden, and the Iron Islands

Martell and Tyrell supported the Targaryans in the last rebellion while the Iron Islands remained neutral and ended up going with whoever looked like they were going to win.

That these houses would put their lot in with a returned Targaryan - one that has a considerable army along with actual dragons- is perfectly reasonable. They're the first folks you would think would join her.
>>
>>48001913
Eh, I think people tend to seriously under appreciate Bronn. Catelyn says this about him "He moved like a panther, and that ugly sword of his seemed a part of his arm.". This a woman who has been to a lot of tourneys with high lords in her life. She's seen some of the best of the best in the world fight, and she's impressed by him.

Also, Syrio Forell was the First Sword of Braavos. That doesn't happen unless you're really, really, fucking good.
>>
>>48001913
I thought Gregor would be a level 5
>>
>>47988070
Jon's still a bastard regardless of his parentage.
>>
>>47985375
>going to waste another 20 minutes of screentime next season fawning over his wife's son before being chased back to the wall by his much cooler dad

ftfy
>>
>>48002027
Unless Rhaegar and Lyanna eloped?
>>
>>48001928
I would have expected the sand snakes to have immediately raised arms and marched against the Llanisters. Seeing as how their coup was predicated on the implication that the people of Drone did not agree with Doran Martell that there should be peace with the Llanisters.
It is after all their only play for the throne, seeing as how any lord of Dorne has worthier claim of blood than the sand snakes.
Although the Targaryan alliance will still likely lead to some vengeance in the setting its been at the VERY least 4 months since they took control. More likely closer to a year.
Hasn't worked out like I would have expected, and I don't find it perfectly reasonable
>>
>>48002029
Randyll Tarly is an idiot. He'a solid battlefield commander, and a good soldier but not one of the best. He's only fought in one notable battle.

He seems to think that men of the pen have never changed world events, and is has the intrigue abilities of Ned Stark by all accounts. He repeatedly almost killed his son just because he wasn't a born warrior.
>>
>>48002101
Mhm, he's good at commanding armies and that's pretty much it.
>>
File: horn of winter.png (59 KB, 377x177) Image search: [Google]
horn of winter.png
59 KB, 377x177
>>47984238
>Let's not forget the Night King who will need some way to get through the apparently magically imbued Wall.
It's called the Horn of Joramun and it's supposed to blow the thing right the fuck down.
>>
File: 1275027381966.gif (1 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1275027381966.gif
1 MB, 240x180
>>48001911
>>48001730

Looking up the prince that was promised right now.

God fucking dammit. So literally dragon-jesus now. Prince that was promised, Azor Ahai, brings the dragons back after centuries of their absence, going to waltz back and take the throne. This shit is literal pulp fantasy fiction tier unless she gets her shit kicked in or at least has the consideration to die a martyr's death in the north. If GRRM pulls some great twist and has her die ingloriously or proven to not be Azhor/Prince then he's the master ruseman of all time. If she's the fairy tale king arthur then he's the greatest hack of all time.
>>
>>48002115
>The irony when commanding armies is mostly clerical duties and logistics.
>>
>>48002101
good thing for him intrigue ability doesn't mean a fucking thing in the show then m8
>>
File: 1425488350344.jpg (330 KB, 3255x2985) Image search: [Google]
1425488350344.jpg
330 KB, 3255x2985
>>48002152
I hope Bran doesn't hand that over to him somehow...
>>
>>48002115
>>48002162
He's not good at commanding, he's good at leading. There's a difference between the two.
>>
>>48002084

Dorne has never really made a pass at the throne. They had one leader willing to make peace with the powers that be, but nobody has ever shown any intentions of taking control of Kings Landing,

So which one of them should be the ruler of the 7 kingdoms is kind of a moot point. Even the ones that would be legitimate heirs have no aims to take the throne.
>>
>>48002250
When I mentioned throne it was meant as the throne of Dorne, it being one of the seven kingdoms and all, but I see the confusion
>>
>>48001811
>>48001853
Not Samwell, forced to sac Gilly to reforge Lightbringer.
>>
>>48002305
What would the other two forgings be, then?
>>
File: Throne.of.Dorne.jpg (13 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
Throne.of.Dorne.jpg
13 KB, 275x183
>>48002250
>>48002283
>>
>>48002283

Oh, well yeah. They aren't hereditary leaders. That's why it was a coup.

But what does any of that have to do with Martell's continued support of the Targaryans?
>>
>>48002346
Strong wimmins.

But really, why wouldn't they? They were friends of the Targaryans before, can direct her to help destroy the Lannisters, and it keeps her from coming after them.
>>
>>48002377
>But really, why wouldn't they? They were friends of the Targaryans before, can direct her to help destroy the Lannisters, and it keeps her from coming after them.

Exactly. Which is why them siding with her makes plenty of sense.
>>
>>47990187
To be fair, he did run in there all willy nilly, and his army got blown out for it. He is almost completely dependent on the Knights of the Vale.
>>
>>48002346
Main reason, took too long to get off the ground.

Smaller reason, I don't see the sand snakes following her within their character.

Danny wouldn't let them take revenge to the extent that they desire, but that can be explained away pretty easy
>>
>>48002321
Azor Ahai's first two times were with water and a lion. Do we know any lions with a propensity for getting captured and potentially having a death wish now that all his children are dead?
>>
https://youtu.be/pS-gbqbVd8c

Best decision D&D ever made; hiring Ramin Djawadi.
>>
>>48002399
>>48002377
>>48002346

me again, >>48002427
I don't think I made this clear in the previous posts.
The Sand Snakes were REALLY bent on revenge. Nearly to the point of recklessness. I don't see them waiting around for months on end before joining Danny. The only reason they were able to gain power in Dorne was so they could start a war with the Llanisters. Sitting around for months after the assassination of Doran would look peculiar to the people I think. Their promise for war being the only thing to keep them in power, a lord of Dorne with a better claim could likely wrestle back control of Dorne from them with a promise for an immediate war.

Also the sand snakes seem headstrong, proud. As mentioned I don't see them willfully offering to serve under a foreign ruler, or any ruler for that matter.

That should be clearer?
>>
>>48002602
>Also the sand snakes seem headstrong, proud.
NO SHIT.

I figured that out when they murdered all the Martels.
>>
File: kek.png (566 KB, 1183x895) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
566 KB, 1183x895
>>47984238
>And why are we still watching Samwise Tarlee discovering more books?

So that he can discover some ultimate dark secret just in time to get killed by/for discovering it.

Probably that the Night King is the good guy or that the Citadel & the maesters are behind everything.
>>
File: King_of_Winter&White_Lady.jpg (389 KB, 467x1200) Image search: [Google]
King_of_Winter&White_Lady.jpg
389 KB, 467x1200
>>
>>48002602

Or they could be acting on the unpopularity of making peace of any kind with the Lannisters. Killing the guy that colluded with them may be enough to placate people. Immediately jumping into battle, especially when you hear that if you wait just a bit, you'll have the backup of Unsullied, Dothrakis, and Iorn Born is enough.

And let's not even act like Dany's invasion is going to go according to plan. It may end up alright for her in the end, but it's sure as hell not going to go according to plan.
>>
>>48002698
The Night King is Azor Ahai!
>>
File: MyrcellaS5Cropped.jpg (2 MB, 2780x3280) Image search: [Google]
MyrcellaS5Cropped.jpg
2 MB, 2780x3280
>>48002250
>Dorne has never really made a pass at the throne.

Oh, showfag...

What did you think the whole business with Princess Myrcella was about? In Dorne, women can be hereditary heirs. So when Myrcella married into the Martel family, they would have the best existing claim to the iron throne - at least according to their laws.
>>
File: Lino_Drieghe_Harrenhal.jpg (480 KB, 1280x938) Image search: [Google]
Lino_Drieghe_Harrenhal.jpg
480 KB, 1280x938
>>
>>48002734

Everything in her life has thus far worked out for her. It doesn't go according to plan but they are modest bumps in the road compared to red weddings, being stabbed to death by your men, your army decimated by 20 good men + 1, having your head crushed by an giant fucking bastard.

By the standards of the world she's had it easy.

>>48002430

Holy shit. That would be fucking beautiful pottery. However it's a bigger stretch than for Jon or dany. What would the water be? What would the lion be? Clearly the wife would be Cercei.
>>
>>47987686
>>If you count carefully Jon killed (or distracted long enough for them to be killed) exactly 20 dudes
is this real
fucking pottery
>>
>>48002839

Also has to be born of smoke and salt or salt and fire, whichever it was. I'm seething with irritation as I realize that everything is painting Daenerys as Azhor Ahai and the prince that was promised. Jon has what, Melisandre saying so - like she did for Stannis? While Daenerys was born in salt and reborn in fire, is a walking lord of fire and light, has some woodwoman heretic foretelling her mommy or some such that a child born of hers would be Azhor Ahai/prince that was promised, has Aegon the maester telling sam Daenerys is azor Ahai, and some priest of R'hllor saying so.
>>
>>48002250
>>48002814

Also, in the BOOKS the Dornish have like... at LEAST two other plots to seize the iron throne in progress - not counting the shit with Myrcella.
>>
>>48002839
I think you missed something along the way. My bonkers bet is on Samwell as Azor. Gilly's the wife, and Golden Boy's the lion. Yeah, I'm stuck on what the water would be right now. It's absolutely a stretch and yet just stupid enough that I wouldn't be shocked beyond belief if if panned out, and he does have that fucking sword with him right now.
>>
File: are you not entercraned.jpg (66 KB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
are you not entercraned.jpg
66 KB, 500x386
>>48002952
>My bonkers bet is on Samwell as Azor

>He christens Lightbringer by accidentally tripping over his bootlaces and plunging the sword into his wife's chest
>>
>>48001911
It won't turn into lord of the rings, but it's delusional to think that most of the real badguys won't be dead (at best some of the darker shades of gray will live on) and any surviving good guys will live to a mostly happy life and the white walkers will either accept a peace agreement or lose enough to just not bother attacking.

I can see Danny dying or even being evil, but nah assuming Jon doesn't die he'll end up being the good king, and regardless he'll be hailed as the fucking messiah.
>>
>>48002952
Euron Greyjoy attacking Oldtown.
>>
>>48002952

That'd be a hilariously out of left field master ruseman choice. Part of me would find it ridiculous but it'd be so charmingly so I'm cool with it.

But I actually am digging the idea of Jaime being Azor Ahai after what you said. It could be a culmination of his redemption but none of the prophecies work for him. He'd have to had killed one of his relatives for the lion, maybe killed a Tully for the water. I can't remember him doing so

>>48003009

Does Azor 2.0 have to christen his lightbringer? If that's the case then who would Jon have to stabby? Who would Daeny?
>>
>>48001911
I'd like to point out Game of Thrones as a term has exited much longer than the show
>>
>>48003024
GRRM said the ending would be "Bittersweet". Take that as you will.
>>
File: EXN26tk.png (349 KB, 2560x1439) Image search: [Google]
EXN26tk.png
349 KB, 2560x1439
In wonder how pic related is going to work out.
>>
>>48003035
>Does Azor 2.0 have to christen his lightbringer? If that's the case then who would Jon have to stabby? Who would Daeny?

Stannis did...

Jon will have to stab Sansa, of course.
Denyny doesn't really give a shit about anyone but herself, so she'll have to seppuku.
>>
>>48002898
Jon has the song.
>>
>>48003092

Probably just a red herring.
GRRM is a master troll, remember.
>>
>>48003134
True. But there's got to be some sort of reason for something that subtle to be there.
>>
>>48003042

It has but before Game of thrones the metaphorical reference for the kind of palace intrigue that surrounds the political world (whether in the first world or in the third world/military juntas and such where death is a real possibility) would have been comparing it to Ancient Rome or whatever. Maybe House of Cards if no Game of Thrones arrived. And in every reference it's clearly to the show/book, not to the earlier concept.

>>48003024

I don't think it's delusional. This is a series that had the standard fantasy hero (ned) beheaded, the 2nd standard fantasy hero Robb butchered and betrayed and turned on its head the notion of plot armor protection. Ignoring the show revealing Jon survived the stabbing and the deus ex machinas Dany has gotten time and time again there was all the reason to believe the bad guys would win and the good guys would lose.

>'Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died.'

Maybe I'm sexist because I'll tolerate Messiah Jon over Messiah Daenerys but I'd like to think that's because he isn't so in your face offensive with his fairytale hero(ine) status. Rather he's had to work and been treated like a dog. I'd be okay with Sansa taking the throne or Mycell whatever in some deus ex machina court intrigue coup. But arriving with the cavalry to save the day as the prince that was promised, the messiah of the lord of light, the resurrector of the dragons, the return of the silver-haired purple eyed beautiful anointed ones - yeah nah go back to pulp fantasy Daenerys.

I'm 100% cool with her turning evil because of the hallmark of Targaryens going powerhungry and mad. I don't want to see her continued ridiculous 21st century morales of no slavery no rape no being mean except to mean people and the setting bending around her by sheer force of will.

Ned played honorably, Rhaegar played honorably(ish), Robb played honorably. They all died.
>>
>>48003046
I can see the the war ravaging westeros to near nothing.
Most of the great houses dead.
Winter actually is come creating great famine.
Danny dead, or at the very least the mystique of her godhood ending and so at least some (if not most) of the Dothraki deciding to just rape and pillage the land.
The North is almost dead, but alone in Winterfell stands the last of the Starks. Have them say something like I won't live long enough to see the spring but you will my child etc.
Or they die dreaming of spring.
>He closed his eyes, and he was young again and it was spring
>>
>>48003239

Admittedly I haven't read the last book (came out too long from reading the rest and I didn't want to start from scratch) and I seem to have forgotten the details of her chapters compared to everyone else's but the most pragmatic realpolitik sacrificing her morals and virtues was agreeing to not further harass and impede on the slavery bay slaving.
>>
>>48001044
Because, anon, you either need them to be orphans, or have horribly irresponsible parents.

I mean, what kind of responsible parent lets their 10 year old run off to live as a hobo and go on pokemon adventures?

Orphans don't have responsible parents to stop them from doing ridiculous things, and so its a convenient plot device.
>>
File: ours_is_the_fury_.jpg (825 KB, 746x1008) Image search: [Google]
ours_is_the_fury_.jpg
825 KB, 746x1008
>>
>>48003239
Yeah, but I've always felt the message of Martin wasn't Just "honor gets you killed", but rather "This shitty world where honorable men die needs to be changed".

Though I suppose thematically everyone (including the white walkers) dying and things starting from zero or with like 1 Stark (in a twist Rickon the last survivor) to make a new and better world.

I don't see Danny being the messiah except in her head, but I can see how the dragons and Danny will at least be helpful against the walkers.
The dragons are probably going to die in the final battle. It fits thematically with the paradoxical revival and death of magic that is going on in Westeros at the moment.
As Leaf says eventually the gaints, the CoF, the spiders, the unicorns, and even the wolves will fade away because they can't live in mans world.
>>
>>48003381

Rickon's dead yo
>>
>>48003134
or its a simple error. people who make theories have a bad habit of assuming the books are perfect and that everything makes sense. timeline flubs inconsistency's plot holes and changing characterization are inevitable in a series this long and complicated.
>>
>>48002152
>>48002196

reminder that Sam found the horn at the fist of the first men
>>
>>48003413

I meant GRRM's post is a red-herring.
I agree that it was likely a simple oversight, easily handwaved away by some richfags keeping citrus trees around because they feel like it. Orangeries are a thing.
>>
>>48003413
Mind you, GRRM's done a very good job of keeping everything consistent so far. I think the only things he stumbled on was the colours of some people's eyes.

You can see why people would think it was there deliberately.
>>
>>48003435
Oh fuck I forgot about that.

But hey, it might not have been THAT horn right? hehehe...

...Right?
>>
>>48003333
Even child Stannis doesn't smile.

Does Stannis just thrive off of his own suffering?
>>
>>48003028
For all his buildup in the books, if something like that ended up his downfall, the tears would be delicious.

>>48003035
I started thinking about it as a personal exercise in stupid theorymongering for this series, but the more I consider it the more I want to consider embracing the idea earnestly. Least it's way more fun to consider than something super-telegraphed like Dany.

If it's Jaime you're thinking now, it's probably all tied into kills that have yet to happen. At least show-wise, it would've worked out nicely if Blackfish and Lancel were his first two but nooooooo. Also he refused to take back his sword from Brienne, so in the meantime he's totally missing his proto-Lightbringer.

Is there anything that leaves room for Brienne, for that matter? Perhaps the Mannis was her "water"? I'd then wonder if Jaime would be the lion, or the true love.
>>
>>48003410
Not in the books not yet.
>>
>>48003487
>Does Stannis just thrive off of his own suffering?
Nope, he doesn't seem to do much thriving.
>>
>>48003499

Yeah, okay. You're right.
An important, interesting, well-developed character like Rickon? Totally unkillable.
>>
>>48000615
She then proceeded to listen to her wise advisor.
There's hope for her yet.
>>
>>48003381

I guess that's one optimistic way of coming at it but I don't feel like anything in his inspiration or past history of the world points to such a progressive notion. Aside of Daenerys you never really saw those trying to change this shitty world do well.

And yeah the magic is strange because I'm told one minute it's coming back and then the next the children of the forest and giants are being killed off to the last.

>>48003495

Brienne feels like a bit of a stretch but she being one of the three dragon heads I could get behind if there was anything of substance to it. But she's not Targaryen heritage'd (I'm assuming the Lannisters have some Targaryen blood in there to justify Jaime being so), and her angle works as that of the paradoxical true knight - the woman and butt-ugly as sin one who holds more to the fairytales of a chivalrous knight than any of the male blue blooded knights. Jaime could stay in his function of the "batman speech hero we deserve" role - kingslayer, maybe killing Cersei before she torches the entire city. I like him for the messiah because of how great his character has been.
>>
>>48003615
I see it in the same vain as war here. Martin hates war with a passion, but in the books its never portrayed as evil to go to war. Jon isn't wrong to want to march to kill the boltons he's wrong to break his vows it is breach of honor that gets him shanked.

Or on the flip side he never portrays the cruely pragmatistic as good people, interesting yes, but good no. (less obvious in the show, but I genuinely think Tyrion is dying in the books towards the end, but will get a happy ending the show). And Martin's other writings to me have always painted him as an extremely moral man.
>>
>>47986395

because dragons. I was rooting for Danny originally, because dragons. But now, i try not to hate her -because....well...dragons.
>>
>>48003773

I see his depiction of the cruelly pragmatic people not as 'good' but as survivors. It doesn't feel like there is room for true fairytale good to survive in the world of Westeros. You have it hammered home often how the world is not one of the gallant sers and fair ladies of story and myth. I get the impression at least that one can achieve more good by doing a little evil than by doggedly sticking to your high virtues and honors. Had Ned done so there would have never been a war. Jaime took on the scarlet letter of Kingslayer rather than the honor of obeying his king. Dany had to sacrifice her uncompromising views of abolitionism to get anything done.

And if the show is correct Jon might get punished with death (temporarily) for not doggedly obeying his honor and oaths but in the end does much more good by compromising his integrity.
>>
>>48000615

what a bunch of faggots 4chan has become. Of course her solution would be to burn them. And she didn't. And that sucks. Burn them i say. BURN THEM ALL.
>>
>>48000815
thought the same.
>>
>>47999318
Only if you were scheming for the throne, plenty of stories can be about ploting to get favorable trade deals or negotiating between two minor houses under the same king.
>>
>>47986045
Can Jon even have kids any more? He's basically a corpse.
>>
>>47986377
I figure that since GoT was inspired by War of the Roses, Aegon is the Henry VII/Tudor candidate who ultimately wins the Iron Throne.
>>
>>47986515
Even if Jon and Daney take the throne, Danaerys can't have babies after the blood sacrifice to birth the Dragons, and Jon is a corpse. Corpses don't breed. Aegon is the only person who could continue the royal bloodline.
>>
>>47994771
>>47994831
Varys went to Dorne, got the Tyrells and "Martells" to lend him their fleets, they sailed to Meereen and joined Daenerys' fleet of stolen ships and Ironborne ships. You can see Greyjoy, Tyrell, "Martell" and Targaryen sails.
>>
>>48004152
Can't the king just declare an heir?
>>
File: 1412505169585.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1412505169585.gif
3 MB, 480x270
>>48001369
>>
>>48004216
Yes. But if it's not someone at least kind of related then things get fucked. Aegon would be the heir, in that case why not just be king?
>>
>>48002814

I want Arianne to marry Dany and everyone gets to watch their consummation night.
>>
One thing I've wondered (and don't say this is due to D&D being terrible writers, it was in the second season) is why they made Renly out to be a pure good guy in the show, as opposed to the charming yet sleazy usurper in the books.
>>
>>48004470
Well Ned didn't support him in Season 1 and it's one of the few things Stannis had going for him.
>>
>>48001730
Ohhhhh I disagree. Picture this.
>Daenerys and her zillions of armies show up in King's Landing
>There's nothing to fight. Cersei's forces devour each other, surrender and Cersei is taken out by Arya/whatever
>Instead, Daenerys finds herself joining with Jon's forces to face the only threat remaining- the Night King
>>
>>47985410

I'm sorry to say this to you but Sam will never become a wizard. He had his chance if he waited a few years but he got his dick went on first occasion he got without thinking about consequences.
>>
>So many people rooting for various inbred assholes to control a throne because they're related to some other rich asshole who was a terrible ruler.
This is why you got the Brexit you deserve, Eurofags.
>>
I expect the story to end like this:
>cersei killed by the hound for some reason
>half of the "obvious ruler" characters die vs the night king
>daeny, if still alive, becomes ruler
>dothraki rape and pillage, replace wildlings as most hated people in westeros
>daeny killed for poor ruler decisions + bringing dothraki into westeros
>final line of the book is something edgy about how no one sits on the throne for long
>>
Is it just me, or did Arya look like she was actually having an orgasm when Frey bled out?

Right down to the post-coital haze in her eyes afterwards.
>>
>>48003435
>Sam found the horn at the fist of the first men
Wait what? I don't remember that at all, and it's not in any wiki summary of the battle.
>>
>>48005077
Before the battle. It was part of the dragonglass cache that Jon found, filled with dirt and with a crack in its side. Even after he cleaned it out it wouldn't make a sound, so he gave it to Sam.
>>
>>48004139
In the books.. maybe. In the show, Dany is far to popular so they might just merge the 2 characters together.
>>
>>48005089
...jesus christ, Sam has a bloody doomsday weapon in his fucking pocket.
>>
>>48005171
Which his dad is coming to get back
>>
>>48005171
Assuming he didn't forget about it during the flight from the fist, and it's not being tossed around by a bored White Walker.
>>
File: tumblr_nrzyohsbuF1u1zcbmo1_1280.png (440 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrzyohsbuF1u1zcbmo1_1280.png
440 KB, 800x800
>>
>>48005171
I bet Jon dies, and at his funeral Sam is all weepy and produces the horn.
"He gave this to me when we found the Dragonglass. When no-one thought anything of me, he was loyal and good. I lived because of his generosity. This ones for you Jon."
>Blows horn, world ends.
>>
File: daggers_in_the_dark.jpg (331 KB, 1280x965) Image search: [Google]
daggers_in_the_dark.jpg
331 KB, 1280x965
>>48005234
>I bet Jon dies, and at his funeral Sam is all weepy and produces the horn.
What are you talking about, he's already dead.

Pic related.
>>
>>48005258
Ok, dies again permanently. Eaten by a dragon or something.
>>
File: red_king__.jpg (247 KB, 1024x1707) Image search: [Google]
red_king__.jpg
247 KB, 1024x1707
>>48005319
You think that's likely to happen? After all the kerfuffle about him dying in the first place.

Pic unrelated. Probably.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.