[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: 1465892051350.jpg (145 KB, 783x896) Image search: [Google]
1465892051350.jpg
145 KB, 783x896
Pathfinder General /pfg/

PoW brawler and PoW vigilante out now.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jWw7bVMARxrXfRuOW20NlRqXEnS_XGLPT6LHTbz2qME/edit#heading=h.fr0xm36g4eum
Broken Blade errata to shut up ogres when?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
http://web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Previous thread: >>47907258
>>
Merfolk should be able to take a feat to gain a tail slap attack.
>>
File: vibrating person.jpg (16 KB, 161x175) Image search: [Google]
vibrating person.jpg
16 KB, 161x175
I want to use all of the homebrew races in our pastebin. But I never will.
>>
File: PZOPDFALLCS01E_500.jpg (141 KB, 500x647) Image search: [Google]
PZOPDFALLCS01E_500.jpg
141 KB, 500x647
>>47919544
Merfolk need their own PF variant. Oh wait that exists.

I am a huge fan of underwater campaigns. It kills the need for flight as a prerequisite to being a good character. It can have cool monsters. Your races can do cool things. Lots of chances to do something new.
>>
Qlippoth a cute
>>
>>47919629
This meme stopped being funny in 2015. Please leave.
>>
File: Aisling.jpg (27 KB, 263x533) Image search: [Google]
Aisling.jpg
27 KB, 263x533
So folks, got somethin' different for ya tonight - been talking to N. Jolly, a/the major author and contributor to KoP, and convinced him to come say hi so folks can ask questions about the work. Try to be nice, aye? 's his first time.
>>
File: 1443826028338.jpg (100 KB, 500x736) Image search: [Google]
1443826028338.jpg
100 KB, 500x736
>>47919608

Would you play a cute merboy?
>>
Hellknight book when?
>>
>>47919634
The shit is KoP?
>>
>>47919651
Kineticists of Porphyra? Folks've been talking about it for the last few threads, anon.
>>
>>47919634
Isn't he the guy who blatantly steals Paizo content and spray-paints it with his own setting?
>>
>>47919601
kek.

Man that one is gonna be legendary for awhile.
>>
>>47919668
Not that I know of but I also don't follow the project. I know him primarily as a guide writer.
>>
Hey all, N. Jolly here. I heard there was some chatter about my books, and I figured I'd check it out, see if anyone had any questions that they wanted to ask me directly about KOP 1-3, Legendary Kineticists, or the upcoming KOP 4.
>>
>>47919687
Godmetals of Porphyra is what I was thinking of. And yeah, the guy's written some pretty decent guides. Alchemist and mythic stuff are what I remember about him.
>>
>>47919651
Kineticists of Porphyra, with the new "time" element, because SOMEONE wants to play a Sakuya/Dio/Homura/Kiritsugu ripoff.
>>
>>47919668
That was Mark Gedak, another Porphyra writer. Unless N Jolly is his namefagname.

>>47919666
Ah, kineticist shit, nothing worth caring about, gotcha.
>>
File: PF Sea Elf.jpg (72 KB, 617x720) Image search: [Google]
PF Sea Elf.jpg
72 KB, 617x720
>>47919637

I prefer sultry sea-elves.
>>
>>47919689
This is gonna sound rude, but what's "KOP" and why should I be interested?

Sell me on it, man, 'cause you're a door-to-door salesman and you haven't opened your suitcase yet.
>>
>>47919709
Oh, my bad then.

>>47919710
>nose piercings
Dropped.
>>
File: soulcradle42.jpg (127 KB, 484x800) Image search: [Google]
soulcradle42.jpg
127 KB, 484x800
>>47919637
Of course I would. And also a sporty fishgirl.
>>
>>47919720
>>47919689
Or rather, tell me why /you/ like it, considering you put the effort into making it.
>>
File: just googled anthro frog sorry.png (1 MB, 1024x652) Image search: [Google]
just googled anthro frog sorry.png
1 MB, 1024x652
>>47919571
>>47919576
Hey look, we have a frogpeople race!
http://pastebin.com/Mfgwug0r
>>
>>47919720
KOP is Kineticists of Porphyra, and it's basically the line that I did that made the Kineticist a viable class. Here I decided to include a ton more elements, actually make feats for the class, make enough wild talents to make any element viable, and a ton of other stuff like that.

And yeah, I'm also a pretty decent guide writer, as it seems some people here know about my alchemist guide already. And I'm not Mark Gedak, don't worry about that.
>>
>>47919601
>>47919671

Wait... What happened? What's this about frog waifus and lesbo-cucking?
>>
>>47919704
I like the time element stuff.

lot of the archetypes didn't help much though
>>
>>47919704
Don't forget Tracer too.
>>
>>47919759
Unrelated to frog waifus, but some guy got slightly too autistic about his DM being a shit and having his character's loving, monogamous fiancee cheat on him with another woman. It got retconned, DM apologized, some other faggot went on a rant about how straight people are just secretly bisexual and got shot down.
>>
>>47919759
Some guy came in here last night bitching about how his DM lesbo-cucked his character's knight waifu who he was planning on taking leadership to take as a cohort.

And then we all chatted about how the DM could recon lesbo-cucking him and whatnot.
>>
File: 1403664109523.jpg (519 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1403664109523.jpg
519 KB, 600x800
>>47919608
>>47919637
What we really need is a +Int merfolk race so we can have better MtG merfolk.

Though I guess you can SORT OF play a True-Name Nemesis with a merfolk Tzocatl warspeaker?
>>
>>47919764
I'll admit Time hasn't gotten the most love since the release, although it's mostly since I did a lot of stuff that I already liked with Time initially. I do think Dimensional Ripper was a nice archetype for it, even if it is better for other elements.
>>
File: The World Knife Throw.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
The World Knife Throw.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>47919709
>>47919720
Using the Avant Garde from DSP's kineticist thing and the KoP time thing you can actually have a stand and freeze time. Thats why I care.
>>
File: 1312070787142.jpg (300 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1312070787142.jpg
300 KB, 750x750
>>47919731
Problem with piercings, Anon?
>>
>>47919805
>being so autistic you try to force MtG into everything
>thinking MtG is "authentic"
Please die.
>>
>>47919778
>>47919780

It didn't seem like he was bitching or autistic about it at all; the guy was rightfully pissed, posted about it on /pfg/, and eventually made up with the DM after they got put in the spotlight by the anon and other players.

It's not like he continued to whine after fixing the issue, or got up and punched the DM like some other guys posted.
>>
>>47919827
Yeah, only a little. He whined about how he personally had a special bond and the damage could never "be undone". Nigga it's imagination, just retcon it, accept the apology, and move on. Glad he managed to do that.
>>
>>47919814
>Dio
>Part 3
it's shit
at least get bomb shit for Kira or something; anything else
>>
File: img.jpg (23 KB, 237x330) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
23 KB, 237x330
>>47919755
Oh, cool. I'll check it out, then, since I've got a game where one of my fellow players is a fucking 1pp fire kineticist.
I wish I was joking. Hopefully the GM will give him a rebuild later on, or just kill his character out of mercy.

>who the fuck is Mark Gedak
>why should I even care beyond avoiding his products
>>
>>47919806
It lacks the 3-burn supercombos some other elements have access to, as well as some of the better composite blasts around.

It's best paired with Avant-Garde and capitalizing on upgrading the simple blast; its pure composite rather hurts...

Rather too bad it can't be Gambler'd...
>>
>>47919861
Kira is lame. The part 4 bad guys are lame.

>i'm a big dumb psychopath hurp-de-durp!
>>
>>47919879
Fire is a god damn joke. I've done my best to make fire better, but when 80% of the bestiary ignores it and only draining infusion is there to help, you're not doing much. I've done my best, there's a few talents in there that help you ignore some energy resistance, and one that straight up negates fire immunity around 14th level, so eventually you don't have to worry about everything being immune to your best thing.
>>
>>47919891
Fair, I thought at least one of the new tristalts was time, seems I forgot. I keep forgetting what was held back for KOP 4, so that'll be on the list of the things the Team and I work on. Also DSP's content will be getting added to my kineticist guide, although it's damn solid right now.
>>
>>47919925

What's your thoughts on the DSP kineticist archetypes?
>>
>>47919805
So in Cerulean Seas we have:
Cerulean Seas Undersea Campaign Setting you have +int strong deep sea eal merfolk, and normal merfolk you choose +2 to any ability score for.
Cerulean Seas: Waves of Thought you have +int psionic merfolk, octopeople, and sea snails.

There is also a half-breed system.
>>
>>47919940
DSP archetypes are hype, and I thought about reviewing them in the guide as playtest, but I figured I'd hold off until they were completed. I'm a little jealous of the Gambler idea myself.
>>
File: the fuck did you say.png (119 KB, 325x251) Image search: [Google]
the fuck did you say.png
119 KB, 325x251
>>47919902
>not liking muh geetar
>not liking muh quiet life
>not liking muh tower
shit taste my friend
>>
>>47919689
What's the status of your lovelife?
>>
>>47919960
THIS SHILLING jk cerulean seas is pretty good and well thought out
>>
>>47919971
When you finish the KoP line, do you have other awesome plans?
>>
>>47919990
Didn't the company go out of business?
>>
>>47919925
I'm the one playing an exploiter wizard, man, I know exactly how you feel.

I tried to warn the kid against it, too, but he'd already built the character (with the GM's help, no less) by the time I heard about it. Wouldn't even swap elements.

I'm also the only person who built their own damn character, everyone else either had my or the GM's assistance. Guess which characters survive longer in the fights every single time?
>>
>>47919990
I can talk for days about a lot of DSP stuff, but I also have a lot to say about many 3PP. I just wanted to see if I could start discussions on some of the less popular 3PP, so forgive the shilling please?
>>
>>47919984
I love my life very much.
>>
>>47919858

>personal bond and the damage could never be undone

I think he was talking about the knight and his fiancé, not anon and the character.

The damage thing was odd, but it seemed less "you sullied her imaginary body" and more "you revealed your power level in the worst way possible."

I mean, I'd be angry too if the DM inserted a guro fetish into their campaign by butchering my character's dad, and it's not just because the dad got sexually slaughtered.
>>
>>47919998
i have no idea desu.

>>47920007
i said i was just kidding

>>47920008
how do you do it
>>
>>47919993
At this point, I'm just planning on doing player stuff, although plans for more hybrids for things compatible with Starfinder are first on my priority list.
>>
>>47920008
>doesn't bathe in self-hatred and scorn all day every day
Normie get out REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Is using poison considered evil in pathfinder?
>>
>>47920024
Richey?
>>
>>47920021
Do you have any insider access to starfinder to inform your future writing plans?

What kind of player stuff? I know I would like to see vigilante and spiritualist stuff.
>>
>>47919971
At first glance the Gambler seems to have a high optimization floor, but a low ceiling.

PP is effectively infinite, which is great, but your odds of hitting double or nothing with a BAB15 aren't great, and at best you're doing what, a crystalline-needle composite with a souped-up energy ray?

That's down in the "optimized a repeating crossbow" land of meh.

Meanwhile GMs and CRBtards will scream about how overpowered it is because around 7th you might start healing infinite HP.
>>
>>47920043
i'm sure a CG character could get away with it
>>
>>47919999
Pyrokineicist needs a game where the GM knows you're a huge piece of trash if you fight normal enemies. You need someone running who knows fire resistance shouldn't be given to everything. There's some CR 3 creatures with fire immunity.
>>
>>47920043
Poison use is generally considered evil if it does stat damage.
>>
>>47920052
I wish, I'm not sure who gets access to SF stuff at the moment, although if Legendary Games gets in on a playtest, I'll be impossibly happy. And also I'm currently working on some vigilante stuff as we speak, including an archetype to play without dual identity so you can play it like a normal class.
>>
File: you.gif (480 KB, 493x342) Image search: [Google]
you.gif
480 KB, 493x342
>>47920043
No.

>>47920069
>.jif
>>
>>47920082
>including an archetype to play without dual identity so you can play it like a normal class.
Sold
>>
>>47920069
If i wanted to use the steel serpent discipline from Path of War, should i stay away from the stings and prana's then, if i was hoping to play a good character?
>>
>>47920055
Anyone who bases their damage calcs off the CRB is never going to be happy. Gambler both has a solid balance in power as well as a fun mechanic, making it one awesome addition to the game.
>>
Looks like things are going well.

In the meantime, thanks for the story requests/ideas from last thread, and I'm still open to those if folks have more. I won't promise to write any in particular, but I've got page space to fill dammit.
>>
>>47920106
guys

what if i took this feat.

"Dangerous Tail (Combat)

Prerequisite(s): Base attack bonus +5, Lizardfolk.

Benefit(s): You gain a tail swipe attack. If used as part of a full-attack action, the attack is made at your full base attack bonus – 5. If the tail swipe hits, it deals 1d4 points of damage (assuming you are Medium) + 1/2 your Strength modifier. If you confirm a critical hit against a target with your tail swipe, as a free action you can attempt a trip combat maneuver against that target."

and simply said 'YA'LL JUST GOTTA HAVE A TAIL TO TAKE THIS'
>>
>>47920122
What do you have so far?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (39 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
39 KB, 1280x720
>>47919529
>Improvisational Expert (Ex): A night terror is an expert at using anything around him to his advantage, striking deadly blows with mundane objects and using his location to incredible effect. At 1st level, a night terror becomes proficient with improvised weapons, and as such does not take the normal –4 penalty on attack rolls for using them.
>At 8th level, the night terror can weaponize the environment around him; he can make attacks with unattended objects within his reach as if he was wielding them, regardless of whether or not his hands are full or what he’s otherwise wielding. This ability only gives him the ability to attack with objects around him; it does not grant him the ability to make additional attacks, nor is he considered to have extra “hands” for the purposes of fighting with two weapons.
>At 15th level, the night terror is so adept at using whatever is at hand to fight that he can strike opponents with objects nearby by throwing or ricocheting things into them. He can make attacks with any unattended objects within 30 feet of him against targets that are adjacent to or sharing a space with the objects. These are treated as attacks with thrown weapons, though he need not have the objects on hand, does not take the normal –4 penalty for shooting into melee, and treats the object’s space as the attack’s origin for the purposes of determining cover and concealment. He must have line of effect to both the object and the target to make an attack in this way.

NEAT!
>>
File: uuhhh.jpg (12 KB, 127x181) Image search: [Google]
uuhhh.jpg
12 KB, 127x181
>>47920061
You don't even know the half of it.
>15pb
>8 players
>5 of them are very new, as in this is their first PF experience
>the other three of us are a slayer, an alchemist, and myself
>at least the cleric has played 3.5 some
>I helped the witch (who was previously a druid and died to death) and the barbarian build their characters
>everyone else has the GM's fingers in their pie

I've been straight-up cheesed out of fights with suddenly-collapsing tunnels, a panicky war horse, and being straight-up swarmed by goblins because I spend all of my acquired money on scrolls of color spray, just so we can try to survive the fights he's making us fight.

The kineticist doesn't even factor into it.

Oh, yeah, and we're level 2 as of the 13th encounter.
>>
>>47920147
I thought one of the assumptions of the 3e XP curve was that you'd level up every 13 encounters. Obviously Pathfinder changed a few things, but...
>>
File: Penguins.jpg (38 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Penguins.jpg
38 KB, 1024x576
>>47920133
Well other than the fact that horse tails and the like would be useless at it...

I'd want to apply it to mine too
>>
>>47920147
13th encounter?
Only level 2?

GM is cheating.
CHEATING.
>>
>>47920061
>>47920147
Honestly, I've got to disagree, you guys give the kineticist, particularity the pyrokineticist, way too much flack. I played a straight pyrokineticist from levels 1-16 in Mummy's Mask, and I never had an issue. Fire resistance and immunity weren't really an issue past low levels, since I always had something to do instead, mainly Flash Infusion at really high DCs. At no point in time did I ever regret playing it and I was able to contribute in ever fight. That said, most of the other players were not running superoptimized characters so I'm sure that contributed.
>>
File: 1455057011986.jpg (139 KB, 710x1000) Image search: [Google]
1455057011986.jpg
139 KB, 710x1000
Someone told me I couldn't build a flintlock samurai beyond just taking quickdraw, but I totally can. But I need a little help.

Okay. The DSP Warlord can stack both Desperado and Privateer. This gets him gun proficiency, reloading stuff, no stat-to-damage sadly, and something that counts as Dazzling Display. You lose your gambit recovery, but you still keep gambits, and importantly since you can exchange gambits for ploys you can just turn both your starting gambits into the ploy that gives you gambits that recover a single maneuver, so that's not so bad.

But we're not going to do that, /pfg/, we have PLANS. Instead we're going to take Weapon Focus at level 1 (I know, but just wait), exchange one of our starting gambits for the Gun Training ploy, which gets us Extra Grit (I hate Grit so much, what the fuck do you USE it for?) and a grit feat of our choice. This feat will be Gun Twirling.

Gun Twirling allows you to feint with guns, which we won't ever do because we know Tempest Gale anyway, but more importantly it lets you holster guns as a free action.

Our other gambit we exchange for the Sea Combat ploy, which does something so breathtakingly weird I can't believe nobody ever talks about it: it makes guns into melee weapons. In EVERY WAY. They use Strength or Dexterity for attack and bonus damage, benefit from melee feats and abilities, do not benefit from ranged-only feats and abilities, don't provoke attacks of opportunity, the whole shebang. They're essentially touch-AC sledgehammers.

There's another ploy - need a bonus feat or gambit slot to grab it - that lets us draw and fire a firearm any time we full-attack in melee, with no penalty. Now Privateers want to dual wield, but Gun Twirling lets us sheathe freely, so that's just a free attack.

So in melee range, our guns can now sheathe as free actions, Quick Draw will let us draw them again, and they work just fine for Mithral Current, and...

...that's as far as I got, /pfg/. Help?
>>
>>47920136
> Merg story
> Villain story
> Comedy of errors leads to fatalities
> Aftermath of high-level adventurers fighting
> "Tiefling nuns"
>>
>>47920195
I'm not saying that the pyro is TERRIBLE, I'm saying the fact that fire resistance being handed out like candy is terrible. The pyro just manages to suffer in that in the later levels...and the early ones too if the monsters are particularly fire resistant.
>>
>>47919743
There already were grippli you fucks
>>
>>47920100
The fact that this isn't a default option is a shame. Although I get that they want to 'force' the roleplay, vigi talents are just good enough to want to play the class to play a less janky fighter.
>>
>>47920229
>there's only one type of frog
>>
>>47920213
Alrighty then. I'm requesting there be at least one kidnapping, and a horrific mage creation somewhere along the lines. Not necessarily related.
>>
>>47920178
word twisty but the intent is very clear.
>>
>>47920235
You already can just play the class without the social talents. They shouldn't get replaced by anything that isn't fluff though.
>>
>>47920229
>grippli
>6rp
>a playable race

nigga what?
>>
>>47920257
To be fair, there's a few non fluff things that work with it, access to a few social talents that aren't that bad, and some mechanical stuff like the scrying trickiness. But I agree, I'm not giving a bonus vigilante talent for taking off the mask.
>>
>>47920133
Depends? Even tiny cat tails?
>>
>>47920313
hm, probably not, but Tieflings should be able to.
>>
>>47920260
>rp
retard detected
>>
>>47920176
>>47920191
That would make sense against APL = CR encounters.

These are more like APL+3 encounters, yet we're getting far less xp than we should when almost every enemy has PC class levels and wbl.

Even with 8 players, more than half the party going down every fight is not okay at 1st level. We have yet to finish an encounter in one go, because we end up needing to run and regroup for a day. According to the CRB, an average encounter should use 1/4th the party's resources, not 1/2-3/4 the party's health.
>>
>>47920260
Hm. I think they'd be good if given either Powerful Build or 30ft speed, in addition to the regular traits (that you trade out for Glider and Jumper obviously).
>>
>>47920431
Grippli already has 30 ft speed despite being small

honestly they should just get that tongue feat they have for free and then they'd be awesome.
>>
>>47920454
Oh shit, I misread their speed. I didn't even see that they had a climb speed and blanked, thinking it just said 'speed 30ft'. Grippli do seem fine then. Their ability to jump as if running and then glide is practically a pseudo-flight.
>>
>>47920485
And by 'speed 30ft' I meant I thought it said 'speed 20ft'.
>>
>>47919608
So did DSP have any hand in making the psionic part of the Cerulean Seas setting, or in the design of the Aquanaut? Or was it all Alluria?
>>
>>47920485
>>47920629
>tries to shit on Paizo material
>outsts himself as a retard immediately after
Sounds about right for /pfg/.

>>47920658
Alluria.
>>
>>47920310
How go the updates to the kineticist guide? Haven't checked in a week or two and just wondering how it's been going, the 3pp section looked great when I saw it so I have high hopes.
>>
File: 1466399491675.jpg (136 KB, 900x1350) Image search: [Google]
1466399491675.jpg
136 KB, 900x1350
>>
>>47920658
It was Alluria I think. But the stuff in the book is very neat. Especially the Aquanaut. The book credits DSP in the "Thanks" section, but no DSP author is in the designer credits.
>>
>>47919689
Could you give me the name of the artist who drew the cute drow in one of the Kineticist of Porphyra books? I forgot which one, I think it was 2 or 3.
>>
>>47920707
>giving you autists personal information
Because that's never ended badly before.
>>
>>47920669
You're being unnecessarily mean for one mistake.
>>
>>47920732
It's perfectly necessary to discourage that anon and others from opening their mouths before they think.
>>
>>47920721
I just want to see if he drew any other cute drow!
>>
>>47919805
If you play the alien merfolk dudes they describe in the outer worlds book then you do have +Int merfolk already made. Most people haven't even read that book though.
>>
>Starting Skulls and Shackles soon
>party so far is: Warlord (potentially Bannerman) Pirate Captain type, Steelfist Commando punchyfist, Zweihander Sentinel tank, and Vitalist healstick
>fifth party member wants to play a gunslinger. Not the class specifically, but a gun user
>Doesn't want to go Kaigun because they did that in another game recently, Gunsmoke Mystic is complicated as fuck, and normal Gunslinger is shit
What do /pfg/? Currently they're thinking Bushwhacker because they like Kobolds, and while I respect that choice and reasoning I feel like they'll underperform when compared to the rest of us.
>>
>>47920485
> taking any alternate racial trait other than Princely
>>
>>47920934
Privateer Warlord and Privateer Stalker is right up their alley.
>>
>>47920964
you only take that if you're being frog
>>
>>47920892
>If you play the alien merfolk dudes they describe in the outer worlds book then you do have +Int merfolk already made.

Where is this?
>>
>>47920204

Quick Draw + Mixed Combat can be better than Gun Twirling, probably.

>>47920122

A guy who wants to punch a particular god. Not kill, but punch. Why? You tell me!

I also wouldn't mind some stories from the point of view of some of the traditions you've written up (I like Rumor and the glass knight lady)!
>>
>>47921141
> Rumor

Wish granted: http://dreamscarred.com/path-of-war-expanded-quid-nomen-mihi-est/
>>
>>47920106
Only retarded people think poison is intrinsically evil. Tell your gm that you're not playing a paladin and also to die in an aids fire.
>>
>>47920204
With Sea Combat, do you need to have Weapon Finesse to use dex with your guns in melee? Furthermore, if you have a strength penalty, does it reduce their damage? The wording suggests so, but that's also retarded.
>>
>>47920069
>>47920106
Poison use isn't intrinsically evil. Murder is, and poison is a pretty common murder weapon.

Poisons that cause stat damage are no worse than any other ability that causes stat damage, and you should slap anyone who tells you otherwise.
>>
>>47921141
>>47921174
I'm heading to bed but I am, as always, taking feedback if you or anyone else has any.
>>
File: f15.png (244 KB, 854x724) Image search: [Google]
f15.png
244 KB, 854x724
How do I convince a DM to run a game with an all-monstergirl party?
>>
Remove all immunities, instead continue using resistances
>>
>>47921303
consult with other players

get them to agree

Ask DM as a group
>>
Man I really need a game. Anyone have an open spot? I'm desperate man.
>>
>>47921358
Anon keeps saying most games recruit through the IRC these days. Go make friends with those fags.
>>
>>47920043
It'd be really stupid if that were the case, so probably.
>>
>>47921373
I'm gonna be honest with you man. I have no idea what IRC channel /pfg/ uses and such. I never use IRC.
>>
>>47921381
Me either, we've reached the end of the advice I can offer.
>>
>>47921358
how desperate
>>
>>47921358
I wish I had a game, I was supposed to have one but it kind of fell through but I hope that when the semester starts I'll have one. I'm strangely fine with it since my girlfriend comes down most weekends or I go up to visit her.
>>
>>47921381
>no idea what irc channel /pfg/ uses
>hasn't tried #pfg

Damn, son.

irc.rizon.net
come join us, faggot
>>
>>47921393
I'd even join a fetish bait game at this point.
>>
>>47921415
i mean, my group is probably able to recruit, though you may not be able to jump in for another session and we're pretty deep in.

we're playing a gestalt game for now (and I kinda wanna keep playing Gestalt... Its fun! Character concepts get crazy!)
>>
>>47921426
Man I hate Gestalt, but I'd try it. What level?
>>
>>47921435
we're about to crack level 10. We play saturday nights.
>>
Hey guys. I'm thinking about what character to make for my friend's upcoming campaign. We have a barbarian, the other players are not guaranteed on what they're making, so I was thinking of making a rogue. I posted a thread earlier and apparently rogue is a really meh class. Thoughts or alternatives?
>>
>>47921486
Unchained Rogue.
>>
>>47921486
Unchained Rogue or Slayer
>>
>>47921476
Can't saturdays, ah well.
>>
>>47921515
nuts. Sorry friend.
>>
>>47921491
>>47921507
How are they better? I know Unchained has the weapon finesse by default, so what else is better?
>>
>>47921545
literally in every way.
>>
>>47921551
Like how? Examples would be nice.
>>
>>47921545
Unchained Rogue is basically straight-up upgrade. Better sneak attack, better skills due to unlocks and just generally better class features. Slayer is a more martially focused rogue - you don't lose much when it comes to skills and you're straight-up better in combat thanks to full BAB. There's also investigator and alchemist - investigator is basically the ultimate skill monkey class and alchemist with the right archetypes can do everything a rogue can do while still having extracts and mutagen.
>>
>Building Geralt of Rivia
>level 12
>Alchemist Toxicant 4/Slayer 8

>Discoveries
Mutagen/Infusion

>Slayer Talents
Uses them for Minor Magic

This is the best I can get to get close to Geralt. The race choice is difficult to find a human mutant similar to Geralt. The feats are easy to write and skill choices just have to be based on the game.
>>
>>47921591
There's also the Sandman Bard Archetype for a better rogue,
>>
>>47921591
Vigilantes make better rogues too actually.
>>
>>47921613
I personally went for tiefling for witchers
>enhanced senses with darkvision
>Smarter than the average bear
>increased dexterity
>problems with emotional expression
>Immune to a fair number of things that target basic humans due to lacking the humanoid subtype
>Decent resistance to most elements
>take the Underworld Guide racial trait to trade away that spell-like and be better able to evade traps and stuff

There's some discrepancies, but it's close.
>>
>>47921658
Makes sense. Though Geralt isn't a genius. I don't think he has a racial +2 int. He seems like a wisdom guy to me. Qlippoth born might may more sense for abilities.
>>
>>47921702
He's not really wise - as established by his rampant horniness and lack of thought for consequences a lot of the time - but he is extremely learned. He has encyclopedic knowledge of a huge variety of monsters, and in the books he taught chemistry for a while at Oxenfurt.
>>
File: 1466652909150.jpg (34 KB, 426x341) Image search: [Google]
1466652909150.jpg
34 KB, 426x341
How do I stat pic related?
>>
>>47919668
Why hasn't anyone called him out on his shit?
>>
>>47921713
True, perhaps Cha instead though. Seems to me like someone simply with knowledge lore or a similar ability. He has some inquisitor like traits. It's too bad VMC inquisitor doesn't give Monster Lore. Studied target does help though.
>>
>>47921197
Yes and probably yes, but using your Strength BONUS for damage is also kinda weird. I imagine it's like you shove the gun into their gut really hard before firing.

I would say it's probably too feat-heavy to go for a Dexterity-melee-gun build unless you're using the Feat Tax stuff, or gestalted or something.

>>47921141
You're probably right. Bushi can actually combine with Privateer as well; you have to wait longer to get your sheathing, but you don't need it that much early and if you have access to advanced firearms ever you can just take Rapid Reload and put an end to the loading problem. Or carry a lot of weapons. Or...

...man, I'm tired. I don't know, guys. Does this thing even make sense? Sea Combat is awesome and Mithral Current is cool as hell but I feel like...maybe I should just be a regular pirate-samurai via bushi and privateer. I don't know if the guns are really doing anything except letting me be ranged sometimes. Touch attacks seemed cool and Sneak Shot has potential definitely, but you can Sneak Shot as a bushi straight up and I don't know what to do to make it shine. It's criminal that you can't do bushi-privateer-stalker to be a pirate-samurai-ninja, but whatever.

Oh, general DSP feedback: the names of Fool's Errand maneuvers are ON POINT. One thing I feel like DSP struggles with sometimes compared to Tome of Battle is naming maneuvers - but I play Exalted so I'm incredibly spoiled. But Fool's Errand is really, really good in that department. Great stuff.

Probably needs bonus damage on some of those maneuvers, though. Even with the falling damage it's very light for a discipline that mostly only has "soft" crowd control. Really huge no-damage flurries are okay, and there's a lot of attack-y boosts, but they could use some gentle tuning up on the strikes. Just gentle stuff. Maybe half progression compared to standard. Just my opinion.
>>
File: 1466523677111.jpg (141 KB, 923x865) Image search: [Google]
1466523677111.jpg
141 KB, 923x865
Would you use these codes?
>>
>>47921905
Maybe if it was a plane-hopping game with an arcane explorer's guild centerpiece or something? Some of them are okay for general use but you need to explain where the marks are coming from and why the PCs know them. If it was 5E we could call it Thieves' Cant.

SCP stuff is pretty autistic usually so I try not to reference it.
>>
>>47922092
>Some of them are okay for general use but you need to explain where the marks are coming from and why the PCs know them

It started among actual soldiers, then when they sought to retire from duty but not from the thrill of combat and the promises of glory and gold, they went adventuring, where they taught it to their fellow compatriots - fellow mercenaries who taught to their own novices, until it became a common language to many adventurers throughout the land.
>>
>>47921726
A spheres of power fullcaster. Specialize in Alteration.

Every single trait you take is Extra Arms.
>>
>idly type in some numbers doo de doo

>clickity clack

>if I make my character a Crossblooded Aquatic/Draconic Sorc/Barbarian i start with -1 to my will saves

> 0 if i take a trait to offset

I can't see this going poorly.
>>
> Want to play knight in shining armor
> End up creating a Shaman Daoshi master instead

What am I doing with my life?
>>
Oh hey the MTT is on Mega

Well there goes my sleep.
>>
>>47922308
Remember to be a male catfolk with 20 Charisma and 5 Wisdom so you can be mind controlled into a subservient maid.
>>
>>47922387
sorry, instead you get a slightly insane Merfolk.

and i'd never dump wis to 5. Only to 7.
>>
>>47922308
>Sorc/Barb
Gestalt?
>>
>>47922308
> Sorc/Barbarian
Why not just play Bloodrager..?
>>
>>47922403
Gestalt

>>47922407
Because Gestalt.

This way i am basically making Bloodrager. GOD MODE edition

Way more spells, way more rage.

I think i calculated i'll be hitting around 50 strength later in the game.
>>
>>47921176
>Only retarded people think poison is intrinsically evil.
Literally melt someone's face off with acid? No problem. Burn them to ash while they scream in agony? Nope, fine by me. Strip them of their free will and force them to obey your every whim? Nothing wrong with that. Use plant juice to make them weak? YOU EVIL MOTHERFUCKER!

On a side-note, I think it's a little odd how most gamers always just gloss over the absolute horror that it must be to watch a blaster mage in action. Nobody ever thinks about what those elemental spells look like to the people on the battlefield, since it's all just numbers to us... but that shit would be absolutely terrifying, even if the mage doing it is on your side.
>>
>>47922747
To us, sure.

In a world where it's about as common as murder by blade? I can't see why they'd react to it any more strongly.
>>
>>47922784
Murder by blade doesn't literally melt a person's flesh off. It's not the "somebody died" part, it's the "somebody died in a way that is visually horrific and audibly torturous". It's easy to gloss over that sort of thing, but it's not the same at all. Even if it is as common, the psychological effect is much stronger.

Even if you argue that adventurers would eventually get used to that kind of horror, there's the fact that someone so jaded that something like that doesn't phase them is not going to be a healthy person, mentally speaking.

We all joke about murderhobos and shit, but I'd like to see an actual serious take on the kind of psychological trauma that even a fairly simple low level adventuring party would suffer through.
>>
>>47922848
>good-aligned blasters practice to make their fireballs as hot as possible, so as to incinerate the enemy before they feel too much pain
>>
>>47922848
Well... corrosive blade or flaming blade aren't exactly common in that world...
>>
I've got a 9 person game coming up and the DM has just recently informed me that my magic hating Inquisitor (who is trying to use his own magic to stop people from using magic, he's not the brightest) is going to be in the same party as all of the casters.

Oh boy.
>>
>>47922989
It's okay. One of the kitsune boy will use his magical fluffy tail to make the inquisitor like magic again.
>>
>>47923023
Sounds reasonable.
>>
So I'm running a group of 4 fifth level players (Half-Orc Druid, Human Necromancer, Human Samurai and Halfling Rogue).

Players requested the introduction of a reoccurring villain. So I'm going to have the players encounter a pair of bounty hunters (the samurai is wanted) that will show up from time to time.

Was thinking of building the bounty hunters as a brother/sister tag team, of sorts. Was going to have the sister be the main tank (Fighter 6/Rouge 2) and the brother be her support (Sorcerer 5/Cleric 2).

Any advice for builds for these NPCs? Looking to make their first encounter fairly lethal.
>>
File: sam.gif (1022 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
sam.gif
1022 KB, 500x250
>>47923139
just ignore things like class levels and rules and turn the Samurai character into Jetstream Sam.
>>
>>47923139
Instead of Fighter/Rogue... Go with Slayer? It already has a Bounty hunter archetype too.

Want kind of "support" do you want the brother to be? Why level in 5 Sorcerer?
>>
>>47923139
Steelbloodrager and Skald.
>>
>>47923139
Why those multiclass combinations in particular? Do you have a specific build?
>>
>>47923197
>Want kind of "support" do you want the brother to be?

Was aiming for blaster/healer/buff character.

>Why level in 5 Sorcerer?
Figured the instant spellcasting would be preferred to a wizard in, effectively a 2 person party.
>>
Why do Paizo books look so fucking good
>>
>>47923212
>Why those multiclass combinations in particular?
Was aiming for a front line combatant who could dish out loads of damage and someone to buff/heal her and act as a blaster.

>Do you have a specific build?
Not yet. Working on that now.
>>
>>47923219
A better choice would be...
Flame Oracle? There should be a few more blast Oracle mystery too.
>>
>>47923333
Most multiclass build could be achieve with singleclass.

I still recommend steelblood bloodrager for your tank. What's the stat array and wealth are you going with? Average PC Wealth? Heroic NPC wealth?
>>
>>47923314
Because they have an actual budget for things like art and layout, instead of relying on the lowest bidder or self-work. Makes their editing even less excusable
>>
>>47923368
>What's the stat array and wealth are you going with?

I guess, heroic npc wealth (~8k gp worth). Was planning on having 'em use some magic gear, of course.
>>
Ask the anon who bought Freeport The City of Adventure for 134 dollarydoos anything
>>
>>47923438
>>
>>47923443
At least it's better than Golarion
>>
>>47923420
Definately going with singleclass for the sister.
If you want a tracker, Slayer or Ranger work.

Actually seeing that their party has 3 human (counting half-orc)... A Ranger with favored enemy human work be hilarious against them.

If you want to emphasis on teamwork... Double Inquisitor work too.

The sister is the melee inquisitor and the brother is a monster tactician abusing, summoning stuff with teamwork feat that help his sister.
>>
>>47922919
>Several good-aligned blaster styles argue the other methods are far too cruel to use

>The Force users view Cold as a vicious, destructive way of killing, and like to point out that lasers leave horrifying festering burn-wounds sure to infect when not a kills with through-vital criticals

>Flame users argue theirs is the cleanest, with the highest temperatures simply killing, not wounding. Other camps like to remind them of screaming dancing dying fire-people-that-were-not-supposed-to-be-fire

>Sonic users claim they can put people to sleep kindly, or to simply disintegrate them. Rumors of being shaken to death like a newborn halfling maraca'd by a giant are surely much exaggerated!

>Electrical blasters like to claim they can taze and do nonlethal takedowns. Everyone else calls it torture.
>>
>>47923456
That's... that's not a selling point. "Come to _____, at least we're not Somalia!"
>>
>>47923482
That's fucking racist
>>
>>47923438
Is it a good setting for a virgin GM? I want to try GMing a game, but my players already knew everything about Golarion...

Also is there an "adventure path" type of thing for freeport?
>>
>>47923512
Oh shush, no one asked you to make arguments that no one believes.
>>
>>47923512
"Come to _____, at least we're Chechen" then
>>
File: 1425757168616.jpg (124 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
1425757168616.jpg
124 KB, 540x720
What sort of level distribution do you guys use for building NPC's? A level 1 Commoner is generally taken to be the normal peasant, but how believable is it in the end? Surely there are peasants who fought in their lord's army, or other professions like sailors which are known for being hardy and getting into fights. And if the typical raw recruit is a Level 1 Warrior, then what about units like Triari, old hoplites, or Caesar's veterans?

How do you represent those mundane people who are not mundane enough to slap with the Level 1 Commoner/Warrior label? Do you maintain a level range accessible to "common people", such as Level 1 through 5?
>>
>>47923575
Level is a meta concept. Not all level 1 PC is "fresh off the village".
>>
Does anyone have that tier-based gestalt thing that got posted way back?
>>
>>47923620
don't remember exactly, but was something like:
T2 can have a T6 gestalt, T3 can have T5, T4/T4
or something like that, I think.
>>
>>47923620
What? 1st and 2nd tier don't gestalt, 3rd with 6, and 4th and 5th?
>>
>>47923575
I give raw recruits a single level of unarchetyped Fighter. Reasonably trained NPCs get full initiator levels.
>>
I remember that there is "fake heavy armor" made out of painted bamboo. Anyone remember the name of the item?
>>
>>47923779
Mock armour.
>>
Been reading bestiary 5. We really need to either rename, redefine or just remove the outsider type. It's used for everything from the outer planes and inner planes (what, do no other types exist there?), and lots of things from the material plane. Nature spirits (e.g. kami, manitou, wakandagi, etc) are outsiders, despite not having any ties to the outer or inner planes. The aoandon is the ghost of a wronged woman but is an outsider, not undead.

Don't give me crap about having to rewrite stat blocks. That's a relic of the autist type-as-class garbage we threw out in Unchained. Just change the type line and ignore the rest.
>>
>>47923844
One of the problems is that depending on the setting, things like Fey would actually be considered a subtype of outsider.
>>
>>47923844
Honestly the typings tend to be shit. The difference between magical beasts, animals, and monstrous humanoids are up to the designer, much like outsider and undead as you noted.
>>
>>47922989
>9 person game

Why? Do you enjoy not getting a second turn in combat? Within the same hour as the first?
>>
>>47923794
Thanks
>>
>Unironically wanting to make a fucking white male

[angry beatboxing]
>>
>>47923844
The Monsters of Porphyra books added a new spirit type and template, finally making spirits into a game mechanic after how many other rules referred to spirits.
>>
>>47923863
>>47923856
Agreed. The types should be pruned. All creatures basically fall into either animated thingies, beasties, folks, plain old monsters, and spiritual mumbojumbo.
>>
>>47923915
Undead is good, aberration isn't. That'd be much better as a subtype. I feel like vermin is a shit type too.
>>
>>47923915
Isn't that what 4e did and everyone hated it?
>>
>>47923950
ayup.
>>
>>47923893
What, it's too special snowflake for you?

Just because straight white human males that were born human males and don't loath their own bodies for being such are the rarest thing on Golarion?
>>
>>47923950
Nobody hated 4e because of the new type mechanic. They hated it because of other things, like the classes.
>>
>>47923893
>>47923971
Oh shush, nobody is saying you can't play white and/or male characters.
>>
>>47924001
They aren't saying it, but they're damn well implying it with how many special snowflake tri-gender Ogrekin trans-nigger characters there are.
>>
>>47923893
I'm Asian. Is it okay for me to play a straight white male character? Dune Drifter Cavalier for maximum cowboy
>>
>>47924066
No they aren't, you're just trying to find a reason to be triggered.
>>
>>47924096
Only if you give them a Texan accent.
>>
>>47923575
I create a statistical distribution model for levels. A dumbass, 16 year old kid with no experience who's wasted his life is a level 1 commoner. Anyone who has at any point dedicated themselves to a trade either has a class level or is an expert.

I then assume that in any body of a million individuals, you will have this number of people of a certain level:
1: 580138
2: 270600
3: 104525
4: 33592
5: 7985
6: 2072
7: 634
8: 282.75
9: 116.5
10: 36
11: 10.68
12: 4.125
13: 1.7
14: 0.63
15: 0.286
16: 0.128
17: 0.065
18: 0.024
19: 0.010
20: 0.002

Therefore in a city of, say, 5 million people, you will ON AVERAGE have 1 level 15 person, 3 level 14, 8 level 13, ect. Of course, you also have to keep in mind that cities will attract more higher level individuals than rural areas, so they may skew a bit in favor of higher levels. That goes double for major population centers like capital cities.
>>
>>47924148
What's your sub-distribution in regards to classes within each level range?
>>
>>47924096
we give you permission

nah I don't give a fuck do whatever you want
>>
Can Psychic reading spell reveal Vigilante class? Assuming that the vigilante doesn't have Anyman social talent yet.
>>
>>47924177
There were quite a few people who could figure out who batman was.

They usually just didn't say anything "for reasons".

... continuity tends not to be DC's greatest asset.
>>
>>47924112
And even then only if it's a horrific 3rd rate tv-anime kind of Texan accent.
On the bright side, you get a free pass on creepy little girls.
>>
>>47924166
I do not enforce one, simply because the actual classes tend to be based on an individual's career choice, and depending on the region one career may be more dominant than another. For example, in a city famous for its magical academies, Wizard is a relatively common class, albeit they are mostly level one and two wizards. In a highly militaristic society, you'd have more fighters and initiators.

But if you held a gun to my head and said "We're talking ON AVERAGE. Be CONSISTENT" I'd base it on tier. Most individuals are Tier 6 and 5, with logarithmic decay beyond that.
>>
>>47924188
I always enjoyed in 2039, Gordon's grandson finds his computer with his files on the Batman cases, and he tries a multitude of passwords until he eventually tries 'Bruce Wayne'
>>
What are some fun spirit/hex combo I can do with Shaman?

Fluid Magic + Flame Curse for Fireball spam?
Life Life + Shared Sacrifice?
>>
>>47924096
I can't believe this is a question we even have to ask these days.
Whatever happened to roleplaying?
>>
>>47924101
>No they aren't

A casual stroll through the Roll20 applications tends to show a trend to make things that aren't human, and if they are human than either Asian or female.
>>
What's generally better for metapsionics; Empower or Maximize?

I'm thinking the dynamics may be different when you have to expend focus to use one.

How about twin concussive onslaughts or the like?
>>
>>47924672
It's not really, I've played with some pretty extreme special snowflake sjw tumblr fags, and no one has given a shit regardless of how I've played.

And I've played a pretty wide variety of races, ages and genders. I think a 16 year old black girl straight up to a 54 year old italian man.
>>
Don't hide it from me, /pfg/.

Tell me about what kind of shitty gaming habits you have: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1vaLzJdBNqsE6QVzrkZhrVh9H_G5TM9YBJk5QM7ZcBto/viewform?c=0&w=1
>>
>>47919576
What ones do you like most? I made like half
>>
Can an Occultist with Telekinetic mastery use the Violent Thrust manoeuvre every round with a single activation of the ability?
>>
>>47924188
Depends.

Joker didn't care. His feud is with Batman, he knows "Bruce Wayne" is just a mask the Batman wears.

Riddler knows, but he doesn't say anything because there's no point in a riddle if everybody knows the answer.
>>
>>47924857
Consider yourself lucky. I had a female player go off into some pseudofeminist bitchfit because one of the other (male) players wanted to play a female character.
>>
>>47925002
Did he end up playing the character?

Did you end up kicking her out?
>>
>>47925002
That must be pretty rare. I've played in lots of groups with sjws and nobody brings shit up. Even offensive orcs-are-native-americans stereotype shit I accidentally did as a DM went by with enthusiastic participation from people who I later saw chewing out others online for much less egregious cases of stereotyping and cultural appropriation shit. Two are even metis apparently. I felt like an asshole but they loved it so whatever. How do you even sell Pathfinder sj politics as a serious concept? It's a goofy tabletop game where you're encouraged to play as a murderhobo totally unlike yourself.
>>
>>47925247
>How do you even sell Pathfinder sj politics as a serious concept?

Paizo tries really hard.
>>
>>47925247
You don't. The people who do are bizarre by the standards of even the bizarre, and best avoided.
>>
>>47925076
He never came back for another session. Which was a shame, I liked him much more than I liked her.
The entire thing fell apart a few months later because nobody's schedules could work.
>>
>>47923661
That should really read Warrior, for raw recruit. Unless they are dedicated to fighting and soldiery and make it their life, they are just warriors. Chumps.
>>
>>47924890
there you go senpai
>>
>>47925466
>tfw the average town guard in my setting is at a minimum a level 3 Myrmidon fighter.
>>
>>47925247
I don't know, but somehow they do.
>>
> Play class that can cure
> Party immediately regard me as healbot
> Complain when I don't prepared Cure spell in all my spell slot
>>
>>47925621

Do they not understand that a Cleric can spontaneously convert a prepared spell into a cure spell?
>>
>>47925621
Are you playing cleric? You know you can spontaneously cast cure spells instead of a different prepared spell, right?
>>
>>47925621
Explain to them that every time you need to use a cure spell, it's because they are worthless incompetents who allowed the damage to happen.

If the DPS wasn't shit at its job, there'd be nothing left to cause any damage that needs healing.

VERY FEW things (like the vitalist and even then) can even come close to healing the level of damage coming at your allies from even one enemy having a turn. Anytime you heal instead of kill something in battle, it's usually not a wise move, and at best a sign that something went very wrong (like the Blaster dropped because two white minions looked his way)
>>
Sorry for being like, three days late with naught to show for it, but after some drinking and talking with other nerds online, I've decided I want to commission something featuring Greta.

Anyone have any scene ideas?
>>
>>47925653
>>47925662
That's the problem.. I'm a Druid not a Cleric.

I would rather have spell like Thorny Entanglement or Euphoric Cloud with me.
>>
>>47925653
>>47925662
Could be Evangelist y'know.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.