[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Horus Heresy General /hhg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
File: image.png (787 KB, 818x546) Image search: [Google]
image.png
787 KB, 818x546
Mighty Morphing Palatine Rangers Edition
Great Crusade supplements? I don't know how likely Sub-Edition
From the last thread the strawpoll has shown us that AL/IW/DGfags are the majority in these threads, too much Curzefag, one Anon wanted to know about the Iron Circle, one WSfag showed his minis, a Word Bear told us about his dudes, we got a gift and discussed how Fulgrim stole every power spear, a newbie had RoWs explained, one person wanted to know about xenos in 30k, and much more in >>47964515

Red Book Links:
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: https://mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): https://kat.cr/usearch/%22Forge%20World%22%20heresy%20user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: https://mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
>>
File: Night Lords.png (439 KB, 602x374) Image search: [Google]
Night Lords.png
439 KB, 602x374
First for the objectively best legion, the night Lords.
>>
>>47978880
Put your name back on Curzefag, how else can we filter you.
>>
File: 1454474185278.jpg (280 KB, 900x636) Image search: [Google]
1454474185278.jpg
280 KB, 900x636
SoH newbie from the last thread. Curious if any other anons know good tactics or playstyles for SoH I should go for. 1d4chan is pretty vague about how to run them
Pic unrelated
>>
Angels of Caliban when?
>>
File: 1455442054692.jpg (99 KB, 414x446) Image search: [Google]
1455442054692.jpg
99 KB, 414x446
>>47978880
>decimation
>>
So I was toying around making lists and I think I found a pretty nice use (albeit expensive but fitting the theme of my army) for lightning fighters that isn't just missile spam. My thoughts were to give it three twin-linked autocannons, ground tracking augeries, and a ramjet diffraction grid. The idea is that 6 BS 5 autocannons with rerolls to hit and pen as well as a twin-linked lascannon with the same perks. Can easily kill 1 AV 12 vehicle per turn and strip an average of 2.5 hull points off of an AV 13 vehicle every turn and seems like it would be useful for cleaning up chaff vehicles like rhinos as well as killing dreadnoughts and lighter tanks.

Is this a sound concept or should I just use lightnings for missile spam against spartans?
>>
Reposting from the last thread.

I'm planning on getting Betrayal at Calth with my friend who's going to start playing Word Bearers and I was thinking of either Blackshields or Raven Guard.

Speaking of which, how do the Raven Guard play? They look cool, and I like their fluff from what I've read, though I might go with World Eaters as I like them as well, haven't really decided yet.
>>
>>47979151
lightnings are unreliable in all aspects. especially with almost everybody running doritos.
>>
File: $_35.jpg (11 KB, 257x300) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
11 KB, 257x300
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764

LEGION CENSUS

I won't let it die
>>
Alright /hhg/, I'm pretty pissed right now, and this has brought up a question to me.

What booze would each primarch/legion drink?
Some examples I've thought of are:

>blood angel-red wine
>Iron Hands-distilled vodka, perhaps made from engine oil
>Death Guard-fucking everything
>Emperors Children-Some kind of girly cocktail? Sex on the beach?
>Imperial Fists-Lager, I feel like they'd drink a lot of lager with their German stylisation
>Alpha legion-secret, changes with every drink

Can anyone think of any else?
>>
>>47979519
>Emperors Children-Some kind of girly cocktail? Sex on the beach?
Nah they would drink brandy that has been aged for centuries or wine that requires and entire orchard of grapes to get a single bottle
>>
>>47979282
Who uses Deredeos? They are only useful for killing flyers really and die just as easily as any other dread unless you want to spend almost as much as a land raider on one.
>>
>>47979519
I feel that the Night Lords would drink regular booze and high class wine. World Eaters would probably drink Vodka.
>>47979550
That's what they'd do.
>>
>>47979550
Ah yes, this seems more fitting actually

Just realised I missed Space Wolves, we already know they drink mead

I feel like Dark Angels would drink dome kind of bitter, not sure why it's just the vibe I'm getting.
>>
>>47978964
An elite melee army. Get your legion Terminators in combat with their prized units.

Focus on quality over quantity.
>>
>>47979601
>S8 sunder
>only useful for flyers

I've seen Deredeos go through knights like paper.
>>
>>47979247
>Speaking of which, how do the Raven Guard play?
Infiltrate everything, attack the leadership. Use mor deythans to attack the hard Infantry targets. Corax and dark furys blend Marine units.
>>
>>47979675
Are the knights purposely turning around to get shot from behind?
>>
>>47979626
Dark Angels all have hip flasks and no one knows what they're drinking.
>>
>>47979747
Knights aint that good
>>
>>47979638
Interesting. From the description of Merciless Fighter I assumed that large blobs were better than MSU's, though I get with bulky counting as 2 models that would help.
Would 20man tac squads be better than running terminators?
>>
>>47979793
They aren't but even four str 8 sunder shots isn't gonna do much to a knight. Only average like 2 hull points a turn assuming the knight doesn't have an ion shield. Three turns of shooting from a unit costing around 200 points to kill a knight is hardly good.
>>
>>47979766
perhaps this is really why the lion and luther fell out. It emerged Luther had been dribking tequila and the lion had been drinking rum, and they destroyed caliban in the ensuing argument.
>>
>>47979601
>Who uses Deredeos?
everybody?
>>
Can any 30k army reliably do a mostly footslogging force? I've never liked building or painting vehicles.
>>
>>47979856
Well in 30k large blobs are better, than MSUs because of how the upgrades are set up. What I mean is with SoH I'd rather have a well equipped blob than two base blobs.

>tacs or termies

Just depends what your personal strategy is. I'd always include at least a squad of your legion Terminators with a melee beat stick.

For example I'm going to run a couple of 15 man Breachers with my Imperial Fists. RoW will make them T5 and a nuisance. I'll have a mix of termies and tanks rip up transports and Phosphex artillery to accompany the ensuing foot slog. I have Destroyers with Rad-phage to threaten 2W termies.

Just go through the codex and ask yourself how you would deal with Red Butchers, T5 IF Breachers, Fire Drakes, Phosphex camping armies, balls to the wall assault World Eaters.

How would you want to counter my IF strategy?
>>
>>47980121
Get Calas, and a whole bunch of Deathshroud and Grave Wardens.

Done. It's fluffy and surprisingly viable too!
>>
>>47980121
AL/RG/NL can do a very good infantry heavy lists, DG and IH to a certain extent but with little mobility and as far as gunlines go IW and IF do it much better.
>>
>>47980121
Imperial Fists give +1T to units with shields who don't run, charge or sweep.
>>
>>47979729
Ooh, that sounds pretty interesting, actually.

>>47980208
Can you give an example of an infantry heavy RG list? I'm interested.
>>
>>47980273
Mor'Dethyan and tacitcal support squads infiltrating close to the enemy for a first turn fuck you. Heavy Support squads infiltrating mid field to take up advantageous positions and get max coverage.
>>
Alright, I've heard that Word Bearers are described with blue eyes/equipment instead of green, yet in every picture of them I've seen only green? I'm quite confused.
>>
So my Auxilia have something called shroud bombs that force units that charge them to take a leadership check first. If they fail, they cannot charge that turn. If the other unit has fearless, do they just autopass that test?
>>
>>47980329
Huh, that sounds pretty nice.

Seeing as how both I and my friend are getting BaC, what can I expect from his Word Bearers?
>>
>>47980337
It's an inconsistency.
>>
>>47980467
You'll be able to run circles around him. WB are a bit difficult to shift in combat. If you're both running just BaC armies I think you could see a lot of success by running Pride of the Legion RoW with infiltrating veterans and terminators.
>>
>>47980529
Awesome. Last question, have any tips on painting their armor? What paints would I need and all that?
>>
>>47980067
I don't know anyone who uses them. They are pretty shit, expensive dreadnoughts with limited targets.
>>
>>47980574
Raven Guard armour? A big can of black spray paint and a pot of dark grey for highlights.
>>
>>47980584
>limited targets
>anything with an armor value
kek

go look at any vehicle heavy list online and itll have a dorito, or itll be a garbage list.
>>
>>47980584

The people who use them are the ones who impulse purchased them for whatever reason when they first came out.

I almost made the same mistake.
>>
>>47980696
>go look at any vehicle heavy list online and itll have a SICARAN, or itll be a garbage list.

Fixed
>>
>>47978983
It's already out mate
>>
>>47980820
sicaran < dorito

a good list would have both and a typhon and a spartan and a mortis with dual kheres
>>
>>47979519
>>Death Guard-fucking everything
Kek. Vodkilla: Tequila & Vodka combo, maybe with scorpion poison too. The zulu chewed poison plants, didn't they? It's the closest thing to poiso-caine.

>>47979610
>I feel that the Night Lords would drink regular booze and high class wine.
There is snake wine, maybe they'd drink those jars that contain babies preserved in alcohol.

Also, I heard New zealand has a bar that sells horse cum. What legion would drink that? Either furries or the bar gets exterminatus'd
>>
>>47981053
>maybe they'd drink those jars that contain babies preserved in alcohol.
I think that's for late night drinking when there's nothing else to drink.
>Also, I heard New zealand has a bar that sells horse cum. What legion would drink that? Either furries or the bar gets exterminatus'd
The Emperor's Children after they turned their backs on humanity. No disputing this.
>>
>>47980996
>randomly taking single units like a spartan and contemptor mortis

You're bad at this game.
>>
>>47981159
spartans are dedicated transports you tard
>>
Which of the legions liked, didn't like, and were indifferent to the Terran legionaries? I know from the loyalist side the Raven Guard/Corax didn't like them.
>>
>>47981376
BA seemed quite indifferent, it seems like the distinction disappeared after a while.
>>
>>47981376
Imperial Fists were generally cool with it.
>>
>>47981181
It's a meme, you dip
>>
>>47978964
SoH were my first legion, can't put enough emphasis on reavers. I run at least 2 blobs of 15, give them jump packs, max out power swords, melta bombs, and a pimped out sarg.

Charge, watch them get their points worth and more. You'll get to be pickt about what they fight with the added mobility but exoect to take casualties. They've carried me so many times I feel like they need broader backs.
>>
>>47981513
You mean they typically recruited from Terra and anywhere else they could get recruits
>>
>>47980134
Damn, that makes a lot of sense. I feel like Justaerin would be able to make points back easily but might not be the most points effective choice.
Your advice makes a lot of sense, thanks anon!

>>47981733
Sweet, I thought reavers were a bit if a gimmick unit but I'll definitely give them a shot. Which jump pack mk. do you think looks best on them?
>>
>>47982006
Most definitely field a squad of justaerins, they received a buff not to long ago, haven't been able to play since I've heard this.

>which looks best
The cheapest ones you can find
>>
>>47982006
Don't be afraid to make a 10 man legion Terminator squad and throw them in a Spartan.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/DISTRACTION_CARNIFEX
>>
How to level out Martial Hubris with AL? I don't like the idea of 20 tactical blobs, but can't find a way to have a fun cc equipped veteran team.
>>
>>47980455
Yes.
>>
What would /HHG/ say if I thought about modelling my BA breachers with round hoplite shields evocative of spartans?
>>
File: image.jpg (163 KB, 640x928) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163 KB, 640x928
Kek.
>>
>>47982498
What's a hoplite?
>>
>>47982678
Jesus christ, go back to school.
>>
>>47982678
I guess it is Summer.
>>
>>47982678

Oh my god. Were you never taught History?
>>
>>47980504
See, that annoys me because I like the sound of both, but I'm not sure which I'd rather paint my WB with. And I can't fond any pics of them with blue equipment except on FW's upgrade set page, but those are some really small pics as I'm on mobile, and don't really make for very good reference pics.

>>47982608
FW, plz.

>>47982678
Underage b&?
>>
>>47982701
>>47982721
>>47982753
It's just some fag baiting, nobody who reads the Horus Heresy could possibly be stupid enough to either not know, or be unable to look it up before asking.
>>
>>47982678
What the fuck. You're looking at a game that was based on space-history, with multiple references in the legions to either great leaders, cultures, and ideas, yet you don't know what the fuck a hoplite is? Are you fucking kidding me?

Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>47982701
>>47982721
>>47982753
Sorry I'm not some dumbhammer fagget

Could have just answered my question
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 600x620
>>47982608
>All those mistakes
Also, this pic alone makes me contemplate Death Guard.
>>
>>47982678

Look at this person. Look at them and laugh.
>>
>>47979519
Iron Warriors - A mixture of gravel and barb wire, mixed inside an industrial blender powered by slaves from whatever city they just annihilated
>>
File: everyone betray me!.jpg (121 KB, 620x374) Image search: [Google]
everyone betray me!.jpg
121 KB, 620x374
>>47982701
>>47982721
>>47982753
>>47982780
>>47982785
>>47982788
>>47982899
mfw everyone gets triggered at anon instead of answering my question
>>
>>47983043
A hoplite was a Greek citizen-soldier from the times of Ancient Greece.

There.
>>
>>47982798
This literally isn't dumbhammer. This is BASIC fucking history. You learn this shit in middle school. A hoplite was a citizen-soldier in the Greek city states, with a medium-sized round shield that they're mostly portrayed in.
>>
>>47982798
Ancient Greek soldiers. Made up the bulk of their armies. Armed with spears .
>>
>>47983061
No I'm the anon who was asking for modelling advice
>>
>>47983096
What was your question?
>>
>>47983043
That was my question, don't make me look like a moron. I know thats star wars and not 40k.
>>
lol these spergs.

I didn't know the word hoplight either until I encountered it in fantasy and looked it up. I never heard it in school, and yes, Greek and Roman history is still way way WAAAAAY over-emphasized in history class, they don't even teach the last 50 godamn years of U.S./world history because they spent all their time making us wank off to antiquity.

History is definitely awesome and that's why you should not be cunts when someone asks you a question about it.
>>
>>47981838
That's the joke.
>>
>>47983096
I think that model wise Hoplite-shields would make sense on BA (especially if you use their 'eccentric' sculpted abs armour from 40K).
The thing I'd be more concerned about is if you plan to paint their shields bronze like real hoplites, I feel like it might clash with the BA's colour scheme. Maybe try making their shields black/ darker red or white?
>>
>>47983137
Anything after the beginning of the Renaissance era is pretty damn boring to me. Antiquity is my thing.
>>
>>47983173
It's a sad feel when neither your EC or your WB could have such shields.
>>
>>47983173
Holy shit thank you for answering.

I was considering going bronze, cos BA do red/gold/black/white IMO. I think a red shield would be out of the question but maybe a black shield with red/gold/bronze/white markings?
>>
>>47983137

Also Russia doesn't have history.
The "Middle East" has history up until Persia and then nothing else ever happens there.
India doesn't have history. Western Asia doesn't have history. None of Asia has history except for Confucius, at least not until the British get there.
Africa? What's that? Oh, right, that's where Egypt was, nothing else ever happened in Africa.
>>
>>47983250
That sounds pretty good, actually. I demand pictures when you've got one done. Please tell me you're not going to do the 40k thing and paint helmets yellow and blue to mark out already obvious squads.
>>
>>47983125
Oh man, I haven't laughed like this in a while. I hope this is bait but then again I'm hoping it's not.
>>
>>47983302
It would depend what the breachers are counted as. Cos in 40k the different helmets represent ranks.
Gold-vet
Blue-devestator
Yellow-assault

Hopefully when FW finally get around to finishing my legion (muh narrative style release) there will be heraldry sections to tell us if and how the BA had helmet paint schemes for breachers.
>>
>>47983353
The blue and yellow just look stupid. Black and white instead maybe.
>>
>>47982701
>>47982721
>>47982753
>>47982780
>>47982788
>>47982899

New hobby: scan 40k threads and whenever someone uses an obscure gradeschool vocabulary word I ask what it means. I'm not generally into trolling but this shit is hitting my funnybone.
>>
>>47983484
What would be your opinion on arming some of them with spears to represent special weapons.

It would harken back to Sanguinius' spear of telesto which was the focus of a 40k novel. it was a weapon that Sanguinius had which could purportedly incinerate anyone who was not the blood of Sanguinius in a blasting ray of energy. In one of the possible futures viewed by Sanguinius he used it to kill Horus.

The spears could be like reverse engineered or miniaturised versions of the spear and could be used to represent plasma, melta, flamers and lascutters. I think it would look cool but I actually do care what strangers think of my army so I was wondering if that woud be too overboard.

I also want to make a front rank of them crouched down and maybe try and make the second rank holding their shields up to make a shield wall.
>>
>>47983568
Run them as power lances!
>>
>>47983568
Borderline custodian spears right there. Sounds fantastic though
>>
>>47983585
If breachers could take power weapons, but alas
>>
>>47983668
To bad it doesn't fit IF, would love to do that with my warders
>>
>>47983668
At the very least, the sergeant can. Use it to make some sort of inspirational pose for the entire squad
>>
Anyone have that Alpha Legion painting picture with the washes?
>>
>>47983568
I'd say make it so. Make them Greek and parade them around. It's what big E wants. And Chaos, I guess. I have no loyalist legions.
>>
>>47983743
The Praetor of my chapter is still a Terran-born so I'll fluff it up that the breachers are formed in the tradition of some Terran culture that lived in orbit above Terra or something and is sort of a relic among the legion now that the Baalite culture has really taken over.
>>
>>47983768
The Emperor's Children and Word Bearers support this decision.
>>
>>47983687
how would you outfit a 10 man warder squad? I'm getting my shipment for them this week and I have no goddamn clue what to build them with. all power axes seems expensive.
>>
Do any of you ever get sick of painting a colour and start a side project just to paint something else every now and then? I know it's more of a question for WiP, but I'm making a Word Bearers army and have started Emperor's Children to help.
>>
File: shopping cart.jpg (96 KB, 962x787) Image search: [Google]
shopping cart.jpg
96 KB, 962x787
What else should I get? I want to hit 250 metric pounds for free shipping.
>>
>>47983889
Drop pod to get that guy in a transport, get rid of the conversion beamer
>>
>>47983889

Decals? Shoulder Pads? Additional Weapons? Assorted other bling?
>>
>>47983869
Colour? nah. I just paint vehicles when I'm tired of infantry.
>>
>>47983889
Well, couple questions.

1. Is there anything else that could be helpful that you'd want?

2. Would you like to start up a second legion?

Like, if you wanted a quick and fluffy list for any points value, get Calas Typhon and a bunch of Deathshrouds and Grave Wardens. Pride of the Legion lets you run that as a pretty effective footslogging army for pretty cheap and a good amount of points. Of course, this is only if you're interested in DG, but it's a suggestion.
>>
>>47983792
They work a hella lot better if you drop some points on them, and tend to lean more towards specialized list. I built my list around them because they provide so much utility for me so 15 man blob.

I've ran them with axes and a couple of thunder hammers before and they worked out well but usually I give them combi weapons with meltas, flamers if I don't have points to spare. Uses the +1 BS as well as some specific target damage. Kit the Sarge out with a solaris power fist, artificer armor, a vox and velixia if you want. And of course give them an apothecary.
>>
>>47983928
counts as cortus with grav-fists
>>47983935
all my infantry have the upgrade kits.
>>
>>47983949

Well, the Decals give you a lot of add-ons for vehicles. Put an Hourglass on the sides of that Vindicator.
>>
>>47983889
Night Raptors. Ten or fifteen of them.
>>
>>47983965
I have them already. also wasn't the sequel to Betrayal at Calth rumored to have jump infantry in them?
>>
>>47983942
>1. Is there anything else that could be helpful that you'd want?

I'm thinking of getting a Scorpius. but I like having friends.

>2. Would you like to start up a second legion?

Nah, I'm pretty loyal to the Night Haunter.
>>
>>47983981
Well do you have a Curze and a Jago?
>>
>>47984034
So far I have;
Curze
Sevitar
1x Primarus Lightning fighter
1x Legion sicaran venator
1x enough rhinos for anything
1x enough drop pods for a battle company
1x Predator
1x contemptor
2x boxnoughts
60x marines with Night Lords upgrade kits and bolters
10x marines with upgrade kits and volkite
1x Rapier laser destroyer
>>
>>47984107
oh also enough marines with melta/plasma to kit two 10 man support squads.
>>
>>47984107
pics?
>>
File: Deliverance Lost.jpg (60 KB, 536x396) Image search: [Google]
Deliverance Lost.jpg
60 KB, 536x396
Corax is a faggot
>>
>>47984131
They're mostly unpainted.

I also have two terminator squads.
>>
>>47983944
How did you tailor your list around your warders?
>>
>>47984107
Uhhh.....

More Dreadnoughts. I've heard that there's an RoW that lets you take them as troops which means an army of senile grandpas!

Now I just need FW to release rules for a Dreadnought Praetor and to make the Mhara Gal Dread not useless.

>>47984147
>Mostly Unpainted
REEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>47984107
That's a solid amount of fuck right there. Get more contemptors. Or a Leviathan. Or dickbikes.
>>
>>47984204
>RoW
Yeah, there's one that takes a bunch of elite slots I've been using right now.
>REEEEEEEEEE!
I'm working on it. I promised myself one squad a weekend

>>47984329
I want to get up to three contemptors, I don't like the look of the leviathan, and I'd love to get dickbikes had they not cost as much as the british voting committee.
>>
>>47983999
Is the Scorpius really that OP and/or anti-fun?
>>
>>47984422
If you're aiming for extra contemptors, I'd say get more contemptors in your cart. Maybe some extra weapons for magnetizing.
>>
>>47984329
The venator, the lightning, and the rapier have been disappointing me lately so I'm trying to replace them. I'm just saying "fuck it" to the terror assault RoW and buying more tanks.

>>47984476
I've only ever seen them on miniwargaming but it looks like a big "fuck you" to anyone who forgot to grab artificer armour.
>>
>>47984564
the problem I'm running into with that is that there's only one night lords contemptor on the website. Getting his twin brother would be a little weird.

are rapier quad mortars still gold or do they suck now?
>>
>>47984188
I use them to hold objectives, as a mobile front, to block melee units or to funnel dudes into my tacts or heavy support. Ya know, like they are meant to be used.

Depending on what I'm feeling or if I want to play test a list depends on how I kit them and the rest of my army. Heavy support squads work well in tandem with them, kina a no brainier. More often than not I have a 20 man blob of tacts so the moment my wardens get charged or tied up in melee I use pride of the legion and watch the enemies die.

Jet and assault bikes work real damn well with them as well. Both cover the wardens weak mobility, I prefer the tough as shit bikes and proform strafing runs when ever they engage a target.

I hope that answers your question, I don't know how to explain it really, just kinda obvious to me
>>
>>47984666
Well, Satan, you can just paint and add on his details differently, y'know, they'll only look the same when they're unpainted.
>>
>>47984666
I don't run them myself, but I think they're pretty good. Are you any good at converting things? You could make some pretty kickass Night Lord contemptors.
>>
File: IMG_0293.jpg (751 KB, 1566x1645) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0293.jpg
751 KB, 1566x1645
>>47984776
This is what I did with the BaC Contemptor. Maybe I could just get a normal contemptor to dress up.

I have yet to paint the tattered flesh.
>>
>>47984587
What's been disappointing about them?
>>
>>47984872
That's pretty great, actually. Use a Night Raptor head. Maybe some chains. It'd turn out great.
>>
>>47984927
as soon as I shoot a high strength weapon with 1 shot it misses or the opponent saves. It's a curze really.
>>
>>47984930
it just so happens that I have 1 unused night raptor head in all its bat-winged glory.
>>
>>47985010
Fuck yeah, make it so, anon.
>>
NEW PLASTICS SPOTTED
GET OVER TO BOLS NOW
>>
--- Alpha Legion - 2500pts ---
- Coils of the Hydra -
>HQ
Dynat - 200
Saboteur: Artificer Armour, Combi-Melta, Power Dagger - 110

>Troops
10x Legion Tactical Squad: Artificer Armour - 160

>Elite
5x Lernaean Terminators: 4x Power Fist, 1x Chain Fist, Power Dagger - 260
Darkwing Storm Eagle - 275

>Fast Attack
3x Jetbikes: Plasma Cannon - 150

>Heavy Support
Sicaran: Lascannons - 175
Scorpius - 115
Scorpius - 115

>Dedicated Transports
Rhino - 35
Rhino - 35
Rhino - 35
Dreadclaw Pod - 100

>Lord of War
Alpharius - 415
2500/2500pts

Why is CotH kinda lacklaster when you realise that the only good Mutable tactics that works well with it is Infiltrate?
>>
>>47985176
?
>>
>>47984872
Dude, that's awesome. Well done.
>>
>>47985176
I'm not seeing anything bucko
>>
>>47985176
All there is are some flyer bundles and the BA bundle, from what I see.
>>
>>47985176
Low quality bait, you would've posted an image or link if it was real
>>
>>47985176
But for real,why ate there no leaks yet. im jonesing pretty bad here
>>
>>47985176
>BOLS
Son, I ought to smack your around like a rag doll with a thunder hammer.
>>
File: Bootsie.jpg (94 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Bootsie.jpg
94 KB, 250x250
>>47979519
>blood angel-red wine
Not Sangria. One fucking job, etc ...
>Iron Hands-distilled vodka
It's all distilled, anon. Steel Vodka ftw.
>Death Guard-fucking everything
Nah. Worm tequila only.
>Emperors Children-Sex on the beach
Blowjobs.
>Imperial Fists-Lager
Not lemon meringue schnapps. I shig, etc.
>Alpha legion-changes with every drink
Ouzo and X, where X is chosen randomly.
>>
>>47983737
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.wargaminghobby.com/terrain/&ved=0ahUKEwj7_tDmw8fNAhWIOxoKHdc2DqEQFgg8MAo&usg=AFQjCNFTkyiPD41TgESL-qaim1rFyCwuPA
>>
>>47983557
What's grade school again?
>>
>>47985674

Elementary school I think?
>>
File: Cocktails 021.jpg (164 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
Cocktails 021.jpg
164 KB, 1200x1600
>>47979519
Dark Angels: Chartreuse (it's green and made by medieval monks - a better fit for 40k but we haven't learned much about 30k DA yet)
Emperor's Children: brandy aged to perfection
Iron Warriors: bitter (the beer type)
White Scars: fermented mare's milk
Space Wolves: mead
Imperial Fists: agreed with lager. They aren't terribly imaginative
Night Lords: Fernet - extra dark and bitter
Blood Angels: heh, yeah, gotta be Sangría
Iron Hands: hydraulic fluid (some are technically alcohol)
World Eaters: vodka right out of the bottle
Ultramarines: martinis (proper ones with gin and vermouth, as the codex demands)
Death Guard: rubbing (isopropyl) alcohol
Thousand Sons: pousse café (shots with layers of different-color liqueurs)
Sons of Horus: Manhattans
Word Bearers: absinthe
Salamanders: snake blood+spirits? chilli pepper infused vodka?
Raven Guard: Kahlúa, darkest liqueur I can think of
Alpha Legion: Hypnotiq (blue girly crap)
>>
>>47981053
As a Kiwi, I'm not sure about straight horse cum, but I saw a stallion semen milkshake once
>>
>>47985216
like I said in the last thread you can't take ONLY the darkwing duck, its a dedicated transport only available to Mor Deythan.
>>
>>47986416
>The Darkwing Storm Eagle is a Fast attack choice for a Raven Guard space marine crusade legion and CAN be used as a transport
Why do you think i got a Dreadclaw?
I'm just using it as a flyer
>>
File: Hoplites.jpg (179 KB, 850x386) Image search: [Google]
Hoplites.jpg
179 KB, 850x386
>>47983250

Hoplites had painted shields. Individually freehanded shields would be baller as fuck, but you'd need mad painting skills and a shitload of time to devote to it.
>>
>>47986416
It's a separate choice and Mor Deythan may take it as a dedicated transport. With Coils, one could also take a SoH Anvillus Dreadclaw as an elite choice. You may try to prove me wrong, but you won't succeed as the rules are clear in that regard.
>>
Is there much info on what the Alpha Legion were like before Alpharius turned up? I know he was supposed to be one of the last primarchs found, and I'm curious what sort of identity they had for the early/mid-Crusade.
>>
>>47987013
Records are either sealed or non-existent. Read HH book 3 for more information.
"Alpharius" was the last primarch to be found some thirty years before the Heresy. Maybe it was some time before that but he chose to remain unknown up to that point.
>>
>>47987013
Some info from book 3 indicates they didn't really change. They were always sneaky counterinsurgency/espionage specialists
>>
TS player here, I think I finally have my legion concept nailed down. At least until inferno comes out and fucks it all up.

Thoughts? 1500 points, generic legion (Stubborn)

HQ
Centurion-Delegatus (125)
- Power weapon, Jetbike, Melta bombs

Centurion-Librarian (160)
- Mastery leve 2l, Force weapon, Jetbike

TROOPS
Tacticals x10 (185)
- Rhino

Tacticals x10 (185)
- Rhino

FAST ATTACK
Javelin Attack Speeder (80)
- TL cyclone missile, Hunter-Killer missile x1

Javelin Attack Speeder (80)
- TL cyclone missiles, Hunter-Killer missile x1

Skyhunter Jetbike Squadron x5 (205)

HEAVY SUPPORT
Dodorodeo (220)
- Aioli sauce missiles

Laser-Destroyer Vindicator (130)

Laser-Destroyer Vindicator (130)

Both Centurions join the Jetbike squad and go shooting. Most likely a power and force axe for both.
The Vindicators are there to sit back and pop armor and eventually any Sv 2 stuff. The Deredeo does the same and covers AA duty.
The Javelins outflank and unload S8 shots into the enemy's rear elements.
The tacticals scurry off to objectives and try to not to bring shame to their legion.

I kind of wish I could buy one extra jetbike and change the bolters to two volkite culverins, but I'm starved on points. Also too much anti armor? I could drop a vindi.
>>
>>47987477
You're about a month or two from getting rules, there's not much point in deciding on a list right now. What if your Legion rules and RoWs make half your list completely useless.
>>
>>47988213
Those are coming in October or November at the earliest. You might be thinking of the new Imperial Armour book.

Worst case I'll use the FA stuff for my second love, the White Scars, and repaint it.
>>
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-CA/blog/blog.jsp?_requestid=2198765
>>
>>47988712
Where are my loyalist dices?
>>
>>47988759
Loyalty is its own reward.
>>
>>47988759
You don't need them. Loyalty is its own reward
>>
>>47988808
>>47988834
Nearly a loyalty mind.
>>
Which Legion(s) utilizes multiple Rhinos and/or Drop Pods?
>>
>>47989269
UL and AL benefit from rhino's the most on the table and in fluff

SoH and NL are probs the best at drop-podding in with their special ROW but pretty much all traitors used drop-pods a lot if they were in the Drop Site Massacre
>>
>>47988712

>Those sexy upgrade kits

I need them now.
>>
>>47979519
Word Bearers/Lorgar: None, because they aren't disgusting degenerates and are pious in their rejection of shameful sin
>>
what question do you ask yourself in order to choose between reductor, cybernetica or taghmata?
>>
File: 1460278279249.gif (2 MB, 1722x1720) Image search: [Google]
1460278279249.gif
2 MB, 1722x1720
>>47989971

Do you want Scoria? Or do you not want Scoria?

Think carefully.
>>
>>47988712
>those skitarii upgrade kits

Holy shit, looks like I'm starting a mechanicum army. Didn't need to eat next month anyway.
>>
File: zheng vs columbus.jpg (112 KB, 640x544) Image search: [Google]
zheng vs columbus.jpg
112 KB, 640x544
>>47983291
>If it's not western history then it's not history
kek
What are strelets, sepoys, ghurkas, samurai, chu ko nu (which reminds me of the plasma repeaters)?
Those are chinese things...much like the powder that powered early guns desu.
>>
>>47989971
Do you prefer big guns, big robots or something in between?
>>
>>47990329
>replying to a 12 hour old post just to start an argument
>>
>>47990365
>what are timezones
>>
>>47978808
Hey guys, I have two questions:

1. Should I read Aurelian first on my WB list?

2.Could someone repost the link for Visions of Heresy 2 or tell me where I could find it? I missed that, sadly.
>>
>>47990570
>Aurelian
No

Arguable it's the First 3 HH book then go straight to First Heretic, then Aurelian for WB alone
>>
>>47986022
>Raven Guard: Kahlúa, darkest liqueur I can think of
Doesn't fit very well, maybe some dark rum instead.
>>
>>47981733
I plan on using the Dark Reaving, I just love that they reward you for taking cool units.

2 jump pack reaver squads will be accompanied by 20 despoilers in a Charybdis probably.

With a justaerin Squad with my Praetor, this should be enough bodies on the board.
>>
>>47990618
Read the first 3, will read the Hairy Dick then.

Thanks.
>>
>>47990378
>what is the point
>>
What's the most AWESOME fluff or waac army that doesn't revolve around drop-pods?
Either infiltrating or deepstrike/Teleporting, any ideas?
>>
>Paid 30 burgers for AL transfer sheet

I could have got a tactical squad off ebay for that much.
>>
>>47991187
It is a good pain though, hopefully.
>>
>>47991151
>waac army
>On /HHG/
You've gone and done it now.
>>
>>47991403
fucking summerfags man, I swear
>>
File: hhg goofy.png (2 MB, 1074x1107) Image search: [Google]
hhg goofy.png
2 MB, 1074x1107
>>
>>47979942
This explains a lot.
>>
Looking at the Bangels special rules it seems like a deviation from the norm as in the wargear is made to serve the rules, as opposed to vice versa or a combination.

What does everyone think of that?
>>
Is this goon meant to be a destroyer? I only say that because I notice FW gave him two bolt pistols and a chainsword. Either way it's a sexy model and exactly how I pictured Blackshields.
>>
>>47991618
Marauders can take an extra pistol.
>>
>>47991618
I assumed it was due to the bolt pistols being straight shite and more than likely scavenged, so a second one was needed because the first was probably going to break. While i'm no expert on Blackshields, most of their stuff is second hand or old if I recall.
>>
>>47991678
Oh shit I didn't know that, that's actually kind of cool, if you stay at close range 2 bolt pistols are actually better than a bolter or pariah bolter as you can make an organised charge after firing them

>>47991694
Now I'm imagining some sort of pirate blackshield that pulls out a different pistol every time instead of reloading
>>
>>47991761
Yarr, mateys!

We have come for your booty!

>Please, blakcshield..no!
>>
>>47986851
With the new skitarii spears I now have a source to give them some lances
>>
>>47991882
Did you miss the last thread? Fulgrim stole all the power lances, only the palantine rangers can take them now
>>
>>47991618
Blackshields!!! The +1S +1T -1'charge + Run and no sweeping advances is dope in my opinion.

Drop apothicaries in some Breachers, add your Dreadlord, kit him out to be durable first and foremost. GG
>>
>>47991823
>>47991761
ON an unrelated note Eldar corsair princes can get up to 7 pistols at once so why not
>>
>>47991965
Played with the idea of buying some too.

But I guess they are tainted by regular eldar cheese, are they not?
>>
>>47991944
My Blackshields are going to be remnants of the Thunder Warriors....
>>
>>47991618
Man, now I want to see some Carcharodons all painted up to look like their armor's all banged up and dingy like this and ran as Blackshields with 30k stuff.

That model just looks so good!
>>
>>47991987
If anything they're kind of cheesier. They have a lot of the stuff both eldar book have plus extra stuff
>>
>>47991618
Wait a minute, is that model wearing a huge mish-mash of armor marks?

>MkIII Breacher helmet
>Mk.VI and IV shoulders
>Mk.VI chestplate
>Mk.VI backpack
>MkVI and V legs

Might even have different arms too, though I'm not sure about that one.
>>
>>47992027

They aren't nearly as bad. The complete lack of wraith units plus no formations makes them pretty upper mid tier.
>>
>>47991998
I feel it does not due them justice.

Maybe do good ol grey word bears, go for the gal vorbak rite and do live scale marines as thunderwarriors with changed heads.

I never used greenstuff so I dont dare approach.

Just count them as Gal vorbak or milita ogryns, I feel that sounds more like the instable meat trucks they were described as.
>>
>>47990715
Personally I prefer Maloghurst. No MoS+3rd troop tax and scoring HQ with fearless buff.
>>
File: Old-School-Paint-Schemes.jpg (195 KB, 1022x338) Image search: [Google]
Old-School-Paint-Schemes.jpg
195 KB, 1022x338
>>47992046
Thats blackshields for you.

>>47992027
>>47992064
Hmm, I am getting mixed signals here.

I just like their old timey feeling and jet packs.
>>
>>47992098
I agree he is amazing, but I like my deepstriking Justaerins.

The rest is probably pretty negligible.
>>
>>47992027
Nah Corsairs only have scatter bikes to cheese, they're really just a better DE no wraiths and psykers are so horrifying risky to use you don't see them
>>
The hell, another Red Book is out? Jesus, it's not like that they give you free update if you have previous book or anything, right? Damn jews...
>>
>>47992101
>That's Blackshields for you
Man, that makes me want to do them as a little side project, just order a ton of different armor marks, and mix them all up together.

But I also want to do my Rust Marines project where I paint them up a copper color all around, and use Typhus Corrosion and Nihilakh Oxide on them to make them living statues. Dunno how I could pull that off fluff-wise, though.

And I have yet to start my WB army as well. Ugh.
>>
>>47992046
Looks like it's just plastic MKVIV with a Breacher head. It's super-easy to remove the shoulder trims on the Calth MKIV suits.
>>
>>47992046
The mishmash means it's Mk V, right? =^)
>>
>>47992473
Non production line MKV, yup.
>>
>>47992064
>>47992155
If I recall correctly, Corsairs get 0-1 of those wraithdudes that come in squads.
>>
File: WE_Destroyer2_Mk_IV.jpg (179 KB, 400x590) Image search: [Google]
WE_Destroyer2_Mk_IV.jpg
179 KB, 400x590
Speaking of destroyers, their models look cool as hell, whats the best way to equip them?
>>
>>47990715
What do despoiler squads do?
>>
>>47992728
I'd say always take the rad missile launcher if you can afford it, that way any marines hit with it will be ID'd on the charge in combination with rad grenades.

Jet packs are good, even better if you've got a squad of 10, same goes for meltabombs.

Also might be worth giving the sergeant some sort of power weapon that APs marines purely to make IDing them easier, especially worth it if you don't plan on taking the phosphex grenades.
>>
>>47992843
It's the name for Tactical marines equipped only with a chainsword and bolt pistol.
>>
When did 40k Jump-packs exist, If I were doing a BA list centered around the Siege of Terra would it be reasonable to use them instead of nicking a bunch of packs from my Sanguinary Guard
>>
>>47992928
That only works on multi wound units on a model by model basis. Rad-phage only works on models that have suffered an unsaved wound.
>>
>>47992928
>I'd say always take the rad missile launcher if you can afford it, that way any marines hit with it will be ID'd on the charge in combination with rad grenades.
Eh, Rad-Phage only affects *models* that take an unsaved wound. It's only effective against multi-wound models, and even then it's only going to affect one of them in the unit at a time (unless they're all characters that do LoS! silliness). Since only one model loses toughness (assuming he doesn't just die) majority toughness overrules it.

It's a cool idea but in practice the rule is nearly useless. It only really comes into play against solitary, multi-wound killing machines, and you still have to score an unsaved wound first. Ironically I think it's actually best against AdMech MCs - irony being that AdMech have by far the most i-rad weapons, and that the only thing that radiation guns are good against are pseudo-cybernetic automata.
>>
>>47992843
fail twelve crusades
>>
>>47993000
If you're stealing 40k bits, could you not use CSM raptor packs instead? They don't have much chaos-y stuff to cut off, I think.
>>
>>47993000
We don't know yet.

Personally, I just assume that the later-style jump packs came out with Mk VII tactical armor. Mk VII was available by the Siege of Terra.
>>
>>47993000
40k Jump packs were discovered after the heresy, after the imperium had lost the ability to make the old ones.

They're shittier than the old ones in that the only let you do massive jumps rather than actual flight with them but this doesn't actually translate over into the gameplay.

But they are your dudes so go ahead, just say they're a prototype or something.
>>
>>47992947
Sorry I haven't gone through all the books yet. Are they cheaper kr have special rules?
>>
In which camp does /HHG/ pitch it's tent regarding how the death fire rule for the blade of perdition work?

Personally I am of the belief that the wounds spill over. To me it seems an intentional callback to the old blood talon rules the furioso dreadnought had in 5th edition. As a rules justification it does not specify that the wounds don't spill over like D-weapons do, which suggests that it works more like MURDERFANG and Old One Eye.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>47993019
>>47993006
Oh shit, completely forgot about how rad-phage only affects you if you take an unsaved wound from it.
>>
Impulse bought 6 outriders because they look baller as fuck

Now....how do I go about equipping and using them properly? What is their best role?
>>
>>47993285
Load them up with meta and melta bombs and throw them into the nearest tank, biker Paragon Blade Praetors are pretty fun
>>
>>47993250
Nope, they're literally just tactical marines with a bolt pistol and a chain sword.

Some people argue they're better than taking a bolter, some people argue that they're shit, personally I think that tacticals are only good for holding objectives if they're in groups of less than 20, its a bit of a topic of debate.
>>
>>47993285
Well, I got 5 with melta bombs for some tank hunting, but then melta-bombs became one model only, so now they're just gathering dust.
>>
>>47993285
Which legion? What else do you take?
>>
Does anyone know if FW takes debit cards?
>>
>>47993576
yep
>>
>>47993617
Neat.

Now to fill my cart enough to get free shipping.
>>
>>47993631
Buying from the US? The GBP to USD exchange rate is still falling with a new low of 1.20 being forecast at this point. May want to wait a few days if you can stand it.

Brexit may be totally fucking the Brits but so far it's great for American 30k nerds!
>>
>>47992071
Yeah marines and thunder warriors aren't that huge. That is more like the Imperial Militia power armoured Ogryn. While truescale is cool marines aren't 10 feet tall.
>>
>>47993686
Damn. On Wednesday I'm heading to the land the intent forgot (TN) for a week, who knows what the prices will be like when I get back.
>>
>>47993686
>British economy rebounds thanks to nerds buying British crap
>>
>>47993791
Honestly? The way things are going it's only going to get more fucked up.
>>
>>47993723
Keep in mind that the Auxilary is poop-squatting and the marine is on a rocky base and the actual plastic base itself is higher up. That truescale is pretty accurate when you take those things into account.
>>
>>47993320
>>47993340
So melta bombs and general tank hunting? Could be fun with mutable tactics

>>47993351
I run a AL Pride list, with banestrike veterans and breachers. I thought they might make a good unit to grab some attention instead of my vets taking more hits, but ultimately I play rule of cool for my lists.
>>
>>47993900
Outriders are either meant for close combat (power weapons) or plasma gunnery - I think you should go for the former.
>>
>>47993900
A squad of 5 with Tl'd plasmas will delete pretty much anything, if you want something other than tank hunting.
>>
>>47994029
I don't really have much in the way of CC, that's what the breachers usually get in the way for if push comes to shove, but power weapons could be nice if a little pricey.

>>47994033
I imagine TL-Plasma is going to get focused on pretty quickly though, which is why i'm a little reluctant to put them like that.
>>
>>47994072
Flamers might be a good option, rerolling to wound is always nice and you can just assault whatever survives. Dont get meltaguns because Attack bikes are a better option for that.
>>
>>47993723
Well technically, the most common trait I find in novels, stories and such is the average man with his eyes barely coming up to the chest of a marine. So if anything that model is too small!
>>
>>47991618
That is one sexy paint job and model.
>>
does reading order matter on battle for the abyss and mechanicum?

I want to read the latter first.
>>
>>47994501
Read the latter first, and the former never.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.