[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any good books with Tieflings as the main character?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
Are there any good books with Tieflings as the main character?
>>
>>47968125
I haven't read the books myself, but Brimstone Angels series has Tiefling sisters as the main characters:
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Brimstone_Angels_series
>>
>>47968716
I've read them. They're nothing super special. If you like the other forgotten realms stuff you'll probably enjoy them. But don't go into it expecting a masterpiece.
>>
>>47968716
2011-2015 publishing dates.

Are they set in the train-wreck of Forgotten Realms that was hand-waved for 4th edition?
>>
Problem is, tieflings are d&d specific race, so they can only appear in licensed novels and

>Licensed novels
>Any good

Pick one
>>
>>47970317
Yes.
>>
File: tumblr_mr1iijO7r61sroo6bo1_540.jpg (34 KB, 449x761) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mr1iijO7r61sroo6bo1_540.jpg
34 KB, 449x761
>>47968125
does Hellboy count?
>>
>>47971042
Beat me to it, seconding
>>
File: The Dreadful.jpg (176 KB, 800x1237) Image search: [Google]
The Dreadful.jpg
176 KB, 800x1237
>>47971042
Do webcomics count?
>>
>>47970317
They've made the transition to 5e, but yeah, they still have signs of coming from 4e. First and foremost, the tieflings were raised by a dragonborn.
>>
>>47973357
Yes they do. Link that shit!!!!!
>>
>>47968125
No, because Tieflings are stupid.
>>47971042
Yes, it counts. Which leaves the count of good books featuring them at zero.
>>
>>47980740
Your just a hater that hates to not hate. Why you gotta hate so much?

I know this isn't relevant to the topic but I plan on playing a tiefing paladin soon. anyone got good character art for that?
>>
>>47981073
Not him, but Hellboy is pretty overrated. Great character, but Mike Mignola is kinda garbage at storytelling.
>>
File: Sam.jpg (17 KB, 304x228) Image search: [Google]
Sam.jpg
17 KB, 304x228
>>47980740
>>
>>47973357
Is that that tiefling gunslinger who spent the first chapter near-death from being poisoned, and who encounters a Dorf Fortress-crazy dwarf hauling a gatling gun around?
>>
>>47968125
This would imply that there's a good D&D book. Think about what you're asking.
>>
>>47980740
>Yes, it counts. Which leaves the count of good books featuring them at zero.

Talk shit, get hit.
>>
File: Tiefling warrior.jpg (358 KB, 800x995) Image search: [Google]
Tiefling warrior.jpg
358 KB, 800x995
I aesthetically really like Tieflings, but I feel like they wouldn't be allowed to exist in most settings, they'd have to grow up in very specific circumstances and then they'd be very hated. But instead of making them edgy mary sues; you'd have to make that hatred somewhat justified. Know what I mean?

Making an empire of Tieflings would be stupid, or even a small nation. They are loners by birthright.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.