[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WE /FUSIONSUMMONING/ NOW /tg/ whats meld?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: wysdfs.png (608 KB, 708x490) Image search: [Google]
wysdfs.png
608 KB, 708x490
WE /FUSIONSUMMONING/ NOW /tg/

whats meld?
>>
>>47984154
All this does is piss me off. That amazing gisela/bruna monstrosity will be one of these stupid cards and be unplayable in edh.
>>
>>47984154
shit man the way it looks here and on mythic spoiler i fuckin thought it was all one card and set up like a split card. I was wondering how the fuck that was gonna work,

and then i found out it's two seperate cards so crisis averted
>>
File: nina.jpg (35 KB, 604x347) Image search: [Google]
nina.jpg
35 KB, 604x347
>>47984154
>tfw
>>
File: VIGILO CONFIDO.png (636 KB, 648x600) Image search: [Google]
VIGILO CONFIDO.png
636 KB, 648x600
>>47984154
Son, let me tell you about the Xcom initiative
>>
well that explains why Hanweir Township has Haste

Made out of an Ooze and a Wall, maybe?
>>
The game has been in a steady decline for several years now, I'm taking a long break. I won't be buying their products.
>>
Apparently this set is going full Yu-Gi-Oh, some dude earlier was talking about a keyword for you can play a creature if you sacrifice a creature you control already in play and then pay the difference in mana cost
>>
>>47984175
>A two part thing will be unplayable in my meme format where you'd have to be daft to play something creature heavy and where every other card in your deck is probably a tutor
kay
>>
I'm not sure I'm thrilled with this. This looks parasitic. And does this mean EDH players will lose legends to this stupid set up? Christ.
>>
>>47984327
okay
>>
so can we say that the Emrakul in the corner means that its a Meld card?
>>
>>47984236
>asobu

oh god
>>
>>47984399
Yeah most likely. Also having it trigger at the beginning of combat makes sense that it has haste.
>>
>>47984281
Kek
>>
It's going to be shit and screams "PLEASE 2 FOR 1 ME!" after paying 7 mana for a 5/6.
>>
>>47984345
Uh, that ability you're talking about was from Kamigawa
>>
Christ, imagine limited. Only got one half the meld cards you needed? Well. Fuck you. Looks like you might as well drop!
>>
>>47984464
The cards are still functional without the backsides.
This one is the Generic Vanilla Filler you get in all packs and a partial raise dead on a stick, and could well be the worst pair frontside pair in the set for all we know
>>
>>47984154
>NWO
more like YGO
>>
>>47984487

A 3/3 for 5 is bad with a worse Grave digger stapled to it, and a 2/1 for 2 is barely on curve.
>>
>>47984154
Hopefully it is just an alternate way of summoning creatures instead of being the only way.
>>
>>47984521

have you ever actually played limited?
>>
>>47984521
>2/1 for 2 is barely on curve

its right on curve, what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>47984521
The point I was trying to make is that not getting the other half isn't 'might as well drop', it's 'I don't get to upgrade the chaff'
>>
>>47984560
>>47984561
thank you for taking the time to tell this perso off so i did not have to
>>
So, this is a DFC mechanic. That means its sharing printing space with werewolves and any other transform cards.

Assuming 1 and a bit DFCs per booster, is this really going to be common enough to work? Or is Ulrich the only Werewolf in this set, crammed in when they realized they forgot to make a Legendary for SoI?
>>
>>47984701
>is Ulrich the only Werewolf in this set
I pray to Urza he is. End this bargain bin trash tribe as quick as possible.
>>
>>47984154
I feel only commons will need specific cards. Rares will probably just need to meet a certain requirement. I feel like Hanweir is gonna be some sort of Meld card.
>>
>>47984787
hopefully the melds are on the back. I'd also hope that they print some black tutor that lets you search up for the other half
>>
Wait a minute, how the FUCK will this work in Limited?

Ignoring rarity issues, these are DOUBLE FACED CARDS. That means you have to tell your fucking pod that you've pulled one. You are NEVER going to have the other half passed around.
>>
>>47984809
I'm really interested in how printing for this set is gonna work. Are we gonna end up with packs having grips of double faced cards?
>>
Kneejerk: I fucking hate this mechanic. My hype became serious concern on dime.
>>
>>47984327

See you at the draft!
>>
>>47984352
fuck off and kill your self
>>
>>47984822
>>47984822
>Ignoring rarity issues
There's your problem, retard. These are commons. You're going to get passed commons. People will not pass a good pick for their deck to deny you a cute interaction.
>>
>>47984154
Looks like it's time give mtg a brake see you guys
>>
The shark has finally been jumped. We all thought it was in INN with the original DFCs, but no. That time is up. Our time is now.
>>
>>47984399
maybe, the township appears to be normal sized. will the meld-side be identical on both halves or will they combine to display extended art/rules?
>>
>>47984154
WOTC does pretty extensive playtesting nowadays, so I'm trusting they found a way to make this mechanic work well.
>>
>>47986167

Did they do enough playtesting to realize that Devoid was excessive and unnecessary?

Did they think it was too confusing otherwise?

Because changing a colorless mana symbol and retrofitting it across the board before the second eldrazi block was even complete was a well thought out decision, right?

despite all that, I hope it does work out for meld.
>>
>Another gimmicky mechanic

wow
>>
>>47984446
>7 mana for a 5/6
Levelers had the same problem. It turns out that several mana spread out over a couple turns is not nearly as bad as several mana in 1 turn.
>>
File: 1466622862916.jpg (17 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1466622862916.jpg
17 KB, 640x640
>>47986315
Oh god, I forgot about BFZ. They couldn't handle a return to Lands: The Block without fucking up. This is going to be rough.
>>
File: Cards.jpg (74 KB, 620x395) Image search: [Google]
Cards.jpg
74 KB, 620x395
>>47984154
Pretending this is new?
>>
>>47984327
Nobody gives a shit, you autistic retard.
>>
>>47985937
As if they would ever make a mechanic for just one card. I guarantee you there will be a rare somewhere with the same deal, if not a mythic
>>
>>47986616
Sure, but nothing inherently stops a mythic from melding with a common, it would fix the problem of getting half a bomb, since you have a reasonable chance of running into it. Could be bad p3 though.
>>
>>47986616
If your opponents get a bomb in limited, they'll first pick it anyway. As it is right now, you're not currently getting passed an Avacyn just because your neighbor knows you're not in white.
>>
>>47984236
heh
>>
File: image.jpg (869 KB, 1946x3456) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
869 KB, 1946x3456
>>47986315
Give up if devoid was too confusing.
>>
File: 1441819749244.jpg (88 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1441819749244.jpg
88 KB, 1280x720
>more stupid mechanics

When does this 7 year plan end and why isnt Rosewater getting fired once its over?
>>
File: 1462453661415.png (216 KB, 468x407) Image search: [Google]
1462453661415.png
216 KB, 468x407
All I want from this set is a couple of Modern playable cards to push some unpopular color combinations. Even something like 2 cards would be enought, just like Nahiri in SOI.

>mfw all I'll get instead is a bunch of fusion memes
>>
>>47986167
I don't know. Megamorph, tribute, devoid, cohort, rally, and skulk are all pretty terrible mechanics or were poorly implemented and I strongly question what's going on at R&D that they'd allow them to actually get released...

>>47987005
I don't think he was arguing that it was confusing, he was arguing that it was unnecessary. Especially since most devoid cards were just slightly altered variants of preexisting cards ('devoid' shock, 'devoid' inqusition of kozilek, etc.) that were slightly less cost efficient.
>>
>>47987292
Megamorph was so terrible holy shit
>everyone specualting it will be a morph thing, but for non permanents
>LOL MORPH +1
>>
>>47987292
Megamorph, while boring and having a stupid name, worked perfectly well in Standard.

Devoid is a fine mechanic as well, BFZ and OGW just lacked a bit of playable colorless synergies to make it very good. Same with Rally.

I agree with the rest tho. Especially Cohort, which is one of the most useless mechanics ever printed yet imo.
>>
>>47987292
It was a limited mechanic, we had cards that care about being colorless. We get those everytime. Im not excited about meld either its just that its not a new thing. We got a lot of modern playables in khans block and also bolster, raid and other useless mechanics.
>>
>>47987292
Also ingest/process.

Also these mechanics only work in one block and then they are left to die.

They don't bring anything interesting to the game nor are relevant in a long time scale.
>>
File: maro hacked.jpg (119 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
maro hacked.jpg
119 KB, 1152x864
i blame this bitch.
>>
>>47987292
Thanks for the elaboration.

Imagine seeing the keyword "Chromatic" (this card is multicolored) on every gold bordered card, that's how clunky devoid seems to me when they slap it on more than 6 cards out of the set.
>>
>>47984154
>playing shit that will straight up 3-1 your ass
the only reason this works in yugimon is kill spells there arn't instant speed and kind of suck complete shit, as well as that shit can actually protect itself
this is complete crap and won't even hit limited primarily because of the fact that its got no self protection mid process, and the fact its an extremely easy 3-1, as well as the fact that you will never actually have all the right cards to successfully pull it off in draft, you will never get fusion retardation cause allowing someone to get that is exceptionally dumb on a massive level, hell i doubt casuals would play this mechanic, this is a special brand of trash only modern WotC would conjure entirely to waste space and piss players off.
>>
>>47984299
A town and its inhabitant, I think.
>>
File: 118.jpg (67 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
118.jpg
67 KB, 312x445
>>47987401
Just imagine...
>>
>>47987432
If once you remove the merged card the two half come back into play It could be good.
>>
>>47986161
Could be some kind of enchantment plus creature thing to show the eldritch effect. If its just eldrazi its going to be really disapointing
>>
ngl I'm actually really excited about this. if either of the cards that fuse into hanweir are legendary my writhing township edh can be even jankier than i thought it would be. here's hoping hanweir side one is in the day-one spoils
>>
I hope we get some good Delirium cards. They were pretty fun.
>>
>>47987401
That doesn't make any sense, you have to keyword devoid because the cards have a coloured costs, which would normally make the not-colourless, Multicoloured doesn't have anywhere near the same problem
>>
Merge should have been keyword that targets two arbitrary creatures and generates the fusion based on type and cmc. Have it kick out a really shitty failed merge abomination token it theres no valid merge output cards.

Then you can give the merge outputs actual CMCs so that they aren't dead in draft. maybe give it -suchandsuch/-suchandsuch for summoning them raw.

plus, merge can serve as a janky ass kill spell if you you think your opponent doesn't have a valid output for two of their cards. and it actually interacts with cards from outside the set instead of being abandonware.

Lockin it down to CARDNAME is dumb.
>>
>>47984154
>Own and control

Just to make sure nothing really fun ever happens with this mechanic right?
>>
File: a39.png (436 KB, 590x443) Image search: [Google]
a39.png
436 KB, 590x443
>tfw all the qt angels/white waifus get shit on forever
>>
Seems like 2-for-1 the mechanic, unless I'm missing anything.
>>
>>47987322
Did you touch BFZ or OGW limited?

RB and UB colorless decks were top tier. Along with a BW cohort life gain deck that really came together in OGW.

Not all mechanics are suppose to be standard playable. WotC R&D knows this.
>>
>>47987672
We haven't seen the other side yet, if Hanweir is anything to go by then they all might have relatively powerful effects on the turn they meld
>>
The Emrakul we saw on Zendikar has been retconned so hard at this point that this may as well be a new titan.
>>
>>47987654
Feels bad man...
>>
>>47987624
Shh, don't talk with retards, you might catch it.
>>
>>47984236
It's still too soon.
>>
>>47984154
This mechanic is literally just you making yourself more vulnerable to removal.
>>
>>47984154
A way for them to pint B.F.M. in black bordered obviously.
>>
>>47984521
Gravedigger is too pushed for standard, didn't you know?
>>
>>47987788
It basically means that all three (or more, what do I know?) of the cards will have to be powerful on their own for that mechanic to feature in Constructed.
>>
>>47987803
The chance of Blizzard making one of the cards powerful on its own is low. The chance of two is nil. This mechanic is going to be Inspired tier.
>>
>>47987822
Yes, seems a nice Limited-only mechanic.
>>
>>47987822
at least this mechanic will be fun
>>
>>47987822
>Blizzard
That's what I get for think about Nostalrius while typing.
>>
>>47986829
>you're not currently getting passed an Avacyn just because your neighbor knows you're not in white.
No, you should get passed that Avacyn because your neighbour knows that they aren't in white and if they switch colors now they'll end up with a worse deck than if they stick to their guns.
>>
>>47987843
Passing an Avacyn in a draft would be fucking retarded on so many levels even if you're not in those colours. Firstly, why in the FUCK would you pass someone a retardedly powerful bomb like that? Secondly, Avacyn pays for your draft. Go ahead, whine about the spirit of the game or some equally inane bullshit. He who laughs last laughs loudest.
>>
>>47987865
some retard actually passed an avacyn to me last draft I went to. when I said I was taking it he nodded me on and was like "you'll make better use of it than me!" later on he saw my simic spirits bullshit and was legit confused as to why I took it.
>>
>>47987401
The original plan was to not have Devoid be a keyword and instead let the frame convey the meaning. As it turned out, the playtesters did not get it. They assumed that if a card cost 2R then it was R regardless of how desaturated the frame was.

And you know, existing rules support that conclussion. We have already had several cards printed with wrongly colored frames, and the rules teams stance has been that the frame of a card never dictates what color a card is, only the cost does unless otherwise specified in the card's rules text.

Yes, we have color indicators now, but colorless color indicators obviously don't function.
>>
File: sf198_gisela.jpg (102 KB, 620x453) Image search: [Google]
sf198_gisela.jpg
102 KB, 620x453
>>47987658
>tfw my previous angel waifu was corrupted and stapled too a lesser waifu
>>
>>47987865
>why in the FUCK would you pass someone a retardedly powerful bomb like that?
Because the chances that you play against him first and that he draws it against you are very small. Better then to make your own deck stronger while facilitating him in a color you have no interest in playing anyway and hope someone else beats him for you.

>Avacyn pays for your draft
Sure. But I never partake in the second hand market so that is a non-issue for me.
>>
I've figured out how this works.

In SoI, every booster pack contained a guaranteed DFC.

In Eldritch Moon, every booster pack will contain TWO guaranteed DFCs, and they will normally be BOTH halves of a Meld card. These will count as a single pick.
>>
>>47987919
At least this weird mechanic means she's getting her own card instead of an Anax and cymede thing with bruna
>>
What is this Big Furry Monster bullshit Wizards is pulling
>>
>>47987983
That'd actually be decent, I wouldn't count them as a single pick though. The incentive for the other player to pick the other one is pretty low, as then you are in the same colors and and archetype in draft which is a terrible place to be.

But I doubt whether they can actually manage this, because they couldn't add to flipwalkers markers card with packs with flipwalkers in origin.
>>
File: Polly.jpg (4 KB, 69x100) Image search: [Google]
Polly.jpg
4 KB, 69x100
My Turn!!! DRAW!!!

I PLAY THE SPELL CARD Polymerization!
>>
>>47984154
Probably just going to buy a foil Thalia and that's it. Seriously, fuck this noise.
>>
>>47988146
But they've only revealed less than ten cards so far.
>>
>>47987927
>Because the chances that you play against him first and that he draws it against you are very small
If you want to 3-0 the draft you're probably going to have to play against the guy who pulled the insane bomb at some point.
>Better then to make your own deck stronger
With one card? You just said the chances of him drawing it are very small. Or were you not expecting to win the draft in the first place?
>>
>>47987927

>never partake in the second hand market

This is essentially me.
>>
>>47987788
I think they will be like OP pic, some ETBs or other simple effects, so melding is an upside.
>>
>>47988112
God cards of Magic when?
>>
>>47984154
BUT WHAT DOES POT OF GREED DO?!
>>
So, Ludevic melding with Geralf when?
>>
>>47988196
SUCKS YO DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-nothing.
>>
>>47988215
>Geralf and Gisa melding
>>
File: VegitoDBZEp268.png (177 KB, 270x378) Image search: [Google]
VegitoDBZEp268.png
177 KB, 270x378
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4L-L8HoMvI

We fusion now
>>
>>47988175
2 years ago? In Theros?
>>
>>47988166
>you're probably going to have to play against the guy who pulled the insane bomb at some point
Most people around the table are likely to have at least one bomb in their deck. One guy having an Avacyn makes no significant difference.

>With one card?
Not picking the Avacyn in that scenario gives you far more value than not having to play against it later - which you might have to do anyway if someone else also opened one - as you're not only picking a card that's actually good for your deck, but also because it increases the chances of good cards in your colors wheeling and coming later in pack 3.
>>
>>47987865
>Avacyn pays for your draft

reminds me when a proplayer got mad when another proplayer picked a Tarmagoyf during a pro match a few months back.
>>
>inb4 vanilla Mythic meld creature
Please don't bring this back, Wizards.

If you really have to, at least seriously overstat it.
>>
>>47986315
Anusmana was confusing only if you were a fucktard arguing about "generic mana"
>>
>>47987865
A guy passed me a Kozi Return during a OGW draft after already seeing that I got a Nissa a pack earlier.

Placed second just barely with him winning though I sadly never matched up against him.

Pretty great draft overall, considering it cost 10€ and got everyone place 5 and up at least 2 prize boosters and 2 promos.
>>
>>47987292
I really am still completely baffled at what they were trying to do in BFZ

Devoid was a semi-interesting idea but they LITERALLY did nothing with the idea at all. They just took normal cards and added devoid and maybe increased the mana by one.

In addition to that cluster fuck they added ingest + processors which was fairly interesting but threw that entire mechanic under a bus for the second set so that it never got any real support.
>>
>>47988175
Well Rise of the Eldrazi had three massively overpowered and expensive legendary creatures.
>>
Anyone else think they should return to a 3 sets in a block?

I feel like having 2 makes the set go by way too fast and it makes both the stories and the mechanics it introduces suffer

>BFZ: Oh shit Eldrazi
>OGW: Nvm we got em

>SOI: Oh man big mystery guys
>EMN: It's Emrakul

I know 3 set system kinda comes with it's own flaws and one of the sets usually ends up kinda shitty but I think I liked it better that way
>>
>>47988389
Most of the issues with the 3 set system comes from the fact that they use up most of their ideas for the block in two sets are left scratching their heads for either the connector-set (Born of the Gods, Dark Ascension, Worldwake) or the final set (Dragon's Maze, Dragons of Tarkir).
>>
>>47987401
>"Chromatic" (this card is multicolored)
You have now been permabanned for leaking.
>>
>>47987624
>>47987909
>>
>>47984175
It will be playable if they don't screw up the color identities. Let's say Gisela is a WR and trnasforms and Bruna is WU and melds into... If Gisela's backside is part blue, you can play this in EDH.

If not ... I agree they fucked up.
>>
>>47988389
Honestly, I like 2 set blocks better. Not only because of what >>47988442 said, but also because it speeds up the narrative and allows us to hop from one plane to another faster. This means more variety and mechanics over a shorter time.
>>
>>47984719
Werewolves are fun as fuck to play with. I don't know what has you with a hate boner today.
>>
>>47984154
If both cards are half of the flipped side, it's a cool idea but all I can think of is how much of a pain in the ass it will be in paper magic.
> Take both cards out of their sleeves to flip.
> Weird 2-handed tap motion
>>
>>47988158
I'm aware, and I'll be paying attention to the spoils. But the mechanics and cards spoiled first tend to make or break the set for me, since that's presumably what development is most pleased and excited with.
>>
>>47987005
That's even worsethanthe double-latte and puppy sign. Magic is a crippling addiction that takes years to die down.
>>
>>47987307
Yeah; that was disgusting.
Should have AT LEAST be a "megamorph X" where it comes with X counters on it.
But no, not even that. What the fuck where they thinking?
>>
File: 1456243335038.jpg (37 KB, 800x448) Image search: [Google]
1456243335038.jpg
37 KB, 800x448
>>47988226
>>
>>47988957
>If both cards are half of the flipped side
They're not, it seems: >>47984399

If that is indeed a melded creature, it looks like only one card (no seam) and the frame doesn't show that it's meant to fit with another half like BFM or Pokemon LEGENDs.

So what will the other card become?
>>
>>47987390
Maro'mrakul

Hahaha

MaRo got hacked! Phaggewt!!
>>
>>47988957
>Not using sleeved flip tokens
>Not having the actual card in a clear sleeve in the token box
Scrub
>>
File: aZVg2VL.jpg (176 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
aZVg2VL.jpg
176 KB, 960x960
>>47989089
>>
>>47989220
But that's a fake and if Hanweir was like that we'd be able to see.

Actually I think the most likely answer is that they are split like that and Hanweir simply isn't a meld card.
>>
>>47989426
Hanweir just got revealed

Both a rare land and rare red creature that meld
>>
>>47989444
>>47989220
I see >>47989377

The seam is just well hidden.
>>
>>47989426
>>47989474
Do you both seriously believe wizards didn't "leak" a photoshoped version of a meld card to build hype when it was revealed
>>
>>47984154
It seems like you want everyone to be very upset about this, but I'm not. Even if meld is a shitty mechanic, it'll be gone next set, replaced with a new gimmick. Hearing y'all complain ceaselessly every single set is starting to get really tiresome.
>>
How the heck is anyone going to be melding any of these rares together in limited, is what I want to know.
>>
>>47984399
This is a meld card
>>
>>47993070
Grab both, draw both?
>>
>>47993091
I mean, the chances of actually getting the two cards to put in your deck together seem very small.
>>
>>47993117
Yeah? Okay. So?
>>
> all this speculation about how the meld cards will be printed
Seems pretty obvious to me: one meld card is printed as a DFC and the other isn't.
>>
>>47993126
>limitedfags
>>
>>47993150
No, I mean, what is surprising that you're not getting specific rares in Limited?
>>
>>47987909
>As it turned out, the playtesters did not get it.

What a surprise, the playtesters are as stupid as your average player.
>>
File: hsghxgxg_header.jpg (337 KB, 1920x1120) Image search: [Google]
hsghxgxg_header.jpg
337 KB, 1920x1120
P-please...'elp us...
An unsightly beast...
A great terror looms...
Ludwig the Accursed is coming...
'Avemercy...'ave mercy upon us...
>>
I'm tentatively excited about this.

>>47988698
This is EDH, you'd just be allowed to treat the full Meld as your Colour Identity
>>
>>47993167
im not the guy you were respoding to, just poking fun at an idiot.
>>
>>47993128
Seems like the obvious route, both cards have the indicator that they transform so I assume the one with the (melds with) text is the normal card and the other is the actual dfc. And I assume "melding" involves exiling the non-dfc half of the meld.
>>
>>47993222
the rules committee will probably make a rule for meld

>>47993245
>exiling the non-dfc half of the meld
they are both dfc, theres a seam in the pics of the melded creatures like in >>47989220
>>
>>47984345
>>47984461
>Uh, that ability you're talking about was from Kamigawa
Also the Champion ability from Lorwyn. Though last Innistrad they literally took a mechanic from Kaijudo. I'm sort of surprised they're doing this differently, though the Kaijudo ones that do this are stupid little fold out booklets.

>>47984809
Colourless tutor*
>>
>>47993222
My understanding is that all of the meld cards have been reviled already which makes thing a lot less complicated. All of the backs are colorless and all of the pairs have matching color identities.
>>
File: 1467038630202.png (174 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
1467038630202.png
174 KB, 265x370
Might as well use this as an opportunity for a reposting, since new anons are either waking up or coming back from work or school.
>>
File: 1467038691932.png (163 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
1467038691932.png
163 KB, 265x370
>>47993395
>>
File: 1467038753808.png (197 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
1467038753808.png
197 KB, 265x370
>>47993411
>>
File: 1467038815362.png (154 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
1467038815362.png
154 KB, 265x370
>>47993431
>>
File: 1467038877187.png (170 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
1467038877187.png
170 KB, 265x370
>>47993441
>>
>>47993411
>>47993431
Kek that flavor
>>
>>47993411
>>47993431
I like how these cards both show emrakul in them and are literally the same picture, just zoomed in on a slightly different angle.
>>
File: 1467038938828.png (147 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
1467038938828.png
147 KB, 265x370
>>47993456
>>
>>47987919
>New Gisela wearing spats

Muh dick.
>>
>>47993456
How the fuck is that thing flying with hundreds of holes in its wings?
>>
File: 1467039000395.png (185 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
1467039000395.png
185 KB, 265x370
>>47993470
>>
File: 1467039061782.png (164 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
1467039061782.png
164 KB, 265x370
>>47993487
>>
>>47993485
to Fly in magic, one simply has to have enough mana and the knowledge on how to use it to fly.

Angels and Demons and Vampires all fly under this and its refered to as "the Power".

Eldrazi are well known for being able to fly without wings.
>>
File: 1467039123853.png (152 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
1467039123853.png
152 KB, 265x370
>>47993500
>>
File: 1467039186894.png (174 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
1467039186894.png
174 KB, 265x370
>>47993515
>>
File: 1467039250517.png (193 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
1467039250517.png
193 KB, 265x370
>>47993536
>>
If you control and own two of the half that doesn't have the trigger/activated ability and one that does, what happen
>>
File: 1467039429615.jpg (56 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
1467039429615.jpg
56 KB, 223x311
>>47993554
>>
>>47993559

You have to trigger the flip to make it happen.
>>
you pick one of the two to be the one the ability exiles.
>>
File: 1467039493766.jpg (52 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
1467039493766.jpg
52 KB, 223x311
>>47993570
>>
File: 1467039562908.jpg (57 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
1467039562908.jpg
57 KB, 223x311
>>47993591
>>
>>47993570
>>47993591
>>47993600

What happens if one is a commander and they die when flipped?
>>
File: 1467040359185.jpg (35 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
1467040359185.jpg
35 KB, 265x370
>>47993600
>>
File: 1467040420396.jpg (28 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
1467040420396.jpg
28 KB, 265x370
>>47993630
>>
>>47993626
go read the mechanics article. aside from on the battlefield meld cards are two separate cards. so you could put your commander in the command zone and the other goes wherever it would have anyway.
>>
File: 1467046586550.jpg (42 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
1467046586550.jpg
42 KB, 265x370
>>47993650
>>
File: 1467046762648.png (129 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
1467046762648.png
129 KB, 223x311
>>47993668
>>
The amount of women in the last sets is increasing exponentially
>>
>>47993738
Yeah? And?
>>
>>47993738
SNU SNU BLOCK WHEN?
>>
>>47993177
Where did you find this? That looks like the horse from the trailer.
>>
>>47993768
Front page of MtG website, as the background. Perfect desktop size for me.
>>
>>47993554
Sup Mongoose
>>
>>47993750
just wondering what will happen when men are the minority
>>
>>47993813
Not quite, no.
>>
>>47993829
Men will be the minority in M:tG art? I mean, what do you expect is going to happen?
>>
>>47993830
It's as much Mongoose as that Fungus 0/4 is Goyf. A ghetto version. Enough to warrant a nickname. You can't take that from me.
>>
>>47993829
We, as a species, will reach utopia? How about you leave, you fucking shitlord.
>>
>>47993570
>not even R/W anymore
EDH BOROS BTFO ONCE AGAIN
>>
>>47993873
Men are already the minority though.
>>
>>47993873
I'm not even that guy but pretty sure it's you the one who is leaning into shitposting so far
>>
>>47993892
like it wasn't already the shittiest you can possibly play in commander.

and yet there is always "that guy" with his Gisela or Aurelia deck getting curbstomped because has no draw spells of any kind and relies entirely on a billion mana rocks.
>>
File: chitteringhost.jpg (43 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
chitteringhost.jpg
43 KB, 265x370
>>47984154
>whats meld?

This sets spin on transform, basically combining two creatures into one
>>
>>47993652
>Bruna as Commander
>Brisela dies
>Cast Bruna from Command zone
>Return Gisela to play from the graveyard
I know she's basically an Eldrazi at that point, but it would be great if that was an ETB instead of a Cast.
>>
>>47993970
That's exactly my point. R/W is continuously shit on. They didn't get any decent commanders in 2015, (Anya being a waste of time, a nobody, and not Feather makes me physically ill) and the chance for another Gisela was wasted because'mrakul.

It's just humorous to me.
>>
>>47993997
I think gisela is exiled
>>
>>47994019
They come back Melded. Otherwise you'd be able to pull a Gisela that doesn't physically exist out of Exile. If Brisela dies, she goes to the grave.
>>
>>47994001
You seem a touch more butthurt than humored, just a touch. Well what can you expect from autists that only like/play/roleplay only 1 color combination and possibly only play waifu EDH.
>>
>>47993515
The flip is just so terrible I don't know who'd play it. It NEVER flips unless you're losing as well.
>>
>>47993970
>no draw spells of any kind
>what is scroll rack/land tax
>what is well of lost dreams and lifelink, or any fucking incidental lifegain at all
>what is mind's fucking eye
not to mention just playing "wrath, wrath, wrath, spot removal" with random threats sprinkled in between them is just fine when you can go "oh right, i have a commander" and play it for the first time after everyone else has spent resources trying to maintain a board state. oh no, i'm out of cards and so is everyone else.
>>
>>47993873
Nice bait. Now go try and reach your utopia using your made-by-a-man computer on reddit.
>>
>>47994090
none of that works in commander because your opponents who aren't dumb and playing Green blue and black paired with other colors can eat all your hand/resources and just load back up.

any draw shit you have they have, but better.
>>
>>47993967
>>47994098
>responding to obvious bait
Men, I swear.
>>
>>47994124
You act like tg isn't one of the most easier 4Chan subforums to troll.
>>
>tfw no non-eldrazi melds
>no card thats just a vampire child sitting on another's shoulders in a trenchcoat
>no high ranking cathar using his old deceased partner as a stand
>>
>>47994157
>tg
>4Chan
>subforums
Subtle. I like it.
>>
>>47994081
>Losing
The only life that matters is the last. Everything else just gets you there.
Have you never played Suicide Black?
>>
>>47994001
>implying Kalemne is bad

You got a 3/3 Doublestrike with vigilance that gets permanently bigger when you cast Sun Titan. To recur your Swords of XY for 4 mana.
>>
>>47994185
Nope. Explain how the deck plays out since I'm a horrible deck builder and the lists I googled don't tell me much.
>>
>>47993829
men are already a minority in mtg, just look at the legendary creature cycles these last sets. Even the fucking dragonlords.
>>
>>47987919
>>47993570
Huh.

Why is she holding the blades together in contrast, why is her hair more purple than red when being redhaired was one of her most defining traits, and why is she mono-white rather than white-red?

Also, why is she turning into an Eldrazi and why does every Innistrad waifu have to be ruined/killed/corrupted?
>>
File: 1440496109131.jpg (57 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
1440496109131.jpg
57 KB, 312x445
>>47994217
Back in mah days, Suicide Black was all about killing turn 2 or 3 with the help of Shadow creatures, a few Dark Rituals and Lotus Petals and pic related, which is still my favorite card to this day.
>>
>>47994157
Nothing is easier to troll then EDH players
>>
>>47994213
sounds like a bitching uncommon, brah.
>>
File: 1463774466810.jpg (50 KB, 499x361) Image search: [Google]
1463774466810.jpg
50 KB, 499x361
>>47994288
>uncommon

Here you go champ
>>
>>47994254
Sounds high-risk, high reward, quick, and fun.
>>
>>47994217
Suicide Black isn't a deck, it's a playstyle. Basically you treat your own everything as a resource, taking life, sacrificing creatures, and just generally being suicidal while making sure for every one thing you lose, your opponents lose twice as much.

I play Savra as my Commander. That's essentially what I do. I get an army of creatures, then sacrifice them and Savra and Grave Pact (and Erebos' Dictate and Butcher of Malakir and so on) make sure that my opponents lose more. I pay life because I know my opponents will suffer more (also the green helps me get it back).

Phyrexian Obliterator is another card that epitomizes the "suicide Black" attitude. And most cards that are cheap beaters with "when ~ CIT, you lose X life".

Cryptolith Fragments also has a home in Heartless Hidetsuga EDH decks, though I don't think it'll be worth it in most decks. Would have been better if it was "ten life less than their starting life total".
>>
>>47994350
it is literally an expensive Uncommon with one caveat.

infact, some of those 3 mana doublestrikers had MORe going on.
>>
>>47994252
There's still Sigarda and Thalia, anon.
>>
>>47988277
FOIL Goyf. And that was a year ago.
>>
Can get back on topic and actually talk about the spoiled cards?

I've gone from decently hyped to modertaley hyped to... underwhelmed. having both sides be flip cards is, honestly, pretty inelegant. Only one of the pair needed to be as such, the one with the 'meld' text on it. Now they've wasted quite a few double-faced cards in the set (which they have a limited amount of) that could have gone to more werewolves or cool flip cards like kindly stranger or elusive tormentor, both of which are sorely needed.

Nevermind the fact that both meld and emerge are very high risk mechanics, setting you up for 2-for-1s (especially since they've just shown a 2 mana kill spell at uncommon), and there's no safety clause for removal like with aura creatures (where if the enchanted target got killed, the aura came back as a creature or still resolves if you were casting it.). Also the fact that both parts of the meld card are DFCs just means that there's no way in hell you're getting this off in limited, which is the only place 1B for a 2/1 rat or 4b for a 3/3 sort-of-gravedigger would ever see play.
>>
>>47987909
Should've just been reminder text on the card, then. They didn't need to keyword it.
>>
File: Innistrad's Hope.png (991 KB, 1691x699) Image search: [Google]
Innistrad's Hope.png
991 KB, 1691x699
I was trying to find a way for my werewolves to kill this thing, does this work? I'm not sure how the etb effects trigger with Vildin-Pack Alpha's transform ability.
>>
>>47984352
>I don't like thing
>it's a shitty meme and you should not like thing

k
>>
>>47994591
>reminder text
No, that'd be rules text, actually. The reminder text is for keywords, or mechanics that need further clarification.

It's funny you're trying to be angry at shit you don't even understand.
>>
>>47994579
?

Play Gisela which is a great card on its own > Play Bruna > You're getting Brisela anyway and winning the game
>>
>>47994495
it's really a shame thalia didnt get ranched. humans in standard doesn't need more stuff while spirits could use a disruptive creature and a neat u/w hatebear alongside ya boi reflector mage could create a more flicker-heavy variant in the modern deck.
>>
>>47994252
Holding the blades together is a metaphor for the fusion she's about to undergo.
Her hair looks more purple/pink than red because she's being warped into looking purple/pink instead.
Probably to keep it as a playable combo with mono-white Bruna, rather than splitting and making it even more unplayable than it already is.
>>
>>47994598
Aside from the fact you can't cast the bandit, yes.
>>
>>47994634
>unplayable
>implying Gisela won't be every fucking where in Standard

Lmao, this fucking shitter.
>>
>>47994628
Unless somebody kills one of them in response to the trigger, and then the other automatically exiles itself!

So good.
>>
>>47994644
I think he's assuming he has the bandit out befor Brisela hits the field. You would have a hell of a time in standard getting that out by turn three.
>>
>>47994579
Look at it another way and just pretend those meld mechanics don't exist at all. Just like the vanilla test - pretend these things don't have a bonus flip side.

Wizards isn't doing this for Cube players or Constructed players or even Limited players anymore. They slapping a fresh coat of paint on what we're already super familiar with to sell to the players who have only been playing for 1-5 years, namely the people who weren't around for original Innistrad but heard a lot about it. It was the same for Zendikar; same for Ravnica.

Because THOSE are the people who buy your shit.

Me, I want interesting Cube cards. I want shit that goes into my Commander deck. I want a card like Open the Vaults or Ichor Wellspring that creates an entirely new Modern Deck. They are NOT putting any creative effort into making those cards nor are they doing anything spectacular in Limited because they're ultimately all fucking vanilla creatures or ETB Gravedigger value cards.
>>
>>47994252
Because they pulled a new phyrexia on us and now this plane's completely fucked and we're probably never going back here again.

But it's OK, I'm sure Jace and friends got out just fine, and that's all that matters in the end. After all, no one REALLY liked Innistrad, right? They just like the Eldrazi and the Gatewatch! So glad they fixed this silly plane by focusing on what makes magic great, the cool planeswalkers and their battle against the eldrazi! Not stupid crap like gothic horror, a focus on 17th/18th century weapon and armor style, or a slew of monstrous tribes fighting themselves and each other for survival... man, who could ever like that. Now we get to experience battle for zendikar and oath of gatewatch all over again, isn't that exciting?
>>
>>47994663
Read the part of the post that I was responding to. Anon was asking why that Gisela wasn't red and white.

2RW would be less playable than 2WW, yes. It would also make Brisela, what Bruna and Gisela were designed for, less playable, especially if Bruna was made to be UW.

So yes, making Gisela RW would have made her less playable. I'm not commenting on her in her current state.
>>
>>47994664
If it dies in response to the trigger, the thing doesn't trigger and she doesn't exile hersrlf.
>>
>>47993829
They'll stop when the realize that putting women on the cards doesn't make women want to buy the cards anymore.

And then we'll be playing Fujoshi: The Gathering with nothing but shirtless male planeswalkers.
>>
>>47994719
Ha true, damn conditionals.

>>47994722
Maybe they just want men to buy more cards and don't really give a shit about women specifically?
>>
>>47994741
>Maybe they just want men to buy more cards and don't really give a shit about women specifically?
No, they're specifically trying to "fix the problem" of women not being interested in magic.

I do hope they continue because not being sure whether to go for the playset of buy a box Thalia and foil Kristen Stewart Thalia is a problem I'm totally okay with.
>>
>>47994741
they've been steadily going more and more on the "progressive liberal politics" game since Khans.

no one who playes cared either way that Alesha was a trans character because she didn't fucking matter and has been dead for a thousand years and magic players are in general, not that vorthos'y.

but WoTC pushes it all the same, for the people who don't play magic but just talk about it politically (same for the people who don't watch shows or read comics) and those people are progressive feminists.
>>
>>47994765
>No, they're specifically trying to "fix the problem" of women not being interested in magic.
Hmmm, I don't see it really. But again, I don't care about the politics, and I've been into this game since Urza's Saga and I was wee, so.
>>
>>47994775
Do you want me to post the 4plebs archive of those threads?

People here cared a lot that Alesha was trans, in a very negative way.
>>
>>47994799
people here will say anything to get a rise out of other people, because its 4chan.

its meaningless babble, people in "the real world" didn't give a fuck about Alesha but mostly just eye-rolled at how forced it really was.
>>
>>47994818
We had thread after thread after thread, all 300 posts or more, full of people tearing their hair out and wailing over it. Are you going to suggest that all of them were just trolls trolling trolls, getting rises out of each other?

The MtG players here were triggered like fuck by it.
>>
>>47987909
>>47994591
Devoid should have been a colour indicator, with reminder text.

>>47994625
No, he means reminder text.

Also, for whoever was saying that Devoid was "like having a Keyword for gold cards to say they're multicolour", that's basically what Transguild Courier was, though it was given a Colour Indicator (this is actually important mechanically, because
>6/7/2013: Although originally printed with a characteristic-defining ability that defined its color, this card now has a color indicator. This color indicator can't be affected by text-changing effects (such as the one created by Crystal Spray), although color-changing effects can still overwrite it.
so something like Humility won't make it lose the "this is all colours" ability.
Frankly, I'm surpised that Devoid works the way it did, because Humility and similar "become vanilla" effects will stop things from being Colourless.

>>47994775
>>47994741
>>47994765
>>47994792
It's been going on since a lot longer than Khans. And it's not that women aren't interested so much as a lot of women feel that they're unwanted by the community. So Magic is trying to not just be the typical "women are sexy fan service" kind of game that a lot of other things are. Yeah, you still get sexy women, but you also get sexy men like Enthralling Victorcharacters who are sensibly dressed.

>>47994818
The internet isn't that different from the real world, to be honest. There's a lot of trans hate in both, even if the internet tends to be louder.
>>
>>47994792
They've said it in articles and interviews. Can't provide a source because I'm lazy but it's definitely something they care about.

>>47994799
Honestly I only cared because it was so in your face in the article. If it was just a girl I wouldn't have cared, if they hadn't had the orcs be so against it, I wouldn't have cared, but they just rubbed it in your face so hard it was laughable. Honestly I thought Alesha was just gay at first and didn't realize he/she was trying to be trans until someone pointed it out.

>>47994868
>We had thread after thread after thread, all 300 posts or more, full of people tearing their hair out and wailing over it. Are you going to suggest that all of them were just trolls trolling trolls, getting rises out of each other?
Yes.
>>
>>47994628
The new card doesn't have haste, they have a turn to deal with the creature. IIRC there's quite a few 4cmc removal spells in standard, including that 1W hoser one from origins that exiles creatures that entered the battlefield and weren't casted from your hand.... and you're probably never getting out a 7 cmc angel & 4cmc angel at the same time in any other format.

>>47994664
If i'm reading it right, the wording on meld means they'll only actually get exiled if you still control both when the ability resolves.

>>47994705
>Wizards isn't doing this for Cube players or Constructed players or even Limited players anymore
Scariest truth about the whole damn thing, especially apparent with ETA being limited release and not having many reprints people actually wanted. They're doing it for the secondary market. Casuals will eat these cards up, no doubt they'll be expensive just because SCG and TGCplayer knows people will pay that much for them.
>>
>>47994868
it could have literally been just 10 people.
>>
>>47987390
are you on fucking windows 95?
>>
>>47993456
Emerge has potential
>>
>>47994880
>And it's not that women aren't interested so much as a lot of women feel that they're unwanted by the community
And that's complete bullshit and entirely their own prejudices showing through. I've NEVER seen a single woman who was actually unwanted in any of the LGSs that I've been to over the years. If they don't feel welcome, it's because they make themselves feel unwelcome.
>>
>>47994880
>Frankly, I'm surpised that Devoid works the way it did, because Humility and similar "become vanilla" effects will stop things from being Colourless.
Because it's only really relevant in Standard.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.