[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warmachine/Hordes general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: WARMACHINESale008.jpg-c200.jpg (16 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
WARMACHINESale008.jpg-c200.jpg
16 KB, 200x200
Jackspam observed in the wild edition.

Mk3 list building: http://conflictchamber.com

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader <dot> com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
Latest Errata:
> WE MK3 BOYS
Steamroller Rules
http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:http://pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
Exigence abridged: http://pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
devastation abridged: http://pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj
Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
http://warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
http://files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
http://files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
>>
skreeonk
>skreeonk
skreeonk
>>
Anyone have blood of kings?
>>
So was Lock and Load the only way to get the new battle boxes before August? Might have to change up my list pairing for an upcoming tournament if that's the case.
>>
>>47924694
>plastic

Why? Metal Crusaders are cheaper and look better.
>>
>>47925122
august? you locally out of stock?

things release end of june.
>>
So, I'm looking at Ret warcasters. Is there any reason for Thyron to be on a medium base?

Normally, a larger than small base is a disadvantage meant to mitigate a warcaster's personal power by making them more vulnerable to being threatened. But Thyron's stats are nothing special without Storm Rager, and still not as deadly as Butcher with it. And while his spell list is pretty solid, he doesn't do anything hugely powerful or have any truly notable effects going, not to mention being limited by his low focus.

So why's he on a medium base?
>>
>>47925318
he's supposedly kareem abdul-jabar
>>
>>47925318
Giant Elf Syndrome is a thing in Iron Kingdoms. Goreshade, Issyria and Thyron are examples of this.
>>
>>47925397
Yeah, but from a gameplay perspective, what does he have that makes him deserving of that vulnerability?

He's not as killy as Butcher. He does nothing close to the amazing shit Harby does. What exactly has he got that merits that design choice?
>>
>>47925447
He's big because he's big.

You are over thinking this
>>
File: images (49).jpg (17 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
images (49).jpg
17 KB, 384x384
>>47925562
>>
>>47925562
Hmm.

I guess what I'm saying is that he seems underpowered for a medium based caster.
>>
>>47925639
Medium base casters often don't have anything to do with relative power.

Beyond that, it does make stuff like reach better on them than on a small base.
>>
>>47925639
Yea you're overthinking it, PP starts with fluff for 9/10 of their models. " Wouldn't it be cool to have a big-ass swordsman warcaster?" is the entire reason for him to be a medium base.
>>
>>47925801
Wonder if the Ellowyur Swordsmen are going to be medium-based as well, or if Thyron is just a freak of nature.
>>
>>47926109
Iirc they're a ten man unit, so they're probably gonna be small base. Only trolls get 10 man medium base units
>>
Ok so Hark is pretty much my favourite caster, so he's where I'm starting in Mk3. Going to see how many jacks feels right.

Harkevich - 28WJP
-Black Ivan - 19
-Decimator - 16
-Decimator - 16
-Juggernaut - 12
-Kodiak - 13

Winter Guard Infantry (6) - 7
-CA - 4
Winter Guard Field Gun Crew - 4
Battle Mechaniks (4) - 3
Kayazi Eliminators - 5

Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich - 4

So I'm starting quite jack heavy, and chances are good I'm going to have to drop down to 4 so that I can have more breathing room for support. Anyway, Black Ivan is good value for Hark so he's easy to start with. The plan with the Decimators is to use the Field Gun to knock down a target to fix their RAT and then put 4-6 Decimator shots into it - pretty serious threat against jacks, but it might be too janky in actual play. The Kodiak was originally a Devastator for anti-infantry, but I needed the 1 point so the Kodiak subs in. Lastly the Juggernaut is just such a great beat stick, and Hark gives it everything it wants on feat turn.

The rest of the list is all about supporting the jack line. The winterguard cower behind and use the minifeat to unjam, then look for juicy CRA's after. Battle mechaniks keep systems operational and help win ranged attrition, and the Eliminators are a nice little toolbox - part jam, part unjam, all utility.

Any suggestions for change? I get the feeling that dropping one Decimator for some more flexible additions will make for a better list, but I'll be damned if I don't want to make 5 jacks work.
>>
File: harkevich-01.jpg (22 KB, 215x225) Image search: [Google]
harkevich-01.jpg
22 KB, 215x225
>>47926449
FORGOT IMAGE
>>
So it turns out Ragnor is really freaking good. Like, top tier Troll caster good. Have any of you guys played him yet? Have you experienced the glory of putting a giant pile of unkillable beasts and Champions on the table?
>>
>>47925292
Privateer Press announced a while back that they wouldn't be able to fulfill most suppliers' orders until later in the summer. They didn't even make enough stuff to fulfill the very first wave of preorders, yet thought it would last them through the year.
>>
>>47926586
Played against him.

Killed him turn three with little issue.
>>
>>47926586
I lit don't remember what he does besides cover
>>
>>47926625
>>47926603
Man, Troll players must suck in your meta. Get ready to see a lot of this guy then. It's going to be him, Calandra, and Madrak2 pretty much all the time in competitive events
>>
>>47926705
I'm not buying into warroom, so I haven't played Mk3 yet, that's why I don't remember what he does besides cover.
>>
>>47926705
And I figured you'd say that.

Don't insult my opponent by concluding that he must be bad, without even asking what I played or how I killed him.
>>
With new affliction giving -2 def, have long gunners become a real option for Fiona now ? If she still can field them ofc
>>
>>47926705
Why calandra? One fury change isn't going to change the fact that her best army options took major hits.
>>
>>47926748
Why were the lists? I'm not really 'wowd' by ragnor either
>>
>>47926748
Well, provide evidence that you or your opponent aren't total trash then.

>>47926819
16 inch Star Cross and DEF 14 Arm 20 heavy beasts are amazing
>>
File: IMG_20160623_191042430.jpg (1 MB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160623_191042430.jpg
1 MB, 1456x2592
>Base
>Body
>Left arm
>Right arm
>Spear
>Shield
>Helmet
>Left pauldron
>Left pauldron spike
>Left pauldron back
>Right pauldron
>Right pauldron spike
>Right pauldron back
>Back flag

YOU THINK THIS IS A FUCKING JOKE PP?
>>
File: Ragnor1_75.png (164 KB, 421x585) Image search: [Google]
Ragnor1_75.png
164 KB, 421x585
>>47926839
His list, was off the top of my head, something like this, but with the UA for the stone as well(Conflict won't let me attach it for some reason).

Dunno if this is exactly it though.
>>
>>47927165
you should never play malifaux
>>
File: Aurora1_75.png (196 KB, 421x729) Image search: [Google]
Aurora1_75.png
196 KB, 421x729
>>47927167
>>47926886
As for me, I played this.

Which is where we see the issue, not only with Rag, but with Trollbloods in general. Outside of your dedicated shooting lists, I don't think there's much of anything trolls can do about Aurora. I get to dictate when we fight, and if you don't want to lose your warcaster, you have to play incredibly defensively. Rags more specifically has to pop feat defensively in order to prevent an Alpha from removing half his army, and when he does I can simply just set up for an alpha next turn.
>>
>>47926804

She can't currently, she might be able to in Army of the Kingmaker and probably in the Laelese resistance theme forces. Neither are out right now so no Long Gunners in Mercs right now

However, merc shooting is pretty sick nasty right now and she even gets the commodore so affliction isn't wasted by any means
>>
>>47926804
They were a pretty real option for her before.
>>
>>47927213
I'm not seeing any issues fighting this list. Ragnor can just run into the zone and pop feat and laugh as you fail to kill his army and die to Champion retaliatory strikes.

There's nothing particularly scary or anything here worrisome, it's just dude spam which is garbage in Mk3.
>>
>>47927165

its skorne, of course its a joke
>>
>>47927294
If he pops his feat, I don't have to engage him, man. I can just wait.

And you don't see anything dangerous about the fact that I can put my entire army into your caster, and the only thing you can do about it is try and crowd me out?
>>
>>47927301
>I purposely cut the sculpt into 13 pieces. As a joke.
>>
>>47927316
I mean sure, if you don't want to fight me while I'm in the zone, scoring points, sure that's cool. I'll take the time walk and fight you next turn. You also can't put you whole army into Ragnor. Hes behind a giant pile of armor and boxes and DEF 18 or he's Def 20. CoC dudes can't hit that and if they do he has transfers and the occasional shield guard.

You beat a shitty Troll player dude, it's OK
>>
>>47926586
He has the best troll lock sculpt, that's for sure.
>>
>>47927418
Man, my spell list gives flight and +2" of movement, and my feat gives parry.

It doesn't fucking matter how many dudes you put in my way, unless they're all entirely crowded around Ragnor himself, I can get to him. And if they are, I just kill them first(against, with my parry having, flight having, +2" movement having army) and then I kill Ragnor.

Unles you build a giant fucking box about Ragnor, I can get to him. And if you do, then I'm winning on scenario, not you.
>>
>>47927463
And even better, from the sounds of it you're not planning on having many infantry models on the table, which makes crowding me out even harder. So there's that.
>>
>>47927418
You know it is totally okay to just give up a scenario point if you can out score them or kill them next turn.
Waffleing is a legitimate strategy.
>>
>shitty troll player and meme army player trying to have a dick measuring contest
kek
>>
>>47927463
You know people can premeasure right? It's not all that hard to keep a model X inches away from whatever you want attack with? You should never get to charge a caster with your army unless your opponent is incredibly dumb.

A caster like Ragnor doesn't need to get that far up the table. He's going to hang out just beyond your threat range and murder you with his army. Same goes for anyone else. Your army is pretty predictable unless you're fighting a total newbie. Your threat maxes out at 12 on Angels and 10 on everyone else right? Ooh, so scary. That one unit goes so far!
>>
>>47927782
Robot have no need for dicks, and there are more important things to measure.

Like my assassination angles into your caster to win the game.
>>
File: Scaverous1_75 (1).png (147 KB, 421x513) Image search: [Google]
Scaverous1_75 (1).png
147 KB, 421x513
>>47927294
Dudespam is not dead. The Dirt Thirty is an integral part of my plan to hate my opponent to death. It also happens to be one of the bester ways to deal with jackspam in Cryx. I've built a three legged stool of "anti-armor, anti-shooting (pow 10), and 'castle' aka The Waffle Cone."

So far I have tested out Scaverous and Denny3 (the waffle) and I'm fairly happy with them. I still need to try out my Venethrax jack list.
>>
File: Amon1_75 (5).png (216 KB, 421x759) Image search: [Google]
Amon1_75 (5).png
216 KB, 421x759
Ran this last night. I've only got three games with it under my belt, so I'm still terrible with it, but it's... good.

Ran up against Xekaar beast spam and killed two heavies under his feat. Basically traded off two beasts at a time back and forth (letting him kill the first pair) until I had four and he had one.

Mostly though I'm just a closet treadhead and love being able to throw out a lot of cheap resilient machines on the board, but damn this list is fun and really, really good.
>>
>>47927799
I thought he was scoring on scenario? How's he hanging back all safe and sound while still far enough forward to score?

And with the Diffuser shot, it's 14" on angels, 14" on the Steelsouls, and 12" on the Eradicators, though they can sidestep off of something to get that 14". Perfs can technically get to 16-18". Reductors walk to 13" threat.

Aurora herself has a total threat of 17" with everything in play, though she rarely goes for the caster herself.

And you're right, they can play safe and sound, nice and far back. If they do that, I just go for scenario, jamming them out.
>>
>>47927893
Oh, and the Conservator can threat up to 13" as well.
>>
>>47927893
You know models can score on scenario, right? You don't have to do score with your caster.
>>
>>47927294
>>47927967
>Ragnor can just run into the zone and pop feat

Beyond that, there's not too many scenarios that I can't contest while staying most out of his threat ranges.
>>
File: tanith.png (41 KB, 468x449) Image search: [Google]
tanith.png
41 KB, 468x449
This conversation is boring and pointless.
>>
>>47928011
I know, I won already, but the Troll players won't fucking give it up.
>>
Man, I really wanted to limit myself to two, maybe three casters while I transition from MkII to MkIII but with every Ret caster getting changed (except Thyron but the game changed around him in interesting ways) it's really hard to not try everyone. Everyone but Ravyn, Kaelyssa, and Garryth that is...
>>
>>47924764
True/false in both Warmachine and 40k.
>>
>>47928044
That's because your playing a shitty caster and think you've unlocked the game. You're wrong
>>
>>47928372
I'm glad you can tell me why, beyond not being able to tell me why.
>>
>>47926109
Small based single wound anon.
>>
New player here. Are y'all sure those pdfs are for mk3? The text on page 3 says "first printed December 2015". Didn't mk3 just release a few days ago?
>>
>>47928487
Mk2 did not release in December 2015.

Please share PDFs
>>
>>47928487
Yea, dunno why it says that. They're the new edition though.
>>
>>47928487
Early drafts
>>
>>47928487
That's probably when it was finished, or thereabouts. But yes, that's mark 3, straight from PP's own site.
>>
(Hexeris 2) Lord Arbiter Hexeris [+27]
- Titan Cannoneer [17]
- Titan Sentry [15]
- Cyclops Savage [8]
- Razor Worm [7]
- Aptimus Marketh [6]
Cataphract Incindiarii (max) [18]
Nihilators (max) [15]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]
Extoller Soulward [3]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [4]
Swamp Gobbers Bellows Crew [2]

This is what I'd use if my opponent wasn't playing a faction resistant to fire like Menoth or Trolls. I can slay your infantry while harassing the shit out of your caster with POW14 Hellfires from anywhere. And RNG16 POW15+3d6 shots from the Cannoneer is very respectable, especially when Black Spot is floating around. I'm not really expecting to crack armour here, rather I want to melt your infantry, tie up your heavies, and go for your caster.

(Makeda 1) Archdomina Makeda [+29]
- Molik Karn [20]
- Titan Sentry [15]
- Cyclops Raider [9]
- Agonizer [7]
Cataphract Cetrati (max) [20]
- Tyrant Vorkesh [6]
Nihilators (max) [15]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (min) [5]
Extoller Soulward [3]

Relying on Karn for an assassination is still fine you know. Sentry over Titan because the Agonizer is amazing and once again I don't plan on cracking armour in one activation anyway. Cetrati are underrated since they get up to ARM22 with the Agonizer. Another neat trick against Hordes factions is to use the Agonizer to drop a fury on your opponent's beasts then throw The Lash on them, forcing your opponent to take threshold checks he's most likely going to lose.

Nihilators go in every list because they're fucking NIHILATORS.
>>
I have that 2 player Legion/Circle box set arriving to my house either today or tomorrow. What do y'all think of the box for a complete and total noobie to this game and should I just go ahead and throw away all the MK2 media?
>>
>>47928751
Play with the stuff in the box. The Mk2 rules are essentially the same, so if you learn to play with those the transition will be easy. Learning the broad outline of how the game plays out is much more important than knowing you can't roll tough while knocked down.
>>
>>47926586
Is there an image like this for Tanith?
>>
>>47928768
Interesting. Why did they release a new version of the game if the changes are that minor?

Also do I have to go purchase a Codex for whatever faction I want to play or do I -only- need those character cards?
>>
>tfw you can't reproduce your mkII army because you are one point off
>>
>>47928896
The changes are numerous enough to warrant a new version, but not numerous enough for it to matter to a new player. And when it comes to rules books, you can buy the book when it's released but the entire thing is available free as a PDF linked in the OP. For your army's cards you'll need to get hold of a faction deck which isn't too expensive. Hopefully when the new edition is properly out retailers will be putting Mk3 cards in models they have in stock so you might be able to get away with not buying a faction deck.
>>
>>47928912
Fuck. I just realised that that one point I'm always missing when building a list is because full stone is 9 not 8 points. Screw you, PP.
>>
>>47928948
Are we able to purchase the mk3 cards yet? I'm having trouble finding the decks for purchase.
>>
>>47929103

Did you install the new War Room? If you're trying to get the decks in the old app then you won't find anything.
>>
>>47929205
I like to keep my analog gaming traditional. If I'm unable to buy the faction cards, I guess I'll have to buckle and download that app.
>>
>>47928985
Just drop the elder stone guy
t. Menoth player
>>
Where were you when Alexia became the best gunslinger in the Iron Kingdoms?
>>
>>47929215

The physical decks are being released this Wednesday if you can wait a little longer.
>>
>>47929220
Switched to pBorka and saved on the runebearer and replaced mauler+earthborn for Rok+axer. I think I'm happy with the list now.
>>
>>47929292
How is she any different than before?
>>
>distributors telling stores they didn't get any mk3 kits in
>proud American stores now forced to suffer like poor awful EU stores
This is an outrage. America should not have to be on the same field as Europoors. PP really dropped the ball here.
>>
>>47929396
21 HANDCANNON SHOTS.

IN A ROW.
>>
>>47929411
no
you cant buy hand gun attacks with death magic
>>
>>47929661

Well you could but it's ROF 1 with no reload
>>
>>47929760
Doesn't mean anything.

Reload is required on shit with Focus or Fury because the Additional Attacks rule was changed to only allow you to buy additional melee attacks. If you're not using Focus or Fury, then it doesn't apply.

Death Magic lets you buy any attack, including ranged ones.

Between this and the ranking officer shit letting you put spells on Alexia, it's pretty clear where those three years of playtesting went.
>>
>>47929781
Expect that in the first errata then.
>>
>>47929923
Oh, I'm not saying it won't get changed.

I'm saying it shouldn't even be there.
>>
>>47929781
Won't Alexia just grant Spell Ward to the officer, too?
>>
Skorne Army - 75 / 75 (+24) points

(Makeda 3) Makeda & the Exalted Court [+24]
- the Exalted Court
- Agonizer [7]
- Titan Sentry [15]
- Titan Sentry [15]
- Tiberion [22]
- Aptimus Marketh [6]
Praetorian Swordsmen (max) [13]
- Praetorian Swordsman Officer & Standard [4]
Hakaar the Destroyer [7]

Thoughts?
>>
>>47931177
Too many Handlers. Cut down to a single max Handlers, a Sentry for a Gladiator, and bring a Master Tormentor.
>>
does anyone have the cygnar and trollblood card pdfs? I just noticed I dont have them
>>
>>47931177

(Makeda 3) Makeda & the Exalted Court [+24]
- the Exalted Court
- Molik Karn [20]
- Tiberion [22]
- Bronzeback Titan [18]
- Titan Gladiator [14]
- Titan Gladiator [14]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]

Probably better than mine.
>>
>>47931599
The Bronzeback is a memebeast now.
>>
>>47930572
Only if she's in formation. The idea is that turn one she runs out of formation, which removes spell wars in the unit, and then you cast the spell on them. Next turn you move back into formation, regaining spell ward. As spell ward doesn't end spells, only prevents targeting, spell stays up and you're golden.

Then you go make your 21 hand cannon shots
>>
File: rhulic.jpg (222 KB, 800x655) Image search: [Google]
rhulic.jpg
222 KB, 800x655
An all Rhulic army in MK3 - viable? better as part of another army?
>>
>>47931636
Thought it might have a place with three other Titans in the list. Almost definitely better as something else, though.

>>47931666
What buffs does she even want? On the other hand, though, does Butcher1's feat still affect all damage rolls?
>>
>>47931177
Why the Swordsmen? Here's mine:

Mak3
- Gladiator
- Sentry
- Tiberion
- Molik
- Aradus Soldier
2x min Handlers

Bring your shooting, bring your heavies. I shall do away with both.

>>47931327
>Master Tormentor
no
>>
>>47932047
Nigger that Tormentor went from MAT7 to 8. That's a huge deal with Thresher + Anatomical Precision.
>>
>>47931769

A mostly rhulic list is perfectly viable. It'll be very Jack heavy with a unit of forgeguard and some non dorf solos
>>
>>47932054
But why would Mak3 want that?
>>
>>47932065
To clear infantry out from in front of your heavies since you apparently don't have any other way of doing it.
>>
>>47932074
>since you apparently don't have any other way of doing it.
Infantry is not for clearing. It's for surfing.
>>
>>47932107
Or you could bring a Willbreaker to 1) extend control range, and 2) give your Swordsmen tough.
>>
File: Skorne's up, dudes.jpg (292 KB, 1000x602) Image search: [Google]
Skorne's up, dudes.jpg
292 KB, 1000x602
>>47932107
>>
>>47932118
>Or you could bring a Willbreaker to 1) extend control range, and 2) give your Swordsmen tough.
Yeah a Willbreaker is always good. But not for the Swordsmen. I don't know why that guy is taking them in the first place. Mak3 doesn't need a screen.
>>
>>47932176
In all fairness, Swordsmen are really good in Mk3. If you want a general use melee unit that can crunch infantry you bring Nihilators, but Swordsmen are good too.
>>
>>47932205
I thought about using Swordsmen with Xerxis1 for Tactical Supremacy and hiding them behind DWarded Karax. But every time I wanted to use them anywhere I couldn't help but wonder if Nihilators would just be better.
>>
>>47925053
I'll give you a spoiler: Drake MacBain may have early onset Alzheimer's. He was literally in the room when Magnus introduced Julius to some big-wig nobleman halfway through the book, but later on towards the end he seemingly forgets who the fuck Julius actually is and has to have his identity re-revealed.
>>
>>47932339
That sounds about right prolly alcoholic induced Alzheimer's.
>>
>>47932276
It's the attack roll difference that really gets me. You don't expect anything with 6 to hit. It's great that they have 2 attacks and all, but even then the paltry PS9 can let you down. Nihilators just fucking kill shit.
>>
I haven't played since late Mk I and very early Mk II, what's going on with Mk III and is it a good time to get back into the game?
>>
>>47932893
Mk2 devolved the game into weaponmaster infantry spam. Mk3 aims to change that by sort of forcing players into using more warnouns, while at the same time giving Warmachine players a reason to actually bring jacks, in that jacks generate some of their own focus now.
>>
>>47932907

Oh that's good. Infantry spam was a problem in Mk I as well and a big part of why all my friends stopped playing.

I'll sit back and read up then. Anything else critical they've changed or streamlined?
>>
>>47932928
They've been aiming to streamline the game although off the top of my head I couldn't tell you exactly what they've done. I know they've been cutting down on the amount of words on cards. And tough only works when you're on your feet, so Trolls can't keep bullshitting their way to victory.
>>
>>47932947

Oh good. That shit was always kind of stupid.
>>
>>47926449
>>47926468
you forgot behemoth too. I think I like destroyers more than decimators at the moment- the aoe and 4 extra inches on the gun goes a long way to clearing out some infantry. I'd rather run something like this:

Khador Army - 75 / 75 (+28) points

(Harkevich 1) Kommander Harkevich, The Iron Wolf [+28]
- Behemoth [24]
- Destroyer [16]
- Destroyer [16]
- Black Ivan [19]
Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich [4]
Winter Guard Field Gun Crew [4]
Winter Guard Infantry (min) [7]
- Winter Guard Infantry Officer & Standard [4]
- Winter Guard Rocketeer (3) [6]
Battle Mechaniks (min) [3]
>>
>>47932928
Jacks get a free focus every turn if they're in their caster's control range, are mostly cheaper, and you have to take around two heavies in every list (due to list construction rules; the warjack/warbeast points introduced in Mk2 were roughly tripled in effective value in Mk3)

Command checks (and Fearless/Terror/Abomination) no longer exist.

Fury management in Hordes is drastically scaled down.

Overboosting is "spend a focus to reduce incoming damage by up to 5" instead of a flat ARM bonus.

And, really, that's the biggest set of differences in Mk3. A lot of models changed. Some other things changed (like, you can now Frenzy without looking it up in the book every time because it was needlessly complicated, and pushes, arm locks, and head locks are gone), but not enough to seriously change the feel of the game.
>>
Skorne Army - 26 / 75 (+24) points

(Makeda 2) Supreme Archdomina Makeda [+24]
- Agonizer [7]
- Tyrant Vorkesh [6]

Please, someone, fill my limited mind with the glorious knowledge of how to Mak2.
>>
>>47933690

>Overboosting is "spend a focus to reduce incoming damage by up to 5" instead of a flat ARM bonus.

Does this mean its become more cost effective and made a lot of casters less squishy?
>>
>>47933690

I liked arm and headlocks, but I can see why they are gone. Pushes seemed pointless most of the time when people slammed anyway.

So all in all that seems better. Enough to make me consider picking up the game again!
>>
>>47934204
>Pushes seemed pointless most of the time when people slammed anyway.

Pushes were primarily used as a cheap way to build a Synergy chain.
>>
>>47934181
Mostly it means that you can camp less but still get more out of that smaller camp any time that you would camp 4 or less focus. or 5 I guess, since every focus is effectively +5ARM per hit. It means you can feel more comfortable/safe spending more focus, in theory. It also makes some casters more susceptible to large volumes of middling POW hits, similar to a Warlock. Obviously this also means camping more than 5 is a little less effective, but also useful as extra insurance if you're expecting to get pinged a whole shit ton.
>>
>>47934278

I think that is a good thing though. Camping your focus was a little too obvious of a choice at times and, at least with my group, made people less prone to taking risks or playing aggressively.
>>
>>47934297
Correct. I was just trying to point out the new pros and cons more cleanly to Anon. I much prefer the system as it promotes more allocation and spellslinging while still keeping the spirit of overboosting intact.
>>
The Man caught on and Alexia can't turn Risen into bullets.

But Zaal1 can give Hakaar free souls again. Hooray, compromises?
>>
>>47927301
>>47927202
>>47927165
>laughing girls.jaypeg

He hasn't heard about the Desert Hydra.

>Havin' a giggle.mate
>>
>>47932928
>>47932947
>>47933000
>>47933690
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?252717-A-Guide-to-Rules-Changes-from-Mk-II-to-Mk-III
>>
>>47934618
Too bad, I loved the idea of Alexia outshooting Caine.
>>
>>47935308

>Eyeless Sight: Models with Eyeless Sight no longer ignore forests when determining LOS and are now immune to the Blind effect.

Get fucked, legionfags.
>>
>>47935578
not even a huge nerf
>>
>>47935578

Legion trash tier. Totally useless now.
>>
Is there a rule preventing ranking officers being attachted to the old allied units?
>>
>>47936644
the old ally units are now partisans, and you can't add ranking officers to FF units.
>>
What are some good careers to pair with Illuminated Arcanist? I'm thinking either duelist or soldier.
>>
>>47933142
Yeah Behemoth does look pretty fantastic, that's for sure, but I'm much too lazy to assemble the extremoth sitting on my desk so for now I do without.

That seems like... Way too many bombards. There's only so much infantry to kill, and Decimators do much more damage to heavies at range, though admittedly at much shorter range. I have such mixed feelings for broadside.
>>
File: 41110_FionaTheBlack2014_WEB.jpg (337 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
41110_FionaTheBlack2014_WEB.jpg
337 KB, 600x600
I'm going to start playing Fiona the Black, but... still need to get Commodore Cannon and a bunch of Press Gangers. Any other mandatory additions to her lists?
>>
>>47938551
31 points of jacks.
>>
>>47938551
Are you a fluff player that is going to have her run a privateer army, or are you going to play the most optimal mercs?
>>
>>47938627
Win games, ay? That's why you only need 1 unit of Press Gangers for Cultists, roight?
>>
>>47938674
>>47938551
First mate hawk or kayazy eliminators make solid arc nodes for her since they are relatively fast and have acrobatics.

Shooting units are good with her because nonokrion brand, but your options are somewhat limited here until theme forces get revealed. Nyss hunters are probably the best option for now. Other options include idrians, steelhead riflemen and the much maligned highshields, or you could put it on a shooting jack. Also thorn gun mages, but I don't belive they are released yet.

Boomhowlers with roth's mercy are a mean tarpit. Kayazy can also work well with her.

I actually don't think that the pirate boat is that bad with her. 4+ no knockdown tough with roth's mercy seems pretty brutal.
high shields might actually work well with her as well. 2 attacks for affliction, and arm 15/19 works well with the feat. I would not recomend them unless you know what your doing
>>
>>47933818
Well you've got an excellent brick so now you would probably want to take models that can take advantage of that brick. So Reivers and the Archidon might be worth a try. Both of them like protection from melee due to being ranged and sprint respectively.

Next you'll want 1-2 good Stormrager targets. I'd take a look at Hakaar, Rhadeim or a Void Spirit.

Now you're probably fine for everything except for armor cracking. So you could take Despoiler/Bronzeback/Tiberion/Soldier to fix that.

Spend the rest of your points on support and you're done.

(Makeda 2) Supreme Archdomina Makeda [+24]
- Agonizer [7]
- Archidon [12]
- Despoiler [18]
- Tyrant Vorkesh [6]
Venator Reivers (max) [15]
- Venator Reiver Officer & Standard [4]
Hakaar the Destroyer [7]
Swamp Gobber Chef [1]

At least that's what I'm thinking.
>>
>>47934275
>Pushes were primarily used to get 1" extra threat.
FTFY. There is one Synergy caster that likes pushes.
>>
>>47938826
Not that poster but there's a good few things I disagree with you on here.

>Archidon
Is an all-round 'meh' beast honestly.
>Despoiler
I feel as though character beasts NEED their bae to be any good now. Like, without Mordikaar he won't be pooping out free dangerous solos so why bring him?
>Muh brick
Nigger if you've got a brick going bring a Sentry and watch everything bounce off your 23ARM elephant. The Sentry still has respectable damage output with Enrage. And you can always charge your Cetrati if you want to crack armour.
>Reivers
Honestly I'd bring Venator Dakka to go along with them. He's not a UA, he's a solo, but still gives all Reivers in his CMD +1RAT which is a huge deal. And for only 4 points he's 7RAT with weaponmaster on his gun so is perfect for hunting down solos. I'd also bring an Extoller Soulward to 1) mop up the Reiver souls, 2) give Eyeless Sight to Dakka to help him hunt solos, and 3) blow chunks out of heavies because that gun is still hilarious.

Consider bringing a Brute just to clog up the front lines. 8 points for a 13/21 with a bunch of boxes and reach isn't too shabby. Just sit it in front of your opponent's infantry. He can't even charge it because it has Set Defense, so his infantry will never deal with it before it cleaves their assholes in two.

This does bring me to the question of how you win though. You have nothing to really crack armour, and you have no way of assassinating. Ok how about this:

>Out
Archidon
Despoiler
Swamp Gobber Chef
>In
Titan Sentry
Titan Gladiator
Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew

You got your brick, you got damage from the Gladiator, you got cheap LOS tricks from the Bellows Crew. Nigger you got it ALL.
>>
>>47939343
>Archidon
Is indeed meh, no objection. However with a brick to hide behind, its hit and run abilities become viable. It's also really cheap.
>Despoiler
I actually wrote what he is there for, to help with armor cracking. You could however substitute him with an aradus soldier, a bronzeback or (perhaps the best option) a Gladiator and a 4p solo (like the Dakka).
>Reivers
Will be CRAing most of the time anyway and RAT7 is honestly enough. If you have the points for the Dakka take him, but without artillery he's not mandatory.
>Brick
Neither am I black nor do I produce rap music, so your insults are as accurate as they are appreciated. The anon wanted to have a Mak2 list with a Cetrati brick, which i provided. Other casters do the Sentry "brick" better than her and she actually makes the Cetrati really solid, especially with a Willbreaker.
>>
>>47939406
>Is indeed meh, no objection. However with a brick to hide behind, its hit and run abilities become viable. It's also really cheap.
You could try and shoehorn Molik Karn in there then. He also has the ability to hit and run with his animus, but also has much better assassination potential than the Archidon despite the nerfs.
>I actually wrote what he is there for, to help with armor cracking
I'd definitely just use a Gladiator then. 18p is a lot to spend on a -2ARM aura. Just remember that the Rush animus only works when making a full advance now.

But yeah there's better casters for a brick. My personal favourite is Hexeris2 purely because every infantry model you melt heals one of your models a box. Like damn son, you can literally throw a Sentry out in the middle of the field, cast Ashes to Ashes through it, kill 6 models, then heals 6 boxes on the 23ARM sentry. It's not exactly Xerxis1 with Defender's Ward and feat up but damn son that's resiliency.
>>
>>47939448
>You could try and shoehorn Molik Karn in there then. He also has the ability to hit and run with his animus, but also has much better assassination potential than the Archidon despite the nerfs.
Definitely.

>>47939448
>Just remember that the Rush animus only works when making a full advance now.
It works on Normal Movement. That includes Charges, Runs, Tramples and Slams. Of course assuming they happen during your Normal Movement.
>>
>>47939618
Oh shit I misread, yeah you're right about Rush.
>>
>>47938832
Pretty much. Power Up more than makes it redundant for eVyros and Amon, and the +3 cap to Synergy already fucks Bradigus enough that the loss of Push isn't noticeable.

It was mostly an expensive way to get an extra inch of threat range. Can't say I'm particularly bothered, and I think I used it more than anyone I've played.
>>
File: Makeda2_75.png (224 KB, 421x627) Image search: [Google]
Makeda2_75.png
224 KB, 421x627
>>47938826
This is my version of that general theme I'm working towards. Got a lot of Skorne sitting on my shelf, only need eMakeda, Rhadeim, and the chefs to finish it, and it should be fun.
>>
>>47940263
Hm. That list could be severely lacking in board presence. Any split zone scenario (or fucking Incursion) will be a problem. You're not only bricking up, you also have an extremely low model count.
>>
>>47940263
The Memeoth is a pretty bad model now. If you want to kill infantry blobs you can do better than 38 points of a couple 3" templates.
>>
>>47940346
>The Memeoth is a pretty bad model now
I object. You don't really see its uses. Nobody takes a 38p Gargantuan just to kill infantry. The Mamoth becomes incredibly durable with an Agonizer and even more so with any other buff added on top of that. It can dish out more pain than any other warbeast, again depending on buffs. And it is probably the best protection an Agonizer can get.

As a side note on Agonizer protection: Protect your Agonizer from e-leaps by putting your Rasheth in B2B with your Mammoth.
>>
Been in and out with WMH the last few years, with this last out being almost a whole year.

Hearing of some of the Khador changes (aww yiss MAT 7) makes me want to dredge them out again and is slow burning my re-interest in the game. Any other Khador things spoiled?
>>
>>47940431
>As a side note on Agonizer protection: Protect your Agonizer from e-leaps by putting your Rasheth in B2B with your Mammoth.

Something about this amuses the hell out of me.
>>
>>47940523
Yeah I can imagine the fat fuck laughing as the lightning tickles his butthole.
>>
>>47940533
Oh and then Nemo3 makes Rasheth's eyes go wide all of a sudden.
>>
>>47940509
It's kinda odd that people keep asking for spoilers and leaks when this edition has been out officially for almost two weeks
>>
File: Consider-The-Following.jpg (37 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Consider-The-Following.jpg
37 KB, 500x500
>Skorne Mammoth:
38 points
AOE3 RNG12 POW15, d3+1 shots all at range 12. No way to buff this damage or the range.

Rat 4

8-20 stats, crappy animus and 56 boxes. In the entire faction there are 2 ARM buffs for it, defenders ward on xerxis and death pact from zaal.

PS 18, 19, 19 fists, so effectively 20, 21, 21

>Cygnar Hurricane
RNG 12 POW 16 guns that knockdown or slam
RNG14 AOE4 guns
guaranteed for 4 shots, dont have to roll a 3 on a d3 to get it.

PS20 fists that knock auto points out of warjacks. Multiple ways to give it free charges from a 3pt solo to several casters spells

RAT 6. 10/19 in a faction that can buff it in every single list to 10/22. Also is an arc node. Multiple ways to buff its damage both in melee and at range. SPD5. Disables flight.

also 56 boxes. Just for 1 pt more at 39 points.

Gee it would be nice to get a Garg that can compete with a colossal for once. The hurricane is better on just about every single level. it does more damage at range, it kills more infantry at range, it even assassinates thanks to ranged slams. After this it only does marginally less damage in melee because harder targets have been softened by its guns and weaker targets might be outright dead, or the difference in melee power doesnt matter against a single heavy.
>>
>>47940809
This is pretty much how I feel when I look at the ~12PC heavy beast options and then look at the ~12PC heavy jack options.
>>
>>47940928
Or Jacks and Beasts in general.
>>
How do I play dorfs and win?
>>
>>47940985
Apply bunnies
>>
>>47940993

How many bunnies do I need?
>>
>>47940985
Losing is fun.
>>
>>47941008

But I want to win at least 50% of the time ..
>>
>>47941001
All of them.
>>
>>47924764
Well, maybe not *nothing* (in both cases) but certainly not the litany of evil you'll read in the press.
>>
>>47941001
I made a fun Durgen list with seven..... But that's all I own. Also had a Basher and a Rockram, Thor, Kayazy, and some other stuff.
>>
>>47941034

That's a lot of bunnies, anon.

Lucky for them they're cute
>>
>>47941043
War Room Army

Mercenary - Durgen

Theme: No Theme Selected
75 / 75 Army

Durgen Madhammer - WJ: +29
- Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator - PC: 4
- Ghordson Basher - PC: 0
- Wroughthammer Rockram - PC: 0
- Grundback Gunner - PC: 0
- Grundback Gunner - PC: 6
- Grundback Blaster - PC: 6
- Grundback Blaster - PC: 6

Thor Steinhammer - PC: 4
Gobber Tinker - PC: 2

Herne & Jonne - Herne & Jonne: 5
Kayazy Eliminators - Leader & Grunt: 5
Kayazy Assassins - Leader & 9 Grunts: 15
- Kayazy Assassin Underboss - PC: 4

---

GENERATED : 06/24/2016 11:24:48
BUILD ID : 2018.16-06-15
>>
>>47941055
Why Kayazy over Nyss?

Other than that, that list would be a fucking nightmare to play against.
>>
What does Ossrum do? I've literally never seen him played.
>>
>>47941087
Don't own yet, have been holding out hope for a resculpt for years now. I can convert, but... Eh.
>>
>>47941098
That is indeed a good reason.

>>47941093
He makes his battlegroup even more scary. Read his card. His stuff is pretty straight-forward.
>>
File: LOicMJA.gif (731 KB, 280x160) Image search: [Google]
LOicMJA.gif
731 KB, 280x160
I just wanted gators to be a full faction unto themselves.
>>
conflictchamber.com has been updated with the ability to change list options (size, steamroller mode) during list editing. List option changes can be undone, as an added bonus.

Hip-deep in getting logins and list storing working at the moment.
>>
>>47941093
Makes them move faster, can give fire for effect
>>
>>47941170
Thanks for all of your work, anon
>>
>>47941155
Fuck off faggot, mixed minions best minions
>>
>>47941093

Let's all rhulic models in his command range ignore each other for LOS and move through each other. Works on your jacks.

Energizer,

gives all his jacks bulldoze,

fire for effect (mostly used on infantry or artillery).

Snipe.

Def buff + dodge for a single model. Good on himself or on a worthy solo.

Deceptively strong melee attack with crit decapitation. Get a lucky hit and boost the damage, you can wreck something.

Feat + energizer essentially makes rhulic spd 4 jacks charge 13" at ARM 22 for his feat turn. With pathfinder. Or they can just walk 10.

Bonus: rat 6 hand cannon
>>
File: DEF 10.png (729 KB, 538x696) Image search: [Google]
DEF 10.png
729 KB, 538x696
Hot off the presses
>>
>>47941313

Okay sorry I forgot energizer got sort of nerfed to 2". So "merely" a 12" charge
>>
>>47941337
The lower image needs a baby elephant barely visible behind the unmoving adult elephant.
>>
File: Poached elephant.jpg (54 KB, 590x350) Image search: [Google]
Poached elephant.jpg
54 KB, 590x350
>>47941337
>>47941497
Use this one.
>>
>>47940928

Archidon and Rhinodon

or

Juggernaut

>seems fair
>>
First Steamroller is in a week. Who do I pair with Kreoss1?
>>
>>47941520
Fuck me I struggle to poach an egg let alone an elephant...
>>
>>47941628
Yet that baby elephant managed to outright kill a full grown male on his own. He should be more careful with leaving his car door open though.
>>
File: DEF 10.png (509 KB, 538x697) Image search: [Google]
DEF 10.png
509 KB, 538x697
>>47941520
Thanks anon
>>
>>47941667

The KEY to your escape is hidden somewhere on this body.

I only hope you can SEE it before time runs out!
>>
>>47941520
>agonizer_consoles_a_bronzeback.jpg
>>
>>47941679
Not enough salt.
>>
>>47941385
If you throw the amazingly cheap Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyssl Sorceryssl in, they charge 14" threat 15"
>>
File: DEF 10.png (542 KB, 538x697) Image search: [Google]
DEF 10.png
542 KB, 538x697
>>47941812
Last one for good measure
>>
Just realized that the tournament that I've been preparing for is 50points MKIII, which I read as 50points MKII. Hopefully Retribution isn't as bad at lower points in MKIII as it was in MKII.
>>
>>47942096
Ew, gross
>>
>>47942096
just skew the shit out of your opponent
Blow them up with ossyan or something
>>
>>47942096
More then enough to fit a hyperion plus support, and a disco.
>>
I said so before, but Brand of Heresy is *cue Nathan Explosion voice* BRUTAL.
Saying "Let's get janky!" in the manner of Darkwing Duck before activating Reznik 1 with Scourge and Perdition is fun and often a true prediction.
The best way to wrap up a Reznik game is to get him in melee with the enemy warnoun, and, before making any rolls, calmly say, "In the name of his holiness, Hierarch Severius, leader of Menoth's people, I, Servath Reznik, condemn you to death for your heresy." Then feat, cast Engine of Destruction, and start rolling.
>>
>>47940809
Isnt the conquest or victor a more fair comparison?
>>
Do I need to buy the army book for a faction for any reason other than fluff?

If I have the faction cards and the rulebook, do I have 100% of what I need?
>>
>>47942415
No. The faction book has the equivalent of the cards in book form plus fluff. If you have the cards you're all set.
>>
>>47942096

Isn't shit higher than 50 points kind of huge and too much stuff?

Idk howlanyone plays 75 or 100 games, wouldn't it feel like 40k lite by that point?
>>
>>47942572
A 50 point mark 2 games is equivalent to a 75 point maklrk 3 game, which is what anon thought his torunament was doing. Instead they're doing 50 point mark 3 (or 35 points in mark 2)
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-24-11-10-40.png (798 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-24-11-10-40.png
798 KB, 1080x1920
Need help with my Durst list. The idea is to give the opponent no good choices to shoot (since this is gunline edition in my meta). I feel the list does piece trading well and can deliver the army with the feat and Deceleration while also providing long threat ranges through Fire of Salvation and Scourge of Heresy. Vigilant keeps Durst safe vs a ton of stuff with the upkeep, putting him at Def 19 from ranged attacks and spells while also putting him at Def 17 vs most melee attacks. The problem I'm running into is that I'd like to add a Hierophant and a Wrack to help fuel things, but I'm not sure what to drop to make it happen.
>>
>>47942658
Durst is the wurst.
>>
So did Makeda3 get massively buffed by being given normal warbeast points? In Mk2 she was +2, but in Mk3 she's +24.
>>
>>47942658
you could drop 1 knights exemplar+officer and replace with daughter+hierophant+wrack.
Daughters tend to be good against shooting because they are fast with stealth, and you could use some more infantry hate
>>
>>47943312
75+24 = 99 points

She actually has proportionally LESS points than she did before
>>
So, how does the legion bb win against another bb, seems a little weak to me. This is from a complete noob so idk. Going up against the cygnar box if it matters
>>
>>47942297
Im just priming my Reznik and i imagining him saying that while making the Sailor Moon pose.
>>
>>47943512
Turn 1 give def buff to your heavy, turn 2 upkeep the buff and give snipe to the bolt thrower. Keep everything 1'' outside the opponent's threat range and take a fully boosted shot at whatever.
Your opponent has to either run into melee to prevent you from shooting, or give you something to charge. The Legion battle box is really good, as long as you measure everything and know exactly what you are doing.
>>
>>47943442
If points are doubled, she went from 2 to 4, then got 20 free beast points. Compare that to Morghoul1 who went from 7 to 14, then only got 16. The only other caster I can see that got 20 beast points is Naaresh who for fuck knows what reason has the most beast points in Skorne.
>>
>>47943985

She gained 10 beast points but lost 12.5 real points, since she only has 75 Mk3 points to work with now instead of 100 like before

Put it this way, in Mk3 terms

Mk2 Makeda3 had 4 beast points and 100 real points for a total of 104

Mk3 Makeda 3 has 24 beast points and 75 real points for a total of 99

She actually lost 5 points total (2.5 mk2 points)
>>
>>47944100
That's fucking retarded because you could use any caster in that exact same situation and they'd lose points.

Mk2 Morghoul1 had 14 beast points and 100 real points for a total of 114

Mk3 Morghoul1 has 30 beast points and 75 real points for a total of 105

He actually lost 9 points total.

See?
>>
>>47944150
Actually I do tell a lie, Naaresh would gain 1 point using this stupid method of calculation. But he lost Mk2 Iron Flesh so no one cares.
>>
File: mk3 testament.jpg (311 KB, 800x1426) Image search: [Google]
mk3 testament.jpg
311 KB, 800x1426
Daily reminder that ToM has since a massive net buff
>>
>>47944163
No actually not even that works, he goes from 112 to 107.

God damn just how stupid WAS your shit?
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 617x603) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 617x603
>>47944163
>>47944150
>>47944177

>makeda3 gained so many beast points, she's OP

>she didn't gain any points and in fact went down in total points

>wtf you're fucking stupid
>>
>>47944197
Every caster in the game "lost" points. The question is how much did they lose. Only losing 5 is practically a nerf. Oh and by the way points weren't doubled, they were ALMOST doubled. This is why a lot of models came down in cost slightly after doubling. Which means that a caster losing 5 of your real points means they can probably field more models than in Mk2, which I suspect is the reason Naaresh and Makeda3 only "lost" 5; they were kinda shit in Mk2.
>>
>>47944242
>Only losing 5 is practically a nerf
practically a buff
>>
File: image.png (166 KB, 990x714) Image search: [Google]
image.png
166 KB, 990x714
>>47944242

so no, she isn't OP because she gained beast points
>>
>>47944320
Aight. She still seems pretty good though since we can now include a slight buff to army size when considering her. And wasn't she fury 5 in Mk2?
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 640x426
>>47944150
>>47943312

>skorne warbeasts are shit, the faction is a disaster

>but Makeda got incredibly buffed because she has to spend 24.24% of her army points on shit beasts now

Skorne players
>>
>>47944360
No, its means she pays less for those shitty beasts that she has to take.
>>
How's Infinity stack up against WM/H?

Nobody plays it in my local meta so I can't ask around.
>>
Cryx Army - 75 / 75 (+28) points

(Goreshade 2) Goreshade the Cursed [+28]
- Inflictor [13]
- Ripjaw [7]
- Ripjaw [7]
Bane Knights (max) [17]
Bane Knights (max) [17]
Bane Knights (max) [17]
Bane Lord Tartarus [8]
Darragh Wrathe [9]
Scrap Thrall [2]
Scrap Thrall [2]
Scrap Thrall [2]
Soul Trapper [1]

Mirage plus Death Ride gives Bane Knights 13" of threat, the same as triggering Vengeance. So Vengeance gives a total of 16" for one unit while another can be Stealthed.

Tactician plus Mirage and Vengeance moves can allow the waves of Knights to shuffle around. The feat can be used to replenish losses on the Knights either before or after charging. And, with so many models, it should be pretty easy to get whole units back to where you need them to be.

The Inflictor can Shield Guard and try to body block to ensure some Knights survive from massed shooting. The Ripjaws can arc Curse of Shadows and maybe Abyssal Gate if you really need it.

Darragh is pretty much solely for the extra inch. Tartarus hands out the +2 to hit to help the Knights become more generalist against higher defense infantry. The two combined can let Tartarus threaten Curse from up to 15" away from where he started.

Did I do it, guys? Did I Cryx?
>>
>>47944643

Completely and utterly different. They're both competitive games but have entirely different skill sets associated with the game.

I play both but they're hard to compare beyond requiring models, a table and paint
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 500x385
>>47944621

>paying 24 points for warbeasts instead of the cost of one warbeast -2
>this is a good thing
>>
>>47944643
I watched some people play a game and it seemed like it was all about setting up firing lanes with overwatching. totally boring to me but the players seemed to enjoy it.
>>
>>47944674
30 Bane Knights is gonna be the Cryx standard for all casters except the three jack casters.
>>
>>47944737

That's true in the same way that Warmahordes is just two armies turning into a gigantic ball brawl in the middle of the table

Vaguely true but not particularly accurate
>>
>>47944737
If you enjoy tacticool and call of duty cover hugging then yeah it's enjoyable.

Games are also always more fun played rather than watched.
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 500x500
>vengeance is on damage now
>steelhead cavalry went up in arm and FA and down in cost
>major gibbs can heal all of them to full
>have the same health as most medium infantry with better def and ARM 20 on feat turn

>Damiano miserable horse mountain meme magic is real
>>
>>47944801
Steelhead cav lost a lot of threat. They can't really pull their weight anymore
>>
>>47944783
>Games are also always more fun played rather than watched
>twitch.tv
>>
>>47944863
I'm having trouble defining what weight a model needs to pullhl. Have any units kept their murdermachine potential?

Ive been playing Beast spam in Legion for so long I forgot what our infantry can do. They seem fine, but everyone bitches about being unable to deliver them?
>>
>>47944801
I love Horse Mountain

Vyros 2
- Sylys
- Moros
- Banshee

Arcanist
Arcanist
Nayl
Dawnguard Destor Thane
Dawnguard Destor Thane
Dawnguard Sentinel Scyir
Dawnguard Sentinel Scyir

Full Dawnguard Destors
Full Dawnguard Destors
>>
>>47945054
Terrible. Destor Thanes are bad. Nayl is bad. No Issyen. Small battlegroup barely enough to build synergy.
>>
>>47944863

Losing backswing isnt too terribly big of a deal for a few reasons:

Mount attacks are just straight up initial attacks now and benefit from flank. It's one less pow and 0.5" but with premeasuring in you shouldn't have too much trouble getting an 11" charge to land where you want it to. It doesn't benefit from feat so it's still a fair sized net loss, but it mitigates the total loss.

their real winning blow is the pow 16 + 4d6 charge attack. Against a high arm/buffed heavy the pow 14 +3d6 didn't contribute as much. They will still wreck ARM 18 heavies and their charge attack will still put respectable damage on high ARM targets where the backswing hit would just bounce off.

The loss of 1" of reach sucks but with premeasuring should help with that

Their diamond in the rough is their +1 Mat and the new cavalry charge rules. Flank + charge makes them roll Mat 8 +3d6 to hit, death march (which is quite good on them now) will put that at Mat 10+3d6.
This gives even a single cavalry and one halberdier a legitimate assassination threat with the new focus rules as that one hit can absolutely annihilate many high def low ARM casters even with def buffs

So yeah I like them still, I'm actually just excited to be able to use two units outside of Damianos tier list
>>
>>47945054

Electric horse mountain

War Room Army

Cygnar - New Army

Theme: No Theme Selected
74 / 75 Army

Lord General Coleman Stryker - WJ: +28
- Squire - PC: 5
- Ol’ Rowdy - PC: 0
- Ironclad - PC: 2

Major Katherine Laddermore - PC: 8
Major Harrison Gibbs - PC: 4

Storm Lances - Leader & 4 Grunts: 20
Storm Lances - Leader & 4 Grunts: 20
Arcane Tempest Gun Mages - Leader & 5 Grunts: 11
- Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer - PC: 4

---

GENERATED : 06/24/2016 15:04:57
BUILD ID : 2011.16-06-04
>>
I am fairly certain this will stand not much of a chance but fuck me, I am going to try. Fun part is I don't even need to proxy any models.

74 / 75 Army

Captain Kara Sloan - WJ: +28
- Squire - PC: 5
- Cyclone - PC: 0
- Hunter - PC: 0
- Hunter - PC: 7
- Hunter - PC: 11

Rangers - Leader & 5 Grunts: 9
Rangers - Leader & 5 Grunts: 9
>>
>>47945271
>74
RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Lucant1_75 Galvanizers.png (196 KB, 421x831) Image search: [Google]
Lucant1_75 Galvanizers.png
196 KB, 421x831
>Good luck, I'm behind 9 shield guards

Jokes aside, I think I'm on board with the Galvanizers replacing a unit of Recips.
>>
File: 1461886118787.jpg (134 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1461886118787.jpg
134 KB, 600x900
>>47940809

Its been recognized by privateer press that FURY stat is a better stat than FOCUS. Thus, all thing driven by FURY has been toned down, its that simple.

I have a friend who is like you, or, should I say "was" like you. He refused to see the brilliance of FURY, and regularly played beasts in his lists. Using the animus as added spells to his army, able to punch through just about anything he chose to target, and at will boost/additional attack thanks to the stat.
He couldn't for a second buy that FOCUS simply was shit in comparison to the FURY stat, and didn't even understand why the Warmachine players used 1-2 Jacks at the most during games.
Now that PP has, on black and white, explained the situation (in the first insider no less), that FURY is better than FOCUS, that its been a way to safe stat to use, that beasts are to multi dimensional, and so forth, he is fucking devastated.
Imagine his face when all we said was "told you so"....

But I agree, the Colossal is way better than the Gargantuan. But the FURY stat is still better. The mammoth can, at will, boost/ad attacks/cast animus. The Colossal cannot. You will not only have to "plan ahead" with your caster, but also use the casters FOCUS as a battery to fuel the beast up to a maximum of 3...
So yes, it is better, because it is driven by an inferior stat, FOCUS.
>>
Skorne Army - 61 / 75 (+26) points

(Zaal 1) Supreme Aptimus Zaal [+26]
- Kovaas
- Titan Sentry [15]
- Titan Gladiator [14]
Immortals (max) [15]
- Extoller Advocate [4]
Praetorian Karax (max) [11]
Tyrant Commander & Standard Bearer [6]
Ancestral Guardian [5]
Ancestral Guardian [5]
Hakaar the Destroyer [7]

What's this list need? More infantry killing? More infantry for souls/feat? More beasts? An Agonizer? Get some Bloodrunners or Brutes in there?
>>
>>47945893
Every list needs an Agonizer honestly.
>>
Reminder that any warlock with below 7 fury had better have a good fucking reason for it since a high fury warlock has inherently better fury management since he can reave back more.
>>
>>47944952
Stop watching league of legends
>>
Anyone play the Iron Kingdoms RPG?

Is it any good?
>>
>>47945102
You keep on saying premeasuring as if that is good for a unit with less threat. It's worse. The demand for flank ties them down and the lower threat range is salt on the wound.
>>
>>47945264
explain to me how that Ironclad is not a Stormclad? who needs gibbs when you can reach.electorleap, arm 20?
>>
>>47946423

Because it's still a 12" threat range which is greater than or equal to most things you want to be hitting with cavalry anyway. Going from 13" to 12" is the least of their nerfs, and it's even less relevant when they can't even backswing anyway.

>>47946429

Gibbs is there for his big ass AOE heal.
>>
>>47946423

>less threat

Than what? You expecting to be charging your cavalry at other cavalry or something? Spd 8 1" reach is plenty to take out spd5/6 heavies
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.