[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WINGS OF WAR!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: stay plen.jpg (58 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
stay plen.jpg
58 KB, 800x600
How many of you friends play it? What are the alternatives? This game looks pretty neat both ww1 and 2, I just know nothing about dogfight tg's except for X-Wing
>>
this game is what Xwing payed to use the rules for. its good theres a WW1 one that's better thou the ww2 one was sorta a halfway step that failed and that's why they sold the rules to starwars. Wings of glory is literally the perfect dogfighting game and it has the best cards and minis and huge bombers and stuff. you can actually use cards from any of the "wings" serires together just mix them up and pretend its cards against humanity.

I own all of these and have for years and larph at people who say xwing is the new best game. this rulesets been around for a ALONG time. and its great. ww1 trenchs and ww2 countryside and clifs make great gamign mats. but I mostly play over the water from my dreadfleet
>>
>>47953443
>this game is what Xwing payed to use the rules for
You don't need to pay to use rules. Rules are not capable of being copyrighted. Did they just pay the company to take care of adapting the rules to X-Wing and that's what you meant?
>>
>>47951178

The WW2 version is pap. Which is a shame as I'd love a decent WW2 Dogfighting Game... well, that isn't X-Wing.

The WW1 one is great silly fun though, and within minutes of playing I guarantee that everyone WILL have adopted silly accents. 10/10 would exhort that there's a fokker on my tail again.
>>
Just play Star Trek Attack Wing.
>>
>>47954577

We're trying to have a civil discussion here thank you.
>>
File: bag the hun.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
bag the hun.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47951178
>>
>>47955747
Ooh, that one looks interresting.

Anyone have any recommendations as to scale? I guess 1:48 on the patio is out for most of us...
>>
File: RaptorsRockButFlankersRule.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
RaptorsRockButFlankersRule.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Reposting C.21 air combat for ya OP.

As a gigantic fighter plane nerd I've always been a bit disappointed in every tabletop fighter plane game I've ever seen - almost all of them fall short of really representing air combat accurately. They might get the broad strokes, but that kind of abstraction would work better for a more strategic game; say, controlling entire flights of aircraft, their altitudes, etc, like you're a formation leader or a ground controller fighting the Battle of Britain. They almost always combine no altitude tracking (pure 2D) with turn-based play, which by necessity forces gross abstractions of most of the crucial elements of air combat... and then pair this with players having control of individual fighters or aircraft.

I was tempted to try making a game that gets around this (albeit with more complexity) but the only way to do it is to make it simultaneous-move, in the way games like Full Thrust do - write your orders down, reveal orders, execute. The problem is that many maneuvers are reactive; but I figure you can get around that by making contextual orders; i.e. "lead pursuit, lag pursuit, etc." If that contextual order would put you in a bind (such as an order to maintain pure pursuit of a better-turning enemy who then enters a turn) you can roll dice and modify it by the skill levels of the pilots (plus airframe stats that are relevant) to see if your reactions are fast enough to avoid making a mistake. So pilot stats and such will matter, but a player who's intuition and/or guesswork/headgaming is better can overcome despite having mediocre reflexes, which is pretty much how it works in real life.

Thoughts?
>>
Can someone fluff my French WW1 squadron please?
>>
>>47957808
>fluff my French WW1 squadron

Last I checked Frenchmen tend to fluff each other HONHONHONOHONHONHON
>>
>>47957745
Can you post the proper rules?
>>
>>47951178
Wings of War WW1 is awesome when you don't have the time to put up a full three-to-four hour wargame, and/or when you're more in the mood for shooting shit and having a few beers instead of MAXIMUM STRATEGY.

I've run it a few times down at the club (which is mostly full of x-wing fags). Never been a problem find a few willing to try it. It helps, of course, that I have enough planes for everyone, and then some.
>>
File: Dogfight! V1.4.7.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Dogfight! V1.4.7.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47951178
>What are the alternatives?
I wrote this Dogfight game, tracks speed and altitude. A bit more realistic than Wings of War, and has the stats and points for most WW1 aircraft. Enjoy!
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.