[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is how I Call of Cthulhu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
This is how I Call of Cthulhu
>>
>>47959989
A hot pile of shit?
>>
>>47961136
cloverfield was a good movie faggot
>>
File: Cloverfield.jpg (194 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Cloverfield.jpg
194 KB, 1920x1080
Eldritch.
>>
>>47961136
> Mistakes Cloverfield for his mum.
>>
>>47959989
You use a lot of shakey cam?
>>
>>47959989
I threw up at this movie. I'm not wholly convinced it was due to motion sickness.
>>
Did anybody else genuinely, unironically like this movie?

I loved Godzilla growing up, same with Rodan, I remembered getting hella freaked out watching the first Rodan. Cloverfield actually evoked that for me, the movie actually got me going once or twice, but I pumped it up by watching it alone in the dark with no one else home.

I love it, I don't even mind the gay-ass love story because it provides a plot. The whole thing feels awesome to me.

Still can't tell if the grill got shot or if her head exploded from bug infection.
>>
>>47966910

She popped. Slow down that scene and you actually see her expand behind the curtain.

I also liked the movie. The "sequel" was really good too. Though it was a totally different kind of movie
>>
>>47963049
It really isn't. The found footage is shit, the plot is shit, and the characters and acting are shit. The only thing that is good is the monster, and for some people that's enough.
>>
>>47966973

Shit, thanks, I've been wondering that since I saw it. I'll have to check out the sequel. Glad someone else enjoyed it. I mentioned liking Cloverfield on a date once and the girl got a look on her face and I seriously wonder if it contributed to me not getting laid.
>>
>>47966986

How is the found footage shit?

How is the plot shit?

The characters are kinda lame but who cares? Some fag wants to resue the girl he loves while a monster rips up New York City. That isn't enough? He has to be fucking Leopold Bloom to engage you? It's a monster movie moron.

> The only thing that is good is the monster, and for some people that's enough.

Yeah not surprising that's the main factor of quality in a fucking MONSTER movie.

i dunno why im being so defensive over this movie but i really don't get why people hate it so much
>>
>>47967030
It's fear anon they just use bravado and scorn to hide the stench.
>>
>>47967030
The cameraman died and the movie stays found footage with a new cameraman. Even chronicle, whose story actual used the found footage design as a tool and not a gimmick, made a vague shitty "this is why there are a ton of new camera angles to show you what is going on" to make the climax satisfying and not made from a fixed point.

The plot is the bog standard "fake people do fake things fake-ly, the government is the bad guys" monster of the week shit without any satire or irony like Pacific Rim. It's kind of like how Super 8 isn't great because it's a pseudo homage without the homage... So it's just a standard story with no risk.

You already answered why the characters are shit. Monster movie or not they are Hostel tier annoying douches.

Yeah the monster is cool, a little too "this monster has no weaknesses and even has methods to interact on a human scale level" at times but just an amazing design that was shit incredibly well.

But the movie is not very good, which is what I was saying. A lot of people (including me) like not very good movies for a variety of reasons.
>>
I've not seen it, but I will say that I don't like the look of the monster. I prefer the walking-whale looking thing I saw once. It was either concept art or someone's guess.
>>
>>47966871
That is why I didn't like the film. I don't get motion sick, but I had to walk out from the shaking camera.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.