[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Voice-Changing in Online Roleplay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: DorothyFrick.png (364 KB, 1447x2000) Image search: [Google]
DorothyFrick.png
364 KB, 1447x2000
Hello /tg/, I've recently gotten into tabletop games, but I missed my chance to join the most recent D&D game some friends started. So I wanna try something online.

Thing is, I only roleplay girls, because I like to draw them, and because they're fun to draw. And this site, Roll20, typically does voice chat in roleplays.

So I figure this would be a good place to ask, is there a free voice-changing software that's decent enough and can make me sound like a girl? Does anyone use any in particular that they would recommend? Google turns up some sketchy as fuck results, and the ones I've tried have been too buggy to do anything with. And if there's something that's not free but works really well, I could take a look at that as well.
>>
Senpai just find a group that does text only.
My group prefers it even though we VC each other if we play video-games or board-games and the like.
>>
A friend of mine swears by the one they use and they managed to talk to people on a daily basis over Skype etc for years before anyone even caught on. I can't remember the exact name, think it had diamond in it, so I suppose that's a hint for you.
>>
>>47954261
Ask your friend.
>>
>>47954261
That sounds familiar actually, but I couldn't figure it out or find any tutorials, and it looked fishy to me. I can just get it again, do you think your friend could give some advice on what sorts of settings to use? My voice is pretty average as far as pitch goes.
>>
Nobody's offering suggestions on how to actually change your voice? Imitating a girl's voice can't be that hard, can it?

If you want to go that route, I'm sure you could ask /lgbt/ about it, OP. They probably have resources for helping people alter their voices to sound more feminine.
>>
>>47951174
In most cases, just changing the pitch is going to be incredibly obvious unless you're disguising your voice on top of that.

Are you trying to fool the group into thinking that's your natural voice, or just make it easier to believe that a female character is talking?

I remember a GM who said he dropped his voice an octave for female NPCs, and spoke more breathily from the back of the throat. I don't know if that would be convincing, but it helped distinguish OOC and IC speech without sounding too silly. Maybe try combining it with the voice-changer and see if it works.
>>
>>47956372
>or just make it easier to believe that a female character is talking?
This one. And yeah, I can change my natural voice up a little, but not nearly as well as some. So I'd be trying to combine the two, yes.
>>
>>47951174

do you also ERP as an elin in tera with other fatbeards?

gtfo you creep
>>
>>47956372
>dropped his voice
Uh, do you mean he raised it? That would make more sense.
>>47956426
>he's not a faggot
faggot
>>
>>47951174
Cute picture. I'm guessing you drew it.
>>
Related question. Any good text-to-speech programs out there?
>>
>>47956477
>Uh, do you mean he raised it? That would make more sense.
No, it was definitely dropping his voice. He said that voicing his character with a falsetto just made them sound like a joke.
>>
>>47951174
I've used clownfish, it works decently.
>>
>>47956579
If he had to drop his voice so that he didn't sound ridiculously high pitch when voicing women, I feel bad for him.
>>
>>47956694
No, it sounds more like he was just dropping his voice to distinguish it from his regular voice.
>higher voice than normal/falsetto -- sounds like a joke, nobody takes the NPC seriously
>normal voice -- sounds like normal, doesn't sound like an NPC in the first place
>deeper voice -- different voice, signifying NPC
sounds like that's the thought process at play here, although I do have to wonder if there isn't a better way to put on a convincing higher-pitched voice
>>
>>47956561
Speakonia
>>
>>47951174
Dropping resonance tones is a skill that takes a month or two of concerted effort to learn. It's a bit of a pain, but you can learn how to do it fairly well.
>>
>>47956895
The fuck is a "resonance tone"?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.