[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tabletop Simulator general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: header.jpg (42 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
42 KB, 460x215
Just bought this on the steam sale.

What are the best mods/adaptatons for it?
>>
>>47944254
you poor deluded soul
>>
Friends are the best add-on.
>>
>>47944254
I was tempted earlier but the drag and drop actually looks frustrating as fuck.

Is it worth picking up probably when it drops to 75%.
>>
>>47944278
Yeah, I actually got the 4-pack to give to my friends. Will try this weekend.
>>
>>47944254
Anything that doesn't require placing cards onto specific zones is fine. The drag and drop mechanic is workable, but trying to be accurate with it is a bitch.
>>
>>47944500
What about games that use minis? It sounds like that'd also be a pain.

Not OP by the way, but I'm curious because it sounds like a friend is getting me a copy soon.
>>
I've been playing 40k on it with friends from out of state, its been pretty fun, but not without some issues.
>>
>>47944254
Most any boardgames are workable with it. My personal favorite is Betrayal at House on the Hill 2.
>>
>>47946535
what issues?
>>
File: 1465757803521.jpg (764 KB, 1200x877) Image search: [Google]
1465757803521.jpg
764 KB, 1200x877
Play MTG modern / edh is very popular and frogtown.me makes it easy to create cards.
Also games like eldritch horror is actually playable unlike the real life version.
>>
>>47949032
not that anon but ive played some 200 hours of 40k on TTS and theres really not many issues with it. The most finicky bullshit comes with terrain not having a hitbox thats appropriate(for example a tree is going to have an inch of invisible space that you cant interact with)

That also means that doorways are a no go.

Dice rolling is also slower unfortunately.
>>
>>47944254
We use Tabletop Simulator for our weekly RPG-meetings. We're spread all over the country so it's hard to meet up in meatspace.
Sometimes we use 2d maps spread onto the table with "custom table", sometimes we go the extra mile and build 3d maps with Workshop add-ons.
The 3d effect deepens immersion for us, because there's no "blah this room is 50x50 feet blah", but more of an intuitive approach to tactics and how the world looks.

So I'd recommend trawling through the steam workshop for some nice mods, building some maps in your free-time (DnD/fantasy assets are easier to find than Sci-Fi ones) and having a game with your old RPG group that split up due to college or w/e.

Tabletop Simulator isn't optimal by a long stretch, but it can be a fun tool!
>>
I love playing mtg with my friends and random people through TTS
>>
>>47951933
why don't you save up 500$ and play 40k as a hobby rather than a ownership fetish.
>>
I tend to think TTS works best for lighter boardgames. It can also work for larger, more involved games, but the more moving parts you have to worry about the fiddlier it gets. If you only need to worry about a few dice, cards or tiles, it's pretty much the best board gaming experience you can get short of a real group.
>>
>>47951933
Yeah, that is pretty much the issues I was talking about. Some of the models having just HUGE invisible boxes around them pisses me off, but all in all I've had a lot of fun.
>>
>>47944278
what if you dont have any?
>>
>>47944254
Play HeroQuest. Do it, faggot.
>>
File: 1450878560189.jpg (38 KB, 362x346) Image search: [Google]
1450878560189.jpg
38 KB, 362x346
>>47953434
>play 40k as a hobby rather than a ownership fetish.
isn't that what he's doing by NOT spending $500 on owning parts of the game?
>>
How do character sheets work in Tabletop Simulator?
>>
>>47959733
doesn't have native support, except a small text area for keeping notes.

I'd recommend keeping a paper-and-pen character sheet next to you while you play, or using a text document open in the background.
>>
File: 020-ClearAgumon.png (374 KB, 450x627) Image search: [Google]
020-ClearAgumon.png
374 KB, 450x627
>>47944254
Who here likes Digimon and card games?

DIGIMON BATTLES card game.

Play it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=710666368

Rules:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/or0ir588ip2uhvo/DIGIMON%20Battles%20card%20game%20rules.pdf?dl=0
>>
>>47944254
What? Why?
>>
bemp
>>
I'm considering getting this from sale, mainly for RPGs. Looks pretty comfy and immersive. The thing is, my friends aren't really into it. Is there any good online community(skype group or whatever else) where I can quickly find people for one-shots or campaigns in tabletop sim?
>>
>>47971331
/tg/'s discord:
https://discord.gg/RwhRw
>>
>>47944254
You can play URealms. That's something.

If you've got a crew and Skype or whatever other thing, Tabletop Simulator can be good times.
>>
Is there a good general purpose minis collection on the workshop? I want to run a game for some out-of-state friends and need more minis.
>>
>>47945879
It has a square grid that you can snap things to. it works well for 1x1 and 3x3 minis, not so much for anything else.
>>
>>47944254
>Get 9 friends over
>Load up Galactic Risk 2210 AD
>Total domination rules
>Cry over how glorious it is
>>
I want to get Tabletop Simulator to play some RPGs with friends on the other side of the country, but they so non-committal whenever I ask if they want to get in on it. Extremely frustrating.
>>
Anyone have a backup of a mage knight mod? The links to the assets in all the mods on the workshop are dead.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.