[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: Sigmar vs Godbeast.jpg (338 KB, 1625x1057) Image search: [Google]
Sigmar vs Godbeast.jpg
338 KB, 1625x1057
>resources
pastebin.com/gBN0SUrK

Three rules of one edition

Old thread
>>47908380

Praise the anon, for the early leak!

Seraphon op as fuck.
>>
Can Flesheater Courts still do endless "summoning" in matched play?
>>
>>47930748
are the Protectors and Decimators the same points as the Retributors?
>>
What do you think came first, SCGT people testing with GW then making their points based on GWs? Or GW using a lot of SCGTs points and tweaking them?
>>
>>47933468
well we do know they were planning on a system for matched play from the beginning, but we don't know what it was. They were probably working on their own points, but then they saw how well the scgt was being received and the feedback it was getting, and with their new initiative to open back to the community, they thought "why dont we use a system that was working?"

During the sgct tournament, some GW reps were live tweeting from it and they were talking with the TOs about how they ran things.

I don't see this as a weakness on GWs part, I see it as them putting value in their customers.
>>
>>47933448
No, Summoning only allows you to define part of your list mid game, you still have to use points to buy your summons.

Like if you put 400 points aside for summons you could summon 400 points of weenies or 400 points of BEEF but not both and once they're gone they're gone.
>>
>>47933517
Unless we have missed something about the summoning rules, summoning also lets you bypass unit type restrictions. If you have the points for it, you can summon it. Already have the max amount of behemoths in your army? Doesn't matter. If you have enough points, and access to the spell, you can summon another one.

It certainly looks like a risk-reward decision, since if you are unlucky, or your wizard is killed before he can use all of your summoning points, you could end up with a gimped army.
>>
>>47933513

what was the account(s) the GW reps were live tweeting from?
>>
>>47933622
I dont know. I dont do the twitters and i only heard that they did.
>>
So I heard something about Formations costing points now?
>>
File: bretonnia-crusade-1280.jpg (323 KB, 1200x764) Image search: [Google]
bretonnia-crusade-1280.jpg
323 KB, 1200x764
So, I played Brettonians in 7-8th edition, then took a break during sigmar. How good are Bretts in Sigmar? Is it worth getting the rest painted and ready to go or is it better to invest in one of the newer armies? Bretts seem cool, what with Peasent bowmen looking beast, knights kicking ass on the charge, Trebuchet being a murder house again and paladins being monster destroyers. But I'm worried they will be left behind by this new stuff, what with Dragon Calvary, Bloodcrushers, Griffon knights, and all the other shit on the way.

Basically, Bretts were THE Calvary army of Fantasy (at least thematically), is it better to stick with them or jump on newer shit and leave the Lady behind me? If I stick Bretts I want to feel like I'm not gimping myself to easily in this new version of the game.
>>
>>47933797
Yep. We don't know yet how they play in the army restrictions, but it's likely you buy the units within the formation as normal, then to get the formation benefits you pay the points

check out >>47930963

The batalions on the bottom are all formations.
>>
>>47933800
Brets got the update they were dreaming of, but it came in during AoS, much to some bret players chagrin.

We dont know the points on them yet whether they are good or bad, but they play like you think they should, and that's important.
>>
Really curious to see what price the Pestilens and Moulder units are.

I wonder if Giant rats will be the mainstay,

Do we have any idea how adding more men to a unit affects the points cost if at all? I'll field at least 6 Gutter runners for backfield harassing, but if i can just have 10 then fuck it i have the models
>>
I need to clean, base, and assemble silver tower by this weekend. Am I gonna make it?
>>
>>47933934
You buy models in batches.

Like 5 liberators are 100 pts, or something. I forgot.

Then you can go 10, 15, or 20, costing 200, 300, and 400 pts respectively.

You can field only 7 liberators, but you still have to pay 200 pts. So no longer buying individual models within units. Also option like command and weapons and such you don't pay for anymore.
>>
>>47933517
Can Death units bring back slain models or does that count as "summoning"?
>>
>>47933517
I heard you were talking shit
>>
>>47933800
>How good are Bretts in Sigmar?
Very good, one of the top tier armies

All 3 of their unique characters are amazing, the Trebuchet is one of the best artillery pieces in the game, and all their knights are devastating.

We'll see how they fare after points are introduced.
>>
>>47934197
If include your 4 groups of skeletons, You have your two battle lines before you spend the rest of your points on Nagash and Mournguls
>>
>>47934063
With minimum batch size being the min unit size?
Fuck i called that.

I knew i would want 6 Gutter runners as they come in units of 3.

Some units like plague monks have strangely low minimums like 5, so they hopefully don't cost much when you'll want to field at least 15
>>
>>47934265
>With minimum batch size being the min unit size?
Yes.
>>
>>47933838
>>47934206

Good to know! I'm super glad to hear that! Now I feel less hesitant to bring them out of retirement.
>>
Can you still run a VC Blenderlord in AoS? If not, any other Characters in Death capture the same feel?
>>
I was thinking about going Daemons.

Anyone play Slaanesh? How are they?
>>
>>47934555
The Flesheater Courts (strigoi + ghouls) have really powerful hero vampires that get even more ridiculous with the right battalions

Mannfred is also a beast. He heals 2 wounds in every combat phase that he kills a unit and he ignores the first wound he receives each turn. He is also a Wizard that can give himself Mystic Shield. Very tanky mother fucker.
>>
>>47934732
Amazing.
With a full slaaneshi force you will have an incredible speed-most of your units run and charge, have a decent amount of attacks and generate extra attacks on the roll of 6s.
Slaanesh is great at flanking enemy weak spots and grabbing objectives-wich is a REALLY important part of aos.
You will lack-obviously-the brute mortal wounds of khorne, the resilience of nurgle and the shootiness of tzeench, but your army will be very solid.
Daemonettes are simply amazing, and the seekers incredibly annoying.
>>
>>47934801

Interesting! This is Mortarch Manny, right?

Deathrattle looks like an interesting theme too, lots of synergies.
>>
>>47934732
I'm doing the same! Woo! Slaanesh-bros!
>>
File: 1437303544192.png (4 MB, 1622x1058) Image search: [Google]
1437303544192.png
4 MB, 1622x1058
Asked in the last thread then it died.

I know we are about to get points (things are already leaking) but I'm building a nurgle blightkings army and I'm wondering if you guys think a Sorcerer or two for summoning nurgle daemons might be fun. I love the idea of summoning a GUO on someones head.
>>
What are some good ways to use a Troglodon? In all my games so far it has fallen flat.
>>
>>47935353
he has to charge with knights to get an additional -1 to bravery. that means -2 bravery total, wih can led to mass fleeting.
>>
>>47935284
Summoning a GUO is not really that easy, because you need a 10 to summon him.
You should have a couple of summoners and summon plaguebearers and nurgle drones.
>>
>>47935411
That's not a bad idea.

Saurus Knights are so crappy, though.
>>
>>47935448
they don't need to deal damage, that's not their use.
They are good because they move fast, can go around supporting units and can easily get objectives and bodyblock enemies. Never forget the slann ability to make a single unit fly. Thats insane. Make knights fly and use them as body shields to avoid key enemy units to move. if you play with battleplans(and you should)they are a valid asset.

Also, mobile -1 to bravery. You can also combo him with a carnosaur for bravey shaenenigans.
>>
File: 1447818323496.png (165 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1447818323496.png
165 KB, 600x600
>>47934732
>>47935198
Already owning a Slaanesh army, They are pretty much the same they ever were, they are lightning fast with lots of attacks, it takes a little more to wound with them but that's fine because they are lightning fast, and the Keeper of secrets is a boss ass bitch, and heralds are nothing to sneeze at either, the addition of more wounds really really helps them on the exalted chariot. from experience I think 19-20 daemonettes in a unit is optimal as it nets you an outrageous number of attacks.
>>
>>47935430
Fair nuff, but it's a sound tactic then?
>>
>>47935520
havin a 10 on 2 dices is too much of a gamble, because if you fail(and you have like only 15% to succeed)the summoner completely wastes his turn and in most cases is just a wandering target.
Also, summoning is basically useless in the new competitive format if thats what you are aiming for.
if you will play standard or narrative tho you can seriosuly think about it.
Just keep in mind GUO isn't a game changer. He's tough to kill but doesn't deal much damage. Its nice to have in the field because its a VERY hard to kill mage that doesn't suck in close combat.
>>
File: Epidemius1.png (689 KB, 654x404) Image search: [Google]
Epidemius1.png
689 KB, 654x404
>>47935572
>Also, summoning is basically useless in the new competitive format
Aw, that sucks, why is that?
>>
>>47935678
Summoned units points must be included in your list. Basically, now summoning is useful only to choose wich units you want on the field AFTER the game begins.
Pretty shitty ihmo.
>>
>>47935737
That and you are pretty much giving whatever you want up to a points value deep strike so you can plop them in better places than having them footslog across the board.
>>
>>47935737
Honestly it woud totally be worth it if you could throw them right into combat. 9" away is fair for a free unit, but for stuff you pay for a shorter summon range, but also shorter charge range would make it a lot more desirable.
>>
File: Blighted_Mansion.jpg (169 KB, 800x654) Image search: [Google]
Blighted_Mansion.jpg
169 KB, 800x654
>>47935737
Oh so it's a shittier version of deepstriking. Great...Awesome...Fantastic...
How dare I have the gall of thinking I would be able to summon something for free.
>>
>>47935796
These rules are for matched play. You can still spam the board with whatever the fuck you want in open play, but in matched play summoning needed to be reigned in. It needed to happen. If you don't think so, then you are a dingus.
>>
>>47935837
And yet free summoning works well in games like malifaux where activation control is a thing because the cost of summoning a model is one of your activations and a particular suit. I understand that warhammer is set to a larger scale but seriously, not as big of a problem escpically considering they limited the numbers of how much stuff you could bring in with a single summon. It's not like the proposed Tzeench list for 40k where you just summoned for the first two rounds to get 4k points in a 2k game.
>>
Start Collecting Slaanesh when?
>>
>>47936709
I'm actually really glad to see people picking up slaanesh. I'm still a little salty they kicked him into the "Plot hole box"
>>
I've been assembling the Silver Tower models, and I have to say I am starting to really like the larger scale models they have switched to for AoS.
>>
File: mWVi2vl.jpg (52 KB, 614x446) Image search: [Google]
mWVi2vl.jpg
52 KB, 614x446
So is any of the Khorne stuff out of the AoS starter any good? It seems like a lot of people around me play Sigmarines, and I was thinking of splitting some starters.
>>
>>47937114
everything except for the monster is pretty solid

even the BSB with the stupid name
>>
>>47937114
>>47937137
The heroes are great, the blood warriors are a staple, and the reavers are likely to be a battleline unit for matched play. A solid start for khorne.

The khorgorath really isnt bad. They are pretty beastly in a group of at least 2+, but it will depend on how cheap they are in points to see whether or not they are useful. I am pretty sure they wont be considered behemoths though for force limits, so there's that at least.
>>
>>47937241
>The khorgorath really isnt bad
it's mediocre and ugly, which is what matters

just take more khorne warriors with the punchdaggerfists and extra heroes for even more synergy
>>
"Wardens of the Flame" work as a Stormhost name? Maybe "of the Forge" would be more on the nose.
>>
>>47933448
>>47933517
>>47933591
Will check it, even double check it. Maybe even today. Stay tuned
>>
>>47937440
wardens of the flame is good. another anon has one called the forgesworn eternals though so theres that
>>
>>47933468
>>47933513
what do you guys mean? is there an official rules set now? whats SCGT? I try to look in the pastebin but theres liek 10 different competing sets there
>>
>>47937675
GW will be releasing a supplement mid-july called the general's compendium. It will include a narrative campaign system and a competitive points system and set of rules and restrictions for matched play.

SCGT was a fanmade points system for tournament play that it is believed GW is taking inspiration from for their own.
>>
>>47937716
what evidence is there that theyre using that rules system? Is it the best one? Did some GW guy say something to that effect?
>>
>>47937794
In the last thread all the leaks of points were eerily similar to the SCGT. Take any SCGT points and multiply it by 20 and you have the GW matched play points system.

Then those other things i mentioned here >>47933513
>>
Could I get a brief rundown of the top ten Big Stompy Beasts in Order? I've been using a High Elf Prince on a Dragon for a while, but I'm considering branching out.
>>
>>47938027
Nagash
Thundertusk
Necrosphinx
Archaon
Stardrake
Soulgrinder
Stonehorn
Hydra
Maw-Crusha
Durthu
>>
I'm a bit annyoed nobody asked the leaks guy whether or not there is some clarification whether or not the 2+ battleline units means it must be at least 2 different units or if one unit worth 2+ units works too. For example one unit of 10 Liberators instead of two units of five each.

This has already been a point of debate in my LGS concerning Formations, so I hope there is some form of clarification this time.
>>
>>47938357
Did you miss the 'in Order' part? Because most of those are from other factions.
>>
>>47938357
>in Order
>posts most of the Death, Destruction and Chaos Beasts and forgets most of the Order beasts that were asked for

>>47938027
Just go to the webstore, filter 'all armies of Order' and unit typ: 'Monster' and have a look at the warscrolls.
>>
>>47938388
Sorry, I stupidly took that as 'in order of power'. I should probably go to bed...
So, disregard what I said earlier, I obviously suck cocks. In the Order Grand Alliance it should look like this:
Stardrake
Engine of the Gods
Durthu
Forstheart Phoenix
Stegadon
Carnosaurus
Hydra
Treelords
High Elf Dragon
Dark Elf Dragon
>>
has anyone seen the points for dwarf thunderers or miners perchance? i did see the other points for warriors/ironbreakers etc...
>>
>>47938534
> Frostheart Phoenix
> Higher than Dragon
Care to explain this? I haven't tried it myself, but by statline it looks rather underwhelming.
>>
>>47938556
Those are not in order, they are just in Order

not confusing at all.
>>
>>47938574
Oh, alright. Cool. I'm debating which of those works best with my current fluff, but so far Treelords are out, as is the Engine of the Gods - both of them seem incredibly tied to their specific faction.

For context, the fluff I'm working with: Tyrion and Teclis didn't help Sigmar hide the Realm of the Heavens for free, you know. They demanded a small amount of Sigmarite for themselves, and have been working it to make their own greatest heroes immortal. The Elven Host fights harder, knowing that should they catch their gods' eyes, they could ascend to immortality as a Not!Stormcast. Was there any mention of anyone other than Sigmar getting the attention/favour of the Stardrakes?
>>
>>47938604
Stardrakes are Dracothion's kin and as such only form bonds with the servants of Sigmar.
Really, if you're playing elves you have a excellent selection of big stuff that also looks like it actually belongs to your faction. I'd start there, if I'm honest.
>>47938556
Not him, but a 4++ on a monster is pretty substantial, even if the monster in question is rather vanilla otherwise.
>>
>>47938670
Yeah, my Prince on a Dragon has been kicking ass, but I'll be real, he's prompted some locals to pick up the Fist of Gork and Skarbrand. The local Ogre Kingdoms player seems generally fine with it. I'm worried about how that's going to escalate, and I want an answer ready, but if the answer is 'Dragon more better' then I shall, indeed, Dragon more better.
>>
So what's the next release for AoS?
>>
>>47938809
Aelves right? I'm hoping steamhead duardin not too long after but eh, no clue.
>>
File: biNivrq.jpg (447 KB, 1280x1276) Image search: [Google]
biNivrq.jpg
447 KB, 1280x1276
>>47938809
This stuff. Minus the skelemen.
<---
>>
>>47938889
>>47938895

Is it Aelves or Treemen and Bug Lady?
>>
>>47938809
>>47938889
If I remember right the rumor mill said Sylvaneth next. Tzeentch and Steamhead Duardin in Fall. Dark Aelf and Slaanesh in Winter.
>>
>>47938917
Treeman and Bug Lady. Aelves should come end of this year/early next year together with Slaanesh stuff.
>>
>>47938809
Age of Sigmar: Azyrexit.
Lord Celestant Nigelius Barrage has roused the people of Azyr and told Sigmar to fuck off with his shitty plan.
>>
>>47938932
Makes sense, Slaanesh was supposed to have eaten them all, right?

>>47938938
I voted leave, matey.
>>
>>47938941
>I voted leave, matey.

Feels good.
>>
>>47938941
Most of them, yes. Since he was so fat after the End Times we wanted to hide to digest the Souls but Malerion and Teclis kidnapped and appear to be beating the souls out of him or something to that extend.

I just want to know what Morathi is gonna be up to... and for her to get a new model get a new model.
>>
>>47938966
It does.

>>47938992
Yeah, that's it.
>>
>>47938992
>Malerion and Teclis kidnapped and appear to be beating the souls out of him or something to that extend.
Trying to torture him to get him to give up the souls, actually. Torturing Slaanesh is working about as well as you'd expect it to.
>>
>>47939022
Give up the souls, cumming them out, what's the difference?
>>
How works spells that can be used more then once a turn, like the one of Kroak with the rule of only one spell?
>>
>>47939153
AoS works similar to Magic in that regard. If the main rules and the rules on the warscroll contradcit, the warscroll takes priority. So Croak would still be able to cast Celestial Deliverance three times since that's part of the spell.
>>
>>47939192
I wonder if i'll still be able to have thanquol and verminking both cast the dreaded thirteenth.

Thanquols ability would be pretty useless if only he or the allied wizard can use the spell, but since thanquol gets a re-roll to cast it still has its uses though.
>>
>>47935678
Nurgling: "Hey, boss, I brought your sword."
Epidemus: "Can't you see I'm writing? The pen is mightier than the sword."
>>
I really hope the new Slaanesh release redoes Daemonettes. That said - I've found a recaster for Juan Diaz daemonettes. Should I take the plunge? I need like 50 so it's probably around £120 which is alright. But if they release new Daemonettes I dunno if I can resell them and get enuff back. Decisions.
>>
>>47939451
The Daemonettes are still relatively new so I highly doubt they'll get new ones this quickly. There could be some new unit type that might be similar to take it's place but looking at the Bloodbound it might also be that the new releases are going to be more focused on the mortal followers of Slaanesh.
>>
>>47939522
That's what I was worried about. I'll wait til points then at least, I reckon I'll probably need some battleline forces sadly, though it looks like I'm within the hero and monster limit. :(

Right now I have :
Bloab Rotspawned,
Bloodstoker,
Lord of Tzeentch on Daemonic Mount(general),
Herald of Tzeentch on Burning Chariot,
Burning Chariot with Exalted Flamer,
2x Gorebeast Chariot,
Warhounds
>>
>>47939451
FUCK I REALISED THE POUND WENT DOWN...........
>>
>>47934555
If by VC Blenderlord you mean the Red Fury unit shredder, then yes, you can, but the only Red Fury Vampire left is Konrad von Carstein who can attack again and again if you send him at really light infantry.

Normal Vampire Lords are basically the gold standard for footslogging Heroes, having very powerful attacks, magic and a Command as well as options for Wings or Nightmare.

Generally though, if you want a damage-dealing Hero, you want one on a monster. Mortarchs, Vampire Lords on Zombie Dragon, Ghoul Kings on either Terrorgheist or Zombie Dragon, Tomb King on Sphinx, all of them are powerful damage-dealer units and most of them can also tank hits well.
>>
>>47939646
~10% FW discount right now for the rest of the world.
>>
>>47935448
Play them with a Skink Starpriest. Starpriests can poison Seraphon bites, giving them a chance for double damage. Since 3 out of 4 attacks a Saurus Knight does are bites, this means a lot of extra damage in the long run. And yes, the stupid Skink is fast enough to keep up with them.
>>
>>47935520
Let's be honest here. If you give Blightkings Sorcerer support, you will probably use the Chaos Sorcerer Lord and not the shitty Rotbringers Sorcerer. And in that case, the Sorcerer Lord is better off casting Daemonic Power on the Blightkings than summoning something.
That said, summoning a bunch of Plague Drones is almost never a bad idea either as they're fast, tough as fuck and make a whole bunch of okay attacks.
>>
>>47936848
I actually love that fact. Sure it seems like they're trolling us, but in the end, thanks to the whole "Slaanesh is gone" plot angle, he has been mentioned a lot more than before. And having him come back at some point will feel incredibly satisfying.

SLAANESH IS COMING
>>
>>47938027
The problem is that Order really doesn't rely on its monsters. A Freeguild General on Griffon for example is not all-powerful but he helps Demigryph Knights out a lot and is pretty tough and killy.
Stardrakes and Magmadroths aren't outright murderous, but almost their entire damage output is in Mortal Wounds and they have nice support.
Black Dragons are theoretically great, but are hampered by having shitty Riders.
High Elf Dragons are all powerful, but not broken.
Treelords and Treelord Ancients aren't too incredible, but they are usually fielded en masse and that makes them good.
Hydras have great attacks and incredible regeneration, but once the opponent has some serious monster killer on its tail, it's dead.
Frostheart Phoenixes are incredible, but really need a Wizard on Dragon along to cast Mystic Shield on them to really shine.
Carnosaurs are fucking ridiculous with their bullshit rules that can make high-Bravery units run away screaming just for spite and their high damage potential.

All in all, if you're looking for the strongest units in Order, you should not look at monsters.
imo the strongest thing in Order is the Celestial Hurricanum as it grants a To Hit buff to all of Order and craps out a ton of Mortal Wounds.

Other than that, just play either a Dragon Mage and a Frostheart Phoenix in tandem or get some Seraphon monsters, as their monsters are almost the best thing about them.
>>
>>47939858
Man Im constantly tempted in getting myself a Celestial Hurricanum and making it look more Dark Aelvish, as well a Carnosaur and putting a Dread Lord on top of it. The combination possibility in Order is super cool but I don't wanna go to crazy with the power gaming.
>>
>>47935796
Not entirely true. As far as we know, summoning is exempt from unit limits, so if you already have your max amount of behemoths/characters, and your army is able to summon those, and you have the points in reserve to do so, you may be able to summon more of them.

Until the book is out/a more reliable leak occurs so we can see the entire section, we can't be to sure, but so far we have only seen points mentioned.

Also, you pick how many points you want in reserve, not what models. So you can choose whatever unit best suits the game.
>>
>>47940001
>Man Im constantly tempted in getting myself a Celestial Hurricanum and making it look more Dark Aelvish
Hey, if Alarielle's rules don't blow me away, I'll take her beetle, put a tree on its back and play that as Hurricanum.
>>
>>47939725
Unfortunately I earn my salary in GBP and the recasters want payment in USD so I'm fucked. Should have bought them 2 months ago.
>>
>>47940127
Shouldn't have left the EU, then.
In all seriousness, that sucks, but I'm sure the GBP will eventually climb up a bit.
>>
>>47940159
>tfw the Generals Handbook singlehandedly saves the value of the British Pount
>>
>>47935469
Kroxigor move faster, hit harder and eat more punishment though
>>
>>47940159
I'm a German citizen working in the UK which makes it even worse, high prices on Daemonettes should probably be the least of my worries.
>>
>>47940301
And you haven't been clubbed to death yet?
>>
>>47940349
I'm 6'7 and 200lbs, that's probably why.
>>
Hey Gents, what are your favourite battleplans? And what ones would you recommend for new players?
>>
>>47935788
>9" away is fair for a free unit

Getting any unit completely for free appearing a mere 9 inches away AND being able to charge is unfair as fuck mate.this isn't even mentioning when you roll a double 6 and summon a mega unit because reasons. if they couldn't charge it might be considered 'fair'

Amazing GW actually agrees and nerfed this shit. Summonfags can suck it
>>
>>47940479
How big are your hands?
>>
>>47940569
I have small hands and feet, great for painting at least.
>>
>>47940657
You paint with your feet?
>>
>>47940560
Start slow. If you don't know the basic rules and start with complicated battleplans, you'll probably get lost between all the special rules. For your first two or three games, just forget about battleplans, play the standard kill em all from the rule sheet and get a feel for the rules. After that, you can basically divide the battleplans in two categories.
1) the ones that lightly alter the game, like just mucking around with deployment or
2) the super crazy ones that try to change the entire gameplay

The second category is easy to spot as they usually have non-standard board sizes or random tables that you roll on every turn. Start with the first category and when you can easily keep track of those, switch to the second. Once those are second nature, you can start adding Time of War rules which add even more crazy randomness and extra spells for your Wizards.
>>
>>47935976
In sigmar you can summon infinite units turn 1. Not exaggeration.
>>
>>47940560
The Watchtower is a neat little change of pace if you want to try something with an objective instead of just 'beat the fuck out of each other'.
My personal favorite is Storm the Walls, though that requires to have something to build some sort of fortress with.
>>
>>47940740
Actually yes, way exaggerated.
Yes, you can summon stuff that can summon stuff that can summon stuff. However, except for the Lord of Change, nothing you can summon can cast two spells a turn, so a single failed casting roll or unbound spell ends the chain right there.
Then, nobody brings infinite models along; you can obviously only summon what you have physical models for.
And finally, the rule of logic. If someone you're playing against summons a unit of Horrors that summons a unit of Horrors that summons a unit of Horrors and you don't simply stand up and walk away, you are literally retarded.
>>
>>47940225
Kroxigor are generally better than Knights, I agree but Kroxigor move 8" while Knights can march and move 14" per turn

Knights also benefit from many buffs that Kroxigor don't
>>
File: img_1308.jpg (122 KB, 640x616) Image search: [Google]
img_1308.jpg
122 KB, 640x616
>>47940740
Other than a Tzeentch list tell me how.

>>47941177
thank you.

>>47940040
>Also, you pick how many points you want in reserve, not what models. So you can choose whatever unit best suits the game.
A fair point.

>>47939773
Yeah I've got a box of drones that I was given cause they didn't want to play anymore.
I had heard demonic power was good with blightkings but no one felt like elaborating on what else is a good lord to run with Blightkings other than Glottkin (which I'm reserved on buying with points looming on the horizon) and Gutrot whom I was told isn't really great so much as he is trolly due to his wound regen.

>>47939790
>SLAANESH IS COMING
someone get a towel before we get drenched in all this "Chaos"
>>
>>47940568
They could have handled it in a way where you don't get fucked for taking summoning. Like 2 decent options right here:

>buy them as part of points, can summon like normal within half range of spell to the caster, 5" from enemies

>free, enemy can dispel summons from across the board, if you fail the casting roll then it's a miscast and you take a negative

Or even like scgt where they limited summons and magic. Most people would tell you that summoning isn't a huge deal because it's 9" away and usually takes a turn or 2 to do stuff.
>>
>>47942046
See I'd be fine with having a limit, saying it can't go over a certain amount over your army's total. But pulling it from reserves just sounds really shitty to me for some reason.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160624-123551.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160624-123551.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
Look guys, we got quoted 3rd hand on BOLS
>>
Out of curiosity, how did the Ironjawz turn out in terms of general play and effectiveness?
>>
>>47942273
Wow, the guy that wrote that "article" straight up doesn't know how summoning works in AoS. I knew BOLS is pretty shitty but that's just garbage.
>>
>>47941618
>but no one felt like elaborating on what else is a good lord to run with Blightkings other than Glottkin and Gutrot
Yeah, theoretically the Glottkin are the best, but they're overkill. Gutrot, while an incredible beatstick who can tie up the biggest monsters, is really not a good general for the reasons you described.
The best Nurgle general for all but the biggest games is probably the Harbinger of Decay, whose Command gives you that tasty 5+ save-after-the-save bubble and thanks to his Daemonic mount activates the Plague Drones' Locus ability. He isn't too killy though, especially for a model of his size, but for a tough buffer he's golden.
>>
>>47942321
None of them play AoS. They're part of the crowd that still thinks it's garbage because they can't understand a social contract.
>>
Does anyone know where to get a starter painting kit?Never really played any tabletop games and just wanted to get into painting the models for now.
>>
>>47942432
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Citadel-Build-Paint-Set-US
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Stormcast-Eternals-Starter-Paint-Set-2016
either of these would be a great start
>>
>>47942432
This is probably the best value you can get

http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/painting-and-modelling/starter-sets/product/warpaints-starter-paint-set.html

And the same site has assembly sets with glue, and other starter sets if you need them.
>>
>>47942302
Solid, but with some glaring issues. You have rock-solid melee performance, both in terms of taking the hits as well as in dishing them out, but you have some real issues in actually getting there, as most of your stuff is slow and the few fast bits are kinda junk (Gore-Gruntas). Megabosses are terrifying and will eviscerate entire units on their own, they are probably one of the best fighty hero footsloggers in the game right now.
In general, I'd compare them to sigmarines, except with none of the fancy teleport stuff or the beastly ranged game. 'ard Boys are basically Liberators (arguably actually better), Brutes are Paladins and Gore-Gruntas are somewhere between Prosecutors and Dracothian Guard, except not as good.
Basically, they *really* want some support units from other greenskin factions. Also, the Destruction Battle Trait based leak-anon mentioned is a god-send for them.
>>
In my opinion, although it sort of sucks for players who like summoning, the idea of getting free army points is simply unreasonable. Daemons and Seraphon units are most certainly on average, good to amazing. By using summoning, you can not only get closer, but you have the ability to summon more monsters than allowed nornally. Further more, it gives you a tactical edge in that you can choose what you need when you need it. Before hand, you basically got a leg up on anyone NOT using summoning.

Honestly, if anybody should feel bad about this, its Undead players, whose troops are far worse, and relied on numbers to hold of their oppenents
>>
>>47938992
>and for her to get a new model get a new model
It would probably be a huge fatass monster with lazy design and fucked up anatomy. So we are better off sticking to the old one.
>>
>>47942514

Interesting. Remind me, would taking that Greenskin support interfere with the theme bonuses/battleline stuff?
>>
>>47942567
Taking greenskins and ironjawz would just mean you cant take ardboys, gore gruntas, or brutes as battleline troops. So in a 1000pt game, the 2+ battlelines you need to take would have to come from the greenskinz. But after you fill that requirement you can take whatever the hell you want, up to 4 leaders, 4 behemoths, 4 warmachines, stuff like that.
>>
>>47942503
>>47942504
Thanks guys.I was planning on starting with an army of beast men.Are there bundles of miniatures for each faction or will i need to buy them individually?
>>
>>47942612

Thanks again.
>>
How much support from other elements do Fyreslayers need? They seem pretty vulnerable to guns, and look outclassed by the upper end of melee monsters.
>>
>>47942644
fraid not. But more start collecting sets get released every month, if you want to keep an eye on the GW site for updates.
>>
>>47942644
Not for each faction yet. Look at the start collecting sets

If one you are interested in is not there, you would need to buy the kits individually.

But you dont need to buy them all at the same time. Warhammer is a hobby, and you slowly build up your force. Get a box or 2, then build and paint them, then buy another box, and so on.
>>
>>47942273
L'Astropate quoted 4chan.
>>
>>47942700
They can work on their own perfectly well, but you need to play dirty with them. As in, take two footslogging Runesmiters and use their rule to set up Auric Hearthguard right next to your opponent's scariest shit, then shoot said shit with your great big Magmapikes. Yes, that's a jerk move your opponent will hate, but it's literally their only way of dealing with war machines. Other than that, they need lots of Hero support and their monsters, while not great, are a lifeline.
>>
>>47942803

I had been thinking something like:

Rune father on magmadroth
Rune smiter
Battle master
Rune master
3 x grimwrath Berzerkers
2x 20 vulkite berzerker with musicians
10 auric Hearthguard
5 Hearthguard Berzerkers
>>
>>47941618
Spume is a devastatingly powerful fighter for a infantry hero, roughly on par with the megaboss. His command trait is a love-ot-or-leave-it affair (I don't like it since it does jack-all for my army; others swear by it), but the rest of his abilities and stats are excellent.
Festus isn't a bad adition, either. Curse of the Leper is a 28" bubble of NOPE, since very few units want to risk having their save debuffed *permanently*, not to mention handling the problem of BK having shit rend. His healing/mortal wounds ability works well with Blightkings, too.
Harbinger of Decay has a bitchin' mini and maybe one of the best Command Abilities of the Nurgle forces. He's got a bit bullseye on his head though and he's kinda difficult to protect, so beware.
The Lord of Plagues handing out Nurgle's Rot is also kinda nice. He's small enough to hide in Blightkings and tough enough to justify using as a General, too.
>>
>>47942828
The runemaster is a trap, he provides more disadvantages than benefits.
Battlesmith is also not that hot, but he has his uses.
>>
File: roster.jpg (811 KB, 1617x2161) Image search: [Google]
roster.jpg
811 KB, 1617x2161
Small teaser for all of you.

I have confirmed that summoning works as I said yesterday. You pay points only for bringing new units to battlefield so undead are safe with their standards returning models previously slain in battle.

Deep striking units are same as now.

Rules like phoenix returning on a 4+ work as written, you dont pay summon points for bringing it back to life, its part of model cost you pay at the start.

In addition to new Sylvaneth units there are also new units for orks and some renamed units for ogres in new yet unrevealed battletome
>>
Are the AoS novels from Black Library actually decent? I get that they want to promote their new game, but the setting seems to be nothing but a bunch of high-concept but incoherent stuff. There doesn't seem to be an actual "world" to it. Am I wrong, and do the novels help?
>>
File: tumblr_mktkwyussE1s3g3ago1_400.gif (445 KB, 400x183) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mktkwyussE1s3g3ago1_400.gif
445 KB, 400x183
>>47943598
>new orcs and ogres
>excitment_intensifies.jpg
Do tell! I am really curuious aboout their names!
Also kinda iffy about teleports being unchanged, considering how broken the Knight-Vexillor or the Skyborne Slayers are.
>>
>>47943128

Guess I could flip the master for another smiter.

Any opinion on unit loadouts and sizes?
>>
>>47943598
No new stuff for the dispossessed or grungni duardin? They are supposed to get a battletome sometime soon and I was hoping they would at least get something new.
>>
>>47943598
new lizards w h e n GW

thanks for the information, dude
>>
>>47943646
Bonesplitterz, they are present in Grand Alliance : Destruction but have like 4 warscrolls.
Here are 9 Warscroll Battalions and following models I cant really connect with anything currently available
Savage Big Stabbas
Savage Boarboyz Maniaks
Savage Orruk Arrowboys
Savage Orruk Morboys
Maniak Weirdnob
Wardokk
Wurrgog Prophet
please note some might be just renamed.
>>
>>47943598
>Rules like phoenix returning on a 4+ work as written, you dont pay summon points for bringing it back to life, its part of model cost you pay at the start.
retarded
>>
>>47943667
20 Vulkites are fine. I prefer 15, but either works fine. Also, I like having one Grimwrath for each unit of Vulkites, as a sort of hidden missile. I run one unit with dual axes (horde blender) and one with pick and shield (the additional Rend and the Mortal Wounds mean they do well hunting low to mid-tier elite units).
Auric hearthguard should either be taken in multiple units of 5 if you run them as is, or as a single blob if you deepstrike them via Runesmiter (in which case 10 is a nice number)
Hearthguard Berzerkers work great at 10, I feel. I haven't run them in any other arrangement, so take this with a grain of salt. I like the broadaxes, but most people swear by poleaxes (and math supports this).

The Runesmiter has no business in melee (outside the occasional Hail-Mary charge) anyway, so might as well bring the key, the runic iron is not going to help much.
The Runeson is up to playstyle, either is viable.
>>
>>47943667
First, play more Auric Hearthguard, they're the best unit you have. Second, play Vulkite Berzerkers in units of 30 not 20 so they don't lose their size bonus with the first casualty. For weapons, I prefer pick and slingshield, as the shield is a bit of a crapshoot but powerful when it works and the pick gives you Rend on your basic goddamn infantry, which is great and not too common.
With the Hearthguard Berzerkers, I'd use the one that can deal mortal wounds because semi-reliable mortal wounds are always nice.
Other than that, the Grimwrath is good, but you really don't need 3. Stay at one and boot the Runemaster.
Also, in Godbeasts and the Battletome there's a Battalion with a Runesmiter and 3 units of Auric Hearthguard and it's amazing, especially since it consists of stuff you want anyway.

You could also put the Runeson on the Magmadroth and let the Runefather footslog, as everyone goes for the big bad monster first and you don't want your general to have the biggest bullseye in the army.
>>
>>47943646
>>47943731
Beastclaw Raiders (ogres)
Thundertusk and Stonehorn have 3 warscrolls each. One with "Beastriders" as crew, one with "Frostlord" and last one with "Huskard"
no new models
also around 8 new warscroll battalions for them
>>
>>47943812
calm down. likely those units with a possiblity of coming back will be priced higher. they are paying for that kind of stuff, not getting it free
>>
>>47943605
Yep, the novels are decent. Some are great.
>>
>>47943811
Arrowboys are probably just savage orcs with bows split into a seperate warscroll. Same goes for the Big Stabbas.
Wurrgog feels like it might be Wurrzag.
Baoraboys be boarboys, I assume.
Wardokk, Maniac Weirdnob and Morboys I can't really thing of anything.
>>
>>47943885
Gav Thorpe detected
>>
>>47943834
>>47943837

So perhaps

30x Vulkites (pick + shield)
30x Vulkites (axes)
15x Hearthguard Berzerkers (poleaxes)
10x Auric Hearthguard
>>
>>47933417
Once it was grimdark. Now it is a high fantasy.
>>
>>47943859
How exciting! It might be like the Crypt Horrors/Varghulfs, where the remaining kit options form another warscroll, i.e. one for two riders (Beastriders), one for a single rider (Huskard) and one for a single Hero (Frostlord).
>>
>>47943917
Gav wrote like a total of maybe 2 AoS novels.

Josh Reynolds and Guy Haley wrote most of AoS novel fiction.
>>
>>47943598
Can we know these names, please?

Oh, I'd like to know something about the Narrative Play.
>>
>>47943811
Big Stabbas as their own warscroll? Not sure how to feel about that, as that'd mean they can be singled out by fucking Kroak but it also clears up any misunderstanding about Savage Orruk unit sizes.

Arrowboys and Morboys are probably just the standard Savage Orruks divided into two warscrolls, the Boarboyz Maniaks are probably just renamed Savage Orruk Boarboyz.
Maniak Weirdnob is probably the Shaman on boar and the Wurrgog Prophet will probably be Wurrzag given the Arch Warlock treatment.
Leaves the Wardokk...
>>
>>47943934
A combination of high fantasy and mythic fantasy, yes.
>>
>>47943926
Sounds better, though two 30-Vulkite blobs seems a bit overkill..
>>
>>47943948
I just picked the only BL author I've seen post here
>>
>>47943981

Could drop one and run more Auric, I suppose
>>
>>47943969
>combination of high fantasy and mythic fantasy,
Fairie tales.
>>
If the Incarnates became Gods in AoS, where are Grimgor and Gelt? And that dick elf who got Fire I guess.
>>
>>47943963
boarboyz and boarboyz maniaks are two different scrolls.
Also I dont think they will rename units already present in GA: Destruction
>>
>>47943837
I disagree on the Auric Hearthguard, their guns are quite poor and have below average range, not to mention their lockdown being highly unreliably. If at least they had some decent melee...
>>
>>47943926
Split apart the Vulkites, 15 is plenty for units with only Range 1".
>>
>>47944017
Dead.

The Incarnates that didn't die became gods.
>>
>>47944017
We don't know, presumably dead.
>>47944005
Eh, nothing wrong with fairy tales, either.
>>
>>47943871
Its just a retarded way to balance a game.

50% chance your extra points give you nothing.
50% chance you get an insanely huge model back on the field.

Add in an Anointed and you give that model a 4+ invuln save, too.
>>
>>47944046

Just for comparison, what do your lists typically look like?
>>
File: Whitest cucks u know.png (101 KB, 216x275) Image search: [Google]
Whitest cucks u know.png
101 KB, 216x275
>>47944086
Then kill the Anointed, does it come back? doesn't the pheonix only restore d6 wounds? that's nothing.

the real problem is them overcosting shit like this to the point of uselessness

>inb4 the Hellpit costs a fuckton
>>
>>47943605
Define "decent". Like most of GW's fiction, it's all rubbish.
>>
>>47944095
Auric Runefather on Magmadroth
Auric Runesmiter
Grymwrath Berzerker
Grymwrath Berzerker

Vulkite Berzerkers (15, twin axes)
Vulkite Berzerkers (15; pick&shield)
Auric Hearthguard (5)
Auric Hearthguard (5)
Hearthguard Berzerkers (10; broadaxes)

This was the setup I used last Saturday in two games. I really need a second (and a third) Magmadroth; even with the Hearthguard Berzerkers Magmatunnel-ing in behind the enemy to provide pressure, the Runefather takes a severe pounding from turn 1 if he's alone.
>>
>>47944143
The Anointed is part of the model

The Phoenix is restored with the Anointed
>>
>>47944020
Okay, let's break it down.
Their guns are not quite poor. Their guns have two shots each (for a 1-wound-model) with -1 Rend and 4+/3+. That's already stronger wound-per-wound than most other ranged unit in the game and at 8" range you get yet another, weaker, attack. That's three shots per wound!
Additionally, though 15" is not an impressive range, they suffer absolutely zero penalties to firing on the move. The same cannot be said for their closest competitor, the Irondrakes.
Additionally, in melee they are exactly as killy wound-per-wound as Liberators, which means that for shooty infantry, they're decently choppy as well.
The lockdown is actually pretty reliable if you play multiple small units and can utterly cripple your opponent's scariest monster.

I have no idea what godly unit you are comparing them to when you judge them quite poor. I honestly don't, because literally everything else in the game is worse in some way. Stormcasts with bows have less shots per model, never mind per wound. Stormcasts with crossbow, Glade Guard, Horrors, Freeguild Archers, Quarrelers, Ungor Raiders et cetera all have either fewer shots per wound, less Rend or both.
From a mere damage standpoint, NOTHING compares to these guys except for Flamers and those guys have no Rend either.
The only problem they have is the range, which is not too big of an issue since unlike, say, Freeguild Handgunners, Irondrakes or Leadbelchers, they can fire on the move with no penalties.

>>47944086
Seems pretty fair risk-reward-wise to me. Let's say you pay 150% of what the model without the special rule would be worth. Now there's a 50% chance you get it back, so it brought in 200% of its cost or a 50% chance you don't and it only brought 100%. Balances out to 150%, thus fair.
>>
>>47941177
>And finally, the rule of logic. If someone you're playing against summons a unit of Horrors that summons a unit of Horrors that summons a unit of Horrors and you don't simply stand up and walk away, you are literally retarded.
So if anyone ever abuses the rules you should just end the game, and therefore it's not a problem that the rules can be abused, that's what you're saying, right?
What I don't understand is why it's a problem to have a rule that stops the potential for abuse? If this problem isn't a problem because no one will ever do it, then why is it a problem to have a rule stopping them from doing something they won't ever do? What's being lost? What's the drawback?
>>
>>47943983

how do you know he's posted here?
>>
>>47944252

Conversely, would you mind posting what sort of list you normally play? I'd like to try the strategies both of you have offered.
>>
>>47944252
>The lockdown is actually pretty reliable if you play multiple small units and can utterly cripple your opponent's scariest monster.
That's not how it works. You can use as many units as you want, it's still only one d6 at the end of the phase.
>>
>>47944255
Because there actually is legitimate reason for summoning to exist?
Death armies in particular have infantry that is purposefully underpowered, so that summoning them doesn't hurt the opponent too bad. You cannot account for how many extra Zombies you will need throughout the game, so the game giving you a hardcap makes no logical sense whatsoever.
>oh, your Necromancer has summoned 50 Zombies so far, now he can't summon anymore and their bites can't infect anyone anymore for no fucking reason. But you know that Standard that resurrects dead Zombies? That still works just fine.
Yeah, sounds real intuitive, doesn't it?

Also
>So if anyone ever abuses the rules you should just end the game, and therefore it's not a problem that the rules can be abused, that's what you're saying, right?
Yeah. It's a faglord trap. If anyone does it, you know he's a person you don't want to play against. That's what I like about AoS. It shows you who's in it for the fun and who's a damn munchkin.
>inb4 shilling design flaws as features
>>
>>47944524
And that holds water exactly until Nagash shits two entire armies worth of model on the board at the start of turn 1. And then does it again every turn that follows. And about a third of that stuff will promptly start summoning stuff itself.
>>
>>47944373
Well, for example

>Runeson on Magmadroth
>Runefathee
>Runesmiter
>Grimwrath Berzerker
>Battlesmith

>Vulkite Berzerkers w/ Picks, Slingshields and Throwing Axes (30)
>Auric Hearthguard (10) (These go with the 'smiter)
>Auric Hearthguard w/ Throwing Axes(7)
>Auric Hearthguard w/ Throwing Axes(8)
>Hearthguard Berzerkers w/ Poleaxes and Throwing Axes (10)

About like this. The Battlesmith advances along the HBs to trigger their save-after-the-save and the AHs To Hit buff. If he dies, the AHs advance toward him and vow to stand their ground, upping their damage output dramatically. The Vulkites spread themselves out, to form a sort of dragnet in front of your other stuff. The general is the Runefather, so it doesn't hurt too badly if the opponent focuses on the Magmadroth
>>
>>47944581
If your opponent fields nagash, you better field something equivalent, so i don't see the problem.
If my opponent ever field nagash i want to field at least 2 big models.
>>
>>47944581
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
You actually do believe that, don't you? Oh, cheers m8, got me to giggle.

Do you really think someone would actually play Nagash and then purposefully leave 40 Zombies, 2 Zombie Dragons, 2 Terrorgheists, 10 Black Knights, 40 Skeleton Warriors, 6 Spirit Hosts and 10 Hexwraiths just so he could shove them onto the table that turn? Nobody even has that kind of stuff and even if they did, they'd actually field it from the start.
Yes, Nagash COULD do that, but nobody is actually ABLE to do that.

>And about a third of that stuff will promptly start summoning stuff itself.
Bullshit. Not a single Death unit that can be summoned can cast spells. Only Daemons can pull that trick off and of those, the only ones you can realistically summon are Pink Horrors and Heralds of Tzeentch.
>>
>>47942270
Sounds like the only way to balance it for matched play though, sure in open games you can go nuts and pull what ever you want out of your army case but the utility of summoning makes it ridiculous in a competitive environment.
>>
>>47944732
Let's say you're playing under a wound system, just for the sake of this conversation, and let's assume 80 wounds. This gives me around 30 stormcast and my opponent could bring Nagash, a Mortis engine, a Corpse Cart and some Morghast. Do you *really* think any Death player that's been part of the hobby has only those models? At least locally we have people with upward of 800 skeletons, for a start. Not to mention a large selection of zombie dragons and similar shit.
As for summoned units summoning units:
>What are Vampires on Zombie Dragons?
>What are Ghoul Kings on Terrorgheists?
>>
We got any Skaven leaks yet?

Really curious to see what Censer bearers, Rat ogres, and Abominations cost

I was wondering what the skryre mainstay unit is. Globadiers?
>>
>>47944646
I find it interesting that every single Fyreslayers list I've seen invariably includes a footslogging Runesmiter and at least one Grimwrath. Come hell or high water, these two *must* be in every list.
>>
>>47944897
>As for summoned units summoning units:
>>What are Vampires on Zombie Dragons?
>>What are Ghoul Kings on Terrorgheists?

Have a look-see at these units' Warscrolls. They don't have summoning spells on them. Only the rider-less versions do. And as of Battletome:Flesh-Eater Courts, not even the rider-less versions do.

>Nagash, a Mortis engine, a Corpse Cart and some Morghast
a) With that army, you already know perfectly well what he's planning and if you agree to that game, you deserve whatever happens to you
b) Still doesn't change the fact that nobody has the models to use Nagash's summoning to the fullest.
>b-but Zombies are easy to transport! People can cart 800 Zombies around easily!
Do I care? "Any Wizard can only attempt each spell once per friendly Hero Phase", so if he only brings Zombies, he can only summon a maximum of 40 Zombies per turn.

Give it up. Logistically, nobody is able to use Nagash to the fullest. Yes, he is a wang-sandwich that is potentially the most overpowered model in the game. As he should be. He's the freaking God of Undeath of the entire setting. IF logistics were no problem, he'd be literally impossible to beat, but this is a tabletop game, not a computer game, so logistics are always a key factor.
>>
>>47944924
Of course. The footslogging Runesmiter solves one of the biggest problems the army has, whereas the Grimwrath perfectly embodies the faction. Too stubborn to die? Check. Tough as hell with a bonus when he's ridiculously outnumbered? Check. Ridiculous damage output? Check.
>>
>>47944897
If you are playong wounds, you are playing open
that means a simple "for fun" game
if my opponent brings Nagash, a Mortis engine, a Corpse Cart i can
a)ask for more wounds because fuck nagash. i have never met any problem because wound IS NOT POINTS. the rule state player simply alternates fielding models so i just field more. Unless my opponent is a retarded faglord full of shit, he''ll allow me to field extra wounds because nagash is a fucking god. Otherwise, that guy is someone i won't have any fun playing with anyway and id just look for another player.

OIr, i can answer his cheese bringing cheese, with celestial prime, 2 stardrakes and at least 8 dracoths plus some lord relictors to heal my dragons(and brink extra mortal wounds) and a castellant or two to have undispellable mystic shields.
fucking stardrake shits on d6 units on the field d3 mortal wounds each and also has a shooting attack that severly wounds units with a lot of models; dracoths can shit EACH d3 attacks 2 mortal wounds on shooting phase plus 3 attacks each 3+3+ 3 damage on the charge. And you WILL charge. With extreme mobility(which death lacks), a LOT of mortal wounds every turn, insane damage on the charge you will have the supremacy both on movement for battleplans that requires footslogging and on the fighting phase, because you will rip apart anything that stands on your path. skellies simply won't resist your charges.
Well, excluding nagash. that guy is better left alone.
>>
>>47945013
>people actually defending uncapped summoning
>in a objective based game

It doesn't fucking matter if your 10+ zombies each of your caster summons each turn don't kill my stuff. It is perfectly fine if they simply clogg up everything and deny me the battlefield. And honestly, with 4 death wizards you have no problem shitting out 60-80 zombies per turn.
>>
>>47938895
I dont like AoS and I generally dont like the aesthetics but if they do half tree half elf fae spirits or whatever, and its not shitty over the top copy pasted design,I'm going to buy that shit.
>>
File: download.jpg (18 KB, 298x169) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
18 KB, 298x169
Quick!
Which system is the true successor to whfb?

http://www.strawpoll.me/10579080
>>
>>47945165
The one made by the makers of whfb.
>>
>>47945154
I am also looking forwards to owning those models, even if though I know they will cost $100 for 3
>>
>>47945165
none of the above

if I want to play warhammer fantasy battles, I'll play warhammer fuckin' fantasy battles
>>
>>47945165
>>47945176
Age of Sigmar is too different from 8th to be viewed, and thus judged, as a successor. It should be seen as its own entity and judged upon its own merits.
>>
>>47945140
Sure, average game length is 5 turns, so 5 friendly Hero Phases. 20 Zombies max per caster, 40 for Nagash, so with 4 Death-Wizards, you summon 80 Zombies per turn, so 400 Zombies per game.

1) If you do that, you forgo doing other things with your spells, meaning no Vanhel's Danse Macabre, no magic missiles, no Mystic Shield
2) If you buy 400 Zombies to make a point about shitty rules, then please give me some of the money you seem intent on burning
3) I have yet to see more than 3 Battleplans where area denial would have any sort of impact on the victory conditions.
4) Unsupported Zombies die to a stiff breeze and Quarrelers, Blightkings and similar units have a field day with slow infantry with no saves

I am defending this. And I will continue to defend this. The only thing I will admit is that summoning monsters is a problem. And as of Flesh-Eater Courts, GW seems to be addressing that problem as Terrorgheists and Zombie Dragons lost their summoning spells.
Nothing is as disheartening as the monster you just spent three turns killing standing there again, fully healed and in your face. But I couldn't care less about someone tossing a couple dozen Zombies or Skellingtons at me.

>>47945154
We've already seen their artwork. Look through the Archive or beg someone to upload the pics. If the Sprite Revenants look only half as good as their artwork, I think they'll look incredible.
>>
File: fey-Sylvaneth-768x576.jpg (81 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
fey-Sylvaneth-768x576.jpg
81 KB, 768x576
>>47945154
Like this?
>>
>>47945154
Also, these.
>>
>>47945154
And here.
>>
>>47945289
>1) If you do that, you forgo doing other things with your spells, meaning no Vanhel's Danse Macabre, no magic missiles, no Mystic Shield

Not needed if the opponent never manages to gain any significant foothold in the game.

>2) If you buy 400 Zombies to make a point about shitty rules, then please give me some of the money you seem intent on burning

Glad we can agree that the rules are shitty.

>3) I have yet to see more than 3 Battleplans where area denial would have any sort of impact on the victory conditions.

I have a hard time thinking of a battleplan wher denying the opponent any kind of movement isn't gamebreaking.

>4) Unsupported Zombies die to a stiff breeze and Quarrelers, Blightkings and similar units have a field day with slow infantry with no saves

And here is where you should have realized that you don't need 400 zombies. 100 are enough seeing that the opponent clobbers them away like nothing.. and still not gaining any significant foothold on the table.

But yes, if your opponent has to defend, clogging up won't do. But summoning stuff that isn't chaff will fuck them over.

But you know, matched play is going to be good for the both of us: I don't have to play with retards like you and you don't have to play with 'no-fun allowed' like me.
>>
File: Alarielle-Beetle-Rider-768x576.jpg (79 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
Alarielle-Beetle-Rider-768x576.jpg
79 KB, 768x576
>>47945154
And the last.
>>
>>47945041
The grimwrath is rediculous, saw a match where a grimwrath and a magmadroth charged a bloodthirster(one with big axe) Magmadroth attacked and did 1 wound, then the bloodthrister olled rediculous and instantly killed the magmadroth. At this point we thought that the bloodthirster would win. Then grimwrath just opened an urgold can of kickass, did 7 wounds then rolled to see if the could attack again, which he did and finished off the bloodthirster.
>>
>>47945358
Yeah well, we can at least agree to disagree. You will never admit that playing with unrestricted summoning might actually work, I will never admit that the hypothetical scenarios you propose could ever actually happen.
The good thing is that we most likely live in different time zones, so we'll never have to continue this discussion in person.
>>
>>47945435
>You will never admit that playing with unrestricted summoning might actually work,
Third party here, it does work. In open play, not in matched play.
>>
Just picked up the pestilin start collectin box decently cheap. Decided to make the bell and the lightning cannon. I cut out the giant rats and the little plague monk ones and I'm debating on using them as either giant rats or rat swarms. Which is more useful?

Thanks guys!
>>
>>47945358
>>47945289
Its fun because shitter probably never played the game more than once, when they forgot to read the rules(which is only 4 pages)before throwing everything up in the air and yelling
UNPLAYABLE MESSSSSSS

Do you recognize summoning actually has to be done
a)within 18"
and
b)more than 9" from enemy?
The only turns where you can safely summon models are maybe the first 2.
Average games ends on 4th/5th turn. After the second turn if your opponent isn't a retard he'll have his units pread so you will have no area to summon.
And yes, nagash is OP, but since the game asks you not to count wounds but to field models 1 unit each player if your opponent fields him you just to throw a ridicolously big unit to compensate. Again, with stormcasts: 2 stardrakes or a unit of 6 dracoth are enough to rip and tear any skelly units nagash can bring in a whiff.
also
>>47945450
never had any problem with unrestricted summoning. Usually players are simply chill about it and not WAAC fags, but in most cases(aka EVERY mage other than monsters):
a)the mage skips an activation to summon 10 regular demons on the field. You still have only a 65% of success, so in almost 40% of the cases you will waste a unit activation.
b)your mage simply fails to cast the spell. Multiple mages can help ensuring safe summonings but that's literally wasting unit slots.
c9you try to summon big units because small ones don't break the game-and you want the game broken, don't you? minimum casting roll is 10. you have roughly an 85% chance to fail the roll.
Literally breaking the game!
>>
>>47945670
Giant rats are easier to build and amass, probably a little better and have packmaster synergy.

Though the ones on the monk sprue are more of a joke as they wear robes and stand upright, they work better in a swarm visually

wait until we know if giant rats or swarms are the Moulder core troop and then go from there.
>>
>>47945670
>and the lightning cannon
your lack of fiath in the mighty purulence of the plagueclaw disturbs me and the horned rat.
>>
>>47945945
Was it that big a mistake? I'LL TAKE IT APART AND DO IT AGAIN
>>
>>47945742
>WAAC fags
This is matched play, not open play.
Your experience in open play means absolutely nothing.
>>
>>47946031
if you want something utterly broken, the lighting warp cannon is what you want. It deals so many fucking mortal wounds, but at least is only 24".
Plagueclaw is..decent? if it hits and the enemy doesn't save it hurts, but it's a big gamble because "muh monoattack".
>>47946046
Who even has experience in matched play? its not even fucking out you retard. people have only experience in open play.
In matched play summoning will be only a deeps triking option
>>
>>47946031
You will rebuild it immediately or suffer the wrath of the Great Corrupter

Also the plagueclaw is really good versus infantry, whereas the lightning cannon is just okay versus monsters
>>
>>47946081
>Who even has experience in matched play?
The people who playtested GWs rule set.

>In matched play summoning will be only a deeps triking option
Good.
>>
>>47946081
>In matched play summoning will be only a deeps triking option

I don't know why people are still saying this. It is similar to deep strike, but it isn't exactly like it.

First of all, you do not select so many points worth of models to reserve for summoning, you just select so many points. You can decide what models you want to use those points on the moment you decide to summon, so you basically have an army list you write on the fly.

Secondly, and this isn't entirely confirmed until we can see the entire ruleset to be sure, but book-anon didn't correct it, summoning lets you go over unit type limits. If you already have the maximum amount of heroes, behemoths or artillery, and you have access to a spell to let you summon a unit with those keywords, then you can STILL summon them.
>>
File: image.jpg (282 KB, 769x1038) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
282 KB, 769x1038
>>47945945
I run 2 lightnings, a plague claw, and thanquol and ripsky with the warp fire
>>
are these god beasts gonna be models or what?
>>
>>47946750
probably not. They re too huge to be fielded an most of them does not even have a drawing.
i was very disappointed when, during Godbeast a lot of action takes place literally on a continental size Godbeast with the skavens and stormcasts fighting to either purge or corrupot it and you never see it. not even in a fucking sketch at the bottom of the page. Instead you get MORE drawings of stormcasts clashing.
So disappointing.
>>
>>47946750
Yes but it's a brand new idea. They are too big to be made into models so GW is going to sell costumes that will allow the players to be the Godbeasts.

Players will stand on the table and be their own models.
>>
>>47946806
It's just one big ass giant/gargant.

You got to see Ignax.
>>
>>47946750
highly fucking unlikely anon, they would be the size of a entire gaming table or bigger. (forge world might however)
>>
>>47946750
>>47946812
>>47946891
>>47946832
Eeven tho, building a table with one(partial)godbeast in it(static, of course)has the potential to be extremely cool.
>>
Can't believe they back pedalled so hard on how they wanted summoning to work - forgot about their casualty count, even more toned down than heelanhammer, and even 8th ed casting.

Nothing to make summoner armies play any differently to any other army now.

Boring shit with the return of the anal players "This is matched play for cool kids only!".
>>
The Stormcast are surprisingly interesting, fluffwise. For all the Sigmarine jokes they're very different. The narrative doesn't even seem to treat them as the ultimate force of the setting.
>>
>>47947480
THANKYOU! You are one of the few that actually get it. It's weird to me how so many see the armor and pauldrons and cant get over space marines.

Maybe it's GWs fault for designing them too similar, or maybe everyone is just pleb.

But I like their design, aesthetic, and fluff. I don't even collect space marines.
>>
>>47947296
>I purchased seven Terrorgheists and now I'm fucked
>Hurrr a balanced game means GW haets fun you guise!

Yeah you fucking drink that sunk cost fallacy boy.
>>
>>47947296
You realize you can summon any of your dudes that die for free right?
>>
>>47947573

The Hmmph helmets are vaguely silly, but I think they look pretty cool in general.
>>
>>47948021
>>47947573
>>47947480
Their design is...okay. They are BAD because they use only one design repeated over and over with no differences between units to replicate space marines success. i judicators weren't just liberators with bow..and prosecutors liberators with wings...they would have been SO much better.

Fluffwise, they are great.
They are the most power metal things I ever saw. They are the only beacon of hope of a dying universe, with thunder in the blood and armour made from the molten and blaze aflame core of a dead world.
Come fucking on, its great.
Its the wanky campaign "STORMCASTSTORMCASTSTORMCAST"that is reeeeally boring.
>>
>>47948311

I can agree to that. More variety in design would be nice, as well as less of the Wolfs Wolving their Wolfguns stuff.
>>
>>47948337
Also, their fluff isn't well represented by the models.
Original blanche designs were great and I hate how they had to go for the "marine-ish"look.
They still look okay, its the complete lack of variety that makes them boring.
>>
>>47948386

"Original Blanche designs"?
>>
>>47948311
> dying universe

Dying? No. The Realms might be a little tainted but it's not dying. The writers (Gav, Josh, etc) make it clear that the Age of Sigmar is the beginning of Age of hope and renewal. Basically, it's the "Great Crusade" where the forces of Order take the fight to Chaos and rebuild and reunite what was scattered and lost.

The one recent example of this is the global campaign where the people of Sigmar are building three massive cities in the Realm of Life to act as a beacon of hope across the realms and a message to the forces of Chaos that their Age of tyranny is finally over.
>>
Nevertheless, anyone mind sharing some example Stormcast lists?
>>
>>47948409
Yep. They were less armored, regular wings on prosecutors, human faces clearly shown, a lot of garments...a lot different from sigmarines.
Can't fin the pic now, if any other anon shares it itd be much appreciated.
>>47948455
Depeds on what do ou want to field, how do you want to play and with wich comp are you playing. I can give you general tips depending on what you like.
>>
>>47943811

Nice to hear that Bonesplitterz will be the next Orc faction getting focused on. Wardokk is kind of cool too since it fits with the stereotypical African tribal theme they've got going on.

>>47945341

I hope at least one piece of future art has a close up of Alarielle's feet.

>>47948311

Space Marines actually have visual differences between models, more now than ever with MKs 2-7 of power armor available from either GW or FW. That's not even taking into account BA who have their own Tactical kit, SW who have their own range, and GK who wear entirely different types of power armor.
>>
>>47948409

I'm guessing they're akin to the concept art that Blanche was asked to create for the Silver Tower. He did art of at least the Chieftain, Mistweaver, and Kairic Adept.
>>
File: 1454217272181.jpg (503 KB, 827x1184) Image search: [Google]
1454217272181.jpg
503 KB, 827x1184
>>
>>47948506

I suppose I favor the ranged elements and the Paladins.
>>
File: 1461319981172.jpg (664 KB, 827x1184) Image search: [Google]
1461319981172.jpg
664 KB, 827x1184
>>
>>
>>
Do we know of any upcoming Fyreslayer models, or are they "done" for the time being? I know we're supposedly getting normal Duardin soon.
>>
>>47948615
But most odels still share the same base design, even with few differences here and there.
retributors are slightly different from a liberators, after all, and that makes sense because they are hard hitters.
Prosecutors and judicators on the other hand...tey are just copy-pasted CAD liberator models with different weapons.
>>47948654
>>47948665
yep, tose ones. Looked MUCH better ihmo.
>>47948666
Nice satanic trips.
Paldins works GREAT with a vexillor. You put em in a unit of 5(or 10, if playing a big game), you tekeport them in the face of your biggest treath and you punch him to death. They deal insane damage even without starmaces(wich are ONE EVERY FIVE. remember this plz).
I would always go for hammer, the ability to deal mortal wounds is pretty neat, but lances can be good to tarpit those fucking huge monsters on the field I guess.
As for judicators, you will need either a nice line of bows to stay afar and shoot and small units of cossbows to staying aggressive.
Include at least 3-5 gryph hounds because they combo EXTREMELY well with your crossbows giving you the ability to unleash retarded amounts of bolts every turn.>>47948665
>>47948684
>>47948699
>>47948716
thanks for sharing bro
>>
>>47948767

Yes, overall SM look the same, but even without really getting into the detail you can see immediate difference. MK2 armor and MK7 armor don't really look alike outside of the basic shape.
>>
>>47948805
But HE stuff is fairly new, FW only and really, shouldn't be taken onto consideration right now. Also, space marines have 25 years, so thank god they differenciated themselves a bit.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.