[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/5eg/ - Cute Girls Playing Cute Heroes Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: 1459228321646.gif (413 KB, 499x477) Image search: [Google]
1459228321646.gif
413 KB, 499x477
>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v3:
https://mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

>Pastebin with homebrew list, resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>June 2016 Survey
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/june-2016-dd-survey

Old thread:>>47904829

Not including homebrew, what is your favorite setting?
>>
>>47921631
>Not including homebrew, what is your favorite setting?
Points of Light.
>>
>>47921631

Eberron always been my fav for going past the medieval stasis Tolkien D&D style. Honestly its "Anything but Forgotten Realms" though
>>
>>47921631
Spelljammer. Always Spelljammer.
>>
Reposting from the old thread:

Can someone explain some of the possible strange card readings in CoS?

Some of the potential allies are really powerful and knowledgeable, but others like Stella Wachter are just useless in all ways possible. What could a commoner without power or great knowledge of Barovia/Strahd do to help the party? You would just invite them to their death.

Will characters who are not chosen by the card reading still join the party? The book says Ezmerelda D'Avenir for example will join the party if they tell her about their goal of defeating Strahd. But what then is difference of her card being drawn or another card?

Also what is the party supposed to do when their ally only joins them after they found all of the items from the card readings, when one or more of these items is in Ravenloft?
>>
I like CoS a lot. I played a warlock who's patron was Strahd. It led to a complicated relationship with the party.
>>
>>47921864
Tell me more about it. I'm running CoS soon and one of the PCs is also a Warlock with Strahd as his patron, and I'm still unsure where to take this.
>>
>>47921675

>>Spelljammer content when?
>>They havent even done Greyhawk yet
>>"Whats that you want to eat more of Ed Greenwoods steaming piles of Realms?"
>>FFFUUUUUUCCCC....
>>
Running PotA and a monk found claws of the umber hulk "you can use the claw as a melee weapon while wearing it and it deals 1d8 slashing damage on hit" can the monk use these or nah?
>>
>>47922017

It probably wouldnt mess up the game at all and 1D8 isnt that high compared to the damage he will get eventually
>>
>>47922017
I would allow it. But keep in mind that the attacks of flurry of blows are always unarmed attacks.
>>
>>47922017
personally, anything fist related is fine in my book, but that was old editions.
really it depends on their level though. obviously you're not giving this to a level 1 character, but it does make their damage comparable to a 11th level monk, but even if they're level 5, thats not a huge upgrade, and it wouldn't apply to their flurry attacks
>>
File: photo (4).jpg (348 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
photo (4).jpg
348 KB, 1600x1200
>>47921631
What race/classes are they playing?
>>
>>47922259
>comic sans
REEEEEEE
>>
File: 1465005707784.jpg (216 KB, 740x1024) Image search: [Google]
1465005707784.jpg
216 KB, 740x1024
>>47922259
>D20 of DOOOOOOM
>>
How do you guys feel about Warforged? I've been thinking about playing a barbarian who wants to be a real boy.
>>
>>47922705
As I recall, the only one put out was an early draft in UA that was, quite frankly, fairly disappointing. Has something better come out since then?
>>
>>47922705
Generally I dislike them... but generally people come to me wanting to play mega death killing machine robots. Yours sounds considerably less blatant android-power-fantasy so I'd probably give it a chance.
>>
>>47922816
I want to have him not have an actual head or face and while the party sleeps he sculpts or paints one onto himself and inevitably goes into a rage if it gets damaged in battle.
>>
Are warforged considered humanoids?
>>
yo. How does this sound for a capstone ability?

One With Shadows
At 20th level, the shadowcasters connection to the shadowfell or plane of shadow alters their physical form into a denizen of the shadows. You gain the following features:
Damage resistances: You gain resistance to necrotic damage.
Shadow Walk: You gain advantage on a Dexterity (stealth) checks if you move no more than half your speed on the same turn
Sunlight Sensitivity: While in sunlight, the shadowcaster has disadvantage on attack rolls, as well as on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight.
Life's Twilight: When a humanoid would be reduced to 0 hit points by the cantrip Arrow of Dusk, it dies, and an undead shadow rises from its corpse and acts immediately after the shadowcaster in the initiative count. The shadow is under the shadowcaster's control.
>>
>>47923397
Well considering most capstones are fucking shit, it seems to fit in.
>>
>>47923397
You are giving someone disadvantage on attack rolls while in sunlight for their capstone ability? I'd probably rather not have that ability at all.
>>
>>47923397
How long does the shadow last, and how many can you control?
>>
>>47922878
That's adorable
>>
>>47923735
permanent.

>>47923734
its a shadowcaster, they can cast darkness whenever they want and can see through it.

>>47923564
lol'd, awesome.
>>
>>47923735
oh, and as many as you can get. can get ridiculous but whatever, that's the DMs problem.
>>
>>47923819
The phrase, "Whatever, that's the DM's problem." Is potentially indicative of balance issues.
>>
>>47923838
alright, so i set a restriction of 1 shadow? Sounds better? Idk, Shadows are CR 1/2 creatures.. but the potential of creating more shadows does seem like it can get a bit overpowered. Thoughts?

I mean, its not as bad as a necromancer using all spell slots for animate dead. THAT can get ridiculous.
>>
>>47923865
>>47923397
The real problem is that it's not only shit, but gives you a negative

Necrotic damage is rare, who fucking cares about stealth at lvl 20 with Invisibility, thanks for the fuck you have disadvantage for 90% of the adventuring day, and either the player never uses it or they go and slaughter a couple of villages and ruins your game with 20000 shadows
>>
>>47923397
Which class is this even for? There is already a shadow sorcerer from UA
>>
>>47923903
Thanks for the feedback. So to improve on it, I remove the negative, set a restriction on the shadow spawning ability, aaaand... what else can I do?

Nobody cares about stealth at lvl 20, youre right, necrotic damage is rare, again youre right, but both were thematically appropriate.

Also I got it off the template for the shitty shadow dragon. Explains things, eh?
>>
>>47923941
https://docs.google.com/document/d/17kLv0WSaM9Stq5jw6vFw4YvwkCWNm3d3WmeEXKTQw3s/edit?usp=sharing

trying to make a port of the 3.5 shadowcaster into 5e. Copied the warlocks spell progression because it was the most similar to the 3.5 shadowcasters spell uses and changed the prestige classes into archetypes.

I still need to type out invocations and the spell list.
>>
>>47923943
Just post the whole class. A monster template =/= a class feature/archetype

Note how the shadow dragons get to Hide as a bonus action, get resistance to everything except force or radiant in shadows, and on top of that is a DRAGON
>>47923978
I think the simplest thing to do would be to make it a warlock archetype. And to remember the shadow sorc UA is there as well
>>
>>47924019
See >>47923978

Ah yeah, I hadnt actually read the bonus action hide on shadowdragons, only copied the template itself. Fair points.
>>
>>47921677
It's hard mode, with weird card readings. In my Strahd game, I'm considering having the ally(zuleika) and Ezmerala fall in combat.
>>
>>47924136
why don't you just write a book then you fucking faggot
>>
>DMing last night for some friends
>Friend brings along another guy who turns out to be that guy
Later that night
>You all go to the nearest tavern in the evening to rest from your long travels
>"Hey anon, are there any prostitutes around?"
>...what?
>"Preferably one with huge tits. As big as my face."
>Um...after asking around you find that there are three women in a corner of the tavern who are prostitutes. And one of them has obnoxiously large boobs
>"I want that one!"
>You motion to her and she meekly follows you upstairs to a room
>She quietly asks you to get undressed
>You turn your back to her while you strip
>I need you to make a constitution saving throw
>"What?" *fails*
>You feel the poison seep through your body, freezing your muscles in place as your eyes get heavy and everything goes black
>You wake up an hour later naked, gagged, and tied spread eagle to the bed
>The woman reveals herself to be a priestess of Sarenrae
>She spends all night telling you about the good news of Sarenrae
>In the morning she takes the money you would have paid her and tells you that Sarenrae thanks him
>She leaves the room with you still tied up

Did I go too far?
>>
File: Character creation list.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Character creation list.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
>>47924206
Why not just fade to black?
Don't get me wrong, it's kinda funny, but why not just give the guy his imaginary roll in the hay with his imaginary Larkin Love?
>>
>>47924351
>Larkin Love

Nice.

>>47924019
I figured the archetypes would make the class more distinct from the warlock, filling a niche that neither the warlock nor the sorcerer fill: Sneaky caster.
>>
>>47924395
If a caster wants to be sneaky he casts Invisibility
>>
>>47924395
A sneaky caster is just a caster that is sneaky, that means pump dex and get stealth proficiency, and if you're a bard expertise

Then cast invisibility, like >>47924413 said

Just make a shadow patron for the warlock and let the rest sort itself out
>>
>>47924395
Sneaky caster feels like something that could be a subclass of any caster. The sorcerer and warlock fit best, but its still closer to subclass material.
>>
>>47924491
Id rather not be an eldritch blast spammer.

Dont get me wrong, I understand where youre coming from, you are not wrong at all in your observations. I don't believe the warlock or sorcerer really capture the essence of the shadowcaster, though. I made a compromise with the warlocks spell progression as it is, mainly due to the 3.5 shadowcaster's progression being a fucking horrid excuse of a spellcasting ability. Unfortunately, supernatural and spell like abilities dont translate well into 5th edition, the closest is removing verbal and somatic components from spells, which is something that this class does innately, without having to spend sorcery points.
>>
>>47924616
You could just give "pact of the shadow" a feature at level 1 that turns EB into that shadow arrow thing

I'm sorry but I really can't justify a brand new class just because the warlock isn't edgy enough, because literally all you're doing can be done with a subclass
>>
>>47924824
What would be sufficient to make it worthy of its own class, then? This is the kind of feedback I'm looking for.

That shadow arrow thing is there to give the class something to fall back on, similar to eldritch blast but not actually worthwhile; the archetype abilities grant better action usage than casting that cantrip in particular, though certain mysteries can improve it to EB levels.

The Noctumancer archetype in particular is VERY different from anything available in the players handbook, and the other archetypes also grant different abilities instead of eldritch blast spam in exchange for the class' action. Would it be better to make those archetypes different pacts for the warlock as well, while losing the core of the class?
>>
>>47921654
My brother!
>>
>>47921631
Eberron. Every other game at the store I run my games in uses FR or a similar medieval fantasy setting, so I have fun breaking people's expectations with magical tech like light switches, elevators, etc.

I want to get into Dark Sun and I patiently await 5e material for it. I just got the 4e campaign setting book for it really cheap so I can study the setting more closely.
>>
>>47918551
>>47918581
>>47918716
>>47918725
Arcane Trickster would have to spend an action to cast Mage Hand first and then take an extra bonus action to carry the healer's kit to the patient. Then finally they could spend a bonus action to use the kit.

Oh and if they were already using the Mage Hand, they would have to spend another bonus action to move the hand back to get the kit.

Meanwhile a Thief does nothing different then what they would do every other combat, and they are only out a single bonus action, and maybe a move, to do a spontaneous emergency heal.

So while Arcane Tricksters can TECHNICALLY use a bonus action to heal just like a Thief, they really really can't. Because it would take fewer actions to just walk over and use the kit normally.
>>
>>47925225
Don't fall for that bait post.
>>
>>47925225
It's bait, the topic has been done to death, just let it go
>>
File: Warcraft 5e.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Warcraft 5e.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Hey guys I slapped together a Warcraft race guide. Most of the text is from the 3.5 World of Warcraft RPG book so it's all pre-BC information, I changed to I changed the High Elf entry into Blood Elf information but they're so easily switched I don't think it's too big of a deal. Some of the Racial Traits are just lifted from the 5e book with one or two extra's thrown in, others I came up with myself that felt sort of right and the goblin traits were taken from the 5e wiki Gremlin subrace.

I still need to include Worgens and Pandaren just for completions sake. Also some racial traits need to be edited or refined and spelling mistakes need to be fixed.

Someone last thread mentioned that the Forsaken racial traits seemed a bit underpowered so I upped the HD to 2 on canabalism, but I'm not sure if that's enough and maybe I should add another trait. I'm just drawing a blank on what that could be though

I'd appreciate it if you guys could take a look and tell me what's terrible, overpowered, or underpowered.
>>
Out of the classes you have played, what class is your favorite? Which was your least favorite? If none of them were better than others, what completely original class would you want to play?
>>
>>47925499
>Favorite
Going to have to say Fighter. It's bland but it was the only character to survive the entirety of the Starter Set whereas any spellcaster died like a little bitch.
>Least
Going to have to say Ranger, mostly because I went in with the idea of being Aragorn but every little thing required set up and he lagged behind everyone in pretty much everything.
>>
>>47925460
No Draenei?
>>
>>47924351
He had been annoying me all night doing randumb things
>>
File: 1b5.jpg (35 KB, 293x636) Image search: [Google]
1b5.jpg
35 KB, 293x636
>>47925460
>Human Spirit
I guess it's not too much to buff nonvariant humans.
>Stoneform (Dwarves)
What? Why? They don't need to be buffed. Also, the terminology is wrong, an 'encounter' is not a valid duration in 5e.
>Escape Artist (Gnome)
Once again, unsure why you're buffing them. That ability is also very strong, even if only situationally.
>Nature Resistance (Night Elves)
Okay, I get it you're making a point to add an extra trait to everyone. Just make sure it's balanced between each of them. Personally, I think it's unnecessary and you should replace features instead, but whatever. I don't see how lightning is particularly...nature-ish since from my experience most things that deal lightning damage are arcane magic, but whatever.
>Orc Weapon Speciallizazion (sic)
Oh look, what I just mentioned became relevant. Why do some races get very good bonuses, and some that are nearly useless? Dwarven Armor helps out dwarves who are squishy classes like Warlock or Wizard. Elven Weapons help those with only simple weapon proficiency like many casters or rogues. This doesn't really help anything.
>Tauren
First, why do they get +2/+2? Be careful doling this out, only two PHB races get a total of +4 racials (discounting Variant Human since that +6 isn't that valuable in practice)
Horn weapons aren't OP, but take a look at the Minotaur in the Waterborne UA for better wording.
War Stomp needs rephrasing. It doesn't specify what sort of action it takes, and consider a Dexterity save to avoid tripping as opposed to Constitution, which implies they're just standing there like a tree.
Also the whole thing seems contrived. Once per day, they can magically stomp? And nobody else can?
>Troll
Again with the choosing ASI for a single race, don't go overboard with that.
Scrap Berserking. Needs clear wording, and remember that an encounter is not a valid duration for an ability.
Continuing on another post.
>>
>>47925660

not commenting on the balance but if you haven't played WoW Stone Form, Escape Artist, and Nature Resistance are racial bonuses for Dwarves, Gnomes, and Nelves respectively. Lightning damage is included in nature resistance because Lightning attacks deal "nature" damage in WoW.

Personally I think instead of copying everything one to one it'd be better to just work similar benefits that work with 5e's rules instead of forcing WoW rules into 5e.
>>
Are there any spells from 3.5 and/or 4e that you'd like to see in 5th?

Isaac's Missile Storm
>>
>>47925460
Not bad, just a few things that jumped at me like "HD", the blood elves being OP (2 cantrips, one of which can be eldritch blast for free??), and the night elves being resistant to lightning
>>
>>47925721
Can we get spells from earlier editions instead? I'd like to see Burning Sands and Summon Bee make a return.
>>
So, I'm trying to work on my homebrewing skills and, so far, I've got a bunch of races and some new Arcane Traditions for the wizard. I could really use some feedback on them all, but I'm particularly worried about the class efforts.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XovWm65MSmIzQWSMDMXo0_aIpZgq9YSa2KkpO3kThS4/edit#

Any comments appreciated.
>>
>>47925660
Regeneration needs a rewrite as well. The first bit is incomprehensible. Do you have 2 additional hit dice? Do you regain 2 additional hit points per die spent during a short rest? Or do you regain 2 additional spent hit dice on a long rest?
The second part of that ability is fine as a ribbon, but needs to be reworded clearly.
Rephrase Troll Weapon Training and list out the weapons, or say "weapons with the thrown property"
>Forsaken
Canabalism (sic) is very vague, again. Do you mean spend two hit dice, or regain hip points as if you had spent two hit dice?
Will of the Forsaken needs rewording. See Fey Ancestry. Something like "Advantage on saving throws against being charmed or frightened, and immune to magical sleep."
State of Undeath needs rewording, see elves' Trance and the Living Construct ability in the Eberron UA for better wording.
>Blood Elf
Not broken, but a bit oversaturated. Just nip out the 4th language (You have it as one of choice from the trait, and then common, thalassian, and orcish under Languages) and limit the free cantrip to only one spell list.
>Goblin
Nimble Escape is clunky. Consider changing it, but be wary of making it stronger without nerfing something else. You might make it disengage as a bonus action, for instance.
Silver Tongue seems like it could be unfitting. Others are suspicious of the little buggers, so why are they all good at convincing them of things?
Tinkery things don't seem to be good for combat, which is a good thing. It's an alright ribbon for contrasting with the gnomes. Full approval on that, besides maybe clarifying the sentence structure some.
Almost Fire Proof is stuck inside the Blast Orb block of text. Also, there's a copy of Nimble Escape stuck inside the Speed text.
>>
How strong are PCs in comparison with 3.5/Pathfinder?
>>
my players are about 1-2 sessions from completing LMoP. They saved Gundren and were promised the 10% stake in the mine after they clear it out and end the whole black spider mess.

my question is, how much should that 10% be? I'll try to convince them to roll it into the manor and live there with he money for their next adventures, but they left the nothic and arent too keen on returning or dealing with him.
>>
>>47925460
Here, this is a better blood elf
Ability scores:
Charisma increased by 2, strength decreased by 1
Prissy: you have disadvantage on intimidation checks
You don't belong here: you have disadvantage in all persuasion checks with members of the horde except forsaken
There are too fucking many of you: when you drop to 0 hit points you do not get saving throws, but instantly die instead, an exact copy of you will show up with a slightly changed name and another faggy hair color next short rest anyway
Magic whore: you must give a fey or fiend creature a blowjob (you must swallow) once per long rest or else you die
>>
>>47925721
Maw of Chaos
>>
>>47924206
>not letting him fuck the huge titty girl

It's what drunken men in those times did, wow it's like you hate fun and roleplay.
>>
>>47925916
I feel like they're about the same. Only that a lot of the high-powered spells have been cut or modified. There are barely any save-or-suck/die spells left.
>>
>>47925659
Some players are like that, you should have just let him fuck medieval Siri

The sad realization that he'll never be able to pull tail of that quality and has to pay to get some even in a pretend game should be enough punishment
>>
>>47925791
Mul shouldn't have both ignoring a level of exhaustion AND two exhaustion levels lost when resting, just stick with ignores first exhaustion. I don't know why they are known for their fortitude but only get +1 Con and +2 strength, switch those. Also I'm not sure about both advantage on saves and resistance, pick just resistance.

Thri-Kreen: No no no no advantage on stealth checks, that is beyond overpowered. If you want them to be stealthy just give them the stealth skill. The rest are fine I guess.

Catfolk: I assume low light vision is a typo for dark vision, and no no no advantage on all Dex saves. If you want to make that the only thing they have give them proficiency in Dex saves that is powerful enough. And it balances itself out cause classes that use Dex tend to have Dex Saves anyways, so it's kind of redundant unless in special cases

Gnoll: Again just resistance is fine, I don't know how swapping a bite for unarmed would work, but that's fine I guess. For damage get rid of the extra attack just give the movement that's more than enough.

Shade-Kai: get rid of the extra stuff after the teleport and we are good, you can double the range and make it long rest too, there is a race or elves that already have misty step bonus action. You can make it a short rest but make it like the shadow step where they need to be in the dark, and moving to dark.

Android cause not reading through all those sub races: this is pretty much a better warforged, which is fine cause I think the war forge is just a tad underpowered, get rid of the nanite selection thing though they are fine without either of those.

Lamia: The grappling restriction based on size is not actually a rule, so swap that for something. I'm not sure why you are giving a half lion thin grappling. If you are referring to the half snake lady that is called a Marilith and good luck balancing that into a character. Overall I think you should focus on making something underpowered and givingit a bump.
>>
>>47926153
>medieval Siri
my nigga

>>47924912
Bumpin' for feedback

ALSO. How good is the beastmaster archetype?

ALSO ALSO. How is this for a shadow elemental?

Large Shadow Elemental
Armor Class 15
Hit Points: 12d10+24
Speed: Fly 50 ft. (hover)
STR10
DEX20
CON14
INT6
WIS10
CHA10
Damage Vulnerabilities: Radiant
Damage Resistances: cold, necrotic,
physical from nonmagical weapons
Damage Immunities: poison
Condition Immunities: exhaustion, grappled,
paralyzed,petrified, poisoned, prone,
restrained, unconscious
Senses: blindsight 60 ft.
Languages: primordial
Incorporeal Movement: The elemental can move through other creatures and objects as if they were difficult terrain.
Actions.
Multiattack: Elemental makes 2 slam attacks
Slam: Melee +9, 1d8+5 slashing + 1d8 cold
Shadow Mastery: while elemental and its
target are in area of dim light or darkness,
it has advantage on attack rolls. If elemental is in bright light, it has disadvantage on attack rolls.
Dusk and Dawn: As action, elemental can reduce light level in 30 ft. radius down to dim light
>>
>>47925997
See >>47925659
>>
>>47926266
I'll take a look at it once I get home in a couple hours. In the meantime, what is the shadowcaster supposed to do? What are you trying to accomplish with it? How did it use to work?
>>
>>47921864
I know that feel. My warlock in OotA is now openly giving praise to Baphomet thanks to a mixture of different madness's. I think if this wasn't an AL sanctioned game the party would have seriously considered offing me by now. Or at the very least the paladin would have and the rest of the party would just sorta let it happen. Thankfully my character is best friends with the cleric so now if I die I can be brought back to life.
>>
>>47922259
>Human warlock in OotA
>Goliath fighter in a separate OotA
>Half-elf Sorcerer in a now concluded LMoP and is now sorta just jumping between random adventures.

Considering making a halfing bard or tiefling druid next.
>>
>>47926376
>MFW I realise I misread "they" as "you".

I feel like a dunce now.
>>
>>47925721

Caiphon's Abominable Melody.
>>
>>47926221
Mul - Because the "incredible stamina" aspect is being covered by their racial features.

Thri-Kreen - Chameleon Carapace is literally lifted from their Monster Manual entry.

Gnoll - Again, Rampage is lifted from their Monster Manual entry.

Shadar-Kai - Shadowform is based on their 4e racial power, and the idea is that they can turn into shadows rather than stepping between shadows.

Lamia - Actually, I'm referring to the half-snake half-woman which is how Lamias are depicted in most media that isn't D&D. D&D is the only setting to use that name for a half-lioness. It specifically refers to a watered down version of the Lamia Noble from Pathfinder, called the Lamia Commoner, that appeared in Kobold Quarterly.

>>47925791
So, anyone else have any comments on this material? I'm grateful for the feedback, and I really need all the help I can get.

Also... can anyone give me a hand with naming a race? I want to come up with a word that could believably translate as "Eater(s) of Vile Things" to rename the Cannibal Calibans; anyone got any suggestions?
>>
>>47925660
>>47925803
Thanks for the input I'm making corrections and rewording some stuff right now.

For the Troll regeneration I meant for the ability to act as the charcter has 2 additional hit dice in their pool to spend during a short rest.

This doesn't raise their maximum hp just gives them the ability to heal more than a normal character would.

For the goblins although other races are suspicious of them they're still incredibly gifted merchants and negotiators. They can pretty much cut a deal with anyone/thing.

With War Stomp I didn't want it to be something that could be used multiple times a day. Originally it was going to stun creatures but that seemed way to overpowered even once a day.
>>47925626
Still need to add them and Worgen, I'm thinking the Dranei might just be a reskinned Aasimar
>>
>>47926306
It used to be an edgy as fuck shadow-wizard with a funky spell progression and custom spell list whose spells became spell-like then supernatural abilities usable multiple times per day. The real meat of the class was in its prestige classes, which each did something different. I used archetypes/subclasses to emulate three of those prestige classes:
Master of shadows, basically a beastmaster with a shadow elemental as a pet with full casting progression
Noctumancer, a shadowcaster/theurge anticaster that specialized in hijacking other spells via dispel magic or counterspells
Shadowblade, a sudden strike skirmisher that could buff his weapon and attacks with random shit.
>>
File: 1466312459592.jpg (105 KB, 375x471) Image search: [Google]
1466312459592.jpg
105 KB, 375x471
hi guys

so my friend invited me to his D&D 5e group a while back, and there's a fairly cute girl there, 6/10 I would say, she's kinda curvy but not fat, just a bit thick. She's new to D&D and is playing an elf rogue my friend helped her make. My friend has a girlfriend though, and this girl does not have a boyfriend as far as I can tell (I looked through her Facebook photos and did not see a pic of her with a man besides her brother) so I am thinking of trying to ask her out. I am curious if I could hint at her in-character to see if she responds well to it? The character I made is a human ranger so I think we would go well together, it's not like I played something disgusting like a dwarf that can't mate with elves. So I am thinking... if our characters fuck in the game, she might be more open to fucking in real life? I dunno. I appreciate any advice you may have on this matter, /tg/
>>
>>47926560
just ask her out IRL, dont be THAT GUY by making moves on her character.
>>
>>47926221
Sorry, I forgot to complete my post.

Mul - +2 Strength and +1 Constitution is actually their traditional "positive modifier" from the AD&D Dark Sun (Revised) corebook. Also, removing two levels of exhaustion per rest better reflects the "they need less sleep before they can get back to work" aspect of them. It doesn't really have a lot of effect unless you're playing a Berserker Barbarian, to my knowledge. Also, Muls are half-dwarves and Dwarven Resilience is literally taken right from the Dwarf write-up in the PHB.

Thri-Kreen - I don't really know if that's overpowered or not, but I'm not really sold on keeping Chameleon Carapace anyway. I just want to get some more feedback first since, y'know, it's what the MM gives them.

Catfolk - I based the stats on their Pathfinder racial writeup, so that's why they got Low Light Vision. And if the Dex Save Advantage is too overpowered, then just Proficiency is acceptable to me.

Gnoll - It feels more thematic to me to have Poison Resistance and protection against disease, honestly. And Rampage working as it does in the MM honestly feels fine to me.
>>
>>47926221
>Also I'm not sure about both advantage on saves and resistance, pick just resistance.
Without reading what you're replying to, if this is Poison, that's exactly what the dwarf racial does. Advantage on saves and resistance against damage vs poison.
>>
>>47921675

Never played Spelljammer but the concept sounds fun as hell. I'd love to combine it with Eberron and have a space race campaign.
>>
>>47926649
They're referring to the Dwarven Resilience feature I've given my drafted up 5e Muls, which as I said before I took right from the Dwarf racial write up in the PHB.
>>
>>47926221
Actually reading the rest of your feedback, your feedback is shit.
>>
File: I Am That Is.png (41 KB, 680x447) Image search: [Google]
I Am That Is.png
41 KB, 680x447
>>47926560
>>
>>47922705

They barely get a paragraph in the Eberron UA and they're a bit underwhelming desu, but they're still my favorite race to play as, especially if you like exploring the classic "What measure is a man?" robot tropes, which it sounds like you do.

I recommend reading the Eberron supplements for more Warforged goodness.
>>
>>47923148

They're Living Constructs, so yes. The only things they aren't affected by are things like sleep, suffocation, thirst, etc.
>>
>>47926663
Eberron upsets the cosmic balance of things among other settings...and the Githyanki and the Githzeri of the greater wheel and space both think their origins as it relates to that world are twisted and wrong.

Eberron is a secret, guarded and hidden by Astral Skiffs patrolling the flow and the outer rim of that world's crystal sphere.

Should the ideas of this land break into the wider space it could upset the balance of things. Though the world boasts few great and surpassing magical powers, their methods and culture of industry could change the shape of the known spheres.

Imagine what the Iron Dukes could do should they acquire a Creche Forge and one to operate it? Or the Imperial Elven Navy for that matter?

And beyond that, so heavily mooned a world ripe with industry and those filthy and bestial shifters? Why the Vodyoni Empire would try to invade just to snap up so fascinating a world.

Should that world in the Sphere of Three Dragons become widely known, a balance could tip as we sit upon the cusp of yet another Unhuman War.
>>
How does my wizard PC from Halruaa reestablish the Netherese Empire, /5eg/?
>>
>>47926935
Magic. duh. Unless youre a shitty wizard, if so then

>stronghold
>merchant caravans
+time
>bustling city with a trade empire

but everything is better with magic. so do that.
>>
>>47926935
myth drannor
>>
>>47926436
Just because it's in the monster manual doesn't mean it's balanced for players. Players have many many abilities that make them strong, so they have to start from humble beginnings. I don't know if advantage on stealth checks would keep it balanced. Why would I pick any other class as a rogue and not get advantage on stealth checks.
>>
>>47927010
>magic

Well, yeah. I've never played a wizard before, tho. It's my first time, so I'm a little nervous.
>>
Rolling up a V.Human Monk, planning on him being a Sun Soul. Want to have a bit more options, so I'm taking Magic Initiate. Which Cleric or Druid spells should I take? I was thinking Light, Sacred Flame, and Guiding Bolt. Anyone have better ideas?
>>
>>47927132
I'd suggest against Sacred Flame, since you'll have hadokens to fill in about as well.

Some extra utility rather than blasting wouldn't be amiss. Shield of Faith stays pretty useful, or Healing Word if you want that sort of thing.
>>
>>47926649
Yeah I thought they are meant to be half-dwarf not full dwarf.
>>
>>47927189
And? Half elves still get some full elf racial traits
>>
>>47927132
Light, Sacred Flame and Guiding Bolt are shit you already do
>>
Level 8 Bard (Lore)
>Dex: 20 (+5)
>Stealth expertise (+6)
>Additional Magical Secrets: Pass Without Trace (+10)
>Stealth Bonus: +21

Level 8 Rogue (Arcane Trickster)
>Dex: 20 (+5)
>Stealth expertise (+6)
>Invisibility
>Stealth Bonus: +11

>veil of shadows and silence
>+10 stealth

>literally invisible
>you are allowed to attempt to hide without cover

Why.
>>
If a village of say 300 stone giants were taken over by dwarfs, how many draws could live in the same area with little expansion?

I figure it's OK to turn a 1 giant room into a 3 story dwarf house easy.
As little carving out new areas as possible but a hole in a wall to make a door is OK.
>>
>>47927069
What has myth drannor got to do with Netheril?
>>
>>47927126
OH. Dont sweat it. Remember to be extra creative with your spells and youll be fine. The most powerful magic isnt the thing that deals the most damage or the most battlefield control, its the one that is perfect for the situation. why cast wall of stone when a silent image could do the trick?
>>
>roll stats
>get 15, 14, 13, 12 10, 8
Really?
>>
>>47927478
Okay. "Look beyond the obvious," yeah?

GM wants to run Pathfinder Kingmaker but with 5e.
>>
>>47927501
Play a mountain dwarf get +2 to str and con
>>
>>47927439
Easily 2000.

Also

>No additional tunneling or construction

I thought you said they were dwarves?
>>
>>47927501
Even RNG wants you to do standard stats
>>
>>47927501
Go buy a lottery ticket.
>>
>>47927571
I mean living space wise, mines were already in mind for me
>>
>>47927528
Nigga that aint what I said.

>Kingmaker
AWWW SHIIET SON. That one is pretty good, as long as your group remembers to have plenty of downtime to fuck around improving your stronghold and growing your city. Thankfully the book itself has few to no rules on that kind of stuff so itll be up to your DM to work it out, but its pretty important nonetheless.
>>
>>47927634
That's good to hear. I've always seen mixed reviews for the Pathfinder adventures.

I definitely want to explore the downtime thing, so I've been reading in the PHB and DMG to get different ideas.
>>
>>47927626
Yeah, and dwarves would certainly tunnel out or build more housing as needed.

As for living space to start with, I'll stick with 2000. Those giant rooms could easily be made into 3 story apartment buildings. If you assume 2 dwarven families move in to each house, totaling 7 dwarves on average, you could easily get above 2000. I could see it going up or down by 500 depending on how closely packed you want them.
>>
>>47927655
Actually, come to think of it, you may have a harder time. 5e isnt friendly to crafting things, so im not sure what youd actually do with all the downtime. I guess thats something youll have to figure out, too.

When i played, my group had a crafting necromancer, so our stronghold was undead friendly and had an awful lot of magic items going after a few months. That is pretty much impossible to do now in 5e.
>>
Why aren't dwarves in the small category?

Why aren't goliaths in the large category?

Why are goliaths and dwarves considered the same general size?
>>
>>47927724
Hmm. I can hire people to craft things for me, right? It doesn't seem like a wizard-king should be spending a lot of his time crafting boring shit.
>>
>>47927760
well thats the thing. wizard king is one of the most powerful magic users in the land. quite a few things can only be made with his/her magics.

but that doesnt fly in 5e anymore so yeah, just hire a bunch of artisans, crafters, ect. establish a thieves guild and extract taxes via larceny in a tax free trade based empire. establish a merchants guild to consolidate wealth and create a class based society which you can then exploit for cheaper labor.
>>
>>47927737
I believe it's more because of certain mechanics. It's also related to the space they occupy, not necessarily their size. Saying goliaths are Large would mean they occupy 4 squares instead of one, which would be quite a nuisance. It would also mean they could grapple a Huge creature. On the other hand, if dwarves were Small they would have disadvantage using Heavy weapons, which makes no sense regarding dwarves. So, they are on the lower spectrum of Medium, goliaths are on the highest. But in the end, it's just a convention so that the game's mechanics work well.
>>
>>47927882
>It would also mean they could grapple a Huge creature.
I think it's pretty reasonable that if a 4 foot, 150lb dwarf can grapple a young dragon, then an 8 foot, 350 lb goliath should have no problem grappling an adult dragon.

>On the other hand, if dwarves were Small they would have disadvantage using Heavy weapons, which makes no sense regarding dwarves.
Just give dwarves a racial trait that negates the penalties for using heavy weapons.
>>
>>47927295
Pass Without Trace covers the full spectrum of senses and masks all secondary environmental clues that let people know that something is wrong. It's actual stealth.

Invisibility only covers direct sight. Not even that if it shimmers. Illusions are good at making non-Rogues tricky but have much less to offer actual Rogues.
>>
>>47928055
>veil of shadows
>+10 bonus to stealth

>literally invisible
>no stealth bonus
>>
>>47927132
Take ritual caster instead for more utility.
Spearmaster from UA is a great option.
Blademaster is great as well.
And mobile for lightspeed.
>>
File: 5e_Build_Max-Speed.png (28 KB, 517x826) Image search: [Google]
5e_Build_Max-Speed.png
28 KB, 517x826
>>47928077
>And mobile for lightspeed.
>>
>>47926266
Bumpin for feedback pls

>>47928074
MAGIC. also you can still be heard, you leave footsteps on the floor, so on and so forth

>>47928055
Idk, silent image is pretty good even for rogues.
>>
>>47927737
>>47927882
>>47928043
Dwarfs are between 4-5 feet tall, those are just short humans. Goliaths are pretty big but they arent as broad as a horse, so they are medium.
>>
>>47928074
>That guy who creaks on every board and crackles every leaf because they can't even see their feet. Bumps into vase and jams their pin into the door wrong.
>Sneezes

GAIS I AM INVISIBILE WHY DOES LITERALLY EVERYONE KNOW WHERE I AM?
>>
>>47928140
Those aren't inherent factors of invisibility so you just made yourself look like a fool. Congratulations, fool.
>>
>>47928120
>Silent Image
Might as well just take Minor Illusion which is a cantrip and you can also take the option of causing an auditory distraction. When the best spell in a school for you is a cantrip, then that school is just not a great investment.
>>
>>47928217
Those are perfect reasons why someone with +0 stealth shouldn't get a bonus to it for being invisible. Having the opportunity to hide in plain sight is already a big benefit.
>>
>>47928297
Once again, those are not inherent factors of stealth.

Juxtapose someone doing those things while invisible with someone doing those things while fully visible. The visible one is literally infinitely easier to see and extremely harder to localize.
>>
>>47928503
*not inherent factors of invisibility
>>
File: size categories labeled.png (162 KB, 1500x707) Image search: [Google]
size categories labeled.png
162 KB, 1500x707
>>47928130
>>47927882
>>
I have 13 unarmoured defense on my barbarian. I am almost at level 4 and I could level my dex to 14 and my con to 16 giving me 2 extra AC. Should I do this or just level up strength to 18?
>>
>>47928543
>Firbolgs are coming in Volo's Guide to Monsters
>Firbolgs tend to be between 9 and 10 feet tall
>They'll somehow make them Medium size
>>
File: c39.jpg (20 KB, 352x450) Image search: [Google]
c39.jpg
20 KB, 352x450
>>47928543
>imperial units
>>
>>47928543
i would note that the chart doesn't show weight either.
that gnome? he weights 43 pounds MAXIMUM while dwarves and humans weigh the same
>>
>>47928647
Better throw your PHB in the trash and never play 5e again then because 5e uses imperial units.
>>
>>47928543
That graphic is wrong. Gnomes stand between 3 and 4 ft tall, while dwarves stand between 4 and 5 ft tall.
>>
>>47928602
>13 naked ac on a barb
id make fun of your ac, but you clearly focused on other things
str is your kill shit, you clearly arnt prioritizing being the meat shield
that being said, if you up your STR (which i think you should do) you should consider buying some armor
>>
>>47928673
The graph is not wrong. Last time I checked, 4 feet is within the inclusive range of 3 to 4 feet and also in the inclusive range of 4 to 5 feet.
>>
>>47928283
>limited to 5ft
>cant create a false wall of stone
>cant create a dragons shadow
>can only pretend to be a barrel and make barrel sounds

yeah, okay. thats not even going into ridiculousness with Mirage Arcane.
>>
>>47928697
Sure, take the tallest gnome and the shortest dwarf to use as examples, that's not biased at all. And as others said, the dwarf's build would still be larger than the gnome's.
>>
>>47925096
>female character gets more clothes as she levels up instead of less
disgusting
>>
>>47928602
>>47928602
I would go for Dex and Con, but it depends on what you want. You can still wear medium armor and a shield and get 18 AC.
>>
>>47928733
Biased != Wrong, sorry mate.

And the dwarf is clearly standing flank-forward, so the graph is not inaccurately depicting his build as you suggest.
>>
>>47923978
>>47926511
Well, looking over it, I think you can condense the wording on some things. Put Arrow of Dusk as another bonus under shadow magic at level 1 instead of having it be listed as a separate class feature.

I definitly understand why people have been suggesting you fold it into warlock, although I think you could make it more distinct.

Since it has a custom spell list anyway, why not play that up? Rather than being like a Warlock, gaining higher level versions of limited slots, have them instead just gain more and more slots of a single level, and having it refresh on a long rest Basically give them a big pool to dip into for their basic utility effects, and then for more powerful stuff you can have things like the Eternal Penumbra mystery that can give them extra effects. You could still keep the once per day slots for higher level spells as well, since while that's similar to warlock, there's not really a better way to handle it.

Something like that might help make them more distinct.

As for other more specific things...

Umbral bolts seems a bit odd. Free advantage all the time on a basic cantrip is weird. Piercing shadows as well seems way too strong. I like the idea of boosting it, but these might be a bit overkill.

(cont)
>>
>>47923978
>>47926511
>>47928812

Unerring strike for Shadowblade should also ignore bonuses from concealment. Maybe not total concealment, but if you can strike while blind you can hit someone in a bush.

Unexpected strike seems a bit off to just be free damage. Oddly enough I would say to make it scale a bit more, but have it trigger in a similar manner to a Rogue's sneak attack. I'd also suggest something similar for the Arrow of Dusk. Have it deal some extra damage if you get them by surprise, rather than just being a wild bonus on a crit.

Shadow & Stealth should be clarified so that you have to be proficienct in stealth already in order to get your proficiency twice. Word it more closely to Expertise, or just change it so you add Charisma to stealth checks for a similar effect.

Shadowmaster seems very similar to Beastmaster, but since Beastmaster seems a bit weak, I have a feeling shadowmaster would be in the same boat. I'd suggest looking at some of the homebrew beastmaster fixes and reworking it. Or, instead of those fixes, you could give the Shadow companion some extra magical effects as you level, such as letting it teleport through shadows or other effects that make it better suited for utility. I would potentially suggest giving it resistance to nonmagical damage, but that'd require lowering its HP to offset that, and I'm not sure how well that would balance out.

Noctumancer seems okay, though there might be something I'm overlooking. The higher level ability to ignore the effects of a spell for 1 minute might end up with some odd situations. I would suggest making it automatic successess on saves and checks related to the spell, and immunity to damage caused by the spell, if only to better clarify to what extent it makes you immune.

I really like the idea of counterspelling to regain spell slots, though with them recharging on a short rest anyway it feels less useful.
>>
File: 1460576229376.jpg (108 KB, 800x1035) Image search: [Google]
1460576229376.jpg
108 KB, 800x1035
Does anyone have the Dervish homebrew in PDF form?
>>
>>47928654
Deep gnomes can weigh 120 and are still same height
>>
File: 1466711467219.png (159 KB, 1500x707) Image search: [Google]
1466711467219.png
159 KB, 1500x707
>>47928697
>>47928777
>The graph is not wrong. Last time I checked, 4 feet is within the inclusive range of 3 to 4 feet and also in the inclusive range of 4 to 5 feet.
>it has the absolute maximum height for gnomes and the bare minimum height for dwarves, so its totes right
>using the vague descriptions, not the actual height chart supplied
my charts right too
>>
>>47928864
Wow you really are butthurt. It's a children's game, calm down autismo.
>>
>>47928910
id rather be right than retarded, thats where we differ
>>
>>47928864
Hahaha, thanks anon, your chart made me laugh.

>>47928910
He's not me, buddy. And I don't think he's butthurt at all, he even approached with more humor than I did.
>>
>>47928706
>cant create a false wall of stone
"I've patrolled this keep for two years, did you know there was a wall here going into the room with all the treasure?"
"I'll call it in"

>cant create a dragons shadow
Babbies first illusion
Novice orcs stop falling for that after 1d3 1st level spellcasters who all make illusions of dragons too.
Creating the illusion of a dragon is like creating the illusion of a nuclear bomb blast. If was real you would be dead already or hit with actual dragonfear so there is no point in believing it.

>Mirage Arcane
>7th level spell
By the time you scrape enough wizard levels to cast it, are you really a Rogue anymore?
>>
>>47928941
>That graphic is wrong.
My graphic was not wrong. You're retarded.

>that's not biased
MY graph WAS biased. You're retarded.

>dwarf's build would still be larger
The dwarf's build was not misrepresented. You're retarded.

Nothing I've said was incorrect. Huh. I guess you really are the retarded one. Guess you aren't getting your way this time, huh?
>>
>>47927737
Because Dwarves are just tall enough and more than stout enough to be medium.

Goliaths are a bit more of a mystery to me as to why they are considered medium, but they are only slightly larger than half-orcs and orcs who are also considered medium so I guess thats part of it. Another part of it might be that they are not wide enough to be considered large, just tall enough. Sorta like those super tall basket ball players. Thats just my guess though.
>>
>>47928543
Im sorry but can you point me towards the second silhouette's art work ?
>>
>>47929075
http://recedingrules.blogspot.ca/2011_09_01_archive.html
>>
>>47929116
>>47928543
Your dwarf is the literal minimum height of the hill dwarf race, and your gnome is literally taller than a gnome can possibly be according to the PHB height and weight chart.

As a side note, dwarves are over 3 times more stout than gnomes. That's the main reason dwarves are medium.
>>
>>47929116
Thank you .
Now you are comparing a D&D art work with some random one.
Next if take the average height of Gnomes 3,5 and average of Dwarfs 4,5 we can see that the later have 1 unit more than the other.
Also dwarfs are almost as wide as they are tall, basicly made of muscle/stone. Volume wise they are the same as humans. Maybe even bigger.
>>
>>47929260
Neither the human nor the goliath artwork is D&D official either. You're reading too far into my meme, friend. They're just silhouettes juxtaposed on a ruled scale to compare the heights.
>>
>>47929327
(I couldn't find official silhouette illustrations of dwarf or human, so I didn't bother.)
>>
>>47929327
but how else am I gonna feel smug after proving you wrong anon ?
>>
>>47929503
Anon, I have yet to be proven wrong!

>>47929253
>PHB height and weight chart.
Could you tell me which page that is on?
>>
>>47929606
>>47917026
>>
>>47929683
I have and the chart you're referring to doesn't exist :)
>>
>>47929701
>>>47917026
>>
>>47929606
Page 121. The beginning of chapter 4.

>>47929701
this guy >>47929683 isn't me, and the chart does exist. Its pretty front and center on page 121.
>>
>>47929725
>Its pretty front and center on page 121.
Thanks. Weird that they put it in the Personality section.
>>
Yo,
I'm looking for a suitable BBEG for my campaign, I've set it 140 years after a great war freed the country from a tyrannical lich, vampire and necromancer but there is a cult resurfacing that are said to be aligned with the newly resurrected bad guys.

However, i wanted some sort of twist, in that the three bad guys were still dead and there was one main douche who made it seem like they were back, only so he could consolidate power etc. I wanted to give him some necromancy powers but not be a vampire, lich or necromancer. What do i make/how do i stat them?
>>
>>47929789
It is, but Wizards have made a number of strange decisions when It comes to 5e. Some have been for the better, and some not so much.
>>
>>47928602
i would go for broke on strength teebh
>>
Any cool ideas for a Trickery Domain Cleric build? Maybe multiclassing into rogue, or taking a feat to get longbow/heavy crossbow proficiency?
>>
>>47929853
Maybe he is using a necromantic artifact originally owned by one of the three in order to fake their appearances/control their resurrected forms?
>>
>>47929853
An awakened Nightmare that pretends a mundane skeleton on its back is the real BBEG

A charismatic ghost rallying other undead to help him conquer the world of the living.

A little girl has made friends with a giant golem made of graves. It has gone on a rampage to raise and gather more bodies because she said she was lonely.

An evil dragon is using his arcane knowledge to create bone golems and other constructs that seem like necromancy, but aren't. He's doing so to throw people off his trail and make it seem like the other villains are back
>>
>>47930039

I'm currently playing a Trickery Domain Cleric/Arcane Trickster Rogue. I've yet to discover any really neat tricks yet, although your Channel Divinity duplicate is a nice conduit for casting Inflict Wounds safely.
>>
>>47929853
Mummy lord trying to bring back the old faith.
>>
WIZARDS OF THE COAST LOGIC

MEDIUM
>3'10"
>119 lbs

SMALL
>4'0"
>120 lbs
>>
>>47930069
>,
I like the dragon one anon, i thought maybe he has captured a bunch of innately special magic users when they were younger and cultivated a series of necromancers and artificers who just make undead armies all day for him and the odd scary abomination.

Further question though, can any chromatic dragons shapeshift? so he wouldn't have to show his true form until he tries to overthrow the capital.
>>
>>47930133
wow you sure showed them
>>
>>47930147
They can, though prefer not to as they see humanoids as pathetic.
>>
>>47930133
>Gnome
>4 ft.
>120 ibs.

The hell? Gnomes only weigh 40 pounds on average and at tallest can be 3 ft. 7 in. This is some weak bait.
>>
>>47930155
Don't get so upset, anon. It's just a game!
>>
>>47930187
"bu-bu-but i meant spooky rock gnomes, i just dont call them that"
>>
File: Dark-Sun-Psionics-740x360.jpg (189 KB, 740x360) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Sun-Psionics-740x360.jpg
189 KB, 740x360
>>47921631
Dark Sun
no one else likes it tho
>>
File: 1465584380558.jpg (249 KB, 858x807) Image search: [Google]
1465584380558.jpg
249 KB, 858x807
>>47930191
i'm STEAMING MAD
>>
>>47921631
honestly i don't remember playing in any published setting besides forgotten realms and eberron and i hesitate to call either of those my favorite. eberron is OKAY and forgotten realms kind of sucks.
>>
>>47930187
Pic

>>47930201
this idiot thinks a rock gnome is not a gnome. rock gnomes are small just the same as regular gnomes.
>>
>>47930202
I've always been a fan of Dark Sun, though it feels like there's only ever one way to go with it. Gritty desert survival until you're strong enough to try knocking down Sorcerer Kings.

I really like the idea of Psionics being a major thing, but the rules are always all over the place.
>>
>>47930039
>Maybe multiclassing into rogue
For what? 2d6 sneak attack? 2d8 is already baked in with no strings.

You're a buff/debuff class with extra party infiltration and hard mind control. What you already have covers anything you would get from a Rogue dip.
>>
>>47930187
4 feet tall
>>
>>47930274
Well you get expertise and cunning action for one. It also fits thematically.
>>
>>47930257
Nice job blocking out the part where it also says they're only 3 1/2 feet tall instead of 4 like normal Gnomes.

It even says in the paragraph before that they're usually 100 pounds and rarely break 3 feet.
>>
>>47930173
Cheers brah.

Another idea was to have a corrupt Empyrean that was sent down many years ago by the raven queen to assist the old champions in defeating the three bad guys, but has now turned bad and has corrupted some of the powers given to him by the raven queen so he now brings back the dead, i was just going to keep the Empyrean from the MM but then stat him out with some necromatic powers that he would use for thematic/ plot/ mook purposes
>>
>>47930334
well its dumb we are even discussing this but on the height chart gnomes can at most be 2'11" + 2d4 inches, so thats a max height of 3'7", and a max weight of 43 lbs.
minimum of course being 3'1" and weight 37 lbs. i always ignore that and make my characters 8' tall dragonborn or 6'3" humans built like linebackers (including my current rogue).
well i made one short human sorcerer.
>>
>>47930257
>3 1/2 feet, 120 pounds, max

>>47930334
>4 feet, maybe 60 pounds, max

So you're just arbitrarily mixing the different types of gnomes together at this point?
>>
>>47930263
i ran some pulpy, monster-of-the-week pit fights
it wasn't a real campaign but fit the setting well

it seems like it's great for political intrigue too, like the game could end at level 11 or so when the players are higher-up templars after stabbing enough friends in the back

mostly i like the aesthetic and the psionics
>>
>only get to play once a week
>have no other friends that play D&D and the ones that do are busy
>bored out of my mind for the rest of the week

Help guys, what do I do?
>>
>>47930257
Thats drastically different than whats in the PHB for gnomes. Deep gnomes must be some fat asses. How the hell do they get a bonus to dex with that much fat.

>>47930334
>"Between 3 and 4 feet tall"
>"Between"

Look on page 121 and you'll see where between 3 and 4 feet they are, namely 5 inches under 4 feet at best.

Also, if all of this is going to be assuming the tallest and stoutest possible gnome, why not also use the tallest and stoutest possible dwarf at 4'8 ft. and 226 pounds?
>>
>>47930416
Political backstabbing could be fun, though I feel like that misses some of the fun of having a giant wasteland to explore and wander into.

I do mainly enjoy the lack of typical fantasy characters and the focus on psionics and martials.
>>
>>47930465
>Deep gnomes must be some fat asses.

It says in their description in the EE guide that they have leathery skin and dense fat and muscle. They're basically as close to being made of rock as they can get.

Pretty much, Rock Gnomes are to Gnomes what Dwarves are to Humans.
>>
>>47930357
>>47930406
Pic related, how does it feel to be

ABSOLUTELY

B T F O
T
F
O

>>47930465
>why not also use the tallest and stoutest possible dwarf at 4'8 ft. and 226 pounds?
Because the smallest possible Dwarf is medium and the stoutest possible gnome is small.
>>
>>47930349
There's no reason to stay on the front lines so Disengage weaving is unnecessary. There is no sneak attack so quick hide is unnecessary. There are still plenty of other ways to run away.

Guidance is half Expertise already.
>>
>>47930488
well there's no reason it couldn't have both
like if the players are tired of the one throw em the other

i really like the scarcity, like i had the players start as slaves where they had a copper-piece equivalent on a string around their neck, and the only way to make more was to kill other slaves in the arena
>>
>>47930526
>Pic related

Yep, you sure showed me.
>>
>>47930406
>arbitrarily
Also, you should not use words you do not know the meaning of ;)
>>
>>47930526
Thats because that is how the game is designed and has been designed for 5 editions. If it really rustles your jimmies this much talk to your DM about being a medium gnome.
>>
>>47930526
>>47930567
Sorry, anon, I got very excited and I forgot to attach my epic meme image.
>>
>>47930568
>I'll take the weight from a deep gnome, because it supports my argument
>But I'll ignore the height, since that's too short
>I'll use forest gnome height instead, since they're taller

Right. 'Arbitrary' would imply that you did it by accident. Clearly you're just trying to lie about facts and hoping nobody notices.
>>
>>you know who this is to
>>
>>47930609
But anon, you're wrong again! See >>47930603. Rock gnomes TYPICALLY stand at ABOUT 3 to 3.5 feet. But not all rock gnomes necessarily fall in that range. Then see >>47930334 which says that (GENERAL) Gnomes are between 3 and 4 feet tall.
>>
>>47930603
No. Stop being a faggot.

You're using the height range on forest gnomes to support your argument. That lists them at 3-4 feet. You're sticking with that as an accurate representation.

You're ignoring the deep gnome one, despite it being the exact same, because it lists them at 3-3 1/2 feet.

You're using the hill dwarf stats from the random table, which puts them at 3'10" at a minimum and 4'4" at a maximum.

You're ignoring the same table for forest gnomes, which puts them at 3'1" minimum and 3'8" maximum.

You're ignoring the size listing for dwarves that puts them at 4-5 feet.

If you want to compare heights, use the same reference for heights.
>>
>>47930689
my next character is a 2 foot tall rock gnome that weighs 500 pounds
>>
>>47930661
>>
>>47930488
also i love the hyper-80's road warrior aesthetic

makes the whole game feel like a metal concept album
>>
>>47930732
that sounds like something i would do desu. i might do this next. not be super fat, be super dense (and somewhat fat).
>>
File: RARELY.png (1 MB, 1341x801) Image search: [Google]
RARELY.png
1 MB, 1341x801
>>47930689
Well, by that logic, nothing is stopping you from playing an 8 foot tall Deep Gnome that's only 20 pounds.

After all, it doesn't specifically say they can't be that tall and light, just that it must be rare!
>>
File: PHB_Cover.png (1 MB, 656x878) Image search: [Google]
PHB_Cover.png
1 MB, 656x878
>>47930715
>If you want to compare heights, use the same reference for heights.
Anon, I am using the same reference. Your second and third lines are incorrect. Did you even read >>47930603 and >>47930689?

Pic related, my reference.
>>
>>47930559
My players started off a bit better than that, as guards on a caravan. They steadily built themselves up to a nice little fortune as they explored and plundered the wastes

>>47930753
Yeah, it's really different than the typical D&D setting with knights and rolling green hills.
>>
>>47930809
>But muh typically

Doesn't matter. Use the same metric or none at all. If you trust that the forest gnome listing gives an accurate range of heights, then you have to trust that all of them give an accurate range of heights.
>>
>>47930809
>Pic related, my reference.
as we can clearly see on that cover, on the left is a forest gnome, and in the middle is a mountain dwarf, and on the right is a halfling. you can easily tell she is a halfling on account of her lack of half a body
>>
What's the name of the powerful vampire lady in Hoard of the dragon queen? My Paladin is now one of her husbands.
>>
>>47930866
>doesn't even know his wifes name
gawd, what kind of paladin are you
>>
>>47930882
One who got drunk, fell asleep outside and woke up with a vampire wife.
>>
File: 5e_PHB_Races_Gnomes_Traits_BTFO.png (784 KB, 1094x721) Image search: [Google]
5e_PHB_Races_Gnomes_Traits_BTFO.png
784 KB, 1094x721
>>47930771
No, because the description of general gnomes (the category to which deep gnomes belong) dictates an upper limit of 4 feet. Had enough yet? :)
>>
>>47930849
No, the left is a hill dwarf and the middle is a deep gnome :)
>>
>>47930916
Hypothetically, the umbrella category for airplanes says that they're between 10 and 100 feet long.

The specific category for biplanes says they're typically between 10 and 15 feet long.

Has anything been contradicted here?

Does this mean 100 foot biplanes exist?
>>
Man where is the meme list when you need it.
I'm giving bag of rats for the meme list
>>
>>47930935
ahh my mistake, you see on AVERAGE, dwarves have an 8 inch beard (picture attached) and TYPICALLY, gnomes have a 0 inch beard (see second attached picture)
you can understand my mistake, i didn't know we were dealing with cherry picked characters on the cover

that probably means the right character is a half orc then, because its clearly black and half sized
>>
File: Rebirth the Tiefling Druid.jpg (92 KB, 734x800) Image search: [Google]
Rebirth the Tiefling Druid.jpg
92 KB, 734x800
How well could a tiefling moon druid work? I know the bestial forms will do a lot of the heavy lifting but if I am forced to fight in non animal form will the character concept still hold solid? I think RP wise I could make it work really solidly, and with all the goat parts you get access to he'd basically be a goat tiefling like pic related. Thoughts?
>>
>>47930916
Well the description of the general dwarf puts them between 4 and 5 foot tall and weighing 150 ibs. So dwarves weigh more than gnomes.
>>
File: latest-1.jpg (23 KB, 482x356) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.jpg
23 KB, 482x356
>>47930882
paladunce is still alive and well
>>
File: ALL GNOMES.png (545 KB, 1840x762) Image search: [Google]
ALL GNOMES.png
545 KB, 1840x762
>>47930825
>>
>>47931057
>3.5 isn't between 3 and 4

Do you understand numbers anon?
>>
>>47931034
Good point, anon! Except while that is true...

#NotAllDwarves !!!!

So you haven't supported your argument :))
>>
File: Untitled.png (310 KB, 397x321) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
310 KB, 397x321
>>47930916
>>47931057
>>
>>47931034
Don't be silly. He's using the height listing from the forest gnome entry, the weight from deep gnomes, but ignoring the dwarf entry and using the random table that puts their minimum at slightly under 4 feet and 120 pounds.

And no, he won't admit that the table also proves gnomes can't be 4 feet at all.
>>
>>47928543
This picture does not quite match the PHB. The tallest gnome is still shorter than the smallest dwarf.

>Gnomes 3'1" - 3'7"
>Dwarves 3'10" - 4'8"
>Humans 4'10" - 6'4"
>Goliaths 7' - 8'

Large creatures are ~10'. Goliaths just miss the cutoff. Gnomes likewise just miss the cutoff to being Medium. The lines have to be drawn somewhere and that's where they drew them.
>>
>>47931086
In that case...

#NOTALLGNOMES!!!

So your arguement is also debunked

Now for the love of Pelor can we actually discuss something more interesting that the height and weight of dwarves and gnomes. This conversation is dull.
>>
>>47930977
>airplanes [are] between 10 and 100 feet long
>biplanes [are] typically between 10 and 15 feet long

>Does this mean 100 foot biplanes exist?
The given parameters indeed imply that 100 foot biplanes could exist. If biplanes are in fact restricted to the 10-15 foot range, then the person who wrote that passage is a fool.
>>
>>47931169
Or, the person writing the passage assumed people wouldn't be so retarded to think that biplanes would be 100 feet long, and wrote it that way to account for biplanes that might be 16 feet long instead.
>>
>>47931158
No, my argument is not debunked because, as you have kindly implied, #SomeGnomes CAN be, as I have shown, 120 pounds and 4 feet tall. Thank-you for your support!
>>
>>47931223
Wrong.

Either:

>Dwarves can be 3'10
>Gnomes max out at 3'7

Or

>Gnomes can be 4 feet maximum
>Dwarves are 4 feet minimum.

One or the other.
>>
>>47931091
>>47931075
Typically about 3 to 3.5 feet does not exclude heights other than those in that range. Don't you understand english, anon?
>>
File: 1465690869653.png (3 MB, 1142x1468) Image search: [Google]
1465690869653.png
3 MB, 1142x1468
do teiflings have hooves or feet?
>>
lmao guys, okay, here's my character's backstory. Okay? Okay. So, like, there was a gnome and a human, right? And they had a kid. And their kid mated with another gnome, right? You following along? And the the kid of THAT union mated with ANOTHER gnome. And a few generations down, a, like, 1/64th human 63/64th gnome is born that grows to be, like, five foot five. Isn't that funny la mayo??!@
>>
>>47931247
Not according to my D&D® PLAYER'S HANDBOOK® published by Wizards of the Coast.
>>
>>47931286
feet
but can have hooves if you are using SCAG variants
>>
>>47931314
Nigger, everything I just said is in the Player's Handbook. It's just that the first option is going by the random height table, while the second option is going by the size listings under race entry.

Pick one or the other to support your argument with, because you can't use both.
>>
>>47931286
i think alot of tiefling traits are "choose what you fuckin want m8"
it even says some of them have shitass vestigial wings i think, and realistically they can have alot of kinds of horn.
no reason they cant have feet, or various different kinds of hooves TYPICALLY on AVERAGE #NOTMYTIEFLING
>>
>>47931307
thats not how genetics work anon
>>
>>47931376

It's my backstory, gawd, I just wanna be a tall gnome okay? Read the book it's totally legit, like, oh my God, like, really? I can't even.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.