[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do dragons marry?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: 1398905215672.jpg (115 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1398905215672.jpg
115 KB, 640x480
Do dragons marry?
>>
>>47911138
Probably not

Some might find it amusing though
>>
>>47911138
Only the sapient ones, and even then only if they've spent their formative age too near humanity and their natural mating behaviors are compatible with the idea.
>>
File: depends.jpg (33 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
depends.jpg
33 KB, 300x300
>>47911138
>>
>>47911138
It depends on how you like your dragons, of course. I think if they have really long life spans or are somewhat immortal than they would go through several mates, if only to keep themselves from getting bored.
If not and they were saptient, maybe. But I also doubt it because they might be too greedy to share.
>>
Eeeeyup. (pets dragon waifu)
>>
>>47911182
Marriage is a tradition best held by those with a life span under a century and a reproductive cycle even smaller.

I'm sure that dragons do have favored mates but after a brood grows that's a longer commitment than necessary and they benefit more from multiple breedings from different partners more than the security that a single pairing provides.
>>
>>47911138
No, marriage is such an obviously bad idea that only humans are dumb enough to do it.
>>
>>47911398
I think you would also have to take into account that dragons, being that they live for so long, procieve time differently. To them, a few decades seems more to what a few months would be to us. So chances are they'd have the same number of partners as mortal races do.
>>
File: DnDDraconomicon.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
DnDDraconomicon.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47911138
lawful dragons tend to marry

nutural dragons tend to have the same partners over and over again

chaotic dragons do as they please
>>
>>47911138
depends on the setting
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.