[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will the brexit have an impact on tabletop market?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
Will the brexit have an impact on tabletop market?
>>
>>47958235
Yes.
>>
>>47958235
No.
>>
Maybe.
>>
Can you repeat the question?
>>
>>47958235
Prices for products made in UK will go up.
>>
>>47958235
Just apropos the picture, GW will need to re-examine their business model in Europe. If past GW business moves are any indication, that will qualify as an "impact" all by itself.
>>
File: 1455928097480.jpg (85 KB, 1234x395) Image search: [Google]
1455928097480.jpg
85 KB, 1234x395
>>47958263
>>47958271
>>47958277
>>
I imagine the bigger companies like GW, Warlord and Mantic won't see much of a change.

However the little companies like Prodos, Hysterical, GCT and others will feel the impact pretty hard I imagine.
>>
>>47958235
Highly doubtful. Europe will put the pressure on to 'make an example' of the UK for leaving so other's don't try for a referendum. I'm quoting them there. After that thinks will return to normal.
>>
>>47958235
For a lot of the smaller companies not located in the UK it's kind of a blow, largely because there's almost inevitably going to be a recession that will cut sales to the UK, and the UK is kind of a huge market for wargames stuff of all forms, typically the #2 market for US-based companies in particular.

As for UK-based companies, it's going to have even more of an effect due to said inevitable recession, and depending on the EU's response, could go doubly worse as removal of the free trade policies and the like will really cut into the margins for companies that exported a notable percentage of their product to EU nations.

Expect price rises/closing up shop and selling off of small ranges to more recession-proof companies.
>>
>>47958406
Mantic is a little company.
>>
>>47958283
Underrated post
>>
>>47958439
>removal of the free trade policies

I wouldn't bet on it. The UK runs an £8,000,000,000 trade deficit with the EU as a whole. If tariffs were placed on goods exported to the EU, the UK could just put equivalent tariffs onto goods imported from the EU, subsidise corporations exporting to the EU, and pocket the change.
>>
All the actual books/minis are made in Asia, and British companies will still be able to export to America at the same price as usual, so there shouldn't be much change outside of the Eurozone.
Krautchan must be up in arms, though.
>>
>>47959314
Eight billion? That doesn't seem vital. The EU don't have much of a choice but to put the knife in, here. You're right in that the voice of mercy will be from business though.
>>
>>47959399
>The EU don't have much of a choice but to put the knife in, here
Debatable - the UK's not the only place that has "leave EU" sentiments, the EU imposing harsh terms on the UK gives the anti-EU crowd a ton of ammunition.
And it's not suddenly going to stop being significant trade partners, so we'll have to see how it goes - no one can be certain right now
>>
>>47959399
The Voice of mercy is Germany.

Britain consumes 30% of their auto-trade and actually manufactures 30% of their Auto-trade for Germany at a vastly reduced rate.

If Britain gets a angry divorce from the EU, Germany will be hit by a recession.

Then there is the English channel problem.
>>
>>47959548
Even france is having doubts, and an "evil" EU would see France be hit by another wave of riots.

The best course for the EU is the one Germany pointed out.

Slap the UK in as a "partner country" let them keep most of the trading advantages and then reform the EU so it's less immigration based.

UK is happy.

EU looks like the good guy.

Nobodies Economy dies.
>>
>>47959354
This is actually really rare. Most wargames companies (which are miniatures only companies for the most part) are solo operations or have fewer than a half dozen employees, and do all the production by themselves on local premises.

Even a lot of the bigger companies of the industry do their own casting/packing/distribution from a single site.

It's basically a cottage industry barring a few radical exceptions.
>>
>>47959548
>Debatable - the UK's not the only place that has "leave EU" sentiments, the EU imposing harsh terms on the UK gives the anti-EU crowd a ton of ammunition.
It's a tough ask. This is a call for reform, but you have to weigh up whether leniency or punishment has the greater benefit for Brussels. I think the argument for leniency is a tough one (but it's the one the market will make, yes). And there's a justified anger in being forced into a bad position by the British, who are washing their hands of 43 years of union.
>>
>>47959640
It's a nice thought, but I think the inclination right now is to cut Britain's throat.
>>
>>47958235

When the pound took a dive, people in /wip/ were buying a bunch of stuff from the UK cheap. It was like having a 50% off sale.

The pound is already going back up though.
>>
File: 1450946532431.gif (2 MB, 500x209) Image search: [Google]
1450946532431.gif
2 MB, 500x209
>>47958415
>Europe will put the pressure on to 'make an example' of the UK for leaving
>implying the UK will give a fuck what europe thinks
>>
>>47959992
I don't think you quite understand UK's role in Europe.

The UK has and always will be the mediator between Germany and France.

France wants the EU to be a protectorate.
Germany wants it to be a trade deal.

UK is militarily strong, and is allied with France in many non-EU pacts.

UK is also very economically tied to Germany, being one of the pillars of Germany's entire economy.

UK out of the EU has basically caused Germany and France to lock heads.

France can gladly leave the EU and remain allies with the UK, so Europes Military strength stays strong.
>>
How will all this Euro crap influence the one true country in the western world, i..e America?

No but seriously I'm worried for you guys. Except Greece. We should nuke that shithole.
>>
>>47960061
At the very least there will be short-term financial damage, euro accounts will move from London into the EU and there will be considerable loss of academic and scientific jobs (no EU funding/contracts/grants to bid for, no European Medical Association). You could argue the government will make efforts to cover that, but it's unlikely considering the upcoming leadership contests, financial recession and the sheer volume of shit they're going to have to do to negotiate the exit.

It's silly to pretend the markets aren't interconnected.
>>
>>47960084
Do you think France will leave? The elections of the next two years will determine the fate of the EU, certainly. I see France staying and forming a bloc with Italy and other countries as a check to Germany.
>>
>>47960111
Ah, here's the kicker.

You don't need to be in the EU to get EU investments.

See: Large Hadron project.

>>47960130
France's Economy literally does not care about the EU.

They don't need to "form a bloc" against germany because France could flatten Germany in seconds.

France's gameplan for the EU was to recruit tons of eastern euros to create a buffer state.

Mission accomplished.

When I say lock heads, Germany vs France are not against each other as countries, their ideologies for the EU are simply contradictory.
>>
>>47960130

The UK made up 13% of the EU's entire budget contributions and there were already plans in place to raise the contributions for paying countries by 10% to pay for the refugee crisis.

Meaning instead of the 110% of the current budget needed, we now have 87%. Someone has to make up for this, it's not going to be pretty. What it comes down to is: The time of prosperity and endless resources is over. We're heading towards an economic crisis like you wouldn't believe. Think 1927's Germany.
>>
>>47958300
No pound is failing so if you buy from the uk it's cheaper - but I'm sure a lot of companies will keep the same price and cream the savings for themselves, so you have to buy direct
Imports to Britain will be more expensive
If Scotland goes then it gets more complicated still
>>
>>47960108
America basically has two choices.

Piss on the UK and fuck over your military pacts AND joint Military agreements.

or side the Britain and nothing changes.

So it depends on Obama really. Hillary would be pro UK and so would trump.

Obama is very anti-UK because he tried to lobby for France, only France is pro-UK military so that did literally nothing.
>>
So, how's the weather in southern Norway? I'm pondering migrating there from Austria, because it seems like the most reasonable country in the world and it'd be nice to live in a country that's not just Germany's appendix for once...

I heard the traditional gaming scene is big there, so together with Metal and drinking in the woods, it pretty much has my hobbies covered.
>>
>>47960238
>Pound
>Failing

It suffered an extremely predictable dip and is raising up again.

No company is planning to move out of the UK save for Sky, and Sky are in a bad state in the UK anyway.
>>
>>47960189
>You don't need to be in the EU to get EU investments.
How much goodwill do you assume, though?
>>
>>47958235
With the drop in the pound, the UK can export goods cheaper, and as such sell cheaper in foreign markets. however knowing GW, its likely they will keep the same prices for profits
>>
>>47960084
Lol the Tories have slashed our military and the navy is even worse so no way to project that power
>>
>>47960286

They kind of have to considering the dip in their profits over the past years
>>
>>47960272
Considering the UK was the nerve center for Europe's Aeronautrics,Robotics astronautics and one of the biggest contributors to the LHC project, Pretty fucking huge.

The UK was very Science focused in the EU.

I can't stress enough how the UK being placated is both very good for the EU and extremely easy.

>>47960326
Even when slashed, we're still the biggest Military power in Europe alongside France.
>>
>>47960345
Stop it you're just confirming leave voters are retards
>>
>>47960111
theres definitely going to be large change, some of it will be bad, some of it will be good, but the UK has proven they really don't need to europe to self sustain. and since its pretty obvious to me they left because they were sick of other countries telling them whats best for their country, I forsee the UK making stronger ties with the other anglo nations, and it benefiting us in the long run.

everyone wants to say they did it because they were sick of muslims, and im not going to deny there is some truth to that, but I think its really more to do with the fact that europe is being run by a bunch of fucktarded women who make political decisions with their feelings, and the UK doesn't want any part of that anymore.
>>
>>47960363
>>47960326
Calm down anon.
>>
>>47960371
Immigration is a huge issue. You look at Gordon Brown encountering that woman in his own campaign, and you see the root of why the government lost this referendum. You can piece it back to Blair, even. Nobody legitimizes the traditional working class voter in British politics anymore, except for Farage. And Cameron - Christ. One of the worst we've ever had.
>>
>>47958235
The cost for GW to export it's figures from the UK has dropped (do they still cast everything in the UK?). If they still cast in the UK they'll make more money from sales abroad.

>>47958406
Kek, Prodos don't need any help going bust.
>>
>>47960363
>Work in the EU scientific community
>Someone a retard for knowing my job.

It's why we got so much money for Scientific grants.

the UK is literally a pedigree Scientific resource.

You think Germany will pick up the slack?

Poland?

>>47960401
The fact that the Remain campaign was like "Oh it will effect BUSINESSES hard" the most proved they forgot the working class is the most populous.
>>
>>47960432
Best advice was given by my grandad.

Germans are Engineers
British are Scientists

It's so true.
>>
>>47960432
I think there's a sharp risk of pretty severe consequences as a result of this, but here we are. You can never put a question to a referendum you don't actually want answered, and Cameron banked 12 months as PM on that and lost.
>>
>>47960432
>You think Germany will pick up the slack?
No, the one picking up the slack will be the country with the LHC, the european synchrotron, the ITER, the largest biopharma sector in europe and the single largest scientific publication producer in the world.

It's right to the south, across the channel.
>>
>>47959976
>justified

Its just a jumped up trade union, why are people acting like they are emotionally invested in it?
>>
>>47960130
There is a low probability that will happens if Lepen gets elected.
But it would mean losing a lot of advantages acquired through the years, and leaving Germany in charge, so I don't see this happening.

>>47960084
>protectorate vs. trade deal.
It's a bit more complicated than that, the french version of public service being (initially) welfare state with interventionism and priviledges in most domains, while the german conception is more limited to regalian functions, with no priviledges in other roles compared to ordinary enterprises. EU directives relected that opposition, and leaned towards the german model at first.
The EU law has evolved a lot, and now its quite the middle ground between the two conceptions.

Anyways, Europe is a clusterfuck of international organizations. The UK leaving one doesn't mean that everything will crumble immediately.
Sweet exchange rate for buying minis, though.
>>
Anyone else find it incredibly amusing to listen in on all the Remain types that have gotten incredibly butthurt over Brexit?

On Facepunch for example you've got like 20 separate "breaking news" threads detailing how UK is falling apart or is retarded or will face horrors ahead for their decision, while I've seen people so butthurt over it they claim they "don't have to explain shit why I voted remain, you Exit types need to defend your decision because you wanted to change the status quo."
>>
>>47958235

the Markets were almost back within 24 hours, the currency will be back in a couple of weeks, panic over.

The Apocalypse I was promised isn't materialising
>>
How likely is the collapse of the european union?
>>
>>47960538
Because thousands and thousands of people all across Europe are emotionally invested in it?
>>
>>47960548
Things will get very ugly indeed if there is a big economic downturn.
>>
>>47960371
>>47960401

Is it true that your Muslim mayor wants to try and secede London from England because they want to stay in the EU?
>>
>>47960401
immigration is a very serious issue, and thats why women shouldn't be in charge of it. I look at immigration like a party, a good party is good because everyone knows each other and is comfortable around each other, but when stupid bitches start inviting other people it fucks everything up and fights break out, and its always women that do this. multiculturalism is a good idea on paper, but it won't work in the world we live in until we break down very restrictive cultural barriers. I hate to say it but as it currently stands islam is not compatible with other nations, that entire religion needs to be revamped. It sucks because there are a lot of muslims that have proven they can live abroad and act like normal people, but the ones coming out of the middle east are still full retard, waiting for the next jihad to be called. and its not just christian nations that hate them, everyone fucking hate them, and they hate everyone. we need to tell the women pushing for immigration to shut up and stop trying to force something that isn't going to happen, like when a female friend of yours introduces you to someone you have zero interest in talking to, and then she sits there trying to get the two of you to be friends, and you kinda wanna nail her so you try and make it work but the other person is a complete douche, and in her twisted mind the two of you have become best friends, then neither of you get laid and she nails some dude she met at starbucks last week. this is why you don't let women make decisions on anything important, ever.
>>
>>47960540
Oh, I don't think the EU OR the UK will fall apart simply because nobody wants either.

Germany, France and the UK have had decades of specializing so much they compliment each other perfectly.

Using your graph, you can actually predict where the EU will be.

It'll probably be placed in the EFTA without being forced into the Schengen Area.

Also probably forced to take the Chinese Steel tax thingy that the UK was very against to force the UK to accept European Steel.
>>
>>47960562
Very. But not over brexit.
>>
>>47960585
im canadian bruh, but if thats true then thats exactly the kind of shit im talking about, muslims can't just come into a better country and be given a free pass, they gotta bring their shitty culture with them.
>>
>>47960548

>Spoit petulant entitled cry baby faggots getting butthurt

Can't say I'm surprised

>>47960585

Sure and soon afterwards the Emperor of Mankind will arrive from the Stars recognising me as the 21st Primarch, it's going to be so sweet.
>>
>>47960562

Denmark and Italy are holding their own referendums.

I think once it becomes clear the EU is just a German-led superstate in disguise will you have the EU break apart.
>>
>>47960586
The UK doesn't need Merkel to bring in 500k legal immigrants every year, more than half being muslim.
>>
>>47958235
Vat/Moss already fucked Europe.
This changes little.
>>
Jesus christ, why can't you keep these threads in /pol/? Vaguely mentioning tabletop games is not enough to make an obvious politics thread /tg/ related, even less so when fucking NOBODY is discussing the tabletop bit
>>
>>47960586
>immigration is a very serious issue, and thats why women shouldn't be in charge of it.
I'm sorry, but is your complaint really that these women are women? That women cannot govern? As someone from the country of Thatcher, that's not a position I'll ever be able to agree with.

Your problem sounds much more personal than political, but it's a good illustration of a certain type of view that was relevant in this referendum for sure.
>>
>>47960612
That's the thing. Immigration is unlikely to fall much in Brexit Britain. Finances are unlikely to rise. The real issue is going to be in 5 or 10 years when the Brexit promises have not been fulfilled, who the electorate turns to then.
>>
>>47960643
Not to even mention the fact that with the UK being out of the EU, there'd be nothing forcing France to block illegals at Calais.
>>
>>47960627
to be blunt, yes women for the most part cannot govern. some have proven they can, most can't and shouldn't be allowed in government.
>>
>>47960667
That's already been threatened. If the inclination of the EU is to fuck Britain, they can *really* fuck Britain.
>>
>>47960669
That is also true of men
>>
>>47960643
Now, I am no Immigration Expert, but it will change.

As much as people go "lolpakis" they don't actually impact the economy much in the UK.

Eastern Europeans did however, as they basically took ALL low paid manual jobs causing the working class in Britain to literally tank in a few short years.

That and Eastern European "Medical tourists" were the biggest issue with Immigration.

The Syrians were not even going to be a factor.

It's why the EU leave was needed.

>>47960667
The Agreement for that is outside the EU anyway.

The problem there the UK being out of the EU actually means the UK can just ship them over because the UK doesn't need to accept them.
>>
>>47960669
kek, OK. Obviously I don't agree. I don't think sex is the determinator on what makes a good politician.
>>
>>47960691
>Eastern Europeans did however, as they basically took ALL low paid manual jobs causing the working class in Britain to literally tank in a few short years.
There's a huge question over who will actually do many of these jobs, because the native British are unlikely to. The days of schoolkids fruit-picking are long gone. The working class in Britain started to be fucked over long before we got hit by thousands of Eastern European migrants.
>>
>>47960691
>they don't actually impact the economy much in the UK
Pakis and indians are more numerous in the UK than the eastern europeans trough. But I guess they are pretty happy with the brexit, since they won't be in competition with the eastern euros for jobs and they will still being able to bring their family.
>>
>>47960699
it shouldn't be, but it is a large factor. Theres no arguing there have been women throughout history that have risen to the challenge and don't great things. but women need to understand what their strengths are. women that held power did so because they inspire men to greater acts, queens hold the same influence as kings for example. but we aren't in the age of conquering anymore, were in the age of government, and I if you want an example of why women suck at governing just look at any large successful corporation, the majority of them are run by men. I don't think the standards should have anything to do with gender, it should be about character and substance, but we certainly shouldn't be doing ridiculous things like gender quotas. I mean, do you really want a sex that gives out trophies for second place making political decisions that will affect your whole family?
>>
>>47960691
>because the UK doesn't need to accept them.
The UK basically accepts all the illegals who can manage to get in, that's why migrants don't try to apply for asylum in France and instead go for the UK, they only have one in 5 chances to get accepted, and 4 in 5 to be deported.
>>
>>47960760
>>47960733

The Problem is Eastern Europeans would take the High paying working class jobs in construction.

Things like Plumber, bricklayer and Plasterer were being overcrowded by undereducated Polish workers.

Doesn't help that the Eastern Europeans rigged the deck and practically fucked over the construction trade with their shoddy work ethic and skill.
>>
>>47960779
m8 I'm trying to be polite here but honestly, I think you're a silly fucking cunt.
>>
>>47960818
calling me a silly cunt is exactly what a woman would do instead of trying to counter my arguments. if you wanna shut me and people like me up, then give us concrete reasons why women are just as capable as men. why do we make exceptions for them? why do we give them extra privileges? if we're all truly equal why do they get more help than men?
>>
>>47960779
>muh feelings : the post
You'd be worse as a ruler than any of those women you despise.
>>
>>47960850
Not him, but I'll counter your argument.

Your argument is one based entirely on pop news. You never hear about the normal prime ministers from say Norway and Denmark who were women and didn't do anything.

Men are just as likely to fuck over in politics. look at Cameron who is just as big a fuckup as Merkel.
>>
>>47960801
They out competed the natives fair and square.

Poles took the average buck toothed pasty Brits job, Nigerians stole his overweight bitch of a girl and Indians improved his quinine.

No wonder Brits are angry. They're old news.

Can't wait for the economy to collapse and the UK to become Russia 2.0
>>
>>47960858
nah its the people who disagree with me that are leading with their feelings. I just wan't people to be qualified for the jobs they have, no special privileges, no moving the goal posts so they can compete, you're either qualified or you just aren't.

>>47960897
I already said that some women have the ability to do the job, im not saying theyre all incapable. Ill use a better example to show you what bothers me and people who think like me. Why isn't there equal representation in the NFL for people that aren't in good shape. why is it that only people who are elite athletes get to play in professional leagues? wheres the equal representation there?
>>
>>47960957
>nah its the people who disagree with me that are leading with their feelings. I just wan't people to be qualified for the jobs they have, no special privileges, no moving the goal posts so they can compete, you're either qualified or you just aren't.
What even make you think that Merkel was made Kanzlerin or Tatcher PM because they were women ? You are litterally going muh feelings on that one, bud.
>>
File: finn pepe.png (91 KB, 600x578) Image search: [Google]
finn pepe.png
91 KB, 600x578
>mfw brexit will hopefully cause a chain reaction that destroys the EU.

Fuck this cancerous union, the sooner it falls apart, the better. Sovereignty has no price tag, and the EU is an enemy of free nations and peoples.
Fixit soon.
>>
>>47960950
>Fair and Square

Sounds like you know nothing about the Polish situation in the UK.

The Poles came in, set up Recruitment agencies and charged a pittance. They then prefered only Eastern European workers, specifically cutting English people out of the market.

So it doesn't matter how good the British worker is, Ivan is stacking the deck and making sure only his friends get in.

I work in a factory, we had 3 temps to cover shifts on the floor. All three were eastern European, all three were useless workers who we sacked instantly.

When we investigated the Recruitment agency, asked for workers who spoke English, they sent us ANOTHER 3 polish workers who can't speak english and needed to be laid off.

it wasn't the Polish workers outcompeting the British, it was the Polish abusing EU legislation and driving the entire market down.
>>
>>47959548
but by the same token, you can't not punish them or the anti-EU parties in other countries see that there's no consequence to leaving
>>
File: 1f1.gif (3 MB, 638x358) Image search: [Google]
1f1.gif
3 MB, 638x358
>mfw bitter EUfags think UK economy is gonna collapse because we just can't live without them or some shit

Enjoy your bureaucrat-ridden sinking ship.
>>
>>47960986
they would be two of the exceptions I was talking about, wouldn't they? and Merkel may have been qualified when she got into the position, but shes one person that in very hated across the europe at the moment, so maybe its time she just stepped down and accepted that shes not as good at what shes doing as she once was. she is a representative of the people, and if a large portion of the people disagree with what she is doing, then she isn't doing a good job representing them, is she?
>>
>>47961022
>contract cheap recruitment agencies
>get shit workers
Seems like your company got what it paid for. Likewise, next time don't order chinese stuff if you want quality.
>>
>>47961022
Much like the other remain talking points, utter bollocks.
>>
>>47961022
Nepotism makes the world go round. It's just that when abroad, the "cousin of mine" becomes "anybody from my country".
>>
>>47961049
>and if a large portion of the people disagree with what she is doing, then she isn't doing a good job representing them, is she?
She still has a majority of approval in her own country.

But I guess democracy isn't as important as "keeping women out" right ?
>>
>>47961055
>>47961056

>Worked with the Agency for years
>Only went to shit because they hired Polish people to help Polish people into the workforce

Problem is, instead of helping, they simply crippled the British workforce.
>>
>>47961072
don't have to simply keep women out, just don't make exceptions for anyone who isn't truly qualified. Imagine this world if we got rid of gender quotas and gender standards. imagine how many less women you'd have in the army, the police force, government etc. equal representation works when you're chilling out playing games, but not when you're running a country.

if she wants to sit there and pretend that everything is ok then she can do that and ignore the millions of people who aren't happy with how things are going. but if the shit hits the fan, and I hope it doesn't, don't be surprised!
>>
>>47960993
According to Soros it's "inevitable" that the EU will disintegrate.
>>
>>47961130
>f we got rid of gender quotas and gender standards
>having quotas in the first place
Literally sexist and racist. What kind of third world hellhole do you live in ?
>>
>>47960957
Ah, so you justify your hate of women with imaginary "equal representation" laws.

Democratic process. That's how you get your leaders, shitgnob.
>>
>>47958360

geologist here

The answer is yes
>>
>>47961095
It might be obvious to you, but for all we know especially outside the country, you might as well be talking out of your ass.

Stats or something?
>>
>>47961130
>if she wants to sit there and pretend that everything is ok then she can do that and ignore the millions of people who aren't happy with how things are going. but if the shit hits the fan, and I hope it doesn't, don't be surprised!
Cameron and Hollande both have had approval ratings under 25% and never resigned. Merkel has still an approval rating 10% higher than that.
>>
>>47961140
>Literally sexist and racist
being against gender quotas is sexist and racist? shieeeeeet
>this is what women actually believe
>muh feelings
>>
>>47961202
>dat reading comprehension
Are you legitimately retarded ?
>>
>>47961156
We already had that thread!
>>
>>47961202
You cannot read and understand English, can you?
>>
>>47961184
so wait her approval rating is 35%? how the fuck is that majority? 65% of the country doesn't like you lol

>>47961143
are you going to sit here and tell yourself there are no very real gender standards? you're gonna sit here and lie to all these people and say the standards for women becoming police officers isn't lower than the standards for men?
>>
>>47960061
>Implying the UK will survive the next 10 years
>>
>>47961225
We're talking about leaders of people, not workers, retard, keep up with the program.
>>
File: 1450836682506.gif (2 MB, 514x744) Image search: [Google]
1450836682506.gif
2 MB, 514x744
>>47961244
leaders of the people is still a job. and if you think there isnt gender quotas in politics you've clearly never been to canada.
>>
>>47961225
>you're gonna sit here and lie to all these people and say the standards for women becoming police officers isn't lower than the standards for men?
Again, what kind of hellhole do you live in for this to be the case ?
>>
>>47961225
A politician doesn't need majority to approve of them if they're not aiming to get re-elected.
>>
File: 1461543177934.jpg (50 KB, 570x391) Image search: [Google]
1461543177934.jpg
50 KB, 570x391
>>47961218
>>47961221
ah so we agree with other then, excellent.
>>
>>47961282
>Again, what kind of hellhole do you live in for this to be the case ?
Not him, but the US has been doing that. There's a huge flap over women qualifying for military positions or firefighting either not meeting the requirements and passing anyway, or getting drastically reduced ones.
>>
>>47961225
>so wait her approval rating is 35%? how the fuck is that majority? 65% of the country doesn't like you lol
Germany is a parliamentary democracy, and Merkel is the head of the proportionally elected party coalition. It's not some kind of retarded FPTP where only two parties can exist.
>>
>>47961322
>35% is majority
>women
65% of the country doesn't like you honey, they may not all like the same other person, but they certainly don't like you.
>>
>>47961271
So a certain percent of your democratically elected leaders have to be women? There will be poll where three men win, but because of these quotas at least one of them have to change with a woman?
>>
>>47961312
Did fat clog the clapistanis' brain arteries ? What kind of mental gymnastics do you have to do for this to make sense ? I understand >>47961225 this faggot better now, he's a retard but it's not his fault, more like his society's fault.
>>
>>47961335
But as long there isn't another person they like more than you, you're still the best qualified to run.

Sorry lad, but that's democracy.
>>
>>47961365
>Did fat clog the clapistanis' brain arteries ? What kind of mental gymnastics do you have to do for this to make sense ?
Don't look at me, because I don't get it any more than a lot of people do.

It's part of a bizarre combination of political correctness, feminism, and idiocy. Equality's a fine ideal and all, but it doesn't mean everyone really can do everything.
>>
>>47961351
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/11/04/justin-trudeau-gender-parity-because-it-s-2015_n_8474386.html

in case you missed it, this is why people have been making "because its the current year!" jokes. this is why people dislike trudeau. Hopefully this autistic way of thinking hasn't spread to other countries outside Canada, but something tells me it has.
>>
>>47961388
I need no lesson on what democracy is, im not arguing that she isn't the most popular, what I am arguing is the delusion you have that the majority of the entire country wants her in power.
>>
>>47961446
>I need no lesson on what democracy is
It seems so, actually. Leave it to the germans to replace her in their next elections, if they hate her so much. But again, so far she's still their most popular politician.
>>
>>47961478
>It seems so, actually
you pompous cunt lol, shes the most popular option at the moment, but does she not have the support of 65% of the country? I know it pains you to face the reality of this subject, so continue to shrug it off if thats what helps you sleep at night.
>>
>>47960425
>(do they still cast everything in the UK?)
Memphis handles american distribution, unless I'm remembering wrong.

I doubt GW's going to change too much, unless something really fucking crazy happens in the UK.
>>
>>47961446
Time for a lesson, then.

A country must be led, otherwise it's anarchy. You choose your leaders by democratic process. After this you might disagree with the leaders.

Here's the kicker: unless you have better ideas who should lead the country, then you just gotta fucking suck it until you do, because a country must be led.
>>
>>47961524
>but does she not have the support of 65% of the country
And ? Obama in 2014 didn't have the support of 60% of the country either - in a country with only two meaningful parties. Cameron launched the Brexit poll when he was at 25% of popularity.

Day to day polls aren't the democratic process.
>>
>>47961529
>>47961565
what don't the two of you understand? i'm not arguing against them having power, they got elected and hold majority vote, but the majority vote is not the majority of the entire country, and thats why theres dissent. I agree day to day polls are not the way to go, you vote and you deal with it, and if you really don't like it you get a pitchfork and put some severed heads on a pike.

the only point im trying to get across here is that the majority of the entire country she runs does not like her, and thats why shes receiving so much backlash for everything she does.
>>
>>47961624
Plot twist, even when everything was fine she wasn't above 50% of popularity, because politics in Germany don't work like in Clapistan.

But again, why am I even arguing with someone so stuck in his own point of view ?
>>
>>47960585
That's some Passport to Pimlico shit right there.
>>
File: 1443486907969.png (392 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
1443486907969.png
392 KB, 848x480
>>47960950

>mfw when I found the national food of the UK was curry
>>
>>47961131
everything ends, no empire has stood the test of time. Neither will probably the western as we know it today
>>
>>47960585
No, just retards petitioning for him to do so
>>
>>47961805
It's certainly *a* national food, much the same way that hot dogs and pizza are american foods - they originate with immigrants from somewhere else, but have developed for decades into something unique to the country, despite their foreign origin
>>
>>47961805

It is pretty good though.
>>
>>47961805
every country has a multitude of "national" foods, it's mostly traditional cuisine, and England ha had a thing for curry since the imperial age when they got it from India
>>
>>47962041

This. There's a LOT of curries in Britain that were created in and eaten pretty much exclusively in Britain. Tikka Masala is definitely a Birmingham invention for example.
Kedgeree is technically a type of curry although there's a bit of a historical discussion on exactly where it comes from.
>>
>>47961131
Who is Soros?
>>
>>47962117
I think it's Balti that's definitely brum in origin, the Tikka Masala has a few claimed places of origin, though wikipedia reckons Glasgow
>>
File: Untitled.png (342 KB, 600x423) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
342 KB, 600x423
>>47961365
Egalitarianism soothes the inept, and in exchange the inept agree not to notice that egalitarianism doesn't actually work.
Politicians need to appeal to as many people as possible, and by extension they usually appeal to the lowest common denominators.
>>
>>47962073
woops, meant colonial*
>>
>>47961805
Stealing things from other places is a fine British tradition.

Personally I'm hoping Brexit falls through so that Cameron will have tanked the world's economy in order to do nothing and then quit.
>>
>>47962167

God I love a proper Balti.
>>
>>47961805

Don't worry, they will get even more curry eaters (and pakis) now as they're about to kick all the Eastern Yuros out.
>>
>>47962139
George Soros. He's some rich bastard who lobbied pretty hard in favor of the policies that are causing so much trouble in Europe right now, just so he could make a lot more money by betting against them.
>>
>>47962041
>>47962073

I guess I just find it weird and funny since Europeans have always seemed so stuck up on their cultures.
>>
>>47962916
british culture is conquering nations and taking their shit
>>
>>47961241
>What is the Commonwealth.
>>
File: fastshow.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
fastshow.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>47961241
>Implying the EU will survive the next 5
>Implying Britain won't storm to global ascendancy with a Boris Johnson/Nigel Farage Government
>Implying they won't reform the Anglo Empire (Except Australia) and resume their rightful mission to bring the world back to how it should be.
>Implying you'll have time for models when you're running for your life from the sharp pang of our bayonets
>>
>>47960691

They took jobs the average english pleb is too arrogant to do, we in the working class have a ridiculously overblown opinion of ourselves.
>>
>>47958235
Forgeworld will be cheaper for now
>>
>>47963025
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na360I-dfXg
>>
File: Motorlaugh.png (220 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
Motorlaugh.png
220 KB, 500x334
>>47964010
>>
>>47958235
No it won't, trading will continue as it always had. Anyone who thinks that leaving the EU means the ending trade with the rest of Europe, or the world, is fucking retarded.
>>
File: fillthepork.png (254 KB, 328x500) Image search: [Google]
fillthepork.png
254 KB, 328x500
>>47963025
modern britain couldn't invade a smoked ham (and i know how much your leaders love invading hams)
>>
>>47958415
dude the pressure is not renewing ever the free-trade component, let alone letting the UK go back on the decision.

It is a "If you´re out. You. Are. Out." punishment. The consecuences will be thorough
>>
>>47960611
What? There's no referendum in sight for Italy.
Some hotheads keep spewing bullshit about it, while he second biggest Party changed their opinion three times in the last 48 hours.
If Italy leaves Europe we'll burst faster than Jugoslavia.
>>
>>47960850

In most first world countries women are allowed to run to lead, so now we have a bunch of women in most facets of politics. Now if your theory were true then these women would have a drastically higher rate of being total fuckups with no place in the political system. And there's the problem, because their rate of being total fuckups is the same rate as men. Political failure doesn't discriminate, unlike you.
>>
>>47965881
With the two new aircraft carriers they have the second best force projection capability in the world, though.
>>
>>47958235
Value of money drops
Prices go up
Value of money recovers
Higher prices stay

Prices never go back down
>>
>>47969519
No, even with their two diesel carriers they will still be less able to project power than France.
>>
>>47968770
Speaking of going back on it, it's my understanding that brexit doesn't take effect unless the PMs confirm it, and they may not be keen to. What kind of mess does going back on the referendum do?
>>
>>47969947
Prince Harry will lead a rogue SAS unit to raid number 10, kidnap David Cameron and hang him from the Tower of London. Following this, the Queen will dissolve parliament and declare Nigel Farage Prime Minister for life.
>>
>>47965881

The Pig Interferer isn't our leader for much longer
>>
>>47969947
While the referendum was only advisory, any PM elected by a region that voted primarily to leave will need a new job come the next election if he votes down the "we're out" law in parliament.

Theoretically the Queen could stop Brexit by not signing off on the law. Or at least delay until a president is elected. This power was last exercised in something like 1708.

GB also got a big packade of special rules and treatment a while back to make this whole mess not happen. They can forget about allo that now, even if they do end up staying. They've burned any shred of goodwill they had in the EU here.
>>
>>47969519
>aircraft carrier
>not just a giant target for missiles and torpedos
>>
>>47969947

if they just overruled there would be a civil war. a lot of people voted out because of a disillusionment with the political class and a sense of alienation (only going to worsen now), so if you tried to deny their voice the one time they make a stand, there will be fucking riots.

It doesn't help that these people are the least educated and economically stable so more inclined to disorder
>>
>>47961805

Ah yes, instead of fine British cuisine like salted pork, pasties, and flavorless fried bread.

A goddamn travesty that.

English food fucking sucks.
>>
>>47970265
>(only going to worsen now)
What were the brits expecting ? Crying europeans asking them to stay down on their knees ? They got what they voted for, their PM better start the exit process as soon as possible.
>>
>>47960818
Ill give you an example. Women complain that they dont make as much as men for the same job, why dont bosses just hire women if they are so cheap?
>>
>>47970324
>English food fucking sucks.
fish and chips are good
>>
>>47970324
>Needing more than the based chippy
BAIT
A
I
T
>>
>>47970352

I mean, I guess, depending on whether or not they give you greasy pieces of shit or not.
>>
Probably will kick the prices up even further. I can't imagine why people would vote Leave. Most of the places that voted hard on Leave were the ones that got the most subsidies from the EU and that UKIP cunt is backpedaling on his deal to fund the NHS. Also some people thought Leave was going to stop immigration, which is extremely hilarious.
>>
>>47959640
>Even france is having doubts

Frenchfag here. The only ones having "doubts" about Europe are the far right and far left extremists that have little chances to win any election.

Even if the far right (the most likely to win of the two) would get elected, they would need a referendum to leave the EU and most of the French people still likes the EU.
>>
>>47970680
>his deal
Given that he's not actually an MP, all he was saying was "this is where I'd spend that money* ** ***"

*If I was in power
** and if that money was actually there and able to be spent like that
***pfftt, ha, no I wouldn't, I want to privatise most of the NHS

>>47970212
Yeah, pretty much, it's "advisory" in that you'd commit career suicide by going against it
>>
>>47959640
>Even france is having doubts
France has literally no doubt nor qualms about making the UK suffer for its brexit trough. That's why they are siding with the EU leadership against Merkel's leniency.
>>
>>47970787
How does it feel having a population full of cucks?
>>
>>47960585
Nope. In fact Sadiq Khan is arguing that leaving the EU is fine for the UK, though he believes in Remain.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/tens-of-thousands-expected-to-protest-brexit-result-at-london-stays-rally-in-trafalgar-square-a7102866.html
>London Mayor Sadiq Khan said he believes Britain "can survive and prosper outside the European Union", as he called for calm after the vote.
>>
>>47970787
>little chances to win any election
Didn't they get nearly a third of the votes last time?
>>
>>47961529
>a country must be led
>ukraine free territory, anarchist spain, etc don't count lel
>>
Congrats OP, you got yet another thread full of brexit-antibrexit shitposting.
>>
>>47971498
Are you retarded? What you call "free territory" it's actually a war zone. People die.
I'm not even sure what you mean with "anarchist spain."
>>
>>47958235
you'll be able to buy GW shit for cheaper due to the pound crashing

unless they artificially inflate prices for foreign markets which is just the kind of bs move GW would do.
>>
>>47971534
Spain had a brief dalliance with anarchism not too long ago. It was a catastrophic failure and dissolved at the first outside pressure.
>>
>>47971488
As long as the 67% don't want them in charge and are ready to vote anything but them in power it doesn't matter.
>>
>>47970680
>>47970792
One of the problems with the whole campaign is there was not equal skin in the game. Boris, Farage, Rees-Mogg, etc. did not have accountability for their claims or promises in the same way Cameron did. Which doesn't excuse his awful tenure as PM.
>>
We probably see a few smug threads going "in my campaign, The Second Glorious British Empire is destroying Europe, unshackled by their laws that stop us from poisoning our rivers or their funding for our scientific research" or alternatively "In my post-apoacalyptic setting, Brexit somehow caused all nukes everywhere to explode simultaneously".
>>
>>47970324
Not seasoning your fried bread?
Why the fuck can;t you afford salt and pepper and eat it with your bacon and eggs?
>>
>>47973118
>Why the fuck can;t you afford salt and pepper and eat it with your bacon and eggs?
Because the british pound is now worth a british ounce ?
>>
File: 225px-Thomas_Paine_rev1.jpg (12 KB, 225x303) Image search: [Google]
225px-Thomas_Paine_rev1.jpg
12 KB, 225x303
>>47965881
>Shake of the dying coils of the EU
>Reform the UK as a Republic
>Politely inform the Royal Family they are no longer needed
>Become the Anglo Republic
>Restablish trade with the world
>Become successful again
>Refuse to help EU as it falls to the horde.
>>
File: Jack.jpg (26 KB, 630x390) Image search: [Google]
Jack.jpg
26 KB, 630x390
>>47973244
>Lost less than 10 pence on the pound
>Still worth more than all western fiat currenceis
>Will only get stronger with trade.
>The future is bright
>The futire is the anglo-sphere.
>>
>>47973315
Sure
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrcuWqw2tT8
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA6XcyXsxXU
>>
>>47973367
The Right is rising anon, after 24 years old, the split invoting was roughly even. People are getting fed up of the liberalization of the nation. This most recent vote proves it.

I do hope Ireland gets a vote on unification. Scotland can go back to the EU.
>>
>>47973460
The right is about as pro-immigration as the left, my man.
>>
>>47973528
>Right, anti-immagration
>Left, pro-open border
>>
>>47973609
>Right, anti-immagration
Keep telling yourself that while your right wing government imports 300k pakis and nigerians every year.
>>
>>47970787
>Frenchfag here. The only ones having "doubts" about Europe are the far right and far left extremists that have little chances to win any election.
Last time I checked the French were more euroskeptic than the British. It's just that only FN and commu-retard parties have made a Frexit part of their party politics.

Hollande doesn't want an EU referendum because he knows France will vote to pull out, and with France gone the entire EU is gone.

Britain is the match, France is the gunpowder and some men want to watch this union burn.
>>
>>47958235

Depends on the setting.
>>
>>47973703
Not him, but think about it logically. When you start out in a homogenous country, who is more likely to be in favor of mass migration from the third world? Those who represent the upper classes and business owners, ie. those who profit from cheap labor due to an increased supply for labor with an unchanging demand? Or those who support the working classes who now have to compete with these new workers?

Originally the right supported mass migration while the left supported it. The left only turned around when they figures out immigrants tend to vote left, being poor as shit and often illiterate. Now both sides want to fuck over the country.

Look at France: LR and PS are two sides of the same coin, and the "extreme" right is the only anti-establishment party.
>>
>>47960262
It's actually pretty good, as long as you can cope with snow, but, you know, since you live in Austria which, from what I remember of my one visit there, is pretty damn snowy, you should be alright.

The sun not really setting during summer is much more of a problem.
>>
>>47971875
>Boris did not have accountability for their claims or promises in the same way
>literally death threats on the street
...actually, yeah. He didn't have the same accountability. He had MORE, because angry Londoners threatening to tear him limb from limb, rather than just "fuck you cameron no votes for your party".
>>
I just want brits to trade with australia again. We get fucked in trade with asia.
>>
>>47978393

Like Boris hasn't been receiving death threats in the City of London for fucking years. He doesn't give a shit, he's gone to work on a fucking Bike in the past.
Even Cameron stopped doing that after a White Van man tried to run him off the road.
>>
>>47958235
In the short term, prices for US purchases will drop, but in the long term, it's going to be unpredictable. They could try to force customers to eat the cost of weaker trade agreements, or they could try to counter with a price point that depends more on volume, but if their history is any indication, geedubs will probably chose the former.

>>47960084
>UK is also very economically tied to Germany, being one of the pillars of Germany's entire economy.
UK WAS very economically tied to Germany. WIthout the Single Market, the London Exchange, and really the entire London financial sector, will not be the "pillar" it once was... unless the new trade deal includes inclusion in the single market, in which case what was the point of leaving?
>>
>>47961022
>All the Poles were bad workers and got fired
>somehow all these bad workers were getting fired but still held all jobs

yea you're a dumb fuck mate
>>
>>47960472
Why did Cameron quit anyway. Speaking as an American it seems kind of foolish. From what I've seen this not abnormal either. Resigning because you didn't get what you want makes it you look like you are throwing a tantrum.
>>
>>47973315

> tfw thousands invested in Australian commodities and beef exports.
> tfw Britain used to be the #1 trading partner with Aus.

I spent the whole day of the brexit rubbing my hands like the kikiest shyster the world has ever known.
>>
>>47984465
Because he fucked up.

Regardless of the end result for Britain, he brought the whole thing to the table and was highly confident that he'd get his way, then he lost.
It made him look like an idiot even more than the pig thing, and shows he doesn't have all that much control of his party.

The other big reason is that though Boris is the Tory face of the Leave campaign, there was another big name in the party on the Leave side, Michael Gove. Gove wasn't just one of his ministers, he was a pretty close personal friend - Boris has been a contender for leadership of the party for ages, but Gove essentially betrayed Cameron on a personal level.

I suspect he also doesn't want to get anything on himself if it fucks up - no one can accuse him of fucking up the way Britain leaves now, merely starting the deal
>>
>>47984465
Three things:
1) Losing a nationwide referendum can be seen as an effective loss of mandate.
2) Cameron has always been a weak PM more motivated by personal ambition than a sense of duty. The reason for this allowing this referendum was to buy him another term in parliament.
3) He leaves a poisoned chalice for any potential successor, out of bitterness.
>>
>>47986496
>Gove wasn't just one of his ministers, he was a pretty close personal friend - Boris has been a contender for leadership of the party for ages, but Gove essentially betrayed Cameron on a personal level.
Gove is the rarest of things, a Tory minister from a working class background who is motivated by principles above interests and who doesn't want to lead. Gove almost certainly viewed Cameron pulling him off the education brief (which was necessary, sure) as a similar betrayal.
>>
>>47974020
>immigrants tend to vote left

Until they've settled in, don't want more (sand) niggers shitting up the place and due to their conservative and religious world views have no need for the leftist liberal attitudes, at which point they start voting right.
>>
File: Zone_of_Truth.jpg (67 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Zone_of_Truth.jpg
67 KB, 480x480
>>47970351
>>
>>47986799
kek

On a more serious note. I don't see how anyone is actually going to believe Farage's most recent comment relating to the £350m figure. I don't think that he made a mistake at all.
>>
File: fixit.jpg (16 KB, 391x366) Image search: [Google]
fixit.jpg
16 KB, 391x366
>>47960993
I do admit that I was for EU as the concept it was sold, but today it's far from it. It's a bunch of people pushing their ideology on other people they're not accountable for. Instead of a naturally evolving system growing with feedback and needs of the situation, it's run on a top down mandates and self-serving interests.
>>
Nobody knows.
However GW is rising the prices
>>
>>47987417
Have they already?

GW raising prices is a constant we can all rely on, no matter what happens
>>
>>47958283
You're not the boss of me
>>
>>47986773
>Until they've settled in

Guess what doesn't happen?
>>
>>47960450

I read a book on the invention of mauve. It's kind of depressing, the British came up with most of the science behind chemical dyes, but it was the Germans who exploited it and built massive fucking industries off of it. Same seems to be the case with a lot of our scientific discoveries.
>>
File: remainiacs.png (299 KB, 1009x788) Image search: [Google]
remainiacs.png
299 KB, 1009x788
>>47986930
People will believe anything.
>>
>>47987618
Yes, it's not like there's non-white business owners, etc. in white countries, right? All non-whites are just sucking on the welfare teat not doing anything.

There's non-whites in the EDL and there's Hispanics who support Trump's wall.
>>
File: Filthy foreigners.jpg (830 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
Filthy foreigners.jpg
830 KB, 1200x800
>>47987618
It can and does happen, but it helps if the community is not being constantly reinforced with newcomers so that immigrants are forced to adapt to their new environment without being able to fall back on the old ways of life. Enclaves are almost bound to happen as people try to stay within a community that understands their language and cultural norms, but if you can stop them from being completely self-sustaining it does help integration because they still need to find jobs, food etc. outside the enclave, and their children are more likely to be brought up in the host culture's values.

Where it's gone a bit wrong is having very large immigrant communities that don't have to rely on services outside the enclave that have constant reinforcement of the mother culture and (thanks to advances in digital tech and cheap & easy travel) much more contact with the "homeland". They never fully adapt, and most don't want to. I speak, of course, of British Ex-pats in Spain.
>>
>>47988250
Who care about what they do in life? When third generation immigrants still refer to their grandparent's country as "their" country, refuse to speak the local language or assimilate in (or fuck, just RESPECT) the local culture; then they haven't 'settled in' whether billionaires ore welfare queens.

That first-generation immigrants still long for their country they had to leave, sure. But not two generations (or more) down the line when they never set foot in said fucking shithole!
>>
>>47959602

Germans export 7% of their total exports to UK.

UK exports almost 70% of it's total exports to EU.

Who do you think will suffer more?
>>
>>47960262
> together with metal and drinking in the woods

You seem cool.
>>
>>47988312
Manufacturing, services or both?
>>
>>47961022
>Polanball
>Ivan
It's probably good for you that you've never met, been in the same place, or seen a Pole in your life as they would fuck your shit right up for conflating them with Russians.
>>
>>47962916
>>47962955
Specifically stealing shit from India is basically 80+% of English culture. We were so good at it, that we didn't just steal everything that wasn't nailed down, we also stole their country itself, then got sick of how shit it was, built all their infrastructure they basically still rely on, established tons of tea plantations that are still their best legal export, then stole their food and fixed that by putting forbidden meats in it.

In return we offered them the glorious gift of soap and toilets, but they were rejected.
>>
>>47970212
>Theoretically the Queen could stop Brexit by not signing off on the law.
*Theoretically* the Queen could also unilaterally leave the EU at any time as the entire operation of parliament is technically advisory.
>>
>>47987707
>People will believe anything.
>People
>everyone in pic related is an ignorant headscarf
>>
File: Pyramid of ._..png (165 KB, 777x656) Image search: [Google]
Pyramid of ._..png
165 KB, 777x656
>>47970351
Because they don't think women are as good, regardless of the facts. It's not that they sit down and think "I can pay Sally 10% less. Savings!" it's that they think Sally is worth 10% less, even when Sally is just as good as John. They've done a bunch of studies where they send out identical resumes, except with a different name at the top - and blokes' names consistently get better offers.

Choices make up some of the gap (figures vary depending on other factors taken into account), but even taking them into account, there's still a pay gap. You think that statisticians haven't thought about that shit already? The fact that identical resumes with ladies' names don't do as well shows that there's some problem at play. Just because some people don't do numbers well and give shitty numbers doesn't mean that the opposing argument is right.
>>
>>47988931
Forgot a linky
https://www.glassdoor.com/research/studies/gender-pay-gap/

Also, fuck quotas. In 99+% of situations they're the wrong fucking tool*. Explicit support networks and stuff like pay transparency work better and are less disruptive.

*For extreme situations where blatant discrimination is obvious, it can help a small number get in the door at the lowest levels. Above that, it's usually counterproductive.
>>
>>47970351
>The government is obliged to influence your life decisions to get you a better job
They're right. %200 #triggered
>>
>>47959548
>the EU imposing harsh terms
Honestly, the loss of immigration control and the control over a good chunk of their legislative combined with an inveitable influx of more nonwhite former Commonwealth citizens should be punishing enough. Especially since the Brexit-group told folks that that was why they should be voting.
>>
>>47960371
>and since its pretty obvious to me they left because they were sick of other countries telling them whats best for their country

Yes, when everybody told the Brits: "You srs about letting all those Poles in? We provided you with means to control migration for almost a decade, you know? Look at us, we're all using them." they were like: "OPEN THE FLOODGATES."

Clearly the problem was everyone else.
>>
>>47987673
The Germans invented Lager, but the Belgians made it go global.
>>
>>47988305
I think you're mixing "settled in" and "integrated". What I mean by "settled in" is that they have things going for them and are contributing in some way to society. They have a job, house, maybe family, etc. They have interest in not seeing the whole place go to shit, no matter how they perceive the population they live in. A Vietnamese store owner would not want a bunch of rowdy sand niggers shitting up the neighborhood anymore than a born and bred local with a lineage going back to the middle ages.
>>
>>47988931
Clearly, we need to force women to be garbagepeople, truck drivers and miners until the pay gap settles itself.
>>
>>47988312
>UK exports almost 70% of it's total exports to EU.

You got a source for that?
>>
>>47958283
YOU DON'T EVEN NEED THE OTHER BOARDS.
>>
>>47959548
>the EU imposing harsh terms on the UK gives the anti-EU crowd a ton of ammunition.

And the EU giving equal opportunities without equal obligations to a country that voted out surely will only keep the euroskeptic voices at bay.

In the end, no matter what happens, the EU will lose face to the british and most euroskeptics.
Give good deal (against their own interests) = "Fucking told you so, EU is a sinking ship, UK STRONG/LEAVE EU NOW!"
Give functional Norwegian type deal = "Why the fuck should we pay to access the EU market/meet EU standards, I voted out of that crap, this is EU punishing us for exercising our democratic right"
Give harsh deal = "Literally the dawn of the 4th Reich"
>>
>>47989148
>A Vietnamese store owner
Viets integrate, though. They take gas station jobs or jobs that soft-require you to be Asian ("Chinese" restaraunts, "Japanese" grills, actual Vietnamese places), or where it's a bonus (Electronics or tech job). They learn just enough English to be barely comprehensible and spend their days being tiny and angry, but they integrate and become part of the community.
>>
>>47989078
Nobody denies that Labour threw us into a pit out of pure reality-denying faggoty idealism, anon.

The issue is how to fix this shit now that we're in the pit already. At this point the EU wouldn't let us put a curb in place and even if we had done once, probably it would have just delayed the inevitable in terms of the torrent of slavs.
>>
>>47989260
>giving equal opportunities without equal obligations

The UK loses its opportunity to influence EU government. It's not just about the money. They lose a vote in exchange for not being forced to adhere to those laws.

Trade is only one of the facets, and is the one both sides will be most keen to maintain.
>>
>>47960262
Norway, is that the country that is paying out of the ass to have access to the EU common market and still have to adhere to its rules without a say ?
>>
>>47989318
>influence EU government

Yeah, because we see how well individuals countries can influence the EU. UK has been on the losing side of many votes. They've already lost their influence.
>>
>>47989262
And how much does this foreign immigrant want to vote lefties who want to bring sand niggers into the country?
>>
>>47989552
They're generally super fucking Catholic, so generally Muslims are the last thing they want around. Other than that they vary about as much as anyone else.
>>
>>47973941
>because he knows France will vote to pull out
64% would vote remain according to polls.

>>47974020
Please show me on the graph where did the left flood the country with immigrants, please ?
>>
>>47989683
>super fucking Catholic

Which goes well with liberal ideals of equal marriage, abortion, etc.
>>
>>47989521
>>47989318
>implying EU members can actually influence the decision making of EU to any meaningful degree.
The parliament of EU, to which the representatives of EU countries are elected for, can't even make laws, or overturn bad ones. They have very, very little power there.
>>
>>47989852
>Implying Merikkan Catholics aren't super hypocritical and don't basically put their hands to their ears and Hail Mary whenever Rome says something they don't like.
>>
Can we get back on topic?
Will GW shit become even pricier???
>>
>>47988702

Yeah, but last time a Royal took that option Cromwell took his head and nearly made the place the Republic of Nofunallowsia.
>>
>>47992289
Will the pope shit in the woods?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.