[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spoiler: Corrupted Arbor Land Creature - Eldrazi 1/1 Taps to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: PcW5EYz.jpg (303 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
PcW5EYz.jpg
303 KB, 1632x1224
Spoiler:
Corrupted Arbor
Land Creature - Eldrazi 1/1
Taps to add diamond mana to your mana pool.
>>
ok
>>
Cool.
>>
>>47943186
I actually believe it.
>>
>>47943186
I know all the responses are sarcastic, and no effort was put into your bait post OP, however I'm curious how a land-creature would work.
Does it enter with summoning sickness? Can you tap it for mana the turn you play it?
Since it is a land creature, can you target it with spells that effect lands and creature spells? What happens if someone plays a spell that effects all non-land permanents, does it avoid that effect?
>>
>>47945371
Seeing as we have a land creature already in Dryad Arbor...it has summoning sickness, cannot be tapped for mana the turn it comes out, can rather obviously be targetted by spells that hit creatures or lands (just like any card with multiple types), and since it's a land it isn't affected by stuff that says 'nonland' just like an artifact creature isn't hit by 'nonartifact' and a GB creature isn't affected by 'nonblack'
>>
>>47945371

My god, learn a little bit about the game please.
>>
File: 635032497769296940.jpg (43 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
635032497769296940.jpg
43 KB, 375x523
>>47945371
It already exists, see pic related. OP wasn't even being orginal with the name. So the answers to your questions are in order yes, no, yes, and since the spell only affectsl non-land permanents and the card is a land it would avoid the effect.

Other fun facts
>As land it doesn't interact with the stack so it can't be countered and your opponent can't respond to it.
>Since you can only play one land per turn you can't play this card if you've already played a land this turn, even if it somehow gets flash
>Lands are colorless by default but Dryad Arbor is an exception. However it's color is independent of its land type so it's entirely possible for you to wind up with a 1/1 green swamp dryad
>>
>>47945621
>Use fake picture
>>
>>47943186
Would be believable had it not be for Maro consistently repeating they won't do another card like Dryad Arbor ever again.
>>
>>47945647
I couldn't find any that weren't really small and didn't feel like hearing people complain about ants.
>>
File: 5.jpg (53 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
53 KB, 312x445
>>47945815
>>
>>47946348
The one gets rid of all the reminder text because it assumes that the player understands the rules...
>>
>>47947345
As they should
>>
File: dryad_arbor.jpg (61 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
dryad_arbor.jpg
61 KB, 312x445
>>47947424
I agree that people should understand the rules, but it's not very useful for explaining how land creatures work to someone who doesn't understand the concept.

It's like telling someone to read the fucking card and then handing them a full-art textless card or a card written in moon runes.

>>47945815
http://magiccards.info/ has scans of most all cards in non-ant quality.

I'm pretty sure that there's a collection or two of higher rez scans floating around, but I haven't bothered to look into it.
>>
>>47947691
Literally everything you need to know about the card can be extrapolated from the text on it
>Can it attack?
Yes, it's a creature and has power and toughness
>Can it block?
See above
>Can I tap it for mana the turn it comes into play?No it's a creature and has summoning sickness
>Can I play multiple Dryad Arbors in a turn?
Not unless you have something that allows you to play more than one land per turn

It's not that hard
>>
>>47947868
And yet you can not deny that people have issue with the concept. Have you already forgotten that just such a person was the cause of this entire train of discussion? Here's the post if you've forgotten >>47945371

That's what the reminder text is for.
>>
>>47948055
If you don't understand the rules of the game you shouldn't be playing it. These are the mouth breathers that Wizards are catering to now
>>
>>47947868
>Can I tap it for mana the turn it comes into play?
>No it's a creature and has summoning sickness

But it's also a Land, which is put into play untapped and can be tapped for mana right away. You've got two mutually exclusive clauses suggested by the card's types, so there's going to be room for confusion.
>>
>>47948467
>Mutually exclusive
I don't think you know what that means. All permanents have summoning sickness, creatures are just the only type that is affected by it. This is the reason why Awaken grants Haste
>>
>>47948467
creatures cannot be tapped the turn they come in unless they have haste, youre too retarded to play magic if you cannot understand arbor dryad.
>>
>>47948467
>But it's also a Land, which is put into play untapped and can be tapped for mana right away. You've got two mutually exclusive clauses suggested by the card's types, so there's going to be room for confusion.
It's not mutually exclusive though.
>>
>>47947345
The only thing that could need clarification is if it's a spell or not (and even then it has no CMC so you should know that too)
>>
>>47946348

I despise this version of Dryad Arbor not because it just looks bland and boring but because it's also very easily mistaken for a regular Forest at a glance.
>>
>>47948493

Not the same guy but to clarify creatures can be tapped the turn they come in unless they use an ability that requires a tap symbol as part of the activation cost. If the ability does not have a Tap symbol in question then it can be used even if they've entered play that turn. (e.g Heritage Druid, Grand Architect, Captivating Vampire)
>>
>>47945540
K, I thought all of that was the case. thanks.
>>
>>47943186
>diamond mana
Fake as fuck. Everyone knows "anus mana" is the correct wording.
>>
>>47951060
This man gets it
>>
>>47946348
I hate that version, not only is it hard to find with a fetch or wood elves in EDH, most faggots put it with their forests/lands and "forget" about it through board wipes.

Future sight Arbor is the best one by far, the frame makes it easy to spot.
>>
>>47943186
The reason we know this is fake isn't that it's a land creature, because those have existed, it's that it doesn't in any way seem like a green creature.
And the collector number of the card we know this transforms into is that of a green or red card.
Also, it transforms.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.