[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Campaign based on a pilgrimage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: guyfieri.jpg (35 KB, 650x400) Image search: [Google]
guyfieri.jpg
35 KB, 650x400
How would you run it?
>>
>paladins, clerics and monks goin' to holy land
>encounter regular adventurering shit on the way
>also encounter wilderness rules
>also holy relics are stolen by BBEG and you must go and steal them back
>>
>>47893575
It's one of the few times Ryutamma will shine.
And I would run it like a religous pilgrimage to a holy site or holy sites to get the Gods' blessing, all the why surviving the journey.
>>
Are we going to Flavortown?
>>
>>47893684
it would be pretty fun and comfy, though sadly i'll never be able to play that type of game or the system...
>>
File: 2000px-Heroesjourney.svg[1].png (193 KB, 2000x2010) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Heroesjourney.svg[1].png
193 KB, 2000x2010
>>47893575
Journey is the real adventure, destination is the reward.
>>
>Clerics
>Many Clerics
>Of many different creeds and faiths
>Heading to the same Holy Site
>All for different reasons
>All believing different things
>Feed party ambiguous claims that be twisted, turned and taken dozens of ways
>Enjoy shitstorm
>>
I'm doing one right now, kinda, the objetive is ambiguous

>shit is going on
>to find the source of the shit that's going on the party must travel the world without going back because time is of the esence
>little by little they learn the nature of the problem while solving other shit along the way
>they finally reach the destination and solve the shit
its so basic I don't even know what to say
>>
>>47893765
What is the crusades?
>>
>>47893986
A big series of mistakes.
>>
Just spend each session having one of the players share their backstory.
>>
>>47893575
>not basing all campaigns on the Pilgrim's Progress
>not forcing absolutely lead-handed lessons in Puritan morality on your players at all times with the subtlety of a crossdressing Rhino
>>
>>47893575
FFX is a good example, and I guess Dark Souls 1 counts as one to.
>>
>>47893575
>>47893575
>>47893575
>Hyperion
>>
>>47895433

we canterbury now
>>
>>47893765
Canterbury tales?
>>47893575
>>
File: 1466433720706.gif (4 MB, 500x210) Image search: [Google]
1466433720706.gif
4 MB, 500x210
i've done it, with messianic visions given to each player along the way to give it a plot. some real, some hallucinated, all of them conflicting
>>
>>47894775
Hey, it kept Arabs at bay for the most part, as a matter of fact we could use another.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.