[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cyberpunk thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
In the dark future dystopia of 20xx, the mideast is at war, drones patrol the skies, hackers break into corporate data fortresses to steal millions of records, the government monitors your every move via pocket computers and the UK has seceded from Europe.

What other wild, crazy things happen in your cyberpunk future?
>>
Most of the population still doesn't have internet access.
>>
>>47942560
Or electricity. Or running water.

I'm sure someone will be along soon with a comic about the singularity.
>>
>>47942548
I see what you did there
>>
>>47943754
>the singularity.
If such a thing did occur it would be like Elysium, it would just serve to further widen the gap between the rich near immortal haves and the squalid have-nots. It'd be centuries before it'd trickle down to the destitute, if it ever did.
>>
>>47944772

If we could build the space station thing like they did in the movie why the fuck arn't we colonizing the moon and working our way towards Mars? Hell, you could even park the thing near the asteroid belt and start mining for resources from it.
>>
I ran a short campaign when my players demanded it a superhero AND cyberpunk one.

To maintain focus I worked the whole think about two main themes. The first, mysterious technology. There should be a point where technology is so advanced it scares you, it seems impossible, magical. Like showing holograms to a caveman or a medieval scholar trying to deduce the purpose of a communcations satellite. I based the whole "space magic" on the readers digest version of quantum science and cosmology. Wavefunction separators(rerolls and precognition), Q-G deconfiners(death beams) worldline mirroring(able to replay a couple rounds in reverse order), antiphoton emitters(invisibility) etc. You should get glimpses at most of how it works and feel like it could be based what on you know but its so far beyond your ape-like knowledge you could go mad from seeing it.

The second one was apathy. I wanted to make something that had versimilitude instead of just malice and greed. The world is a shithole. Most of it is either a warzone or a slum,people are fighting with everything from robots to sharpened sticks. The cities where your average cyberpunk fare of cyborgs and ehanceds dwell are miles above them, they could easily take their cyborg legions and impose their flavor of order on the world, but they are too busy fucking eachother over and trying to catch the eye of the ascended, living in their spires reaching space. They are the peak of humanity, the ultra-rich, with all the genetic engineering, enhancements and technology humanity has to offer, they could solve all the problems of the cities but they just dont care about anything except their petty grudges and century long feuds. And at the top you have the star gods, the very first ascended, the pioneers of human enhancement only known by their nickname because they verly rarely deign to even acknowledge others. Their power level is simlpy magic. Clarkes thrid law applies at full force. Cont.
>>
>>47945251

They appear as physically perfect unblemished humans. Any technology integrated into their bio-forms is so advanced and miniaturized its impossible to tell it apart from biotech. They manipulate the fundamental forces of the universe at will in completely unexpected ways, no one knows what their limits are. Their goals and motivations are unknown, their appearence(everyday humans) so alien some even question if they are really humans. Except they apparently do jack shit with all their godlike powers, they just stick to their few isolated bases in the solar system. No one even knows if they have spaceships or teleport, or warp space or whatever the fuck they do. They might have even spread out and be busy climbing the Kardashev scale and none be any wiser. Except they dont. They are too busy trying to somehow "end" the singularity, to find a sufficently appeasing endpoint to the existence of sentient life.
>>
>>47945352

They players climbed all the layers of apathy, starting out as a group of tribals, joining a warband, managing to become citizens, collecting more and more augs, finally getting to enter the ascended, a minor twist ending every single time before managing to steal some of the star gods secrets. And it was for nothing. They would have freely given it if anyone had bothered to ask, they were just to bored to play gods. And it was completely worthless too, because they knew this universe was just a quantum split of another universe spawned by some impossble intellect observing it and they know it will abruptly cease to exist when observed again and they have no way foretelling when and why that could happen. There are no answers, only more and bigger questions. The star gods also knew of higher dimension spaces and the multiverse structures enabling them and how they were just small fry in the infinite times infinte black void and unexplainable phenomena.

And then the players agreed to completely wipe their minds, downgrade and go back into being tribals.
>>
File: Space.jpg (161 KB, 542x767) Image search: [Google]
Space.jpg
161 KB, 542x767
>>47942548
The population uses shitty forced memes as a vessel for casting extremely powerful spells for a mysterious god. Some knowingly, some unknowingly. Basically Kek

Artificial vape dragons are half-assedly constructed out of stolen parts in underground subway tunnels. They don't do much but they carry generations of knowledge from the homeless.

Robots are constantly threatening to overthrow the government out of revenge for being enslaved, but nobody really takes them seriously.

There are some areas where AI and 3D printed humans are constantly being created in places where they'll never be able to survive. In more run down areas of the city it's not uncommon for the lower levels of sky scrapers to be filled with bloody meat and multicolored hair.

The suicide rates in the vast, overheated suburban deserts are astounding, due to the lack of anything to do, the sheer emptiness of the land and the fact that most people are made without a family and without a purpose. Most new humans have to clean the old ones out.

The generation that created everything is dying out, usually inseparable from social networking and virtual reality. Older robots that actually know how to get shit done often aren't lifelike enough to be accepted by the majority of the population.

In every public restroom, there is a link to the Public Bathroom Maze. You never want to go to the Public Bathroom Maze.

Despite all this, everyone is connected on the internet, and slowly a working knowledge of how to survive in the city, and eventually make things right, is being built on through the trial and error of billions.
>>
File: prometheus-movie-image.jpg (91 KB, 576x288) Image search: [Google]
prometheus-movie-image.jpg
91 KB, 576x288
>>47946620

>Vape dragons

Now I have in my head a decidely chill cyborg dragon that breaths flavored steam mixed with various other narcotics to get people high as a kite.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.