[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Modern Gener
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
Magic: The Gathering Modern General
(competitive discussion)

>Playing?
>Brewing?
>Favorite deck?
>Your local Meta?
>Next MTG Purchase?

The updated Modern Metagame is below.
>>
File: Overall Modern Metagame.jpg (224 KB, 1230x919) Image search: [Google]
Overall Modern Metagame.jpg
224 KB, 1230x919
The overall Modern Metagame.

Information on Tiers and how they're calculated:
http://modernnexus.com/topdecks/

Direct link to the spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VwzQKE-QTxRqzZjZ2n0o1Cp80enNcYQACf3d7xlsVDc/pubhtml
>>
File: Paper Modern Metagame.jpg (141 KB, 1232x641) Image search: [Google]
Paper Modern Metagame.jpg
141 KB, 1232x641
The paper Modern Metagame.

Visit MTG Salvation for Deck Primers:
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern
>>
>>47971613
I know you think your OPs are fantastic, but here is some criticism.

I hate that image. Stick to 1 card at a time or else they will have horrible proportions this is especially ugly with a 5 cards picture.

These questions are bad. Nobody reads the replies and the replies are always shitposts. I can already feel the Spellweaver Helix guy come and waste a post. They're also always the same, so nothing new ever happens with them.

Also why do we really need 3 first posts? The first two are fine.
>>
File: Jeskai Kiki-Harbinger.jpg (156 KB, 780x778) Image search: [Google]
Jeskai Kiki-Harbinger.jpg
156 KB, 780x778
>>47971613

>Playing?
Jeskai Control, Grixis Control/Midrange, Kiki-Chord, Bant Company.
>Brewing?
Jeskai Kiki-Harbinger.
>Favorite deck?
The above 4 are extremely fun.
>Your local Meta?
Tier 1 minus Affinity, Tier 2 minus Merfolk and Ad Nauseam.
>Next MTG Purchase?
1 of the new Thalia for Kiki-Chord.
>>
Is there any chance of a piece of affinity getting banned soon?

I'm getting back to modern and I already have the moxes and glimmervoids, but I don't want to spend a lot of money on nothing.
>>
>>47971613
>Playin'
Not much, but playing Infect.
>Brewin'
Jund.
>Favorite deck
Birthing pod and ravnica/innistrad jund.
>Meta
Not really sure desu. It looked pretty diverse.
>Next purchase
The components for jund. I'm looking to sell a lot of my cards in order to buy the jund pieces, and would love some recommendations on how to do so. The sooner the better.
>>
>>47972577
If, big on the if, anything gets banned from affinity its going to be Plating, and that will make the deck slow to a crawl.
>>
>>47971613
>Playing?
Jund

>Brewing?
Jund

>Favorite deck?
Jund

>Your local Meta?
Lots of creature decks like Abzan Company, Mono Red Goblins and Elves, Tron, Scapeshift, lots of brews.

>Next MTG Purchase?
Thinking about building Merfolk or Eldrazi and Taxes.
>>
>>47972577
Affinity isn't dominant right now, so the deck is probably safe for the time being. If it were to get banned, the card on the chopping block would likely be Mox Opal or Cranial Plating.
>>
>>47971664
I bet you're the anon that started the shit modern general a few days ago with the le homemade cards meme in the op.
>>
>>47973092
Nah. Fan-made cards and counterfeits should not be in this thread at all. Truly the cancer of Modern General.

And last thread, the "fixed" one, was also bad. Don't use card artwork for OPs, for fuck's sake.
>>
File: Tarmogoyf%2B%255BMM2%255D[1].jpg (32 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Tarmogoyf%2B%255BMM2%255D[1].jpg
32 KB, 223x311
Why isn't BUG Delver a thing in Modern ?

It's fast, It has efficient creatures, it has disruption, it has counters, it has card draw, it has (a lot) of removal... What's not to like ?

More importantly, it's a thing in Legacy and 75% of the cards in it are Modern legal with easy replacements for the others.

So what prevents BUG Delver to be good in Modern ?
>>
>>47973247
Delver isn't that great in Modern. And Lightning Bolt is one hell of a card in Modern compared to Legacy, which makes Temur Delver and Grixis Delver better options.

You should test it before asking.
>>
>>47973295
>Testing

I don't plan on downloading Xmage just for that, besides, I'm asking purely out of curiosity, I'm hapy playing my Merfolk.

Disfigure hits most of the relevant creatures that Bolt hits and running Black gives access to Abrupt Decay and disruption that Temur can't have. Also gives access to a couple of Tasigur which are always nice.

Grixis is more like the aggro version of Delver where BUG should be the midrang-y one, but no-one plays BUG in Modern.
>>
>>47971664
I think he should use some of the prominent standard cards that could see play in modern instead. Aside from the ones that already do of course.
>>
>>47973472

The big problem is Delver variants just aren't good enough. It's not because Delver itself is bad, but without support from deck manipulation (Brainstorm, Ponder, Top) you have a really bad card. Couple that with deck building restrictions (about 15 or so creatures max, 18 or 19 lands to maximize spell density) and the metagame (every deck runs anywhere between 3 and like, 10 pieces of removal) and youre just not good enough to compete.

Now a BUG midrange deck might be able to work, but there's no way it could run delvers effectively.
>>
>>47973472
I fail to think of a card that rewards you for being in UG. BR gives you k-command, WB gives you Lingering Souls. There's nothing in modern right now that really pushes the UG color combination. Legacy BUG is a thing solely because of one card. Shardless Agent. If he was legal in modern then yea, BUG and even RUG would be a thing in modern. However, that's never gonna happen with Ancestral Visions in the format.
>>
Ignorant scrub here.

What the fuck is the infect deck? Is it just "cheat out blightsteel colossus in some way and swing for OHKO" or are you actually playing a bunch of creatures with infect and swinging to gradually kill with poison?
>>
>>47973815
It's the latter. However, you also play a lot of pump spells to get to 10 poison counters super quickly, so it's not a going wide, wears you down stradegy. You play a select few of the best infect creatures, quality over quanity.
>>
>>47973815
You play small creatures and a bunch of pump spells and protect your creatures with counter magic or protection spells. It's actually pretty fun to play.
>>
>>47973667
>>47973682

Well, here I am hoping for Wizard to print a good low cost card in Simic colors to make UG decks relevant again.
>>
>>47973815
>gradually kill

More like quickly kill. A perfect hand in UG infect wins on turn 2
>>
>>47973544
But that just lures scrubs who opened these cards in booster packs and want to know how to play it.
>>
>>47973472
Grixis is the midrange version. Rug is the aggro variant.

I play rug delver and while it does have bad matchups it's a decent deck. It's top 8'd several times and even won once or twice.

It's hell of a lot of fun to play. Super aggravating when delver just won't flip though. So many games I could have closed earlier if the fucker just bugged it up
>>
>Playing?
a very meta-tuned skred red
>Brewing?
I was working on a jank triskaidecaphobia build, but it was really, really bad
>Favorite deck?
Skred. Favorite "real" deck? UWR control
>Your local Meta?
Good match ups: UWR control, Grixis control, Jund, affinity
Bad match ups: Tron, Boggles, Merfolk
Oh shit nigger what are you doing: Mono Red Devotion
>Next MTG Purchase?
Commander cards probably. But for modern I need spellskites and ensnaring bridges
>>
>>47974125
I hate playing against merfolk with skred. On paper it looks like a matchup we should win but they always get out of hand and I rarely knock them back down
>>
File: hexproofunblock.png (4 MB, 1510x2212) Image search: [Google]
hexproofunblock.png
4 MB, 1510x2212
I want to make a UG deck that abuses the shit out of Hexproof and Unblockable creatures. Have the card pool (probably some bad cards in it, but wanted to group
everything)
I know Blighted Agent and Might of old Krosa are a must, no idea about the rest.
>>
>>47974401
Just make boggles or infect. Don't mash them together
>>
>>47974401
Seems like you either want to play Boggles or Infect
>>
>>47974250
I don't know your list but cards like boil and anger of the gods could do some serious work against merfolk. On a side note I too hate playing against merfolk. It's so janky, but occasionally when it works it's ridiculous.
>>
>>47974401
Just play Infect. The deck is hella fun.
>>
>>47973933
It would have to be a pretty good freaking card. Like, a cycle of enemy colored commands. I just want to play a grindy deck full of resource denial and tempo that isn't Jund.

We'll wait together.
>>
>>47974401
If you want to play with Blighted Agent in a UG shell then its best to do Infect and forget about creatures that already have hexproof.

If you want to play with Hexproof creatures then build Bogles, which runs a few hexproof creatures with a ton of enchantment auras in a GW shell.
>>
Does anyone else hate modal cards that let you pick multiple options?

They're too flexible and seem lazy to me, design wise
>>
>>47974125
My buddy plays skred. I've played against it so much I gotta pretty good idea of what works and what does not. What's your list like?
>>
>>47975592
>too flexible
That's literally the point of them. Also, why exactly is it lazy?
>>
>>47971613
>playing
NA
>brewing
NA
>Favorite deck
fuck magic
>your local meta
Drooling tards and netdecks
>next mtg purchase
fuck magic.

sold my 500$ collection for 150$ this friday.
"your getting majorly screwed selling your thoughtsieze set for XX"
"not really if i'm never going to play again..."

so fucking done with cardboard dragons, never again.
>>
>>47975592
Play burn and you'll realize just how dank Atarkas Command can be. For example you could pump your Swiftspears and trigger prowess. Or swing with a creature, deal 3 damage, play an additional land, and bolt your opponent. Or you could just stop them from gaining life. Those cards are dank as fuck
>>
>>47972577
it's been around for a long time, but twin was also around for a long time etc

its also not HUGE right now because jund is really good but its still good enough that you can slide past some MUs in tournaments

if they were to ban a card with the intention of killing the deck it would be cranial plating, if they wanted to make it significantly worse but still viable(? yeah probably not) they would hit mox opal
>>
>>47976022
Lmao you're bitter as fuck. But here's a (You)
>>
File: 1466286424961.jpg (47 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
1466286424961.jpg
47 KB, 375x523
>>47976022
Sounds like you've had some salty experiences anon? Tell us of your woes? Did you get stomped at your first FNM?
Also only $500 collection? Sounds like you barely got into the game before giving up.
>>
>>47976032
Those cards are fucking busted. RG for so much value that is useful in all situations? That's fucked up
>>
>>47976110
That's not busted anon. The word you're looking for is dank
>>
>>47976057
salty sure, but at least i don't own any fucking cardboard dragons anymore like some sort of autist.

>>47976073
Gave up when i realized any deck worth building needs cards that are minimum 30$ a piece and as much as 100-125$ a piece.

When I need to pay 400 for a playset of lili's and well over 500$ for a set of goyfs, before things like land bases and spellskites i say fuck that shit.
Not to mention foils and promo prices that are infinitely more expensive.

then in modern you are expected to win by turn 3-5 or your deck is complete trash? fuck that.

fuck this shitty game.
>>
File: 1461608693824.jpg (144 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
1461608693824.jpg
144 KB, 500x484
>>47974878
>a cycle of enemy colored commands

Please stop anon, I know they will never print those and it makes me too sad.
>>
File: 1453183413987.jpg (3 KB, 125x101) Image search: [Google]
1453183413987.jpg
3 KB, 125x101
>>47976248
Maybe you shoulda started off with some other deck before having an emotional breakdown about cardboard dragons on a Korean image board
>>
>>47976248
Try chinaman. You'll cut your deck price by about 70% percent.
>>
>>47976248
Grow up you fucking baby.
I'd rather keep cardboard dragons then whine on the Internet about a hobby that clearly isn't for me.
You sound like a real joy to hang out with you fucking sperg
>>
For those who are playing for a while; Is there a certain color you have avoided and deny to play until now (for a certain reason)?

I took me 10 years to touch a black themed deck. Never thought it would be so much fun to fuck up your life points/hand/deck/creatures for ULTIMATE POWER.
>>
>>47976378
I've always found white to be boring. Dat sideboard though
>>
>>47976362
>calls me sperg
>owns cardboard fucking dragons

fucking topkek.

I don't even know what to say to you my man,
I can't even make this shit up.
>>
>>47976433
so you actually never owned any cards and are just here to shitpost, got it
>>
>>47976248
So, you played a casual deck at a modern FNM, probably thinking that you would win easily, and lost to people playing the good decks whom were likely better regardless because they have more experience with the game?

This is the problem with people bragging about their bad meme decks, it makes new players think they can win with their casual decks.
>>
>>47976497
>>47976248
Also, for a more serious answer, there are plenty of decks that are playable in modern that are very budget.
>>
>>47976527
Not him but that's not really true. Not on paper at least. Maybe on MTGO because people tend to experiment more and play worse online but any LGS meta would crush budget decks even at FNM level.
>>
>>47976470
I no longer own cards because i sold them all.
>>
>>47976699
Whatever you say.
>>
So let's take the thread back.

>How did you get your start in Magic?
When I was a little kid I bought a few packs here and there cause the art looked cool. Ended up throwing them all out. Got into the game again around Theros block for real. My first deck was standard minotaurs, a few kitchen table decks, and eventually once I pulled and sold a few quality cards I made my first modern deck and have been playing competative ever since.
>>
>>47976298
Sadly I have to agree. Not gonna happen in EMN, not likely to happen in Kaladesh and AER... So maybe next year ? At best.
>>
>>47976378
I was that way for the longest time with blue. It wasn't until I played the new Eldrazi and made a BU ingest/process deck themed around Ulamog. I love that deck.

>OP
I'm thinking about getting some path of exiles for my BW shitbrew deck. Idk if the targetted removal is needed in the deck I'm running though.
>>
>>47976838
I found a deck at my lgs while playing tabletop. I just took it. Tron may be boring but it was free
>>
>>47976838
Found a few guys playing MTG and I asked about it, then slowly got into it.

Now playing casual because I'm too broke for literally anything.
>>
>>47976838

My father bought me the 1998 World Championship promo deck. GB became my favorite colors for a long time, just because reanimating Spike creatures with Recurring Nightmare was so kick ass. Still have those cards, too.
>>
>>47977360
You are a bad man!
>>
You seem to be playing colours that aren't red. I'm sure this is a mistake, I'll just help you with that.
>>
>>47977938
Are alters legal? I wouldn't mind getting something done but not if it makes them unplayable in sanctioned tournaments
>>
>>47976838
There was a small club where we played D&D and MtG and similar stuff, I used to go to. The guy who ran it had ton of the theme/event decks that he had spiced up with cards from booster packs. It was the perfect place to learn the game in a casual environment. I think it was around the time Lorwyn was released because I remember getting an elemenal theme deck when I started.
>>
>>47977938
It's ok, I'm not using any color anyway.
>>
>>47978094
Altered art is fine, but there's 3 things that must still be visible, those being 1) the card name, 2) the card's mana cost, and 3) the card's P/T if it's a creature.
>>
>>47976607
Stompy is a solid tier 2 deck that can be built for less than 50 bucks and is really good against several tier 1 decks.
>>
>>47971613
>Playing?
U?B controll
>Brewing?
izzit midrange controll
>Favorite deck?
bogles
>Your local Meta?
grixis, ONLY FUCKING GRIXIS
>Next MTG Purchase?
spellskite
>>
>>47979265
you should splash red for lightning bolt and kommand in UB control
>>
>>47979081

>every player who doesn't want to spend a gorillion dollars has to play the same boring deck
>>
>>47979861
The game costs money. Get over it.
Do you go into warhammer threads and bitch that you have to pay for the figurines too?
>>
>>47979818
im swaping all the b for r
>>
>>47976022
>sold my 500$ collection
Big deal. I have over 40 cards worth $500 or more.
>>
My friend and I are going to the Eldritch Moon pre-release, and since we don't really have a local game store we figured we'd go to Friday Night Magic as well. They are doing a Two Headed Giants Modern that night, something my friend and I never play.

Any deck building tips or anything? Or even just some good archetypes that work well together and are easy to build? I don't need to sweep all the games and dominate, but some wins would be nice.
>>
File: 1407867661143.jpg (204 KB, 700x705) Image search: [Google]
1407867661143.jpg
204 KB, 700x705
How do I meet a cute guy[/spoiler} to play magic with?
i thought i found one but it turns out he already has a boyfriend
>>
>>47981108
That's the problem, cute ones are taken more often than not. Unless they are some kind of crazy...
>>
>>47981142
what if i am a cute one and i just want to find a nice one?
>>
>>47981069
Two headed modern? That sounds like a blast.

So, normally, one person plays control, the other plays aggro, but the more I think about it, the more I think double Burn (you each only need to count to 15) or double Infect would be pretty hard to beat.

Burn+Affinity would work well together. Jund would be less good, probably, but might turn out to be a fine choice, regardless of what your partner is playing.

I'd stay away from Tron or Jeskai Nahiri.
>>
>>47980451
but then you don't get tasigur, terminate, or kommand
>>
>>47981293
ad nauseum + counterspells.dec
>>
>>47981275
have you tried straight up walking to them as go like "Nice sleeves, wanna make out?"
>>
>>47979861
Fuck off, there are plenty of cheep decks that are viable in modern

Soul Sisters (Also called Martyr Life if you're a faggot) is a very cheep deck. It only gets expnsive if you run Serra Ascendant or Flagstones of Trokair.

RG Stone Rain doesn't even cost $100 if you aren't running Fetches and shocks. (its about $250 with them)

U-Tron only runs 5 cards that cost more than $10 (Academy Ruins - $25, Oboro Palace in the Clouds - $20, Oblivion Stone - $28, and two Wurmcoil Engines -$17 each) Oboro is completely optional and only exists to dodge Choke and occasionally filter colourless mana into blue mana. O-Stone? Cyclonic Rift is an acceptable alternative. Wurmcoils can also be swapped out for other options but its better if you don't. ($34 isn't a lot anyways come on goy.)

Taking turns is cheep-ish, The time warp cards all cost about $10 each, and that makes up the majority of the deck's cost. Only other expensive card in the deck is Cryptic Command and you can trade that for Sleep (Cryptic is better though) Soe people will tell you to play Ancestral Visions, but you don't really need to.

Burn and Mono Green Elves cost between $500 and $600 Depends on how many fetch you play. (Yes these count as budget. Food banks exist, even a wageslave like me can afford these after a couple of weeks despite living in fucking canada where a dollar is only worth 70 cents.)

Magic costs money to play, how fucking awful I know, but its not like every deck requires a playset of Lillys and Goyfs
>>
>>47981448
>Soul Sisters
Last week I lost to RG Tron with Bant Eldrazi, but I found solace in the Tron player losing to Soul Sisters. I thought that matchup was unwinnable for Soul Sisters.
>>
>>47981448
Molten Vortex and Life from the Loam are a powerful and fairly cheap combo. I play it in a smallpox deck that's a bit expensive, but a person could play it in a red green deck with some walls and burn spells for cheap.
>>
>>47981108
If you make a cute trap Chandra then I'm game.
>>
I can't justify buying 4 Path to Exiles for casual/fnm level play, are there any similar cards I can get which have a similar effect?
>>
>>47981918
Maybe try pascify? I mean it's pretty shit but there's a reason Paths are that expensive.
>>
>>47981918
Just do it. There's not any modern legal replacement. It's not like they're super expensive.
>>
>>47981918
Paths are only like ten bucks each. That's cheap as fuck. Just put it on a credit card. Or just don't play magic if you're not willing to buy good cards. Call us when you're buying cards for 50+ a piece
>>
>>47981918
Dispatch is a strictly better Path if you have 3 or more artifacts out.
>>
>>47981998
I like the game, but not everyone is as willing to drop 40 bucks on a few pieces of cardboard to win. Especially since I'm not doing anything above casual play, what's the point of dropping my money on something I'll use only for friendly games?
>>
>>47982149
Then why bother posting here in the first place? If you're not willing to spend a little money on a hobby, maybe you should rethink your choice of activities.

40$ is less than half a day's work, and you can find them cheaper than that, too.
>>
>>47981900
what happens if they get mad
ill try it next fnm
>>
>>47982208
I do spend money on hobbies; other ones, at that.

MTG isn't my only hobby. I put lots of money into other shit as well. Since MTG is not one of my primary hobbies, I don't feel like putting much money into it is worth it.

Since I play mostly with friends or at local events, I see little reason to spend more than I have to on cards. You might be thinking >poorfag but I just don't feel content with buying cardboard that I won't use very often.

I think MTG is a fun game, and I like to play it, but you'd be surprised to hear that not everyone wishes to spend an autistic amount of money making tournament-tier decks.
>>
>>47982208
>40$ is less than half a day's work, and you can find them cheaper than that, too.
And food is a daily expense, and rent/loan/mortgage on a house is not fucking cheap at all. Unless you have a very fucking cushy job in a place with very little rent you don't have the money to pay for 40 bucks worth of cardboard. I was into MTG and the amount of rich fucks or people who still live with their parents was astoundingly high.
>>
>>47982292
Look, I'm not saying you're poor, or whatever, but you ask in a thread dedicated to competitive modern discussion and ask for advice. Pte is pretty cheap for a staple card and outclasses almost everything you can compare it to. If you don't want to shell out a little cash, fine, don't get them and find a replacement.
>>
>>47982395
Yeah of course I know PtE is great, I use it online all the time. I'm just curious if there were any alternatives in print that weren't chinaman fakes. I like to save money where I can.
>>
>>47981900
i could, i would need money for the suit though
>>
>>47982292
>>47982340
Get a load of the poorfags in this thread
>>
>>47981293
Ad nauseam + control deck would be the best deck in that format. The control deck wouldn't even need a win condition.
>>
>>47982431
Swords to plowshares
>>
>>47982446
You totally should, it's too bad I'm sure you're nowhere near me.
>>
>>47982431
Honestly the best time to buy your cards is yesterday. They're only gonna go up. Buy them now, put em on a credit card or something where you don't need to pay right away. Then when they go up in value, sell them and make a profit. I just bought 4 lands for 200 bucks but I'm just gonna slap 100 on that credit card this pay day and another hundred next pay day. It's not hard to budget
>>
>>47982465
Legacy...?
>>47982447
Here's your (You)
>>
>>47982467
where you live?
i use to be really overweight but now im on the last leg, not trap status yet, but the trap diet has hellped, id say in a few months trap chandra would be feasible
>>
>>47982518
Thank you senpai
>>
>>47982537
No, thank (You) senpai.
>>
>>47982521
Central NY, going to SCG Syracuse in a couple months.
>>
>>47982638
danm im in california q.q
any other 559s on modern genral?
>>
>>47982696
rochester here
>>
File: oh_you_by_doom1272-d31mb3c.jpg (193 KB, 800x599) Image search: [Google]
oh_you_by_doom1272-d31mb3c.jpg
193 KB, 800x599
>>47982565
Oh (You)
>>
File: 1465530349962.png (319 KB, 315x448) Image search: [Google]
1465530349962.png
319 KB, 315x448
I have no idea what to play guise. Im a poor college student that really wants to play modern. Id like to play coco. Should I just run Melira???
>>
>>47983057
>rochester
Another NYfag?

Wait, are you bubbles?
>>
>>47976994
Here's my shit brew. It's a skeleton[\spoiler] tribal. I'm still figuring out how to make it function best. This deck focuses more on flavor than results. But I always get good reactions out of people who play against it.
>>
File: 20160626_175510.jpg (5 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160626_175510.jpg
5 MB, 5312x2988
>>47983698
Fuck.
>>
File: thalia.jpg (683 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
thalia.jpg
683 KB, 1280x960
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/death-taxes-modern-edition/

memes!
>>
File: SCG Dallas.jpg (85 KB, 933x672) Image search: [Google]
SCG Dallas.jpg
85 KB, 933x672
The SCG Dallas event concluded a few hours ago, here are the Top 8.
>>
>>47984169
That's pretty cool. Modern is getting pretty diverse
>>
>>47971613
>Playing?
RG TitanShift and Ad Nauseam
>Brewing?
I don't brew because I don't have the income to buy cards I want to lose with.
>Favorite deck?
I gotta say I'm a sucker for Jund. The deck is just so good and streamlined.
>Your local Meta?
Affinity, Burn, RG Titan, Tron, Grixis. A lot of everything, a lot of players have multiple decks.
>Next MTG Purchase?
Noble Hierarchs for Bant Eldrazi
>>
Why do people say burn is Tier 1 when it never wins anything?
>>
>>47974250
On paper it looks like skred runs volcanic fallout and anger of the gods. You were always gonna get rekt little nigga.
>>
>>47981918
Condemn is the only thing that is even close
>>
>>47984287
And yet much less fun to play.
>>
>>47984475
See >>47971623
>Information on Tiers and how they're calculated:
>http://modernnexus.com/topdecks/

TL;DR they are usage-based.
>>
http://www.magicspoiler.com/mtg-spoiler/midnight-scavengers/
http://www.magicspoiler.com/mtg-spoiler/graf-rats/

I don't think I like the idea of this.
>>
>>47982696
Get out of my state you fucking degenerate.
>>
>>47984980
>Fuse
Interesting. Scary
>>
>>47971613
>MTG Modern Gener
>>
File: detroit.jpg (26 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
detroit.jpg
26 KB, 612x612
>>47985391
california is degenceracy: the state

why not just leave? you have no water, the whole state is engulfed in flames half the year and you're constantly at risk of just falling into the sea if the san andreas goes apocalypse-mode.

come to michigan. we have water*! nothing is on fire**! guns, too***!

*Experience may vary with proximity to Flint, MI.
**Experience may vary with proximity to Detroit, MI.
***Experience may vary drastically with proximity to Saginaw, MI.
>>
>>47983698
>>47983719
You seem to have confused this for the /casual/ general, although could probably make something happen with those Lilis
>>
>>47981918
>casual/fnm level play
For kitchen table there's Swords to Plowshares. A playset is around $10. Ultra casual but modern legal there's shit like Condemn, Dispatch and Smite.
But really, just drop the 40. You'll want them for almost every modern deck with white that you ever make.
>>
>>47985391
dont be a bully
>>
>>47983374
Melira Chord or Abzan CoCo or whatever you want to call it. It's a fun deck to play and it's also pretty food.

If you just want land a value coco you could try something dank like bant company instead.
>>
>>47971623
What made infect tier 1?

What's the list? I've literally got 4 of every infect card ever printed I'm ready to be meta.
>>
>>47987697
a 13 year old faggot played it at a GP recently.

yes seriously.
>>
File: Bloodghast+%5BZEN%5D.jpg (32 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Bloodghast+%5BZEN%5D.jpg
32 KB, 223x310
Is this Dredge deck a good investment?
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-dredge-26210#online
I see two different versions, one with typical fetches and one without. This one is obviously cheaper at around 300 bucks.

I'm building a Pauper box with a lot of decks, but will sell them all if this deck is A tier and can do well competitively. It's by far the cheapest deck listed in the top meta of Modern.
>>
Any other based mono blue tron players in here?
Looking for advice, started playing it a couple weeks ago and absolutely fell in love, more than any other modern deck ive tried

running a pretty standard list, been testing and thinking about more oblivion stones and gitaxian probes http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/trun-3/
>>
>>47988585
Decks aren't investments. You are simply paying for a game.
>>
File: 1467039250517[1].png (193 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
1467039250517[1].png
193 KB, 265x370
So, out of the hot garbage the first SOI spoilers revealed, this card doesn't seems all that bad.

Thoughts ? Maybe it could act as a Nacatl in an aggressive UG shell that can fill the graveyard quickly.

What do you think ?
>>
>>47988919
Why not run RG Tron which is objectively better ?
>>
>>47989868
Probably not good enough in an aggressive creature deck for modern. Nacatl is much easier to get to a 3/3 and once you get the four different card types, you might as well be running Tarmogoyf (which would be a 4/5 for one extra mana).
>>
>>47988490
The 13-year old I think you're talking about was playing Affinity, they lost the GP final to Merfolk. There was a 16 year old that one a legacy GP the other week with Infect.
>>
>>47989883
because its a radically different playstyle that i dont enjoy as much
>>
>>47989916
This of course wants to be played alongside Tarmogoyf since they benefit from the same effects pretty much.

I was thinking maybe this pushes Temur Zoo to be a thing with Thoughtscour as a way to fill the yard quick. Or maybe Temur Delver. It also have deathtouch which requires your opponent to bolt it if he wants to pass throught and dissuades him to block it which is pretty nice.

I like the card anyway and will try it out in various builds.
>>
>>47989868
Threshold deck in modern when
>>
>>47971664
>A U T I S M
>U
>T
>I
<S
>m
>>
>>47984828
What would fix that? It's a competitive format, competitive formats tend to not care of people find them fun or not.
>>
>>47984169
>Grixis Delver 1st ?

Is the deck actually good or is just variance ?

Seems to be a lot of fun to play but the fact that it's bottom T3 always made me hesitate to pick it up.
>>
>>47990439
Rug is more fun. Grixis plays now like midrange and fuck that archetype
>>
>>47989940
>affinity losing to merfolk
How? Isn't that supposed to be a 85-15 matchup in affinities favor?
>>
File: Hurkyl's Recall.png (131 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Hurkyl's Recall.png
131 KB, 223x311
>>47991161
Affinity beats Merfolk, but loses to Sideboard.
>>
>>47991161
Really fucking perfect draws for the merfolk guy multiple turns in a row both games.
>>
>>47988585
It looks fun and fast, but it will fold to gy hate, so i would have another deck to use when your meta adjusts to the deck.
>>
>>47990353
>what is legacy before eldrazi
>what is draft
>>
>>47983719
why would you run 3 paragons before the 4th baron?
>>
>>47991949
>draft
Mediocre experience imo. Underpowered as hell and most sets are too basic in card complexity to be fun
>legacy
Rose tinted glasses? Legacy is fun because it's an increased powerless but it's very much a blue format which wizards is not letting modern get to.
Also you're not answering how to make modern better, unless you're complaining for the sake of complaining
>>
>>47990353
too much cheap removal. as long as you have to worry about your opponent consistently killing your creatures with 1-2 CMC spells the only creatures that are viable to play are those that cost 1-2 mana and can get some sort of value the instant you play them or give extremely strong consistent value like Bob

like how the new thalia is extremely interesting and has a strong effect but because it costs 3 mana and has a toughness of 2 it is unplayable
>>
>>47971685
I own all the cards in your mainboard other than 6 lands, is it fun anon?
>>
>>47992926
either that, or the decks need to be uninteractive in the sense that they either do not interact with their opponent (scapeshift) or use spells that the opponent cannot interact with like counters in a matchup with only one player using U or abrupt decay against a deck with U

too much of modern is focused on making sure your opponent cannot respond to what you do which makes for a very stale format
>>
>>47992926
Lmao. Creature baby doesn't want his shit killed. Get the fuck out, I'm dying
>>
>>47985524
>Why not just leave?
The weed dude, that's why
>>
>>47993003
>too much of modern is focused on making sure your opponent cannot respond to what you do which makes for a very stale format
Literally the top 2 decks in the format are the lynchpins of interaction in the format. An additional half of the format is creature zerg decks, which run zero disruption.

>>47992926
>too much cheap removal. as long as you have to worry about your opponent consistently killing your creatures

Ok, so you just don't understand why Lightning Bolt is dominant. (Hint: look at Legacy where Bolt is an x-factor not a staple.)

>the only creatures that are viable to play are those that cost 1-2 mana and can get some sort of value the instant you play them or give extremely strong consistent value like Bob
So in a format where you have access to a massive card pool, only the best creatures and spells see play? I wonder why that is...

Like honestly, what would you "Ban Bolt" shitters even play that you couldn't already? Modern is already Creatures: the Tappening.
>>
Help me /tg/, I want to get into Modern but I don't know what deck to pick.

I like disruption and removal but I also like to put pressure on my opponent. Jund or Junk would have been a natural fit but after spectating a few games of these decks I find them rather boring.

Are there any other competitive decks than these two that fit the same description ?
>>
>>47976248

I don't play much modern, but as far as I know it's pretty easy to build a tier 2 deck for under 100$.

Sure, you're not gonna win a PT with it and your win % against tier 1 decks may not excel 40%. So what? You built a deck for under 100$ and you're beating guys that spent over 1000$ on their decks. Ain't that fun enough?

For example, I have a friend that plays 8 Rack (No lilis, obviously) to great success against certain tier 1 decks. Mostly the more reactive ones and tron.
>>
>>47993370
>Literally the top 2 decks in the format are the lynchpins of interaction in the format. An additional half of the format is creature zerg decks, which run zero disruption.
There's a reason why Abrupt decay is so good compared to the other available 2cmc kill spells. Not being able to be countered is amazing because it prevents jeskai from being able to interact with it. The hand disruption spells attempt early on to knock out key parts of an opponent's strategy before they can use them to interact with the board

>Ok, so you just don't understand why Lightning Bolt is dominant. (Hint: look at Legacy where Bolt is an x-factor not a staple.)
I'm not even talking about bolt in particular. Bolt is one of the more obvious offenders but there's a whole list:
>bolt
>abrupt decay
>dismember
>lightning helix
>mana leak
>remand
>terminate
>spell snare
>remand
>path to exile
etc

The dominance of these cards just leads to a smaller playable pool. it's just boring how the vast majority of cards are unplayable in modern just because they cost more than 2 mana and don't instantly win the game upon hitting the field (exaggeration, but it holds mostly true unless you're cheating them out or are playing tron)

I play mono black vampires to a sizeable degree of success in my town. The only removal that bothers me is PtE. It's just a little disparaging to watch magic be as sterile and boring as it is now
>>
>>47993886
If you're attacking with creatures, you aren't playing Magic.
>>
>>47993921
if you're playing permission, burn, or combo, you aren't playing magic
>>
>>47993982
Incorrect. Magic is a game about being a spellcaster. Summoning creatures is a type of spellcasting. Telling those summoned creatures to smash into each other is not spellcasting. Casting Bob and getting more spells to cast is Magic. Attacking with Bob is not Magic.
>>
>>47994002
Garfield himself said that his vision for magic was creature based. sounds like someone misinterpreted the core of what the game really is
>>
>>47993886
>it's just boring how the vast majority of cards are unplayable in modern just because they cost more than 2 mana and don't instantly win the game upon hitting the field

Look at the tier list here. >>47971623

How many creatures under 4cmc in these decks die to Bolt?

About 90% of them

Look at Legacy, cheap ezpz removal wouldn't be so prevalent if cheap ezpz to remove creatures weren't the entire fucking format
>>
>>47993982
If you complain about decks, you aren't playing magic.
>>
>>47994035
He's actually said quite the opposite, although done of what he's said could be taken out of context to be taken as that.
>>
File: 1456752301863.jpg (353 KB, 1104x1600) Image search: [Google]
1456752301863.jpg
353 KB, 1104x1600
>>47994035
>authorial intent matters more than the definitions of words

Sure bud, keep imagining gay Dumbledore.
>>
>>47994220
Source?
>>
>>47994226
>What's my secret?
>Excerpt from Finnegan's Wake.

I laughed way more than I should have.
>>
>>47993623
how about: death and taxes, grixis delver, merfolk, faeries, assault loam

>>47993715
>tier 2 deck for under 100$.
???
The cheapest tier 2 deck is ad nauseam, which is almost 500 dollars
>>
>>47994849
this ones like 2.5 and its pretty cheep
2x Izzet Charm
4x Lightning Bolt
2x Magma Jet
3x Mana Leak
3x Remand
4x Delver of Secrets Flip
2x Monastery Swiftspear
4x Thing in the Ice Flip
4x Young Pyromancer
2x Evolving Wilds
5x Island
5x Mountain
4x Shivan Reef
4x Wandering Fumarole
4x Gitaxian Probe
4x Serum Visions
4x Sleight of Hand

and later add in
?x Blood Moon
?x Chandra, Flamecaller
?x Snapcaster Mage
?x Spellskite
?x Sulfur Falls
?x Vendilion Clique
>>
>>47994849
Of all of them, Grixis Delvers seems the more fun to me.

Is it good tho ? It's T3 online and doesn't even appear on the paper tier list.
>>
File: nowthatstopnotch.png (353 KB, 400x573) Image search: [Google]
nowthatstopnotch.png
353 KB, 400x573
Would a card like this fix modern?

:^)
>>
>>47995018
idk if grixis delver is "good" but like anons were saying earlier midrange/control style is probably better because it's more resilient.
I feel like grixis is versatile because it has the ability to grind pretty well but you can also go fast with tasigur and snapcaster-bolts. Also the colors give you a lot of card options depending on the meta
>>
>>47995018
These days people are building Control that can basically use the sideboard to transform into Delver by siding out AVs, so it's become the best of both worlds. Personally, I've found Delver more fun
>>
File: 1449751940681.jpg (56 KB, 382x358) Image search: [Google]
1449751940681.jpg
56 KB, 382x358
>>47993715
>I know it's pretty easy to build a tier 2 deck for under 100$.
This is just straight up wrong my man.
>>
>>47984169
So with Jeskai being Blue, putting multiple decks in Top 8s, and being the second most played deck in paper, when can we expect another "diversity ban?"
>>
>>47996375
The next ban will be Inkmoth Nexus though
>>
>>47996424
You're silly. It will either be Ancient Stirrings or Mox Opal once Kaladesh, the artifact block, releases.
>>
>>47997171
>Implying anything not Green or White will ever be good in Standard again

Even though Wizards refuses to learn from things that fuck up format health, but will absolutely double down on preventing anything that fucks up their precious Standard format for the kids.

Just look at the state of the two "Return to the highest powered, best recieved blocks." They took the blocks that gave us Snap, Lili, and Caw Blade, and turned them into G/W_Creature.format
>>
Any mardu bro's around?
I'm brewing token mardu and it has been working so well I'm wondering why nobody plays it.
>>
>>47997696
>inb4 no abrupt decay
>>
>>47997794
being able to run lingering and bolt in the same deck makes up for the decay tbqh
>>
>>47993886
You're argument is shit. Like what are you suggesting that we just ban removal and counterspells? How would that help anyone? The format would literally be all infect all the time. Your tier 99 vampires deck would still lose in any competitive field.
>>
>>47995018
Grixis delver is T3 as in nobody plays it. If we're talking power level it can compete with t1/t2 decks.
http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=12423&d=271458&f=MO
>>
>>47993623
>I like disruption and removal but I also like to put pressure on my opponent.
Do you find winning fun? Play Jund, Coco or Abzhan liege.
Do you find playing janky T3 decks fun? Play whatever he is suggesting >>47994849
>>
>>47995015

Don't listen to that guy that deck is fucking horrible. U/R delver requires at least 1000$ to build correctly and even then it's tier 3.
>>
>>47998199
>retards will never stop trying to make delver work in modern
>>
>>47998228
>Guise, Mentor just needs one good cantrip to be viable in Modern. This next block will have it, I swear! Yeah Wizards wrote an entire article about how cantrips and card filtering was a mistake and a broken concept, but srsly they're gonna print one!
>>
>>47998299
>cantrips and card filtering was a mistake
What the fuck? This angers me
>>
Haven't played Modern since just after the release of Gatewatch. Has the meta shifted much or is it still stagnant?
>>
>>47998965
well it's mostly the same but we now also have overpowered eldrazi and nahiri control
>>
>>47998965
It's literally exactly the same shit as before except now Jund and Nahiri act as the "dominant" decks above the 100 flavors of aggro. Such diversity.
>>
>>47998592
Site is kill, but heres a cache

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:VKJdJa2U87cJ:magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/latest-developments/development-risks-modern-2015-05-22+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari

>That's not to say we don't like consistency, it's one of the reasons we put so many dual lands in our sets, but there should be a reasonable tradeoff for consistency.

>The scry lands, for instance, are one of my favorite land cycles we ever printed. While some players panned them initially, claiming they were way too weak, I think time has shown just how powerful card filtering is when it's not taking up a spell slot in your deck.

Sam Stoddard really needs to get his head out of his ass.
>>
>>47999277
This was also his famous "we don't test for Modern because we spend sooooo much time testing for Standard and Limited and I barely have the endurance to walk up a flight of stairs FFS guys"
>>
>>47998228
>>47998299
>delver deck takes another tournament
>lol doesn't work retards!
K
>>
>>47999228
You'll never be happy with modern. Just admit it. You'll bitch no matter what.
>>
>>47999228
jund and wur control were always there tho
>>
>>47997171
>implying wizards even gives a shit about modern anymore
>>
>>47999635
They do. Modern and standard is all they've got.
>>
Sup guys, newbie here, got a question about a deck I'm building:

So i just started playing Magic and I built a Hardened Scales deck (basically the same as the one here, except without the planeswalkers or manabase because i'm on a budget: http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/deck-of-the-day-hardened-scales/)

However when I showed up to my local FNM, I found out Hardened Scales was no longer Standard.

Whatever, fuck standard i guess

So, How do I change the deck to make it competitively viable for the Modern format? I was thinking changing it to mono-green and throwing in Kalonian Hydra, Primordial Hydra and ramping with Arbor Elf and Overgrowth. Basically the strategy of the deck is to ramp up the 1/1 counters on the hydras and snowball them to ridiculous power after a turn or two... Does this seem like a good idea? Any recommendations related to the deck or the modern format?
>>
>>48000873
and by "competitively viable" i don't mean that i plan on placing at a GP or something, i just don't wanna go 0-2 at locals
>>
>>47999483
Go ahead and play it in a GP field, you'll understand why it doesn't work overall. Can it win? Sure, but will it win consistently? No.
>>
>>48000873
not sure how to help with standard in the future, http://whatsinstandard.com/ exists. The rotation is going through a rough patch because of a switch over in how it works, so try not to get discouraged.
>>
>>47999558
>jund and wur control were always there tho
Yeah, but now they're the top "decks to beat"

>>47999522
>You'll never be happy with modern. Just admit it. You'll bitch no matter what.
I play BGx, so Ive actually enjoyed Modern, and I love beating linear aggro routinely.

What I don't like is linear decks being literally all I play against, and having no real interesting decks to branch out into besides Nahiri.

It's also really shitty waiting for the impending ban once either Jund or Jeskai hits some arbitrary % played on MODO, or puts 1 too many decks in the Top 8 of a tournament.

Playing and enjoying a format is not mutually exclusive with being worried about it's health.
>>
>>48001050

no, i wanna shift the deck, or the strategy of the deck, with the cards i have, into modern. basically green 1/1 counters that snowballs fast. can i make a decent deck out of this?
>>
>>48001176
fuck standard homie
>>
>>48001176
if you want to play a janky deck on a budget you don't even need to convert it into anything, just play it as is.

if you want a competitively viable BWx deck abandon the counters idea and forget about the budget.
>>
>>48001379

it's almost like you're being thick on purpose.......

i KNOW i could easily play the deck as is or switch to some other entirely different thing to be more competitive. i KNOW i'm not playing a top tier deck. i'm not trying to go professional. i just want a fun deck that doesn't get destroyed by everything under the sun at my LGS and because i'm inexperienced with the format and with magic in general, i'm asking for tips on how the deck i already have might be tweaked in order to better suit modern
>>
>>48001099
I doubt that with jund nor nahiri will get banned besides those decks there is nothing but combo and aggro.
>>
>>47976838
When I was in 4th grade, for whatever reason, half the boys in my class played magic, so I joined in with them. I've been playing off and on for 15 years now, but I've never gone above a kitchen table level. I've never gone to an lgs to play or a Friday night magic event either. I'll never forget how jelly I was of the kid with a Sol'kanar the swamp king and the other kid with a Volcanic Dragon. I thought I was hot shit with my Lord of Tesserhorn and Dromar cards. Kek, those were good times.
>>
File: 1446794958718.jpg (165 KB, 439x550) Image search: [Google]
1446794958718.jpg
165 KB, 439x550
>>48000998
>winning an entire long tournament against high level decks with great pilots
>it's not consistent though
>>
File: 896789678578678678967.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
896789678578678678967.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
>>47997696
Do you use this for your decks commander?
>>
>>47983698
for maximum effectiveness when you play death baron you play spooky scary skeletons on your phone.
>>
>>47971613
>>Playing?
U tron
>>Brewing?
Demonic inquisition
Still refining tron
Want to build tezzerator
>>Favorite deck?
U tron or Tezzerator though I havent built the latter
>>Your local Meta?
50% infect
40% RG tron or jund
10% other decks
There are about 100 players so this was easy to calc last friday.
>>Next purchase
Duel decks nissa v nixilis
Spellskites.

Ok since jund uses bob for draw engine, and I don't have much to combat jund other than slowly getting huge creatures or countering their shit, would it be worth it to put up blockers/removal to stave off their threats and counter whatever bolt they use to kill off bob until they deck out or bob kills them?
>>
Hey guys, desolator magic here :^)

I'm going to shill my yt channel here.
Don't say things I dislike, or i'll disable comments in this thread :^)

not really desolator, he's a faggot
>>
>>48001684
>I just want a fun deck that doesn't get destroyed by everything under the sun at my LGS

That's what were saying, your skelebrew will get shit rekt.
>>
>>48002043
>1 single deck in the top 32
>Consistent
Who gives a shit if he got 1st or 32nd with it? A deck's consistency is determined by the number of pilots place with it, and the number of times it shows up. Having A good streak with A skilled pilot does not a consistent deck make.

Thats why people call Jund consistent, there are 7 Jund pilots in the top 32.
>>
>>47976248
>didn't even look into the projected cost of getting into the hobby he wanted

Well that's why you fucked up you autistic nigger. Next time research the shit you're going to sink your money and time into.
>>
>>48000987
it's a pretty bad idea to build a deck around a card that gets weaker the later it's played and which you may never see because you have no draw, but if you're set on hardened scales, load up on decent creatures that interact with it.
examples:
experiment one
young wolf
strangleroot geist
scavenging ooze
predator ooze

This will lead you to a less consistent monogreen stompy deck
last tip: run 4 vines of vastwood

>>48003330
>Demonic inquisition
say what
>>
>>48003854
A demon "tribal", but I want inquisition to be a key card.
>inb4 demons suck in modern
It's for casual days.
>>
>>47993151
And he calls the trap a degenerate, lol
>>
>>48003688
I doubt a great number of people played that version of Grixis

On the flip side I bet a large number of people brought Jund to the tournament so it's kind of obvious a lot of Jund would land in the top 8

Still doesn't make the deck inconsistent
>>
File: 1456187432640.gif (645 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
1456187432640.gif
645 KB, 500x300
>Playing?
Mono Green Elves w/ Razorverge Thickets for that sweet sideboard and Jund Burn
>Brewing?
Mardu Control and Modern Memeotaur Tribal
>Favorite deck?
Elves
>Your local Meta?
Mostly burn. Some autist who brings a new expensive deck every FNM. Some mardu. Some shitbrews. A few blue players. Used to have some autist we nicknamed Kamigawa for whatever reason, he played Whales vs Scuba divers or some stupid shit.
>Next MTG Purchase?
Minotaur Tribal jank for literal pennies. Maybe some Bobs
>>
>>48003908
the phrase makes me think there really should be a demon with a TKS effect.
>>
>>48004437
Tks?
Also, I'm wanting to go grixis, and make the deck beat tier 2 or 3.
>>
>>47976298
I'd be happy with any enemy color dragons in magic.
>>
>>48003461
But desolator sets bulk foils on fire, thats the youtube content magic fans need
>>
>>48004189
Why would you not splash black? Shaman of the Pack is one of the best cards in the deck.
>>
>>47995948
Step one: Save hundreds by selecting a monocolor deck (with possible splash color)
Step Two: Save hundreds by not choosing blue to be that color

Tier 2 monocolor decks under $100 include mono-red burn
>b-b-but goblin guide playset is over $120!
If you didn't buy into them when they were cheap, you're a moron. Anyone with half a brain could tell they weren't getting a reprint in MM2015
>>
>>48004852
Well if we let tier 2 mean just literally any modern legal deck then I can make one for 10$ easy.

>If you didn't buy into them when they were cheap, you're a moron. Anyone with half a brain could tell they weren't getting a reprint in MM2015
So this means that Jund now costs 0$ because of course I already got all the cards so we don't have to count those in? You're not making any sense.
>>
>>47999228
And Legacy is just Miracles, Delver , Storm and Sneak Show. Your point?
>>
>>48004481
thought-knot seer
>>
File: image:105360.jpg (68 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image:105360.jpg
68 KB, 312x445
Budget Nahiri?
>>
File: image:105361.jpg (70 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image:105361.jpg
70 KB, 312x445
Nahiri the Rummager
>>
>>47993886

>sterile and boring
>at this moment modern has the greatest variance since its birth
>>
>>48000873

Mono Green stompy is a very cheap deck that kind works like that, and while not tier1 it can have a reasonable winrate
>>
>>48005382
>stompy
>not mono green bogles

>>>/out/
>>
>>48004893
No, I was implying that if you ever intended to own the card, you'd have bought them at $80/playset.
>>
>>48004893
Addendum: Mono-red burn can easily top 4 the average 16-player FNM
>>
>>48004965
>>48004995
With an ability that shitty, literally no reason to cost more than Merfolk Looter.
>>
Just built a red/black deck focusing on flashback. Pivotal card is Ash Zealot.
>Test the deck
>Ash zealot deals damage to the player that casts, not target player.
>tfw immediately start building a new deck
>>
File: 1467111853103.jpg (63 KB, 578x398) Image search: [Google]
1467111853103.jpg
63 KB, 578x398
Would you use this in a Wizard tribal deck?
>>
>>48004792
It doesn't work like that. That's a different deck. It doesn't want to run archdruid or really even ezuri. It's more combo and gets blown out by removal even more
>>
>>48003688
>it doesn't matter that it took first because a bunch of other people didn't do mediocre with the deck at said event
>>
>>48006005
Is it the one that makes infinite mana and play shit like Emrakul?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.