[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alcohol
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 11
File: g free by st peters.jpg (112 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
g free by st peters.jpg
112 KB, 640x640
Does your group drink alcoholic beverages during the game?

Do your PCs have favorite drinks that they always order?

Do you have a list of fun beers, meads and spirits for your game?
>>
More than half of my characters do not drink. The communist terrorist enjoys large amounts of home brewed gin though.
>>
>Does your group drink alcoholic beverages during the game?
Do we ever. The one highschooler in the group thinks we're alcoholics, but the truth of the matter is that we're just young white bachelors who can get away with a little heavy drinking every Friday and Saturday night.
>>
>>47910117
Isn't gin used by the capitalist roaders to oppress the proletariat?
>>
I like to drink and smoke weed when playing, but only do the smoking with the one of my groups that's full of pot smokers. Being the only high guy at the table is no fun for me.
>>
File: o.jpg (134 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
134 KB, 750x1000
>Have you ever drank Dragon's Milk...and survived?
>>
>>47910126
Thank you for stating that you are white, your post wouldn't have made sense without that
>>
>>47910237
>https://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/
>>
>>47910095
I like me some cider and my buddy's home-brewed ginger beer.
>>
>>47910095
I get wasted every game
>>I am the GM
>>
>>47910311
>Though very specific to white people who were going through an awkward phase in 1995 (basically anyone between eleven and forty), My So-Called Life’s resonance cannot be overstated. Simply say the words Jordan Catalano. Say them to any white woman, gay white male, or superconfident-in-his-sexuality, irony-loving straight white male, and watch them swoon. You seriously do not even need an explanation about the show. Actually, if someone asks your name, you should say it’s Jordan Catalano and that you’ve never heard of the show. You will be the hit of the party, provided you let everyone in on the joke by the middle of the evening. Otherwise you will probably be known as a self-centered, dyslexic jerk.
I am white, what the fuck is this?
>>
Beer is a creature comfort; it makes people more sociable. That really helps a roleplaying group as long as they don't get fall-down drunk.
>>
>>47910191
>Founders
my african brother
>>
>>47910529
It's New Holland brewing, not Founders.
>>
>Black Angel sour beer
>>
I regularly bring a few sixers of homebrew when I'm gaming in person. Of course, I can't seem to make anything below 10% abv and have about 30lbs on everyone in my group, so I always end up the only one sober.
>>
>>47910095
No, because underage drinking is no allowed.
>>
>>47910578
Oh, damn it. Brain said "Michigan" and I didn't fact-check.
>>
>>47910612
>but he posts on 4chan
>>
File: bourbon county 2013.jpg (69 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
bourbon county 2013.jpg
69 KB, 640x640
>>47910597
DIPAs and RISes? Nice.
>>
>Does your group drink alcoholic beverages during the game?
Yes, but only if someone else also drinks.
Just a couple of weeks ago I tried my hand at DMing. The players refused to stop at the end of the session, and one had the clever idea to do a beer run to keep me placated as we ran a second one back to back.

>Do your PCs have favorite drinks that they always order?
No, but that's because the only campaign I've played in in the last couple of years didn't have a tavern scene or equivalent. The PCs taste probably wouldn't come up even if there was one.
>>
File: !hop city beer.jpg (83 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
!hop city beer.jpg
83 KB, 640x640
>>
>>47910126
>The one highschooler in the group thinks we're alcoholics,
It's hilarious how intelligent and observant high school kids THINK they are when the vast majority of them have next to no idea of what real life is actually like outside of high school due to high school not really preparing you for adulthood at all and is collectively sheltering them from the concept that actions have consequences.

That would be why most of them have lousy initial collate grades and go WAY into debt at first.
>>
I can't drink or be around drunk people. Just... No.
>>
>>47911867
>and go WAY into debt at first.
No, that's because the cost of post secondary education has been rising faster than inflation and minimum wage for decades.
>>
>>47910191
I have. Its some good shit. I usually stick with local porters and stouts. Sometimes a rum and coke.
>>
>>47910634
>Minimum age to post on 4chan: 18
>Minimum drinking age in US: 21

?????
>>
>>47911886
>>
File: masonsangria.jpg (52 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
masonsangria.jpg
52 KB, 900x506
>>47910095
I drink the fruitiest thing at the table, sipping on infusions when even the girls are going for Jameson. Hell, I usually play a bard too. Fuck it, I'm happy. You gotta own whatever you got, gents.
>>
>>47912338
Nothing wrong with fruity drinks. Theyre fucking delicious. Especially during the summer
>>
>>47912338
Sangria is awesome and angry conquistadors burned and raped entire civilizations while drinking it.
>>
>>47910332
That you Dan?
>>
My group moved from our (Notso)FLGS to a craft meadery that opened up in town a few years ago.
The meadery was joined by a craft brewery AND distillery.
Now, the group has 2-4 bottles of mead every game, on top of the 1-3 beers I have myself and the 1-2 mixed drinks that half the group (including myself) usually gets.
We get good, but half the group drives, so they can't get too sauced.
>>
>>47911769
I've been having a hell of a time getting my hands on 8th Sin around here, which has been pissing me and my buddies off.

As for alcohol and tabletop, depends on the situation. For board games, yes, almost everyone at the table is drinking. For our D&D sessions though, most anyone normally has is a beer or rarely two over the course of several hours. Two pots of coffee are typically consumed instead.
>>
>>47912988
You could go for the Rainhard Nosbeeratu instead.
>>
I've always wanted to try brewing my own mead but I have no idea where to start
>>
>>47913039
Local guys I sit with say 5lbs of honey, 5 gallons of water, add activated yeast, let sit for several weeks.
It's not high quality, but mead is actually incredibly simple.
>>
>>47910095
I once gave the dwarf paladin a chest filled with expensive liquor. It included a type of wine made by not!-Italians by running ice cold river water over the barrels, a magical dwarven bottle that actually carried more liquor than was actually possible because magic, some good whiskeys, and a couple of deep mountain fungus spirits.
I never got around to dictating everything in it, but it was an extensive amount of booze.
>>
>>47910095
Most of my characters are near alcoholic.

We had an alcoholic player at one point. He was fucking annoying.

I once tried DMing after half a bottle of vodka. It was really hard to concentrate, and I ended up falling asleep half-way through the session.

In general, I don't think alcohol improves role playing at all.
>>
>>47913759
>In general, I don't think alcohol improves role playing at all.
Getting drunk doesn't help, anon, and your whole "DMing after half a fifth of vodka" story just makes you look like an idiot.
A few drinks among friends is perfectly fine.
>>
We usually have a bear or two when we're gaming. Toughens you up.
>>
>>47910191
Fucking love dragon's milk
>>
>>47914679
Yesh, indeed.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.