[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mtg Modern General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: modern.jpg (826 KB, 720x300) Image search: [Google]
modern.jpg
826 KB, 720x300
Non-shit custom card OP edition
Discuss banlist changes, card price changes and brews/tier decks
>What do you think Eldritch Moon will give to modern?
>>
>>47928659
Unban pod and twin
>>
>>47928659
I'm playing Abzan CoCo currently without the hierarchs. I'm playing 4 birds and 2 walls.

Would there be any merit to running more Wall of Roots? Or are there any other somewhat decent manadorks I could run instead?
>>
>>47928659
The new Thalia actually looks really good. Super excited to play with her in Legacy DnT, still got potential in Modern definitely.

New Lili is a shit. Reading her abilities (assuming the leak is even real). It's like they tried so fucking hard to recreate Veil Lili, without reprinting fucking Veil Lili. If baby Jace being 70 dollars for a long-ass time didn't create a impossible hurdle to play standard, then just fucking reprint Lilliana of the Veil.
>>
>>47929093
Those are probably the best manadorks you can hope to run. Of course try and get hierarchs whenever you can acquire them.
>>
>>47929093
In pod I played avacyn pilgrams as a replacement, but I'd recommend getting nobles eventually as they are pretty good.
>>
>>47928659
Shoukd I sell my snap casters now or wait?
>>
File: thaliacatharheretic.jpg (35 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
thaliacatharheretic.jpg
35 KB, 265x370
Thoughts on thalia as a one of in kiki chord

I think that it might be able to disrupt heavy fetch decks enough that it might be good especially if played on turn 2
>>
>>47929376
For being a staple in every blue deck ever, his price has stabilized to 60 for a really long time. Even with the rise of Jeskai control. The only way I'd see him getting any higher is if a random buyout happens like with Moat or Nimbus Maze. I'd probably try trade them instead of selling since you are almost guaranteed to get people who want to trade for him.
>>
Why use $70 fetches when all your duals and basics are islands? Why not just Flooded Strands? Is it just a vanity thing?
>>
>>47929570
What deck are you even talking about?
>>
>>47929570
There can be slight merit to "juking" an opponent out with a turn one fetchland that gives slight queues that you're playing another color.
A flooded strand hints at a blue/white deck, a misty rainforest hints at creatures, a scalding tarn hints at bolts.

A burn deck that starts off with a scalding tarn might make an opponent more hesitant of a spell snare.
>>
>>47929621
>>47929703
Thanks. I'm building a Vintage deck, and I'd rather not pay $50 where I don't have too.
>>
>>47929773
If you are already spending 10k on a vintage deck, whats another 50 dollars to you honestly?
>>
>>47929991
Fair point.
>>
>>47928659

>>What do you think Eldritch Moon will give to modern?
A bunch of gay shit for tron. Soeaking of which,

guys, check ze deck
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/troll-tron-3/
getting ready for my saturday memedern tournament
>>
File: 1423676799804.gif (2 MB, 245x210) Image search: [Google]
1423676799804.gif
2 MB, 245x210
U Tron is a good deck
>>
>>47930491
I disagree.

Well depends what you mean with good. It's like all the other established modern decks that work at FNM-level but will never get tier 1 or 2.
>>
>>47930530
it's solidly tier 2 with a good pilot
>>
>>47930639
Lol no it isn't. That isn't even how tiers work.
>>
>>47930491
>>47930639
So did you post this just so you could try to convince someone otherwise?
>>
>>47929562
I just checked tcgplayer, you can get a lightly played snapcaster for 45 dollars, people are realizing blue sucks now and you'll never get to do half the shit blue is known for doing in legacy and edh. The most a snapcaster does is make the strongest red bolt in the game now and that's all it will ever do until modern gets a new playable blue spell.
>>
>>47930690
ok if you are going to be anal about it,
>the deck has the required powerlevel and matchups that if it were more consistantly played by more skilled players, it would be put in tier 2
>>
>>47930784
>lightly played
We're talking about NM prices, just like everyone else.
>>
>>47930844
Excuse me princess, 51 dollars plus a buck for shipping. Just like jace vyrns prodigy, blue cards only have one place to go.
>>
>>47929562
It'll be something I leave to a last resort. I'm trying to build jund and I'll see how much my other cards sell for before I consider selling my snaps

>>47930784
Legacy and EDH can drive the price of a card through the roof, and it's still an amazing card. So I doubt that itll be worse less that $50 in good condition.
>>
>>47930918
I'm not trying to say you should purge your trade binder immediately but lightly played is already sinking to 40, and that means the near mints are just behind them. It will only get worse the longer we go without an unbanning of good blue cards or a power blue card.
>>
>>47929255
>New Lili is a shit. Reading her abilities (assuming the leak is even real). It's like they tried so fucking hard to recreate Veil Lili, without reprinting fucking Veil Lili

Everywhere of value sees the leaks as highly suspect. It's likely not real.
>>
Is there a tier 1 control deck or is memedern all fighty burny?
>>
>>47931397
Jeskai Control is tier 1 at the moment.
>>
>>47930491

It is a good deck in the fact that as time goes on no matter the opponent's win condition the deck always has an out against it. Infinite life with Kiki-Chord? Sure ok. I now Mindslaver lock you.

Playing against control/combo? I will use Spell Burst continually to counter any spell you play that turn and continually loop a Jester's Cap to remove all your threats.

It's weak to aggro but Spatial Contortion has really helped out that matchup where it's no longer "try and survive to turn 4 or 5 or you lose" scenario.
>>
>>47932469
The deck is really fucking inconsistent though.
>>
>>47932602

Not really, it's god damn mono coloured.

Right now in U Tron there was different trains of thought between playing with Talismans or not(faster but slightly weaker to Stony Silence or omitting Talismans to make Stony Silence dead against you) and whether or not they should go the Eldrazi(Thought-Knots and Newlamog) route rather than the Artifact route(new Eldrazi wish card is definitely going to warrant a try in Eldrazi lists)

Deck also used to be dirt cheap but now it's spiked in price because of some cards.
>>
>>47929429
New Thalia looks amazing. Shame it's gotta be ruined by that really shitty looking set symbol and watermark.

Not sure if she will be a mainstay in kikicord, but no harm in trying it out. Turn 2 Thalia does seem brutal, but I wouldn't count on it it's only a one of. certainly a nice coco target however.
>>
I really want to believe that mono colour decks, or at least decks that don't run fetches and shocks, have a place in Modern, if for no other reason than you aren't shocking yourself half to death.
>>
I'm an alcoholic wage-slave who plays burn who is looking for something - Fun - to play.
Any recommendations?
>>
>>47932925
Elves is solidly teir 2
Splashing white or black makes the deck a heck of a lot better though.
>>
>>47932945
You can splash those colours without fetches and shocks though. You have the Lorwyn dual land, Woodland Cemetery. All it takes is hitting one and your mana for Shaman of the Pack is fixed, and your matchup against aggressive decks is made a shit ton better.
>>
>>47932925
Thats one say to look at it, another advantage of mono colored is being able to have a really consistent manabase and get away with running utility lands. Unfortunately, the amount of options opened up to you for splashing another color is just too great to ignore. Literally one of the few rewards you get for being super heavy into a color is chroma/devotion, but it isn't far enough. That and we don't have any great utility lands like Port.
>>
>>47932931
Stone rain
>>
>>47933019
Still much preferably to have some shocks/fetches even if it's to get the right color for one card. Consistency>Life total.
>>
>>47933064
Tectonic Edge is good if you can get multiples down early. It only checks your opponent's land count when you activate it so you can put the hurt on hard if you bullshit it. The only other real way to use your land in Modern is manlands. Mutavault and your colour's shitty mono colour one aren't too bad. The blue one that turns into a 2/1 faerie for 1U is actually quite good.
>>
>>47932931
UR Storm?
>>
>>47933101
>Consistency>Life total
I can tell you that this isn't the case at all depending on what your opponent is playing. Fetching and shocking yourself for 3 isn't worth Boros Charming for that extra 1 damage against mono R burn.
>>
>>47933019
>>47932945
>>47933101

You don't even need fetches or shocks in Elves because Cavern of Souls usuall fulfills all your coloured mana requirement needs for your non-creature spells. The only reason to add in fetches/shocks in Elves is if you aren't able to/don't want to/can't run 4x copies of Horizon Canopy.
>>
>>47933116

U Tron already has to run a lot of non-color lands though, they might not have a whole lot of room for other lands that don't tap for their color or come into play tapped.
>>
>>47933187

U tron has about 2-3 flex slots for lands. At one point I threw in a Mystifying Maze
>>
>>47933070
Scalding tarn is too expensive for my blood, I can get away with running strands or mires instead right?
>>
>>47933258
durr I meant to respond to storm anon >>47933134
>>
>>47932469
What Kiki Chord list has infinite life?
>>
File: Force of Will.jpg (323 KB, 1600x1204) Image search: [Google]
Force of Will.jpg
323 KB, 1600x1204
OP here of the last 15 good threads.
I knew i should've made a new thread last night.
>>
>>47933140
Multi coloured burn vs mono red burn is pretty much the only time this is true.
>>
>>47933664
Yeah the last op was a massive ball chugger who just wanted people to look at his shitty homemade cards.
>>
>>47933664
You can still. This thread is dead
>>
>>47933816
I had a dream where they printed "target opponent loses 4 life" for BR and burn could go Jund, Mardu or Naya. Mono-red players were still salty at the lack of Flame Rift in modern.
>>
>>47933664
Don't make the OP pic nahiri. Brings in a bunch of faggots.
>>
>>47933897
They'd probably go 4c and drop the last few flex slots instead.
>>
>>47933629

From time to time you get lists that slap in the Finks+Melira combo as well from the side.
>>
File: Desolator.jpg (155 KB, 610x547) Image search: [Google]
Desolator.jpg
155 KB, 610x547
>>47932931
Hey guys, DesolatorMagic here. Don't listen to this guy >>47933134 Storm is a horribly overpowered, spiky, unfair deck that's really unfun! Seriously, you're being an ass to suggest that deck. Yea you are going to win a lot, especially after the support Wizards gave to it like idiots by printing Vessel of Volatility, but c'mon now.

If you wanna play a fun AND competitive deck, check out my strongest Modern deck I've ever designed to date called Tap Dance on my youtube channel!
>>
>>47933988
You can already go 4c for Bump but it's really clunky. You could take the same amount of damage and add Gitaxians for a 56 card deck too. 4c is a huge burden for burn although I would not doubt it in the slightest if someone does well with it.
I'd go Mardu, fuck green (though d.rev and atarkas will be missed)

Speaking of which, Boros-colorshifted Destructive Revelry when???
>>
>>47934210
If this actually desolator,
>>47934210
are you still salty about people calling you a tinfoil hat faggot on the cryptolith video, you turned off and re enabled comments like 3 times.
Also 4chan is not a good place to shill your channel.
>>
>>47934271
>Boros-colorshifted Destructive Revelry when???
If that were actually a thing, I would switch to Mardu Burn in a fucking heartbeat.
>>
>>47934431
I'm pretty sure you are the salty one buddy. Yea, I just maybe have been wrong about Cryptolith Rite, but who knows, there's very likely a deck that's going to breaks that card wide open. Probably get there even sooner if players weren't so busy netdecking tier 1 decks. I bet you are one of them. Seriously, give the deck a try, I haven't quite perfected it, and I think it's banworthy right now! It's really dumb that Isochron Scepter is still legal.
>>
>>47934210
Oh look its the faggot youtuber who thought cryptolith rite would break magic.
>>
>>47934852
see >>47934624
Sorry if you can't read.
>>
>>47934876
>Oh look its the faggot youtuber who thought cryptolith rite would break magic.
>>
>>47932919
That's the buy a box promo you fucking idiot.
>>
>>47934624
I literally cannot think of a way Cryptolith Rite COULD be broken. The only way to use its ability the best would be hasty tokens but even then those are better used actually attacking and not dorking. Yeah, you could cast some meme huge card like Emrakul but you could do it more reliably a thousand different ways.
>>
>>47934964
Uuuuuuuuh, the fact that your creatures pretty much become lands? Of literally any color? Tell me how that is not broken? Imagine taking Heritage Druid, make it not vulnerable to common removal, any color then just green, and you can flexibly tap your creatures rather then needing to tap three at a time.

Who says you need them to tap them immediately? Theres no way your opponents can remove everything unless it's a boardwipe so you can chill for a turn and chump block if you need to. After that, you got all the mana you could ever want then do anything you want.

The only real reason why it's not played is because people don't want to experiment. Yea, there are other overpowered cards that need to be banned like Liliana and Kitchen Finks, that people play with instead, but if they took a moment to actually make their own decks they'd be surprised the amount of broken stuff they can do.
>>
ayy idk if this is a good place to ask for help but i'm planning on buying into modern p soon with a uwr control/burn kinda deck

i could just copy some pro's decklist, but i'm still saving up for a set of snapcasters, so there are a few substitutions i have to make. if i'm gonna be making my own deck tho, what boxes does uwr control as a decktype check that make it, like, a good deck? or, in other words, what do i have to be sure the deck i make has/does for it to be at least okay?
>>
>>47935223
You're a fucking idiot or a troll.

This card is some meme shit like Thing in the Ice. How about you learn how to fucking play the game before you comment on the quality of a card.
>>
>>47934624
Totally not salty, actually enjoy a lot of your videos, but the disabling the comments on that one and reenabling them made you look salty as fuck bruv.
Maybe you're right, and if the faggot netdeckers would try to create something with it, it'd be good. I love brewing decks and using retarded mana combos. I have several infinite combos that have either been banned by wizards, or the TO's at my store have told me not to bring anymore because they are broke as fuck.
I currently play izzetron for the chuckles.
>>
>>47929429
Should me amazing in Kiki. She probably gets thrown into Abzan Coco and regular Abzan, too. Any deck that can run her will, really. I expect to see a real uptick in hatebears, it's going to be fucking awful.

>>47930828
not >>47930690 but - the teir a deck is placed at has nothing to do with the people playing it. you don't need to qualify it that way. it's probably 2-2.5
>>
>>47935682
Meant to add that if cryptolith rite was in a color I liked to use, I'd build something with it.
>>
>>47935299
Cool it or He'll disable the comments in the thread :^)
>>
>>47935299
Whats your usual online handle? I'll make sure to name my computer opponent on Xmage after you :) and tell everyone how you are really smart n stuff.
>>
>>47935276
Path to Exile, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Helix, Spell Snare, Serum Visions, Mana Leak, Remand, Electrolyze, Celestial Colonnade, Ancestral Vision, Cryptic Command
almost definitely Nahiri, I've heard she's falling out of favour but I don't really keep up with the deck, your mileage may vary
maybe Vendilion Clique, it's often played and a good effect to have
maybe Geist of Saint Traft if you want to play that, but I think it's poorly positioned right now
>>
>>47935751
>playing against the computer
>>
Desolator look at this >>47935825 ,crawl back into the woodwork, your fangirls are shitting up the thread
>>
>>47935276
The boris land destruction deck somebody brewed here a few months ago just started putting up results in tournies. Play that while you wait for snapcasters to fall a bit more, but decide before spoiler season is finished. Any blue sorcery or instant makes blue staples go into temporary lockdown.
>>
File: 53041.jpg (293 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
53041.jpg
293 KB, 1280x1024
>>47936372
I love LD and other unconventional ways to screw my opponents out of a win.
Usually I just protect this bastard until I find a way to win.
>>
>>47935682
Why are you a fan of Deso? Outside of his dumbass opinions and """""math"""" he's a giant asshole and incredibly condescending to boot.
>>
>>47937071
Never said I was a fan, I just enjoy a few of his videos.
Just like leafy he is an asshole, probably retarded, but he does make good, and even humorous points now and then.
I had a feeling desu~lator magic was a fa/tg/uy, due to some of his videos reflecting the opinions expressed here, and it was confirmed tonight.
As far as being an asshole goes
>4chan
>not assholes
Pick one
I don't really mind that, as long as he didn't be an ass should I ever meet him in person.
>>
>>47937471
>going as far as to call out specific people in his videos

I bet he's a real joy to be around.
>>
>>47937871
Leaffag or desolatfag?
>>
>>47937951
The latter. Sure, we are all assholes here, but at least most of us have the decency to keep it to ourselves in real life.
>>
Desolator magic guy is actually fucking retarded. He spouts off the worst examples of cards whenever he talks about anything (it's like he's been playing for only 6 months), his videos terrible quality (one was him just talking over a different game's stream) and his discussion of lore or decks is unbelievably shitty.
>>
>>47938042
>>47938046
Haven't seen a video where he called a guy out, lik I said I'm not a "fan". I've just noticed, like I previously said, he makes good ponis once in a blue moon, other times like the cryptolith video, he is the guy with a tinfoil hat and a cardboard sign babbling about "the end is near" to passerby.
With that said, his good points I've seen do not make up for the stupid shit he says, but I give credit where it is due.
I do think he'd fit in better with the jewgioh crowd though. Recently tried to get back into that game after ~10 years, it's not pretty.
>>
>>47935223
How about it gets hated out real easy and takes up a precious space in your deck.
>>
>>47934210
> If this deck doesnt win by turn 7 something went wrong.
turn 7? What the fuck? If you're still alive at that point something went wrong for your opponent.
>>
>>47938571
I've been building and playing blue tron variant brews since april and a consistent turn 8 is my SLOWEST. This format will not wait for you.
>>
>>47938960
Speaking of which, I'm going to play the mindslaver version tomorrow at FNM, wish me luck.
>>
File: Titan's Presence_BFZ.jpg (56 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Titan's Presence_BFZ.jpg
56 KB, 312x445
Is this an acceptable answer for etched champ and the like?
>>
>>47939020
Yea it can hit ec.
>>
File: Psychic Rebuttal_ORI.jpg (58 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Psychic Rebuttal_ORI.jpg
58 KB, 312x445
>>47939073
What I meant was "is this good, or is there a better option?"

Also is pic related better sideboard tech than negate against burn and removal on the account that it can flip shit back on the controller?
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 223x310
>>47939226
Unless the 1U cost is relevant or the spell that targets you says "target opponent" it's almost strictly worse than Redirect. I really like Spell Pierce vs burn, as it can stop enchantments and planeswalkers too.
>>
>>47939226
>>47939391
However Redirect changing the target back on them isn't always better, for instance Thoughtseize will backfire but they still get to choose the card, and a Lightning Helix will still net them 3 life.
>>
>>47939391
>>47939422
My point was that since most people that play a similar deck to mine side or even maiboard negate. I mainboard a couple myself. I thought that maybe redirecting a spell may come in handy, but I guess not.
>>
>>47929255
How exactly is new Thalia good? It doesn't do anything vs opposing creature decks since it comes out on turn 3 the earliest (if at all, Daze TKS and thoughtseize are all cards), doesn't disrupt combo and dies to anything. Only relevant interaction is that Tron pieces etb tapped so your opponent can't turn 3 play+crack Oblivion Stone.
>>
>>47939544

Not the same guy but in DnT the fact that you can "flash it in" via Vial means they can't put in other blockers with flash or via their own Vials as well. Every newly played fetchland is now a prime target for Wasteland. You're right in that she doesn't disrupt combo and dies to anything but the "dies to anything "argument is pretty poor since practically anything in a DnT list can die to anything. Every deck that's tempo orientated in Legacy is going to be put back behind.
>>
>>47939544
Daze is a legacy card. You can play it on turn 2 with a bird or a hierarch, I suspect the D+T decks will be playing the latter to enable this. First strike is huge against creature decks, and she's a must-kill or their gameplan gets entirely disrupted. If they thoughtseize her, they were taking your best card anyway, that's what that card does. She disrupts kiki-chord. She disrupts fetchlands, which are widely played. She disrupts aggressive plays with shocklands, which would help remove her and bring back tempo to the opponent. She disrupts Nahiri's ult out of Kiki or Jeskai, which is a big deal since Emrakul's trigger is a "when you cast" one. She disrupts Through the Breach as a card, which is also relevant in legacy. She's strong against many of the creatures in the format, and most of the cards (land + creatures) played in the format. She's probably strong in Legacy as well.
>>
I was thinking about getting into Modern with Skred red, but most of the info I've looked at for it is a couple years old. Is there any recent stuff I should be aware of?
>>
>>47940444
It isn't a very good deck anymore
>>
>>47940444
There are 2 out of 60 players in my meta that play skred occasionally, because it was their first deck. The rest is 20%tron 20% infect 30%jund 30%tier 2-3-trash

Skred does not keep up as well amymore for us.
>>
>>47939877
3 power first strike is relevant as well. Don't have to worry so much about these colorless fucks any more once you get a jitte.

Gonna go -2 wingmare +2 thalia in legacy. Don't really want 8 legendary creatures in a deck and wingmare is good in it's own right.
>>
>>47939877
The problem is she costs 3 and dies to bolt. That's the edge of playability in modern. In order for a card like that to be played it has to either provide value on etb or pretty much win you the game if you untap with it. There are like four 3 drops in modern that do this. DnT already pretty much plays all of them in Flickerwisp, Strangler, and Displacer.

I don't think Thalia matches these creatures on turn 3. Like you play her and maybe get a fetch and a creature tapped if she isn't answered. Meanwhile if you untap with displacer you get to control combat and generate real value for the rest of the game.
>>
>>47940444
check out the mtgsalvation primer
>>
I want to get into Modern but I can't afford some stapples like Goyf and Zendikar Fetchs.

I heard that chinaman is an option for poorfags like me.
Anybody tried sellers like Villa Zheng ? How much do you pay for say, a set of Lili ? How long do you wait for delivery ? Do the cards actually look legit ?
>>
>>47941790
Would you really ask advice from an anonymous board? Shills literally get paid to tell you they are good when in reality they are weak. There is a reason the market hasn't changed in any way.
>>
>>47935696
I don't think she will see play in D&T and Hatebears. She is worse than old thalia and having 8 cards that can legend rule themselves in the same deck is a big no-no in my opinion.
>>
>>47941790
Friend of mine tried Chinaman and never got a confirmation email or anything from him.
>>
>>47941876
Do they look that bad ? I don't want to trade them or anything. They would stay sleeved all the time.
>>
>>47941896
New and old thalia don't legend rule eachother.
>>
>>47942138
What ? Why would different versions of the same planeswalker legend rule eachother but not different versions of creatures ?
>>
>>47942170
Because of the same reason you can play Silumgar the drifting death and Dragonlord Silumgar at the same time.
>>
>>47940444
I'll post my list here in a few. I do very well with my Skred but I've been playing it for quite some time.
>>
>>47942170
Planeswalkers have their names on their types. All Jaces have Planeswalker-- Jace. That's how they how they legend rule themselves
>>
>>47942360
Oh I see, I get it.
>>
File: DSC_0032.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0032.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
>>47940444
Excuse the shit image quality.

Bottom cards are sideboard. Banefire will most likely be replaced. I was only testing.
There are 19 snow mountains.
>>
>>47941790
>>47941942

Any more testimony ? I really want to get into Modern and granting me a raise isn't in my boss's mind.
>>
>>47942513
You could play decks without those cards.

I just ordered from Villa and he was easy to deal with. I still haven't received the cards so I can't speak to the quality. Apparently the zendi fetches are perfect. Others like path or Goyf, maybe not so much.
>>
>>47942556
Thanks, that's good to know.
How much did he charged you for what you got ?
>>
Noob here,

What are the pros and cons to run Junk instead of Jund ?
>>
>>47942788
Lingering Souls, Path, easier time casting Finks, maybe Meme Rhino.
>>
>>47942802
What about the cons ?

Also, what about Mardu (without Nahiri) ?
>>
>>47942884
The cons of Abzan are no Bolt, no Ancient Grudge, no Huntmaster/Olivia/Pia and Kiran. Oh and no Bolt. And you can't run Bolt.

Mardu is eternal garbage tier because you don't have Abrupt Decay. Honestly that's the only reason. The cards are fine, the threats are there, but you don't have a catch-all removal spell at 2 mana.
>>
>>47942911
Is Abrupt Decay that prevalent ? Jund usually only runs two of them.

I get it's an awsome card, especially in the Modern meta where it can hit almost everything. But it's really 1/30th of the deck.
>>
>>47942977
It's a 1/30th of the deck that nobody but BGx gets and everyone else wishes they had.
>>
>>47942788
The R/G genderland is good, terminate is better than PTE (giving a free land is pretty bad and it feeds Kalitas), souls are great but KKomand is crazy good, I don't remember Junk playing Lili and Lili is obviously damn strong. The side of Junk is cool because of white but Jund can still provide some great cards like Slaughter memes.
>>
>>47943188
>genderland
lel
I'm gonna start calling it that
>>
>make this t1

2x Izzet Charm
4x Lightning Bolt
2x Magma Jet
3x Mana Leak
3x Remand
4x Delver of Secrets Flip
2x Monastery Swiftspear
4x Thing in the Ice Flip
4x Young Pyromancer
2x Evolving Wilds
5x Island
5x Mountain
4x Shivan Reef
4x Wandering Fumarole
4x Gitaxian Probe
4x Serum Visions
4x Sleight of Hand
>>
>>47944072
Try building a deck that doesn't get wrecked by pyroclasm.
>>
>>47942427
This doesn't look anything like a skred I've ever seen. Interesting.
>>
>>47944276
Thats what titi is for :^)
>>
>>47944072
>>47944276
Now I wanna go off the deep end with a deck that's something like:
4 TiTi
4 Wee Dragonauts
4 Stormchaser Mage
4 Pyroclasm
My creatures survive Pyroclasm.dec
>>
Eggs Master Race reporting in, T3 kills galore via Reshape Lotus Bloom KCI. AMA
>>
>>47943188
>I don't remember Junk playing Lili
What Abzan Midrange decks does not run Lili?
>>
>>47944961
Just play some games. This isn't standard.
>>
>>47931012
an update, I went to my lgs and they didn't take my snap casters, so I guess this is a moot post. I'll try again in a week.
>>
I'm a real shitter when it comes to modern play, but I figured I'd discuss my experience with my LGS with you guys since this is the modern thread.

I'm a shitter because I play a skeleton tribal deck in modern. Skeletons are the worst tribe right after griffons, but I'm obsessed with skeletons so I have put a lot of effort into making them work. I've actually formed a reputation at my LGS for playing it, and everyone loves playing against my deck because it's such a unique experience. I lose a lot, sure, but I learn more and more mechanically every time I play and refine my deck constantly, it's really becoming my own thing.

My local meta is extremely agressive, with everyone running things like burn, affinity, infect, eldrazi, and merfolk among others.

In my experience, my deck actually handles infect and burn quite well, it's decks like affinity or merfolk with evasion that give me trouble (idk how the eldrazi match-up feels, I need more experience there).

Cont.
>>
>>47945532
>Cont
liar
>>
>>47944999
How do you handle Stony Silence?
>>
>>47946126
Echoing Truth in the sb, vs decks with white I'll often bring in Emrakul and Echoing Truth and try to hit a critical mass of artifacts bounce Stony Silence and sac board to KCI for emmy. This is because Leyline is also a problem wjth white decks. Versus hatebears I'll oftentimes bring in Pyroclasm to stall out the board.
>>
>>47944072
My gut is telling me that's too many creatures but you should see how it works as is. I don't expect Pyromancer to work out.
Also the spell lineup is kind of weird with all that 3x 2x stuff going on, I guess it's kind of ok since you have cantrips but meh.
>>
>>47944999
What's KCI?
List please?
>>
>>47946272
Potassium Chloride?
>>
>>47946272
Krark-Clan Ironworks, on phone at work now, I'll be home in ~1.5 hours and I'll post then.
>>
>>47946013
Sorry, got home from vacation and talked to Family.
>>47945532

Against the Eldrazi I actually have answers to deal with the reality smashers as discarding is a non-issue with my skeletons, so I look forward to facing Eldrazi again to see if I can deal with mid-game.

I added in some main-board options to deal with decks that go wider like affinity, so I hope to see if I can handle those better because that's the one deck that wrecks me.

Anyway, despite my local meta being considered cancerous and unfun by some, I'm actually loving what I'm learning from my experiences through it! Because the meta is exactly what fucks with my deck the most, it helps me to refine it to a greater degree! The best part is that as time goes on, and I refine my deck, I'm slowly seeing results. I may not win consistently yet, but my matches have gone from all being stomps, to most being close games!

It's a wonderful feeling making a deck that is truly my own, refining it, and seeing results.

Sorry to blog. I just needed to share my Joy with people who can relate. If I remember I'm going to come back to this thread to post my deck list to ask advice on what I should side board for merfolk and affinity.
>>
Holy fuck, one more shitty FNM promo and I'm losing it.
For fuck's sake no more oath commons. I can't take it anymore.

>judge promos are good though

Of course.
>>
>>47946615
FNM promos are not meant to be for us. We very rarely get good commons and uncommons in new sets, so it's pretty hard to make a new monthly promo card that makes Standard players, casual players AND Modern players happy.

At least Sylvan Scrying is viable.
>>
>>47946994
>it's pretty hard to make a new monthly promo card that makes Standard players, casual players AND Modern players happy
FNM promo Kitchen Finks would tick every box. Modern players would be happy because they get some attention from Wizards, Standard players would be happy because they'd be winning a $20 card they can trade away for cards they want, and casual players wouldn't give a shit because this has nothing to do with them.
>>
>>47946994
I mean I liked Roast, Scrying, Warchief... I honestly beleive Crumbling Vestige has a home in an Amulet shell. Contortion is UTton love, and although I'd have preferred the blue Blighted land it's not half bad for EDH players. Was still a little salty it was a niche land but I'm sure Timmy would love to jam it into his EDH, and I'm thinking of jamming it into Standard Esper but I'm still undecided. Maybe if I go B/W instead the landbase would allow for it.

BUT THIS INFEST REPRINT WITH EXILE ATTACHED HAS GONE TOO FAR.
Would rather Languish, a card that's actually good in Standard and other formats alike, instead of a semi-junk uncommon that barely carries it's own.
Would rather Grasp of Darkness or another staple removal than a special edition Drown in Sorrow variation.
>>
>>47947299
spacial contortion doesnt even look like its giving him 3 more strength, the elf has huge arms to fuck shit up with at least in exchange for the pain.
>>
>>47947476
There may be unknowable merits to having a 50ft long torso
>>
>>47947717
You can chug a 50ft long cock?
>>
File: Untitled.png (36 KB, 1060x331) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
36 KB, 1060x331
>>47946272
As promised, not sure about the Thoughtcasts, thinking about swapping them out for Serum Visions. When Thoughtcast is good it's insane but when it's bad it's REALLY bad.
>>
>>47944999
I used to play eggs a long time ago when second sunrise was still legal, and I think I should rebuild it since I still have all of the cards I used.

Have there been any significant modifications since second sunrise got banned? What was second sunrise replaced with? Any new tech?
>>
>>47947853
>>47947952
Oh nevermind, I didn't refresh the page in a while. Still wondering if there are any other useful cards for the deck released recently
>>
>>47947952
>>47947978
Not that I've noticed, maybe if theres a powerful clue token generator that also has synergy with eggs outside of just making clues it could go in.
>>
File: image.png (123 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
image.png
123 KB, 223x311
>>47947952
I honestly don't play Eggs but I second the clues having some sweet potential.
The deck seems pretty damn strong at the moment all things considered.

This card can replace an Elsewhere Flask in decks that run an extra 2cmc egg. I like Thoughtcast for getting critical mass more though.
>>
>>47948463
Oh shiet I also forgot about AetherGrid. Seems nice in the sideboard but I'm unsure.
>>
>>47941559
This is a really good point. I think her advantage is that she grinds your opponent for the rest of the game without being a sink - you can develop your board while theirs keeps being taxed. I really think hatebears was one strong tax effect away from being a real deck, and this might be the one to push it over the top. t2 newThalia on the play is stronger than most things you can do in modern.
>>
File: matrix.jpg (51 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
matrix.jpg
51 KB, 312x445
how completely dope is this card
>>
File: fuckyeahthisfeelsgreat.png (141 KB, 294x306) Image search: [Google]
fuckyeahthisfeelsgreat.png
141 KB, 294x306
>>47938256
>he makes good ponis once in a blue moon

yeah I bet
>>
>>47950432
I have a copy laying around I swear, digging this shit up.
The creature text is just gravy. Stony in any color, with anti-Vicera Seer built in.
>>
>>47950737
not quite a stony- don't forget that it can't stop mana abilities so unfortunately chromatic spheres and lotus blooms still fire off.
It's still pretty nice though. at the very least it makes 'em burn a chord on reclamation sage
>>
>>47950432
>>47950737
>>47950797
It's no Null Rod+Mycosynth Lattice, but it does look pretty sweet
>>
>>47950432

It's a good catch-all answer to particularly powerful abilities for artifacts and creatures when you're not playing White.(Stony Silence, Linvala)
>>
>tfw looking through boxes to find Dank Matrix
>see futuresight rares
>Darksteel Garrison

Of all the rares to get.

Has there ever been a set with such variance in rare value?
>>
>>47951423
ABU
>>
File: 1465540509148.gif (499 KB, 400x290) Image search: [Google]
1465540509148.gif
499 KB, 400x290
>>47928659
Building spellweaver's helix -enter the infinite combo. I don't expect to win gut I expect it will be fun
>>
>>47952356
>I don't expect to win
Good. Because you won't.
>>
>Playing
Titan-Breach

>Building
Grixis Midrange

>Next
Probably a scapeshift for titanbreach or some tar pits for grixis
>>
I'm gonna build midrange Mardu, but I don't know if Young Pyromancer is worth running. I mean, Jund doesn't run him either. Just feels like all the well costed creatures are in green. Pyromancer with Lingering Souls though god damn.
>>
>>47953394
To add to this, I want to run lots of cards that are "good", but just don't get played. Like if I switched Young Pyromancer with the 2/2 with prowess lifelink for 1W from Khans. A 3/3 with lifelink for 2 mana is respectable honestly. Or I could top my curve with a Wingmate Roc or two. There nothing particularly wrong with those cards, they just don't get used.
>>
>>47953578
Gobbo Dark Dwellers or maybe a planewalker like Ajani Vengeant seems like a better curve topper than Wingmate.
Seeker of the Way is not a terrible card but there are just better options. It forces you to play your instants during your own turn if you want to attack, otherwise it's just a 2/2 for 2.

Pyromancer and Soulfire Grand Master are probably your best options for good creatures that don't see play in other midrange decks. I would also like to try out Sin Prodder, it has evasion and an interesting ability.
>>
>>47953763
Yeah I was thinking Soulfire rather than Seeker just because Soulfire is a pretty good topdeck. It'd be funny using Soulfire and Mardu Charm in my opponent's draw step late game to lock them out late game. I'll probably try out Sin Prodder too.
>>
>>47953790
Sin prodded is trash. Especially with a low curve
>>
>>47953790
>Mardu Charm
Never use this card please. It's very bad
>>
Any interesting modern FNM stories?
>>47955668
>>
>>47934210
You have brain damage.
There is only one person worth watching about modern and he is memeing it up all the time.
>>
>Nahiri meme decks having a dead Emrakul draw all game
>It loses you the game

What a great deck!
>>
>>47953394
here's my control list to help give you some ideas. This deck is pretty meh but mardu gives you some pretty fun options

creatures
4x young pyromancer
4x soulfire grandmaster
1x Goblin Dark Dwellers
1x Emrakul, The Aeons Torn

Instants/Sorceries
4x Inquisition of Kozilek
4x Kolaghan's Command
4x Lightning Bolt
4X Lightning Helix
4x Path to Exile
3x Terminate

Other
4x Nahiri, The Harbinger

also please r8 h8 etc y'all
>>
>>47957563
Cut the nahiri and Emrakul.

But seriously, 4X kola is too many
>>
Working on Jund, having some trouble with the sideboard. How does this look to you ?

1x Abrupt Decay
2x Ancient Grudge
2x Anger of the Gods
1x Crumble to Dust
1x Duress
3x Fulminator Mage
2x Kitchen Finks
1x Nihil Spellbomb
1x Shatterstorm
1x Slaughter Games
>>
>>47958405
Boringjund/10
>>
How to make a good Modern thread:
>Subject must be "MTG Modern General" (so it triggers MTG filters in the catalog)
>OP must have a picture of a Modern-defining card (with the card frame so it catches the eye)
>OP must not feature Standard-legal cards (to avoid luring new players who opened Nahiri in a booster pack)
>OP can have surveys, but preferably doesn't because they rarely encourage discussion. Questions must at least be relevant (like asking about a new viable deck like Bant Eldrazi and its performance after playing with or against it)
>First reply should preferably have a picture of the most up-to-date information on the metagame (so we can quote it in the thread)

There's a reason this thread hasn't reached bump limit yet.
>>
>>47958425
Your insight isn't helpful
>>
>>47958466
>There's a reason this thread hasn't reached bump limit yet.
Yea. Modern is solved
>>
I'm looking for some lands that work with the theme of spirits. I need plains and islands. What are /tg/'s favorites? I'm thinking that I'll buy either kamigawa or ravnica lands, but I'd love to hear other ideas.
>>
>>47953394
I feel that going with a tokens based strategy is the way to play mardu. You can go wide with pyromancer, bitterblossom, lingering souls, etc while you burn them out. It would be an aggro deck that makes spot removal bad, and you can bring in boros charm to counter sweepers after game one.
>>
>>47958405
I don't think that just a spellbomb in the SB + 2 or 3 Scoozes are enought yard hate if you end up against dredge. Maybe get a Grafdigger's Cage to replace Slaughter Games ?
>>
Tips?

4 Nyx-Fleece Ram
4 Courser of Kruphix
4 Eidolon of Blossoms
4 Herald of the Pantheon
4 Ethereal Armor
4 Journey to Nowhere
4 Kruphix's Insight
2 Sigil of the Empty Throne
4 Oblivion Ring
4 Sunpetal Grove
9 Plains
10 Forest
3 Banishing Light
>>
>>47958952
Remove all the bad cards. You should be left with maybe 1 Courser and the lands. Then try again
>>
>>47959034
Thank you but that doesnt help
>>
>>47958952
myth realized, path to exile, idyllic tutor maybe
>>
>>47958522
>Dredge rising
>Bant Eldrazi rising
>Death Zoo rising
>solved
>>
>>47959101
Dredge is trash

I don't understand how death zoo wins against decks running bolts
>>
>>47946615
>>47946994
>>47947299
>tfw it will be a long winter before we get based fnm promos like Semen Visions and Path
>>
File: 1466120999583.gif (564 KB, 800x430) Image search: [Google]
1466120999583.gif
564 KB, 800x430
>>47958522
>Yea. Modern is boring
FTFY
>>
Thoughts on Sin Prodder to replace Bobs in Jund ?

I find that most of the time I end up dying to myself with Shocklands, Thoughtseizes and Bob activations.
>>
>>47959348
Oh boi, I sure love creature staredowns in standard! Aggro and midrange all day everyday!
>>
>>47959382
I think the main problem is that Sin Prodder doesn't really draw you cards.
No one wants to save 1 health just to have you bolt them for 3. I haven't tested it enough to say whether the card is bad or not, but don't expect to get card advantage from it.

Also about a third of your draws will be lands which are complete duds. Maybe if your curve is high and you expect to hit a lot of 3+ mana cards it will be alright.
>>
File: Construct of Griselbrand.jpg (51 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Construct of Griselbrand.jpg
51 KB, 375x523
Would a card like this ever see play in modern? Would it be played in midrange decks or control decks or would it not see play at all?
>>
>>47959484
Don't post your cutom cards here please.
>>
>>47959034
He would also have ethereal armor, but then he'd have to remove the courser of kruphix's as well and just make a boggles deck.
>>
>>47959382
The difference between dropping your card advantage engine on turn 2 vs turn 3 is huge. Also, giving your opponents a choice is almost always bad. They really won't give much of a shit about their life total until they are actually in the danger zone. Sin Prodder also presents situations like these.

>upkeep
>reveal bolt
>opponent takes 1

You probably got to alter your lines of play if killing yourself is a common problem. Suicide your bobs, bolt/k-command them, or Lili -2 if you really have to. Scavenging Ooze, Kalitas, Huntmaster, and Finks should be plenty of lifegain to offset your self damage.
>>
>>47959504
don't respond to this (you) fag please
>>
>>47959448
In my current build I have 4 four drops and 6 three drops.

Should I lower the curve or does this justify to swap 1 or 2 Bobs for Sin Prodders ?

>>47959542
Those are fairly good points I guess. Bolting my own creatures still feels like a value outrage tho.
>>
>>47959484
Its shit, Grizzle is dead, fuck off.
>>
>>47959637
see >>47959557
>>
Anyone here play Grixis? I've got a jank delver list I'm trying to build into heavier control, but I'd like to hear from people with more experience with the better cards
>>
>>47959619
At that point you've probably drawn five cards off of him. Losing a bolt to kill him isn't the end of the world.
>>
Are there any decent cards in BW that give -2/-2 to the enemies creatures (or just all creatures) until end of turn for 2 cmc? I need a low cost clear for side board.
>>
>>47959773
Sounds insane, your best bet is probably flaying tendrils
>>
>>47959321
>Semen Visions will soon be one year old

Time flies. I'm surprised they didn't make 2 Modern FNM promos for July and August like last year.

>July 2016 could have been Terminate
>August 2016 could have been Ancient Stirrings
>>
>>47959808
Drown in Sorrow is objectively better.
>>
File: Image.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
>>47959773
No, there is no strictly better pyroclasm. The cheapest -2/-2 boardwipe is 3 cmc. The next cheapest after that is Zealous Persecution. pic related
>>
>>47959484
Fuck off.
>>
>>47959862
>doesn't exile
>black
Not objectively better, but good option
>>
File: purest waifu.jpg (387 KB, 1728x972) Image search: [Google]
purest waifu.jpg
387 KB, 1728x972
>>47959413
>standard!
nope
>>
The more I play with Soulfire Grand Master in my Mardu meme brew, the more legit I think it is. It's great on turn 2, and late game it threatens to instantly start rebounding shit. A lot of decks can't win through a Bolt being rebounded over and over, and you can do that as early as turn 5. Fuck Young Pyromancer in this deck, Soulfire is so good. The best spells in Modern are Path and Bolt which can both be run and both be rebounded off 5 mana.
>>
>>47960057
>fuck young pyromancer
nigga why not both? that's what my mardu meme has and it works great.
>>
>>47960083
I'm all for running a couple of Pyromancers or bringing some in from the board against GBx, but it gets blown out too easily by shit like Electrolyze and Pyroclasm, and going wide isn't as relevant in Modern as it is in Legacy. I have a couple of underperforming Monastery Mentors in the deck at the moment though. Might try out 2 Pyromancers in their place.
>>
>>47960129
share your mardu list?
>>
>>47960129
>>47960146
Yhea I'm intrigued too
>>
>>47959856
Hey guys! I've managed to get some info on some future FNM promos! The next ones are going to be:
Broken Concentration
Oblivion Ring (Awesome revisit! So glad they kept us modern players in mind!)
Warped Landscape
>>
>>47960057
You best be running Helix.

He makes Mardu charm better too, and crackling doom also.
Note that crackling doom hits boggles even through Leyline of Sanctity, something that most sacrifice effects can't do.

Mardu charm is very underrated, the utility of it all (kill spell, instant speed duress, potentially 2-for-1 with tokens) warrants it as a singleton
>>
>>47960146
>>47960172

4 Path to Exile
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Soulfire Grand Master
2 Lightning Helix
4 Lingering Souls
2 Monastery Mentor (Will most likely become Young Pyromancers)
2 Crackling Doom
1 Anguished Unmaking
4 Butcher of the Horde
1 Outpost Siege
1 Pia and Kiran Nalaar
1 Stoke the Flames
1 Batterskull
1 Murderous Cut
4 Gurmag Angler

4 Bloodstained Mire
4 Marsh Flats
2 Vault of the Archangel
1 Blood Crypt
1 Sacred Foundry
1 Godless Shrine
1 Mountain
2 Plains
2 Swamp
4 Shambling Vent
1 Dragonskull Summit
1 Isolated Chapel
>>
File: 1428608716880.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1428608716880.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
Burn or Living end?
>>
>>47960229
I'm definitely going to be putting a Mardu Charm in the sideboard. Against decks running lots of relevant sorceries like Scapeshift you can activate Soulfire and Mardu Charm them in every upkeep to pseudo-lock them out of the game for a while as you bring your life back up with swings. I don't think I'd ever mainboard it though.

Also I acknowledge that the top end of the deck is sort of clogged what with 7 cards at 4 mana. I'll probably drop the Pia and Siege to the board for grindier matches.
>>
>>47960352

Feels like you have too much creatures.

Where's your disruption ? Where's your card draw ? Where's Lili ? No Terminate ? No K-Command ?

Also, Crackling doom feels more like a sideboard card than a mainboard one.
>>
>>47960426
Mardu Charm is awful. Three mana for mediocre spells that souls cost 1

Flexibility be damned it's not worth it
You're rather ambitious to think you'll have the mana to activate soulfire and cast the charm
>>
>>47959619
You can try some Abbots, but Bob is hard to beat.
>>
Anyone got a skred list?
>>
>>47960477
>Feels like you have too much creatures.
Why is that a problem? This isn't a burn deck.
>Where's your disruption ?
I want to grind people out and Thoughtseize is a bad topdeck. That and I just don't want to buy them becuase that means buying Inquisition too and just fuck the price of that card. Disruption also means that on turn 1 I need potential access to all 3 colours.
>Where's your card draw ?
In the same place Jund put theirs. Rebound is pseudo-draw anyway. I'm just trying to make a pile of value in Mardu colours, that's all. I don't even care about running cards people consider good. There are plenty of good cards that no one uses
>Where's Lili ?
Ain't buying that shit.
>No Terminate ?
Nigger I'm running Path what the fuck do you want?
>No K-Command ?
I'll probably replace the Crackling Dooms with these in time. The prospect of rebounding a Kommand makes my dick all kinds of hard since doing it in their draw step locks them out of anything that isn't an instant. When I do replace them I might get a Kher Keer for the deck. Nothing in the deck is strenuous on your mana base so with a card like that gone I can kick back even more and enjoy fogging that Goyf forever.

I really just want to play a pile of good underused cards.
>>
>>47960646

see

>>47942427
>>
>>47960677
You just wanna be a special snowflake
>>
>>47960702
Yup. But a special snowflake who understands deck building.
>>
>>47960678
Oh cool. Is this your deck?
>>
>>47959867
That's what I'm running now. I've really enjoyed how flexible of a card it is. I didn't really consider how insane -2/-2 for all creatures until end of turn for 2 was until now.
>>
>>47960677
>shares his list to get feedback
>"fuck you my deck and card choices are just fine!"
>>
>>47960764
To get feedback?

>>47960146
>>47960172

There's why I shared it you fucking asstwat.
>>
>>47960677
Terminate is better than path. I know the mana cost is different but you aren't playing tempo. You're not quick enough for that land drop they get either
>>
>>47960677
Jund runs Bob as draw engine. You should run a playset of them if you want your deck to keep going.

Let me refomulate. You are running too much EXPENSIVE creature. There is no way in hell you can relliably cast 4 anglers in the same game, especially since you don't have self mill effects. Same thing with Butcher of the Horde : costs too much and is too color intensive to run a full playset of.

Here's what you should do :
-4 anglers, -2 Butcher, -1 batterskull, -1 Muderous cut, -2 Crackling doom, -1 outpost siege, -1 stoke the flames, -1 P&K

+4 BoB, +2 Kalitas, +2 K command, + 2 Terminate, +3 Inquisition.

You might want to revisit that mana base as well.

>>47960736
You are playing a weaker version of Jund without disruption and with a fucked up curve, I wouldn't say that you know much about deck building
>>
>>47959101
None of those are more rising than RG Valakut, Pili-Pala, 8rack or Storm (that is to say, they're trash).
>>
>>47960400
Burn, you fool
>>
>>47960839
Point is he's trying to get white for T2 soulfire or helix, terminate is much better when you have black mana T1 for disruption or red mana for bolt
>>
>>47961065
RG Valakut is balling, since it already likes titans, breach, and summoning trap I threw in a couple emrakul for backup
>>
>>47959945
god damn do i hate DA thalia's artwork, and the promo isn't that much better
>>
>>47960860
This shit is literally what I've thrown together today half based on what I could trade for. I know the curve is fucked up and Pyromancer is probably better here than Mentor. Like damn son calm your fat saggy tits. There's all kinds of contradictory information running around anyway to the point where I don't give a shit. GBx stopped running Bob for YEARS for no reason so he clearly isn't as essential as you say.

And Butcher is colour intensive? Nigger get the FUCK out of my face you don't know what colour intensive means. 1BBB is colour intensive, 1BWR isn't because you want access to all of your different colours anyway. This is why Wizards thinking that forcing you to use different colours would somehow balance their Khans cycles led to standard being crushed by Meme Rhinos and Abzan Charms that weren't in the least bit difficult to cast was fucking dumb. In goldfishing I'm fetching basics most of the time because I ain't got colour problems.

People asked for my deck list, I posted it. I didn't ask for help or advice.
>>
>>47961103
That's what Shocklands are for.
>>
>>47960762
nah i just spotted your post and remembered the skred guy. Figured it was more helpful than being the "read the thread faggot" guy
>>
>>47961160
>1BWR isn't because you want access to all of your different colours anyway

You think it's easier to get BWR than BBB ? In Modern it's the same because of the manabase.

The problem with triple colors is that your duals can only tap once and you can find yourself in odd situations where your only white source is also your only red source.

Anyway, 9 4+ drops is way too much for Modern without ramp.
>>
>>47961399
>You think it's easier to get BWR than BBB ?
It costs less life. Either way I don't see why you care.
>>
>>47939422
Lightning helix will net them 0 life
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.