[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>DM has a thing for centaurs >Enjoys his chinese cartoons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 19
File: Feild_cera.jpg (25 KB, 250x344) Image search: [Google]
Feild_cera.jpg
25 KB, 250x344
>DM has a thing for centaurs
>Enjoys his chinese cartoons a little too much
>Introduces us to our guild's boss, if it's not pic related it's her fucking sister
>Starts getting pissy when my rogue tries to ride her
>"only her master can ride her"
>"well shit who's her master?"
>"me"
>Have to spend the rest of the game limiting my shenanigans else I'll get kicked out for disrespecting the fucker's waifu

Anyone else had a DM get possessive of a character?
>>
If she's the guild's boss, I'd be more concerned about her ordering her minions to take you out into some alley and beat you for insolence. That, or just kicking you in the head.
>>
>>47955051
>kicked for disrespecting a woman
>and a fictional woman at that
Just leave. You're playing with a bunch of compulsive woman-respecters.
>>
>>47955051
>not going MAXIMUM SHENANIGANS once you find out it's a waifu

I'm disappointed OP.
>>
>>47955051
Ride her. Then "ride" her. It's the only way to win. He'll kick you out, alright. But that won't unfuck his waifu
>>
>>47955051
>receive consequences for trying to fuck with a higher-status npc
>I better whine about this on the 4chins

go back to playing bad video games if that's all your mind is capable of understanding
>>
>>47955051
Just keep rolling your dice until you get a natural 20, then announce that you just rolled a natural 20 to seduce her. Not even the DM could argue with that.
>>
>>47955152
I've quietly broached the topic of glue factory with some of the other guys but I'm kind of an outsider in this group and solo shenanigans sounds depressing.
>>
>>47955165
That's it though, I'd be fine if she kicked me to death or demoted me or whatever, but the DM just told me I wasn't allowed to do it. That's a tad too much like a video game.
>>
>>47955139

>compulsive woman-respecters
>>
>>47955255
You're not being creative enough.
>Hang "Free pony rides!" sign outside the guildhouse
>Buy the mangiest horse in town, present it to her, and proclaim "Hark, I have found thee a husband!"
>Make jokes about whoever has to muck out her stable
>Constant horse puns.

Who cares if you get kicked out? It sounds like a shitshow anyway.
>>
>>47955283

You are pissed off that the DM doesn't want to cancel the game because you can't not harass a centaur lass?

Grow up.

And figure out a way where you ride the centaur is required to not have the story die.
>>
>>47955343
You're trying real hard to be offended by this but that last bit's a great idea. How would I go about it though?
>>
>>47955392

Fuck if I know,

I was just pointing out why your GM wouldn't want to rocks fall you.

And giving you an obvious secret goal, your cad.
>>
File: 1457089566351.jpg (59 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1457089566351.jpg
59 KB, 720x480
>>47955322

This.

Any DM who waifus one of his own PCs and doesn't let anything bad happen to her, deserves to be mocked and fucked with for the entirety of the game.

NPCs only exist in your mind, he's basically marrying a part of his own mind which is fucked up. I've developed fondness for PCs and NPCs, but this level of attachment is just stupid.

Some other ideas:
>Buy horse themed items like magic saddles and shit and loudly lament that you can't use them, even when presented with an actual horse
>Have your character die/commit suicide and roll a centaur girl PC who's a parody of his harem anime waifu

The dude's placing the importance of his NPC over the characters' stories, that's a fire-able DM offense IMO.
>>
>>47955164
This.

Just stare the GM down as you roll to see how hard you fuck his waifu.
>>
>>47956136
>Start a rumor that she's into fisting because no normal man could possibly satisfy her.
>Popularize spurs in the guild's town
>Buy the party a good meal, and get her a bucket of oats.
>>
File: 1458250083886.jpg (48 KB, 437x471) Image search: [Google]
1458250083886.jpg
48 KB, 437x471
>>47955164
>>47955322
>>47956136
>>47956403
Absolutely based. All of you.

>follow her with a broom and dustbin
>summon pony familiar and say you found her long lost son
>hang sign on her tail when she's not looking "she winks from behind too"
>make it a habit to wear spurs and boots whenever you're in the guild
>>
>>47955051
>Make a bland, nondescript Male Human Fighter
>Throw everything on CON
>Get some CON modifier to CHA checks feat
>Fuck his waifu
>Fuck everyone else's waifu too
>>
>/tg/ encouraging That Guy behavior just because the DM might be That DM

If it bothers so much, just leave. This isn't group for you. Don't ruin the other players' (presumably) good fun by getting into a pissing contest with the DM. The drama isn't worth it.
>>
>>47957963
I'd do this but make the male human fighter a male centaur fighter
>>
File: No Fun.jpg (89 KB, 488x516) Image search: [Google]
No Fun.jpg
89 KB, 488x516
>>47958472
>Being an in-game prankster is now That Guy behavior

Learn to take a joke, you pissy faggot. It doesn't impact the game at all.
>>
>>47955051
What the fuck is up with people suggesting you go full THAT GUY in this thread? This is why you people can't find lasting groups.

On the other hand, that DM is being a moron for being foolish enough to have a character he cares about anywhere near a PC. Why not talk it out with him? If he's not willing to retcon her away and replace with somebody more palatable like generic male mcgee, you could simply leave.

>>47958628
>joke
>it doesn't impact
You are actively antagonizing the DM, you retard.
>>
>>47958628

Every THAT GUY thinks that they're the Chris Rock of tabletop gaming, never realizing that the only one laughing is themselves.

Seriously, interrupting game to spout some unfunny quip or describe some lolsorandumbxD bullshit just takes away from game, especially when the GM isn't in on the joke and you're actively pissing them off.

Fucking tard.

>inb4 no fun allowed THAT GUY detected xD
>>
>>47958669
>>47958702
>ANTI-FUN DEFENSE FORCE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You must seriously be a big hit at parties guys. Jesus, lighten the fuck up.
>>
>>47958715

>ANTI-FUN DEFENSE FORCE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fucking called it.

Everyone else's fun>Your fun
>>
>>47958715
maybe
maybe if the DM's behavior bothers you

maybe u should talk it over with him
and if that doesn't work maybe u should leave the group??
being a cunt for no reason isn't cool or le epic, you're literally just going to become your group's That Guy
>>
>>47958715

Spoiler alert: You're not funny, you're not endearing, you're not cheeky, and you're not even likeable.

Your plan will either succeed, derail the campaign for everyone else, kicked out of the group, and blacklisted from every other game in the immediate area or your plan will fail, you'll look like a retard, kicked out of the group, and blacklisted from every other game in the immediate area.

It's not worth it.
>>
File: 1384447615613.jpg (60 KB, 420x443) Image search: [Google]
1384447615613.jpg
60 KB, 420x443
>>47955051
OP you sound like a giant faggot.

That is all.
>>
Sounds really autistic.
>>
>>47959000
Yeah, the player throwing a fit because the DM didn't let him do whatever he wanted is pretty worthless, I agree.
>>
>>47959020
Of course he played a rouge. No one interesting ever plays a rouge, it's like the katana of d&d classes.
>>
>Everyone screeching THAT GUY over some jokes

http://pastebin.com/fQznfqkQ
>>
>>47959033
that wasn't worth a pastebin
>>
>>47955124
You failed to see the problem. It's the DM weeaboo love in game meaning your new god and fuck your character now worship your great and amazing DM

I say kill his horse bitch (probably cant) and leave them bitches.
>>
>>47959033
>I-It's a joke!!!!
The empty defense of every That Guy ever.
>>
>>47959048
You're pretty stupid, and paranoid to boot.
>>
>>47959033

>It's just a prank bro!
>>
>>47959048

Or you could stop being an asshole and leave due to disinterest.
>>
>>47959068
I fail to see any paranoia in my post.

>>47959084
That's basically what I said.
>>
>>47959051
>It's n-n-not funny guys!
>Don't make fun of my w-waifuuuuuuu!

The empty defense of every salty little triggered bitch ever.
>>
>>47959033
>38 replies
>22 posters
It's a samefag, anon.
>>
>>47955255
>Outsider
>Plays Rogue
Everything checks out here.
>>47959030
Pretty much this, desu desu.

>>47955051
You sound like a dick, and your DM is a huge bitch. Should just be a barbarian, cast barbarian rage, then decapitate the bitch. Problem solved.

(On a serious note, I do recommend you get a new DM. That is one of the worse DM's I've read about in a while. If they have personal favorite NPCs, they generally aren't much fun to play with.)
>>
>>47959109
Good call.
>>
>>47959099
>It's the DM weeaboo love in game meaning your new god and fuck your character now worship your great and amazing DM
As I said, you're stupid. Good thing nobody has to deal with you in actually playing games.

>>47959106
See above, it applies about as well to you.
>>
>>47956403

Shouldn't a centaur be into fisting as a matter of necessity?
>>
File: Butt hurt.jpg (356 KB, 1214x1239) Image search: [Google]
Butt hurt.jpg
356 KB, 1214x1239
>>47959121
i fail to see how someone being salty about dudes shit taking wafius applies to me who is shit talking wafius.

nigger im not wrong or stupid you clearly dont understand what this thread is about or have any idea what a DM character can be or what a DM wafiu can mean. in OPs story its the worst case seniaro.

and i dont know what makes you think i dont play in campains ATM i play with plenty of people. one of my old DMs had this problem and always used guilds who had control of the world. my party caught on to it and said fuck no do something else. and the DM went out of his way to fuck our characters and we doped him.

why dose my pic relate to you? cant you be more chill?
>>
>>47959185
Thank you for proving me right, you simpleton. You're paranoid over one single DM and assume any case of somebody not letting a player fuck around is secretly wanting to control the world.
>>
>>47955051

Kill the fuck out of her and then get out of that shitty DM's group.
>>
>>47955051
>kick out
he can't kick you out if you leave like you should have a while ago.
>>
File: 1463084740409.jpg (78 KB, 861x564) Image search: [Google]
1463084740409.jpg
78 KB, 861x564
>>47959206
what are you going on about? i posted an example and the OP has made it rather evident. its not being paranoid if you dont give a fuck till its actively bothering you. your clearly a butthur bitch about something. and are no better then a a wall with your opinions.

im sick of your bait im done. peace nigga
>>
File: kill everyone itt.gif (143 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
kill everyone itt.gif
143 KB, 500x281
>>
>>47956136
>Any DM who waifus one of his own PCs and doesn't let anything bad happen to her, deserves to be mocked and fucked with for the entirety of the game.
I now feel less bad for the horrific things I do to the NPCs I like
>>
>>47955051
I let my waifu NPC get captured, tortured and have her tongue and tendons severed, but this pussy ass nigga won't even let you ride his horsebitch?
>>
>That Guy and That GM are in the same game
>>
>>47959697
In the source material the DM apparently ripped off, centaurs are really sensitive about being ridden. It's where the "only her master can ride her" thing comes from.

The DM could just be keeping her in character. We don't know for sure either way.
>>
Hello, I'm the OP, and I haven't been on this thread for some time. Anyone you think you've been arguing with hasn't been me. The DM's a good guy if you look past the waifu shit, and I'm not interested in derailing his game. I just wanted to share my story of a DM that got too attached to a character. That is all.
>>
>>47960118
Well, as >>47959908 points out, the source material of the character states that riding on the back of a centaur is basically a marriage proposal, so it's probably understandable that she's reject such an idea. The DM themselves objecting is such a way is sort of silly, though.

Also, unless the DM when full plotarmor Mary Sue with her, you should be fine with shenanigans. Just don't jump on her back. I think that you'd probably dislike the results if she accepts it even more than if the DM gets pissed. (Imagine what you'd need to go through if you were officially wed to the DM's pet NPC!)
>>
In my Pathfinder game, we're playing Curse of the Crimson Throne.

One of my players is a Hellknight who has a commanding officer who is a female centaur. From almost the very beginning of the game, there was an ongoing joke of the two of them getting together. The Hellknight kept refusing, but funnily enough, near the end of the campaign, he saw some official art of her and seems to have changed his mind.

The fact that I have a fetish for Centaurs has nothing to do with this, it just pleases me.
>>
>>47955051

You know, I wonder if that's a vaguely racist slur. Like if a girl had dog-ears, and you asked her to 'fetch'. Is the equivalent of asking a black man if he enjoys fried chicken and watermelon?
>>
>>47963369
I'd tentatively say yes.
>>
>>47955051
>try to mount the CEO of the company you work at
>make a shitthread to complain when it doesn't end well
Are you literally retarded?
>>
>>47963706
>try to mount the CEO of the company you work at
>God comes down from the heavens to tell you no because she's his waifu
>>
>>47955051
>Starts getting pissy when my rogue tries to ride her
If I were a centaur, I wouldn't find it very funny if a human tried to ride me, even if I didn't live in a world where only a centuar's human liege were allowed to ride them.

Your DM sounds like a faggot, especially since you're implying he has a DMPC, but you kind of sound like a faggot too desu.
>>
>>47955139
>Compulsive women respecters.

That takes top mark for most Autistic post I've seen this month.
>>
>>47967556
yo man! i dont respect women! i just have sex with them!
>>
>>47956136
>>47955152
Does anyone have the greentext where the barbarian PC climbs a tree and double taps the GM'S rogue waifu npc? The GM freaks out and calls him out for it afterwards
>>
>>47967811
why dose the tree climbing happen? what dose it have to do with fucking with the GMs wafiu? i wana read that shit!
>>
>"me"
This is weapons grade

The real play here is to mock the GM. Not his Waifu, him. Whoever is running the game clearly isn't worth your time but some of the other players might be decent guys. If they rally around their retard then they're all lost souls.

Whatever happens this is your last session. Salvage what you can from it and move on. Minimum takeaway for lost time should be a good story to tell future groups of.

>inb4 Asperger Defence Force

Men break each others balls. We do it because we don't want our friends to behave in a pathetic manner. And this shit is fucking pathetic.

>B-but what if there is a girl
In this story, no one talk to girls. Ever.
>>
File: KIARA.png (154 KB, 1222x1077) Image search: [Google]
KIARA.png
154 KB, 1222x1077
>>47967843
FOUND IT
>>
>>47967619
https://youtu.be/qqXi8WmQ_WM
>>
>>47967958
What I don't understand is why don't these guys give their waifus a way out. Like a teleportation ring or something
>>
File: destroy_lives__have_fun.jpg (173 KB, 933x617) Image search: [Google]
destroy_lives__have_fun.jpg
173 KB, 933x617
>>47968143
Honestly, maybe he feared he would be called out for it then?
>>
>>47955139
The term is "white knights" darling.
>>
>>47968180
At this point you'd figure they'd have zero shame
>>
File: 1461294682175.jpg (133 KB, 728x636) Image search: [Google]
1461294682175.jpg
133 KB, 728x636
>>47968143
If Rule 0 for players is "The DM's word is law," Rule 0 for DMs should be "Never put anything in front of players that you would be deeply upset if they destroyed."

Players are like if the Mongol Empire had crossbred with Tyranids, a force of nature that one can shepherd, even direct, but never truly control. A good game, IMO, is based on the GM creating a setting and a hook, and then letting the players off the leash. Attempting to DMPC/railroad the party into submission will only lead to Tyrannomongol destruction, and the players will never, ever follow the instructions in your head 100% of the time.
>>
How do you guys feel about putting some restrictions on backgrounds and alignments on the party for a new world
>>
File: kek.gif (3 MB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
3 MB, 480x320
>>47968303

>Players are like if the Mongol Empire had crossbred with Tyranids

>Tyrannomongol destruction
>>
File: 1443029340049.png (159 KB, 2260x626) Image search: [Google]
1443029340049.png
159 KB, 2260x626
>>47968327
For the group I ForeverDM for, I usually allow whatever, but they have to have at least some kind of common ground.

"You are the recently hired crew of a pirate ship."

"You are a group of convicts currently trapped in a wagon headed to jail."

"You are the latest levied infantry company in the lord's militia."

"You are treasure hunters looking for the Lost McGuffin."

This lets the players do whatever they want with regards to personalities and background, and they really only have to justify it in terms of "And now I ended up here." It also lets me introduce the thrust of the plot that we (I usually pitch plots to the players before a game) have decided on.
>>
>>47968327
Makes sense in some cases. Some classes are just mechanically bonkers if you don't know the system, and some backgrounds are a gallon jug of worms if you don't know the lore.

Case in point: try letting a first time Exalted player build a Sidereal.

Come to think of it, try letting a first time Exalted player build fucking anything.
>>
>>47968402
>>47968390

I was thinking of not allowing the group to be evil because I've played with these guys before and they can't handle an all evil party.
>>
>>47968390
This is a good practice, and helps to prevent all kinds of headache about motivating the party to stick together and going to places.
>>
>>47955164
this
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 514x536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 514x536
>>47955139
Honestly anon, I'm impressed. This is advanced autism
>>
>only her master can ride her
sounds like a lasso, some spurs, a rodeo daredevils soul, and a 20 on a grapple check is all it takes to steal this guys girl.
>>
>>47968390
New to tabletop, can you explain what a "McGuffin" is? Some sort of plot device, I assume?
>>
>>47968714
A McGuffin is the thing that you need to advance the plot, it's the object the story needs to exist in order for the story to follow its pursuit by characters.

For example, the Dark Lord Rekkimus might be bearing down the world licking his chops and already preparing fliers for the after-conquest barbecue grillout, but he has a secret weakness; if you point the Golden Idol of Plot at him, he evaporates.

The story is then about the protagonist's journey to recover the Golden Idol while avoiding roadblocks set up by the antagonist, and the idol itself is a McGuffin.
>>
File: me.png (141 KB, 426x220) Image search: [Google]
me.png
141 KB, 426x220
>>47968753
Thank you so much, that makes ALOT of sense !
>>
>>47955051
Get the fuck out while you still can.
>>
>>47955051
Think you can beat her in a fight? If so knock her out, tie her up, and do as you please. Maybe play like a kid on a rocking horse but with excessive use of riding crop and "giddyup!". Make sure the DM is rolling openly as well. If he "rocks fall you die" just cut your losses and leave. At least you made as open a statement about the state of the game without being an entirely utter ass.
>>
>>47971047

>Derail game to beat up an NPC as a show of dominance.
>Not making an utter ass out of yourself.

Protip: Nobody wants to sit around doing nothing while you and the GM get into a cock measuring contest.

The GM may be shit but you'd be no better, in fact, you'd be worse since you're actively derailing game because you, personally, disagree with the GM.
>>
>>47971735
I said an "utterly entire ass". You can be an entire ass derailing a game but not an utterly entire ass, by reckoning. I'm not even sure being an utterly entire ass is mathematically possible. As such you are as in the green as anyone else could be in any other given situation until we have an achieved an objective and proven correct view on right and wrong.
>>
File: ohmy.png (411 KB, 662x662) Image search: [Google]
ohmy.png
411 KB, 662x662
>"me"
>>
>>47967980
This sounds very Lonely Island-esque
>>
>>47972053
>entire thread full of people desperately defending waifushit in tabletop games. GM waifushit of all things.
>>
I'm starting to think either OP was the DM and some other guy was the rogue, OR none of this ever happened and OP just wanted to fantasize about a anime centaur girl in an RPG.
>>
>>47972222
Does it matter?
>>
>"me"
Make up an excuse and leave the campaign along with DM forever. Trust me, you'll thank your decision later. That breed of people aren't healthy to share any activity with, tabletop or otherwise.
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.