[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Pauper General - Home of the 10 Dollar Decks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Peregrine Drake.png (145 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
Peregrine Drake.png
145 KB, 265x370
Talk commons to each other, be polite, speculate on whatever comes to mind, etc.

>MTGO Pauper Guide
https://www.cardhoarder.com/mtgo-beginner-guide

>What are some top tier decks I can get on MTGO/Paper?
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/pauper

>BUT I WANT TO SEE ALL VIABLE DECKS!
http://tappedout.net/users/fruuty/deck-folders/

>Which rules should I follow?
If you don't already have some homebrew version with friends, follow the MTGO card pool and banlist (and please spread this to your friends that start playing with you). Currently the only place Pauper is officially supported by Wizards is online, and they have a card pool and banlist, therefore that is the format we should be using offline on paper as well, since decks and cards can transfer to games between each other with no confusion.

>WAHHH THATS TOO HARD WHERE...
http://www.mtg-hunter.com
The bottom left has a box, select MTGO Pauper, all cards in the card pool and banlist are taken into account.

>What deck should I use?
Ask in the thread!

>Is MTGO worth it?
If you have no local paper competition, but want to play a vast amount of Pauper, it can't be beat, even if it is a clunky GUI, you learn quickly.

Some good decks for newbies include but are not limited to:
>Burn
>Elves
>Goblins
>Stompy
>Slivers
>Affinity
>Mono U control
>UB Teachings
>>
File: Gond Fishing.png (1 MB, 1406x632) Image search: [Google]
Gond Fishing.png
1 MB, 1406x632
>What are you playing?

>What are you brewing?

>Hopes for the next set?

>Do you play locally, online, or both?

>Any interesting cards you like to run?
>>
lmao ded format
>>
>>47923427
Playing Tortured Existence. I am hoping for some new Black Madness cards to play with.
Play at an LGS on the outskirts of town.
>>
>>47923427

>What are you playing?
Esper familiars with peregrine drake standing in for cloud of faeries. Its been fun so far.

>What are you brewing?
N/A

>Hopes for the next set?
Some cheap discard outlets for madness/threshold.

Online.

Running a singleton font of fortunes for card draw if the game goes long.
>>
Peregrine Drake ban when? Also fuck Elves.
>>
So, I'm getting into MtG, and got MTGO. I know the basic rules and watched videos on deck building etc.

Is it just me, or is the starting collection too broad to make any decent decks? I've looked through most subtypes (only finding eldrazi and ally to have a decent amount). I don't know how to sort properly to find a good idea for a deck.

Also, is there a reason eldrazi is so prominent compared to any other cardtype/lore etc (in the starting collection)? It doesn't look very fun. For now, I'm trying to make a decent RW ally deck. Any ideas on what to do?
>>
>>47926499
The starter collection is just a collection of bulk from the most recent sets, the amount is large just to trick new players into dicking around with dekbuilding even though it's not meant to be a basis for anything viable/competitive, although there are a few staples like Dispel and filter lands/evolving wilds in there.

Best way to get into the game is to stop buying sealed product asap (excluding drafts), get into a format (you're posting in the pauper thread, good one to start due to low cost) and an archetype/deck that fancies you (check mtggoldfish) and buy the deck as singles from a third party. From there you pick up the meta, matchups and correct plays as you practise.

Tribals (with some exceptions) are a trap, if you're interested in synergistic creature decks check out Rebels, Goblins/Red Deck Wins or Elves.
>>
>>47923427
>What are you playing?
Mono Black Control

>What are you brewing?
Tempted to try to work Psychotic Fury into Izzet Blitz, but it probably doesn't need it.

Also tempted to try old Stompy with Rogue Elephants and Harvest Wurm

>Hopes for the next set?

Just Online

I have a singleton Orzhov Euthenist, two Ashes to Ashes, Hymn to Tourach, I'd like one or two Okiba-Gang Shinobi, or to test out Sinkholes. Sinkholes might be worth sideboarding instead of Choking Sands.
>>
>>47927643
Wait, I meant Locally.
>>
>>47924884
Do you have a list for Drake Familiars?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.