[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just want make sure I've got this right. It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 13
File: received_1051567811546884.jpg (19 KB, 640x394) Image search: [Google]
received_1051567811546884.jpg
19 KB, 640x394
So I just want make sure I've got this right. It's okay to insert hot political issues like gay marriage, pedophilia, weapon ownership, and things that people have been arguing about since the dawn of time into my game as long as I don't make it a core concept of the experience right?

Like, say I make an npc, and he happens to be a Tranny, or gay, or some other blend of outside of the social norm; it's okay as long as it isn't the point of the adventure or anything like that right?

I don't want to keep minorities out of my game just because it will trigger the autistic who don't like that these people exist in the first place.
>>
>>47942157
It's only okay if your players are okay with it.

This is like rule number one of running literally any game.
>>
>>47942157
Pretty much. Don't tokenize, don't virtue signal, don't constantly call attention to it, and don't make it their entire character.
>>
>>47942181
>don't tokenize

So I should make sure to have at least 2 of whatever minority?
>>
>>47942157
If you have an autist who hates fags or trannys, then he will sperg the fuck out as soon as he sees one, regardless of how prominent they actually are.

By the same measure if you have one of those SJW autists then they will sperg the fuck out as soon as they realise that there AREN'T any faggots or trannys.

Tailor to your group. If this is impossible then try not to bring it up and hope nobody notices, but honestly if you have both an SJW sperg and a /pol/tard then your game is fucked anyway.
>>
>>47942157
easy, just don't put it as the main part of that character, like:
"you see a man walking by and [...] oh and he's also gay/a tranny, look at how gay he is!"
"hello, i'm NPC#32, i'm gay!"
avoid this and it should be fine
>>
>>47942193
Tokenizing means you put someone there purely for the sake of having someone of that demographic. Doesn't matter if it's one or one-thousand.
>>
>>47942157
why would the players even know your NPC is gay?
if your going "you open the door into a large room, on your left is a sconce, on your right is a gay kobold"
you might be doing it wrong
>>
>>47942193
what?
no!
don't force things into your campaign, they have to fit, you can't put, say, a black man in a norse-ish campaign or a nordic man straight into an indian setting
>>
>>47942157

Don't try to bring up the issues on every occasion you can. Its part of the background and should stay in the background.

Same goes for the characters don't make their homodomoshomoness be the defining trait of their personality nor the core. So no "I became Lord Edgicuss Maximuss cause my father didn't like that i take cock." Again keep it in the background.
>>
>>47942217
>the catch the kobold in the act of gay sex

Hard to misinterpret what you're seeing.
>>
>>47942220
What if they did indeed become lord Edgicuss Maximums because their father didn't like that they liked cock?

Just don'the make characters like that?
>>
>>47942218
>you can't put, say, a black man in a norse-ish campaign or a nordic man straight into an indian setting

Well, you can. You just need to have a perfectly valid reason for said black or norse man to be there.

For example, if you're running the Norse campaign, the black man could be a slave who was captured first by a far-away empire, then captured again in a raid by the Norse and taken back home with them as a token/trophy (people did that shit all the time well into the 1800's). Upon his masters death, he was freed, and now he lives there because he doesn't have anywhere else to go.

If you were to do something like this, though, you'd need to make a point of how he's an oddball character, though.
>>
>>47942268
>f you're running the Norse campaign, the black man could be a slave who was captured first by a far-away empire, then captured again in a raid by the Norse and taken back home with them as a token/trophy
You don't even need to go this route.
People who traveled and documented far off lands were common enough to be present anywhere in contiguous lands.
>>
>>47942268
it was just an example, i meant more like "a black viking"
>>
>>47942157

You can do whatever you want as long as your group is fine with it.
>>
>>47942248
Then the character better have a goddamn good reason for turning Lord Edgicus Maximus.

Though the character can turn that around. Take Fredrick the Great for example. His prussian as fuck father didn't like the fact that he was on the faggy side, so he treated him harshly even executed his best friend when he tried to help Fredrick escape. He could have turned to King Bitternicus of Prussia but instead he changed the image of what a German Prince/King should be, basically calling Machiavelli a tard.

Patronized art, became one of Prussia's best generals and still remained level headed, down to earth and chill as chill can be.
>>
File: 13th-warrior-banderas-2.png (443 KB, 656x313) Image search: [Google]
13th-warrior-banderas-2.png
443 KB, 656x313
>>47942218
>>
>>47942157
Since when is pedophilia a political issue?
>>
>>47942157
Just make sure the information about the character comes naturally. Most people don't announce their political views or sexual preference to people they've just met. I'd say it would be best to let your players get to know the character before any "hot political issues" come up and make sure it makes sense to discuss it.

From the gay angle it depends on your setting, but it shouldn't be some grand declaration. Maybe the players find him with an arm around a boy one evening like it's no big deal and they can draw their own conclusions. Or maybe they detect that this female NPC's belt is magic and only later hear a rumor that it's a belt of gender switching and she seemed strangely unbothered by the "curse."

Or just make the gay guy a prancing lala glitter-covered turbo-homo stereotype. It depends on the group really.
>>
>>47942339
LGBTQP
>>
>>47942339
Treatment and counselling vs jailing, pedo hysteria, politicians being accused of "defending pedophiles" when opposing certain laws or measures on constitutional grounds, the rights of body autonomy, people seeing perfectly innocent things as sexual, people fearing interaction with children in case of accusations, lynching of suspected pedophiles (whenever or not they actually molested a kid).

There's a few issues relating directly to it.
>>
>>47942358
Please tell me you're bullshiting.
>>
Wrex
>>
>>47942318

Underrated post.

Ignore whatever /tg/ says. If your group loves 4e, elves, and Game of Thrones then you make a 4e setting with elves and rip off GoT. Similarly if your group likes diversity in its NPCs then you make them a fucking burger king kids' club.
>>
>>47942371
Google it fampai
>>
>>47942371
He's bullshitting. He thinks tumblr is real life and not a containment site.
>>
>>47942217
>on your left is a sconce, on your right is a gay kobold

In all fairness, I imagine most people's attention would be drawn to the gay kobold in this scenario. I mean, that's a pretty stand-out thing to see.
>>
>>47942290
>People who traveled and documented far off lands were common enough to be present anywhere in contiguous lands.

That's true too (A good example is Ethiopians in Renaissance Italy) but even still they're considered abnormal to the average person, and would often be viewed as "exotic."

Basically, a black Norseman wouldn't be the complete and total social equal of a white Norseman - he'd either be in higher standing because he's exotic and therefore a local point of pride, or he'd be lower because he's still not "one of them."
>>
>>47942367
This, basically.
Newspapers like the New York Hoax was tarring politicians who were against the latest wave of victim laws because they tread all over constitutional rights and precedent.
>>47942486
Part of being an outsider is expecting that, I wager. It's something the player and gm should account for and discuss.
>>
>>47942554
>Part of being an outsider is expecting that, I wager. It's something the player and gm should account for and discuss.

Oh yeah, that's what I'm trying to say. You should have a reason for why this particular person is here. It's not very good storytelling to ignore a potentially immersion-breaking detail without a rational justification for why that detail is there.
>>
>>47942591
I would say, however, that if driving home that point leads to the game being less fun for the people involved, why worry about it?
It's something that could be resolved simply, with a few lines, and requires the assumptiuon that the game follows real life standards where travelers aren't common in the not!Norse lands.
As a GM, I'd be more concerned with coming across as "Oh, you CAN do this concept that you want to do, but I'm going to passive aggressively make your time so shit you'll wish you hadn't".
>>
The best thing you can ultimately do is remove sexuality from your gaming table, I found this to be the best solution, there is very little to gain from inserting sex into games and you really risk upsetting players and if you do this you never have to have conversations about people's sexuality, it keeps things focused on the game at hand.
>>
>>47942157
Actual answer you're looking for is that you should not be playing your game with /pol/-tier autist that gets easily triggered.
>>
File: spoiler-v1.png (209 B, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
spoiler-v1.png
209 B, 100x100
>>47942633
>this whole post
Wow, man, you play with/are children?
That said, I ran a game of W:tF, and had a Rahu who was the biggest baby daddy I ever saw. Her justification was that more kids meant more werewolves, and she did the work in supporting the mothers from the shadows and straight up murdering anyone that even looked twice at them.
>mfw she made a deal with a local leech coven to watch out for the moms in exchange for the sweet wolf blood
>and bullied her pack into doing the same
>then made deals with the local mages to trade spirits for protective charms
>>
>>47942721
It is not something I arrived easily at, it came from a female player playing a homosexual male druid, who offended the shit out of a bisexual guy in the group. Factured the game and ruined a long campaign.

Sexuality isn't worth the hassle in tabletop games.
>>
>>47942633
Do you tell your players to make asexual characters? Or do you just not include any characters that PCs could be attracted to?
>>
>>47942795
You are getting it twisted.
You saw someone being a twat, didn't pull them aside and tell them to knock the twatery off.
I'd ask how you, the GM, didn't see the signs and have the ear of your players, such that apparently, they didn't see fit to approach you with their problems before they exploded at the table.
>>
>>47942809
It falls more into the category of I don't give a shit what you fuck or what fucks you, this is not the place for you to act out your sexual fantasies.
>>
>>47942795
>homosexual male druid, who offended the shit out of a bisexual guy

Need more details.
>>
>>47942830
But anon if there isn't rape and child murder everywhere it's not realistic.

Why do you hate realism anon?
>>
>>47942830
But you said sexuality instead of sexual fantasies before. Which one of these do you have problems with?
>>
>>47942829
Most groups can barely handle political intrigue, you want to throw in an extra layer of their sexuality or how they believe said group acts? In the vast majority of settings sexuality has little function, it makes more sense in NWoD or OWoD, but what do you really get out of it in your typical medieval fantasy party of murder hobos?
>>
>>47942832
this, where is the greentext story?
>>
>>47942872
I have problems with neither, my issue is that people can be easily upset about how you deliver either. The risk of including them rarely provides any real benefit.
>>
>>47942926
Do you play with tumblr? Also this >>47942918
>>
>>47942367
Pedophiles should be burned alive
>>
>>47942881
Roleplay, anon.
That alone is more than enough reason to do so, imo.
I don't expect it to take over a character, but it is a facet of them that IS important, albeit not casually mentioned.
>>
>>47942339
There's actually several different political issues tied up in there, each with their own proponents that don't really like to be associated with each other.

For starters, minors almost always start having sex on their own between the ages of 11 and 18, with more than half of the population losing their virginity by age 15. So there's a lot of people arguing that since minors are voluntarily engaging in sexual activity with no adult influence, they're clearly mature enough to consent to sex. There's a lot of proposals for lowering the age of consent, usually to 13 or 15 or 16.

Then there's the closely related issue of legal consent. It's entirely possible for a child to be informed of the mechanics and probability of outcomes of sex, and for an adult not to be. Hell, I know people in their 30s that think pulling out is a foolproof method, even when performed multiple times in a night (despite their history of unplanned pregnancy, ironically enough). Even better, I have a friend who got kicked out of BYU for giving a couple of her dorm mates the talk when she found out they didn't know where babies came from. So basically, if a child can be informed and offer enthusiastic verbal consent, by what right can they be deprived of the option to make choices for their own bodies?

(1/2)
>>
>>47943027
That's pretty intolerant, anon.
>>
File: stalker4.jpg (259 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
stalker4.jpg
259 KB, 1366x768
>>47942157
>pedophile defense force

Like fucking clockwork. Who gives a shit if these mental defectives are being violently murdered? Unlike homosexuality or being trans pedophiles are actively traumatising children. It's not a fucking opinion that child sexual abuse causes long lasting psychiatric trauma to children. Pedophiles aren't even worth the bullets you should shoot in the head with

But yeah man, nice thinly veiled /pol/ thread, scumfuck retard
>>
>>47943031
>>47943082
(2/2)
And there's the issue of victim culture. In most cases involving nonviolent sexual interaction between adults and minors, the minor is not adversely affected. Unfortunately, there's a common phenomenon where they're later told that they're victims, they should have hated it, it was disgusting, etc. Then they remember how much they enjoyed it and wonder what's wrong with them that they ever could have enjoyed having sex, how awful it is that they still can't look back on what they did with disgust, and think that the whole situation happened because of some sort of defect in them. This is where most of the psychological issues associated with pedophilia come from.

So yeah, it's not just the American Baby Raping Association arguing that they should be able to kidnap young children. As far as I know, no one is seriously arguing that children should be violently raped or coerced. The controversy is over situations that are neither rape nor coercion, that would otherwise be considered consenting except that the law doesn't consider people under the age of 18 to be people.

>I'm going to get banned for this in 12 hours when the nazi mod wakes up and this thread is still here, but whatever. Sci-fi and fantasy are inextricably tied to politics and philosophy, so it's important to discuss both.
>>
>>47943100
Don't care. Hope it hurts
>>
>>47942157
>I don't want to keep minorities out of my game just because it will trigger the autistic who don't like that these people exist in the first place

If the bulk of your group don't care, except for that one guy, and they can show up on time regularly, then don't include any at all. If you do, you will be risking a stagnant but sure thing for a tenuous (and likely brief) risk.

See also: SJWs in comics
>>
>>47943139
>This is where most of the psychological issues associated with pedophilia come from.
This is true, more or less.
I was... abused, I wager, when I was real young, but no one told me that it was a terrible thing done by terrible people, I basically came to grips with it on my own, and while realizing I was taken advantage of, that it wasn't some awful, soul scarring event that should haunt me forever.
>>47943152
As a GM, i'd chafe at the idea that I need to mold my game around a single sperg that I could easily tell to shape up or ship out.
I've done it before, and their lack of presence didn't mean much at all, and the people I do want at the table can easily adapt to the nuances of a fucking fake world.
>>
>>47943139
>likely pedophile claiming that children should get over being molested and the distress they feel isn't real

I hope to God you are on some kind of registered list
>>
>>47943139
Child sexual abuse victim here.

I probably got more harmed by people making a big deal out of the shit that happened than the actual shit. A few years of that and my relationships fell apart if they get intimate because it feels "wrong" to me.

I stopped talking to my parents in my teens, moved out when I got money, and I've pretty much cut off my entire family because of their adamant refusal to give me some fucking space. I also no longer trust police and social workers, and one social worker actually threatened to put me in a home (a bald-faced lie) if I didn't start talking about it.

I need a fucking shrink.
>>
>>47943139
>American Baby Raping Association

SEND HELP I'M DYING
>>
>>47943264
>Thinking anybody has the right to tell you how to feel
>>
>>47943027
Unfortunately the constitution prohibits cruel and unusual punishment.

Also, nobody in the history of America has been charged or convicted for being a pedophile. They get charged with being involved in CP, grooming, peeping, or molestation.
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 500x371
>This entire thread
>>
>>47943284
>implying thats whats happening

Everything you wrote was entirely your opinion and not grounded the least bit in reality though retard. Youre upset over a something you made up in your head. The truth is sexual molestation is devastating to young children and exploiting as shit. That isn't an opinion either.

Anecdotal but whatever, one of my friends was molested by her guitar teacher when she was young. She never told anyone except me and her boyfriend and it was very obvious it left serious fucking traumatic mental wounds. She said as much herself
>>
>>47943291
What a shame, pedophiles would make great targets for the military to practice firing on
>>
>>47943359
But did she consent?
>>
>>47943027
See >>47943082
>>
>>47943407
This.
We are not talking about rapists who force themselves on people, but consenting sex that is criminalized.
>>
>>47943291
Makes sense. Pedophiles are creepy af, but if you locked them away just for what gets them hard then you would literally be arresting people for a thought crime.
>>
>>47943359
>implying thats whats happening
It's exactly what's happening. If you're okay with something and someone else later tells you that it's bad (for you, I mean, not "But Carrrrrl! That kills people!"), you should tell them to fuck off, not question why you're such a despicable person because you don't feel like a victim.
>Everything you wrote was entirely your opinion and not grounded the least bit in reality though retard.
It's not. I'm not going to parade around other people's very personal experiences to prove my point, though.
>Youre upset over a something you made up in your head.
You're the one that's upset. I'm just responding to the guy that asked how anyone could possibly hold [opinion] with several common reasons people hold that opinion.
>The truth is sexual molestation is devastating to young children and exploiting as shit. That isn't an opinion either.
Violence and coercion are devastating to everybody. No one is arguing that either should be tolerated. There are instances of sexual interaction between adults and minors that are neither violent nor coercive, however.
>>
File: milius.jpg (1 MB, 1369x1629) Image search: [Google]
milius.jpg
1 MB, 1369x1629
>>47943483
>>47943407
She was like 8 or 9, she had no idea what was going on.

Children for very obvious reasons can't consent to sex. Nobody, least of all psychologists or psychiatrists, believe that. There is a huge prevalence of PTSD and mood and anxiety related disorders diagnosed to victims of child sexual abuse. All of the science points to it being fucking devastating to early childhood development
>>
>>47943596
So no?
>>
>>47943596
see>>47943590
>Violence and coercion are devastating to everybody. No one is arguing that either should be tolerated. There are instances of sexual interaction between adults and minors that are neither violent nor coercive, however.
>>
>>47943637
Well, 8-9 really sounds TOO early.
>>
>>47943590
>pedophiles think they're heroes for raping little kids and all of society just got it wrong

Delusional cretins. Children don't posses the mental faculties to legitimately give consent. Doesn't matter though, nothing is going to change in the short or long term legally regarding pedophilia because nobody else (besides other pedos) are retarded enough to accept that premise

You are persecuted for perfectly legitimate reasons.
>>
File: ef9ca0004c31becbe2c04c9juh.png (65 KB, 248x397) Image search: [Google]
ef9ca0004c31becbe2c04c9juh.png
65 KB, 248x397
>>47943672
>>
>>47943672
The sad thing is, people actually do think like this irl, so trying to have a meaningful dialogue that is for the best of the people involved is impossible.
>>
>>47943596
Sounds like she didn't consent, then. Having shit happen to you that you have no understanding of and no control over is a scary experience. Your friend's experience is a precise example of what shouldn't be tolerated under any circumstances

But that doesn't mean it's impossible for a child to understand the concept of sex, and it also doesn't mean that they're incapable of willingly performing sexual acts.
>>
>>47943693
>this self pitying mentality
>while also claiming sexual assault recipients are playing the victim too much

Kill yourself
>>
>>47943748
Dude I also dislike pedos but you sound really butthurt
>>
File: JUSTICEJOCK.png (78 KB, 1317x1149) Image search: [Google]
JUSTICEJOCK.png
78 KB, 1317x1149
>>47942721
It can lead to some fun times. Like this old storytime.
>>
>>47942372
Shepard
>>
>>47942157

Why are you asking /tg/ for permission? Grow a fucking spine.
>>
>>47943803
Pedophilia discussion has taken over this thread, let's focus on this sort of thing. Storytimes!
>>
>>47943840
Wrex.
>>
>>47943672
The difference between "pedos" and "normal people" (read: "people solely attracted to persons over the legal age of majority in their current location") is that the normal people have forgotten being children themselves and consider children to be subhuman, incapable of independent thought.
>>
>>47943887
Well, children do have INT penalties...
>>
File: equipmentlist.png (52 KB, 1529x456) Image search: [Google]
equipmentlist.png
52 KB, 1529x456
>>47943860
>>
>>47943887
Fuck off with your pedo persecution complex. You prey on children. Molestation linked to increased risk in being diagnosed with serious mood disorders and PTSD.You don't know better than the international psychological community.
>>
>>47943914
There's children more intelligent than you or I. They just have less data to work with because they have fewer memories and typically shorter attention spans.
>>
>>47942157
Do you mean that having a transgender or gay main character makes you uncomfortable? Fucking CIS scum!
>>
File: Quantum Litch.jpg (489 KB, 955x3946) Image search: [Google]
Quantum Litch.jpg
489 KB, 955x3946
>>47943967
>>
File: CIS scum.jpg (94 KB, 960x926) Image search: [Google]
CIS scum.jpg
94 KB, 960x926
>>47944009
Fuck you too, meatbag.
>>
File: FISTCAST.jpg (509 KB, 1654x3443) Image search: [Google]
FISTCAST.jpg
509 KB, 1654x3443
>>47944042
>>
File: image.gif (957 KB, 270x149) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
957 KB, 270x149
>>47944009
Fuck the CIS.
>>
No it has to be the sole focus of the campaign
>>
>>47942316
Worked in Blazing Saddles.
>>
>>47942339
How old is fifteen really?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75XKGVwGEt4
>>
>>47943887
>The difference between "pedos" and "normal people" (read: "people solely attracted to persons over the legal age of majority in their current location") is that the normal people have forgotten that sometimes 16 year-olds can pass for 21.
Fixed that for you.
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.