[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He's right you know https://youtu.be/MHBfBSN8Cdg
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: thereisnocompetition.jpg (209 KB, 1176x893) Image search: [Google]
thereisnocompetition.jpg
209 KB, 1176x893
He's right you know

https://youtu.be/MHBfBSN8Cdg
>>
bump for truth
>>
>>47897803
They aren't trying to do the same thing though, so what's the point of comparing them ? Why not play both ? Is it to gloat over the other "tribe" of wargamers? Nice elitism.
>>
>>47900264
Did you even watch the video?
>>
>>47897803
DELETE THIS!!!
>>
>>47900264
Fuck off GW no one likes you
>>
They're both shit. 9th Age is needlessly complex without actually fixing the problems of 8th. AOS' flaws go without saying.
>>
>>47904817
I play KoW for mass games and song of blades and heroes for skirmish. I want to test of gods and men for intermediate games because the concept is so fun too, I really don't see the appeal of 9th age and AoS but if people likes it...
>>
But they're both fantasy miniatures games, and frankly that makes them competing for table time. 9th not having minis though tends to make it less separate from AoS. Also holy shit this guys vid is padded as fuck.
>>
Well, they're both shit.
9th age is a convoluted mess of a wargame and Sigmar has pretty much no reason to exist, because if you wanted to play a game with pretty much no rules you could do it yourself based off any game you like easily.
>>
Do you think if I sent GW a link to 9th age they would shut it down?
>>
>>47905947
Haha im sure they know about it already. And the game differs enough from whfb especially in the naming of everything.
>>
>>47904817
>>47905709
AoS has its own merits but I can understand why it's not everyone's game.
>>
>>47908878
What merits?
>>
>9th age is shit
Let's see you shitters do better/fix 8th
>>
>>47908878
I really don't see them. For a simple game it doesn't have a semblance of balance, rules not so clear for a 4 pg panflet (like ranged combat in melee) and no interactive rules for narrative campaigns like mordheim or frostgrave. It's a lazy game than some teenager could have put in a flgs in an afternoon.
>>
>>47909873
>Fixing 8th.
That's your first problem. 8th was shit.
>>
>>47908948
>>47910138
Like I said, the game is not for everyone. What I would argue is a merit you could would argue is not one.
>>
>>47910330
It only has merits if you compare it to WHFB, than was a bad game with an awesome setting. As a game isn't good and lots of other games in skirmish level are a lot more well put, as a setting isn't for me, like the minis than I consider too expensive for what they are.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.