[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
[Your Group Here]
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: 1407264190111.jpg (248 KB, 1470x544) Image search: [Google]
1407264190111.jpg
248 KB, 1470x544
Let's talk about tables, /tg/, and the people who sit around them.

What does your gaming group look like? Give us a roster.
How often do you guys get together?
Do you have just one, or do you bounce between tables?

And the big question, of course:
If you could change something about your group, BESIDES how often you get to play, what would it be?

And why aren't you changing it?
>>
File: 1407622504104.jpg (339 KB, 1158x612) Image search: [Google]
1407622504104.jpg
339 KB, 1158x612
>>47980941

My current group is running a 5e game, but due to the summer shaking up everyone's schedule we haven't met for a month or so, which is a shame - I was enjoying the game. I only tend to have one group for any given time, but since I don't always want to DM, I find myself joining other tables from time to time.

The current lineup is,

Myself - Large bearded viking (also large-bearded viking) and Usually-DM, currently playing a Half-Elf Dex Paladin with rapier and shield. She's Lawful Evil, with the Oath of the Crown, and doing her absolute best not to be an edgelord about it. She is, simply, a pragmatic person.

Girlfriend - Slender Goth with a Natalie Dormer Undercut. Good at playing brash yet honest characters. Currently playing a human STR Paladin, but also spec'd to sword and board - we've got the feats to form a two-man shield wall and make a hard point on the battlefield.

Roommate - Younger guy, just turned 21 or so. Lifetime of Irish step dance, plays guitar. Currently playing a Half-Elf Ranger who has succeeded in making exactly zero shots - but at least he's got good humor about it.

Friend - Stocky, good-natured guy with curly hair and bad luck with women (though who the fuck am I to call someone "stocky"). Playing the dwarf barbarian, who has just been going apeshit on some Duergar jailers to get us out - strength score like a motherfucker.

DM's girlfriend - Young (21), trendy-ish, dyed hair and artsy clothes. Salty-mouthed and hard-drinking, gets naked (not during game nights) often enough for it not to be a thing anymore. Playing a half-orc warlock with an undead pact, has been the most in-character so far.

DM - Slender guy, runner's build, tattooed and easily excited. His first time running a game, and he's doing a pretty good job so far - a good enough job that I want to encourage him.
>>
Bump, I've been trying to get a first group together myself and I'd be interested to see what the typical group looks like
>>
>>47980941
>playing Dungeons and Dragons with TEN (10) player characters

Come on now.
>>
>>47982660

Well, Snow White has clearly run for the Seven Dwarves before, and it's not that big a deal to take on just a few more.
>>
>>47982506

In that case, since it doesn't seem that people are volunteering stuff, maybe you could ask questions - what are you wondering about?
>>
>>47982660
I'd say that's sort of normal for 1st edition, but the character sheets look like some flavor of 3e. That's probably a pretty shitty game.
>>
>>47980941
Why is Snow White so evil looking in this picture.
>>
>>47988275
she's the GM
>>
>>47988275
She is the DM

>>47980941
We are a group of friends who normally hang out and sometimes is for roling. The rooster is:

-Me: the noob DM. This is my first time beaing a master.

-Guy who is only 20 but already has white hair because of some congenital shit. He is usually the DM, and he is used to be the best player of the game, and for a reason, because he usually is. But when something doesn't go the way he wants he can be a little bit grumpy.

-Best bro who is kind of unpredictable in real life and all his pc share this trait. His pc are always chaotic, and either he is a bad guy who destroys everything in his way or he is a friend of justice who destroys everything in his way. He makes any game funnier.

-His girlfriend: A newbie who seems to be just as unpredictable as him, and wants to fuck everything. yay.

-Gay friend: kinda wants to fuck everything, but he knows when to do it and when to hold. Good playing social characters.

-That guy

-Guy who I think doesn't really want to play, just to hang out with us. I have asked him before because he shows no interest but he says he wants to play.

That's all for now, but tehre are 3 potential new players, though my bet is that they wont jump in.
>>
>>47980941
>>47988412
I forgot the what I would change about the group. Honestly, the only think I can complain is that some of them have little experience. The group is a little bit too big sometimes, but others is perfect and sometimes I wish they were a little bit more serious, but it just doesn't go with them.
>>
File: 1407264901749.jpg (688 KB, 1200x752) Image search: [Google]
1407264901749.jpg
688 KB, 1200x752
>>47988412

That... sounds like kind of a terrible group.

Maybe you're not expressing their strengths well, though. It sounds like you've got... a third of the group is problem players, a third of the group is lolsorandumb, and only two - gay friend and white hair - who are decent at your table.

What does a normal game session look like? Do you manage to get things done?
>>
>>47980941
I play on roll 20.. But basically it's a Russian guy(DM) in his early 20s two North Americans in their late 20s(one male one female), an older American, and two British guys who are maybe just reaching 20 or are a little younger.

Only the first three show up consistently.

The one American guy plays a dwarf who has all the tropes but it's still fun because he gets carried around by the goliath swashbuckler.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 400x300
>>47980941
>The DM
A veteran and one of the players' father, he has a tendency to low roll in foghts, despite what seems to be an intense desire to see us suffer. Runs a fair but difficult Temple of Elemental Evil.

>The Leader
Self-Appointed, as I used to be the leader, but that characer fell to evil and took over. Snarky. Plays a Psionicist who is 'Neutral Good', but honestly comes across as on the road to evil as well.

>The Voice of Reason
A sarcastic yet leveheaded individual who is always there to help you out. Socially tone deaf, though. Plays a useful dwarf cleric.

>The Joker
He makes lolsorandom work for his Human Jester Bard because he also is a walking arsenal of magic items to deal death. Player is my younger brother and aleays goes the chaotic route, as it is more fun for him.

>The Siblings
The sister is less a voice of reason and more a voice of sick of all your shit. She is the first to raise a concern about the state of The Plan and how it will get us all killed.

Her brother is reckless to the extreme. Used to play a dragon but died, resulting in Dragon-skin armor for the sister. Now plays another psionicist.

>QT
Apparently pined after me for some time before I made advances. Green hair, lots of jewery, loves burning things. Plays a cleric healer who fights as the perfect match to my tank paladin. Black nail polish.

We may not be as 100% compatible as I had initially thought but I'll stick with it until leaving for college as things go right now.

>Myself
Most roleplay oriented, former party tactician (now disgraced). Oftentimes tired and has slept during multiple games but carrys own weight enough to make up for it.

>M:TG players
Myself, the Siblings, QT

>Yu-Gi-Oh! Players
The Leader, The Voice of Reason
>>
Myself: short, Hispanic guy. Looks the part of a stereotypical "nerd". Top-tier jackass. Somewhat in shape. Usually play trickster, or gentle giant characters to a degree. Sometimes end up getting into IC shenanigans/snarky remarks.

The DM: Talented storyteller, and musician. The most socially capable of the group. Heavy drinker. Recently took up walking/running. Usually runs a story heavy, noble dark setting.

Mr. Skeletal: Tall, hungry skeleton. Seems like a pretty nice guy. The youngest of the group. Can tend to ramble. Good role player.

Don't really know anything significant that I'd change. a good group IMO.
>>
>>47989364
Does the DM include music in his games?
>>
I've got 2 groups I play with, so I'll relay them both

Group one: Pathfinder
DM: father of one of the players, has been playing since the dawn of time. Pretty good, but doesn't explain things the best sometimes and discredits the characters common sense

Paladin: He's a huge dork IRL, but he RPs well and he's a good guy. His character it cool, it a little controlling

Sorcerer and Wizard: Myself and a close friend respectively. Basically playing an Indiana Jones and Short Round combo. I double as party face, wizard is the skill monkey number 1

Cleric: closest friend in the group, huge /lit/ nerd. Sea cleric named Marlow. Party tactician

Druid: she just kinda sits there and hits things

Bard: very young daughter of the DM, 13 I think. He let's her watch us play, and this game she wanted in. She doesn't do much, but inspire courage is nice

Ranger: wants to hunt things. Complains when we go underground
Group 2: Ad3va currently, if we're still together after the campaign we'll be trying out LotFP and the Driftwood Verses

GM: myself. New to Ad3va but we all are so it's good fun

Impact Baby: wizard from group 1, took up underground prize fighting to make money after his parents died. His Eva punches things. Also depressed

Derelict: Grew up in the gang war filled street of post second impact London. Wary of the other pilots, duel wields

Challenged: Paraplegic from somewhere in eastern Europe. Uses AT manipulation

Athlete: Charismatic generic Anime Protag. Shoots things, plays Basketball.

Operations Director: Cleric from group 1, Swedish Pro athlete turned military commander during the second impact wars. Doesn't care for much human life other than his own. Loves the tank barrage. A lot. May be making an ironman suit

Both groups are pretty good, we meet weekly for both. First group I wish was a bit more organized, too many people talking all at once. No gripes for group 2 yet, other than Derelict not talking much due to his distrust
>>
Me-Old grognard with the system mastery and good RP ability. Im usually leading the party and saving the day when somebody does something dumb

Semi-Tranny-A guy that sorta dresses like a chick but is overweight and hairy. Usually plays chicks and is solid 75% of the time but will occasionally do something mindnumbingly dumb out of the fucking blue amd need me to save the day. Hes a weirdo but a bro

Stabby-Asian kid that plays characters with names like Gloom or Grave. He has one RP persona greedy and detached. Still one of the most consistent players and does the job of sneaking and stabbing well

Newbie-New to RPGs sometimes zones out and forgets rules a lot. Hes enthusiastic but can only handle so much. Helped him make an Araccora Hunter that Sharpshoots and he loves being damage king

Dude McAwesome-New player joined made a Divination wizard and plays him as a deranged half senile old man. Still fitting into the group but I'm glad hes here. May not be able to keep playing because we can't have nice things

Derpfag- "Duur hey guys I got a low Int that means im going full retard. Im casting jump indoors and smashing my head in the roof ain't I whacky? Why isn't anyone laughing but me do I need to be more zany?" Thank god fuckface left quickly
>>
>>47991842
Good thing derpfag left, I had a player like that once too. He was awful, and also tried to attack the party after we didn't laugh at his antics. He left and is now in a professional marching band in Iowa
>>
We're getting ready to run our first official tabletop (outside of homebrew shenanigans and Munchkin for laughs). Our first game will be Pathfinder, with one of the modules from lvl 1 to 20 to help us along. We've read the rules and are prepared for the worst.

Me - Fa/tg/entleman twit with an itch to roll the bones for tabletop games of all kinds. More then likely a Forever-DM since the others can't into rules or story, but also getting to play my own character alongside them. Running a Half-Orc Bard with the Busker Archetype. Who needs a drum when you can work just as well with MANLY FLEXING!

Best Friend - Our more-or-less munchkin, as he tries to find ways to get past obstacles, within the rules and sharing the victory with the party. Wiry build with military-buzzcut (his bros are in the army far as I know) Can't write for shit but has an encyclopedic knowledge of anything he's read. Rolling a Dwarven Paladin with no archetype that will emphasizes on tanking whatever's thrown at him

GF - Slight stocky build with curves in all the right places. Lots of imagination and years of roleplay experience, so this is right up her alley. Always wants to play the local Druid or Priest equivalent in most games for both versatility and nature-loving shenanigans. Will be playing an Elf Druid.

Best Friend's GF - Slim build with a nice rack. Budding artist but has no delusions of getting famous for it. Loves fantasy and sci-fi and also reigns in the best friend when he goes a bit too far (ie: an occasional slap upside his head does the trick). Running a tiefling rogue for sneaking and thieving

Friend - Long time compadre. Stocky build with a scraggy beard and an eye for exploiting loopholes. Used to OTK most people in Yugioh and Magic back in the day. Won't be playing but has volunteered to be our DM if he can make it, and with a tablet on hand, can use the D20SRD to help him along.
>>
>>47990425

Sometimes
>>
Work took me out of two of my groups, both of which I actually liked. So I'm left with my third group.
Featuring:
Girl 1: Always on her phone, or discussing something with
Girl 2: The Nice One, she's got a year and a half under her belt, mostly from a game run by
The Guy: The only other guy in the group, he got me into rpgs via Dark Heresy
Girl 3: As close to That Guy/Girl as is in this group. Always trying to find an angle or some sort of "edge" that lets her succeed or pass a check.
And me, the GM. This was my first campaign, and I just cribbed New Vegas. Now I'm tired of running for these goons. They either don't care any more, or they're just being polite. I've stopped actually planning anything, and I'm just trying to drag them kicking and screaming through the plot. I used to offer all sort of sidequests and small hooks, but they constantly decide to just walk right on past.

I want to just end it, but at the same time, I don't want to leave the game "unfinished." help
>>
>>47994756

Have you tried talking to the group like a functional human being?
>>
>>47994782
I'm not a functional human being, so, no
>>
>>47980941
My group varies constantly as there's only a few who regularily show up:

>DM / Close Friend
Nice guy to be around, though a bit of a (self-proclaimed) asshole. Has a short temper but keeps it away from the table. Always tries to squeeze the most out of a situation and bend the rules, and borderline autistic when it comes to 'real life' equivalencies.

As a DM is a bit of a hardass, but knows when to pull the punches - awful at world-building and plot though, and relies on books and stuff he made years ago but repurposed.

>The Stone Mason
Convinced to join later on, a rough looking guy who'd fit into a biker gang if he wasn't so skinny - absurdly strong for his build, and a single father. Strangely only plays female characters and doesn't roleplay well, more often then not forgetting he actually is a female. Genuinely wants to learn how to play properly and sticks to the rules.

>The Idiot Savant
Comes across as knowing way more than he does, to the point where most of our group thinks he has mental problems. Nice guy, good friend, good roleplayer, but terrible at practical knowledge and doesn't know when to shut up. Tends to play the sneaky-stabby types.

>The Weeb/Min-Maxer
Listens to AMVs non-stop (though thankfully with earbuds), mediocre roleplayer. Only plays 2H weapon fighters to do 'maximum damage'. Has little to no volume control. Is always trying to buy the best equipment and has little use for the rest of the party aside from skill monkeys.

>The Chaotic Idiot
Pretty normal guy, though prematurely balding and overweight. Always plays (until recently) Chaotic-aligned characters even if there is no system for it. Tries to do things literally randomly to the point he was rolling dice to see what he'd do next. Has since snapped out of it for the better of the party, but easily the least stable player in our group.

(Cont)
>>
>>47980941
>What does your gaming group look like? Give us a roster.
I'm certain at least one of my group members uses /tg/ so I'll speak in generalities. They are:
>Laid-back GM who is pretty new to GMing but is insanely competent nonetheless
>Annoying but funny neckbeard with no social skills
>Paranoid newbie who thinks everyone else is out to get him
>Obsessive character-actor girl who takes everything WAY, WAY too seriously
>Quiet girl who rarely shows up and gets talked over all the time
>Me, former shit-disturber now turned peacekeeper between the others

>How often do you guys get together?
Once a week, very occasionally twice a week.

>Do you have just one, or do you bounce between tables?
We play on roll20, the current GM and I swap GM status every other campaign, usually.

>If you could change something about your group, BESIDES how often you get to play, what would it be?
My group has three problems. First, there's a ton of drama, but that's never going away, so I just deal with it. Second, we get way too many magic items and we spend TONS of time shopping and rolling for random magical loot. This sucks because (1) I'm playing a monk and (2) we have so much magical crap that we need a whole Word document just to keep track of it.

The third one honestly bothers me the most. Every other player except the quiet girl is CONSTANTLY fishing for bonuses. They'll ask if they can pull off a maneuver, and if they get any bonuses for it, and if they don't they'll ask again and again and again until eventually they exhaust every possible avenue, then they'll pick the one that gives the highest bonus. I'm the kind of player whose turn is just "I'm gonna try to kick him in the chest while saying 'Back off, ye bastard!' " and then I just roll whatever I have to in order to do so. This approach of saying "What do I have to roll in order to do X? Okay, can I get a bonus for doing Y?" feels so game-y and fake, and it sucks because it takes FOREVER.
>>
>>47995156
>The Oft-not-missed Asshole
Rarely plays, though often draws the ire of the party whenever he does. Even when aligned Good, will go out of his way to gain petty favour amongst evil organizations, especially to the detriment of the party. Finds this all amusing, no doubt - but was put on a figurative leash after putting the party in danger intentionally, then trying to save them after having second thoughts (but also trying to stay in good standing with the evil organization).

>Me / New DM
Voice of reason (I hope). Will poke holes in peoples plans because I've DM'd myself before (and am the current DM in a new campaign). Usually the party's fall guy when shit goes south, practically only play healers and support-type characters. Easily frustrated by party conflict and arguments.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that Idiot Savant is a dragon lover to a Magical Realm extreme. Take that as you will.
>>
>>47995235
We tend to bounce from game to game, different DMs, etc. as interests and available times change, though we consistently meet up Saturdays for at least one game a week. Pathfinder, 3.5 and Merc/Twilight 2000 is pretty much all we play.

I think I would want my group to be more cooperative, and my DMs to actually have a decent narrative to follow instead of the usual 'Here's your open-ended campaign with little to no direction, have fine while I make stuff up as I go.'
>>
Man, I would post in this thread, but some of the people in my group browse /tg/, and they'd instantly know who I am based on the insults I'd be throwing their way.
>>
>>47992365

First dubs have been checked next yeah it was a good thing. We are presently reorganizing in the aftermath of that so our year+ game doesn't die off
>>
>>47980941
>Ariel at the GM's right hand giving her those eyes
Jej.

Anyway, what kind of character do you think those princesses would roll up?
>>
>>47980941
>Aurora half-asleep
>Belle flipping through the Monster Manual
It's the little details that matter.
>>
Aye, I'll bite. Small 4 person group (myself included) Consists of me, the wife, and two roommates we both have known since highschool.

>Forever GM
Myself, mid 20's, sightly above average attractiveness and can function in society if forced to. Currently working for Michelin (freaking love the benefits). In love with savage worlds but looking at switching to the cortex system as my group is in between games at the moment.

>Me wife
Short and slightly on the plump side, pretty face. Tattoo sleeve, colored hair, and gauges. Currently in school for gamedesign and looking to graduate with a high GPA. Her RP could use some work but her versatility and adaptability to in-game situations makes up for it.

>Roommate 1
Scrawny dude, weeaboo, bartender. Bit of a whiteknight and it leaks into his roleplay, leads to a lot of same-y characters. He puts a lot of work into his backstories and is pretty invested in his characters though so I can't complain too much.

>Roommate 2
Formerly, large neckbeard (new interest in self image and a diet has revoked this title) Large guy with a thing for RPing little girls, big softie but occasionally has anger problems. In school for media design. Would spend more time world building than character building if he could. Is largely the voice of reason when the other two want to do something stupid in game.
>>
>>47981421
I've seen you post your group makeup in other threads before. You must be proud of it. Storytime us.
>>
>>47995326
Post you pleb.
>>
>new game with my old group
>there's been some drama one guy had to leave so now we are playing shadowrun
>different gm than usual
>"ehh whatever, I like shadowrun there's no way he can ruin it for me"
>build characters, make a melee combat troll
>gm makes a comment about how he'd like to see my character and his fight at some point in time
>awwfucknotthis.jpg
>we all finish building our characters and have about an hour left
>gm asks us if we'd like to play a round of combat
>"yeah, lets do this"
>just made characters with no extra karma v cr 6 enemies who priority target the troll
>I literally can't roll my eyes any harder at how threatened this guy seems by my masculinity
>>
>>47980941

Alright, here's my group:

>Me, the New Guy: only been playing for about a year, am still kind of an asshat and joker. At first made wacky yet annoying characters, now working on getting rid of 'annoying.'

>My uncle, pretty chill dude, really helped me get in to the hobby. Only played one game of his so don't really have an idea of style.

>Our generous host: dad who usually runs pretty hardcore games, firm but fair. Tends to play brutes if he's played the campaign before, or anything if not.

>Our typical planner: he's probably one of our typical planners, usually plays castery characters. His games are pretty fun, good story to them.

>Other planner: his games are really involved with story, hard but you will get rewarded. Plays planny characters, generally the other guy in the party who plans.

>Off and on lady, we've had a couple of arguments away from the table but we generally get along. Hasn't ran a game yet but hopefully we will soon.
>>
>>48002679

We tend to bounce from game to game, there's no 'forever-Gm' but it's usually either our host or the typical planner who runs games.

We've played a lot of systems. We usually run on Wednesday, usually meet in the evening.

I can't think about anything I would change about my group.
>>
a neurotic asshole, an autistic robot, a man-child whose pictures appears next to both 'useless' and 'boring' in the dictionary, a bitchy woman, and a relatively normal dude. you can guess who i am. im not the normal dude.
>>
>>47980941
There are five of us plus the DM in my D&D5e game, which currently is my only regularly structured game.

We have a jolly fat nerd who is playing a human bard; his fiancée playing an elf druid; a metalhead former stoner burnout who plays a half-elf sorcerer; a perpetual college student academic playing a fucking elf wizard because of course he is; and me, who plays a human cleric.

We play once a week more or less but we missed last week because everyone seemed to have something they got stuck with. We're all in our thirties (or close to it; the wizard is 28) so I guess life happens.

If I could change anything I think I'd probably get the rule of no drinking lifted. The DM instituted it years before me (or anyone in the group) was present. It's his house we play at so I don't see why we'd push the issue, plus we usually play from like 1pm to 8pm or so on Saturdays with a break for dinner so I don't really need to crack a beer. But sometimes it'd be nice.
>>
>>47980941
>what does your gaming group look like
I don't have one. I have no friends.
>How often do you guys get together
We don't.
>do you have just one
I have none.
>if you could change something
I would have a group.
>>
>>48003188
nice meme response you fucking no lifer
>>
>>48002965
> you can guess who i am
bitchy woman
>>
>>48000318

This group is just the most recent in a string of good ones, and we haven't done much worthy of song yet... but let's see.

>Entire group has been caught up in the imperial crackdown against subversive elements.
>Carted off to wasteland Gulag out in the dustmarches.
>Forced labor camp; some groups mine salt, ours is lumberjacking one of the few things to grow out here, a kind of massive ironwood tree that makes good arms and armor.
>We decide that, collectively, we are fed up with this shit.

>Ranger is watching the portal, the only way out without walking sixty miles of dust, and figures out the schedule. We plan to make a break for fifteen minutes before the portal opens, so that we can be ready to push through it as soon as its up.
>My paladin, the smallest and most female of the group, lets the others rough her up, tear her tunic, act as though she's been done a mischief. The others conceal themselves in the trees, so that when a guard comes around, he'll just find this crumpled, half-stripped woman on the ground.
>We figure, good man is moved and tries to help, lustful man tries to take advantage, sadistic man tries to make my pain worse, should cover most of our bases.
>Sadistic Man comes, leading three guards. Jackpot.
>I tell him that the group did this to me, that they went off there somewhere (towards one of the other work groups), tell him I need his help, tell him I think they're planning something.
>When he turns to start ordering his men into the woods, I pass a fucking brilliant slight of hand check, and take the knife from his belt.

>AND SO ENDS THE ONLY GOOD ROLL IN THE WHOLE FUCKING COMBAT ENCOUNTER.

>Ranger tries to drop down out of a tree on him, crit fails the roll, winds up landing hard in the dirt with the guard enraged over him.
>I try to take advantage of the distraction, go for an attack from behind with the knife, fail, get smacked backwards by the guard.
>Still have his knife, tho.
(Cont)
>>
>>48006492
>Barbarian, seeing his moment, leaps from cover ahead of the warlock and the other paladin, and throws his rock (one of two weapons we'd been able to find) at one of the other guards' head.
>Goes sailing over his shoulder.
>Warlock tries to flank, with a sneak check, which is okay at first. Tries to lob some magical gofuckyourself at the guards... goes less well.
>Paladin is just trying to bounce between enemies right now, with a branch he found as a bokken, and is doing an okay job of keeping the guards from focusing long enough to kill any of us.
>I make a few more attacks with the guard's knife, then see the first guard about to coup-de-grace the ranger, who has been beaten down pretty bad. I look at the only weapon I've had so far...
>Throw the knife at the guard.
>Sinks to the hilt in his shoulder, disabling the arm.

>Another three guards, with their work group in chains behind them, come to see what the commotion is about, and the other paladin sees his moment - makes impassioned speech to the other prisoners, bolsters them... and rolls the shit out of his diplomacy check.
>Prisoners rise up, and we manage to beat down both sets of guards.

And that is the story of how our first time GM found out that CR is meant to include the gear you would be expected to have at a given level.

Christ. Fun fight, though.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.