[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm currently drafting up my next campaign for my gr
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: ds01_feature.jpg (65 KB, 1050x300) Image search: [Google]
ds01_feature.jpg
65 KB, 1050x300
So I'm currently drafting up my next campaign for my group and I want to mix it up a little, I know 5th Edition as some modern tech items and what not but i was looking for something a little more flushed out.

Then I Found Dragonstar

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/dragonstar/

Has anyone had any experience with this RPG? but the looks of it I should be able to implement any of their maniacs right into my current world.

and by their summery it looks like it fits with most of the normal races within 5th.

Thoughts?
>>
Shamless Bump

I think I would go for an independence day type of set up tweek it a little, normal fantasy world where a small scout ship gets a little over zealous party's kingdom brings it down, and they now struggle to secure their plants sovereignty in the galactic community.
>>
>>47911174
>plants
Planets whoops
>>
>>47910892
>Has anyone had any experience with this RPG?
It's so fucking bad. Everything you'd imagine D&D in space to be.
>>
>>47911927
wow your helpful, did DnD kill your parents and kick your puppy?
>>
>>47911927
OP here, you mind going into a little more detail? if I tweek some rules you think I could get a workable game I'm basically just looking for some stats and mechanics I can work into 5th
>>
Anyone have any other experiences here?
>>
>>47910892
Might I ask why you're asking for D&D in space when there are thousands of sci-fi systems out there specifically made just for sci-fi?
>>
>>47914271
this is an on going campaign, my group just killed the latest calamity I cooked up and I thought it would be fun to throw them a curve ball, take these characters and see if old dogs can learn new tricks. Maybe I do have an Space itch. I'm open for suggestions on an Sci-fi Table top. if you think this is the wrong avenue to go on.

I just liked the idea of the current PC's learning new tech.
>>
>>47914848

If you're still here op, sounds fun, but you should probably check with your players before you swing a surprise change in game tone that big at them. If they're on board go for it, if not save the sword and planet for a new campaign.
>>
>>47914848
D&D 5th edition in space is definitely the wrong way to go in my eyes. If you have a space itch then go with a space system and just translate the PCs in to the other system so that when you show your players you've already eliminated part of the busywork for going to a new system.

Now, for the space itch you have to ask yourself what kind of space campaign are you looking for?

Something about action and adventure?

Something about trading?

Something about exploration?

Something about Transhumanism?

If you can think of a sci-fi thing that interests you chances are there's a good system for it, but just going with D&D in space is a pretty vague thing.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.