[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you happen to know where I could find some pointers for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1342354343305.jpg (103 KB, 500x540) Image search: [Google]
1342354343305.jpg
103 KB, 500x540
Would you happen to know where I could find some pointers for playing a character with slightly below average intelligence? I'm having a hard time finding a comfortable middle ground between completely normal person and GROK NOT UNDERSTAND.
>>
Mimic Facebookers
>>
File: book.jpg (24 KB, 232x307) Image search: [Google]
book.jpg
24 KB, 232x307
>>47953658
>>
This would all be going down in a generic sword and sorcery setting, if that helps.
>>
>>47953658
just b urself
>>
>>47953700
I came so close to putting that in the OP.
>>
File: Peggy_hill.jpg (7 KB, 211x239) Image search: [Google]
Peggy_hill.jpg
7 KB, 211x239
>>47953658
You suffer from the Donning Kreuger effect a lot. There's a certain level of idiocy where you don't realise you're an idiot. As such, you think you're actually slightly above average intelligence simply because you're too stupid to realise how little you know about anything.

Pic related. You don't have to be nearly as annoying as her of course, that would suck.
>>
>>47953705
the answer was inside you all along
>>
>>47953658
>GROK NOT UNDERSTAND.
Uh, pick /some things/ you don't understand?

People in real life can be good at say, English, and suck at.. remembering things or rote type learning. Or maybe Math is absolutely confounding, or your character believes in a truly fanciful notion of how natural things work.
>Party tries to logic something with gravity, Grok believes things fall when gods are angry, best not to meddle in making the gods angry for fun.

For the most part I'd consider any simple tool elementary enough for anyone to understand. Levers, wheels, fulcrums. Pulley systems might be understandable, but not a first conclusion to make.

Just pick something more specific that you can comfortably weave into the narrative often enough to show what you want (Slightly dim?), just don't be overwhelming or idiotic.
>>
>>47953658
> Would you happen to know where I could find some pointers for playing a character with slightly below average intelligence?
Just be yourself.

>>47953705
> I came so close to putting that in the OP.
Well, just roll d6 whenever important stuff comes up and go retard on 1.
>>
A humble, salt of the earth dumb who accepts they're not quite as quick as the woman, but is always cheerful and ready to help.
>>
File: jack_chick_dark_dungeons.jpg (151 KB, 476x508) Image search: [Google]
jack_chick_dark_dungeons.jpg
151 KB, 476x508
>>47953658
>where I could find some pointers for playing a character with slightly below average intelligence?

Become a jesus christian?

I mean, the bible already tells the tale that the guy whom is praised as the true saviour will be the fake and the guy who is considered the devil, the prince of demons and beelzebub) will be the true God (this would be Satan, yes).

This is jack chick, very popular among roleplayers because of how accurately he depicts roleplaying since you learn magic by rolling dice.

Also, normally, low intellect can affect you in several ways, not in the most evident ones, you may think it affects understanding, and yet this would be not true as some people are favored in different aspects of their intellect, so thread with care here, first, choose a type of intellecet, google it, and choose how gimped the guy would be in this aspect.

I hope you faggot choose Satan, as I don't like being of any help to servants of the devil, get cancer if you are of jesus.
>>
Yuuko seems like she'd be pretty good inspiration herself. >>47953710 seems true as well, although I don't know if literally anybody with "below average" intelligence counts as an idiot
>>
>>47955156
Idiot isn't a scientific term.
>>
>>47955402
Well, of course not, but even then it still seems like a bit much
>>
>>47955402
Look up the etymology, it was once upon a time
>>
>>47953658
play it as a normal person, but when you think of a plan and think "wait no that would be stupid" roll with it
>>
>>47953658
I played a really low Intelligence character in World of Darkness, ran into the same problem.

How I handled it was my character had very little concept of consequence and chains of causality. He was just extremely shortsided in his actions. All the fucking time.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.