[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most useless Planeswalker card of all time? I'd say Nahiri,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 115277_200w.jpg (27 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
115277_200w.jpg
27 KB, 200x285
Most useless Planeswalker card of all time?

I'd say Nahiri, the Harbinger
>>
>>47896791
Tibalt
>>
>>47896791
This is bait
>>
>>47896791
Did you seriously say Mama Stoneforge is the most useless PW ever?

She's one of the strongest, actually. Not sure if trolling, though.
>>
>>47896791
>Card Draw
>Removal with proper set up
>Eldrazi Dinnerbell
That doesn't sound like Tibalt
>>
>>47896791
Worst Walker ever you say?

Read Jace, Unraveler of Secrets and Ob Nixilis Reignited. Those are both 5 mana, with a weaker - ability and a similar + ability as Nahiri. Nahiri is 4 mana, and not only does she have stronger primary abilities, but she also has a stupidly easy to set up ult-that functions as Sneak Attack from the deck! Seriously, all you have to do is compare her to Ob and new Jace to see that she is far from the weakest PW.
>>
>>47896939
>>47896791
is it customary to respond to bait with bait nowadays?
>>
>>47896939
This reads like a sibling's post to kids who cyberbullied her autistic sister.
>>
File: jace the worst.png (127 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
jace the worst.png
127 KB, 223x310
>>47896791
Not even fucking close.

+2 is extremely relevant. Looting and bringing her loyalty to 6 the turn she comes down is often as good as shitting out a token, if not better.

-2 is great for protecting herself. Either the turn she comes down, or just as a looming threat to stop your opponent from swinging (nobody attacks into her unless they're sure she can be brought down to <2 loyalty). This ability makes her impossible to ignore for any creature-based decks.

-8, as with most Ultimates, is irrelevant. That said, Nahiri's is particularly strong due to the toolbox nature of searching your library.

And she's 4 mana, which means she has a chance in most formats, metas allowing. There's a reason why it's the most expensive PW card in standard right now.

>Most useless Planeswalker card of all time?
Pic related. Remember there are 65 planeswalkers in modern alone, so maybe do some research before making shitty bait threads.
>>
>>47896791
No b8 I thought Nahiri was awful until I saw her in action during Modern.
>>
>>47899405
IMHO, At first glance, she seemed like a Boros-colored Jace, Architect of Thought. Not horrible, but not great either. Then again, many great cards have been underestimated when they were first released. Vendilion Clique, Tarmogoyf, Inquisition of Kozilek, Abrupt Decay, and Kolaghan's Command, to name a few.
>>
>>47898435
So since the +1 essentially does nothing, and the -3 can only be used once realistically, it's literally a 4-mana Void Snare??? How is this even a card????
>>
>>47899405
The thing that makes Nahiri good is that she's arguably the second most versatile 4-mana-or-less walker of all time, only beaten by JtMS in that regard (Sorry Elspeth KE, you've been beat). And in addition to that, her ult is arguably the most relevant ults of all time, up there with Ugin and Karn.
>>
>>47899913
>
LoTV?
>>
>>47899938
She's not Versatile though, she really only does one thing. She just does that one thing really, really well.
>>
>>47899913
>Karn
>Relevant Ult
What? If I've been exiling all their shit I sure as hell don't want to restart the game giving them those cards.
>>
>>47900747
You exile your own goodstuff and restart the game with a board full of it, dumbass.
>>
>>47900803
Why do that when I can control their field and hand with him? If Karn is somehow killed then all their exiled cards stay gone forever. If I've been exiling my shit and Karn is killed then all my goodstuff is gone forever.
>>
>>47900831
The eye of ugin ban, one of the easiest way to win with RG tron was to put emmy in your hand, exile it and restart the game with it in play.

Have you read Karns lt? You get every card exiled with it, not just your own
>>
>>47901951
The easiest way to win with RG Tron was just to search up and then cast Em with your tron lands what are you talking about? Actually getting Karn to ult is such a roundabout way and would take forever.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.