[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I really want to get back into this. What would be a good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: image.png (537 KB, 400x580) Image search: [Google]
image.png
537 KB, 400x580
So I really want to get back into this. What would be a good starter deck or package or whatever to get me started?
>>
>>47907373
Nobody knows anything about yu gi oh here, so i recommend you to go to your LGS
>>
>>47907373
>So I really want to get back into this

no you dont the game is worse than ever
>>
>>47907581
>A magic player
>>
>>47907589
i played yugioh for like 2 years i know how bad it is
havent played magic in a long time
>>
>>47907603
What's so bad about it?
>>
>>47907373
You could buy a starter deck, or any structure deck. They all come with rulebooks.

Or you could just play it free online for practice, but that doesn't come with a rulebook.

>>47907581
t. retard
>>
>>47910561
Not the poster but the power Creep is INCREDIBLY noticeable. Also the format is pretty much whatever gazillion dollar deck is winning and typically the cards you need to even be slightly competitive will end up running you a few 100. Don't even get me started and the ban list that is basically whatever Konami deems to threatening to new archetypes
>>
>>47910680
So it's MTG but anime.
>>
>>47910680
wow, almosts sounds like a collectible cardgame.
>>
>>47910702
>MtG
>Powercreep
The only thing "powercreeped" is the general power level of vanilla creatures. Non-creature spells keep getting worse and worse, and effect creatures keep getting more safe and safe. Also Yugioh players can spend way under 100 USD for stuff like Monarchs and play competitively.
>>
>>47907373
Don't. The meta will leave you behind after one month of playing.
>>
>>47907373
Don't be surprised when you vomit when you see meta-pendulum plays.
>>
YGO literally doesn't have a comprehensive ruleset you can look up, and calling a judge and being ruled against is an instant disqualification

think about that
>>
>>47911270
mtg is stuck in a cycle of everything getting DE-powercreeped, because releasing anything good would enable people to play modern and legacy and Rosewater wouldn't make money :'(
>>
>>47910680
>Any gazillion deck
Much more cheaper than mtg
>Banlist
MTG ban each collection that is older than 2 years for standard

>>47911532
No tier 1 deck uses pendulum

MTG crying over yu gi oh in a nutshell
>>
File: 1444079005174.jpg (43 KB, 511x507) Image search: [Google]
1444079005174.jpg
43 KB, 511x507
>>47907373
Last I checked buying three of the monarch structure decks will give you an extremely solid foundation for a deck that isn't T1, but will certainly be more than viable for a local tournament. It's comparable to when the Dark World structure deck came out and all you had to do was buy three and win locals.

>all the nostalgiafags ITT
>>
>>47911958
>Fags spend 1000 dollars on their fancy new meta decks
>Spend 30 bucks on three starter monarch decks
>Completely destroy them
This is how Yugioh is meant to be played.
>>
>>47907373
Try playing on Ygopro or Dueling Network. Ygopro is automatic and Dueling Network is manual. Links for both

http://www.ygopro.co/download.aspx
http://www.duelingnetwork.com/?card_image_base=http://www.xtevenschannel.com/images/card-pics/
>>
This topic is a repost of the same topic a couple days ago with a MtG card back. Move on folks. Tomorrow is probably InuYasha.
>>
>>47911858
Where do you get data from? I'm getting data from yugiohtopdecks.com and it says that performapal (which appears to be a pendulum deck) is at a high level in every category.
>>
>>47912251
Performapal is like high tier 2/low tier 1. Tier 1.5 at best. BA, Kozmo and Monarch are Tier 1.
>>
File: we wuz gods n shit.jpg (103 KB, 691x425) Image search: [Google]
we wuz gods n shit.jpg
103 KB, 691x425
>>47912325
Delusional Kozmofag detected. Performapal is still the 3rd best deck, Kozmofags dragging dead last behind them all.
>>
>>47907373
Don't. Trust me.

If you really want to, go on somewhere like Dueling Network, where it's free and your wallet will thank you.
>>
>>47911858
Out of curiosity, what are the top five or so decks in Yugioh right now? What archetypes are they? And when did most of the cards for those archetypes come out?
>>
File: YuGiOh.webm (1 MB, 552x382) Image search: [Google]
YuGiOh.webm
1 MB, 552x382
>>
I still love Lightsworns.
>>
>>47912325
>>47912373
But performapals are putting up better numbers than Kozmo? And they're both putting up better numbers than Burning Abyss.
I guess it also has to do with what people like to play, but you can't deny that if a deck is winning as much as performapals is, it's tier 1.
>>
>>47907373
Why, tho? Do you hate both Fun AND Money?
>>
>>47912486
>Ariadne
That's an old build, it's too hard to pull off multiple searches on the current list.
>>
Competitive CCGs and TCGs are cancer in general, but honestly I think Yugioh would be more fun to play kitchen table than Magic.
>>
>>47912574
Speaking as someone who left back when GX was the new anime everyone hated instead of 5Ds or Zexal, what the hell happened in that and why can't it happen anymore?
>>
>>47911988
But Konami doesn't want that because it cuts into their booster sales, their main way of selling product and getting shit into the third market (because there's no other purpose for boosters, thanks to Konami's fuck-tarded modern card designs).
>>
>>47907373
Don't. They turn commons into super mega ultra rares if they turn out to be good to milk people for even more money.
>>
>>47912604
>I think Yugioh would be more fun to play kitchen table than Magic
There's a whole world of tier 2-3 decks, funny mishmashes and revived strategies you can play on, that's true.

>>47912625
Ariadne is the yellow-ish penbdulum, when she's destroyed you search a Counter Trap basically. All the other cards used on that combo are limited like Skullcrobat Joker ou the Dracosomething something, so you can pull off like one search, two maybe if you open crazy like on the webm turn 1. Though a single Solemn Warning or Strike is enough to rain on the opp's parade.
>>
>>47912639
Who cares what Konami wants, this is exactly what happened.
>>
>>47912574
>>47912625
Metalphos is coming and it is happening again, very soon.
>>
File: 4d6.png (19 KB, 183x232) Image search: [Google]
4d6.png
19 KB, 183x232
>>47912671
B-but Goy- I mean duelist! We printed some cool new cards you really need to buy to compete in our latest booster set! It's only at the Secret rarity, anon! Just buy some packs, w-won't you? We promise we won't ban them a year or so after their release!
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.