[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Character traits figuring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 9470541_orig[1].gif (49 KB, 795x764) Image search: [Google]
9470541_orig[1].gif
49 KB, 795x764
What systems have good concise ways of discerning your character's physiological traits? Not randomly, but actually based on statistical factors like their abilities/attributes, height, weight, race, etc?
GURPS has such a system, D&D 3E too (though mostly based on race alone), but both will often slate you with a 5' nothing 140lbs+ person that is supposedly capable of heroic-tier feats of celerity (no magic involved).
Other games F.A.T.A.L have it all but randomized. Your stats may factor in, but the amount of d6s or whatever rolled means they've only the smallest of impacts.
>>
>>47961439
Eclipse Phase.
>>
Dungeon World
It's pretty much objectively one of the best currently out there. It has fast easy to use mechsnics and is perfect for beginners, it's a lot cheaper than most of these other rules bloated systems that cost fifty dollars. There is no reason for extra rules when it is he role playing that matters. Dungeon World is fast and innovative and still feels exactly like the spirit of ADND before DnD 3.5 destroyed the hobby and ruined a generation of role players.
>>
>>47965960
Doesn't EP base it like 99% on what sort of [mold? frame?] you chose?

>>47966929
I feel like this post is a really poor joke.
>>
>>47966995
good shit go౦ԁ sHit thats s0me goodshit rightthere rightthere if i do ƽaү so my self i say so thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷM HO0OଠOOOOOOଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ Good shit
>>
File: 1246324792064.jpg (46 KB, 977x556) Image search: [Google]
1246324792064.jpg
46 KB, 977x556
>>47967104
>>
>>47961439
I alway draw characters who aren't tall with only six heads.

Am I doing it wrong?
>>
>>47967104
You actually managed to creep me out. Good job.
>>
In my games I just have players choose two adjectives that describe their characters - things like grumpy, stubborn, stoic, cheerful, funny, etc - and give them extra XP if they play to those adjectives.
>>
>>47971464
I'm referring more to physiological traits.

>>47970503
Not necessarily; it depends on the over-all aesthetic. Cartoony and realistic/pseudo-realistic can be done well at a six-head average.
>>
>>47961439
What would be a heroic dick size?
>>
>>47971609
Certainly not yours.
>>
Runequest has a size stat that affects other stats
>>
>>47971609
Greeks actually had an ideal penis size and shape for their art. There's a couple academic articles about it somewhere.
>>
File: 1395268159486.png (713 KB, 659x993) Image search: [Google]
1395268159486.png
713 KB, 659x993
>>47972464
>after spending thousands of hours researching art history, working to understand the intricacies of art and the limits of technique, someone said "I know it now, I want to do my thesis on greek dicks"
>>
>>47972503
And then they would go and defend their thesis against a board of their soon-to-be peers. Academia can be fun like that.
>>
>>47972531
That's why I love making retarded researches for my university, yet I can't understand why they keep buying whatever I research even if it's barely useful for them
>>
>>47961439

In general, linking physical traits to statistics is only going to be appropriate for realistic games.

GURPS does have options for that (buying larger size increases the limit of STR you can buy etc etc), but just as often you're going to want to be much stronger or faster than realistic biology can allow.

I'm there's a pretty good example of what you're looking for that I'm forgetting, but for a somewhat non-serious answer, Nechronica would fit - being that your physiological traits are the corpse-parts that you stitch on to determine your powers.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.