[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Official MTG Snowstorm/Lore Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: FLAKES2.jpg (6 MB, 1801x5825) Image search: [Google]
FLAKES2.jpg
6 MB, 1801x5825
Welcome to the MTG flake/lore thread!

Previously:
Never forget Phyrexia. Innistrad speculation. Chandra a cute. Lots of custom cards (all of which will go in the repo). More Innistrad speculation. More flake drawings.

Previous thread: >>47878689

Writefagging last time:
A shitty poem: >>47895468

REMINDER:

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder.

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
And I will come. Unless that's too gay. I update the repo on a bi-threadly basis anyway.
>Current Repository

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
>>
Is it just me or is Wizards purposefully and forcefully making Sorin look bad so they can kill him off? His portrayal in Stone and Blood is pretty inconsistent with his established character.
>>
>>47902094
Isn't it just wonderful?

>>47902113
>The Machine Orthodoxy was fucking horrifying.
Pretty much what this guy said.

>>47900200
>Could you proofread that story for me
Like I said, I've been busy most of the day. I have to go to bed now, but I will likely have more time tomorrow.
>>
File: imrakul.jpg (27 KB, 612x292) Image search: [Google]
imrakul.jpg
27 KB, 612x292
>>47902114
Wasn't he always an aloof asshole?
>>
>>47902339
Yes, but a good guy aloof asshole. Some recent fluff has him being a massive dick for no apparent reason.
>>
>>47902378
>Good guy aloof asshole
His tarkir uncharted realm was myspace poetry talking about how velvety his soul was.
>>
>>47902114
Nah, he's being portrayed the same as he always has, more or less.
>>
Which flake is most morally opposed to your own that you believe your flake would still get along with?
>>
File: Snow in summer.jpg (4 MB, 1801x5825) Image search: [Google]
Snow in summer.jpg
4 MB, 1801x5825
>>
>>47902590
Any communist flakes that won't try to take his goodies
>>47902082
>Not linking to the Eldrazi song
>>47894131
>>
>>47902652
>>47902082
am I blind? What happened to Rakkan?
>>
>>47902905
Not all flakes could fit on the first sheet and it still fit within the file size limit.
The new Sheet Anon is currently working on Part 2, though dunno when they'll finish with it.
>>
File: deepest lore.jpg (72 KB, 600x421) Image search: [Google]
deepest lore.jpg
72 KB, 600x421
bump
>>
>>47902590

Well, I don't really know. Maybe someone else would.

Izari is Green centered, but still grew up on pre-Conflux Grixis. She believes in helping people, but also furthering her own goals while doing so. However, killing is not beneath her. Life can bring death just as death can bring life. Such is way of a disciple of Pharika.
>>
>Hey Nahiri
>I'm just gonna lock you way forever, but I totally feel bad about this
So is Sorin next on the character butchering?
>>
>>47903452
>Sorin goes back a week later to the helvault
You know, I think I forgot to add a way to take people out of the vault
>Looks to Avacyn
You think she'll be mad? Whatever, not like it'll ever break.
>>
>>47903502
Somewhat related, does that autistic namefag who was obsessed with Sorin still come here?

How have they reacted to this?
>>
>>47903527
Serena? She's here all the time.
I know you mean Chandere, I just couldn't resist. She might not namefag, but she's probably shitposting about Sorin.
>>
>>47903565

Isn't Chandre basicslly Beatlejuice? Say her name enough times, eventually she appears and breaks a bunch of shit?
>>
>>47903873
She is the entire reason why I want Innistrad to die a tentacley death, along with its vampiric master.
>>
>my walker got added to the official list who knows how long ago because i never visit
neat
it's kharan lol
>>
>>47903452
>Hey Sorin the Eldrazi almost broke out, you know, those things that are the biggest threat to the survival of the Multiverse, did you not get my message or something

>Yeah whatever bitch I'm busy sitting in my room and moping for no reason

>Sorin I'm understandably angry with you

>I'm too autistic to defuse the situation by apologizing so I'm going to act like a dick for no reason

>Now I'm going to try to kill you for no reason

>Ahh Avacyn help

>Wait what

>Pssh nuthin personnel kid have fun in my theoretically eternal prison, wow I really hope the Eldrazi don't wake up again like she said they just did, because then not only would I have no idea, but arguably the most integral part of the imprisonment system is now stuck in my stupid rock
>OH WELL

Neither of them really came out of it looking like geniuses, but Sorin definitely got the worst of the character-butchering. The way it's written is like he thinks that Nahiri is now some kind of permanent threat to him, when during their fight at that point he was abnormally weakened, and was still able to win with Avacyn's help. Really all he needed to do was tell her to fuck off and then get back in his Dracula coffin or whatever the fuck he was doing. Is the off-chance of her maybe still being angry enough to come back and try (and fail) to kill him again really significant enough to risk letting the fucking Eldrazi out? Honestly, this is almost enough to give Sorin the 2nd-place spot on my "dumbest Planeswalker" list. It makes it seem like he never cared about the Eldrazi at all, which begs the question of why he even bothered to help imprison them in the first place.
>>
>>47904026
They were both retarded but it was mostly understandle oldwalker levels of petty.

This is just awful
>>
>>47904026
Didn't he also delete the memory of the eye's location from his mind at one point?
>>
>>47903565
Wew.
>>
All right, I'm going to do this via text until I'm sufficiently motivated at a time that isn't 4:30 AM. No good images for her yet.

Name: Maritana
Colors: Green
Species: Human Druid
Personality: Calm and reserved, Maritana is not exactly the most sociable or outgoing person around. Nonetheless, she does enjoy the company of others, and feels honor-bound to repay any perceived debts or favors.
Speech Quirks: Heavy Innistrad accent, but she knows more of Theros's language than she does her own native tongue. Leads to a uniquely exotic accent that's nearly impossible to understand normally.
Quote: "Alone? I am never truly alone."
Biological Sex: Female
Plane of Origin: Innistrad
Planes Visited: Zendikar, Theros, Xerex
Notable Mentions: Learned the majority of her expanded summoning ability on Zendikar, allowing her to conjure larger and more varied warriors to fight by her side. On Theros, she spent some time learning various combat tricks and began carrying a sword- she knows only basic technique with it, however. On Xerex, she pushed her summoning abilities to the limit, and believes the odd plane holds the secret to improving herself further.
Major Life Moments:
Spark Ignition: Maritana nearly died when a zealous militiaman ran her through on suspicion of being a werewolf. He wasn't entirely unjustified, given that she was practicing her recently-discovered "animation" talents near city walls.
Special Training: Less training and more an innate ability, Maritana is able to call entities from the world around her to aid her in a fight. Before her spark ignited, she was only able to summon primal spirits from the Ulvenwald wilderness, but exposure to different planes and mana have expanded her ability to work nearly anywhere there is available mana.
Goals: To further expand and control her psuedo-summoning ability, to the point where she can manifest greater, more powerful beings anywhere she goes. Wants to explore as much of the Multiverse as she can.
>>
>>47905413
All right, thankfully /tg/booru has a useable image for this. As far as describing how her ability actually works, think of it like a less shitty, Devotion-based Anthousa. Animating the land around her, getting more stuff as devotion goes up.

Favorite cards include Aspect of Hydra (this describes a lot about her fighting style), Earthen Arms (why the fuck does Green only get one Awaken spell?) Explore (A thing she enjoys doing, after all), Howl of the Night Pack (Homesick, maybe?)

Favorite decks are monogreen land animation and monogreen devotion

Equipment carried is Sword of the Animist, Adventuring Gear, Throwing Knife

Lastly, Maritana is currently spending time in Theros, trying to hone both her innate talents as well as her ability with a sword.

>I'll try to make this into an image if that's mandatory for it to go into the repo, just, sometime that isn't this stupid late. If not, I might never get around to it.
>>
>>47905610
>Sword of the Animist
I think that's unique to Nazi Elf.
>>
>>47905961
Rough sketch. It takes a while cause it is kinda big... Whelp, on with the ink we go.
>mfw captcha wants me to check street signs
>shows me a lantern and nothign else
>tap on lantern
>catcha is ok with this
Sure.
>>
>>47905984
Not sure where the spear came from but it's pretty cool. That Eldrazi ooze is metal as fuck though, love it.

How would Murdock assist Serena in return for not being 'purified'?
>>
>>47906034
>Not sure where the spear came from
Her mallet space
>>
>>47906034
Teach her how to kill and burn things with extreme prejudice. If you get a look at her spells selection you'd see she is pretty good at it. Also you can use her as some sort of eldrazi radar given her supernatural tendence at freaking out when dangerous things get into a one mile radius.
The spear came out of balancing the damn thing out of the left. Also it is a clear symbol and in comics everything is about making clearly recognizable symbols.
>>
Your flake walks to a new plane to discover themselves in the room of a small crying child. The child says that they were grounded. How do your flakes handle this?
>>
>>47906061
Now I kinda want her to find the Moonsilver Spear and carry it around.
>>
>>47906144
>Nishal
ask how they got grounded. Share stories and laugh with the kid about it, then skedadle so the kid doesn't get in more trouble.

>Iosha
eh, kid probably deserves it. Laugh at him and leave.
>>
>>47906144
Mono W Serena would comfort the child but understand that punishments are sometimes necessary.
W/R Serena would tell the child to stop, they need to accept their punishment or they'll only get a worse one.
>>
File: ANGERFISH.png (63 KB, 247x280) Image search: [Google]
ANGERFISH.png
63 KB, 247x280
>>47906144
>Your parents are wrong
>They can't keep you here if you burn here down
>>
>>47906330
angerfish is becoming one of my favourite characters in this storm, along with DIOMEDES
>>
>>47906330
>>47906340
I know, right? Always makes me smile.
>>
>>47906340
>>47906348
th-thank
Honestly though he probably wouldn't get as far as learning why the kid is crying, beyond the obvious reason of a 30-ish foot long fish-serpent monster materializing in their room.

This is the compete opposite reaction to my flake from the last snowstorm, so I got that going for me.
>>
>>47906401
I just love comedy based on uncompromising individuals, it's honestly one of my favourite tropes.
also I always forget how big Ko'Koarm is, holy fuck
>>
>>47906434
He's a big guy.
>>
>>47906446
is it bad that I want to make a U/R Bane character now? I feel like Ko'Koarm kinda fits that character, but I want to do it with a human wizard.
>>
>>47906459
I have the best phrasing. But I mean let's be honest, we'd all fug a human wizard.
>>
File: yes, really.png (117 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
yes, really.png
117 KB, 223x311
>>47906434
Yeh, horror magic is like, 90% pure protein

>>47906446
pic related

>>47906459
I dunno about that, Bane's got the sound, calmness and patience about him.
Ka'koarm's far more impulsive, and far less capable/willing to run any sort of group. I'd say go for it, albeit at whever's doing the snowstorm sheet's expense
>>
>>47906494
I keep forgetting to mention that Serena is pretty large. I think I had her size at like 6' 8" or something.
>>
>>47906512
That's pretty dang tall, but how tall are innistrad angels usually? I recall Zendikar angels getting fuckhuge, but can't recall how big the innistrad ones get.
Ka'koarm's got more length than height, admittedly, I'd say his main torso area is similar in size to an adult horse's. It's supposed to be extremely obvious to whoever meets him that whatever he is currently isn't natural anymore, without going the "slap tentacles on it" route.
>>
>>47906492
I'd fug a Ka'koarm

I'm bored.

Ignore me.
>>
>>47906550
Iirc, The average angel is described as being normally about a head taller than a man, with Avacyn being about a head taller than that.
>>
>>47906550
I figure Innistrad angels are like big people. My headcanon is that Avacyn is like 8 feet or something. Yeah Zendikar angels can vary massively in height I think based on power, Iona is like 100feet tall, you could probably build a house in her cleavage.

Anyway, I'm almost done with this. I'm going to lunch now so it should be finished in a few hours.
>>
>>47906562
I'm not sure he can fug you
both his own magic and nature itself are probably working to make damn sure he's sterile, unfortunately.

>>47906584
ah, aight. I wonder which planes have the largest and smallest angels respectively?
as an aside note, if we get more monored horrors in Eldritch Moon I'm probably going to take the opportunity to add "Mutant" to his classes, because I forgot to when I made him.
>>
>>47906608
I think most planes are similar to Innistrad with the angels being larger than average humanoids, only Zendikar seems to have titanic angels.

With the exception of something really, really massive happening like Avacyn returning and fixing Brunsela I don't see Serena ever returning to mono-white. After EMN she'll probably sign up with the Boros Legion or something, hang out with Aurellia and be angry together.
>>
>>47907265
>never go back to pure W
Never have been so proud to say "I helped". Let the burn and the coin tosses flow throw you.
>>
>>47907265
which flakes do you think Serena's likely to start hanging around more? Would she actively start boddying up with the more red flakes, or would sh seek to regain control of herself by seeking aid from some of the more green/white/blue flakes?
>>
>>47907312
pardon me,
*buddying up with
>>
>>47906144
>Spider mom
"Oh, sweetheart, don't cry. Let mommy dry your tears."
Yeah, that kid's about to get spiderfied.
>>
>>47907312
I think it depends largely on how this block goes, if everything goes horribly wrong right until the end then she'll likely just change her worldview to be similar to how Boros sees things: Justice is harsh and swift, those who stand in the way of what is right will die.

If things get better she'll likely be wracked with guilt, if say the angels are cured of the corruption then she'll hate herself for killing all the tainted angels she encountered during this set and try to atone for it.

I can see her hanging around with The Cathar more as they'd have a lot more in common. Murdock too, she likes feeling like she's protecting someone because it reminds her of her early days as an angel when she'd be assigned to guard and mentor humans. Plus she helped her realise how much fun burning things is.

>>47907318
Bodying up with Gisela and Bruna, obviously.

>>47907344
This is why she's a raid boss.
>>
>>47907376
that first response gives me the idea for a thread question.

Who here has flakes doing anything on Innistrad? How are they helping or harming the situation?
>>
File: ldae.jpg (280 KB, 600x925) Image search: [Google]
ldae.jpg
280 KB, 600x925
>>47907265

>With the exception of something really, really massive happening like Avacyn returning and fixing Brunsela I don't see Serena ever returning to mono-white.

Can't see Avacyn coming back, Sigarda seems to be on route to replace her, and a BW host could be (re)created in recognization of Liliana's efforts or something.

Those who got me'emrakul'd are even more likely gone for good than Avacyn, though they could get replacements.
>>
>>47907410
I don't actually think mine is, he's honestly more likely to be somewhere like Kamigawa or Zendikar, but if he were, he'd undoubtedly be testing to see if he could will free people from emmerdude's influence. Fire to fight fire'n all, only it's Planar Horror magic to fight Extraplanar Horror magic.
>>
>>47907410
Spider mom is either on Innistrad or Ravnica, atm. If she's on Innistrad, she's gathering up all of her uncorrupted children and hightailing it out of Ulvenwald forest to go join up with some defense force. She has a vested interest in saving the plane, since her children can't planeswalk out with her. She might throw her lot in with the vampires.

Myxxzzikt might be there. If it is, it's just quietly observing and recording.
>>
>>47907444
I don't see it happening either, I'm just allowing for the possibility. Also that picture is cool, saved.
>>
>>47907410
my flakes have no flavour-reason to even know Innistrad exists; even an understanding of the eldrazi seems like a far shot, since neither of them have been to Zendikar as far as I've figured.

great, now I need some Iosha Jones action. Saving Nishal from vampire cultists and nabbing the ancient artifacts.
>>
>>47907479
Do it.
>>
>>47899234

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnxugIyI1dc

the counter-teaser for the Mirrodin Resistance. felt like I had to represent.
>>
>>47907507
Hey, I'm curious. How is your alternate flakeball coming?
>>
>>47907456
would you be opposed to black feathers on the upper part of the wings?
>>
>>47907677
Only so far as I've never seen that on any angel on Innistrad, or any non-black angel in MTG for that matter. If it's a colour contrast thing you could maybe go for some Avacyn the Purifier stuff with dried blood ect?

Whatever you think looks best is always the answer I give artists though. I have no taste.
>>
>>47907738
Honestly I just like the idea. Something like crane wings, you know. Just to keep the dark theme going.
>>
>>47907800
Sure.
>>
>>47907618
it's been coming for a while, but after I moved I stopped writing pretty much everything. thanks for reminding me; I'm gonna work on it a bit today.
>>
>>47907859
'course if you don't appreciate it I'll jsut stop.
>>
>>47907904
I honestly don't mind, it that's how you think it should look you're probably right. I'm just unsure why her wings would suddenly have dark tones, which is why I suggested blood.
>>
>>47907904
That sounded jaded.
>>
>>47907927
No I meant the whole thing.
>>47907946
I'm not sure about what you meant but you're probably wrong.
>>
>>47907964
No, I think Serena murderballing some Eldrazi Amalgamation is fucking baller. The abomination especially looks really awesome to be honest.
>>
>>47907964
>if you don't appreciate it, I'll just stop
Sounds passive aggressive.
>>
>>47907999
Well it isn't, and I fail to see how woul you know fromt he other side of a computer. But as Vronak may testify, if I wanted to be agressive I'd be aggressive without the passiveness.
>>47907997
K', just asking. You wouldn't believe the amount of """"corrections"""" everyone has to do on your job in this line of work. Editors may just as well be tasked with criticizing only the things they know nothing about.
>>
>>47908035
do you do art for a living?
>>
>>47908047
"A living" is an overstatement given how friendly this job is with newcomers. Right now I'm I'm working on some small projects to present some french people to notice my stuff and consider giving me a shot. It will probably take around an year.
>>
>>47907997
Well that would be all for WB I guess. I'll get on coloring it tomorrow.
>>
>>47908474
Wew. That looks fucking ace.
>>
>>47908619
To be fair I've been trying some things I've never did, like the fume texture that Arthur Adams (bless that man) uses, I dunno if it ended up any good. Oh well, Ill try not to screw it up with the paint. How's the writing going?
>>
>>47908651
Very close to done. I'm eating dinner atm, it'll be like an hour. I'm not actually that slow at writing I just have a shit attention span.
>>
>>47904026
So he's sticking Nissa in spot #3?
>>
>>47908735
Nissa deserves nothing but spot 1 imho. Nahiri is badly written, petty, and an overall sad joke of a character; Nissa is just completely fucking stupid like holy shit.
>>
>>47908720
Good, good. I may be already gone in one hour but I'll read it as soon as I can.
>>
>>47908771
Spot #1 is forever taken by Dyfed, though, for giving Phyrexia to Yawgmoth. And then getting pithed and vivisected by him.
>>
>>47908807
>Dyfed
Damn I was forgetting how many dumb motherfuckers there were in the old days too.
>>
>>47908831
She gave the guy an entire plan because he happened to be in the same room as the guy she was fangirling over.
Well, and the fact that Yawgs was Glacian's personal doctor at that point (despite making the man's condition worse intentionally...), but it was mostly because he was in the room at the time.
>>
>>47908908
I both love and hate the idiocy of oldwalkers.
>>
>>47908964
Oldwalkers! No sense of right or wrong! Or any sense at all!
>>
Okay so after spending all of last night grinding Proofs of Concords kept I can finally focus on actually writing Venn's story tonight. Any suggestions for where I should have it start?
>>
>>47909077
>Proofs of Concords
Thanks fromsoft, ds3 is the definitive and perfect game. ESPECIALLY when it comes to covenants. people actually believe this
>>
>>47909102
At least they fixed the matchmaking system. I got half of them switching between blue sents and darkmoon blades. But we're off topic. Where yah think I should start, Murdock?
>>
>>47909142
... uuuh the beginning?
What was this story abotu again?
>>
>>47909142
I don't recommend that he has anything to do with Brusel'mrakul. He'd be annihilated, there's no doubt about it. That may be his long term goal but he should focus on smaller tasks first, I'm sure that monster will be dealt with in the canon anyway.
>>
>>47885533

Forgot to request that to be archived. Fuck.
>>
>>47909208
Well when he first sees her he does fall to despair and planeswalk to ravnica. Perhaps I could start from there? Or shoul I start where Gisela firsts saves him, then slowly jump forward in time till Emmy arrives?
>>
>>47909243
Could be a flashback. He sees the monster and is horrified then you insert a bit of Gisela saving him so that the reader understands why he's so upset by this.

>>47909176
Done btw. Proofreading now. Don't expect anything grand I am so not suited to this kind of subject when writing. I'm much more comfortable writing cute stuff and smut.

Now that I just typed those words I realise what a strange combination that would be.
>>
>>47909338
>cute stuff and smut.
Anticipation, but also a boner.
>>
>>47909477
I actually won some money recently for some smut I wrote. I spent it on pizza.
>>
>>47909493
I'd find it ridiculous if half the comics artists didn't strat their careers drawing porn.
>>
File: Serena's Face When Eldrazi.png (87 KB, 236x226) Image search: [Google]
Serena's Face When Eldrazi.png
87 KB, 236x226
>>47909532
>This is my purging face.

Here we go: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tZfuogwxpHvjRlvEeBlUnkOuiHpRaEy4g2h0Hb16GL0/edit

Let me know if you want anything changed.

>Theme song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa31T4KFuus
>>
>>47909602
Just a warning. Be careful around the sharp edges.

>Select all images with street signs
>It's a wall with nothing on it.
Thanks Captcha
>>
>>47909602
>Become One’mr- Serena screamed in frustration
I see what you did here.

I'll judge it tomorrow because now I am on my way out, but I don't mind it at all. I wouldn't mind to see further elaborating on it as well.
>>
I'm half tempted to make a snowflake myself...
>>
>>47909697
Sure. The flow is a bit janky but it's sort of intentional, her mind is more than a little bit fucked up right now.

But hey, Murdock gets an angry as fuck angel to protect her while she's on Innistrad. So win-win, right?

>>47909735
Do it faggot.
>>
File: snowflake template.png (149 KB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
snowflake template.png
149 KB, 1562x1186
>>47909735
Let the cancer flow through you
>>
>>47906144
>Remes
Just walks back out of there. This is not his problem.
>Cala
Takes the kid on a spree through the city. It leaves bad impressions.
>Jakrol
Those parents are dead now. Then he leaves to let someone else sort through the mess.
>Winifred
Bewitches the parents to let the kid do as they please, then leaves. The kid gets exactly what they wished for, and all of the consequences that you can logically imagine.
>>
>>47902082
I hope Sorin's Innistrad is burned to the ground. Emrakul and Liliana for high dominion over Innistrad.
>>
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15-x9_VrdaUG7fhPioFL0jHDG_WrCzkR1_2rePZRcKko/edit?usp=sharing

So a start I have. It's been a while and any critique would be nice.
>>
Been a while since I had the time to check in here, surprised it's still going.
>>
>>47910223
I've missed you. Welcome back.
>>
>>47910360
Anything good happened in my absence?
>>
>>47910377
A fuck-ton of writing and flakes. Were you around when the repo was a thing?
>>
File: 1460238043742.jpg (307 KB, 711x1000) Image search: [Google]
1460238043742.jpg
307 KB, 711x1000
>>47910425
Yeah, op assembled it shortly before I got busy.
>>
>>47910442
I thought so. It's grown pretty damn big.

I think Selenra got mentioned in a few other stories, too.
>>
>>47910156
Preddy good. Don't ask me for criticism, I can't give it. Ever.

>>47910223
Welcome back. I guess you're before my time as I don't recall you.
>>
>>47910517
Your name is unfamiliar, so I'd assume so.

>>47910493
Don't tease me with such things, I'll have to nose around looking for it.
>>
File: 1465055582055.png (2 MB, 2000x2500) Image search: [Google]
1465055582055.png
2 MB, 2000x2500
>>47910156
Maybe he could latch onto Serena at some point. They have the same goal and motivation, she's a Goldnight angel with a similar outfit and blade to Gisela and she's now W/R too.

>>47910552
Nice to meet you then. I like angels, it's like all I do.
>>
>>47910552
It was mostly small things; scenes with Diomedes and whatnot. I could riffle through them later to pick out some references if you like. Unfortunately, I've not seen anything else with Narimi.

We've also lost Zix anon.
>>
>>47911050
and DIOMEDES, as far as I can tell.
>>
>>47911050
>>47911076
A shame, but such is life. I might well have some time down to do some writefagging in the next few days again. It'd be nice, certainly.
>>
>>47911334
That would be swell. I like your writing.
>>
>>47911334
>>47911415
Indeed! The last few threads have been full of content. I actually feel like all this Me'merakul stuff was good for me, I kinda like w/r Serena. Gave me a nice reason to write. Well, nice is the wrong word.
>>
>>47911480
Btw, doing the proofread now. About halfway through.
>>
>>47911996
Ace, I may be able to re-write and post it tonight then.

Two stories in one day, woo.

Any brief feedback on the last thing I wrote, the edgy one?
>>
>>47912174
I actually thought that that one flowed better than the others. My one criticism is that Murdock stutters an awful lot.
>>
>>47912197
I may have overdid that aspect of her character. I'll leave that to her anon to decide though.
>>
>>47910919
Well, after he returns from Ravnica (lol), he could possibly mistake her for Gisela for a moment. Then they planeswalk away, join as a team, and fight crime?
>>
>>47912936
Not for a while, there's Eldrazi-Angels that need burning.
>>
>>47913059
"Serena, you're needed by the Boros Legion! A massive raid is taking place into the Dimir slumhomes!"

"Not now, there's eldrazi that need burning!"
>>
>>47913059
Through fire, justice is served.
>>
>>47913244
>Boros is raiding Guildless homes trying to smoke out members of House Dimir

Yeah, because RtR didn't teach us anything.
>>
>>47913059
We can burn them together!
>>
>>47913272
Whoops. Meant to tag that to >>47913089
>>
File: MtG_Snowflake_Final_2.png (3 MB, 1801x1665) Image search: [Google]
MtG_Snowflake_Final_2.png
3 MB, 1801x1665
Here we are, some more entertaining flakes for jokestorm anon to handle.
>>
>>47912197
Replied to you, if that's okay I'll post it.
>>
File: Venn.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Venn.pdf
1 B, 486x500
OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
>>
File: 1445169590367.jpg (4 MB, 1803x6030) Image search: [Google]
1445169590367.jpg
4 MB, 1803x6030
Also, I figure that the snowstorm has reached a point where it's large enough to compare to the old one.

Are there any similarities you see? Any characters you think that would really get along between the snowstorms? Any rivalries? Etcetera.
>>
File: 1445237433987.jpg (4 MB, 1803x6030) Image search: [Google]
1445237433987.jpg
4 MB, 1803x6030
>>47914606
Plus the joke sheet.
>>
>>47914606
Much more subdued, which is a good thing. But no Messenger variant.
>>
>>47914606
We are better. We have sick arts. I'm totally not bragging about it.
>>
>>47914606

I agree with >>47915025. The new storm is much better. I'm glad it happened.
>>
>>47915025
Also
>No angels
Disgusting.

Btw, someone said I made Murdock stutter too much, I'd like you to confirm.
>>
>Tries to find Art for Venn.
>Only have that unfinished peice my friend made.
>Nothing seems to match it.

Fuck. Help please?
>>
>>47915102
Use you feminine wiles to convince people to draw for you, it's what I did... I think. I don't know how else to explain it.
>>
>>47915067
As someone who stutters every time I try to say "seven" I disagree.
>>47915102
What would you actually need?
>>47915149
That's not what you did. What we did was a trade. I don't work with no payment, it is professional ethic. We call it "deontologia".
>>
>>47915174
I meant for literally every other piece I have for her. I'm onto like six pieces here and your the only one that got something in return.

Also thanks, I was worried I'd messed up.
>>
>>47915174
Really, just a profile picture of him to use as reference.

>>47915149
But I'm a dude.
>>
>>47915222
Shh, they don't know that.
>>
>>47915210
Again, that's because of professional ethics. Deontologia. Of course people who don't work with this stuff freely give their drawings away, it is just an hobby to them.
>>47915222
Yes, I meant. What is he supposed to look like.
>>
>>47915222
>>47915251
It is not like SerenAnon is a lady as well eh...
>>
>>47915268
Gaia anon can confirm, I think...
>>
>>47915254

He's a man in his early to middle twenties, unkempt brown hair and a bit of a stubble growing. Usually wears a red hood like the Desert Sorceresses in Dark souls. Not sure what the rest of his outfit would look like...

Obviously since he's from innistrad he'd have some form of fashion sense.
>>
>>47915322
Where's his hat. He can't be from Innistrad with no hat, come on now.
>>
>>47915348
I just said he had a hood. That counts as a hat!
>>
>>47915322
>Desert Sorceresses in Dark souls. Not sure what the rest of his outfit would look like...
HUEHUEHUE.
>>
>>47915298
You can't be a girl, there are no girls on the internet.
>>
>>47915373
Obviously he wouldn't be dressed like the rest of them! I don't even think they have clothing like that on Innistrad!
>>
File: 1396468596804.gif (460 KB, 257x200) Image search: [Google]
1396468596804.gif
460 KB, 257x200
It's Innistrad with our very special guest legendary, Emrakul

It's time to call the cultists
It's time to fear the night
It's time for Gothic horror on Innistrad tonight
It's time to flee the werewolves
It's time to pray tonight
It's time to raise the undead on Innistrad tonight

Why did we have to come here
And now with Emrakul
All these cards are garbage
And not Modern viable

But now let's get things started
Why don't you get things started
It's time to get things started
On the most horrifying, flavorfying, lore inspiring, filled-with-dying
This is the dark plane of Innistrad
I was bored, okay?
>>
>>47915394
Oh shit. You're right.
>>
>>47915419
>>47915394
>>47915348
The murdock is confused.
>>47915415
Do it with Torquemada's song from The History of the World Part 1!
>>
>>47915441
oh my GODD
FINE
after I'm done completing the Prince Ali song
also Belloski fanart when
>>
>>47915480
>fanart
Drawing is my job. Get me something in return and we will have a deal.
>>
>>47915516
Fine
uh
want me to make that taconada song?
>>
File: dio.jpg (60 KB, 500x637) Image search: [Google]
dio.jpg
60 KB, 500x637
but where is DIOMEDES?
>>
What's basic life like around Theros? I'm putting together something for Izari's wandering.
>>
>>47915441
You can take my word for it if you like, or not. I'm not going to get triggered if you call me 'he', I may be a faggot but I'm not petty.

>>47915516
I'm going to be writing more with Murdock if that's all right. I don't expect more pictures but I still kinda want the double-Akroma fist bump one. I already told my friends about it.
>>
>>47915553
it's like Grome but the gods are bigger dicks than usual and satyrs and centaurs have 24/7 orgies
>>
>>47915569
So you are a woamn, or a faggot?
...or both?
>hits himself in the confusion
Alsowell you shouldn't have had. Oh well you still have something to show them I guess.
>>47915531
It is Torquemada! You never watched Mel Brook's movies?!
>>
>>47915614
yeah I know, I've watched it before
But like, song for art?
>>
>>47915614
I'm only gay if they have feathery wings, okay? I mean... I don't have an angel fetish...

It's okay, worst case scenario I just pay some faggot to draw it.

You've read the story now right? You liked it?
>>
File: Theros01.jpg (215 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
Theros01.jpg
215 KB, 265x370
>>47915553
Posting a few images which might help you get some idea for civilian clothes and activities.
>>
>>47915645
You do song. I'll judge.
But I usually get money, you know? That's what I try to live of. Keyword being try.
>>47915670
Right now I am a bit too drunk. Also still wondering about your biological sex but meh? Who gives?
>>47915679
"the theriad" is one of the worst things that I ever read on MtG. Easily.
>>
File: Theros02.jpg (237 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
Theros02.jpg
237 KB, 265x370
>>47915679
>>
File: Theros03.jpg (228 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
Theros03.jpg
228 KB, 265x370
>>47915704
>>
>>47915697
Yeah, I gotcha
But like
I have no free time money to be throwing around
working on it. Do you want it to be about anything specifically?
>>
>>47915745
I was not asking for money. I say I usually do it for money so you shoulda try do a song I would pay for.
Of course, eldrazi! It is the topic everyone is talking 'bout
>>
File: Theros04.jpg (50 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
Theros04.jpg
50 KB, 265x370
>>47915719
>>
>>47915764
oh, because looking at the lyrics, it seems more of a Lunarch Inquisition kinda song, but Eldrazi is good too
>>
>>47915697
Gril. I'm in contact with Gaia Anon outside of the thread now, she can confirm if it matters. I should really have made myself harder to find...

By the way, what kind of money do you normally charge, I'm willing to throw some at you potentially.
>>
>>47915799
Whatever floats your manlet dragon wings mate.
>>47915812
Eh, will discuss it only if you have further requests and not into a thred on /tg/.
>>
>>47915838
Well if you can find me elsewhere I'd be willing to talk about it. Gaia found me on DA pretty easily based off my Avacyn plushie.
>>
File: Izarcap.jpg (24 KB, 297x301) Image search: [Google]
Izarcap.jpg
24 KB, 297x301
>>47915679
>>47915704
>>47915719
>>47915796

Alright, thanks. This is the pic from my flake sheet (literally, because I only have the sheet on my phone). Think its Theros enough?

>>47915573

I figured not!Greece/Rome was a good place to start.
>>
Any of us considered opening a Discord Group or something to chat about stuff? Seems far more efficient. I mean we've already lost our Anon status with our namefagging.
>>
I was hoping to have another story posted tonight but it'll have to be tomorrow. Sorry and goodnight.

>>47915968
Wouldn't be the first time I've discorded with people off /tg/
>>
File: Spider Mom WIP.jpg (440 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Spider Mom WIP.jpg
440 KB, 1080x1920
Finally figured out how to draw spider legs holy shiiiiiiit.

I'm still working on the pic with Mira and Vanya, but I wanted to get Mira's look down first (and how the fuck to draw spider legs).
>>
>>47915949
Personally, it'd look a lot more Greek without the leather shawl thing or the lower, smaller belt. After those are removed, it might have a chance.

Stereotypical Therosian civilian wear seems to be white togas. The lower class seem to wear skimpier ones, while the more sophisticated and richer appear to go with longer ones with colorful trim and shawls. Leather or any other non-fabric doesn't seem very common in their clothes.
>>
>>47916103
By Avacyn, how horrifying.
>>
>>47915516
>and we will have a deal
Murdock
What are you doing?
Making a deal with Belloski?

Murdock

Stop
>>
>>47915697
>Also still wondering about your biological sex but meh?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMXehqqR8J8
>>
>>47916252
It's too late
The deal has been made
Now Murdock must PAY

in doodles
>>
>>47916116

That's a fair point.

I don't think it would be hard to explain it by pulling the Planeswalker card. Her accepted home is Theros, which makes up the baseline. In this case, the robe/toga with colorful sleeves sounds like it would not be out of place. Everything else could be from wherever. She's from Grixis, and frequents Lorwyn, Ravinica, and Shandalaar (in that order).
>>
>>47916136
I should find and post the pictures I did of some of her kids. They're really fun to design.
>>
>>47916365
Oh, we've got plenty of ridiculous, off-theme images for snowflakes here. Yours isn't so bad at all and certainly could be created as a Ravnican thing or as a get-up from Shandalar.

But if you're writing something, then you could always write her as wearing more Therosian apparel.
>>
>>47916504

I'm not much of an artist, so writing is really all I have there. It would make sense for her to be down the basics while on Theros, so that's how I'll write it. I get the impression that the weather is fairly warm there, so I imagine there is a bit of practicality to it as well. Maybe even the sleeves are detachable or something.
>>
>>47916592
It's Mediterranean weather. Expect summers to be pretty damn warm and snow to be impossible even in the coldest winters.

Think Californian weather, if you're American.
>>
>>47916675

That's pretty much what I was thinking. It would probably be a stark contrast to Grixis, which I can't help but imagine is/was fairly cold for the most part.
>>
File: NCM_0158.jpg (319 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
NCM_0158.jpg
319 KB, 1920x1080
The progress on the pic of Mira and Vanya.

I hate my fucking phone. The camera is terrible. Ugh. Look at that distortion. Look at the blurred lines. Christ.
>>
>>47916819
I imagine Grixis as a sort of tepid, cloying mildness that sticks to your skin. There's probably places where it becomes intolerably cold or surges to a prickly heat though. The most important part is that it's uncomfortable.
>>
>>47916252
And that's exactly why Murdock works for big B.
>>47916341
You just don't call them doodles and we are fine.
>>47916316
Duh don't try to make me feel stupider than I am.
>>
>>47916837
It'll be a long time before technology can produce a camera that is as good as the human eye. No point in complaining about what our absurdly powerful portable devices can manage.
>>
>>47916837
>>47916993
A lesson for every artist, never expect cameras to make your drawings look any good. Get a real scanner.
Of course scanners and printers (the good ones) cost an awful lot of money. Which leads back to the old issue...
>>
>>47916971

That is a good description. I think that's how shell remember it. It's just a miserable place overall.
>>
>>47916993
>>47917014
>Get a real scanner.
Yeah. This is mostly just me venting that my scanner broke awhile ago and I've not had money to get a new one.

>>47916993
>No point in complaining about what our absurdly powerful portable devices can manage.
But it makes me feel better.
>>
>>47917058
>But it makes me feel better.
It is kinda like yelling becuase of broken hitboxes in MH. Except you're fighting a Brachidios and not a Plesioth.
I'd should really try to pile in the moeny for a scanner that does a3 and bigger formats. Can't be bothered to have some shop print or scan my pages.
>>
>>47916837
Love your work. You definitely do better with pencil over tablet stuff.
>>
>>47916837

Vanya's anon here, gotta say that's looking great.

And yeah, phone cameras are always a little troublesome. But ya gotta do with what ya got.
>>
>>47917138
Thank you.

Yeah, I only started working with a tablet relatively recently. I always wanted to learn painting and colors, but all that stuff is expensive. So pencils it is.
>>
>>47916971

Just had a thought while I was writing. Would a name like Izari fly in Theros, or would it get a slight alteration?
>>
File: MtG_Character_Builder_New_Ninki.png (1 MB, 1562x1226) Image search: [Google]
MtG_Character_Builder_New_Ninki.png
1 MB, 1562x1226
>>47917304
I had to handle that at some point myself. Let's look at female names on Theros:
>Thassa
>Nylea
>Ephara
>Karametra
>Pharika
>Hythonia
>Cymede
>Anthousa

Only one of those doesn't end in an 'a.' Ending with 'i' seems a little out of place I guess you could push it through and claim you come from a foreign polis. In the case of one of my characters, I had her soften her name a little from 'Ninki' to 'Nemia' for the purpose of blending in.

Then again, she is white and cares about that sort of thing. Is a black character or a green one likely to give a damn about blending in that hard?
>>
>>47917569
It depends on the character. Everyone is different; green connects with white on a sense of community, and black can be well-related to secrets and deception..
>>
>>47917728
At the same time, you could use the green excuse of 'stay true to your nature' to refuse to choose another name while black could use the 'put yourself first and never allow yourself to become slave to the whims, morals and ways of others' excuse to stubbornly refuse to choose a new name.

It's all in how you interpret the color for the character.
>>
>>47917807
That is quite literally what I said, just from the opposite angle.
>>
>>47917874
It's a long-winded way of agreeing with you, while presenting new options.
>>
As much as I hate to post to tumblr... this shit looks really fucking neato and terrifying.

http://mtgfan.tumblr.com/post/146334639836/commandtower-solring-go-theceaselesshunger
>>
>>47917569

It's less her blending in and more everyone else dealing with a foreign name and her just rolling with it. Like an accent I guess. I mean, no Zs and very few Is. Izari would probably be more like Essarae.

>>47917728
>>47917807

I see her as being green centric with black undertones. She cares about others, but has her own agenda. She isn't afraid to put that agenda first, but will try to accommodate if possible. She sees herself as being capable of doing what she feels needs to be done, but her confidence could be seen as arrogance.

Hope that made sense.
>>
>>47918105
If she's interested in accommodation, sure, go with Essarae.
>>
>>47917951
well, I mean, it would explain why the titan cards all got rid of their immortal clause, it was just reformatted into more a lore thing than a mechanical thing.
>>
"Yeah. I keep tweaking Green. It’s the most difficult. I think acceptance is more the means than the end."
-MaRo

so, shit, does that mean green's goals are different now? If acceptance isn't the goal, is it growth?
>>
>>47914478
>Ireth
My dick is diamonds. Source on picture? Also I hope she has some shenanigans written up about her.
>>
So apparently this is the new Liliana
>>
>>47918654
>Fifty
Surely they wouldn't fucking do that. That's just ridiculous to manage in a genuine game.
>>
File: i_like_it.jpg (10 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
i_like_it.jpg
10 KB, 229x220
>>47918654
>>
>>47918654
I'm inclined to side with the folks saying this is fake, personally.
>>
>>47918654
Fake. Wording on the Ultimate is wrong and the text box is not translucent.
>>
>>47918654
>50 zombies
Holy fucking shit.
>>
>>47918689
It's actually really really easy
Just grab a scrap of paper, write "fuck you, I win" on it, and put it on top of a zombie token.
Next turn, swing for the win
>>
>>47918654
They don't have haste. You could swat the whole field for 2 and every zombie would die.
>>
File: HueHue.png (148 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
HueHue.png
148 KB, 223x311
>>47918825
You called?
>>
File: Liliana the Last Hope Maybe.jpg (27 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
Liliana the Last Hope Maybe.jpg
27 KB, 265x370
>>47918788
The screen is making it hard to see, but I spotted this other one as I started looking for proof on other sites.

Still might just be a fake circulating though.

>>47918856
Yes. Thank you for that.
>>
File: Image.ashx(2).png (128 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx(2).png
128 KB, 223x311
>>47918825
>>47918856

Sup?
>>
>>47918870
So if this is real, where would it be on the Liliana scale of good?
>>
>>47918921

It's not 3 mana, but it's very playable.

+1 Everyone ditches a card, but you have potential upside even without madness.

-3 Targeted removal that not only goes through indestructible/regeneration, but also leaves her on the table

-8 It is a wincon bomb, especially with cards that black likes to play anyway.
>>
>>47918878
Holy fuck. I want to run a deck with these and Lili.
>>
>>47919095
Don't forget Nantuko Husk
>>
File: Unflakes sheet.png (2 MB, 1801x1665) Image search: [Google]
Unflakes sheet.png
2 MB, 1801x1665
>>47919095
I love him in my casual allies deck with lifeline added in.
>>
>>47919212

>Artorius

You magnificent bastard.
>>
File: Sensible Chuckle.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Sensible Chuckle.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>47919212
>Rinara
>>
>>47919212
I approve. There is nothing here I don't like.
>>
File: v3QV9MC.jpg (1 MB, 1275x1875) Image search: [Google]
v3QV9MC.jpg
1 MB, 1275x1875
>>
So, I've physically written about a page and a half before I left work, but I'm at a part I'm not sure about. How do you make walking interesting while making time progress quickly?
>>
>>47920457
What.

Are... Are you talking about like a montage?
Alternatively, it's really easy to get lost in your thoughts.
>>
>>47920465

Uhh, yea. A montage I suppose. I'm having he walk down the coast of Meletis, and I'm at a bit of a loss for how to pass the time before she encounters a problem.

Internal thoughts? Introspection?
>>
>>47920597
She just sees various animals humping as she walks down the beach.
>>
>>47920279
>And a special guest appearance from Avacyn herself!
tfw
>>
>>47918654
>50

Oh hey. Messenger reference.
>>
>>47921836
What if WotC lurks in these threads for new ideas?
>>
>>47920790
As long as she don't get any weird thoughts. Don't get me wrong but, eh. Salem.
>>47921835
Huehuehue.
>>47922142
You mean you seriously thought thwy didn't?
>>
>>47922317
So uh, does Bruna and Gisela singing still count as a duet?

I honestly think that they just use Vronak's meme book as a check list.
>>
>>47922371
I would check the number of lungs, personally, otherwise is just a single person making twice the tunes. Demetrio Stratos did and no one called him a duet.
>>
>>47922481
Well they have 4 wings, 6 arms, Avacyn only knows how many legs. I think they have enough lungs to count as at least a duet, maybe even a choir.
>>
>>47922610
yes, but serena anon, who's going to ask the most important question, how many veganias do they have?
>>
>>47920279
But the 13th isn't a Friday this year...
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.