[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It's another "lol so randumb I laugh about murder!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: bored anime girl.jpg (160 KB, 800x832) Image search: [Google]
bored anime girl.jpg
160 KB, 800x832
>It's another "lol so randumb I laugh about murder! XD" character
>>
>>47953212
Player character should be able to take (or at least attempt) any action. It's up to GM to answer with corresponding consequences.

If you think one loonie that would most likely need to be put down halfway through the first session is threat to your story / setting / vision, you're not fit to be GM and should go write a book instead.
>>
>>47953212
>It's another epic game where they get all the fucking perfect fucking answers
>And you get shit
<3 <3 <3 this fucking cuck RNG and this is the reason why GOOD players only play cuck rng games where RNG dogshit is near zero IE legacy, pauper and vintage.
>>
>>47953212
well I can see how the over-representation of whimsical murder happy Jokers could get you down, especially if you consider yourself "above" that preteen trope and having your gaming persona within proximity of that gaming persona is a threat to your security in your own identity.

but like

let them?

well in real life WHO DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO SIGN UP TO WANDER THE COUNTRY SIDE KILLING MONSTERS AND BANDITS? fucking them that's who. no one with a conventional attitude towards killing and their own safety. maybe the teehee factor is played up, but what setting couldn't use the occasional Boarderlands "I LOVE IT WHEN THEY SPLATTER!!!" every now and then? I'll tell you what setting, not yours, not anymore at least. :P

>F is for Friends who do stupid stuff together
>F is for just have Fun
>F is for anyone, anywhere at all, here in the chill as Fuck and ready for a good time table top community~

don't worry, F is for Fabulous
>>
>lol so randumb I laugh about murder! XD
>lol my character is the most attractive and wants to fuck everyone XDD
>lol I minmaxed to fuck and I have a small army of people with higher stats than all of you XDD
>lol I'm also at starting level and have better equipment than all of you XDD

literally all three for one of the characters. Thank god the game enocurages shitting on your friends, because I am making it my mission to kill them.
>>
>>47953212
Yuri Lowell is a dude, and he's not afraid to murder people in cold blood when he feels like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhP9Ski2_2o
>>
>>47954593
>WANDER THE COUNTRY SIDE KILLING MONSTERS AND BANDITS
get better at playing games if this is the only possible explanation for adventuring you can come up with
>>
>>47953242
>I have never played a tabletop roleplaying game before

/tg/.
>>
>sociopathic pansexual character based on a meme i saw this week
Every time this one player comes to the table. If they weren't a decent friend off the table and my group wasn't starved for members this wouldn't be happening.
>>
File: barmaid.jpg (152 KB, 754x1058) Image search: [Google]
barmaid.jpg
152 KB, 754x1058
>It's another "muscle slab cudgel barbarian who seduces all the bar wenches" character
>>
>>47955173
The problem with "lul I murder him" isn't that it's common or even that it's particularly uncreative. That's kind of annoying, maybe, but in general most non-autistic people are fine with archetypical characters.

The problem is that the characters and players are always anti-social, in that they prohibit the role playing and roll playing of the other people at the table. They also very frequently will turn their antics on other players if they feel they aren't getting enough of a reaction and once that happens the entire point of tabletop roleplaying just breaks down. Unless you can keep them in line and put up with their needlessly homicidal tendencies, or just keep their incessant need for cheap laughs and attention fed, they ruin games.
>>
>>47955229
Just give them a warning. Then kill the PC when they go too far anyway and have player sit out the rest of the session. Rinse and repeat until they change their ways or quit.
>>
File: 1458264563291.png (168 KB, 369x367) Image search: [Google]
1458264563291.png
168 KB, 369x367
>>47954621
>four lines of greentext
>literally all three
>>
File: 1465190297608.jpg (118 KB, 596x356) Image search: [Google]
1465190297608.jpg
118 KB, 596x356
>my character takes everything very literally
>>
>>47955260
Or just not put up with it to begin with when you see very obvious and very preventable signs of something that's only going to be a negative.

I like feel like I'm playing with adults whose behavior I don't have to police in order for everyone to have a productive and enjoyable evening.
>>
>it's another "long bearded grog-swilling elf-hating scottish dwarf brandishing a battleaxe" character
We have a soft ban on dwarves at my table.
>>
>>47955306
>I like feel like I'm playing with adults whose behavior I don't have to police
I wouldn't expect that to happen on regular basis. Not in this hobby.
>>
>>47955331
I've never play one or with one.
>>
File: 1322195742435.png (288 KB, 591x436) Image search: [Google]
1322195742435.png
288 KB, 591x436
>>47953212

>it's another 'breaks the 4th wall doesn't take the campaign seriously' character

The absolute worst
>>
>>47955276
Well clearly HE is one of the four.
>>
>>47953212
Honestly, she's cute but vigilantism and "the end justifies the means" morality ain't right
>>
>>47955331
>long bearded
>grog-swilling
>elf-hating
>scottish
>dwarf
>brandishing a battleaxe

I'm guilty of 4.5/6. He it was too well traveled to really hate much, and it was a warhammer, not an axe. Just an exile looking for his lost daughter for decades, trying to keep his spirits up and maintain some part of his lost culture.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.