[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weird Planescape question: How does The Lady of Pain handle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: lady-of-pain002.jpg (130 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
lady-of-pain002.jpg
130 KB, 1024x683
Weird Planescape question:

How does The Lady of Pain handle say a really dangerous animal being released into Sigil?

Like really dangerous?

Like, The Tarrasque?

Are they mazed or flayed or do the dabuses just pull a lever to open the trapdoor the monster/animal is standing on that drops them into undersigil to ply their ways eating or being eaten by all the other monsters down there?
>>
>>47899078
sounds like a flayin' to me.
>>
>>47899928
You know what? I'm bored and at work. I'm gonna expand on that idea.

Our good ol' buddy the Tarsk is basically immortal right? So maybe everybody's favorite creepy aunt gets to flayin', see?

But Tarsky don't wanna be flayed, and so he regenerates.

And not to be outdone, and because we'd have to changer her title to, the Lady of Pain starts flayin' again.

And the Timmy the Tarrasque comes back.

So the Lady flays him an infinite number of times, and finally manages to expel him from Sigil.

The Lady realizes she's getting old. Not old enough to give up the ghost (so to speak) but old. So she takes some well needed R and R somewhere else.

Ensuing power vacuum caused by one of the most powerful beings in existence leaving is horrendous and bloody.

But fuck it, because the Lady is really loving vacation.

Some schmuck decides to contract the PCs to bring her back to Sigil, because he's tired of plane-wide gang wars.
>>
>>47900595
Gotta go to the modern world and catch her golfing or playing arcade machines?
>>
>>47900685
Sitting on the beach and drinking mai tais maybe.

Getting down at the club, PCs find her incredibly out of her mind on drugs, and maybe end up falling under the influence, too. Ensuing "What did we do last night?!" scenario.

Turns out the Lady is actually a pretty decent gal. Really in to murder and shit, but aside from that not bad.
>>
>>47899078
1) I don't know about 2nd edition, but in 3e and 4e, animals are True Neutral, and in 5e, they're incapable of having an alignment. The Lady of Pain might not even be capable of giving a shit about animals, let alone be offended enough by one to flay or maze it.

2) The tarrasque is not an animal.
>>
>>47899078
Here's the thing: How'd it get there? It would have to be able to fit through a portal that the Lady made herself. It can't be teleported or summoned. So she would just probably never allow it to happen in the first place.
>>
>>47900595
>>47900739

As entertaining as this is, the truth is the Lady of Pain is actually 15 squirrels in a robe.

Because of how funny Sigil is, the more often I repeat it, the more likely it is. Crowdsourced reality is quite funny.

Doesn't make her any less likely to be drinking mai tais or flaying dumb berks.
>>
>>47900595
Hol up. Looks like we've got someone who doesn't know how dis fine ass lady operates. She flays his ass, and he dies. No mess, no stress. Cause that's how she rolls.
>>
>>47902896

Tarrasque also operates in same manner however, He gets destroyed, he returns.

Even if the Lady bothers wasting 2 lvl 9 spell slots to destroy him, it would be quite a bit easier to cast Banishment the 2-5 attempts it needs before it takes.
>>
>>47900595
You're operating under the assumption that the LoP is Sapient. She's a construct designed to protect Sigil because some dumbass had the bright idea of making it the center of the Universe.
>>
>>47903021
Are you implying that her Flaying is not equal to multiple 9th level spells? It's the WoD equivalent of Caine
>>
>>47903255

I'm saying I think the Lady would save the flaying for the motherfucker who thought it would be funny to put the Tarrasque in her backyard.

Just because she can do it doesn't mean she needs to. Never presume what the Lady will do; Ironically it's the easiest way to feel her shadow on you, or never meet her in your entire life
>>
>>47899078

The Tarrasque gets diddled by a damn CR 3 Allip (it's immune to energy drain and ability damage, but not to ability drain!)
>>
>>47903294
I agree. She will find, and flay the asshole responsible for releasing that thing.

I mean she dealt with Vecna. I wonder if the Last Word could kill or even phase the Lady in Sigil.
>>
>>47899078
>Are they mazed or flayed or do the dabuses just pull a lever to open the trapdoor the monster/animal is standing on that drops them into undersigil to ply their ways eating or being eaten by all the other monsters down there?

The buildings of Sigil shift around and suddenly the Tarrasque is standing over an open portal that dumps it back to the Prime. Realistically, though, >>47902668
>It would have to be able to fit through a portal that the Lady made herself. It can't be teleported or summoned. So she would just probably never allow it to happen in the first place.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.